Type keyword(s) to search

Ashley Darby: This Come-Up Looks Rundown

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

That’s always been my impression too. I don’t particularly like Ashley, but her marriage doesn’t exactly bother me. I don’t feel this great need to expose it as a marriage of convenience, because that’s pretty obvious. I don’t think Ashley is exactly subtle about the fact that she married him for money and he married to have a young woman on his arm and that they have always had various arrangements about fidelity. I do hate Michael though and would have no problem seeing his terrible predatory behavior put on real blast for an entire season. I wouldn’t shed a tear if the both of them were in legal hot water because I do think they’re a pair of grifters. But of all the things that bug me about Ashley her marrying for money doesn’t even make the cut.

So true. When Ashley's family was saying that Michael married her as a trophy wife, she had a giant smile on her face. She is proud that a man with money wanted to marry her and no, she would not have married him if he was broke.

Ashley gets ruffled when you suggest that she is a beard or that Michael is bi-sexual. Than she is no longer this highly desirable sexy wife but a smoke screen that allows her husband to go after what he really wants.

• Love 4

I dont care about whatever arrangement they have.

I do care that it appears that Ashley is contributing in some way by helping cover up the predatory behavior of the guy she calls husband.

• Love 8

Another cheating video has surfaced. Let’s see what excuses she makes for this man this time. Good God can we go one season without him cheating? Guess giving him the bootyhole wasn’t enough to keep him from wandering. Her mother must be so proud of that shit advice she gave 

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2021/07/26/photos-michael-darby-caught-out-and-about-with-woman-and-was-allegedly-spotted-doing-something-suspect/

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Another cheating video has surfaced. Let’s see what excuses she makes for this man this time. Good God can we go one season without him cheating? Guess giving him the bootyhole wasn’t enough to keep him from wandering. Her mother must be so proud of that shit advice she gave 

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2021/07/26/photos-michael-darby-caught-out-and-about-with-woman-and-was-allegedly-spotted-doing-something-suspect/

Why doesn't Ashley admit that they have an open marriage and just call it a day?

No one is buying her lies anyway.

She even admitted last year she supported Mo because Mo "helped them out" by not submitting some video.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Why doesn't Ashley admit that they have an open marriage and just call it a day?

No one is buying her lies anyway.

She even admitted last year she supported Mo because Mo "helped them out" by not submitting some video.

She just looks stupid really really stupid 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

My word that man!

I wonder what 'sus' thing he was doing that wasn't explained?

He is just gross, disgusting and has always given me very strong ick vibes when he's on my tv, even before we knew just how horrible he really is. I can't stand looking at him, he's so creepy. 
  I certainly hope, for Ashley's sake, that he uses protection when he's out prowling. Sadly, I doubt he is, and really hope she gets herself regularly tested for std's. Money isn't worth putting up with someone like Michael, at least in my eyes.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She just looks stupid really really stupid 

7 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

My word that man!

I wonder what 'sus' thing he was doing that wasn't explained?

He is just gross, disgusting and has always given me very strong ick vibes when he's on my tv, even before we knew just how horrible he really is. I can't stand looking at him, he's so creepy. 
  I certainly hope, for Ashley's sake, that he uses protection when he's out prowling. Sadly, I doubt he is, and really hope she gets herself regularly tested for std's. Money isn't worth putting up with someone like Michael, at least in my eyes.

I think what really disgusted me is that last season she admitted: "to having threesomes with other women". 

It is like in her mind a woman being bi-curious is sexy but a man doing it is wrong.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think what really disgusted me is that last season she admitted: "to having threesomes with other women". 

It is like in her mind a woman being bi-curious is sexy but a man doing it is wrong.

I mean that is just society in general .. two women together is HOT and mmmm and YESSS but God forbid its a man .... My issue with her is she plays the hurt and done wrong wife but then continues to stay with him at some point it becomes well that's on you girl .. you get what you allow him to do ... either move on or just say he can fuck who he wants ...

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, qtpye said:

I got the impression it was more that they didn't talk about it beforehand? From the little I know about open marriages, if it is talked about beforehand and agreed upon (regardless of the outside participant's gender) by both spouses, then its all good, but if not, then its cheating. 

