Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Trouble in Paradise

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I knew there was something I didn't like about her, besides her silly laughing.  She does act like her shit don't stink and I imagine all her life she's been told how attractive she is.  Any time you label yourself as "Beauty and Brains".....yeah. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think that, while she is attractive, Brandon just doesn't like her personality.  Not saying he might not have his own issues whatever they are, but I think that he just flat out doesn't like her.

When she called Pastor Cal, I swear I thought she was gonna say that Michael beat her up and raped her.

I think if a woman is so gorgeous, a guy might be insecure and too nervous to handle it.  That could be the case with Taylor and Brandon.  Maybe he’s really nervous as she’s every man’s dream and a lot of work that he’s not comfortable.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I think if a woman is so gorgeous, a guy might be insecure and too nervous to handle it.  That could be the case with Taylor and Brandon.  Maybe he’s really nervous as she’s every man’s dream and a lot of work that he’s not comfortable.

I'm not convinced that he's insecure though.  Assuming he's telling the truth about the women of various races/ethnicities he's dated, I'd guess that some of them were just as attractive as Taylor.  Plus, I think he's nice looking too and he's not punching above his weight class.  I think it's more her personality that he doesn't like. 

• Love 2

I have very little hope left for this show being anything but a shit show going forward after seeing Lifetime's ad for it touting TWO HOURS! MORE DRAMA!!! I guess I could live with it and tune in for the snark, but holy hell, it's just people sitting around awkwardly staring at each other or talking, talking and talking about the state of their "marriage".  It's not even interesting.

The fact you're not only watching but in here responding belies the fact you like the show.

I've watched about 7 seasons but I split time with other shows or watch it on DVR the following day and use FF frequently. The novelty of watching them wed has worn off completely.  I don't watch any of the spin-offs. Probably the highlight of last season was when a new husband told his wife to shut up...that was a classic. Yet they stayed married. I like chit chatting about the show in here I see quite a few regulars. I'm sure we'll find something better to do some day. 

I'd really like to hear more about what motivates these people because none of them look like they would actually have problems meeting new people and finding someone they are attracted to. Especially the jerks who seem to be immediately unhappy. Like that's not who I would have picked....well then why didn't you! Why burden someone else?

• Love 6
(edited)

In discussing some of this episode with my son I thought he made a very good point. When lies, gaslighting, narcissistic behaviors, toxic verbal gymnastics, passive aggressive behavior, the silent treatment, etc., are all no big deal, the bar for marriage material has been set ridiculously low.

*(And no that doesn't mean I'm saying the women are perfect either).

That said, yes people make mistakes, but if once seen these kinds of behaviors should make someone cautious, because if it becomes a pattern then there is a real problem.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

In discussing some of this episode with my son I thought he made a very good point. When lies, gaslighting, narcissistic behaviors, toxic verbal gymnastics, passive aggressive behavior, the silent treatment, etc., are all no big deal, the bar for marriage material has been set ridiculously low.

*(And no that doesn't mean I'm saying the women are perfect either).

That said, yes people make mistakes, but if once seen these kinds of behaviors should make someone cautious, because if it becomes a pattern then there is a real problem.

I'm very suspicious of motives. At least two of the gents this season could have their pick of the litter from their looks. I believe woman get over looks faster than men do and if the guy is a jerk the looks will take a back seat. Unless the sex is really good which can be the glue that binds....for a while.

The problem isn't find the perfect mate the problem is they aren't really ready for marriage.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Liberty said:

In the beginning he was proud of being an "education director".  Googled it and "Education directors, also known as instructional coordinators, direct and shape the curricula and teaching processes in a school or school district. ... They provide training in the use of educational materials and techniques."

Not certain Michael fits in this role, or salary range.  His vocabulary and syntax is a few words short of a leader.

We have a lot of undefined or ill-defined job titles on this show , ie "High Yield Bond Trader", plenty of "Account Executives", and when he announced his new job was a "principal", it was not startling.  Time to grap back to basis.

