Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I love grocery shopping in person.  I find it inspiring.  And if you think now it's empty shelves, you ain't seen nothing yet.  I grew up in the Soviet Union in the 80's, now that was literally empty shelves, empty for years.  Between my three trips to three different grocery stores, the only item I was unable to buy was peanut butter, and that's because I forgot about it until the last trip - I only eat it with apples and I haven't had those for a while.

• Love 5

"I'm gonna wait until my brother is asleep to snack in shame."

Because it's not like you're sharing a MINI-VAN to sleep in. I'm sure he won't hear the crinkle of the chip bag at all. Good plan, Dominic. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Two helpless homeless brothers shamelessly taking money from a girl cousin.  No pride at all!!  That alone should be humiliating to a normal guy (or woman!).  All I see here is a big fat weepy whiner.   And his less fat brother.  They have no ability to thrive, none.   Laziness?  As a 66 year old single woman who's supposed to finally retire and move in 3 months (and is currently supporting 2 homes in different states till I sell one) and who's retirement accounts are bleeding cash,  I have zero sympathy.  I just want to ask them, dudes have either of you ever had a real job and worked real hard at it so you could live a nice life?  Ever wanted to get married and have a family?   Sorry I'm just angry at these dudes.  Boo-fucking-hoo. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

He wants Dr. Now to save him. Says he's going to do everything he can to lose the weight. But he's sneaking food, lying to his brother, etc.

I see some issues with his commitment.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hey Pounders! How is everyone?? Hope you are all coping well with the new normal! I'm working from home and my back is killing me from sitting so much. Though I don't miss my commute! 

When I retired last summer, I put a timer on my computer. Every 45 minutes it blanks out the screen and tells me to get up (you can put in your own message). It's called 'break time' and is an add-in for Chrome.

Even with a sedentary job, between  walking from the commuter lot, being a whole building's width away from the ladies' room, and random just walking around, it adds up to exercise you don't get working from home. You will wind up on this show if you don't watch out. Your back will also thank you.

Edited by aliya
clarification
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Let me get this straight (because I don’t want to lie on them):

Six bacon, egg and cheese biscuits; six hash browns; two triple griddles; three big breakfusses; one large chocolate shake with whipped cream (McDonald’s has whipped cream? Who knew?)…then he glances over to his brother as if to say…

What do you want?!?!? 

Hahahahahahahaha

ETA: Is his brother lactose intolerant?  He doesn’t like shakes?

Thanks @umgoblue for that inventory! My eyes and my brain were bugging out so hard, I just couldn't keep up with that tsunami of food.

There's not a buffet in the world that could stand up to that appetite.

• Love 5
Just now, aliya said:

When I retired last summer, I put a timer on my computer. Every 45 minutes it blanks out the screen and tells me to get up (you can put in your own message). It's called 'break time' and is an add-in for Chrome.

Even with a sedentary job, between  walking from the commuter lot, being a whole building's width away from the ladies' room, and random just walking around, it adds up. You will wind up on this show if you don't watch out. Your back will also thank you.

My brother gave me his old Apple Watch.  I love it because I can pay for groceries without taking out my wallet or phone, plus it tells me to get up and walk around every hour.  

• Love 5

I love grocery shopping in person.  I find it inspiring.  And if you think now it's empty shelves, you ain't seen nothing yet.  I grew up in the Soviet Union in the 80's, now that was literally empty shelves, empty for years.  Between my three trips to three different grocery stores, the only item I was unable to buy was peanut butter, and that's because I forgot about it until the last trip - I only eat it with apples and I haven't had those for a while.

If people just restricted their grocery shopping to once a week, the stores would have a chance to restock, The goods are there, they just keep going fast because people are panic shopping. I am guilty of this too. I am stocked up for two weeks now and I don't plan on going back until April.

• Love 13
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

No matter how much fast food they get, that van will not smell like grease and freedom.

Week old B.O. and fast food farts is probably pretty close to that, though.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I find it funny that they blurred the MickeyD labels, but anyone who has been there would recognize the food trays, and the bags.   

I have the nasty feeling that even if they find deadbeat Dad, and he's not dead, then it's not going to be a good result. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Thanks @umgoblue for that inventory! My eyes and my brain were bugging out so hard, I just couldn't keep up with that tsunami of food.

My memory is my superpower!  It is a blessing and a curse.  Ha!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Two helpless homeless brothers shamelessly taking money from a girl cousin.  No pride at all!!  

I don't get people like that either.  My cousin, 43, with a family of his own and a great job, will ask his 68-year old mother for gas money because he is just that bad at managing his money...  always makes me cringe.  

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

Call me callous (please!) but from what little I saw of this episode, there’s too much choked-up semi-sobbing. 

I was listening while in the kitchen, so no visuals. I kept thinking, "Why are these guys crying all the time?"

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

He mentioned food stamps. He could buy a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, a loaf of bread, and a box of waffles for less money than they spent on McDonalds.

Nowhere to cook it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Laziness?  As a 66 year old single woman who's supposed to finally retire and move in 3 months (and is currently supporting 2 homes in different states till I sell one) and who's retirement accounts are bleeding cash,  I have zero sympathy. 

Sympathy isn't required. Empathy is. I've never been in their position but still have the ability to understand that not all people have been as fortunate or motivated as me. 

1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

If people just restricted their grocery shopping to once a week, the stores would have a chance to restock, The goods are there, they just keep going fast because people are panic shopping. I am guilty of this too. I am stocked up for two weeks now and I don't plan on going back until April.

I have another Instacart order in for Saturday delivery. It's just perishables and stuff I eat every day. My staples are fine. It will be 3 weeks inside for me on Saturday. I'm willing to go for much longer.

• Love 7
Just now, aliya said:

I was listening while in the kitchen, so no visuals. I kept thinking, "Why are these guys crying all the time?"

Listening to Dominic is like listening to the teacher on the Peanuts cartoons cry-wah wa-wah wahing. Yay for closed captioning. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

I just can’t bring myself to watch him and those disgusting “laygs” again.

I bought the episode. I play it on my Kindle when I go to sleep. I've played it tens of times. Usually I fall asleep before the dad shows up. Sometimes I wake up and it's still on. It's great. I get a lot of pleasure from it. Don't judge.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

There's the buffet the Slater sisters went to before their trip to the surgeon.  Plate after plate of food!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I bought the episode. I play it on my Kindle when I go to sleep. I've played it tens of times. Usually I fall asleep before the dad shows up. Sometimes I wake up and it's still on. It's great. I get a lot of pleasure from it. Don't judge.

Never!  I even tried to watch it again today myself.  He is just such a train wreck.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Absolutely...  I only changed my shopping in that now I bought food for an entire week instead of going every two days or so for fresh meat, fish and vegetables, and I bought a few cans 'just in case' and a frozen turkey breast...   most people I saw in the stores seemed to do the same, I didn't see anyone massively stocking up.

• Love 2