Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Trouble in Paradise

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SnackyCakes14 said:

I also think it's off how quickly Derek seems to be falling for Katie. I know from the previews they do eventually have issues, but it's weird his shtick is "never been in love" and then seems so into her so quickly. Katie is cute enough and seems nice, but for lack of a better word, she also seems kind of "basic". I'm curious how many girlfriends he's had. Maybe they really are that compatible?

Whatever was moving around in the background in the sand when Mindy and Zach were talking were also seriously freaking me out. The fact he was talking gibberish didn't help my focus. They're both annoying in their own way, but at least Mindy seems like a kind person.

Brandon seems really emotionally immature and petty. I understand feeling anxious or unsure how to approach something, but the way he was freezing her out was uncomfortable to watch. The passive aggressive comment about it to everyone else at the pool was also not a good look.

I think Jessica and Austen are cute in their awkwardness.

I don't know what to think of Meka and Michael. I have issues with both of their communication styles and they are obviously, painfully not a match. Neither of them seems to bring out the good in the other.

The never been in love thing isn't really a thing. I mean, yes it could be. But, it doesn't actually say anything about him. Not everyone jumps in out of relationships or declare love for everyone they date. He probably just never found someone he wanted to give his all too.

I will be 38 this year. I've never been in love either. It's not because I'm a player or scared of commitment, etc. I put myself out there for years and years but never had a woman in my life that wanted to be with me in "that way", they were already involved, etc. At a certain point (like ten years ago) I just kind of mentally gave up and focused on my job, saving money, trying to better myself. It's very easy for me to do because it's not like women are knocking down my door. I tried online dating a bit but no one ever responded. 

There are plenty of rational reasons for never being in love and he's not even that old. Not close to being old. 

I know he's considered a catch so it makes thinks different but he could simply not found the one or was focused on other things. I didn't even think twice about him never being in love before. It happens.

• Love 14

I thought Zack was such a mean-spirited bastard for telling Mindy he wasn’t attracted to her, 3 times no less!  Didn’t he say on the first day (the wedding), that he thought she was pretty with her dark hair and eyes? Was he unattracted to her after he saw her in a tank top and shorts? Maybe he prefers women with breasts and more curves, who knows. Tough s—! He signed up for this for his own ulterior motives. He could have dated almost any woman he was attracted to, he didn’t need to marry no damn stranger. I think he wanted exposure from this show for other benefits. He is getting more than “15 minutes of fame“ at this point. I think he is very arrogant, conceited (always posing sans shirt) and a heartless SOB.  Fist Bumping 👊 her- Like someone in middle school. Seriously??? 😳
Why was she watching him wash his face and have a conversation with him At That Time? She couldn’t wait until he was done doing whatever he had to do? Why was she standing there, watching him wash up for? That would freaken Annoy Me no end!  Where was the DOOR in that bathroom anyway??? 
I didn’t even know what Taylor was doing. I didn’t even Hear Brandon snoring at all!  He was embarrassed?  DUH - He’s in front of the cameras all day long. That didn’t embarrass him? He had this ridiculous attitude with Taylor the Entire Freaking Day! What an a-hole.
I can’t believe the least attractive bride out of all of them (Katie) has the nicest husband and they are sooooo happy! Who wudda guessed? Why did he have to stick her for her insulin shot the second day???? I  DON’T want to hear about her stupid Diabetes any more. Put a plug on it!

• Love 3

Brandon is dead to me. I can't believe how terrible he was to Taylor (and I'm speaking as someone who hates to be filmed and hates to be woken up when I'm not ready). There's just no excuse for treating her that way (also spoken as someone who used to suffer from genuine panic attacks). Yes, maybe he had a terrible initial reaction to waking up to a camera in his face, but it shouldn't have taken him 12 hours to calm down, explain to her, and apologize. I'd never trust him after that. Taylor is way too forgiving.

Michael - I don't trust him either. He should not have gone off on his own and left Meka alone, nor should he just have ignored her for days. He comes off as really stubborn and implacable. He says the right things to the camera, but he does act differently with Meka. I do think he was at least pushing Meka to say when they would have sex, and she wasn't ready to set a timeline, and that's was made him act all mulish. The refusing to wear his ring makes him look like an asshole.

