Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Calling it now! The 9:56 p.m. ending scene is going to be Dominic walking on a beach.

AHEM. 

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Who watches Out-Daughtered, exactly? Is it really entertaining to watch a bunch of toddlers screaming? 

I have to say some of the adults are funny. And everybody in the family seems to like each other.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

*slowly raises hand* I'm child-free by choice so it helps me feel smug about my decision to not be a parent to anything more than a 15 pound cat.

Same, with cats, as well.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Just dropping in to say hi! I missed the first 90 minutes, but from what I can tell, I didn't miss much. These folks are lazy. 

You got that right.  Took him over  6 months just to fill out a damn application for public housing.  And the only reason he's " doing things in his own" is that his lazy brother probably had a day laborer job.  

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

I am genuinely curious about what he does with his time.  

me too.

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Those wool beanies are still pretty much the fashion. The very hip young musician who rents a room from us wears one often. And very handsome he looks, too. 

he's less than 600lbs, I'll bet.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Ha ha! I was an only child so shows about large families have always fascinated me.

LOL! Every single ad I've ever seen for that show just shows those kids running around and shrieking. Shudder. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Who watches Out-Daughtered, exactly? Is it really entertaining to watch a bunch of toddlers screaming? 

No, I saw an episode once and the parents are pretty annoying. 

I guess he won't get surgery in the last 5 minutes.  Quelle surprise!   

Will we see him again in another season for munt 7-12?

Good night until next time, if there is a next time.   I was really hoping for a better season.

Stay healthy everyone!!!!!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Calling it now! The 9:56 p.m. ending scene is going to be Dominic walking on a beach.

Well dayum @Giant Misfit you definitely nailed it tonight. Kudos my psychic friend!😊

Thanks for the company Pounder Pals; I really appreciate it during these stressful times. Much love!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I don't understand why Dr Now doesn't force all the Poundticipants to keep a food journal. That way, they can turn it in during the weigh ins and maybe he - or a NUTRITIONIST - can help these people figure out why they keep taking wrong turns. 

And, especially in Dominic's case, at least he'd have a writing prompt to start journaling.

Good idea, but maybe they do it with the nutritionist. Dr Now is there to do the surgery and see if they are trending down in their weight. That's it. He has other staff for the other stuff, such as taking weight. Before I retired, I met for about 6 weeks with one of my employer's health counselors with one goal being to see how I could improve my dieting so I didn't blow up like a whale once I was at home. We did some behavioral therapy. I didn't journal everything I ate, but I did go over some of the choices I was happy with or not so happy. I think this type of thing is more useful with the nutritionist or counselor than Dr Now. Plus, it's not unusual to be asked to keep a food journal, so maybe they do it, but we don't see it.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Not me!  I have twins.  I cant imagine that times 3.  Even the commercials make me cringe.

Edit- and now Dr. Pimple Popper is on and the first patient is having a shower scene.  Guess it is TLC-wide.

Edited by 88Keys
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, AVM said:

Hope everyone is safe and well here, Looks like we have another oh Brother episode  ?

I'm missing the Assanti Bros, myself.  At least they were highly entertaining, that's for sure!  Those were some great episodes, weren't they tho?👍🏼😄

• Love 1

It's a little late to be posting this, but I think maybe the long line they referred to was at a homeless shelter, not a place to apply for housing.  The shelters have only a limited number of beds, so you have to be near the front of the line when they open for the night in order to get in.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If Dr Paradise visits them at home, we will see Paradise by the dashboard light.

I'll let myself out . . . 

You win the internet, as far as I'm concerned.

4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

*slowly raises hand* I'm child-free by choice so it helps me feel smug about my decision to not be a parent to anything more than a 15 pound cat.

I use Supernanny for that particular schadenfreude, myself.

• Love 3