Haha! These shows and their nebulous job titles of which the Bachelor et al are the worst!

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'm not convinced that he's insecure though.  Assuming he's telling the truth about the women of various races/ethnicities he's dated, I'd guess that some of them were just as attractive as Taylor.  Plus, I think he's nice looking too and he's not punching above his weight class.  I think it's more her personality that he doesn't like. 

I think Brandon and Taylor are evenly matched, looks-wise. Taylor is wearing too much hair but aside from that I think she's very pretty, and Brandon is good-looking too (and he has a sexy voice). I think they look great together.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I'm very suspicious of motives.

That's always gonna be a problem with this. It's a TV show, & even if not very popular, there will always be those who sign up for the exposure (in more ways then one, ahem, Zach), & the subsequent SM sales they can cash in for maybe a little while, or so they think.

JamieO made a freakin' career out of this show, but the MAFS queen will not be easily dethroned.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think Brandon and Taylor are evenly matched, looks-wise. Taylor is wearing too much hair but aside from that I think she's very pretty, and Brandon is good-looking too (and he has a sexy voice). I think they look great together.

I think that Taylor is more mature than Brandon.  He's immature.  Maybe it had something to do with his brother being murdered when he, Brandon was a child.  Maybe his mother and grandmother babied him and he never had to deal with difficult things in life. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Sorry, not buying it, Zack. He didn't mean what he said, he didn't want her to feel bad or whatever? What crap. Telling a person that there's no spark means there is no spark. He was in full on acting mode, complete with soap opera face, while talking to her and going on and on loving listening to himself talk and say nothing that made any sense at all. Mindy is getting pathetic to watch, lapping up and savoring his morsels of bullshit. 

I agree I've never heard anyone spew such a torrent of words and then look for somewhere appropriate to stop look up and see if it made any sense. It certainly didn't make any sense to him. I'd cut Mindy some slack because I suspect she really had her heart into this and believed what it was about...commitment, working it out, sacrifice and so forth. She could have been matched up with maybe a 7 or 8 on the looks scale but with a good heart and she would have been quite happy.  

• Love 12

IMO, Taylor recorded a silly innocent video of her new husband snoring. BFD. Brandon wasn't shown to millions without his make-up, I trust. Or without his coif's being just so. Or even ugly-snoring.

But he had to run to the balcony and keep that snit going the entire day, making himself look far worse than Taylor's video.

Panic attack, MBFA.

• Love 20

There are only 2 couples on this show that are just enjoying the moment, having fun.  The rest of them are analyzing every single little thing.  I'm sick of it.  Have fun.  Enjoy the moment because it will be over soon and then you'll be like.  "Oh shit, I missed it." 

BTW, they keep showing commercials for that movie with Isa Rae, "The Photograph," looks interesting. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

BTW, they keep showing commercials for that movie with Isa Rae, "The Photograph," looks interesting. 

It looks interesting.  Plus, there's Lakeith Stanfield. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I agree I've never heard anyone spew such a torrent of words and then look for somewhere appropriate to stop look up and see if it made any sense. It certainly didn't make any sense to him. I'd cut Mindy some slack because I suspect she really had her heart into this and believed what it was about...commitment, working it out, sacrifice and so forth. She could have been matched up with maybe a 7 or 8 on the looks scale but with a good heart and she would have been quite happy.  

I agree with this.  I think the producers wanted the drama of a mismatch.  Given how it's playing out, it's too bad Mindy is so earnest.  When he first told her that he didn't find her attractive, she should have just laughed and said, "that's your loss," and set about to ignore him as best she could, and enjoy her time in Panama.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

So gross. I couldn't keep my eye off it either.

gross.JPG

I was grossed out by it too. In fact, I am not impressed at all with this Westin resort. Clearly, they cut a deal with production to keep showing the Westin sign for marketing purposes.  You would think they would have pulled out all the stops to make the place look beautiful. Instead, it looks like a one star, flea bag dump. 