Zach - I don't think he's too bright. I agree with those of you who said that he and Mindy would get along better if they just focused on activities and enjoying spending time together and not talking/discussing/dissecting their relationship so much. I just think they have very little in common, but if their relationship has any chance of growing, they need to let it happen  more organically. I really think they will end up divorced but friends.

Derek/Katie and Jessica/Austin - both are seriously adorable (adorkable?). Very cute together, I enjoy watching them. 

How cute were the sloths though? My spirit animal is definitely a sloth.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Then he just expects her to get over his reaction, but he is still not getting over her taking the photo

Yeah wasn't that rich - he pouts ALL DAMN DAY! and then offers a half-assed apology and expects HER to immediately "get over it". I would have been like, "no, I don't think so - you clearly didn't "get over it" when I pissed you off. I'm gonna take a minute." He deserves to be Mr. Never Plus One.......

• Love 20
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

However, I have noticed that his attractiveness increases exponentially as the hair-prep decreases. 

I agree! That hair needs something. I feel the same way about Ricky Bobby - I didn't find him the least attractive, and then he put on a hat, and I was like, wow!

• Love 2

Recap of next week's preview:

Voice over of Pastor Cal: "Next week on Married at First Sight, our couples enjoy the final few days of their honeymoon." Quick clips of all the couples on a boat; jumping off the boat; swimming in the ocean.

Cut to Taylor and Brandon at dinner. They're toasting. Brandon: "Thank you, my best friend. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you in Washington, D.C." Taylor giggles.

Cut to Derek and Katie, also at dinner. Derek: "I definitely see a good potential moving forward, and I like it." Katie (nodding): "Me too." They kiss.

Michael and Meka together. Meka, leaning forward with arms out, "Bring it in." Michael hugs her and kisses her on the cheek. Michael in ITM: "Today I feel good. Today I feel optimistic."

Cut to M and M waking up in bed together. Michael: "Good morning." Meka: "Morning." Michael in voice over: "Last night was a significant step forward in our relationship." (They don't look like they've been all that intimate though, there's a pillow lying lengthwise between them, but I guess it's progress that they're sharing a bed.)

Cut to Zach and Mindy, drinking wine. Zach: "Help me figure this out." Mindy, exasperated, "What do you want me to do?!" Zach: "I know, I know, I know..." Mindy: "Just be like, get breast implants or something?!" Zach: "Look in my eyes, watch this..." Mindy: "WHAT do you want me to do?!" Zach: "They did not put that on my questionnaire. What are you doing?" Mindy in ITM: "What does he want from me? I-I-I don't know." Shrugs shoulders.

Cut to Jessica and Austin, strolling through some ruins. Jessica: "Are you religious?" Austin: "Um..." Cue dramatic music to make it look like this is going to be a source of tension, but I think they're faking us out.

Cut to Brandon, in elevator, holding a drink in his hand out through the open doors. It's like he's trying to block the cameras from filming/following him. It sounds like someone (production?) says "Brandon", and he mumbles something like "I asked you stay away."  Taylor in voiceover/ITM: "There's some things he says to production that I don't agree with. And he's kind of abrasive and aggressive."

Cut to all the couples in a tour bus. This part isn't closed captioned so I'm not sure what's happening. Brandon is saying something like, "I'll calm down...(mumbles).. watching.. ". I think he gets up and moves toward the camera person. Jessica looks a little startled and Katie looks annoyed. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Love her reviews.  Love what she said about Michael taking off his ring.  And it made me think about what Michael said in the beginning, that he's the first person in his family to marry.   Family dynamics do play a role in this.  If you grew up never seeing a married couple, maybe you don't know what to do when you are married.  I also liked what she said about Meka, that you really shouldn't share your business with your girlfriends.

I love her too.  She has a nice even handed perspective.  And she’s HAVING A BABY!

• Love 4
19 hours ago, OnTime said:

She needs some makeup remover for Couples Couch. Can't she get her lipstick and eye makeup on correctly?

Danielle needs a hair brush.

Elizabeth looks good!!

I haven't been watching this much & didn't see this one. It bores the crap out of me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Austin's ventriloquist dummy eyes...especially when the left one closes slowly...is he winking or emphasizing his point....quirky and charming

Derek enveloping all of Katie in his arms as she melts into him....that's romantic...

Katie taking the lead so Derek knows there are all green lights down the boulevard....

Derek's matter of fact learning to administer Katie's insulin is what family does, you do everything to help your own.

