Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Dominic's life is falling apart due to his food addiction. At over 600 lbs., living in a van with his brother, Dominic decides to leave California for Texas, where only Dr. Now can help him learn to face life's challenges without using food to cope.

Yes, 600 pound Dominic is living in a van with his brother.  How do they fit?  Does he need to be stripped naked and greased up to get inside? Did he see an inspirational speaker in his youth? Did he gain all of this weight eating government cheese?

giphy.gif

Did Dominic and his brother raise an important question?

giphy.gif

Will Dr. Now help him get back on the right track?  Let's watch, snark and see!

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast and US West Coast showings.  

Original air date 2020.03.25

• LOL 23

FIrst?  What?

Unfortunately, I am only here for an hour tonight.  My eating habit is one of my favorites: Manwich and grapes (seriously! 😂)

How is everyone doing?  I feel like I am on the Sick and Shut-In list that I grew up looking at every week at church. 😆

Edited by umgoblue
Because saying something twice is redundant!
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16

Hi y'all!  First time back for the snark-fest after 3 weeks of work and other time-sucks.  I know we aren't all exactly "well," but I'm happy to be here with you!  Can't WAIT to see the VAN!!!

• Love 12

Good evening, Pounders.  I hope all of you are well.

So this one is homeless?!?  This is a new twist.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 9

*plops down on the couch while maintaining a six foot distance from all of you with my "social distance and vinegar" chips and a glass of cardboardeau*

How y'all doin' what brings you here today?

• LOL 8
  • Love 12

Hi everybody! Since we last chatted, I got laid off from my job of 15 years at the local newspaper. I am doing OK for now. My eating habit today was a thin crust pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and black olives and a side of cheesy bread with marinara dipping sauce.

• Love 3

Finally Wednesday again!  My eating habit was chopped onion and garlic sautéed with spinach and layered over a piece of fresh haddock, baked the whole thing and served it with lemon juice.  Yummy!  

• Love 12
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

FIrst?  What?

Unfortunately, I am only here for an hour tonight.  My eating habit is one of my favorites: Manwich and grapes (seriously! 😂)

Not grapes!!! 🤯

I have mashed potatoes and corn. Totally healthy. Also cucumbers,,,

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

HI All!  Glad to be back in my island of normalcy and routine in the middle of all the craziness!

Eating habit tonight was red beans and rice (from a Zatarain's box) with chicken.  Will eat some clementines later.   

Hope this will be a good one! 

• Love 8

Hello Pounders! I haven't eaten yet, but I had some pizza for lunch. 

People living in a van, jeez. On the other hand, this may be a popular choice for a lot of people a few months from now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, mmecorday said:

Hi everybody! Since we last chatted, I got laid off from my job of 15 years at the local newspaper. I am doing OK for now. My eating habit today was a thin crust pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and black olives and a side of cheesy bread with marinara dipping sauce.

So sorry to hear this.  I read about layoffs up in NH/VT area locals.  Hang in.  Hope tonight gives you a distraction.

• Love 9

Oh no, the smell in that van has to be diabolical…enclosed space, no ventilation, 1500 pounds of flesh, no deodorant/soap…

But they are homeless and this is sad, so I kind of sorta feel bad for the snark, but since I am only here for an hour, I am going to get the hell over that shit!  And away we go….

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

That was definitely a "fuck it" order: 8,000 pounds of breakfast food topped off with a chocolate shake with whipped cream.

At least he didn't ask for a diet Coke.

Let me get this straight (because I don’t want to lie on them):

Six bacon, egg and cheese biscuits; six hash browns; two triple griddles; three big breakfusses; one large chocolate shake with whipped cream (McDonald’s has whipped cream? Who knew?)…then he glances over to his brother as if to say…

What do you want?!?!? 

Hahahahahahahaha

ETA: Is his brother lactose intolerant?  He doesn’t like shakes?

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

Hey Pounders! How is everyone?? Hope you are all coping well with the new normal! I'm working from home and my back is killing me from sitting so much. Though I don't miss my commute! 

Eating habit? Cuban sammie and a whole bunch of Trader Joes' dark chocolate orange sticks. 

Glad to be here! 

• Love 16

37 years old, from Fresno, CA(hasn't that been called the Raisin capitol of the world?, or something like that).   The trip to Houston should be epic.     Living in a van with his 'brother?  Six breakfast biscuits, six hash browns, a couple of McD's Big Breakfast (bet with pancakes), and something else, and a large Chocolate shake with whipped cream.   Even split between the two brothers, that's a huge meal. 

I was so bad, and the chocolate cake at Publix looked so wonderful.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

How y'all doin'?   My eatin' habit is PF Chang's sweet and sour shrimp over rice.  Probably caramel ice cream for dessert.    Lunch was  campstew(Aka brunswick stew) that was delivered by a family friend from his catering service despite my being out of his delivery range.  It is the best ever and I think ate a whole pint along with nearly a sleeve of saltines and a Mexican coke.  Dr Now would be horrified, but at this point I don't care. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
Just now, umgoblue said:

Oh no, the smell in that van has to be diabolical…enclosed space, no ventilation, 1500 pounds of flesh, no deodorant/soap…

Just now, umgoblue said:

Shower once every week or two?!?!  Oh hellz naw!  From that first scene, I thought that I could smell them through the television and he just confirmed it.

...I think I'll put the chips away and just stick with the wine to try and drink that thought away. HORK.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

For what they spend on food, they could actually have a date with a hotel and shower more often.  It is sad that they won’t/can’t make the sacrifice.  Perhaps they can no longer smell each other or themselves

• Useful 3
  • Love 12