Edited by potatochips
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:
7 minutes ago, potatochips said:

I was grossed out by it too. In fact, I am not impressed at all with this Wyndham resort. Clearly, they cut a deal with production to keep showing the Wyndham sign for marketing purposes.  You would think they would have pulled out all the stops to take the place look beautiful. Instead, it looks like a one star, flea bag dump. 

It is The Westin, not Wyndham.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

JamieO made a freakin' career out of this show, but the MAFS queen will not be easily dethroned.

She needs some makeup remover for Couples Couch. Can't she get her lipstick and eye makeup on correctly?

Danielle needs a hair brush.

Elizabeth looks good!!

• Love 2

When I've stayed at all inclusive they tell the staff what level you are. Most have private areas for their top tier guests. And if they allow under 18 it shows who can drink.

I've stayed in places where the bracelet opens your room door. You also can use it to charge purchases throughout the property. 

Elizabeth looks good!!

Elizabeth of Elizabeth and Jamie? She of the too short, too low cut dresses? Did she finally get a wardrobe in her own size?

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Elizabeth of Elizabeth and Jamie? She of the too short, too low cut dresses? Did she finally get a wardrobe in her own size?

Yep, married to Jamie. Couldn't see what she was wearing since they were sitting on the couch.

Her hair looked nice and she did look good. Might have been a different story if she stood up.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Yep, married to Jamie. Couldn't see what she was wearing since they were sitting on the couch.

Her hair looked nice and she did look good. Might have been a different story if she stood up.

Her skirts did have a way of disappearing completely when she stood up. It's telling that you couldn't see what she was wearing while she was sitting down.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Assuming he's telling the truth about the women of various races/ethnicities he's dated, I'd guess that some of them were just as attractive as Taylor.  

Unless I missed it, Brandon has never admitted to dating "women".  When he speaks of his dating life, he has mentioned "partners", "someone" and "significant others" but never "my lady" or "my girl".  If he has, please direct me to that interview.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

In my opinion, a lot of what's going on here communication wise, is multiple people who never took the time to truly communicate with their partner or are struggling to not be a me and now be a we. A lot of single people are selfish. It's not even a bad thing. It's all about you. But, these people need to adjust that line of thinking. In general, use your damn words.

I agree completely with this, although I think the self-centeredness is more a problem in the millennial generation than in previous ones.  It's all about them and they can't for one minute think that maybe if they just said something nice or gave their partner a well timed hug it would go a long way toward showing good faith and making things better.  It doesn't involve "work" or talking a blue streak about "feelings" until both parties are even more at a stand-off than before.  Like Michael being a pissy ass and not wearing his ring.  These men need to get over themselves and show good faith.  Wear the goddamned ring to show her you are banking on a better future with her!  What little it would take!  Not wearing the ring only cements the rift between them.  Assholes.  Can't think past their big parent over-indulged egos.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Not to badger the point but this is your experience. It does not speak for all men or even many men. Men aren't a give mind. We all react differently. Just keeping it on show, we've had plenty  of guys who can and like to engage and communicate and vice versa. The same for people who suck at it.

Sure, but most women and psychologists in general don't see it that way.  What men think is great communication is often not what women think it is.  Also, it is widely taught that men process their feelings differently than women and aren't as close to them as women are, so it often takes longer for them to figure themselves out.  Nor are they able to express their feelings as easily either.  I was talking with my therapist the other day about this.  He agreed about most men being like this but then said that he himself never had a problem discussing and expressing his feelings.  I told him that's why he became a therapist, LOL.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't dispute her intentions but I think if they had known each other longer and been more comfortable with each other, Brandon wouldn't have had a problem with it.  Since they had only known each other for a few days, maybe in his mind he was wondering if she was a stalker.