Melted a spot on my cold, dark heart....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

Cut to Jessica and Austin, strolling through some ruins. Jessica: "Are you religious?" Austin: "Um..." Cue dramatic music to make it look like this is going to be a source of tension, but I think they're faking us out.

I think so too.  I know in the past at least they've talked about matching people with similar views towards religion.  I think he'll finally answer, then find they agree.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Not everyone is a beach person. I most definitely am not and the few times in my life that I have been to a beach or have seen beaches with people walking on them on television shows, I have never seen any sort of creatures just kind of chilling and walking around so I had no clue what was going on there. 

Talk about creatures, my niece lives in Arizona and had a scorpion in the house.  They had the whole house sealed.  A few months ago, another scorpion in her closet, bit her and she had to go to emergency immediately.  I would have been out the next day.  Some people are not affected by any creatures, crabs or otherwise. Not me.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Tatortot said:

Idk about you guys but I sure would like to see Mindy on the ice rink, she is supposedly a professional.

They showed her skating earlier. She’s an instructor, so I guess that makes her a professional.  She’s not in a touring show. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Gotta disagree.  I think she still finds him hot, and that's why she sounded like a little school-girl when she announced to everyone that "He kissed me!"  It showed that in spite of the game she tries to talk it's just a facade.  She still wants it to work so she can have landed that prize.

Yeah, he is dropping little nuggets that are basically hidden in the rest of the on-camera gobbledygook, that would give her more clues as to what his specific issues really are with her.  It sounds like off-camera he has given his more honest general comment about not being attracted to her.  So I have a theory.  I think she actually does totally get that he is not attracted to her, and she knows exactly why.  But it is more face-saving on camera to not have to delve into all that, so she indulges and participates in the obtuse gobbledygook thing. 

Well, Mindy does mention implants....

15 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I'm sure people say that. I just think it's poppycock. I'm just tired of men are from Mars women are from Venus type rhetoric. And most of the time, anytime men are talked about in regards to relationships, it's just constant dumping on men. Men are worst. Men don't do this. Men can't handle that. It just gets tiring to read and hear.

This show is many things but one thing it shows is how people, in general, can be their own worst enemy and everyone is different. I just judge people as individuals instead of throwing gender into everything. 

By and large most of the folks commenting on this board lay blame where ever it falls sometimes on the so called experts without regards to gender. I would say more marriages failed due to the men but not by an overwhelming margin.

However we are stuck with a duality of men and woman whether we choose to ignore it or not. Its pointless to argue that men and woman don't think or act the same way not just because they are different people but because (generally) they see the world and relationships differently. The world treats people differently fair or unfair whether they're old, young, good looking, homely, thin and in shape, very overweight, male female different nationalities and folks perception of the world is tainted by that experience.

• Love 2

I’ve never seen my husband wash his face in the sink like Zack did.  I expected to see him put on some moisturizer like a woman would do .. maybe some eye cream too.  Usually, most men do it in the shower?  Looks like he wanted to concentrate as he told Mindy not to talk, but she did anyway.  She’s very thirsty.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

... I expected to see him put on some moisturizer like a woman would do .. maybe some eye cream too.  ....

Didn't Mindy joke that they both use the same moisturizer?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Purplelady25 said:

I thought Zack was such a mean-spirited bastard for telling Mindy he wasn’t attracted to her, 3 times no less!  Didn’t he say on the first day (the wedding), that he thought she was pretty with her dark hair and eyes? Was he unattracted to her after he saw her in a tank top and shorts? Maybe he prefers women with breasts and more curves, who knows. Tough s—! He signed up for this for his own ulterior motives. He could have dated almost any woman he was attracted to, he didn’t need to marry no damn stranger. I think he wanted exposure from this show for other benefits. He is getting more than “15 minutes of fame“ at this point. I think he is very arrogant, conceited (always posing sans shirt) and a heartless SOB.  Fist Bumping 👊 her- Like someone in middle school. Seriously??? 😳
Why was she watching him wash his face and have a conversation with him At That Time? She couldn’t wait until he was done doing whatever he had to do? Why was she standing there, watching him wash up for? That would freaken Annoy Me no end!  Where was the DOOR in that bathroom anyway??? 
I didn’t even know what Taylor was doing. I didn’t even Hear Brandon snoring at all!  He was embarrassed?  DUH - He’s in front of the cameras all day long. That didn’t embarrass him? He had this ridiculous attitude with Taylor the Entire Freaking Day! What an a-hole.
I can’t believe the least attractive bride out of all of them (Katie) has the nicest husband and they are sooooo happy! Who wudda guessed? Why did he have to stick her for her insulin shot the second day???? I  DON’T want to hear about her stupid Diabetes any more. Put a plug on it!

