Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E06: Week 6 - Chile

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, Irritable said:

Mykenna’s Girl Power speech about how strong she is, how courageous, how amazing and special, how she has fallen deeply in love with herself because she’s such a great, positive, optimistic person who stands up for herself now, would have been more convincing if she hadn’t been ugly crying through it all.

Even if it had been said with a straight face and without the Muppet make-up it would have made me want to puke. It's great to like yourself, but if you've fallen in love with yourself, it's time to step away from your pink sparkly bedroom mirror and out into the world.  I blame the show for selling teenage girls Hannah Brown as a feminist icon based on a few  angry, spluttering speeches  over background music from the sixties.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I blame the show for selling teenage girls Hannah Brown as a feminist icon based on a few  angry, spluttering speeches  over background music from the sixties.

Yes, Hannah's constant "I am a strong woman" mantra left me scratching my head. She was what, 24? 25? and the extent of her struggles had been briefly quitting pageants then eventually outlasting the other contestants in the Miss Alabama pageant to win.  There were only a few strong woman that I've seen wander into the mansion: Kristina, who took a chance on a brighter future by making a conscious and scary decision to leave Russia and move to America, and Sarah, the girl with the missing/half arm on Sean Lowe's season who obviously just said "Fudge it. Yes, I'm disabled but I'm also a pretty girl and I'm going for it on national tv."  

Hannah was emotional and liked to express her feelings in a myriad of speeches and tears and abrupt departures 'tis all.  

• Love 17

Well, I just watched this episode and I actually enjoyed it. It seemed more normal. Regarding Mykenna, I get why Peter did what he did. He saved her in the 2 on 1 because he wanted her to know he believed her over Tammy. But he just didn't have the "connection" with her to give her a rose--there were other women he was more interested in.

I was happy to see Kelsey get a rose. She was such an emotional wreck early on and was sabotaging herself pretty well, but now she's calmed down a bitch. I like how she was sticking up for Mykenna against Tammy.

That telenovela was funny! From the previews right before that I figured they must be acting something out. I wonder if they have the whole thing on the ABC website, I'd like to see it.

I wonder if Tammy is such a creep in real life or if she knew her designated role was "villain" and just went for it. 

I really like Natasha. I'm pretty sure he won't choose her but I'd like to see her as Bachelorette. She seems to have a lot of confidence. 

Victoria F. - I wonder if she was getting nervous about continuing because of spoiler thread stuff and putting up all that emotional fuss so that Peter would eliminate her. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

he was such an emotional wreck early on and was sabotaging herself pretty well, but now she's calmed down a bitch.

I know that is a typo but well played!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I bet most of these women are sticking around for the tv exposure, but want to get cut just before fantasy suites.  Think about it -  this is Peter, 4 times in a windmill! 

I was skeptical of this claim from the beginning but after watching this season I'm now fully convinced it was made up on the spot by Hannah to make weirdo Luke feel bad and then she kept reveling in it to give herself the role of "Strong Sex-Positive Woman."

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/6/2020 at 12:16 PM, TomGirl said:

He wants every woman to virtually promise to accept him in the end, even though he, of course, makes no such promises.  He seems very immature to me.

Probably because he was so rejected by Hannah. He’s in an insecure place so needs a lot of reassurance.

It kind of reminds me of why Arie picked Becca over Lauren. Becca made her feelings very clear and Lauren was a bit of a mystery. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I was happy to see Kelsey get a rose. She was such an emotional wreck early on and was sabotaging herself pretty well, but now she's calmed down a bitch.

That’s one of the greatest typos of all time!

• Love 5

Yaaaas! 2:1 tonight. Who will be left alone to die on a peak of the Andes Mountains while Peter flies away with his (allegedly) lucky lady?

Oh, dear. MyKenna is crying again thinking about the rose ceremony! Change her name to CryKenna! They let you go outside to a cafe in Chile! Enjoy! They’re all drinking the exact same yellow drink, yet the women’s are in a “girly,” curvy daiquiri glass, while Peter’s exact same drink is in a “manly” rocks glass! Really?!? 

Sour cream up the nose! That’s grounds for a break-up! Oh, the requisite marriage advice from an older couple. Check! How were they sitting on a 2-inch lip on top of each other without tumbling down that staircase?! 

This seems like a bad job interview between Hannah and Peter! But the hiring manager needs to see you cry in response to “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” in order to make it to the next round.

Daaaaaamn! Victoria F is getting a second date before 3 girls get a first date?!? Cue the hysterics!

The only good part of that telenovela was the cameo of Harrison with the mustache.

Peter seems to be telling Kelsey he’s falling in love with her, too!?! Conversely, he seems to be over blonde Victoria. ... whelp, no “seems like” necessary!

Who the hell is this girl he wrote another script for?! I’m sorry to this [wo]man. She must not cry or yell.

CryKenna is whining that Tammy is saying she’s so young, and Kelsey puts her hand on hers and—oh, my god—it does look like a middle-aged mom trying to calm down her eighth-grader in public.

