Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The poor lady at my local packie was having a conniption trying to keep us all six feet apart! I

I went to my favorite Mexican fast food place (Zantigo's-they have carnitas!) and they had 6 ft blocked off with tape all the way to the door.  I've heard we Minnesotans are doing well with social distancing.  It's not too difficult--we like to have 3 feet personal space anyway! 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

So they went to the housing office, and the line was long, and the next day it closed early and then...what?  They just gave up?

"I need things to come together."  He doesn't seem to understand that he needs to make this happen.

• Love 6

FFS, couldn't TLC just pony up a couple thousand dollars a month and put these two in an apartment or extended-stay hotel? 

1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

"packie"!  That's how I know you're from the North Shore!  Ha ha!  And I must have seen about 70 nip bottles along the curbs today on my Salem walk. Sigh.

Empty Fireball nips are part of the scenery here, for sure. Remember the big kerfuffle about that book "American Dirt"? There was a twitter thread about writers writing books about people's experiences versus the real thing in response. This is my offering--Novelists writing about living in Salem vs. real life in Salem: 

Novelists writing about living in Salem: She walked the well worn cobblestones trod by generations of witches before her. She could feel their spirits in the fresh salty air. She stopped and let the voices from the past crowd into her mind. Someone was speaking to her through the centuries. Everyone was psychic. The cops wore pentagrams, the bank tellers dressed in black robes, and one day a month the whole city was saged. 

Actual living in Salem: She fought her way through the crowds of tourists, who always had to walk five abreast, yearning for sweet, sweet November. Empty Fireball nips littered the narrow, picturesque streets. "Hm, there's a sale on chicken legs at Steve's Market". There was a high, whining sound in the air. It was the locals, complaining about parking, the commuter rail, and the state of the restrooms at the Essex Street mall.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I've heard we Minnesotans are doing well with social distancing.

I know Minnesota is soon going to have a Stay at Home order because Creative Memories sent out an e-mail saying their warehouse was closing for now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I can guarantee that Dr. Now's diet does not include those fantastic gas station pepperoni sticks, my dear. 

Maaaybe the terriyaki version that my dad used to buy me from the cold beer and wine store. But definitely not those pepperoni sticks. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

No. I was called at noon today by the doctor's office to come in and be tested. I arrived by 1:40, waited in an empty office for an hour while administrative staff asked each other why I was there. I'm not kidding. 

Between the time that I was called to come in, and the time that I arrived, the testing criteria had changed from "has symptoms" to "needing to be hospitalized from symptoms". At least that is what I was told by the PA that saw me. 

When I went in 12 days ago with a dry cough, headache, temperature of 99.8 and feeling like I had a ton of bricks on my chest, they said that there were no tests available. They called me back 3 days later to offer a test, but I had no symptoms, so was refused then, too. 

I am not making this up.

I am so sorry. Please don't give up. I really need a "this royally pisses me off" emoji but this tiny lame one will have to do.😠

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

On the positive side, he doesn't have a codependent girlfriend he met on the internet. 

Only because that would take some effort, and these guys are not into effort of any kind.   

On another note, I live in the belly of the virus beast, Westchester County just outside NYC.  Working from home for weeks now, but I refuse to let this thing have me cowering in my house.  So every few days I get out.  Stuff still open besides grocery stores.  Went to ice cream stand.  Today got car serviced.  Ahh feels like living!  Yes I take common sense precautions.  It will pass. 

• Love 17
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

I know Minnesota is soon going to have a Stay at Home order because Creative Memories sent out an e-mail saying their warehouse was closing for now.

I’m in the only New England state *without* a Stay At Home order!  “Live Free and Die”!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

POST OF THE NIGHT

Remember when NIcolo the Juggalette's family was busted and the cops searched her folds for drugs? That was a simpler time. 

There are a bunch of them in the small talk thread! Starting about page 39. I think there are four of them altogether. 

Ahhhhh.  Good times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Westchester County

Is that the place that somebody had a 40th birthday party and the guests are all coming down with the Coronavirus?

*edited to say it was actually Westport and it's an interesting story. The Westport soirée — Party Zero in southwestern Connecticut and beyond — is a story of how, in the Gilded Age of money, social connectedness and air travel, a pandemic has spread at lightning speed. The partygoers — more than half of whom are now infected — left that evening for Johannesburg, New York City and other parts of Connecticut and the United States, all seeding infections on the way.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why the winter woolly headgear? I thought it was hot in Houston?

I keep wondering if/how they ever wash them.  Although I’m sure with the overwhelming smells in the van their hats would be just another component.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Has the outside of Dr. Paradise's office always looked like the entrance to a sauna?

