Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Happy Ending

• Start Topic

(edited)

Oh my, the sign. I can’t believe how much I started crying when I realized Roland changed it as Johnny and Moira were driving from the motel. 

David telling Patrick about the happy ending he received was the funniest part of the episode, it's was hilarious how Patrick was forced to be okay with it since it seemed like he arranged the whole thing.

Patrick's vows were just adorable 🧡 And I liked how Johnny immediately complimented Moira on how she did with officiating the wedding, they are such a good, supportive couple.

And Alexis's dress, oh wow 😮 She looked incredible. Probably one of the best looks in the entire series.

Edited by Harvey
  • Love 16
(edited)

What! I always cry at weddings! Aw, Moira, your only son's wedding isn't time for sentimentality! 

I loved that the Jazzagals sang "Precious Love" at the wedding - callback to the last episode of Season 2 when the Roses all tell one another they love each other and all the characters blissfully dance at Mutt's barn party. I just love that scene (actually just watched it again this morning).

Glad the "happy ending" didn't become a big thing and eventually made Patrick laugh.

Alexis looked stunning.

Edited by Nordly Beaumont
  • Love 14
(edited)

They began as a family that barely could stand each other and now they became close and honestly care each other. And Stevie has become a business partner/protege and a second daughter to John/Moira.

This show has come full circle and they have become better people for it. John Rose telling the town of his gratitude and the town coming together without a second thought. 

And only in Schitt's Creek and the Rose family where they turn a wedding into a dramatic rollercoaster. But thankfully no Game of Thrones dark turn. We were promised a happy ending (so did David. Ha!) and we got one.

Ah! Moira officiating the wedding like Glenda the Good is pope of her own church.

And the wedding... David had thought/fretted that his New York friends wouldn't show. Well screw that. He has real friends in Schitt's Creek. And the Jazzagals singing their song is so appropriate. And their vows to each other...I am not crying.

The town motto: "Where Everyone Fits In" Fitting.  And John's last look at the town... OMG. The tears...

Edited by redfish
  • Love 23

So glad Comedy Central aired this episode!

I might have been somewhat emotional during this episode, but did Alexis say 'I love you' to each member in the family and only Johnny said it back? She booped them on the nose. I love when she does that. 

Did not really like the 'happy ending' storyline. 

Six seasons and a movie?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, roctavia said:

I guess Alexis is the one without a ton of closure, though she at least has a promising Publicist career ahead of her.... I was hoping for some magical reconciliation with Ted... or like a 5 years later they came back together in a way that finally worked or something 😛 

Dan Levy said he is not opposed to an eventual spin-off so I think that is why he left so many loose ends so there is something to continue with when the time comes.

• Love 11

Did something happen with Milligan or did he have filming conflicts? I hated how they dropped him and the Alexis/Ted story. I actually preferred it to David’s romantic journey.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

(1) I am a control freak and (2) I got married at the beach without a tent so David's last minute rain scenario was my worst nightmare. I totally get freaking out when faced with "OMG WTF are we going to do?" the morning of the wedding. We did have a backup plan just in case there was a freak rainstorm in June though. Our reception site was indoors so we decided that if it rained we would send everyone to the reception site and just the two of us and our officiant/my BFF would go to the beach and get married in the rain, and then we would go to the reception site and have a ceremony for everyone to see.

As crazy as it sounds, I was able to let go of my OCD tendencies for one day because all I cared about was getting to marry the person I loved. But I did mentally prepare for every possible scenario from the food getting screwed up to the wedding cake being dropped. The only thing that ended up going wrong was the bouquets weren't done correctly but I was like fuck it, who cares?

Alexis walking David down the aisle IN A WEDDING DRESS to Simply the Best was everything. And then Patrick singing Mariah Carey to David!

I love that Moira had that entire pope outfit in her closet. Congrats to Ronnie for getting an obscene amount of flowers for the ceremony.

I was teary about everyone waving goodbye so I'm glad we got one last laugh with the new and improved sign.

I thought when Stevie opened the door to room 7, there would be some kind of gift that Johnny left behind for her.

• Love 11

I loved Alexis's realization that oh shoot, she really did look like a bride right before they walked down the aisle, and David's comment about how he's continually impressed with Alexis. I thought that was so sweet. 😭

• Love 20

Loved the episode!  I was wondering, what was the colored badge on the upper back of David's tuxedo jacket?  Was that part of the jacket, or something he put there?

I guess it's not that surprising that David and Moira didn't say, "I love you," back to Alexis, but it still would have been in character for them to have done so, I think.  And it would have been nice.  But that's a minor quibble in a wonderful episode.

I was looking at the motel zip code in Emily Hampshire's post.  I can't tell if the zip code is 23485 or 234B5.  In any event, Canadian zip codes are in a A1A 1A1 format, so it doesn't match regardless.  If it's 23485, it looks like there's no American zip code like that.  The 234xx zip codes are in Virginia, though.

• Love 4

Moira needs her own church, that outfit was amazing!!😂😂

It was all wonderful, but I think my favorite part was Stevie's face when David said he got a happy ending. Then when she asked how is was, I lost it. 