Loved every bit of your post!

5 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Didn't Mindy joke that they both use the same moisturizer?

Between her watching and drooling over him every minute, and him always shirtless whenever he sees an opportunity, they both make me sick.  Plus, Mindy HAS to let go already and get rid of those ugly tank tops and creepy jogging pants.  She’s on t.v. for goodness sakes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Derek's matter of fact learning to administer Katie's insulin is what family does, you do everything to help your own.

Melted a spot on my cold, dark heart....

That scene struck me as very odd for some reason. Not the fact that he gave her the shot - that was awesome and kudos to him for not batting an eye about it. What was weird was that she acted like she "needs" help doing it and pretty much just told him he had to do it. I know she's on the younger side of the participants but hasn't she been on her own for a while? Can she really not give herself the shot? Also, shouldn't she have asked him if he's comfortable doing it first? Again, he didn't seem to have any issues and jumped right in, so obviously they are perfectly matched in that regard, but I probably would have fainted. I had to look away during that whole scene. It just felt odd that she would need the help and assume he'd be fine with it without any real discussion or instruction. Maybe all of that happened off camera, who knows. Whatever the case, I was super impressed with him in that scene.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Cammi said:

I didn't watch the pre episode where Mindy claims Zack told her several times of his lack of attraction. My theory: People do not always share the WHOLE story, and I think perhaps she initiated some type of intimacy or suggested it. Therefore, leaving Zack no other option than to tell her he is not interested at this time. I think that's why she is talking him to death on their honeymoon, because she may be slightly embarrassed and pushing for more reasons to save face. I couldn't blame him though. If someone wanted kisses and cuddles (or more), and I wasn't into them, I would politely tell them no. If they kept it up, I would tell them why.  I just think maybe Mindy isn't divulging the entire story on how this subject of building attraction came about. Seeing the others interact isn't helping Mindy I'm sure. 

I dunno, sometimes people only share what THEY see. I moved across country to support my then husband's new business. After repeated affairs and emotional abuse, I filed for separation and moved back home (I liked it there, but I could not afford to live in that city/state on a single income). I hear that he now tells his new girlfriends, "Yeah, she just didn't like it here, so she moved back home to be with her family." Well..... that's PARTLY true. The moving part, but he cleverly omits the main reason why I left. 

Anyhow, methinks perhaps Mindy might have put some small moves on Zack (maybe a few moves), forcing him to be blunt. Of course she can play victim now, "He said he wasn't attracted to me", and all of us will rally behind her. Maybe he just blurted it out of the blue, but I still don't think we are getting a clear story of both sides. 

Brandon is childish. Mike is immature and his voice sounds like Micky Mouse. Meeka needs someone to dig the bug out of her ass. Katie needs IPL treatments. Sorry, face looks dirty. I hope to goodness she has a good sun screen. Cue everyone with freckles getting triggered in 3...2...1.... 

I think it's a cheap shot to make fun of freckles. It's not something that can change. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Recap of next week's preview:

Voice over of Pastor Cal: "Next week on Married at First Sight, our couples enjoy the final few days of their honeymoon." Quick clips of all the couples on a boat; jumping off the boat; swimming in the ocean.

Cut to Taylor and Brandon at dinner. They're toasting. Brandon: "Thank you, my best friend. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you in Washington, D.C." Taylor giggles.

Cut to Derek and Katie, also at dinner. Derek: "I definitely see a good potential moving forward, and I like it." Katie (nodding): "Me too." They kiss.

Michael and Meka together. Meka, leaning forward with arms out, "Bring it in." Michael hugs her and kisses her on the cheek. Michael in ITM: "Today I feel good. Today I feel optimistic."

Cut to M and M waking up in bed together. Michael: "Good morning." Meka: "Morning." Michael in voice over: "Last night was a significant step forward in our relationship." (They don't look like they've been all that intimate though, there's a pillow lying lengthwise between them, but I guess it's progress that they're sharing a bed.)