Ashley seems pretty sex positive so I don't think Michael's bi-sexuality is a problem for her.  I would imagine she sees it more as a lack of respect for her and whatever agreement they have. I think its the lack of trust/communication in him not telling her. 

It makes me wonder if Michael doesn't have some mommy issues. Think about it -- if they have an open marriage agreement, then what is there to gain by cheating other than taking Ashley's attention away from the two other baby boys in her house. Michael sees male children getting her attention that he's not getting so he acts out in a childish way to get her attention. A good therapist would be able to identify that for him but unless he wants to actively work on it, Ashley may as well just buy three binkies instead of two and be done with it. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I got the impression it was more that they didn't talk about it beforehand? From the little I know about open marriages, if it is talked about beforehand and agreed upon (regardless of the outside participant's gender) by both spouses, then its all good, but if not, then its cheating. 

Ashley seems pretty sex positive so I don't think Michael's bi-sexuality is a problem for her.  I would imagine she sees it more as a lack of respect for her and whatever agreement they have. I think its the lack of trust/communication in him not telling her. 

It makes me wonder if Michael doesn't have some mommy issues. Think about it -- if they have an open marriage agreement, then what is there to gain by cheating other than taking Ashley's attention away from the two other baby boys in her house. Michael sees male children getting her attention that he's not getting so he acts out in a childish way to get her attention. A good therapist would be able to identify that for him but unless he wants to actively work on it, Ashley may as well just buy three binkies instead of two and be done with it. 

I thought she was sex-positive as well and both of them were bi-sexual.

Then I remember in a talking head how she adamantly said that her husband, "Would never ever be with a MAN".

I think it is partly because she likes the idea of being a trophy wife because even though it is sexist, it makes her a prize.

If Michael admits to being bi-sexual it makes her feel like a beard and she does not like that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I believe Michael is a cheater but don’t see evidence of that from this particular story and photo. It just shows him at a bar next to a woman. Not defending hm as he shouldn’t have been there alone, but he could’ve just been talking to the woman. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I believe Michael is a cheater but don’t see evidence of that from this particular story and photo. It just shows him at a bar next to a woman. Not defending hm as he shouldn’t have been there alone, but he could’ve just been talking to the woman. 

You're so right! I did jump to conclusions due to his history.

I mean, if they have an open marriage or add periodic pinch hitters, and they're both fine with it, then good for them. (I couldn't, but that's just me) If they don't, and Michael is indeed a turd, then being a bit more discreet would've helped a lot.

If I were them and had an arrangement, I'd now own it (TM Rinna) publicly, so there'd be nothing to out, and Micheal pics with others (even if innocent) would stop being fodder. It would be old news pretty quickly.

• Love 2
On 7/30/2021 at 4:51 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

You're so right! I did jump to conclusions due to his history.

I mean, if they have an open marriage or add periodic pinch hitters, and they're both fine with it, then good for them. (I couldn't, but that's just me) If they don't, and Michael is indeed a turd, then being a bit more discreet would've helped a lot.

If I were them and had an arrangement, I'd now own it (TM Rinna) publicly, so there'd be nothing to out, and Micheal pics with others (even if innocent) would stop being fodder. It would be old news pretty quickly.

I agree with this. They are grown adults and with full consent and transparency, it's all good, IMO.

But what does TM stand for in TM Rinna - AND - do they have an arrangement and have they shared it publicly?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I agree with this. They are grown adults and with full consent and transparency, it's all good, IMO.

But what does TM stand for in TM Rinna - AND - do they have an arrangement and have they shared it publicly?

TM as in trademark Lisa Rinna with her own it, own it! line she always says. (About everyone except herself😆)

• Love 3

I think Ashley did pretty much "own it" last season without getting into the details. So it's entirely possible he isn't "cheating" based on however they view their relationship. 

That being said, he has also stepped out in ways that they didn't agree to and the harassment stuff can't be justified no matter what their agreement. So I think it's even money as to whether or not he's actually cheating again. 