I'm gonna miss this show so much! Who wants to binge it with me?😎

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Moira as the officiant was the best! I also got a good laugh out of how serene David was post-massage. Happy ending indeed!

I'm satisfied with the end. Everyone got the ending they needed and though I am sad Alexis isn't with Ted, I think it would have been way too forced to have him show up dramatically at the end for a reunion, or for her to decide she needed to be with him after all and leave everything and everyone to chase turtles with him. Alexis needs to figure out where and when she's going to put down her own roots. I feel like she's going to something now, as opposed to running away from it, and that's a big improvement. Maybe if they have a film or catch-up show we can have an Alexis and Ted reunion - that would make much more sense to me.

I would have been happy to see Bob slow motion run one more time, but at least I got crow bebes from Moira. Overall, I think they did a pretty good job of balancing the humor and sentiment, while tying up the story.

• Love 16

thought it was absolutely perfect, up to the new sign welcoming all to Schitt's Creek with the Roses replacing the Schitts. I'm glad they ended it with "the kids' in front of the motel arms around their shoulders while Moira and Johnny drove off. Wouldn't feel right if they had shown the actual move from the motel.  The part of the documentary I found most interesting was the role of fashion in the show. As I am not a fashionista, I didn't realize how much time and money was spent on wardrobe, especially for Moira.

• Love 4

Geeze....okay, I found tears in my eyes today after reading everyone's posts-just like I had tears in my eyes during the episode last night...

As for the title of the episode "Happy Endings" well, maybe for them, but not for me as I am so sad that this series is over...

In spite of my bitterness (about the series ending) and through my tears, I did enjoy the episode.  Like others, the actual 'happy ending' of the massage was a bit 'meh' for me, but the good-byes, the friendships, the love...sigh...it was all there.

I certainly hope that there may be a spin-off, a Christmas episode, a movie, etc.  I'll take anything they give us.  I have perused Amazon looking at show-related products and will probably end up buying some items.  Sniff...

• Love 3

I really liked the fact that the episode played more like a “coda” then a finale. All the characters already had their wrap ups. Johnny, Stevie, and Roland with the business in The Pitch and Moria with her accepting the show on her turns, Alexis and restarting in NYC and rejecting the money, David and Patrick with the house and staying in Start Spreading the News. 
This was just good times to be had by all. So sweet and ridiculous. 
For someone who just found this show this year, it has been a short, intense, and forever love affair.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I'm glad somebody above pointed out that it was Roland who made the change to the sign. I didn't pick up on that up.

That was Roland's wedding gift.  Someone said that he'd forgotten to give them the gift he'd mentioned...and then there it was.  Love Love Love

• Love 8

You could tell the tears were real during the wedding scene. Even the guy who played Patrick's father, who was standing behind him, and had no dialogue at all, had tears in his eyes. You have to think it was a combination of the moment and the overall sadness that this would be the last time the whole cast would be together. It all felt so genuinely emotional and moving.

Moira's outfit was outrageous. Not that I object, but we were meant to think she had all these high end outfits in her closet but when would she have ever bought this get-up? Especially the Pope hat. 

I wish there was some kind of flash forward with the characters. 

I'm glad they didn't do that. For one thing it has become an over-used gimmick in series finales. For another thing it sort of closes the door on future possibilities if you lock everyone in place. Should they choose to do a special of some sort down the line they aren't limited to what they might have shown in such a flash-forward.

• Love 9

How did I get to the last episode without realizing that Stevie's last name is "Budd" - ergo, the source of "RoseBud" motel?

This was a wonderful episode. I'm glad everyone ended up happy.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm glad they didn't do that. For one thing it has become an over-used gimmick in series finales. For another thing it sort of closes the door on future possibilities if you lock everyone in place. Should they choose to do a special of some sort down the line they aren't limited to what they might have shown in such a flash-forward.

I agree. Six Feet Under perfected that device and anything else just seems like a knock-off to me now (don't know who did it first; I just always felt like SFU did it best). The other truly outstanding finale was Newhart, but I love me some Suzanne Pleshette.

1 hour ago, Kanner said:

really liked the fact that the episode played more like a “coda” then a finale. All the characters already had their wrap ups. Johnny, Stevie, and Roland with the business in The Pitch and Moria with her accepting the show on her turns, Alexis and restarting in NYC and rejecting the money, David and Patrick with the house and staying in Start Spreading the News.

I think that's a good perspective on the episode. The table is nicely set if they decide to revisit.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Harvey said:

Dan Levy said he is not opposed to an eventual spin-off so I think that is why he left so many loose ends so there is something to continue with when the time comes.

Coming next season on ABC, "Schitt's-ish"

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, mikem said:

Loved the episode!  I was wondering, what was the colored badge on the upper back of David's tuxedo jacket?  Was that part of the jacket, or something he put there?  

He was wearing head to toe Thom Browne.  Not sure which collection, might be from the Resort 2018 collection.  