Cut to Zach and Mindy, drinking wine. Zach: "Help me figure this out." Mindy, exasperated, "What do you want me to do?!" Zach: "I know, I know, I know..." Mindy: "Just be like, get breast implants or something?!" Zach: "Look in my eyes, watch this..." Mindy: "WHAT do you want me to do?!" Zach: "They did not put that on my questionnaire. What are you doing?" Mindy in ITM: "What does he want from me? I-I-I don't know." Shrugs shoulders.

Cut to Brandon, in elevator, holding a drink in his hand out through the open doors. It's like he's trying to block the cameras from filming/following him. It sounds like someone (production?) says "Brandon", and he mumbles something like "I asked you stay away."  Taylor in voiceover/ITM: "There's some things he says to production that I don't agree with. And he's kind of abrasive and aggressive."

Cut to all the couples in a tour bus. This part isn't closed captioned so I'm not sure what's happening. Brandon is saying something like, "I'll calm down...(mumbles).. watching.. ". I think he gets up and moves toward the camera person. Jessica looks a little startled and Katie looks annoyed. 

Brandon said "I'll calm down when I get back to Washington"

• Love 2

Katie face does look dirty! freckles.  Maybe from trying to hide her freckles or too much contour. Her chin is what gets me especially from the profile. Sometimes she looks pretty and other times I think kind of odd. 

Maybe Mindy should take zack ice skating so he can see her in her element. I bet she’ll sleep with him despite his insistence that he’s not attracted to her like Kate did with Luke. So thirsty. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sometimesjennifer said:

That scene struck me as very odd for some reason. Not the fact that he gave her the shot - that was awesome and kudos to him for not batting an eye about it. What was weird was that she acted like she "needs" help doing it and pretty much just told him he had to do it. I know she's on the younger side of the participants but hasn't she been on her own for a while? Can she really not give herself the shot? Also, shouldn't she have asked him if he's comfortable doing it first? Again, he didn't seem to have any issues and jumped right in, so obviously they are perfectly matched in that regard, but I probably would have fainted. I had to look away during that whole scene. It just felt odd that she would need the help and assume he'd be fine with it without any real discussion or instruction. Maybe all of that happened off camera, who knows. Whatever the case, I was super impressed with him in that scene.

I thought it was totally producer driven. Since these two seem giddy with each other, what better way to further cement Derek's rep as dreamy than to show him helping her with her shot. She can do it herself. If it was a situation in which she wanted to show him how it's done in case of an emergency, she would have said just that and then showed him how. To me, she was acting like she needed help doing this. Sweet of him or not, I thought it was bogus. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:
22 hours ago, OnTime said:

She needs some makeup remover for Couples Couch. Can't she get her lipstick and eye makeup on correctly?

Danielle needs a hair brush.

Elizabeth looks good!!

I haven't been watching this much & didn't see this one. It bores the crap out of me.

Oh, I know.

I just watched a few minutes to see who is on. It is stupid.

• Love 1

On 1/29/2020 at 10:12 PM, Meowwww said:

Ugh.  Zach is a self-centered, self-important asshole, but man, Mindy is high maintenance.  Always wanting to have conversations about “where they are.”  No thanks. 
Meka is angry, and she will never let it go. I agree with her anger, but carrying it around like that isn’t good for anyone.  
I too was icked out by her leg rubbing. 

Mindy's friends said she could get into her head.  Meka was too controlling and dominant for a loser like Michael.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:11 AM, bichonblitz said:

I find Mindy to be a bit of a dweeb, too. She is annoying AF. But....Zach with his word salad is even more annoying AF.  

Brandon is such a passive agressive douche but he and Taylor make such a pretty, pretty couple. 

Katie and Derek's morning after pillow talk to the camera "We did a thing", "Uh huh, yeah, we did a thing". I know they're young but please. Talk like an adult. And if I hear these 26 yr olds say one more time "I waited my WHOLE LIFE to fall in love" I'm gonna bash in my TeeVee.  

The twin and what's his name are boring. 

Meeka and Michael are a disaster. She was a mess before she walked down the aisle with her crying and pouting. Michael never had a chance. Too bad she was right and he turned out to be everything she feared. 

"The twin and what's his name" are considered boring because there is no crazy going on.  The show is built on high drama.  That the audience is bored may be a good sign for the marriage IMHO.  I like them and don't care that people aren't into their kissing.  They need to build connection.