• Love 4

Michael was on WWHL last night with Ashley (he was at the bar) and Andy asked him directly about this latest rumor. He claimed it was an innocent meal with a friend and that nothing was wrong, but he could see how it looked bad. He also implied Ashley either knew or was comfortable with his relationship with this woman.

• Useful 1

I just read an article on Medium about a woman who married for money and thought she was safe only to find out after divorce that her husband has done about a million shady-ass things to hide assets from her and their 3 kids.

This included giving a $1.5 million dollar beach house to some cam girls and prostitutes.

I just kept thinking about Ashley. I really hope she is saving her money and not giving most of it away to her mama.

• Love 1

I’ve meant to come on this board for years (I don’t watch the show), but I know Michael Darby. I’ve actually only met him a few times, but he’s good friends with an old boss of mine that I adore. I was in institutional commercial real estate acquisitions in DC for about 25 years (I switched to affordable housing a few years ago to save my soul and am lucky enough to be able to take the financial hit). He definitely wouldn’t remember my name, but might remember me as the girl (though I’ve obviously not been a “girl” for awhile) from XXX. My former specialty (acquisitions) is overwhelmingly dominated by white men so I tended to stand out.

He actually is the real deal. Monument was one of the biggest local developers in DC. He almost crashed and burned in 2008 as his money was mostly from Lehman. Everybody thought he was going down, but he managed to survive - though I believe not at his previous level.

Fun fact - real estate developer’s stopped using their own money in the early 90’s - but rather from the type of companies I used to work for. So I know a lot of these guys. If you asked me before this show aired who was most likely to be on a reality TV show - I’d have named him in a heartbeat. 

Another fun fact. His office buildings generally suck. He pretty much defines our term “Class A for a Day”.

Not sure if any of the above is interesting to anybody. I do want to know though if the show is worth watching. I’ve heard it might be? And as I now pretty much permanently work from home - I always have something on my IPad in the background.😀

• Useful 11
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’ve meant to come on this board for years (I don’t watch the show), but I know Michael Darby. I’ve actually only met him a few times, but he’s good friends with an old boss of mine that I adore. I was in institutional commercial real estate acquisitions in DC for about 25 years (I switched to affordable housing a few years ago to save my soul and am lucky enough to be able to take the financial hit). He definitely wouldn’t remember my name, but might remember me as the girl (though I’ve obviously not been a “girl” for awhile) from XXX. My former specialty (acquisitions) is overwhelmingly dominated by white men so I tended to stand out.

He actually is the real deal. Monument was one of the biggest local developers in DC. He almost crashed and burned in 2008 as his money was mostly from Lehman. Everybody thought he was going down, but he managed to survive - though I believe not at his previous level.

Fun fact - real estate developer’s stopped using their own money in the early 90’s - but rather from the type of companies I used to work for. So I know a lot of these guys. If you asked me before this show aired who was most likely to be on a reality TV show - I’d have named him in a heartbeat. 

Another fun fact. His office buildings generally suck. He pretty much defines our term “Class A for a Day”.

Not sure if any of the above is interesting to anybody. I do want to know though if the show is worth watching. I’ve heard it might be? And as I now pretty much permanently work from home - I always have something on my IPad in the background.😀

Please watch and post your thoughts!! I for one would love to hear if tv Michael Darby tracks with IRL Michael Darby. Ashley doesn't come on until a few episodes into season one, but its worth watching from the beginning just so you know all the relationships. Her role really picks up in season two.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Please watch and post your thoughts!! I for one would love to hear if tv Michael Darby tracks with IRL Michael Darby. Ashley doesn't come on until a few episodes into season one, but its worth watching from the beginning just so you know all the relationships. Her role really picks up in season two.

X2👍

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 5

I think I’m going to. The prospect is just too intriguing. BTW - there wasn’t a whole lot of gossip about him being in the show. It was mostly a communal eye roll. He likes attention.

We talked more about him opening that ridiculous restaurant (kangaroo skewers anyone?) and we were talking mad shit about him in 2009.

It’s just odd to me cause Darby ain’t Mauricio. There is absolutely no upside (only potential downside) for him to be on this show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I think I’m going to. The prospect is just too intriguing. BTW - there wasn’t a whole lot of gossip about him being in the show. It was mostly a communal eye roll. He likes attention.

