Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Hot Tea with a Side of Cookies

• Start Topic

Cynthia brings Tanya and Kenya together to work out their differences after Toronto, but Kenya arrives with a super-shady guest in tow. Porsha and Dennis go back to couples counseling, while Todd finally makes good on his promise to spend more time with Kandi. Cynthia visits her fiancé, Mike, in LA, where she sees an unexpected side of his life that causes her concern. 

Airdate 02.09.2020

• Love 1

I'm sure I've said it before, but, Mike creeps me the hell out.  Cynthia's entire storyline seems to be how active their sex life is, and, ewww.  And, since I'm going after the husband's, Marc seems to be an unadulterated flaming asshole.  As for Todd, I hate to agree with Mama Joyce, but, after seeing him with his own daughter, I think she has a point regarding how he'd treat Riley if anything happened to Kandi.  

• Love 18

Mike's poor daughter.  That whole conversation was inappropriate. He should have stopped it before it got to "never being in love before". And hearing the girl cry in her room ugh! 

Kenya sucks! Dont talk about her wig on camera but it fine to talk on camera about someone's partner possibly trying to cheat. Cookie lady's story was lame, that was BS.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

I'm kinda GLAD that Marc's a flaming asshat because Kenya's a flaming asshat herself!  THIS MAN IS WHO SHE DESERVES!!!!

That poor little baby girl...

Kenya is trash and I actually think Cynthia is even worst than Kenya since she co-signs what Kenya is doing by staying quiet.  Cynthia is a follower, I see why Nene wants nothing to do with her.

• Love 12

I felt so bad for Mike’s daughter.  The conversation and the language used was so inappropriate.  I said to myself is anybody going to acknowledge the kid sitting there?  She looked so uncomfortable, picking at her nails and trying not to look anybody in the eye.  Daddy laughing about her being there didn’t help.  Jerk!   It made me feel like a teenager all over again with adults talking crazy around me and me feeling uncomfortable.  

What’s up with Mike and no male friends?  Something ain’t right.

Not surprised at Mama Joyce, although she has been on her best behavior lately that old MJ is lying just beneath the surface.

Riley and Kayla need to reach out to each other.

• Love 9

How many times do we think Mike's friends rehearsed their entrance to Mike's party?  And, since they were all still there went Mike went up to check on his daughter, shouldn't Cynthia have stayed downstairs with them?

• Love 7

Tanya might be too nice for reality tv. I felt so bad for her during her “talk” with Kenya. No one really cared about her feelings. I was surprised how cold Cynthia and the other women were when everyone was leaving after. Mike surprised me too lol all of his “girlfriends” reminded me of “The Bachelor”. Cynthia looked upset when everyone was talking. I’m not at all a Kenya fan. But I disagree she needs violence. She maybe just needs to be put in her place with words.

• Love 11

I don't fault Mike for forgetting his daughter was there.  As someone who was frequently the only child around adults, they regularly forgot I was in the room and I heard quite a few conversations I had no business hearing before they realized I was there, ears perked up while pretending to be deep in my R. L. Stine's.  Once he realized, he tried to shift the conversation and then asked her to go up to her room.  

And it's weird that he has mostly girlfriends.  There were 3 or 4 guy friends there too.  If he had no guy friends at all, that would raise an eyebrow.  

Oh Kenya, Kenya, Kenya.  So Tanya can't talk about Kenya's hairpiece in public, but Kenya can suggest that Tanya's partner is cheating on her?  That logic doesn't make any fucking sense.  And the two don't even equate.  Kenya's just mad she got busted.  And if she wasn't so nasty to everyone all the damn time, no one would care.  Tanya is too nice to even attempt to have a civil conversation with her.  Once Kenya said, "sit there and shut up" or something like that, I would have told her to fuck off and I would have been out.  A conversation is not one person railing into someone else so that they can't get a word in.  Also, calling Tanya the c-word over that?  Ooh child.  And if I happened to still be there past that point, I would have been gone once Cookie Lady showed up.  What the hell?  Thirsty indeed. 

source.gif

And Cynthia brought them together; she should have helped to manage the conversation if she did indeed want to help resolve it.  But no, she sat there and let Kenya rant at Tanya and at her and said nothing. Then had the nerve to come back for the cookies she left on the table?!?!

giphy.gif

She would have been pulling those cookies out of her hair.  I've always liked Cynthia but her just sitting back like that was not cool at all.  