• Love 6

Did Brandon actually give his wife the silent treatment like a six year old because she filmed him? While he’s on a TV show that’s being filmed? And that same TV show gives them cameras to continue filming when cameramen aren’t there? Get over yourself doofus and at least be adult enough to tell her why your panties are all wadded up your butt. And the beer not beer thing was ridiculous. I think he needs to go back home to mama. 

No, no pastor Cal, you’re wrong, Mike and Meka aren’t a good match. He’s done already. She’s right about there. I think they have a 0/0 chance. And I don’t enjoy watching or even snarking on them. Boo! 

I’m not sure about Derek and Katie. It does seem too much too fast with them, but that’s this show. I feel like she’s off, but I can’t put my finger on why I feel that way.

Austin and Jess are cute but I can’t unsee the sibling thing. Eww. I do find their hand holding sweeter then most of the macking on each other that the couples do. Their macking creeps me out a bit. 

Mindy and Zach are oddballs. She talks like a teenager and he talks like a maze designer. He confuses and confounds and she like gets lost and like says like a lot like really. How many times do you need to hear I. Am. Not. Attracted. To. You. before you absorb it? He is almost impressive in his complete ability to circumvent a question without answering any part of it. I do kind of agree with him that all serious all the time gets old so quickly. They are both exhausting in different ways. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I missed that scene thanks for sharing it. She probably could have administered it herself but if he's in for a penny he's in for a pound. Better to make sure he can do when she's not able to.

• Love 3

I wonder if any of the couples put in their application they don't care about race? I think the show needs to diversify. Couples who are moderately overweight. Plainer looking couples who really are looking for love and marriage.

Just now, DrewPaul2010 said:

I wonder if any of the couples put in their application they don't care about race? I think the show needs to diversify. Couples who are moderately overweight. Plainer looking couples who really are looking for love and marriage.

And couples in their 40's maybe with kids?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Mindy HAS to let go already and get rid of those ugly tank tops and creepy jogging pants.  She’s on t.v. for goodness sakes.

6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Mindy's tops are fugly....why Mindy why....

Back at the shallow table, but Mindy also has to stop wearing those short-shorts that bag at the area where she should have a butt filling them out.

The more I look at her the more I think she could benefit from gaining a little weight.  It would give her more curves and get rid of that gaunt facial look.  I don't know why she would mention a boob job in the previews as that's the one area she doesn't lack in.  I think one of the reasons her sister is so attractive is because she has a little more weight on her.  It wouldn't take much - 20 lbs. perhaps?  I actually think she looks a little bit heavier on "Unfiltered" which might be one reason she looks more attractive there.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The never been in love thing isn't really a thing. I mean, yes it could be. But, it doesn't actually say anything about him. Not everyone jumps in out of relationships or declare love for everyone they date. He probably just never found someone he wanted to give his all too.

I will be 38 this year. I've never been in love either. It's not because I'm a player or scared of commitment, etc. I put myself out there for years and years but never had a woman in my life that wanted to be with me in "that way", they were already involved, etc. At a certain point (like ten years ago) I just kind of mentally gave up and focused on my job, saving money, trying to better myself. It's very easy for me to do because it's not like women are knocking down my door. I tried online dating a bit but no one ever responded. 

There are plenty of rational reasons for never being in love and he's not even that old. Not close to being old. 

I know he's considered a catch so it makes thinks different but he could simply not found the one or was focused on other things. I didn't even think twice about him never being in love before. It happens.

Sorry, I never meant to imply it was weird he's never been in love. I meant I thought it was weird he was all in for Katie so quickly when she seems kind of basic. It seems like he would have met a girl similar to Katie by now in his life. Maybe it's just a matter of openness or knowing he's ready, but the weird part is how fast he's falling when he is someone who has never been in love. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

It could be a thing because Katie is the one who brought it up.  Will be interesting to see to what extent it bothers her.  

• Love 1
On 1/29/2020 at 10:21 PM, Soup333 said:

So would you rather -

Zach, who says a lot of words that ultimately mean nothing. 

OR

Bitchy Brandon who gets pissy, gives you the silent treatment and then makes slick ass, passive aggressive comments to everyone else about how you offended him but doesn’t speak to you about said offense until that evening. 

OR

Michael, who says one thing on camera and then another off camera?

These men are trash.

