Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Trouble in Paradise

• Start Topic

I understand couples have to talk things out, but in actuality, men tend to not talk, nor want to, and women like to talk things out.  Men do not want to be in the hot seat, ever.  The experts will not agree, but that’s how it usually is.  

• Love 23
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Meka might be "right" about not wanting to have sex so soon, but she's so goddamn intense about things.  

I think she's trying to be open but is scared, worried & wondering who is this guy she married, & I can't blame her at this point.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 23
10 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I understand couples have to talk things out, but in actuality, men tend to not talk, nor want to, and women like to talk things out.  Men do not want to be in the hot seat, ever.  The experts will not agree, but that’s how it usually is.  

I agree with that in general, but the way Meka's been jumping up and down on Michael's ass, I can understand his reluctance to come clean and have a meaningful conversation.  And this is just the start, if he stays with her.

10 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think she's trying to be open but is scared, worried & wondering who is this guy she married, & I'd can't blame her at this point.

It's not like he's a serial killer, and he didn't rape her.  I still say she needs to calm the fuck down and maybe he'd be more open with her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm relieved as hell he didn't rape or kill her, but he's still a liar & gaslighter which concerns me quite a bit. Those types don't make great spouses.

I think that's taking things too far with him, but we can agree to disagree and move on...

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

I think that's taking things too far with him, but we can agree to disagree and move on...

Well you mentioned it isn't like he's a rapist or serial killer... I get that. There's other forms of abuse & he's showing red flags, that's all I'm saying.

But I guess we'll see how things progress here.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

"If it was all about looks, you'd be more into me."  What does that mean?  I am having a hard time understanding Zach.  He says a lot, but most of it doesn't really make sense.  

Because "making sense" would be his screaming, "For the love of God, get me outta here!"

Not one televised conversation about their mutual athletic involvements or fitness regimens, etc.  Just Mindy's attempts to get blood from a stone called Zach.

• Love 15

I don’t know. Is Derek so in love after a few days?  Could that be?  He’s doing everything right and it’s concerning.  Too much, too fast.  Weird.  Maybe he never had a girlfriend, or he is acting for a part?

• Love 8

Ugh.  Zach is a self-centered, self-important asshole, but man, Mindy is high maintenance.  Always wanting to have conversations about “where they are.”  No thanks. 
Meka is angry, and she will never let it go. I agree with her anger, but carrying it around like that isn’t good for anyone.  
I too was icked out by her leg rubbing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Next week, will Mindy get breast implants?

It looked like she worked in some highlights this week. 

Her hair had highlights  when she had on the red dress sitting on the bed.

• Love 1

I think the girls should just hang out together they have great fun and chemistry. I so far don’t have issues with any of the women but I know that could change.  I do have issues with Brandon, Michael and Zach and I’m not expecting that to change.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Ugh.  Zach is a self-centered, self-important asshole, but man, Mindy is high maintenance.  Always wanting to have conversations about “where they are.”  No thanks. 
Meka is angry, and she will never let it go. I agree with her anger, but carrying it around like that isn’t good for anyone.  
I too was icked out by her leg rubbing. 

At least Mindy is trying to figure out if the marriage can work or not, she wasn’t expecting to marry a self centred egomaniac and then he throws her an occasional bone....I don’t think Meka has anything to work with in her relationship with Michael, he seems so aloof.  I can’t imagine their disappointment this early in the marriage.

Edited by endure
  • Love 15

Michael is in hog heaven in his own hotel room...he can order room service breakfast all day.

Meka, trust your instincts ....something about Michael is hanky......

Zach’s head is very very far up his ass.

Mindy, your incessant jabbering Is an ice pick to my brain.

Brandon is intimidated by Taylor who is absolutely disappointed in Brandon.

Nothing but fake fakery at the couples’ dinner especially by Zach and Mindy.

Mindy don’t fall the trap of being vulnerable with Zach....he will turn it against you.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

What Taylor did is kinda creepy, I wouldn't like it either.  But I agree, Brandon needs to put on his big boy pants and tell her how he's feeling.

Normally cameras in my face make me feel the same way.  ("Some kind of way" 😄) . But since she was taking his picture while being filmed on a camera he agreed to?  No need for an all day silent treatment dude.

4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Zacks stupid hat has gone to his head.  He thinks he’s a movie star or a super model.

Was he wearing a hat that I missed or are you all joking about his hair?  I think he wears it so high because he's insecure about being short.  I liked Katie better after she pointed his shortness out 😄 

18 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Even Jessica's and Austin's kissing was awkward. I don't think she'd had much practice. 

