Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Trouble in Paradise

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Jessica & Austin are so freaky together. I didn't think either one of them knows how to kiss - that scene was so uncomfortable to watch.

So that is what we looked like when we played spin the bottle in middle school and kissed our crush for the first time...

Geeky, awkward, and afraid our teeth would accidentally bash together

Or our braces would cut the other's lip...

Worried that slobber was leaking out the sides of our mouths....

Wondering who should pull back and stop first...

Wishing we had eaten a tic tac or chewed a piece of Hubba Bubba closer to this momentous occasion

Or for the older folk... taken a drop of Binaca... or a Sen Sen for the real OG

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Wow.  This is a reality show. So yes, AT LEAST he manned up and apologized instead of letting her twist in the wind any longer.  (If that had happened to Meka, she would have held it over a dude's head for years.  LOL)  

We'll have to agree to disagree about Brandon manning up.

I think there are a lot of bad communicators this season. I see Brandon as immature and defensive.

Right now Austin and Jessica are pulling a page from the Deonna/Greg playbook and keeping their drama - or lack thereof - to themselves. I'd rather watch them and their extremely cringeworthy kissing than listen to Zach circlesplain or Mindy analyzing their relationship to death.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, retired watcher said:

Oh Mindy. Stop talking and just have fun.

And get rid of those baggy sweats you wear all the time.  Get some cute outfits and new veneers that are way too big for your face.  Just trying to help.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, OnTime said:

Why the purple Westin hotel wristbands???

Does the hotel need to make sure they are guests and not crashing along with a camera crew?

Don't forget, they are at The Westin.

Some all inclusive resorts use wristbands of different colors to denote the "level" of guest you are. Your wristband color determines for the staff which services and even restaurants you're entitled to at the resort. So you wear your wristband around the resort. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I agree with you - I didn't mean to say that they shouldn't cast anyone with any issues. There wouldn't be anyone on the show of that were the case! But in order to really go through this process they need to lay out their cards and the experts need to try to give them advice on how to be a good partner once they're aware of their issues. I'd actually be way more invested in Brandon's story if he had disclosed a true mental health issue with the experts and wanted help finding a partner who could help him develop a strong relationship while living with it.

But sometimes the person might not know themselves that they have an issue.  And then again, the person would have to have been diagnosed correctly.

Edited by Neurochick
15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Mindy got caught up in her attraction to Zach, basing her excitement on his looks. She’s as shallow as he is. If she wasn’t attracted to him and he said that she would be on the couch, or out of there. 

This. She was giddy at being match with such a good looking man. (I know not everyone finds Zach attractive, but it's clear Mindy does.)

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Zach's word salad is up there with the worst I've ever heard.  I kept replaying what he was saying to Mindy and it's no wonder she was wearing those puzzled expressions.  He is FOS and a total BS artist.  There is no way he is ever going to find her attractive, so that relationship is doomed.  Being shallow again, but I've decided that she would be a lot more attractive if she gained 10-20 lbs.  I think most of the problem with her appearance could be solved by that.  It would take care of that gaunt, skeletal look and give her some well needed curves.  It would also make her teeth look smaller if her face was a little fuller.  I can just imagine that she looks even thinner in person because the camera usually adds 10-20 lbs.!  I have no idea why she isn't realizing that her relationship is already doomed.   Why belabor it?

I agree with the bolded, and believe Zach knows it. That's the reason for the world salad. It's either word salad or blurting out the truth. He's chosen the salad because he signed up for 8 weeks of filming.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

I agree with the bolded, and believe Zach knows it. That's the reason for the world salad. It's either word salad or blurting out the truth. He's chosen the salad because he signed up for 8 weeks of filming.

All these people are very self aware that they are on a reality TV show and that they will be judged for anything and everything.  On Twitter they called Michael, Zach and Brandon abusive.  So most of these folks are just too careful and not showing their authentic selves.  Like I said before, today people get slammed for just being a human being with flaws.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Liberty said:

25 yo Meka is nowhere near mature enough for the situation she finds herself in, yet the Poseurs cast her.  

To think that she imagines her husband should talk to her family the same way he talks to her is preposterous.  If she were mature or experienced enough to have replied on the airplane "well let's wait and see", or "don't rule it out", she might have created a different vibe for her honeymoon.  She is simply not experienced enough to realize it is acceptable to say different things to different people.  To think that having the film-crew record it would improve matters was poorly considered.  She finds it more important to be 'right' and shesplain her observations, than to be successful.  She thinks being 'right' is being successful.

