Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Some people wear those knitted hats year round.    I wonder if he's getting bald on top, so he's covering it up with the hat.  So much for the balding theory, his hair looks good.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, aliya said:

Question - As much as I love Dr Now, is he expecting too much when these guys live in a van, temporary housing, etc.? 

I kind of think so.  Then again, I think he was trying to help them get set up with housing and they just didn't go through with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Is that the place that somebody had a 40th birthday party and the guests are all coming down with the Coronavirus?

Not quite, this is the place where a lawyer got back from a convention in Miami and infected his synagogue at a Bar Mitzvah.  And so on, and so on.......

Edited by Snarkastikate
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Just what I figured.  Snooty people from Massachusetts! 🙂

hahahaha! Yer fahkin' killin' me, kehd! Lets go to fahkin Santahpio's for a pizza, dood, and check out the Dropkick Murphys before we get an ice coffee at Dunks. 

Classy as fuck. Kehd.

According to the movie industry, there are two kinds of people from Massachusetts--stick up the ass Brahmins or Whitey Bulger wannabes. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Everyone needs tp, no one needs 10,000 rolls of it.

With the new toilet tissue and paper towel math I never know how many "rolls' we have anymore.  

I am having trouble understanding how anyone can be so dense about this diet.   He may not be the brightest bulb, but I don't think he is the dimmest either.

Warning--mild rant.   --- Have the Roloffs still not sold that farm?   Every commercial for that show for the last few years has been about selling the farm.   I really wish they would go away and take Whitless with them.

I guess this is another failure for WLS.   This is such a dreary season, and we really need some success stories.  So far the only success is picking up a few classic quotes like "Eat death, Lindsey" and something about the smell of greasy freedom.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

Folks, when the live chat is over, and you want to continue talking about most-things COVID-19, there's a whole thread in the Everything Else forum devoted to the subject:

57 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

No matter how much fast food they get, that van will not smell like grease and freedom.

Sad but true😪.  I think it smells like swamp-ass and moldy armpits.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

On another note, I live in the belly of the virus beast, Westchester County just outside NYC.  Working from home for weeks now, but I refuse to let this thing have me cowering in my house.

I am in Westchester too!  I only go on walks around my neighborhood and the grocery store.  Not because I am afraid of the virus but because all the things I would have done for fun are closed so what's the point...  other than the parks.

5 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Dr Now: “Life is stressful. If you use food to deal with it then you’re going to be 600 lbs.”

Me: Thanks for the reminder, doc. Seriously. 

Back in the 90s, there was a joke in our med school:  'Life is a form of AIDS.  It's sexually transmitted and inevitably ends in death.'

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

hahahaha! Yer fahkin' killin' me, kehd! Lets go to fahkin Santahpio's for a pizza, dood, and check out the Dropkick Murphys before we get an ice coffee at Dunks. 

Classy as fuck. Kehd.

Actually, as a history freak I adore Boston.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Classy as fuck. Kehd.

This kind of sounds like the Boston skit Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch did on Saturday Night Light. 

• Love 3
Just now, Twopper said:

With the new toilet tissue and paper towel math I never know how many "rolls' we have anymore.  

I am having trouble understanding how anyone can be so dense about this diet.   He may not be the brightest bulb, but I don't think he is the dimmest either.

Warning--mild rant.   --- Have the Roloffs still not sold that farm?   Every commercial for that show for the last few years has been about selling the farm.   I really wish they would go away and take Whitless with them.

I guess this is another failure for WLS.   This is such a dreary season, and we really need some success stories.  So far the only success is picking up a few classic quotes like "Eat death, Lindsey" and something about the smell of greasy freedom.  

And Lonnie...he was articulate and somewhat successful, and we got a totally non-TLC-like scene of him joking with his brother about clothes.  And Lonnie's voiceovers had some tonal variety, and I think he even used the pronouns "I" and "me" correctly! Remember?  Or did I dream it?  The good. old. days.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

I think Dr. Now dyes his hair.  He’s looking older and slurring words. Maybe time to retire. 

How do theses pounders not know where they’re going wrong? All restaurants and take outs have calories listed. At least they do here in Canada 🇨🇦. Eating out is quite depressing actually.

Well on the bright side.. there’s no wee dog.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Leilani said:

These two qualify for assistance to have someone help them find housing and other mental health stuff I would think.

I am tempted to go down there and just solve their problems.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Leilani said:

These two qualify for assistance to have someone help them find housing and other mental health stuff I would think.

Yes, social worker is what they need. They're completely lost without someone to help guide them.

• Love 11
Just now, Pondlass1 said:

How do theses pounders not know where they’re going wrong? All restaurants and take outs have calories listed. At least they do here in Canada 🇨🇦. Eating out is quite depressing actually.

They don’t want to know.  They convince themselves that they’re following the plan when they really aren’t.

Gained the three pounds he lost last month!!  That’s all his snacking in the laundry room.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

I am tempted to go down there and just solve their problems.

You can only help those that want to be helped. These guys seem like they've had plenty of opportunity and people willing to point them in the right direction, they just don't... follow through. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

Actually, as a history freak I adore Boston.

You'll have to let me and @LizzyB know if you get to Salem! 

1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

This kind of sounds like the Boston skit Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch did on Saturday Night Light. 

Honey. Virtually every blue collar guy and gal on the Nawth Shoah talks like that! Ever see this? http://latenightfeud.com/video/boston-accent-trailer-late-night-with-seth-meyers/

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think Dr. Now dyes his hair.  He’s looking older and slurring words. Maybe time to retire. 

Well on the bright side.. there’s no wee dog.

Also no dog wee!😉

• LOL 3

I wonder if Dominic checked the weight limit on that very expensive hotel gym treadmill.  And I see they still haven't bothered to check out that public housing office yet.  Too busy I suppose.   I'd say that these guys just gave up on life, but they sadly never had a life. 

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, ThereButFor said:

They don’t want to know.  They convince themselves that they’re following the plan when they really aren’t.

They think that as long as they 'try' to follow the diet (which probably means they fret about it instead of actually doing it) their effort should count for something.  Like little preschoolers who get stars for effort instead of getting grades for results.

• Love 6

He kind of annoys me, like dude, you don't do anything. You have no responsibilities and plenty of time to work on your diet and fill out housing applications and you have a perfectly good car to get around.

• Love 12

“I have this pit in my stomach” 

along with half a dozen bacon biscuits, milkshakes, crispy chicken sammiches, pepperoni, aisles 7 and 10 and probably James. No, wait. There he is. Has anyone seen Dr Paradise?

• LOL 13
  • Love 2