• Love 22

Agree with the post upthread.  If Kenya cared so much about her brand, she should’ve made sure she brought the wig home herself, had an assistant get it, or just left it...it’s not that serious although it still looked better than anything Marlo was promoting or has worn...Rather than picking a fight with Tanya, a smart businesswoman could’ve “twirled” it into a protective style tutorial and discussed how to safely wear hairpieces and extensions in conjunction with her products..

Tanya is too nice for this show and they were wrong for taking those cookies and just leaving her sitting there.  If Eva had been more ambulatory, I’m betting she would’ve made her exit too.

Mike should’ve stayed in the room with his daughter and comforted her while Cynthia said goodbye to everyone.  The poor girl was just bawling and shame on Bravo for airing that exchange even if it was behind closed doors.  

Marc is an ass, but I love to see him gaslight Kenya...it’s wrong, but she deserves it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, dosodog said:

Then there's Miss Shitina.  Who are you?  Messy Fields?  Why did YOU come in so hot?  The "darling, honey, sweetie", "I'm pretty than you" was soooo condescending.  Why?  Tanya didn't hit on you at the club.  You want to give her the info, fine.  But why come in on the attack?

Because Cookie wanted Paul, Paul showed some interest but ultimately said "Nah" and Cookie wanted some Git Back and screen time.

Paul probably is cheating on Tanya.  Paul probably did try to get with Cookie.  But if Paul had really wanted to get with Cookie, she would have let him. Cookie's behavior is that of side chicks who let the main know what the side and the man have been up to, so the main can make an "informed decision."

Cookie looks better than Tanya? Where? A chocolate chip cookie might look better but Cookie Lady definitely did NOT.

10 hours ago, appledumpling said:

I felt so bad for Mike’s daughter.  The conversation and the language used was so inappropriate.

The dehydration and insecurity from Cynthia meant it was an inappropriate conversation to have whether the daughter was there or not.  And why was the daughter there in the first place? There wasn't anyone else her age at that party.  Most of those women looked like Mike's grizzled aunties & were nothing to write home about.  The thirst is real and is not a good look.

10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

And, since they were all still there went Mike went up to check on his daughter, shouldn't Cynthia have stayed downstairs with them?

Well if Cynthia stayed downstairs, she wouldn't be able to show she was Concerned™️.

2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

And if I happened to still be there past that point, I would have been gone once Cookie Lady showed up.  What the hell?  Thirsty indeed. 

Tanya did the right thing by staying there, staying classy and standing her ground especially when Cookie showed up.  If Tanya had left, Kenya, Cynthia, Eva & Cookie would've cackled about how Tanya was "scared" and "ran away" etc. I don't think Tanya needs to become the new Nene or New Kenya.  She just needs to up her shade game.  Hit Kenya with the pow pow of Marc being nowhere to be seen.  Or better yet, order some cookies from Cookie and have them sent to Marc.

None of this would've happened had Kenya & Cynthia not been cackling and ki'ki'ing with Cookie and then running back to the group with the info.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 19
42 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Hit Kenya with the pow pow of Marc being nowhere to be seen.  Or better yet, order some cookies from Cookie and have them sent to Marc.

The best play here would be for Tanya to walk Cookie right over to Marc at the next event and be like "Have you guys met yet?" then wander on away. How secure are you now, bish???

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

some woman who clearly needs to get some glasses ('cause she keep referring to herself as "beautiful" when in actuality she's an ATL 7 which is like an LA 5)

LMAO!  

source.gif

Sounds like she was repeating the same shit Kenya was spewing about how bad/beautiful/gorgeous the cookie lady was a couple episodes ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kenya was gassing her up telling her stuff like "of course he was hitting on you; you're hotter than her."  Kenya got some wicked karma coming her way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I can believe Kenya would throw ANYbody under the bus. Her relationship is in a really bad place and she has a difficult time relating to others because of her history. 