I agree.  She is uncomfortable in many many ways, and too immature basically explains it.  Kinda like a 9th grader where everything is life or death,

• Love 7
1 hour ago, retired watcher said:
14 hours ago, OnTime said:

Does the hotel need to make sure they are guests and not crashing along with a camera crew?

When I've stayed at all inclusive they tell the staff what level you are. Most have private areas for their top tier guests. And if they allow under 18 it shows who can drink.

These are people on their honeymoon staying for free with a camera crew to promote the hotel on TV.  So there are only 10 people plus crew wearing purple!

Clearly the hotel knows who they are. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Soup333 said:

So would you rather -

Zach, who says a lot of words that ultimately mean nothing. 

OR

Bitchy Brandon who gets pissy, gives you the silent treatment and then makes slick ass, passive aggressive comments to everyone else about how you offended him but doesn’t speak to you about said offense until that evening. 

OR

Michael, who says one thing on camera and then another off camera?

These men are trash.

Thank you for summing this up so nicely. These men are trash, and unfortunately for us, they are STILL ON THE HONEYMOON!!!! Sweet Jesus, this season stinks! How many more weeks of these assholes sitting around talking about their relationship ad nauseam??? I am already sick of everyone except Derek (and I guess Katie since they are getting along), Jessica and Austin. This season is as bad as Season Two.

I have very little hope left for this show being anything but a shit show going forward after seeing Lifetime's ad for it touting TWO HOURS! MORE DRAMA!!! I guess I could live with it and tune in for the snark, but holy hell, it's just people sitting around awkwardly staring at each other or talking, talking and talking about the state of their "marriage".  It's not even interesting.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

That means that a) he disclosed it to the experts and they cast him anyway without advising him to be up front with Taylor about it so she can be prepared to deal with the fallout when it manifests or b) he didn't tell them about it when asked about any medical issues.

Now let's say he's just a spoiled brat who blames "panic attacks" (generic, non-clinical phrase that gets thrown around) any time he gets pissy so that he can shut down. He straight up said, "Any time that I have something going on, I typically just like to retreat." That means a) the experts discovered this during interviews and cast him anyway without any regard for Taylor or more likely b) he didn't tell them this when asked about his conflict resolution style and then just unleashed it on her, then "apologized 1000 times" and told her to get over it.

Call his momma and verify if he has panic attacks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I think there are a lot of bad communicators this season.

I agree. Brandon shutting down like that is poor communication. Zach's circular talking is terrible communication. Michael isn't a clear communicator either. Communication is really important. I've mentioned this before, but one of my best friends was with a man that she was fundamentally incompatible with, and the way in which they were incompatible was their communication style. It ended the relationship.

15 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

This. She was giddy at being match with such a good looking man. (I know not everyone finds Zach attractive, but it's clear Mindy does.)

I think so too. I read here that Zach told Mindy three times that he wasn't attracted to her, the first being on their wedding day. Every time I've told someone I wasn't attracted to them or had it said to me, it was a final thing. "I'm not attracted to you so we should stop seeing each other." If a dude told me three times that he wasn't attracted to me, I'd be like, cool, so we're going to break up, and I wouldn't try to attract him anymore. Zach is clearly mindful of not looking like an asshole on TV, so that's why he does all this yammering when the cameras are on him and Mindy is talking about his attraction. I would bet that he was less verbose when he told her he wasn't attracted to her in private.

What I don't get is why he showed that hand so early. As I said, when I have heard or said "I'm not attracted to you," it's intended to end the involvement. If Zach saw Mindy walking down the aisle and thought "Nope!" he could have kept that to himself for at least a few days to see if he changed his mind.

Katie gets on my nerves but I laughed when she clowned Zach for being short (which is totally why he wears his hair so long on top, as someone else said). I'm very attracted to height.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

They are both 31. Jessica seems very accomplished in her nursing profession but both she and Austin come across as much younger. I agree they may not have had much dating experience.

And yet, they are acting the most normal and mature out of this bunch, with Derek and Katie a close second. Notice that these two couples are enjoying the activities at the resort and just hanging out rather than just sitting around talking about their relationship over, and over and over again. I think Taylor would be up for that but her asshole wasn't speaking to her all day. The biggest truth was when she said he was acting like a little bitch, which he was. His apology was trash as well. It was more like when someone says "I'm sorry you're upset", which takes no ownership for the wrongdoing that person did. I'm glad she didn't just accept that from him.