What I don't understand is that he agreed to be filmed practically 24/7 including while in bed asleep by the film crew for millions of people to see on TV, so it's a little hard to swallow that he is such a delicate flower that he should get the vapors and has reason to think "stalker" when some hot chick in his bed (that BTW he just MARRIED) thinks he looks cute while asleep and photographs him.  Jeez Louise, his entire generation photographs every fart and sneeze everyone takes to put up on Instagram so it's not like this should feel like such a betrayal of privacy to him that he should react the way he did.  This guy is riddled with neurotic tendencies.  Granted, Taylor has her own issues but he is a piece of work.  He didn't talk to her for an entire day with no explanation - the rude, dismissive way he acted toward her in the bathroom was abusive and insane.  Then he just expects her to get over his reaction, but he is still not getting over her taking the photo - instead he got out of taking responsibility for his OTT reaction by feigning that it was a "panic attack".  I don't even care that he apologized - this guy is bad news and a big baby.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

We are all human.  We all have issues.  If the show tried to pair up people who had zero issues, there wouldn't be anybody to cast for the show.  

The person who has anxiety might be very good with money.  The person who sends their partner flowers might be messy.  The person who is very neat might have a wandering eye.  You just never know with people, which is why I think this show is a crap shoot, anybody can match people together and get the same results.

Sometimes I think the problem with dating is that no one wants to accept another's human-ness.  We all make mistakes, we all fuck up.  I don't think a person should be labeled difficult/abusive/psycho just because they are not perfect.  Just my two cents.

I think Brandon should look in the mirror on accepting another's human-ness before Taylor should be told she needs to do that with him.  She has been more than forgiving  and accepting of his weird, immature behavior, especially considering how cringe-worthy it has been so far, but he has not been forgiving in the least bit with her.  It was obvious to me that she was well intended when taking that photo.  For him to just jump to the worst possible interpretation of her motives without giving her the benefit of the doubt is definitely NOT accepting her human-ness.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, potatochips said:

I was grossed out by it too. In fact, I am not impressed at all with this Westin resort. Clearly, they cut a deal with production to keep showing the Westin sign for marketing purposes.  You would think they would have pulled out all the stops to make the place look beautiful. Instead, it looks like a one star, flea bag dump. 

Yes, I was grossed out by the tub and the rooms are awful too.  No color and poorly designed.  There's a way to do minimal but that's not it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Sure, but most women and psychologists in general don't see it that way.  What men think is great communication is often not what women think it is.  Also, it is widely taught that men process their feelings differently than women and aren't as close to them as women are, so it often takes longer for them to figure themselves out.  Nor are they able to express their feelings as easily either.  I was talking with my therapist the other day about this.  He agreed about most men being like this but then said that he himself never had a problem discussing and expressing his feelings.  I told him that's why he became a therapist, LOL.

I'm sure people say that. I just think it's poppycock. I'm just tired of men are from Mars women are from Venus type rhetoric. And most of the time, anytime men are talked about in regards to relationships, it's just constant dumping on men. Men are worst. Men don't do this. Men can't handle that. It just gets tiring to read and hear.

This show is many things but one thing it shows is how people, in general, can be their own worst enemy and everyone is different. I just judge people as individuals instead of throwing gender into everything. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I'm sure people say that. I just think it's poppycock. I'm just tired of men are from Mars women are from Venus type rhetoric. And most of the time, anytime men are talked about in regards to relationships, it's just constant dumping on men. Men are worst. Men don't do this. Men can't handle that. It just gets tiring to read and hear.

Tiring as you may find it there is science behind the differences between the sexes, such as differences in male and female brain and brain chemistry, etc., etc.  I hate the constant dumping on men too but I don't consider this in that vein.  Men are naturally on average stronger than women physically and have all sorts of advantages there and other areas, so it averages out in the final analysis.  Women used to be called inferior based on things like their shorter stature and lesser physical strength on average and that would be unfair too.  People can be different but equal at the same time.  So it's not about bashing men, just about reality.   And FWIW, the women on this show get just as much bashing for things that women commonly do that's messed up, so I don't think men are being singled out for being men.  It's just the a-hole men on this show that are being singled out.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 11

If you can't get past not being physically attracted to your partner you probably shouldn't be getting married at first sight. Zach didn't even give Mindy a chance to win him over with her personality. Him telling her this so early was deliberate to put a nail the coffin. No way she feels comfortable or safe with him moving forward. That was his intention. He's an asshole for going through with the wedding.

