Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

You know you’re an addict when you choose the substance over a roof over your head.  I think I’m going to pass on this one. Have a good evening all and stay safe!I 

• Love 19

1886 calories today, Vanilla Vodka right now.

I hope these guys do well - the CV sichee-a-shun has made me less snarky/bitchy......................

and then I see their drive-thru order..................................

WTF dooooods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👀 🥪

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Donut Bear said:

So they wake, no need for the bathroom, no brushing teeth, no changing clothes or washing, just biscuits and griddle cakes and milk shakes.

Priorities. And he just said that putting aside money to go to a hotel is a wrench since they can't spend it on food. Jesus. 

• Love 8

2 questions - 1) where are they and 2) what are all the splotches? I notice a lot of obesees have them. They're brownish and don't look like an active rash or infection.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

How y'all doin'?   My eatin' habit is PF Chang's sweet and sour shrimp over rice.  Probably caramel ice cream for dessert.    Lunch was  campstew(Aka brunswick stew) that was delivered by a family friend from his catering service despite my being out of his delivery range.  It is the best ever and I think ate a whole pint along with nearly a sleeve of saltines and a Mexican coke.  Dr Now would be horrified, but at this point I don't care. 

I had never heard of Brunswick stew until I heard this podcast episode--I love this podcast; you or your friend might like the ep: https://omny.fm/shows/your-last-meal-with-rachel-belle/author-augusten-burroughs-brunswick-stew

• Useful 2
Just now, Donut Bear said:

I missed something.  Where is he showering?

They got a motel room for the night.

1 minute ago, aliya said:

2 questions - 1) where are they and 2) what are all the splotches? I notice a lot of obesees have them. They're brownish and don't look like an active rash or infection.

Fresno.  And the recent patients have been plenty splotchy too.  Circulation? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

Trying not to gain the dreaded Quarantine 15.

Yeah, I shouldn’t have eaten at all today but at least I weighed and measured and counted what I did have.  Still the scale won’t be good in the morning.

• Love 2

Good evening, Pounders!

I expect this to be a sad one. Weight is only one of Dominic’s many problems.

My eating habit has been healthy today. My accompaniment for the show is a bit of my favorite Scotch.

Let the snark and 600# bingo begin.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Hi everybody! Since we last chatted, I got laid off from my job of 15 years at the local newspaper. I am doing OK for now. 

So sorry... hope you will get it back, or land something better, after this epidemic subsides...

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm working from home and my back is killing me from sitting so much. Though I don't miss my commute! 

Same here!  I try to take walks, and I ordered a foam roll for my back.  I also have a shiatsu seat cushion, that helps... and of course the exercises my PT gave me years ago...

2 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

He would rather have tons of garbage food than a bed and a shower. Wow.

Addiction as it is...

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Hi everybody! Since we last chatted, I got laid off from my job of 15 years at the local newspaper. I am doing OK for now. My eating habit today was a thin crust pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and black olives and a side of cheesy bread with marinara dipping sauce.

I'm so sorry. ((( hugs )))

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Let me get this straight (because I don’t want to lie on them):

Six bacon, egg and cheese biscuits; six hash browns; two triple griddles; three big breakfusses; one large chocolate shake with whipped cream (McDonald’s has whipped cream? Who knew?)…then he glances over to his brother as if to say…

What do you want?!?!? 

Hahahahahahahaha

ETA: Is his brother lactose intolerant?  He doesn’t like shakes?

They order so much because the producer is picking up the tab and told them to order whatever they want so show gets video of them as ridiculous gluttons.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Well, we know why they have to live in the van: their fast food breakfast order takes up all of their money.

He mentioned food stamps. He could buy a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, a loaf of bread, and a box of waffles for less money than they spent on McDonalds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Concerned said:

They order so much because the producer is picking up the tab and told them to order whatever they want so show gets video of them as ridiculous gluttons.

OH is this some tea about the show that I've never heard before and am probably the last to know?

• Love 2
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

He mentioned food stamps. He could buy a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, a loaf of bread, and a box of waffles for less money than they spent on McDonalds.

Only he has nowhere to cook it (if he even knows how).

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Sure but I don't know if you can reliably cook an egg on the engine of a mini-van, though. I mean, I'm a fan of over easy eggs so I would be all right but still. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Let me get this straight (because I don’t want to lie on them):

Six bacon, egg and cheese biscuits; six hash browns; two triple griddles; three big breakfusses; one large chocolate shake with whipped cream (McDonald’s has whipped cream? Who knew?)…then he glances over to his brother as if to say…

What do you want?!?!? 

Hahahahahahahaha

ETA: Is his brother lactose intolerant?  He doesn’t like shakes?

Jeez. I haven't eaten. All of a sudden I want some chaffles, veggie sausage, apple sauce, a baked potato, and a homemade almond milkshake (lactose issues). I may have to watch from downstairs while I'm in the kitchen. 😏

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

Fresno...and I have no idea!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Shower once every week or two?!?!  Oh hellz naw!  From that first scene, I thought that I could smell them through the television and he just confirmed it.

Very thankful that Smell-O- Vision is not a real thing.

Edited by ShoePrincess
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Does McD take food stamps now?  So many things I don't know about since I don't eat there...

• Love 1