Agreed. Watching this season makes me miss Greg from last season (Mr. Two Ovens). He’s been my favorite husband of this entire series. It was a slow build. I didn’t find him drop-dead-gorgeous at first glance, but the more he displayed how mature, kind, patient, committed, and funny he is, the more I liked him. 

All of these dudes are immature and selfish. Michael won’t wear his ring until feels they’re progressing? Yeah, okay. And Brandon doesn’t like to talk things out with people? So WHY DID YOU GET MARRIED?

• Love 16
8 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

And couples in their 40's maybe with kids?

Pastor Cal has said they’ll never have people with kids on because it’s too much to expose kids to. they’d have a literal stranger as an instant stepparent and their reaction is televised. If I were the ex/co-parent and my ex wanted to do this, I’d never allow it. I mean, imagine Mia being your kid’s stepmom. Or either Jamie or Elizabeth, who both lied to the experts about wanting kids.

Re: race, this is like nth-hand information (it’s “one of our listeners told me her friend tried out ...”)  but I heard on a podcast a story of someone who tried out for the show (think it was Boston). She’s white and told production she preferred Black men and they told her that was a deal-breaker.

I think there are plainer-looking people on this season (Katie, Austin) but I also think it’s still a TV show so they’ll try to cast people who look pretty good.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Cammi said:

Katie needs IPL treatments.

Learn something new every day. Had to Google IPL...Ymmv but her freckles don't bother me. The issue I had about matching Katie and Derek is her diabetes. I caught a lot of flak in another forum for saying I didn't agree with pairing someone with a serious illness. It's not like they were dating and she revealed this to him. I know diabetes can be managed but there can be serious complications down the line.  

Which begs the question...can a couple actually BACK OUT at the altar? I didn't see the first few seasons but did watch Jamie O's freak out upon seeing Doug for the first time. Can the producers FORCE the participants to marry at first sight?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, SnackyCakes14 said:

Sorry, I never meant to imply it was weird he's never been in love. I meant I thought it was weird he was all in for Katie so quickly when she seems kind of basic. It seems like he would have met a girl similar to Katie by now in his life. Maybe it's just a matter of openness or knowing he's ready, but the weird part is how fast he's falling when he is someone who has never been in love. 

My post wasn't necessarily directed at you. The show and some people have had a "wow, that's really weird" response to finding out he's never been in love before. I just don't think it has to be that serious. I was just talking general though.

4 hours ago, Kareem said:

It could be a thing because Katie is the one who brought it up.  Will be interesting to see to what extent it bothers her.  

That's partially my point. One hears this info and puts a lot of baggage onto it. It doesn't HAVE to be a thing. Some people might make it thing. Like that's a flaw in him or something.

I understand the logic of, how could someone be ready to love if they've never experienced it but not being love before doesn't mean you weren't ready for it or could handle it once it actually comes.

If this is his biggest "flaw" be happy. 

• Love 2
On 1/29/2020 at 10:58 PM, qtpye said:

I think Mindy is correct that Zack dislikes her both physically and kind of hates her quirky personality. He cringes almost every time she speaks and the puts on that dumb manic looking fake smile.

He wanted someone “cooler” and it seems like he finds her to be a bit of a dweeb.

I just do not understand why she keeps trying. I feel bad about that clip of her meeting Jessica in the bathroom and squealing about her groom being perfect.

I think Brandon does not like Taylor at all and is just playing up for the camera. I understand him not wanting to be filmed while sleeping but the way he jerked away from her kisses was a little too angry.

I think they are all playing a part because they want to be on t.v. for one reason or another.  Zack posing for the camera shirtless.  Come on!  He’s a conceited ass.  Guys like that make me sick.  It’s all about looks and probably no brain.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, topanga said:

Agreed. Watching this season makes me miss Greg from last season (Mr. Two Ovens). He’s been my favorite husband of this entire series. It was a slow build. I didn’t find him drop-dead-gorgeous at first glance, but the more he displayed how mature, kind, patient, committed, and funny he is, the more I liked him. 

All of these dudes are immature and selfish. Michael won’t wear his ring until feels they’re progressing? Yeah, okay. And Brandon doesn’t like to talk things out with people? So WHY DID YOU GET MARRIED?

Omg I miss him so much!! He should lead a seminar for the men during casting to give them advice on how to be successful in the process. And I agree - at first he just seemed like an average, nice guy but within a few episodes he became downright dreamy to me. He's the full package, for sure. His patience makes some of these fools this season look like preschoolers.