Not feeling Brandon's excuses. He's just an asshole. PeriodT. Taylor is being too nice and forgiving. 

Michael isn't the least bit attractive. I don't think Meka was feeling his looks to begin with and his personality just killed any chance he had to win her over. 

I find Austin more charming than awkward. I think Jessica is the only awkward one here. A guy like Austin wouldn't have trouble finding someone a bit cooler and sexier but he was clearly too insecure to put himself out there.

Derek remains a cutie. I have my reservations on Katie.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, ElectricCityy said:

Not feeling Brandon's excuses. He's just an asshole. PeriodT. Taylor is being too nice and forgiving. 

I agree Brandon was a jerk.  But Taylor needed to stop with all the jabs at him when they were visiting the sloths.  That combination of personality traits isn't going to work well.

• Love 4
ON 1/30/2020 AT 10:33 AM, ESSEXJAN SAID:

Zach wants some little gym bunny with big boobs who will stoke his massive ego. Instead he got an uptight stick who, to his astonishment, doesn't think he's the hottest shit that's ever dropped.

20 HOURS AGO, RIFF-RAFF SAID:

I think its quite possible that she thought he was handsome when she first saw him, but now no longer finds him  attractive.  Narcissism, inability to string together a coherent sentence, and telling someone that "you aren't my type" are big turn-offs.  

Gotta disagree.  I think she still finds him hot, and that's why she sounded like a little school-girl when she announced to everyone that "He kissed me!"  It showed that in spite of the game she tries to talk it's just a facade.  She still wants it to work so she can have landed that prize.

ON 1/30/2020 AT 10:39 AM, KATIE111 SAID:

Did anyone catch when Zach said something about he likes women to wear nice clothing? 

Yeah, he is dropping little nuggets that are basically hidden in the rest of the on-camera gobbledygook, that would give her more clues as to what his specific issues really are with her.  It sounds like off-camera he has given his more honest general comment about not being attracted to her.  So I have a theory.  I think she actually does totally get that he is not attracted to her, and she knows exactly why.  But it is more face-saving on camera to not have to delve into all that, so she indulges and participates in the obtuse gobbledygook thing. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

23 HOURS AGO, SOMETIMESJENNIFER SAID:

He refused to speak to her all morning to address his issue with being filmed while sleeping and then put her on blast in front of the other couples. Then when they were alone he lectured her about how she should have magically realized he was panicking and that she needed to get over it. None of that speaks to someone who has a genuine medical issue that he wants to explain to the person he's going to spend the rest of his life with (a la Katie and her diabetes).

Bingo.

15 HOURS AGO, CONFIGDOTSYS SAID:

i had a panic attack once. I have friends who get them on occasion and Brandon was full of it. He was seething and pissed off and I saw no signs of a panic attack while he was at the sink. 

Exactly.  I had two "panic attacks" many years ago (I put that in quotes because it was a physical feeling I experienced immediately after waking up) and they were very frightening,  Panic is a very strong word that does not at all seem to relate to what we saw from him at that time.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I have very little hope left for this show being anything but a shit show going forward after seeing Lifetime's ad for it touting TWO HOURS! MORE DRAMA!!! I guess I could live with it and tune in for the snark, but holy hell, it's just people sitting around awkwardly staring at each other or talking, talking and talking about the state of their "marriage".  It's not even interesting.

You are absolutely right.  After watching two hours of the couch thingy, it was a repeat of the show the night before.  Plus, they only had three couples on who had practically nothing to say.  Waste of time.  I did LOVE tho, when Bobby went to put his arm around his spoiled wife (forgot her name) Danielle?, and she yelled at him for pulling her hair and embarrassed him on national t.v.  I always found her to be a spoiled bitch, and him a pussy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Bingo.