Mike’s daughter was so hurt. In many ways, that information may push her away from him. If he didn’t love her mom, she may be questioning the love he has for her. After all she wasn’t created in love. Resentment starts with information like this...

Tanya is so mature and grounded. I don’t remember how she got involved with this group. I see Tanya and Porsha being able to build a great relationship, 

Still really like Cynthia but we get the sexy time... what else do you got. Show more of Bailey Wine Cellar. 

My fav will always be Candi. Love her and her hustle. Would love to see more of Candi! She isn’t cutthroat and moves on from drama staying connected to all the ladies. 

20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I officially hate Mike. What a douche. Cynthia sure has a bad picker. 

No Nene again. Haha this must be chapping her ass. Stay gone, bitch!

Good riddance. She is too messy! 

• Love 10

Kenya deserves every bit of heartache Marc gives her because she is an evil fucking cow.

So Riley and Todd's daughter shared the NYC apartment but didn't hang out at all?  I know they're at different stages, but there are some activities they could have done together. That's just sad. Also, Blaze is like a stripper name. What were Kandi and Todd thinking?

• Love 10

I like Tania a lot; I think she's a sweetheart, but I do think Kenya had a point.  And Tania was clearly being shady by showing the hairpiece, whipping it out of the box like "AHA! Proof!" Why else would she have done that if she wasn't trying to make a point about Kenya's natural hair being actually a fake hair piece? And, by extension, that Kenya's natural hair products don't do what she claims they do.

All the other stuff about Kenya being a hypocrite can still also be true, but in this case, it was Tania who did Kenya wrong, imo.

I think she knows she did, too, because I think Tania's a nice person, who doesn't normally do that kind of stuff, and she felt a little guilty about it. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, politichick said:

Kenya deserves every bit of heartache Marc gives her because she is an evil fucking cow.

So Riley and Todd's daughter shared the NYC apartment but didn't hang out at all?  I know they're at different stages, but there are some activities they could have done together. That's just sad. Also, Blaze is like a stripper name. What were Kandi and Todd thinking?

I don't think they did. Riley was at the apartment with Kandi's friend and Kayla was at her mom's (which is why Kandi was asking if they spent any time together). When she referred to them living together, I think she was talking about in ATL. 

5 minutes ago, Jel said:

I like Tania a lot; I think she's a sweetheart, but I do think Kenya had a point.  And Tania was clearly being shady by showing the hairpiece, whipping it out of the box like "AHA! Proof!" Why else would she have done that if she wasn't trying to make a point about Kenya's natural hair being actually a fake hair piece? And, by extension, that Kenya's natural hair products don't do what she claims they do.

But Tanya only did that AFTER the "your man is cheating on you"-gate. And it was such gentle shade that Kenya really shouldn't have been concerned about it at all. So giving Kenya 150% of the doubt - why did she raise the whole Paul cheating question to begin with? It certainly wasn't because Tanya told her to, because she asked the question knowing she was going to talk about it.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Love 12

Kenya is a mess, but I usually think she has valid points whenever she's arguing with someone. While I agree that Tania started it with the wig thing, I thought Kenya was more upset about their conversations about surrogacy and infertility, and then Tania acting like Kenya was being inappropriate and/or pushy. 

In an aftershow (I think, I always forget the source) Cynthia was saying that Kenya and Tania became friendly off camera last year, probably at the time Tania and Nene were on the outs, and that they talked about Tania's fertility issues. Now that they're both on the show, Tania's acting distant probably because she's back to being Nene's friend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm team Tania on this one but I don't think Kenya is solely mad because of the wig conversations or because she's jealous of Tania's relationship. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Jel said:

All the other stuff about Kenya being a hypocrite can still also be true, but in this case, it was Tania who did Kenya wrong, imo.

I think she knows she did, too, because I think Tania's a nice person, who doesn't normally do that kind of stuff, and she felt a little guilty about it. 