We talked more about him opening that ridiculous restaurant (kangaroo skewers anyone?) and we were talking mad shit about him in 2009.

It’s just odd to me cause Darby ain’t Mauricio. There is absolutely no upside (only potential downside) for him to be on this show. 

Nothing like HDTV to expose all the bad sides of a person inside and out, how would he had thought this would be good for him, he keeps doing things (that are not putting him in a good light) on camera or at least with mics on that are suspect and now that people know who he is he has been outed as a cheater via cell phone video, how would any of that be beneficial to his business or personal life?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Did he have a reputation for grabbing rear ends?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
On 11/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, dosodog said:

Did he have a reputation for grabbing rear ends?

Ha! Probably. He was definitely in the hard drinking (no shade there), boy’s locker room/frat club.

I’m on S1 Episode 9. I’m enjoying it as background. Karen’s airs are pretty hilarious. She’s no LVP. And I’m unaware of “Potomac Etiquette”.

I actually think Ashley is kinda cute so far. And Darby is not as creepy IRL as he comes across on camera. You actually have to be pretty personable to get to his level.

I was surprised at the cash bar at Ashley’s birthday party. He used to host fairly large all paid boondoggles for brokers/investors (no females invited). My old boss went on a ski trip(?) and said it was pretty wild (he’s also a consummate gentleman). Darby probably really misses that Lehman money.

I did out of curiosity text a good friend of mine today since I’ve been out for several years (who would be in the position to know). Here is the exchange:

Me: I just started watching RH of Potomac. Judge away! Does anybody talk about Michael Darby making an ass out of himself on national TV?

Response: Hahaha is he still on that show??!

ETA - it took about three episodes to be convinced Robyn wasn’t white.

Edited by Jennifersdc
Minor
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Nothing like HDTV to expose all the bad sides of a person inside and out, how would he had thought this would be good for him, he keeps doing things (that are not putting him in a good light) on camera or at least with mics on that are suspect and now that people know who he is he has been outed as a cheater via cell phone video, how would any of that be beneficial to his business or personal life?

Absolutely. I did mean more beneficial to his business life. He’s a serious guy who deals with serious generally conservative investors. But if you see my post above - apparently nobody gives a shit. And if you see an earlier post from above - he likes attention. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Absolutely. I did mean more beneficial to his business life. He’s a serious guy who deals with serious generally conservative investors. But if you see my post above - apparently nobody gives a shit. And if you see an earlier post from above - he likes attention. 

I’m so enjoying your observations and knowledge. Please keep it coming!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m so enjoying your observations and knowledge. Please keep it coming!!!

Just finished Episode 9. That was fabulous. First off to Charisse for having her party at the Carnegie Library. Well done. 

A lot different from Karen’s sad little party the week previously (cause we all believe she took it down many notches to “respect her MIL”).

I guess this is where Darby grabbing asses come in for the first time? Wow - he was wasted. Shocker.

• Love 5

I’m burning right through this show on (on Season Three). Mr. DC is a reformed accountant who now has a pet service business.

Eight (yes - eight) dogs for the Thanksgiving holiday including two toy Chihuahuas who bark their heads off at any other living creature (including my two cats). They’re cute in their own way, but confused why anybody would want one on a full time basis.

I spent a lot with chi chi’s on the top floor of my house watching this show. My house is basically just like Robyn’s but a little wider and on four floors (1/3 of fourth is a roof deck, 1/2 of first is a supposedly “two car” garage). Mine is also in Capitol Hill/Navy Yard not Hanover, MD. Sorry Robyn - I don’t actually dislike you.

I’m really enjoying it. The DC sidewalk fights are hysterical (as most gatherings seem to be in DC proper). Especially when somebody from the restaurant/venue comes out and tells them they need to move along (as did the waiter at the restaurant in France).

Definitely could teach the “ladies” of RHBH a lesson or too on calling each other out on their BS. Would love to see Erika Jayne on this show. Ashley and Gizelle are real shit stirrers. I thought the #FreeKaren #FreeUncleBen #TaxReform t-shirt was hysterical and quite clever.