Exactly.  I had two "panic attacks" many years ago (I put that in quotes because it was a physical feeling I experienced immediately after waking up) and they were very frightening,  Panic is a very strong word that does not at all seem to relate to what we saw from him at that time.

I had them also.  Horrible.  I couldn’t go in stores, socialize, anything.  You get weakness all over and feeling like you are going to faint.  It comes on out of nowhere, and medication helps at the onset.  He didn’t have a panic attack.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Tiring as you may find it there is science behind the differences between the sexes, such as differences in male and female brain and brain chemistry, etc., etc.  I hate the constant dumping on men too but I don't consider this in that vein.  Men are naturally on average stronger than women physically and have all sorts of advantages there and other areas, so it averages out in the final analysis.  Women used to be called inferior based on things like their shorter stature and lesser physical strength on average and that would be unfair too.  People can be different but equal at the same time.  So it's not about bashing men, just about reality.   And FWIW, the women on this show get just as much bashing for things that women commonly do that's messed up, so I don't think men are being singled out for being men.  It's just the a-hole men on this show that are being singled out.

That's all well and good. Agree to disagree. I rather judge people as individuals.

• Love 3

I happened to see some of the Couples Couch last night and was surprised to see Jamie and Big Red. I thought they split? She did look decent. I was just surprised to see them. Bobby and Danielle look like they are the same person - they just blend into each other. He is still adorable. And it was nice to see Keith and Kristine, too. Can totally do without Jamie and her husband.

So, that's how this show works - they just show them watching the show from their bed or wherever and just put in their comments? They don't get together and have a discussion? That's just stupid! Will try harder not to catch any of it next time.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I also think it's off how quickly Derek seems to be falling for Katie. I know from the previews they do eventually have issues, but it's weird his shtick is "never been in love" and then seems so into her so quickly. Katie is cute enough and seems nice, but for lack of a better word, she also seems kind of "basic". I'm curious how many girlfriends he's had. Maybe they really are that compatible?

Whatever was moving around in the background in the sand when Mindy and Zach were talking were also seriously freaking me out. The fact he was talking gibberish didn't help my focus. They're both annoying in their own way, but at least Mindy seems like a kind person.

Brandon seems really emotionally immature and petty. I understand feeling anxious or unsure how to approach something, but the way he was freezing her out was uncomfortable to watch. The passive aggressive comment about it to everyone else at the pool was also not a good look.

I think Jessica and Austen are cute in their awkwardness.

I don't know what to think of Meka and Michael. I have issues with both of their communication styles and they are obviously, painfully not a match. Neither of them seems to bring out the good in the other.

• Love 7

I didn't watch the pre episode where Mindy claims Zack told her several times of his lack of attraction. My theory: People do not always share the WHOLE story, and I think perhaps she initiated some type of intimacy or suggested it. Therefore, leaving Zack no other option than to tell her he is not interested at this time. I think that's why she is talking him to death on their honeymoon, because she may be slightly embarrassed and pushing for more reasons to save face. I couldn't blame him though. If someone wanted kisses and cuddles (or more), and I wasn't into them, I would politely tell them no. If they kept it up, I would tell them why.  I just think maybe Mindy isn't divulging the entire story on how this subject of building attraction came about. Seeing the others interact isn't helping Mindy I'm sure. 

I dunno, sometimes people only share what THEY see. I moved across country to support my then husband's new business. After repeated affairs and emotional abuse, I filed for separation and moved back home (I liked it there, but I could not afford to live in that city/state on a single income). I hear that he now tells his new girlfriends, "Yeah, she just didn't like it here, so she moved back home to be with her family." Well..... that's PARTLY true. The moving part, but he cleverly omits the main reason why I left. 