Brunette Victoria has doubts because she’s still into Chase Rice, obviously. They should have turned this into a 2:1 and she would have left with Chase. Peter also loves the chase in terms of the emotionally unavailable women—or just emotional wrecks. She is going to THROW UP rather than try to imagine a relationship with you. Not a good sign!!! This is an ill-fated rose exchange. “No one has given me this much grief.” Romantic.

Oh, damn. Just a pre-cocktail party date?! Come on! It’s not a 2:1 unless someone is left stranded in the remote wilderness! That’s the best part!! Well, there are barrels there. So I’m still hoping someone will be sent over a waterfall in a barrel like an old cartoon. There’s also a large cage that one or both can be locked into. But, no. This is just the same cocktail party accusations we get every cocktail party. Well, she did brand herself. #crykenna 

Hahaha! He made CryKenna stay just to send her home?!?! That was pretty mean! I thought he liked Sydney, but she just referred to herself in the third person, so good riddance. This is the fourth time this episode that Mykenna gave herself a pep talk about how STRONG she is—through tears. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I was so confused when Tammy referred to Mykenna as a trophy wife...🤣  That is a hard sell for me. Did you all find Mykenna trophy wife material? 🏆 

None of these women are wife material and it endlessly confuses me how Tammy would address Mykenna, because like I said before, they are 2 freaking years apart.  Tammy was on another planet.

• Love 8
On 2/6/2020 at 5:01 PM, Cornhusker12 said:

It's pretty fascinating haha. I totally admire her for not being pulled into the ridiculous drama of this season, and for not being fooled into swooning for Peter (or even seeming remotely interested in him at this point), but on the other hand she kinda seems half asleep most of the time so it's not like I'm over here rooting for her to become the Bachelorette or anything. All things considered though, so far she's probably coming out of this with the most dignity out of all the contestants.

Speaking of which, who in the world are they going to choose to be the next Bachelorette?? Surely it can't be anyone from this group, right?

As long as it isn't Hannah B again!! But honestly, they make her look pretty good right now.

I honestly cannot even think about a good candidate for the next Bachelorette.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

You guys, Madison said "my relationship with Peter" instead of "Peter and I's relationship"! Can the show hire her as an elocution consultant for future seasons?

The bar is so freaking low that this impressed me a lot more than it should have.  I know some people have snarked on Madison for her hair frizz, but it's one of the reasons I like her and find her refreshingly normal; she is attractive without the artificial perfection of the other women.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Finally an episode that didn't have me yelling at my television like a crazy person. There is no doubt that the producers are the ones calling the shots. Funny how the four drama queens, Victoria P, Tammy, Sydney and Mykenna  were all given the boot.  Given that Peter has never so much as look in Natasha’s direction, and had a one-on-one with Sydney, I find it rather interesting that he would let Sydney go and keep Natasha. 

7 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I was so confused when Tammy referred to Mykenna as a trophy wife...🤣  That is a hard sell for me. Did you all find Mykenna trophy wife material? 🏆 

Tammy is far more trophy material than Mykenna, for certain.  

But she really needs to change her name.  I'm in my 50's, and the only Tammys I've ever known were my age or older.   She could get away with Tamera.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Tammy is far more trophy material than Mykenna, for certain.  

But she really needs to change her name.  I'm in my 50's, and the only Tammys I've ever known were my age or older.   She could get away with Tamera.  

Tammy is so pretty. I think the other women drove her mad. She lost herself. Anyways, Peter, I think, is mainly focused on Madison, Vic F and Hannah Ann. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I Stepford wife would be more her role.

• LOL 3
On 2/5/2020 at 8:30 PM, Archer27 said:

Mykenna is so annoying.

She is so beneath the other women she’s really lucky to be there, yet she whines about not getting his attention constantly. I so wanted somebody to call her out and put her in her place!! Byeeeee MY kenna 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Yaaaas! 2:1 tonight. Who will be left alone to die on a peak of the Andes Mountains while Peter flies away with his (allegedly) lucky lady?

Oh, dear. MyKenna is crying again thinking about the rose ceremony! Change her name to CryKenna! They let you go outside to a cafe in Chile! Enjoy! They’re all drinking the exact same yellow drink, yet the women’s are in a “girly,” curvy daiquiri glass, while Peter’s exact same drink is in a “manly” rocks glass! Really?!? 

Sour cream up the nose! That’s grounds for a break-up! Oh, the requisite marriage advice from an older couple. Check! How were they sitting on a 2-inch lip on top of each other without tumbling down that staircase?! 

This seems like a bad job interview between Hannah and Peter! But the hiring manager needs to see you cry in response to “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” in order to make it to the next round.

Daaaaaamn! Victoria F is getting a second date before 3 girls get a first date?!? Cue the hysterics!

The only good part of that telenovela was the cameo of Harrison with the mustache.

Peter seems to be telling Kelsey he’s falling in love with her, too!?! Conversely, he seems to be over blonde Victoria. ... whelp, no “seems like” necessary!

