Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, For Cereals said:

Yes and they are illegal here.  We were up al night with our traumatized dogs.  They weren’t going for a nice light show, they were setting off professional ones that sound like bombs.

I hate them. They’re only fun imo for the people sitting them off. Otherwise it’s jusr bomb sounds that invade our peaceful homes.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, KelseyNikki614 said:

Also, TLC really shelled out some $ for the music this year

The Moldovan landing music sounded like “Jolly Old Saint Nicholas” 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What is all this with doctors hugging their patients? I'm pretty huggy but I wouldn't dream of hugging my doctor!

My primary care physician is a hugger. At first I thought it was weird, because I am not a hugger, but she’s awesome.

• Love 6

This is ridiculous. We didn’t need to see this TLC. And not for nothing, I’ve had some serious gyno crap, why wasn’t I offered nitrous oxide? Grrr.

• Love 22
(edited)

What kind of idiot leaves for Nigeria, before hearing the biopsy results?   

You can't tell me that Larissa didn't have her attorney with her at the deportation hearing. 

The neighbors are on night three of fireworks here, they're illegal inside the city limits, no enforcement of course.      Friday night, actually Saturday morning at 2:30 a.m. three rounds of aerials that sounded like mortars going off.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

No... it sounds like they are doing a uterine biopsy, not a regular ol’ Pap smear.

I didn’t scream during mine, but the pain was horrifying. The doctor kept asking me questions so I would talk/forget about the pain. When she asked me where I worked, I was only able to get out “In a building... with people” while white knuckling the exam chair.

I had a uterine biopsy last summer, too, and holy hell does that hurt!  It’s like labor pains, and at 60 that was something I didn’t need to feel again.  And then he did it to me twice, and when it was over I was beyond relieved.

I did NOT, however, scream like a banshee.  And no one offered me nitrous oxide!

Edited by Marmiarmo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

Angela says she hates "testes". At first I heard "Texas".

I thought she literally meant testes, as in balls. Took me a minute to figure out it was “tests”.

• LOL 8
Just now, kacesq said:

This is ridiculous. We didn’t need to see this TLC. And not for nothing, I’ve had some serious gyno crap, why wasn’t I offered nitrous oxide? Grrr.

Me too. Never got that option. Dammit.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Yes and they are illegal here.  We were up al night with our traumatized dogs.  They weren’t going for a nice light show, they were setting off professional ones that sound like bombs.

Yeah, us too...bomb noises everywhere.  Totally unsuited for a residential area.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

I'll have what she's having ... minus the needle.

I love nitrous for dental work. You feel what's going on, but don't care. Never laughed with it though.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

You know Angela...even without the biopsy, you don’t look like the picture of health. Maybe quit the cigs, lose some weight and then think about toting that damn egg.

also, is the stereotypical Italian American mom on Smothered disparaging her SILs taste when she’s proposing black floor and white cabinets? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Yuck, I don't want to watch this.

TLC keeps upping the "revolting" ante. 

1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

My primary care physician is a hugger. At first I thought it was weird, because I am not a hugger, but she’s awesome.

I can almost see hugging your PCP, if you've been a patient for a long time and have a relationship. But these docs who walk in and hug patients routinely, I just can't even. 

Just now, humbleopinion said:

Exterminating her dusty, dried up jerkied hallway.....

Checking on that aig.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I love nitrous for dental work. You feel what's going on, but don't care. Never laughed with it though.

The doctor gave me something called twilight sleep when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. Which scared me because there's an episode of "The X-Files" where a guy is giving women twilight sleep and killing them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Once upon a time I was at a fancy event and was talking to a lady about her kids' occupations.  She said her son was an ob/gyn.  To keep it on a polite level I said, "Oh how lovely to get to see new life come into the world!" 

She said, "Yeah but it's a bit embarrassing to tell people your son's a twat doctor."

I lost my shit and made a friend that night.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

And now, after seeing the needle used for an intrauterine biopsy, I feel a little woozy.

The horse needle used for amniocentesis...is not for the faint hearted.....very long and large bored....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I’m starting a petition right now for this poor doctor to receive hazard pay.  Link forthcoming. 

If I'd known about her stand on Nitrous Oxide I wouldn't have cancelled my appointment with her...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Marmiarmo said:

And now, after seeing the needle used for an intrauterine biopsy, I feel a little woozy.

At my appointment, when they showed me the needle, I knew it wasn't gonna be a great time. I didn’t even know they were going to do it that day. It was my first appointment with a new gyn practice (they rushed me in after I sent them my labs and imaging).

• Love 3
Just now, brillia79 said:

At my appointment, when they showed me the needle, I knew it wasn't gonna be a great time. I didn’t even know they were going to do it that day. It was my first appointment with a new gyn practice (they rushed me in after I sent them my labs and imaging).

I don't want to see any of that shit. I prefer to remain ignorant. 

• Love 5