Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Does McD take food stamps now?

No you can't use food stamps on fast food. That's why when he said he had food stamps I thought he would be better off buying breakfast at the grocery store because it wouldn't cost him anything. But others pointed out where would he cook the food?

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 5

OH MY GOD. THIS IS TOO SAD! This is not what I need to be watching tonight given all the other horrible sadness in the world going on. 

They should have broadcast a rerun of Penny or something.

He was 630 pounds four years ago... now that he basically sits and eats all day, he must be around 700-750 now...

Why weren't any of them paying  taxes on the house?   Didn't they know basics like that?  They must have some kind of mental issues...

• Love 2
Just now, Donut Bear said:

I see a letter writing marathon coming on

Lola is probably currently holding all of her therapy sessions via snail mail right now.

My gynecologist had an appointment over the telephone with me today - at least she has embraced technology unlike Lola. (No, it wasn't a video call.)

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

No you can't use food stamps on fast food. That's why when he said he had food stamps I thought he would be better off buying breakfast at the grocery store because it wouldn't cost him anything. But others pointed out where would he cook the food?

You can still buy milk, yoghurt, bread, jam, fruit and have breakfast like that.  Not the healthiest, but better than fast food, and cheaper, too.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

OH MY GOD. THIS IS TOO SAD! This is not what I need to be watching tonight given all the other horrible sadness in the world going on. 

I feel everyone's sadness.  I'm hoping that this will turn out well.  We are overdue for a good ending.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

For what they spend on food, they could actually have a date with a hotel and shower more often.  It is sad that they won’t/can’t make the sacrifice.  Perhaps they can no longer smell each other or themselves

Dominic mentioned sacrificing a meal or two in order to stay n a hotel. 😞

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

He was 630 pounds four years ago... now that he basically sits and eats all day, he must be around 700-750 now...

Why weren't any of them paying  taxes on the house?   Didn't they know basics like that?  They must have some kind of mental issues...

The other family members were squatters until unpaid property taxes and utilities caught up.  Happens all too often.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

You can still buy milk, yoghurt, bread, jam, fruit and have breakfast like that.  Not the healthiest, but better than fast food, and cheaper, too.

It's like when they go on the road and claim they had to stop at fast food places because they had nowhere else to eat. 🙄 They don't look for better options.

• Love 2

I lost my dad young too and I was devastated and yet went back to work and kept going on.  These guys seen to lack the ability to cope with normal life issues.  Or paying taxes on their house.  Or holding down a job.  Dominic's problems go oh so much deeper than simply getting surgery.  And I don't think Lola is going to make much headway here either.  This is a job for Dr Paradise at the very least LOL.   

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They're so hapless. Their mother died, they're sitting around shoveling down food and watching TV, no one's in charge, no one's paying the bills, their house is foreclosed or sold for taxes. How do they cope at all? 

Yep. They need a savior, for sure.  Paging Dr. Now...maybe?  Hoping Dr. Now has the good sense to admit the guy to the hospital.

• Love 6

Whoa, how many of those fast food breakfasts are just for Dominic? What was it, four or five? Damn it man, I know you are a crap food addict but you are literally eating the both of you out of house and home! Bet he would chop his brother's hand off if he dared reached for just one pancake!😁

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

I lost my dad young too and I was devastated and yet went back to work and kept going on.  These guys seen to lack the ability to cope with normal life issues.  Or paying taxes on they're house.  Or holding down a job.  Dominic's problems go oh so much deeper than simply getting surgery.  And I don't think Lola is going to make much headway here either.  This is a job for Dr Paradise at the very least LOL.   

Dr. Paradise is on Twitter now! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

I lost my dad young too and I was devastated and yet went back to work and kept going on.  These guys seen to lack the ability to cope with normal life issues.  Or paying taxes on they're house.  Or holding down a job.  Dominic's problems go oh so much deeper than simply getting surgery.  And I don't think Lola is going to make much headway here either.  This is a job for Dr Paradise at the very least LOL.   

Yeah I don’t see much chance for success here.   

Just now, Armchair Critic said:

It's like when they go on the road and claim they had to stop at fast food places because they had nowhere else to eat. 🙄 They don't look for better options.

If the episode was being filmed right now, it would be the truth for once. 

Well, I guess you can have the UberEats guy bring you a pizza and back away slowly with his hands in the air to show that he's not touching it and you're hoping the cops aren't driving by because it looks like a hold-up situation. Not that I know anything about that or anything (bless our new contactless delivery overlords). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Hi Pounders! Sliding in late tonight. I hope this is going to be a fun “living in a van down by the river” train wreck. We could all use the distraction. I fear it’s going to be sad and depressing though. That’s ok. My eating habit tonight includes fresh-baked buttermilk biscuits, thick applewood smoked bacon, and eggs. Dr Now can tut at me about it not being good sichuashun all he wants. I’m stress eating. Now I need a little something sweet. 

How are you all doing?

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 8

What up, Pounders?!  Tonight my eating habit was grilled chicken, broccoli, and some carb-heavy tater tots.  Mmmm.

This is going to be a sad one, isn't it?  I'll guess 698 on the weight.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

TLC reran James K today for a feel good show

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
Just now, Dianaofthehunt said:

Call me callous (please!) but from what little I saw of this episode, there’s too much choked-up semi-sobbing. That’s a form of incontinence, in my book.

Back to Chris Hayes.

I'm waiting for Rachel.

• Love 2