Any guesses for Erika? #WidowsOrphans #PayTheBurnGuyHisMoney #SellYourShit

I do see Darby at this point has somewhat recovered from his Lehman implosion and has new office space across from the Old Executive Office Building. Sorry - I’m kinda an office geek. I also did a lot of multi-family, but it was my office expertise (much more complicated) that made me really valuable.

Sorry long. I’ll start posting on regular board when I catch up. In the near future it seems! And try to keep non-pertinent RE to minimum. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Oh my. Obviously have made it to Season 4.

No Ashley -  Darby would not obviously be “out” if he was gay cause “well hey - he’s super successful Michael Darby”. Given his age and when he came up professionally- it would probably be the exact opposite.

The only thing more rare than a woman in my former little niche is a gay person, or black person for that matter. There is one black guy pretty high up at Met Life (who I like very much) and one investment broker (very successful in Atlanta and relocated to try and get CBRE back in the game - really nice guy). But other than that I’ve never known of even an Analyst who was black. Can’t recall anybody openly gay… ever…

Funny thing is most of the male residential agents on Capitol Hill I know are (gay).

Part of me thinks Darby is just a bad drunk asshole who is very uncomfortable in these social situations (see black people - not the camera). Now though I’m curious, if at the more drunken of our RE events (I admit to being an eager participant in the “drunk”), he did this kind of shit and it was blown off cause “hey - he’s Michael Darby”.

Or maybe they’re a whole lot more in the closet…hmm…now I’m contemplating who…Though IMO if Darby rolls this way - he’s definitely Bi.

If you haven’t guessed before - there was obviously a reason I ended up willingly giving up a hard-earned and pretty lucrative career (still considerably less than the white boys). Best decision I ever made.

Edited by Jennifersdc
Very minor
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
On 12/2/2021 at 7:48 PM, Jennifersdc said:

Oh my. Obviously have made it to Season 4.

No Ashley -  Darby would not obviously be “out” if he was gay cause “well hey - he’s super successful Michael Darby”. Given his age and when he came up professionally- it would probably be the exact opposite.

The only thing more rare than a woman in my former little niche is a gay person, or black person for that matter. There is one black guy pretty high up at Met Life (who I like very much) and one investment broker (very successful in Atlanta and relocated to try and get CBRE back in the game - really nice guy). But other than that I’ve never known of even an Analyst who was black. Can’t recall anybody openly gay… ever…

Funny thing is most of the male residential agents on Capitol Hill I know are (gay).

Part of me thinks Darby is just a bad drunk asshole who is very uncomfortable in these social situations (see black people - not the camera). Now though I’m curious, if at the more drunken of our RE events (I admit to being an eager participant in the “drunk”), he did this kind of shit and it was blown off cause “hey - he’s Michael Darby”.

Or maybe they’re a whole lot more in the closet…hmm…now I’m contemplating who…Though IMO if Darby rolls this way - he’s definitely Bi.

If you haven’t guessed before - there was obviously a reason I ended up willingly giving up a hard-earned and pretty lucrative career (still considerably less than the white boys). Best decision I ever made.

You did make a great decision and thank you for your insight, @Jennifersdc.

I know you did not work directly for Michael Darby but Michael is quite comfortable with doing things like dropping off his babies so the women in the office will take care of them all day (even though he can well afford the best nannies and babysitters).

I imagine it must have been a toxic environment.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

You did make a great decision and thank you for your insight, @Jennifersdc.

I know you did not work directly for Michael Darby but Michael is quite comfortable with doing things like dropping off his babies so the women in the office will take care of them all day (even though he can well afford the best nannies and babysitters).

I imagine it must have been a toxic environment.

Thanks. It took me too long to realize how toxic it was.

After this I’ll stop with the Darby gossip (promise), but just had lunch with another old friend of mine. Darby was apparently a notorious ass grabber (of men). Brief recap.

Me: Really?

Friend: Oh yes. XXX was actually worse (his old partner - I’ll refrain from naming him -  easy to figure out).

Me: How did I miss this?

Friend: You’re a female. And were probably drunk.

The incident(s) on the show also did apparently cause serious potential problems with his investors. They were not amused. But now everybody is just basically “whatever” - if he wants to make a fool of himself, that’s on him.