I think they are just awkward as is and more awkward for the cameras.  I still like them the best.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 9

I haven't read any posts yet so this is a completely cold version of what I think so far.  I think Mindy and Taylor are being too optimistic.  Perhaps it's a defense mechanism but they really need to get with reality about the douche bags each of them has married.  Brandon is a big fat baby and acted like a basket case about something he should have known was intended innocently and in the spirit of the celebration.  Get over yourself already, asshole!  Does he perpetually see himself as a victim to some big bad woman?  What a douche!  And then to act clueless about how off his behavior was?  He caved to apologizing for it but geez Louise, he's way too hung up on himself to have a mature relationship with anyone, let alone someone he obviously feels is too good/too much for him.  I don't think it sunk in when Taylor pointed out how off it was for him to just avoid her for an entire day and not even explain why.  She is being waaaaaaay too forgiving of this.  I also couldn't get over how she was acting like everything was fine to the other couples while the reality was anything but.  Does she forget that the audience will know she's hiding the truth?

Zach's word salad is up there with the worst I've ever heard.  I kept replaying what he was saying to Mindy and it's no wonder she was wearing those puzzled expressions.  He is FOS and a total BS artist.  There is no way he is ever going to find her attractive, so that relationship is doomed.  Being shallow again, but I've decided that she would be a lot more attractive if she gained 10-20 lbs.  I think most of the problem with her appearance could be solved by that.  It would take care of that gaunt, skeletal look and give her some well needed curves.  It would also make her teeth look smaller if her face was a little fuller.  I can just imagine that she looks even thinner in person because the camera usually adds 10-20 lbs.!  I have no idea why she isn't realizing that her relationship is already doomed.   Why belabor it?

I think Meka is more of a realist about her relationship with Michael than either Mindy or Taylor.   She knows it's doomed even though she's trying to make the best of it.  I really felt for her when the two lovey-dovey couples were celebrating their success so far.  I don't know why but I feel like the juxtaposition this season is cruel.  It seems unfair and hurtful for the unlucky couples to have to sit there and watch the lucky matches glow about their great relationships. 

Michael doesn't seem like a bad guy but what an idiot to make a stupid comment like that!  I don't know if it's me or what, but the couples this season seem to be over-analyzing everything to the point of ruining things.  Being overly open and honest to the point of putting someone off so early in a relationship when things are precarious to begin with and people are still forming their opinions and feelings about each other does not serve healthy communication.  Is production putting them up to being so blunt and harsh?  The experts have tried to make it sound like this is just the way Michael and Zach are, but it seems a little coincidental to me that both of them have said some pretty blunt and hurtful things right off the bat on like day 2 of the marriage.  I also wonder if it's an age/generation thing.  The millennial tendency to over-disclose is often not a good thing.  Relationships require knowing when and how to make your feelings known but if you are too immature and following bad advice you'll in effect punch someone in the face with it and do more damage to the relationship than help.  I get it that the experts don't want them keeping the truth from each other and it's probably better to know sooner rather than later, but geez, hitting below the belt on day freaking 2??  If there were any chances of those relationships working out in time those hurtful comments just ruined them. 

Edited by Yeah No
Too much blank space at the end of the post.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

I just couldn't keep my eyes off of the black mold in the hot tub.  Seriously, I can't believe any of those girls even got in there.  I think I noticed mold somewhere else and grossed out too, but I can't remember where.  ETA: It was in the shower with Jessica and Austin. Come on Westin, get on the ball. 

Zach is an expert BSer.  Even before Mindy said it, I thought "he's talks and talks and says nothing".  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I really wish men could stop being generalized. People are different. People have different reactions to different situations.

I was just having a conversation with some guys I was watching the show with at work. We were all talking about how much we hate the women we are dating giving the silent treatment or running away for space and stuff like that. For us, we just hate that notion. You can't work or fix anything if you don't communicate. We actually like to talk with significant other.

I have enough common sense to know that we have to talk or communicate to work through things regardless of my gender.

Which is why Brandon was driving nuts this episode.

Use your words man damn. You are not single anymore. You can't walk around operating like you only have to worry about yourself.

I have no idea what Zach is talking about half the time. I think he just wants to say I'm not that into but doesn't know how to say it without being an a hole.

The intermingling of couples is rough. You got two couples firmly in the honeymoon phase and three other couples going through some shit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Mindy, grab a sandwich and get over here. Your dad wasn’t wrong, call him. Then back the crap away from your black-hatted, dysfunctional AF “husband.” Let him know you’re taking word salad off the menu. Then chill the hell down, this will all be over soon. (No, really, tone it way down please, don’t make me mute you.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

What Taylor did is kinda creepy, I wouldn't like it either.  But I agree, Brandon needs to put on his big boy pants and tell her how he's feeling.

I saw the clip of when she did it and it looked to me like it was well intended and a compliment.  She thought he looked cute and it was a sweet gesture.  I don't get why people these days like Brandon are so quick to take everything the wrong way.  And not only the wrong way but his OTT over-reaction was way creepier and strange than what she did, IMHO.  He seems to have a lot of hang ups like that.

