Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Joyce's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

This woman is really making me angry! My girlfriend's nephew had surgery yesterday to remove a tumor in his leg. He's only eight years old. Today the physical therapist got him up and walking and he cried because it hurt so much but he did it because he knew that he had to.

What a great kid. Hoping for a complete recovery for him.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh steaming piles of horse shit, she's only 4' 11"? Damn. And Dr. Now says she should be under 100 pounds? Can't see that ever happening. And don't get me started on her Penny-like need for oxygen.

Her inability to sit up really pisses me off!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

This woman is really making me angry! My girlfriend's nephew had surgery yesterday to remove a tumor in his leg. He's only eight years old. Today the physical therapist got him up and walking and he cried because it hurt so much but he did it because he knew that he had to.

I wish him a quick and easy recovery.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wait, she's lost over 100 pounds? She does not look like she has lost an ounce. 

It's the mattress, obviously.  🙂

I'm guessing she will gain back 60 lbs in the next month.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
Just now, Granny58 said:

Anybody else having a difficult time understanding Dr. Now this week?

I am, too.  Seems like he's mumbling or the sound is messed up or something.  But I also wasn't paying that much attention.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

So Dawn seems to be devoting her entire existence to this blob?  I don't care overly much about Joyce, but what's up with Dawn?   That's a loyalty many spouses wouldn't have.  What's up?

They haven’t chosen to explain it, but I can’t imagine there is a plausible excuse!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, PaTatertots said:

I'm having a brain fart. 

Who else was on oxygen for no reason? Was it Penny? I remember some ridiculous explanation about "needing" it even though her oxygen was fine without it. 

Yes, that was our friend Penny.  You are correct. 

• Love 2
Just now, Granny58 said:

Anybody else having a difficult time understanding Dr. Now this week?

Oh yeah. I've been having a hard time understanding him all season. It's like he's swallowing all of his words like a Poundticipant swallows a 40-lb plate of biscuits and gravy.

wheeling her out on the gurney, you can see she is, slightly, less.

Bets on how long it takes her to put it all back on. As with, almost, all of our poundtestants, she is a victim, who needs her victimhood attested to.

I'll be very surprised if she succeeds. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Hi, y’all. I’m late to the party. Having a little gallbladder attack. I’m only 16 min in and her food is making me want to vomit. 

Best wishes on that one.

When I had my dodgy gallbladder, everything made me want to vomit.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

My dad is 80 and he's getting a hip replaced in a couple weeks. He was talking way back at Christmas about how he wanted to get my brother and his friends to bring the recumbent stationary bike up to the living from the basement if his doc okays it for PT.

• Love 8

At least Joyce did her roots.   Those six inches of gray roots were awful.   

Another Poundticipant that knows more than Dr. Now does.   Between her lousy attitude, and making Dr. Now push her wheelchair, I really hate this waste of space.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Okay, I've been bouncing between this and The Masked Singer which just ended so someone tell me what were the results of her weight loss? She obviously broke that poor scale--R.I.P. scale--so what's her weight now?

She left the hospital at something like 550; I think Dr. Now said she'd lost just over 200 pounds there.

• Love 1

She is walking OK for someone who has been largely bedbound for so long.

Ah.  Her Mom clarified that it's because she has been working on it at the facility and here.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 1