ETA to qtype - no shocker Darby has the women in his office (I assume the only ones are in marketing, accounting or the office manager) being the babysitter.

Developer’s try to avoid spending their own money whenever possible.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Useful 7
On 12/8/2021 at 8:09 PM, dosodog said:

For the record?

I like the gossip you give!

Well - since a few of you seem interested I may have a little more insight.

I just saw where he got caught with the “stripper”.

After a deal gets closed broker’s host a “closing dinner” (broker on the sell side - buyer’s generally don’t have one) for the buyer and seller. As the commission can sometimes easily run into a million or so, it’s the least they can do.

My guess is after the dinner was over Darby and the brokers headed over to a strip club. I’m also guessing it was Camelot - as our formerly many strip clubs in DC have been redeveloped into office buildings. I also admit I’ve been there a few times (but never post closing dinner). See probably toxic (my only rule was to make sure you tip the girls well). And then invited them to go to MGM at National Harbor. Darby’s pretty stupid to think at this point he wouldn’t be recognized. And I certainly don’t believe he didn’t sleep with her.

I did out of curiosity look at the Monument website and he does list his investors. Lo and behold one of the companies I used to work for is on it. He maybe playing a little fast and loose with the facts there. I’m trying to think who I can ask without embarrassing myself.

The first time I met Darby was about 20 years ago. We did a deal with the developer he then worked for (Akridge - who is one of the top two local developers in DC - the other is Carr - who I believe he also worked for). 

For the record - I always worked for the DC satellite office of an institutional investor. Most were based on the west coast. And none of them would ever go to a strip club after a closing dinner (except maybe one…possibly two). Definitely not the one he has listed on his website.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Well - since a few of you seem interested I may have a little more insight.

I just saw where he got caught with the “stripper”.

After a deal gets closed broker’s host a “closing dinner” (broker on the sell side - buyer’s generally don’t have one) for the buyer and seller. As the commission can sometimes easily run into a million or so, it’s the least they can do.

My guess is after the dinner was over Darby and the brokers headed over to a strip club. I’m also guessing it was Camelot - as our formerly many strip clubs in DC have been redeveloped into office buildings. I also admit I’ve been there a few times (but never post closing dinner). See probably toxic (my only rule was to make sure you tip the girls well). And then invited them to go to MGM at National Harbor. Darby’s pretty stupid to think at this point he wouldn’t be recognized. And I certainly don’t believe he didn’t sleep with her.

I did out of curiosity look at the Monument website and he does list his investors. Lo and behold one of the companies I used to work for is on it. He maybe playing a little fast and loose with the facts there. I’m trying to think who I can ask without embarrassing myself.

The first time I met Darby was about 20 years ago. We did a deal with the developer he then worked for (Akridge - who is one of the top two local developers in DC - the other is Carr - who I believe he also worked for). 

For the record - I always worked for the DC satellite office of an institutional investor. Most were based on the west coast. And none of them would ever go to a strip club after a closing dinner (except maybe one…possibly two). Definitely not the one he has listed on his website.

I worked for an institutional investor as well, but we had the same deal. A couple of times a year we'd host closing dinners on deals and the clients would want to end the evening at a strip club. Fortunately for me, they tended to be out of state (southern and midwestern) clients who'd turn the deal into an excuse for a huge trip to the big city. I covered other parts of the country, so I didn't end up having to participate, but one of my colleagues was regularly dragged out to "the club" and would have to pull out her corporate card to pay for lap dances and drinks. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/17/2021 at 10:17 AM, Rlb8031 said:

I worked for an institutional investor as well, but we had the same deal. A couple of times a year we'd host closing dinners on deals and the clients would want to end the evening at a strip club. Fortunately for me, they tended to be out of state (southern and midwestern) clients who'd turn the deal into an excuse for a huge trip to the big city. I covered other parts of the country, so I didn't end up having to participate, but one of my colleagues was regularly dragged out to "the club" and would have to pull out her corporate card to pay for lap dances and drinks. 