5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Mindy got caught up in her attraction to Zach, basing her excitement on his looks. She’s as shallow as he is. If she wasn’t attracted to him and he said that she would be on the couch, or out of there. 

I loved how she told Zach not to assume that she's attracted to him because it's not about that for her, blah, blah, blah.  She is as FOS as he is, LOL.  Anyone can see that she is totally into his appearance to the point of not wanting to face reality about his being a narcissistic douche and his lack of attraction for her!

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know why but I feel like the juxtaposition this season is cruel.  It seems unfair and hurtful for the unlucky couples to have to sit there and watch the lucky matches glow about their great relationships. 

Yea, that whole dinner where some of the couples were kind of demanding to know everyone's consummation status was super uncomfortable and not in a fun to watch way. I believe the couples should be 100% honest about their situation with the experts, especially if they are having issues regarding sex, but there's no reason they should feel pressured to either disclose to the others or keep up with the others. It really felt like Brandon quickly set up the romantic tableaux for Taylor after hearing about Derek's sexual success, and although she claimed to be impressed and excited by it, I thought she was trying to prove they were at the "correct" stage in their relationship after hearing about the others. It makes everything feel way less organic if the couples are treating it like a competition.

Meka seems utterly miserable. I don't care who's to blame for their current status, but they need to let that woman leave. For whatever reason she's coming across as legitimately traumatized. Let her go and provide her some after care. I can't imagine it's going to get any better for her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

Brandon my dude, if you don't like cameras all up in your face and like your space, reality is not the space for you. Between the thing with Taylor and him being pissy with production, he won't be a good fit for this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

It was a weird? episode to watch. The couples seem to be together more then usual on the honeymoon and we had 2 very happy couples, one in between couple and 2 struggling couples on day 3-4. I almost feel like if they are going to have 5 couples that if 2 couples are struggling they should be mostly off camera. They should be talking to experts and working on basics without the camera around. Then let us see the happy Katie and Derrick and Jess and Austin and then the stressful pairing of Brandon and Taylor (but at least they have their happy moments). 

If Brandon is having a hard time with the camera, the show should let him talk to a past contestant like AJ. AJ was clear he did not like filming but he and Steph found a way to deal with it and be successful. The show needs to use its resources and help these couples. I know they like drama for TV but I felt a little bad watching because these are people's lives. All I could think of was this episode of the old TV show Step by Step when Dana goes to take a test to see what career she should consider. She is shocked to find out it is prison guard and goes to question the expert that graded her test and finds out all the expert do is use a dartboard to choose the career and there is no testing. I kind of feel like these matches were paired with a dartboard? because I see no real reasons for any of the matches beyond , want to be married, love kids, sense of humor, just vague broad terms,

Edited by silverspoons
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Mindy is a horse face and Zach isn't attracted to her. He's made it clear to her several times and he didn't take advantage and have sex with her even though he could have on the first night if he wanted and who can blame him with the no showering. 

Edited by Leilani
  • Love 4

i don't get Michael, as I understand him fine when he's talking to Meka, but he must be a total jerk in person otherwise.  Nonetheless, Meka seems to be an insecure headcase to boot.

Mindy is also very talkative, but too bad for her Zach cannot string together anything sensible.

Both couples, imo, should avoid the meta discussions about the state of their relationship and just try relating.

• Love 6

Wow. Wondering if some of these people are just nuts. Taylor survives Brandon’s hissy fit and BS excuse and then proceeds to compare him to every miserable animal in the zoo.  Kept waiting for him to do something awful to her.  

Michael and Zach have taken talking in circles to art form. Seems Michael’s one and only thought can be summed up in one sentence:  No sex, no go. What he was babbling about at the group dinner had all of them looking at him as if he had three heads. He threw in our pal Cal’s friend word but doesn’t seem to buy into it. Threaten, sex, feel married, then ring, whatever. Yikes. I’m not convinced Zack has any real thoughts and that it’s just an empty head attached to an annoying pouf.  I was hoping that the rats on the beach that night would eat him. 

Not a surprise that Mindy’s approach to this “experiment” has now become “Avoid disappointment.  Aim low.” She probably should stick to that rather than constantly analyzing this clown. 

Meka seems serious as a heart attack 24/7.  He’s no day at the Panamanian beach but I don’t think she’s been happy since she started this mess. The only thing they have in common is that they both seem to like tie dye.  

Jessica annoys me but they apparently get along so ok for them. Katie mentioned  something to the girls that sounded as if she’s questioning things, in spite of her current state of happy feet? I don’t dislike Derek yet but he could be in for a nasty surprise. 

Next week looks like more crazy with Mindy deciphering tool bag’s list of cringeworthy requirements. Where do they find them...

• Love 11