• Love 13

There's a part of me that feels sorry for Mindy. It must suck to be basically rejected on TV. The relationship is indeed doomed.  Zach is a jerk for many reasons, but not for not being attracted to Mindy.  Sometimes you just know what you know.    I think she's attractive and probably isn't used to such early rejection like this.

Brandon.  Yikes.  I've had panic attacks; they are terrible.  Mine are where I just want to run out of my house into the air.  I don't think he had one; I think he just got pissed and can't express his emotions.  That would trouble me.  Despite being filmed for a show, I could def understand him not being happy being filmed while he was sleeping.  The other thing that killed me was the rose petals and champagne.  Dude, find another trick instead of the one someone else just did.

Austin/Jessica.  I like their dorkiness. I hope these two work out.  They look cute together. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I think Mindy doesn't understand that Zach is not attracted to her.

I think she does and Zach had apparently made her aware of that three times by that point according to Unfiltered. I think she just doesn't respect him for not being able to admit it on camera and throwing a bunch of lame ass word salad at her to save face. However, she's going about it the wrong way by 1) claiming that he should be worried if she's attracted to him - duh, if he's already not attracted to you why would he give a fuck about you being attracted to him, plus you have zero poker face and have been gushing over him since the wedding and 2) attempting to guilt trip him for being superficial, which will never work with a vain narcissist model. She will keep seeing "hope" in any breadcrumbs of affection because she's desperate and super horny for him. With that said, she and Meka are also ruining any chance of anything going in any positive direction by thinking that endless accusatory, justifiably self-righteous monologues are magically going to transform these douchebags into good husbands. Either make fun of them and goof around as friends or leave, but you can't salvage something that was never there and from personal experience as the talker, talking someone to death never changes the outcome and only makes the situation more painful.

BRANDON IS A FUCKING CRYBABY. What an emotionally constipated, gaslighting asshole to waste a day of their honeymoon on that elementary school bullshit. RUN Taylor! 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I think she does and Zach had apparently made her aware of that three times by that point according to Unfiltered. I think she just doesn't respect him for not being able to admit it on camera and throwing a bunch of lame ass word salad at her to save face. However, she's going about it the wrong way by 1) claiming that he should be worried if she's attracted to him - duh, if he's already not attracted to you why would he give a fuck about you being attracted to him, plus you have zero poker face and have been gushing over him since the wedding and 2) attempting to guilt trip him for being superficial, which will never work with a vain narcissist model.

Right! They're both trying to save face. He's conscious of not looking like an asshole on TV, and she's conscious of not looking thirsty. I think Mindy is very clear that Zach isn't attracted to her; she's just doing a version of "well, I didn't want him anyway!" in response.

Mindy is clearly attracted to him - she said coming down the aisle "He's so handsome, you guys!" to all assembled. She might be less attracted to him now that he's showed his ass a little bit, but she was on board at first sight.

She does need to stop having these temperature-taking conversations though, because they're always going to go the same way. Zach isn't going to say point-blank "I'm not into it" on camera but he can't fake being attracted to her so he's not going to say that either. She said something like "I don't care how you communicate it [which is unwise - she SHOULD care, because they each need to communicate in a way the other person can receive. That's what Zach was getting at when he mentioned that "words of affirmation," which is one of the five love languages, are important to Mindy], but you need to communicate that to me." But he CAN'T communicate to her that he's attracted to her, because he isn't.

They're a mess but pretty psychologically interesting, IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, OnTime said:

We recently were at a resort in Mexico that gave us wristbands. They were waterproof and had a plastic thingie on them that acts as your room key. Super handy - just tap your wrist on your door, and voila!

While Zach is as shallow as a puddle, I could kind of see where he was going in terms of trying to do things together that would put them at ease with each other and help develop a level of comfort that they would be able to talk about more personal stuff, and maybe attraction will grow. I know – giving him huge benefit of the doubt here… Instead, Mindy’s approach was basically just asking him to throw her a bone (not that kind of bone) and hounding him with questions about where they are in this marriage. He was not really articulating very well what I think he meant, and she was definitely not getting it.

I would have been just as pissed as Brandon if someone was filming me sleeping/snoring. I don’t believe he had a panic attack, unless his anger brought one on. His reaction was over the top. And while it is difficult to deal with the silent treatment, Taylor was making his withdrawal worse by continually trying to do things to for him throughout the day – although there’s no doubt she meant well. I don’t think they are at all compatible – too immature and too different personalities.

I don’t know what to think about Meka/Michael. I think she is very uptight and not very flexible. He is not being truthful about what he said to upset her, but I am not 100% sure that he said verbatim what she interpreted. And since it was off camera, we will never know.