Ha! I actually had a little scam going. When I was much younger I had my father’s Am Ex that I was allowed to charge at most a couple hundred dollars a month on. I would take my real estate friends (mostly brokers) out for drinks and then sometimes a strip club.

Sometimes I went considerably over my limit. He’d call and ask what Joanna’s was and why I went over our agreed upon on sum. I told him it was a strip club and got reimbursed for it. He thought that was fabulous (see getting reimbursed) and never asked for the money back.

See also - RH small world. My sister was an institutional equity trader for Morgan Stanley (let go post 2008 and hasn’t worked since - why not - she’s rich). Her direct boss was the ex-husband (now deceased) of a “friend” on RHNY. When she was a sales assistant he had her go out and buy a “tit” cake. Yes - it’s what it sounds like. A cake in the shape of very big breasts (nipples included). It was like 1992. I joke with her if it was 10 or so years later that cake could have cost them (and made her) millions.

I always worked for private equity or pension fund advisors who are not regulated by the SEC, so they have a little more leeway re being blatantly misogynistic.

• Love 5
On 12/19/2021 at 2:19 AM, Hiyo said:

I think all the ex-husbands of the RHONY "Friends of" are still alive, no?

Sorry - you are correct. I guess there were two. The “dead” one and the “scumbag” one. The scumbag one is the former husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I maybe back! I actually got bored with the show and stopped watching (tendency of mine). 

I was invited to a Donohoe happy hour tonight (very big local GC with own investments). Let’s see if drinks and edibles gives me the courage to ask about more Darby gossip.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Last Saturday night multiple Arlington, VA, neighborhoods flooded the police switchboards due to loud partying at an open beer lot. Guess who is behind the noise? Michael Darby's Monument Realty leased the space for 21 months in order to run "pop up" bars. We've all suffered since, including during the height of the pandemic when masses of young adults jammed into the lot, most not wearing masks.

As the lease nears its end, Michael applied for a building permit for a new restaurant in a nearby location. So his Oz failure didn't teach him any lessons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

So his Oz failure didn't teach him any lessons.

Along the lines of failed restaurants, I was in Atlantic City this past weekend and there was a Bar One in our hotel, I cannot believe these people can continue to get business loans or investors.

• Love 1

His permit is for the site of the old Clarendon Ballroom, not far from Oz. That ballroom has been many things - dance place, restaurant, HQ for a business incubator, etc. It is near Clarendon metro, which is a plus, but on-street parking is impossible. Clarendon restaurants fail continually. Sometimes I wonder if these scenarios serve a different purpose than the obvious one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

His permit is for the site of the old Clarendon Ballroom, not far from Oz. That ballroom has been many things - dance place, restaurant, HQ for a business incubator, etc. It is near Clarendon metro, which is a plus, but on-street parking is impossible. Clarendon restaurants fail continually. Sometimes I wonder if these scenarios serve a different purpose than the obvious one.

Tax write off?

On 3/31/2022 at 5:00 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Along the lines of failed restaurants, I was in Atlantic City this past weekend and there was a Bar One in our hotel, I cannot believe these people can continue to get business loans or investors.

Peter just opened up a Bar One in Baltimore so I wonder if the RHOPs would venture up there.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:50 PM, pasdetrois said:

Last Saturday night multiple Arlington, VA, neighborhoods flooded the police switchboards due to loud partying at an open beer lot. Guess who is behind the noise? Michael Darby's Monument Realty leased the space for 21 months in order to run "pop up" bars. We've all suffered since, including during the height of the pandemic when masses of young adults jammed into the lot, most not wearing masks.

This needs to be a storyline (opening up new restaurant, dealing with angry neighbors) than another tired cheating storyline.

• Love 1
On 4/9/2022 at 9:11 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Wow! Boy do we have a place for a Baltimore/Washington Primetimer meet up!!!

Just saw a IG post from Katie with a picture of Mia at...Bar One Baltimore... LOL!

I kind of feel like Ashley and Michael might be too scared to go there...well maybe not if Juan Dixon is there with them...

Edited by drivethroo
  • LOL 7
9 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

She must have finally met her five year minimum!

Spoiler

Supposedly she’s getting a lump sum and child support…so yay?

Best part is no more naked Michael.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1