I "hearted" you because I actually do heart you.....

But I'm going to have to disagree.  The wig got brought out after Kenya was being shady about Paul and the "beuuuuuutiful lady".

SM is tearing Kenya, Shitina, Shitina's cookie store and Cynthia a new one.  Tanya is getting nothing but love for how classy and calm she remained.

I just appreciate having Tanya, the blue sky, sunny girl on the show.  For all the importance of shade on the Bravo shows, this viewer needs one ray of sunshine.

• Love 20

I would rather trust a big butt and a smile before a skinny baker. Cookie lady has way too much confidence for someone who's aesthetic has not been in style since 1996.

If Kenya is the head of "a million dollar company" why is she so pressed about leaving a phone charger and a booty call hairpiece? I can see if she was in the lobby of the hotel. But you have packed up, "flewed out," passed thru customs, got in a car and went home. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 8

Cookie looked like a Dollar Tree version of Vanity.  I'm still looking for the beauty, because I can't find it.  Old Sarah Jessica Parker hand looking self.

Riley and Kaela don't need to be friends or close and that's ok. (same with Noelle & MIke's daughters).  They only need to be cordial because whether or not their parents remain married, they have 2 siblings in common. 

Now if Riley starts acting funky style towards Ace and Blaze, then it's a problem.  Her not being friends or close with Kaela? Not a problem unless they are being rude/funky towards each other.

While I agree that Tania started it with the wig thing,

But Tanya DID NOT start it with the wig thing.  Kenya came for her at the dinner in Toronto ki'ki'ing about having information about someone's man cheating on them and asking the group if they would like to know if their man is cheating on them.  Kenya had also been mocking Tanya on the bus. Tanya had not done anything to Kenya up to that point.  And Kenya really had no room to whine about Tanya damaging her business' reputation when she tried to ruin Marlo's wig launch.

Perhaps Marc mentioned something about Tanya and that set Kenya off...

Edited by drivethroo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 17

Good old Bravo.  Keep the camera  or the mike on the child while she's having a bad time.  I hate how they do that.  Mike's daughter should be off limits, but I think Bravo hates kids.

What the Hell is wrong with wearing a wig?  You could have the most glorious head of hair and still choose to wear  a wig occasionally.  Kenya is an asshole.  I feel for her daughter.

I think Mike just told his friends they could be on camera for one of the housewives shows and that's why they were all at his house.  Maybe they wanted to meet Cynthia.  Hell, I'd show up and smile for that. ..Lol.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

The best play here would be for Tanya to walk Cookie right over to Marc at the next event and be like "Have you guys met yet?" then wander on away. How secure are you now, bish???

I can't stand the woman just for the way she said "do you know Paullllll?" with her tongue hanging out. I summed her up right there.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Cookie looked like a Dollar Tree version of Vanity.  I'm still looking for the beauty, because I can't find it.  Old Sarah Jessica Parker hand looking self.

Riley and Kaela don't need to be friends or close and that's ok. (same with Noelle & MIke's daughters).  They only need to be cordial because whether or not their parents remain married, they have 2 siblings in common. 

Now if Riley starts acting funky style towards Ace and Blaze, then it's a problem.  Her not being friends or close with Kaela? Not a problem unless they are being rude/funky towards each other.

But Tanya DID NOT start it with the wig thing.  Kenya came for her at the dinner in Toronto ki'ki'ing about having information about someone's man cheating on them and asking the group if they would like to know if their man is cheating on them.  Kenya had also been mocking Tanya on the bus. Tanya had not done anything to Kenya up to that point.  And Kenya really had no room to whine about Tanya damaging her business' reputation when she tried to ruin Marlo's wig launch.

Perhaps Marc mentioned something about Tanya and that set Kenya off...

200.gif

source.gif

Oh. My. God.  My guts.

What is Cookie Lady's name?  The bitch is dirty.  /fin.   Did she even get the name of her business out there?  I hope Tania read Eva then read Cynthia twice for eating that muthafucka's baked goods.  How dare you!