I still love the adorkable Jessica and Austin, and really hope that they make it.

Katie and Derek are in deep infatuation – will see how long this stage lasts.

• Love 7

It's always interesting to see how a person (usually the guy) reacts on this show when they're clearly not attracted to the other person.  I guess some might have handled it better, but in general, they almost always get slammed.  It's not like they're physically or verbally abusing them off camera, but it's a problem because they want to come across as nice on camera.  I can't blame them for that. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I find him so irritating - he talks a lot and says nothing.

This!

I think I am pretty intelligent, but, huh, what the hell was he saying in such a very round about way?  dizzying......

• Love 3

I feel like Michael probably did say something along those lines or just straight up. Remember his family wanted her to know that his brand of communication and humour is an acquired taste. Read: jackass. Last week he said yes and no. I could see him making a comment like if we don’t have sex within x frame, the marriage might not work. Maybe he’s used to women throwing themselves at him. Regardless, it’s not my place to say Meka is overreacting or whatever. Something he said or how he said it completely turned her off and made her feel unsafe and like she can’t trust him. It’s not unheard of for the men to have two faces. This has been a recurring theme for years. Nick and Sonia were having sex, and he wanted to hide it and act completely uninterested. Meka’s feelings are valid, and his behaviour isn’t making things better either. My husband has irked the soul out of my frame before, and I still kept my rings on. His BS excuse? No, sir. Stick a fork in them. They’re done.

Brandon is just...wow. Does he have some type of personality disorder? Taylor brought him a drink, and he refused it. Then proceeded to go buy the same drink? The hell kind of sense does that make? He’s immature and an ineffective communicator. The silent treatment is what my four year old gives me. Not cool for a grown ass man to behave like that.

Mindy needs to give up. Word Salad King Zach isn’t interested in her at all. It’s pathetic to watch her get moist over him breadcrumbing and dangling carrots.

Rooting for Derek (not particularly a fan of Katie) and Austin and Jessica.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, absolutelyido said:

I think its quite possible that she thought he was handsome when she first saw him, but now no longer finds him  attractive.  Narcissism, inability to string together a coherent sentence, and telling someone that "you aren't my type" are big turn-offs.  Add that to the fact that the sun and the Panama heat are not doing his looks any favors.  He starting to look mottled and greasy to me.  

I agree with everyone who said this was a big casting mistake.  It was obvious that Zach was looking for more conventional arm-candy.  Had he been a bit more flexible, or had Mindy been a bit more self-confident and fun-loving, there was a slim chance that it might have worked, or at least worked well enough to make a plausible story line for the show.   But with these personalities, no.  

I'm sure enormous pressure is put on these folks not to call it quits right away but, with these two, I see no point.  It's never going to work and we all know it.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, lizajane said:

We recently were at a resort in Mexico that gave us wristbands. They were waterproof and had a plastic thingie on them that acts as your room key. Super handy - just tap your wrist on your door, and voila!

While Zach is as shallow as a puddle, I could kind of see where he was going in terms of trying to do things together that would put them at ease with each other and help develop a level of comfort that they would be able to talk about more personal stuff, and maybe attraction will grow. I know – giving him huge benefit of the doubt here… Instead, Mindy’s approach was basically just asking him to throw her a bone (not that kind of bone) and hounding him with questions about where they are in this marriage. He was not really articulating very well what I think he meant, and she was definitely not getting it.

Confidence is sexy; insecurity is not.  I would guess that she sensed immediately what he didn't want to say -- that he wasn't attracted to her.  She probably forced that "I'm not building an attraction..." comment.   And he was trying to tell her exactly that during that dinner.  He liked her confidence.  Instead of contrast temperature checks, don't force things.  Focus on having fun. 

That said, they're on a show where she is supposed to stick it out for what 8 weeks, instead of being able to say "fuck of."    I'm sure it's hard not to ask questions, not to try to look for some crumb. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Soup333 said:

So would you rather -

Zach, who says a lot of words that ultimately mean nothing. 

OR

Bitchy Brandon who gets pissy, gives you the silent treatment and then makes slick ass, passive aggressive comments to everyone else about how you offended him but doesn’t speak to you about said offense until that evening. 

OR

Michael, who says one thing on camera and then another off camera?