Edited by seaELare
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, mikem said:

I was looking at the motel zip code in Emily Hampshire's post.  I can't tell if the zip code is 23485 or 234B5.  In any event, Canadian zip codes are in a A1A 1A1 format, so it doesn't match regardless.  If it's 23485, it looks like there's no American zip code like that.  The 234xx zip codes are in Virginia, though.

Are you a fellow postal worker?  I make my family roll their eyes when I start talking zip codes.  So your post made me smile.  I noticed the key too and thought that’s not right at all. 

Loved the finale and will miss the hell out of the Rose family. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I literally gasped when Moira entered the hall. I don't think we'll ever see wardrobing of its like again.

On a personal note, I binged all 6 seasons and got to watch the last eps over the past couple weeks while at home with the coronavirus (mild but unpleasant and thankfully recovered). It was the perfect diversion and company while I was isolated. Definitely one nice thing for me that came out of these difficult times we're all experiencing. My crush on David will live forever.

I gasped as well, in amusement and delight. What an outfit! The clothing on the show was incredible. I’m a bit too old for Alexis’ wardrobe but - wow - it was lovely. And she looked absolutely stunning on her “wedding” dress.

I also binged all six seasons over the past few weeks while shut indoors. It was a gift to have a kind, funny, warm-hearted show to watch amid this crisis. My sister has been telling me for years to watch it and I’m glad that I saved it until now.

I, too, have a crush on David. He is one of the great characters in TV comedy.

@Lady Iris, glad to know that you are feeling better.

• Love 9

"Do they look like they're getting married?" 

"...Kind of." 

Its ok, its his sister!

This was clearly a sort of coda/epilogue for the show, as pretty much everyone is on their way to their next big wonderful adventure, and this was just the last big hurrah for the cast. It was really just what I wanted, lots of sweetness and hilarity, some call backs, some jazzigals, and, of course, Moira in some truly amazing outfits. The wedding was super sweet, and I am glad that so many of the townsfolk could be involved, and its so great to see how much closer the Roses have gotten over the course of the show. This show can be so over the top, but its grounded by its sincerity and the genuine character development of the various characters. 

This show clearly could have kept going, and while I will really miss this show (and I have just this season jumped on the bandwagon!) and I wish I could have more, I am glad they left while they were still riding a creative high and on their own terms. Not getting cut by networks before they can finish everything, not limping on well past its expiration date, but driving off into the sunset on their own terms. 

Poor David, you can really feel that panic setting in. Just not in Roland's living room, for the love of God! I do wish we had a bit more Alexis, and that she and Ted had stayed together, but I can imagine that they could each other again. Ted comes to new York to work at the New York Zoo, I will make this happen! 

Just a sweet, funny, sincere finale, just what I wanted.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

13 hours ago, mikem said:

6 hours ago, seaELare said:

He was wearing head to toe Thom Browne.  Not sure which collection, might be from the Resort 2018 collection.  

I noticed that too. I feel like this does not deserve this level of scrutiny, but it was bothering me too, so I did a bit of exploring, because what the heck. What is the internet for if not satisfying idle curiosities? Here's what we (probably) noticed:

MysteryRibbon01.jpg.5fc73fd1e8f2b12e520f422c10feca93.jpg

This seemed to be a feature of the jacket, so when I noticed a similar strip of colour down by David's knees, I assumed the jacket was long in the back, and that coloured strip started at the collar and ran down the inside of the jacket on either side:

MysteryRibbon04.jpg.ebdae6d278cf7328a1e71ad90dec9a9e.jpg

But on closer inspection, the jacket is in fact a normal length, so that other strip has to be part of the skirt. I did also notice it again on the skirt in the final "next morning" scene when David is not wearing the jacket.

MysteryRibbon03.jpg.2b98bcc96846628a194d29ca36ae24ce.jpg

So, put together with seaELare's post above, my conclusion is that David's jacket and skirt were made by the same designer (same collection?) and that is a design feature of the outfit.

The whole outfit is so very David. All the costuming this episode was amazing.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And look at Stevie, the bud who became a rose.

Awww, you’re making me tear up again. 

Like the moment at the end when Alexis reached out and brought Stevie into the Alexis/David/Patrick embrace. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

"Do they look like they're getting married?" 

"...Kind of." 

Its ok, its his sister!

I was hoping all of the brother/sister getting married jokes would result in one last joke about the Broomfield family.

• Love 3

I'm really loving how Stevie became a part of their family. The affection Johnny had for Stevie was palpable and heartwarming. She was seemingly alone at the very beginning and not only found her bff but a family too. Dammit show...so good at the feels.

13 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

@Lady Iris, glad to know that you are feeling better.

Thank you so much!

And God strike me down but "Simply the Best" by Tina Turner is playing right now on my station as we speak. I have a new appreciation for this song.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know Simply the Best when I hear it but every time I see the song title here, I mistakenly think it’s You’re the Best from the Karate Kid and I start thinking about Johnny and Daniel at the All Valley championship. 

Well shit, now I will, too.

• LOL 3

I was a mess through the whole thing. The wedding was perfect, but the whole cast having real tears through all of it is what killed me. I’m going to miss this crazy ass show.

• Love 6