Mike had forgotten his daughter was in the room until he looked at her after one his friends said that dumb shit about Cynthia getting on her knees.  The thing is that was predictable enough a crowd, that you could absolutely see it coming waaaay before Cynthia was done with her sentence.  I was like oh no.  Oh No.  Somebody stop here, please.   Then it was compounded by his never been in love before statement.  What exactly the fuck do you think is gone happen when you announce on a national tv show that you never loved this child's mother, in front of her?  Room full of grown folks, not an ounce of maturity.  That shit made me mad as hell.    And then that sob with her whole soul?   Cyn, dig your "big dummy" tshirt out the closet.

Joyce,  

Michael-Scott-Hates-Looking-At-Your-Face

Kenya has no chill.  Not now, not ever.  Marc ain't even the half.  I wanna see how this shit translate down to pta and schoolyard arguments.  She finna be put on modified attendance for kindergarten assembly lol!!   When Marc was assessing the event space and she said I feel like I'm chasing you.  I was like 

giphy.gif

#heyKarmaheyboohey!

Now Porsha look, you done already re-accepted this ring and resumed relations with this dude.  Either, you tell him he got work to do and make him do it without reward or use these oscar meyer 20s to wipe up your tears.    Ain't no way in hell, you get to be disgusted by your man putting his body next to another woman.....then, having acknowledged that, put your body next to his.   

2 hours ago, politichick said:

LMAO.   Thinking:  we gone let the baby name the baby.   I might've told this story before, forgive me if you've heard it.  The lady who does my hair did this with her little girls.  Her first daughter's name:  Kylar.  The little girl Kylar named:  Skylar.   Shhh, don't say it.  Lol!!!

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I wanna see how this shit translate down to pta and schoolyard arguments.  She finna be put on modified attendance for kindergarten assembly lol!! 

I think she's gonna be right there in the Todd Christly school of dealing with mean girls.***

***Todd told his (bi-racial) granddaughter who was getting picked on for not straightening her (very black) hair that when dealing with bullies: "Listen, sometimes there are just things you've got to go down for...If you've got to catch a case, then you've got to catch a case."

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think she's gonna be right there in the Todd Christly school of dealing with mean girls.***

***Todd told his (bi-racial) granddaughter who was getting picked on for not straightening her (very black) hair that when dealing with bullies: "Listen, sometimes there are just things you've got to go down for...If you've got to catch a case, then you've got to catch a case."

#SometimesitBslikethat   

Don't be a menace to South Central while drinking your juice on the seesaw.

giphy.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

But Tanya only did that AFTER the "your man is cheating on you"-gate. And it was such gentle shade that Kenya really shouldn't have been concerned about it at all. So giving Kenya 150% of the doubt - why did she raise the whole Paul cheating question to begin with? It certainly wasn't because Tanya told her to, because she asked the question knowing she was going to talk about it.

As others pointed out, Kenya did seem to be coming for Tanya before the wig thing. Making fun of her more than once via her impersonation of her (and it seemed mean-spirited at the time, too).

I hope Tania read Eva then read Cynthia twice for eating that muthafucka's baked goods. 

Tanya should have tried one and said "Damn, that cookie is dryer than Kenya's wig".

Eva's pregnant ass was digging into those cookies after everyone left the table!  She was trying hard for solidarity, but she was looking at those cookies like:

I don't know if it's because she is pregnant or likes to really chow down on someone else's dime, but every time she gets invited to a meal she ends up:

2c643e32f9f98acc7392f030d11b564408601b47

I never noticed her eating habits before she was pregnant, will have to see how she is once she has her baby.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

I'ont know, ya'll. I was rooting for Magic Mike but now I got Qqqqquestions! I don't have a problem with a man having female friends, but those camera angles tho. Some of those "friends" were looking like they were ready to sop Mike up with a biscuiT. I wonder how many of them are/were friends with benefits.

