Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Well, I guess you can have the UberEats guy bring you a pizza and back away slowly with his hands in the air to show that he's not touching it and you're hoping the cops aren't driving by because it looks like a hold-up situation. Not that I know anything about that or anything (bless our new contactless delivery overlords). 

I got an e-mail that Jimmy Johns isn't delivering any more. I was excited because at first they said they would leave your food by the door, the whole point for me of having Jimmy Johns is so I don't have to go out and get it. I've actually been cooking every day, although not the healthiest stuff.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

No you can't use food stamps on fast food. That's why when he said he had food stamps I thought he would be better off buying breakfast at the grocery store because it wouldn't cost him anything. But others pointed out where would he cook the food?

Actually some states permit food stamps at fast food restaurants for recipients in certain categories such as the disabled, homeless, and elderly.   Looks like he may be a twofer --homeless and obese.

Edited by Twopper
spelling issue
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"By the time I was 14 I weighed 300 pounds". Getting close! I just need a "journey" or "I'm in so much pain" and I'll have Bingo!

Where can I get one of these infamous bingo boards???

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

But the waiting lists are long for available units. Doesn't matter if they're eligible if there's no housing. 

Maybe Dr. Now has an in with the housing dept.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If Dr Paradise visits them at home, we will see Paradise by the dashboard light.

I'll let myself out . . . 

LOL!  I needed this laugh tonight!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If Dr Paradise visits them at home, we will see Paradise by the dashboard light.

I'll let myself out . . . 

POST OF THE NIGHT

5 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

In the van or in his folds? 😊

Remember when NIcolo the Juggalette's family was busted and the cops searched her folds for drugs? That was a simpler time. 

4 minutes ago, MissLam said:

Where can I get one of these infamous bingo boards???

There are a bunch of them in the small talk thread! Starting about page 39. I think there are four of them altogether. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 9
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

Actually some states permit food stamps at fast food restaurants for recipients in certain categories such as the disabled, homeless, and elderly.   Looks like he may be a tofer --homeless and obese.

I've had to deal with DHS for some of my clients so I know it's not in Michigan. Wow that's a slippery slope because it's easy to blow through your money faster on restaurant food.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Hi Pounders! Sliding in late tonight. I hope this is going to be a fun “living in a van down by the river” train wreck. We could all use the distraction. I fear it’s going to be sad and depressing though. That’s ok. My eating habit tonight includes fresh-baked buttermilk biscuits, thick applewood smoked bacon, and eggs. Dr Now can tut at me about it not being dood sichuashun all he wants. I’m stress eating. Now I need a little something sweet. 

How are you all doing?

Your meal sounds delicious !

Buttermilk biscuits !!!! I will eat them alllllllll !!!!!!!! 😉 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

This is sad tonight but I'll throw this one out for my ticket to hell.  If he puts his feet in the sand at the shore someone will push him back into the water.

Yeah I suck.

Gasoline drawers for you my dear!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I can't imagine I would let my cousins live in a van when I had a home.  I don't get that.  It couldn't be forever and they would have to get help, but it would be a roofq(and shower).

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

I got an e-mail that Jimmy Johns isn't delivering any more. I was excited because at first they said they would leave your food by the door, the whole point for me of having Jimmy Johns is so I don't have to go out and get it. I've actually been cooking every day, although not the healthiest stuff.

Since I always home cook, we had our first Instacart delivery today.  My husband is very high risk so we gave it a try.  Went very well and I way over over tipped.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Can you buy pine air fresheners on Amazon by the case?

You can get anything in quantity on Amazon.    (By bulk if you mean 4 6 packs totaling 24 per order, yes.     In about 40 flavors). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

I'm back. I didn't go crazy - scrambled eggs w/Italian blend cheese, 2 veg sausage patties, and a strawberry almond milkshake.  A weight management trick I learned - use sugar free jello as the flavoring in 'milk.' It thickens it & gives flavor. I also add some splenda.

I can drink this as needed and don't have to buy the expensive Boost, SlimFast, Ensure, etc. Plus, I think they all have milk, so I have to take a lactose pill with them, which I don't want to do all of the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Actually some states permit food stamps at fast food restaurants for recipients in certain categories such as the disabled, homeless, and elderly.   Looks like he may be a tofer --homeless and obese.

Some people don’t have cooking facilities, others don’t know how to cook or can’t physically cook.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

I can't imagine I would let my cousins live in a van when I had a home.  I don't get that.  It couldn't be forever and they would have to get help, but it would be a roofq(and shower).

We don't know their history... if they are the kind of cousins who would rather spend money on food than on roof over their head, you know if you let them in, they will be there until you kick them out (and it won't be easy to do).  They aren't exactly motivated to get back on their feet...  

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I saw a comment today on that topic, and had to quickly scan it to see if it was the death notification.

He’s probably been dead for years but Lisa keeps feeding the corpse. Hell, he was already rotting, who would notice?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Since I always home cook, we had our first Instacart delivery today.  My husband is very high risk so we gave it a try.  Went very well and I way over over tipped.  

I adore Instacart. I only go to the store in person maybe once a month. I can get coffee and milk and eggs and stuff weekly and stock up on other stuff in person. Its such a wonderful convenience! And the people who are going out and shopping for others these days are aces. My poor shopper last week was so apologetic because some of my stuff wasn't available! 

• Love 5
Just now, Hellga said:

We don't know their history... if they are the kind of cousins who would rather spend money on food than on roof over their head, you know if you let them in, they will be there until you kick them out (and it won't be easy to do).  They aren't exactly motivated to get back on their feet...  

That’s why I can’t seen success for either one of them.  There is just not enough motivation other than “get to Houston” and “help from Dr. Now” = “someone else will fix our problems for us”.

• Love 3