Anyhow, methinks perhaps Mindy might have put some small moves on Zack (maybe a few moves), forcing him to be blunt. Of course she can play victim now, "He said he wasn't attracted to me", and all of us will rally behind her. Maybe he just blurted it out of the blue, but I still don't think we are getting a clear story of both sides. 

Brandon is childish. Mike is immature and his voice sounds like Micky Mouse. Meeka needs someone to dig the bug out of her ass. Katie needs IPL treatments. Sorry, face looks dirty. I hope to goodness she has a good sun screen. Cue everyone with freckles getting triggered in 3...2...1.... 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Michael and Meka: Michael talking about "best practices" in a relationship would have me heading for the door right away. 

That is sooo much a part of that generalities-spouting nonsense that he does for the camera where he just speaks in buzz words and platitudes.  I really wonder if he only knows two modes -- overly blunt/dictatorial and false openness.  Given what he said about no marriages in his family, maybe he's never seen genuine, self-revealing, warts-and-all communication.

15 HOURS AGO, CONFIGDOTSYS SAID:

I noticed that too! I kept wondering what were those things walking back and forth. It freaked me out.

This conversation line has been confusing me.  I have been to the NC/VA/MD beaches on the east coast for years, and there are always crabs like that.    Are people freaking out because these appear larger or because they've never seen them on beaches?

5 MINUTES AGO, ELECTRICCITYY SAID:

I find Austin more charming than awkward.

Have to disagree...he is awkward AF.  However, I have noticed that his attractiveness increases exponentially as the hair-prep decreases.  The lowest level is the full slicked back, which I thinks doesn't look good at all.  Then when it is still long and flow-y but without the slick-back gel, he looks much better.  And when they showed him in the morning, when he had done nothing to his hair at all, so some of it was going in different directions, he looked astonishingly handsome!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

This conversation line has been confusing me.  I have been to the NC/VA/MD beaches on the east coast for years, and there are always crabs like that.    Are people freaking out because these appear larger or because they've never seen them on beaches?

Not everyone is a beach person. I most definitely am not and the few times in my life that I have been to a beach or have seen beaches with people walking on them on television shows, I have never seen any sort of creatures just kind of chilling and walking around so I had no clue what was going on there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I had them also.  Horrible.  I couldn’t go in stores, socialize, anything.  You get weakness all over and feeling like you are going to faint.  It comes on out of nowhere, and medication helps at the onset.  He didn’t have a panic attack.

I had one years ago. I seriously thought I was dying. I'm sure they manifest in myriad ways for different people but what they showed us on camera was not even what he described as heavy breathing. We saw him take off his shirt as he left the room and then he was glaring at her while brushing his teeth. So either they edited it out or he went somewhere private while it was happening. Or it never happened at all.

And that still doesn't explain why he wouldn't just say, look, Taylor. I don't appreciate being filmed while I'm asleep. Knock that shit off. He could have been more polite or more blunt but to not say anything at all the entire day and then tell her to get over it when he finally mustered up enough maturity to apologize (if he wasn't forced into it by a producer) is really just too much.

If he legit has panic attacks of this frequency then Taylor is walking through a minefield. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

knew there was something I didn't like about her, besides her silly laughing.  She does act like her shit don't stink and I imagine all her life she's been told how attractive she is.  Any time you label yourself as "Beauty and Brains".....yeah. 

Taylor didn't labeled herself " Beauty and Brains", the producers did. I think they starting doing it on the Philly season and they should stop it.

No one deserves to be "labeled".

Guess it is all for ratings!

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, OnTime said:
19 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

knew there was something I didn't like about her, besides her silly laughing.  She does act like her shit don't stink and I imagine all her life she's been told how attractive she is.  Any time you label yourself as "Beauty and Brains".....yeah. 

Taylor didn't labeled herself " Beauty and Brains", the producers did. I think they starting doing it on the Philly season and they should stop it.

No one deserves to be "labeled".

Guess it is all for ratings!

Actually, that was my quote and you're probably correct that the producers gave her that label.  She still acts like her shit don't stink though.