When he & Cynthia get married, they gone be at the wedding like:

vlcsnap-2018-05-19-12h51m48s181-e1526732327165.thumb.jpg.0fcde60ba70fcb06f342913776456e54.jpg

Cue Vesta:

I think Mike likes the ego boost of being surrounded by beautiful women laughing at his jokes & looking at him adoringly. (Well, when I put it that way--- what man wouldn't, lol?)

Mike apologizing for his past behaviors & vowing to be a better man--- cut to him saying he never loved his daughters' mothers & bringing his youngest to tears.... Smh. I'ont know. I got Qqqquestions!

• Useful 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Blaze is like a stripper name.

Yes it is, Blaze Starr was an exotic dancer back in the 50's and 60's at the 2 O'clock Club on The Block in Baltimore, she was the toast of the town, everyone went to see her dance, (before my time).  I guess if you are going to name your baby with a stripper name might as well use a respected, infamous stripper's name!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I’ve always rooted for Cynthia, but after that lunch when she didn’t defend Tania and just upped and left, I’m like, “no, you didn’t” and then her tone deafness at Mike’s when his daughter was upset and he asked her if it was okay for Cynthia to come in. Seriously, she should have put the children’s welfare above her own. Or above the camera.

The only one of these women I would actually want to know if real life is Tania.

Despite all the drama and Kenya’s nastiness, an episode without a Nene is beyond wonderful!!!

• Love 17
13 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Anyone know what Kandi was auditioning for?  Broadway?  Did she get the part?  

She got a part on the Showtime series The Chi. I think she spoke about it in one of her early YouTube videos during this season. I guess she was disappointed that she probably would not be able to take the part due to RHoA filming, but said that they were eventually able to work the scheduling out. 

I felt so bad for Mike's daughter. She looked so uncomfortable during that whole discussion. Also, Cynthia is so cringe with Mike. She acts like an insecure tween.

I do love hearing Eva's food orders at the restaurants during their lunch/dinner/meet-ups.

Pretty much everyone here covered my feelings on the Tanya and Kenya fight. Kenya was awful.

• Love 13

I don’t know if it was for the show but I thought it was weird Cynthia didn’t have a key to Mikes place. They are engaged. After this episode Im not so sure about Mike.

Kenya is a miserable bitch. She has a million dollar business? lol sure.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I do love hearing Eva's food orders at the restaurants during their lunch/dinner/meet-ups.

Do we think she does this because its on Bravos dime? Do we think she eats to this extreme when the funds are coming out of her wallet? I somehow doubt it is to this level. 

I am finding Eva to be a complete SNOOZE this season. Being woefully and forever pregnant does not a story line make. 

Poor Porsha.... its obvious Dennis is a dog and will continue to cheat. Rumor has it they are again split up. I can understand her wanting to make it work for the babies sake, but for her own sanity and self esteem she needs to let sleeping dogs LIE OUTSIDE AND NOT BE LET BACK IN!

Cynthia's ongoing thirst to be in a relationship and be married has slapped her in the face once again. I thought lying cheating scheming Papa Smurf was bad enough.  Along comes Mike Hill who is clearly a camera whore, and likely has bedded the majority of his female "frens." Cynthia has some intensive therapy to do in order to make peace with herself and not need a man to be complete. Sign Porsha up for a session too.

Kandies Mama has a point.... Riley is now one of THREE children. If both Kandi & her Mama Joyce passed and everything went to Todd (outside of a trust Kandi would set up for all three kids) , do we really trust Todd to set the kids up? He seems way more interested in being a "bizness" man (rolling my eyes with his multiple pie in the sky ideas), attend strip clubs (including just a few days after the birth of his new daughter) and trying to not appear to be the coat tail hanging little man he is proving himself to be.  I tried to like him. But the jury is no longer out. He is a big thumbs down. 

The cookie lady and her purports of being "gorgeous" can have several seats. Is she attractive? I guess somewhat. But seeing her in her TJ Maxx outfit and face with no makeup and huge azz nose thinking she is even close to the status of beautiful smart registered nurse Tanya is infuriating. As usual messy Kenya stirred the pot by inviting her.  Hey Kenya, the karma gods have your number. Mark is actually exactly what you deserve.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14