Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

(edited)

Larissa is that friend who always has a shit-ton of drama in her life and when you’ve been roped in for the fifth time that year, you regret ever giving her your number. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 16

I’m sorry Kareeny but you didn’t have a beautiful house in Brazil either. Why the hell does she keep expecting him to turn into a rich provider???

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Sigh I am in an apt with no central air. It is going to be around 40 plus degrees with humidity all week. We were already in the high thirties all last week. I am all kinds of miserable 

Come to Vancouver, we’ve had nothing but rain (though we had a sunny weekend!) Stay cool!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Sigh I am in an apt with no central air. It is going to be around 40 plus degrees with humidity all week. We were already in the high thirties all last week. I am all kinds of miserable 

Wait, you’re in Canada right? I was so confused at first lol.

• Love 3

RUN Syringe! RUN!

So, it's been fun AGAIN TONIGHT!!! Thanks y'all for the great snark! Off to laundry for (ugh) work tomorrow.  These 3 day weekends spoil me! I want one every week!

• Love 9
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Get your frozen gelled ice packs and put in your lap and around your neck...rotate them back to the freezer as they melt

Get a bucket and fill with cold tap water...immerse your feet.

• Love 4

My ex husband is Greek Orthodox.  In his church they had big walk in font for adults and it went as follows:

For the actual font immersion, this may vary from church to church depending on the priests’ specific style.  A typical scenario is the priest will have the adult change into a bathing suit and a robe and the adult will re-enter into the church.  The robe may either be only opened (but kept on) or removed.

However, I am Catholic and I never had to be baptized into his faith.  I don’t know how it works in Moldova.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Get your frozen gelled ice packs and put in your lap and around your neck...rotate them back to the freezer as they melt

@sainte-chapelle, roll ice cubes into a bandana and put it around your neck. Works great.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

Wait, you’re in Canada right? I was so confused at first lol.

There's a lot of hot weather going around right now.  In Minnesota we're going to see almost 90 or over 90 for the next week.  I love my AC!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Come to Ohio, it’s 90+ or 33c and I have the a/c on

• Love 1
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Thanks for the tips! I tried to put a freezer pack on my cat. She got upset lol

• LOL 9
7 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Torrential downpours right over my house. Better not lose power. Ugh!

I wish they'd move my way, I need a break in this weather! 

6 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

The doctor gave me something called twilight sleep when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. Which scared me because there's an episode of "The X-Files" where a guy is giving women twilight sleep and killing them.

They used to give women Twilight Sleep for childbirth. Women marched in the streets to demand it! 

5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

The horse needle used for amniocentesis...is not for the faint hearted.....very long and large bored....

I had to have an amnio at 35 weeks to see if my son's lungs had developed enough surfactant to be safely delivered. Not much room for the needle to maneuver. And whenever the needle started through, damned if that little scamp didn't stick his foot right up where it was going. I could see the screen and I was laughing and crying at the same time. It took forever to outsmart him and get the sample. 

• Love 7
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I think that they said that Libby has never been baptized at the dinner table.

My closed captioning said that Libby is Baptist. Don’t they usually get baptized by immersion as adults?

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Toodleoo said:

LAWD HAMMERCY I did *not* notice the seethroughness of this dress.  A Randy Fenoli knockoff!

Or a Pnina Tornai “Stripper Fairy Dress” 

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Is the sMothered girl's secret that she likes girls? 

That girl is creepy with a capital C. She looks like every single woman who goes off the deep end and hacks someone to death in a Lifetime movie. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Eastern European men are usually proud and are hard workers. Most are, not all.

My grandparents are from Eastern Europe...both worked but grandma did most of the child rearing. Though I think this is partially because one of the kids died of SIDS when granddad was watching her. She had a cold and he put her to sleep and she never woke up. I think she was sleeping on her tummy but that is what was done back then in case baby vomited.

20 minutes ago, kacesq said:

I’m sorry Kareeny but you didn’t have a beautiful house in Brazil either. Why the hell does she keep expecting him to turn into a rich provider???

My guess is that he's filled her head with all kinds of nonsense. He probably convinced her that he was having trouble in Brazil because of the language barrier, but that in KY he'd have a great job, a beautiful house, their own car...

I mean, hell, wouldn't take much to convince her. They've been married for more than a year and still have to use an app to communicate.

• Love 7
(edited)

Pole is a what you see is what you get kind of man. The fairy tale lied, Karine. The frog ain't gonna turn in to any sort of prince.

Edited by Frozendiva
lied not liked
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My grandparents are from Eastern Europe...both worked but grandma did most of the child rearing. Though I think this is partially because one of the kids died of SIDS when granddad was watching her. She had a cold and he put her to sleep and she never woke up. I think she was sleeping on her tummy but that is what was done back then in case baby vomited.

My son would have turned 10 today. He died of SIDS when he was two months old. What bites is that we followed all the guidelines. Unfortunately, SIDS is just a catch-all for when they complete toxicology and an autopsy and still don't know. It's a cause of death by exclusion. I remember a week after his funeral when I ran into an old English teacher and when I told her that he'd passed away she'd sympathetically patted my shoulder and said, "I'm so sorry. Did you forget to put him on his back?" 

• Love 1