Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I've been trying to find homes for the puppies all week. It's stressful. I'm late but ready for the shenanigans.

IMG_20200705_191041_265.jpg

So cute! I'll take one! 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That girl is creepy with a capital C. She looks like every single woman who goes off the deep end and hacks someone to death in a Lifetime movie. 

she has such a low energy, unemotional, flat affect. I wonder if she's adopted, she looks absolutely nothing like her mother. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

My son would have turned 10 today. He died of SIDS when he was two months old. What bites is that we followed all the guidelines. Unfortunately, SIDS is just a catch-all for when they complete toxicology and an autopsy and still don't know. It's a cause of death by exclusion. I remember a week after his funeral when I ran into an old English teacher and when I told her that he'd passed away she'd sympathetically patted my shoulder and said, "I'm so sorry. Did you forget to put him on his back?" 

That's a terrible thing to say. I am so sorry that happened to you. I could not even begin to imagine how horrible that is.  The death of a child due to SIDS is never anyone's fault. In my family's case My little Aunt was sick, there was a huge language barrier and it was the 1940s. I suspect she likely had pneumonia or something along those lines but the Doctor sent her home. My colleague's daughter was misdiagnosed with a mild flu (they brought her to ER twice) and she died in her sleep from blood poisoning. This was only a few years ago. 

44 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Till tomorrow, you lying bitches.

😃

I just cracked up

9 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Why stop with one? Take two and I'll throw in a kitten for free! 😉

Mrs. FB loves the puppies. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

she has such a low energy, unemotional, flat affect. I wonder if she's adopted, she looks absolutely nothing like her mother. 

Well, to be fair, we don't know what her mother looked like pre-op. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

That's a terrible thing to say. I am so sorry that happened to you. I could not even begin to imagine how horrible that is.  The death of a child due to SIDS is never anyone's fault. In my family's case My little Aunt was sick, there was a huge language barrier and it was the 1940s. I suspect she likely had pneumonia or something along those lines but the Doctor sent her home. My colleague's daughter was misdiagnosed with a mild flu (they brought her to ER twice) and she died in her sleep from blood poisoning. This was only a few years ago. 

" Things people say" is a favorite topic in my child loss groups. One "well-meaning " friend said, "Just think of all the money you'll save on diapers!" And of course the always helpful, "Well, at least he was just a baby do you didn't have time to get attached!" I participated in a study in Boston with one of the priemer SIDS researchers and she found that more than half of the babies either had colds or acid reflux. Perhaps something went wrong in the information center and their little brains didn't know how to handle what was going on so they shut down momentarily to "reset" but couldn't. (Kind of like how young and otherwise healthy people were dying from H1N1- their bodies went into overdrive to fight the virus and that was ultimately its downfall.) Hopefully with more research we'll start seeing patterns and then be on our way to testing, treatment, etc. Mine couldn't be saved but my hope is that somebody else's can. 

So...Jess is a production setup, right? This can't be real. Ugh. Not even a green card would be worth that Anthony Perkins and Mother duo. Run, Jess, run! 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What is all this with doctors hugging their patients? I'm pretty huggy but I wouldn't dream of hugging my doctor!

I have known my doctor for over 40 years and wouldn’t think of hugging her.  When she was doing a biopsy on me she asked if I was in pain and I said no why? Because you’re not breathing.  I also had to have aminos every 3 days for a couple of weeks by my obgyn back in the olden  days. 
I hope Asuela gets to the bus station and because he  doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground stays lost. He’s moving to the top of my hate list.  
im not understanding Mollys choice to top tonight. 

• Love 1

Hi my friends. I’ve been having a bad case of the blahs and in a funk. I am hopeful that tonight’s show and more important you all will help me get out of it. After all, I’ve given up everything to come here. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

" Things people say" is a favorite topic in my child loss groups. One "well-meaning " friend said, "Just think of all the money you'll save on diapers!" And of course the always helpful, "Well, at least he was just a baby do you didn't have time to get attached!" I participated in a study in Boston with one of the priemer SIDS researchers and she found that more than half of the babies either had colds or acid reflux. Perhaps something went wrong in the information center and their little brains didn't know how to handle what was going on so they shut down momentarily to "reset" but couldn't. (Kind of like how young and otherwise healthy people were dying from H1N1- their bodies went into overdrive to fight the virus and that was ultimately its downfall.) Hopefully with more research we'll start seeing patterns and then be on our way to testing, treatment, etc. Mine couldn't be saved but my hope is that somebody else's can. 

So...Jess is a production setup, right? This can't be real. Ugh. Not even a green card would be worth that Anthony Perkins and Mother duo. Run, Jess, run! 

My niece was three years old. Still breaks my heart 25 years later

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Hi my friends. I’ve been having a bad case of the blahs and in a funk. I am hopeful that tonight’s show and more important you all will help me get out of it. After all, I’ve given up everything to come here. 

Hey friend, we've got you. But what are your intentions? Did you give up your CAR? How can we know you're doing this for the right reasons? 

Hey everyone! I cooked a huge meal, (enchiladas verdes, spicy black beans, rice, fresh salsa) hoping my son and friends would come over but they got behind and couldn't make it. (We've all been isolating so we get together for dinner every two weeks, then isolate again. So far its worked, fingers crossed!). So I'm stuffed full of enchiladas and ready to snark! 

• Love 12
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Hey friend, we've got you. But what are your intentions? Did you give up your CAR? How can we know you're doing this for the right reasons? 

Hey everyone! I cooked a huge meal, (enchiladas verdes, spicy black beans, rice, fresh salsa) hoping my son and friends would come over but they got behind and couldn't make it. (We've all been isolating so we get together for dinner every two weeks, then isolate again. So far its worked, fingers crossed!). So I'm stuffed full of enchiladas and ready to snark! 

I can drop by later. 😋

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

FedEx me the leftovers 😀

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I hope none of my relatives ever finds out that I spend a minimum of 6 hours a week on this dreck. How the mighty have fallen!

Your guilty secret is safe with us. 

3 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Omg, Stephanie singing😑

I could have gone to my grave not having heard Steph's warbling, thanks. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

We will cheer you up! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm drooling. I have everything ready to make chicken fajitas, but I still need the energy. 🙂

• Love 3