Who the hell is this girl he wrote another script for?! I’m sorry to this [wo]man. She must not cry or yell.

CryKenna is whining that Tammy is saying she’s so young, and Kelsey puts her hand on hers and—oh, my god—it does look like a middle-aged mom trying to calm down her eighth-grader in public.

Brunette Victoria has doubts because she’s still into Chase Rice, obviously. They should have turned this into a 2:1 and she would have left with Chase. Peter also loves the chase in terms of the emotionally unavailable women—or just emotional wrecks. She is going to THROW UP rather than try to imagine a relationship with you. Not a good sign!!! This is an ill-fated rose exchange. “No one has given me this much grief.” Romantic.

Oh, damn. Just a pre-cocktail party date?! Come on! It’s not a 2:1 unless someone is left stranded in the remote wilderness! That’s the best part!! Well, there are barrels there. So I’m still hoping someone will be sent over a waterfall in a barrel like an old cartoon. There’s also a large cage that one or both can be locked into. But, no. This is just the same cocktail party accusations we get every cocktail party. Well, she did brand herself. #crykenna 

Hahaha! He made CryKenna stay just to send her home?!?! That was pretty mean! I thought he liked Sydney, but she just referred to herself in the third person, so good riddance. This is the fourth time this episode that Mykenna gave herself a pep talk about how STRONG she is—through tears. 

CryKenna 🤣🤣🤣 blah 🤮

• Love 2

I guess I am really disinterested with this season, this particular episode, because I don't remember seeing alot of what is being written about here for week 6. I was easily distracted from paying attention. I do remember Victoria F throwing up in her mouth a little bit at the thought of a relationship with Peter. She's the one he wants I think, so he was quick to look relieved and give her a rose when she lied to him about wanting to continue this journey. What she meant was she wanted to continue the journey to other lands, other sights, on Bachelor's dime.

Poor Hannah Anne. She does seem like a sweet little thing now as time passes and the champagne finasco is in the past.  How do you react when you honestly tell someone, no, you've never been in love before and they leave the table to ponder and pout and furrow their brow? She too, got caught up in the bachelor's drama and lied about her feelings, just to stay a bit more "on the journey". Get a little more sight seeing under her belt. 

None of them are feeling it for Peter. Mykenna would probably have been his biggest chance at finding someone who genuinely would accept a proposal in the end, but she was nuts, along with that hateful Tammy who tried to bash the others to make herself appear better than she is. 

Natasha is so pretty, funny and overlooked by Peter, the unappealing one.

I'm not surprised at rumors? of Peter not ending up with anyone at the end of this. It's not because this bevy of beauties had not a one good enough for him,.. but because in the end, not one of them was feeling it for him. 

No surprise to me. I knew he was a bore before this season ever started. In no world other than this bachelor world would he have beautiful women, so many of them, interested in him for his personality and looks. He was way out of his league at the start of this season, and even though the majority of these women acted like battling teens, they could see they were handed a dud of a grand prize (him), even tho his profession as a pilot was intriguing.

• Love 6
On 2/7/2020 at 1:34 PM, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Not with those eyebrows...yeesh.

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Mykenna is friends with Bachelorette Kaitlyn.  I think she wanted to follow in her footsteps and get the Bachelorette gig.  

Based on how bitter and angry Kaitlyn appears to be, clearly the Bachelorette gig didn’t turn out the way she thought it would.

• Love 1
On 2/5/2020 at 9:00 PM, kazza said:

(small voice) The fluent Spanish is (dare I say) attractive, and at least he had the spine to send someone away. 

His accent though, yuck!   Kelsey seems so off , like something’s not right. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

His accent though, yuck!   Kelsey seems so off , like something’s not right. 

Yeah, she's one bad day away from having her face plastered on the news, and not for any good accomplishment.  

• Love 2

I have to agree that while this extra show foisted on us paid off it's NOT a real two-on-one date without the 'loser' being left off to die on a remote cliffside or sent off on a train to nowhere... so that was my only real disappointment.

I was surprised that I hadn't noticed the giant under-nose trough that Sydney was workin sooner but it was very prevalent tonight, maybe it freaked Petey out since he's so into kissing. I was surprised to see her go (but yes, maybe the 'damaged' childhood/family story was too much for him).

I finally figured out what to call Peter, The Bachelor Bull. He's yet to meet a red flag he won't come crashing through puffing and snarling. He has ZERO read on any of these women. You wave your red flags right in his face and only makes him charge forward harder while roses come cascading down.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

I wouldbt mind madison as next ette

Neither would she.  My bet is, she's steering clear of the drama, playing just enough of "feelings for Peter" to make a great "America's next choice" for Bachelorette.

I do think she's adorable.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2020 at 10:25 PM, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Victoria P devastation when Peter tells her I don’t see you as my wife had me confused. Can’t start a relationship on a lie. I think it was the right move for him. 

I thought that was strange, too.

Peter: I don't see you as my wife.

Victoria: But I was vulnerable!

Me: Um, so? 

• Love 2