I Google him and Deonna sometimes and it fills my heart to see them seemingly still going strong and happy ❤

• Love 17

20 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Have to disagree...he is awkward AF.  However, I have noticed that his attractiveness increases exponentially as the hair-prep decreases.  The lowest level is the full slicked back, which I thinks doesn't look good at all.  Then when it is still long and flow-y but without the slick-back gel, he looks much better.  And when they showed him in the morning, when he had done nothing to his hair at all, so some of it was going in different directions, he looked astonishingly handsome!

What I notice about Austen is that he definitely has a good side (left) and a bad side (right)!

26 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

My post wasn't necessarily directed at you. The show and some people have had a "wow, that's really weird" response to finding out he's never been in love before. I just don't think it has to be that serious. I was just talking general though.

That's partially my point. One hears this info and puts a lot of baggage onto it. It doesn't HAVE to be a thing. Some people might make it thing. Like that's a flaw in him or something.

I understand the logic of, how could someone be ready to love if they've never experienced it but not being love before doesn't mean you weren't ready for it or could handle it once it actually comes.

If this is his biggest "flaw" be happy. 

I think it's productions way of introducing "conflict" just like they do with happy couples (Ashley doesn't want to change her name! Deonna has "walls"!) It just means that they couldn't find anything wrong with him 😄 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, princelina said:

What I notice about Austen is that he definitely has a good side (left) and a bad side (right)!

I think it's productions way of introducing "conflict" just like they do with happy couples (Ashley doesn't want to change her name! Deonna has "walls"!) It just means that they couldn't find anything wrong with him 😄 

Yep, they love doing that. But, I get it. People complain about mismatched couples and stuff but if they cast five couple getting along just like Derrick and Katie people would be bored and there would be no show.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I missed that scene thanks for sharing it. She probably could have administered it herself but if he's in for a penny he's in for a pound. Better to make sure he can do when she's not able to.

He can administer the shot in her dominant side upper arm, which is harder for her to do to herself. It’s nice to not always give the shot in the same place - gives the more common places a rest. He didn’t have to do it but it’s nice that he can.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

I love her too.  She has a nice even handed perspective.  And she’s HAVING A BABY!

That woman is really insightful.

Her take on Brandon seemed spot on.  If she is right, this might be the worst casting decision this year, pairing up someone with a dude that has a bad temper and no coping or relationship skills.   There is something just off to me about Brandon.   His mailed-in insincere vows ("I knew for the moment I saw you" he reads from a pre-written script), the grabbing of the cake, those expressionless eyes and monotone voice.  I was hoping it was just nerves at the wedding, but is looking more and more like poor Taylor got stuck with a nut job.  Let's just hope its not a violent nut job.  

And I agree with her that they really did Mindy a disservice.  I don't see her as "thirsty"  for Zach.  She is embarrassed, awkward and disappointed, but still trying to hold out some hope.   I think one of the reasons the producers seem to delight in casting the physical mismatches is for the "entertainment" value in seeing how people are going to cope with a really, really uncomfortable situation.    I'm sure the producers were not at all concerned about triggering Mindy's insecurities, but rather hopeful of doing so.   To be fair, it puts Zach in an uncomfortable spot as well,  but since he came onto the show reeking with  insincerity (hello, Instagram), I'm less worried about him.   I would also love to hear his answer to a question I assume (hope?) that ask all potential contestants -- how will you handle it if you are not physically attracted to the person who pair you with.  

Edited by riff-raff
Fixing link
  • Love 9

I've considered Zach may be playing it straight with Mindy when they're alone, then bombarding her with verbal diarrhea on camera, hence her confusion.

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think they are all playing a part because they want to be on t.v. for one reason or another.  Zack posing for the camera shirtless.  Come on!  He’s a conceited ass.  Guys like that make me sick.  It’s all about looks and probably no brain.

Yeah, maybe all, definitely him. When he's on screen I feel like I'm watching an audition for a bad soap opera.

• Love 1
On 1/29/2020 at 5:48 PM, gonecrackers said:

So basically Michael wants to fuck Meka so he knows whether he likes her that way or not, first.

DISGUSTING. MAN. WTF made that fool think it was appropriate to discuss her "sexual makeup" on the SECOND DAY?!! IDIOT!! 1. BOUNDARIES 2. PREMATURE

• Love 4