I think so, but I think they showed it from a different angle tonight.

9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Man, these toilet paper commercials could be considered torture in some places that are TP free. 

I have found them to be ironic because on the last two trips I made into Publix the shelves were bare of all paper products except paper plates and napkins.   The torture for me has been restaurant ads especially as we don't eat in restaurants during Lent but suddenly I just want to go to the neighborhood places.  Most of the restaurant ads now have been changed to mention take out and delivery.   '

Is this another 6 munt episode.? It is already almost 9:30

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Empty Fireball nips are part of the scenery here, for sure. Remember the big kerfuffle about that book "American Dirt"? There was a twitter thread about writers writing books about people's experiences versus the real thing in response. This is my offering--Novelists writing about living in Salem vs. real life in Salem: 

Novelists writing about living in Salem: She walked the well worn cobblestones trod by generations of witches before her. She could feel their spirits in the fresh salty air. She stopped and let the voices from the past crowd into her mind. Someone was speaking to her through the centuries. Everyone was psychic. The cops wore pentagrams, the bank tellers dressed in black robes, and one day a month the whole city was saged. 

Actual living in Salem: She fought her way through the crowds of tourists, who always had to walk five abreast, yearning for sweet, sweet November. Empty Fireball nips littered the narrow, picturesque streets. "Hm, there's a sale on chicken legs at Steve's Market". There was a high, whining sound in the air. It was the locals, complaining about parking, the commuter rail, and the state of the restrooms at the Essex Street mall.

Absolutely spot-on!  I did think that the "high, whining sound" might be the shriek of a tourist who had purchased a room at a "boutique" hotel, only to realize as she looked out her window that, alas, her view was not of the rolling sea, nor the eerie graves of long-dead witches, but the parking lot of Riley Plaza Dunkin's, where the locals can mark time using the regularity of the fights breaking out between downtrodden citizens.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

On the positive side, he doesn't have a codependent girlfriend he met on the internet. 

And he doesn't drape his naked body in sheets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Remember how when the clock would hit a certain time, you just knew that either the person was or wasn't getting the surgery at that point? Like how on CSI, anything that happened before the 48 minute mark was just... whatever? I dislike this new season because there's no time check like that anymore. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Pondlass1 said:

Huge parking spaces in Texas.  Wow!
Why the winter woolly headgear? I thought it was hot in Houston?

It depends on the time of year also the year some years we have a mild winter some years a cold winter. This year has been mild.

• Love 1
Just now, Callaphera said:

I dislike this new season because there's no time check like that anymore. 

Yeah, after last week's last-minute-surgery, I give up trying to figure out which way these shows are going.

25 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Anne Burrell always says "do you know why food tastes great in restaurants? they use SALT!" 

I did marketing for a high end restaurant and when I asked Chef if she cooks like this at home she said "No way the amount of salt and fat I would die of a heart attack"

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Dr Now: “Life is stressful. If you use food to deal with it then you’re going to be 600 lbs.”

Me: Thanks for the reminder, doc. Seriously. 

• Love 13

Hi, y’all! I chose to make some chocolate meringues first, so I’ve missed most of the live chat 😞 but the chocolate pudding I made earlier made for a delicious snack. 

(I haven’t read the chat yet but...) Lola better not make this man write his deadbeat dad a fucking letter!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Im pretty terrified to go grocery shopping because there being crowds. I can barely handle being in a grocery store normally and crowds make me freak out more and might trigger me turning into a lizard again and I dont want to spend of bunch of time locked in a hospital because of it. I want some icecream or something like it so bad.

I haven't seen any crowds in any of my local stores...  fewer than the normal number of people even on Sunday.   I think it worse in big cities, I am glad to live in a small town (I was going to move to Boston in April, but I may hold off to weather this craziness here in New York)

Just now, 88Keys said:

Does it seem like we've had more commercials than usual tonight?

Yes. I was waiting in line at our Micro Center store (they are ON the safe distancing/spacing/cleaning stuff, btw) to pick up my pre-ordered printer when I realized it was 6:15. I pulled up the Xfinity streaming app on my phone, got it tuned to TLC, and FFS there was NOTHING but commercial after commercial - for.ever. I was beginning to wonder if I'd tuned to the correct channel when the show finally resumed. Just about the time I got of the head of the line anyway. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Leilani said:

And he doesn't drape his naked body in sheets.

We've learned to be thankful for the little things. 

Hey guys!  Your North Shore is not exclusive.  There are several North Shores in the US.

Yeah, but we're the first one! 

• Love 5

Hey guys!  Your North Shore is not exclusive.  There are several North Shores in the US.

But do they all say "packie"? 🤣We're real classy here.

• Love 3