These men are trash.

uh, i'll take Austin, no thanks to these guys

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I had closed captioning on last night which confirmed that Michael, while talking to the other guys, said we'll cross that GRAP when we get to it.  I know we all misspeak from time to time but that was a weird one. I was also quite surprised to hear him say that he got a new job (apparently while he was off in his own room having breakfast he had some sort of job interview) and was a school principal. One of the reasons this surprised me was because of something that had been written about him in the spoilers. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

It's always interesting to see how a person (usually the guy) reacts on this show when they're clearly not attracted to the other person.  I guess some might have handled it better, but in general, they almost always get slammed.  It's not like they're physically or verbally abusing them off camera, but it's a problem because they want to come across as nice on camera.  I can't blame them for that. 

The girls who aren’t attracted to the guys are usually more verbal and honest about their lack of attraction , whereas the guys tend to say they think the girl is beautiful .. but their actions don’t show it and they are just distant with them . The men tend to beat around the bush .. but no one was worse than luke . Yikes that was a brutal relationship 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

One of the reasons this surprised me was because of something that had been written about him in the spoilers. 

In the beginning he was proud of being an "education director".  Googled it and "Education directors, also known as instructional coordinators, direct and shape the curricula and teaching processes in a school or school district. ... They provide training in the use of educational materials and techniques."

Not certain Michael fits in this role, or salary range.  His vocabulary and syntax is a few words short of a leader.

We have a lot of undefined or ill-defined job titles on this show , ie "High Yield Bond Trader", plenty of "Account Executives", and when he announced his new job was a "principal", it was not startling.  Time to grap back to basis.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Watching Jessica and Austin kiss is like seeing a brother and sister do it. 

Or maybe just two people who are not comfortable having a full make out session on camera. From their coy responses at dinner, I am guessing more went on than "kissing and cuddling" when they were behind closed doors.

I think that scene was the only time Meka took the giant stick out of her rear when she laughingly joked to blink once for sex, twice if not......

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

And yet, they are acting the most normal and mature out of this bunch, with Derek and Katie a close second. Notice that these two couples are enjoying the activities at the resort and just hanging out rather than just sitting around talking about their relationship over, and over and over again. I think Taylor would be up for that but her asshole wasn't speaking to her all day. 

This is exactly what I was going to say!  Quit "communicating" and have some fun and get to know each other.

18 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Or maybe just two people who are not comfortable having a full make out session on camera. From their coy responses at dinner, I am guessing more went on than "kissing and cuddling" when they were behind closed doors.

I noticed at the end of the night all the camera caught of them was their bedroom doors closing 😄 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

The girls who aren’t attracted to the guys are usually more verbal and honest about their lack of attraction , whereas the guys tend to say they think the girl is beautiful .. but their actions don’t show it and they are just distant with them . The men tend to beat around the bush .. but no one was worse than luke . Yikes that was a brutal relationship 

Season 2 Jackie was slammed for saying she was not attracted to Ryan Basement when she first saw him. Ryan Basement thought she was beautiful. 
The irony was she began to really like him and he had a girl on the side.

I think when the woman is not attracted, she can get over it like Jaimie Otis and Jackie. I think Jephte was the only guy who got over the initial non attraction of his wife and he has cheated on her since, though they are still married.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 10

Zack honey we all know that describing yourself as brutally honest is code for "I'm an asshole." It's pretty obvious you just signed up for this "experiment"  because you thought it would benefit your supposed career as a male model. (insert massive eye roll here).

Brandon, being pissy to someone all day because they annoyed you is NOT a panic attack. 

• Love 17

Maybe something is wrong with me but I don't find what Brandon did all that important.  He was pissy to Taylor all day, oh well, they worked it out.  To me it doesn't make him a psycho or a gastlighter or anything.

I don't think the men are any more horrible than the women.  Michael may be a jerk, but Meka's very immature; she sounds like a middle school girl; I half expect her to say, "OMG, I thought I was gonna DIE."

Zach is full of himself, but I can't stand Mindy either.  Her problem was that she thought Zach was THE HOTTEST.  He's okay, but I've seen hotter.

Austin and Jessica look like they stepped right out of a VC Andrews novel (if you don't know who she is, Google her).

There's something I don't like about Taylor, she reminds me of girls who think their shit doesn't stink.  I bet guys always tell her she looks JUST LIKE BEYONCE.

I'm waiting for the day that Katie calls her ex.

Love her reviews.  Love what she said about Michael taking off his ring.  And it made me think about what Michael said in the beginning, that he's the first person in his family to marry.   Family dynamics do play a role in this.  If you grew up never seeing a married couple, maybe you don't know what to do when you are married.  I also liked what she said about Meka, that you really shouldn't share your business with your girlfriends.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

There's something I don't like about Taylor, she reminds me of girls who think their shit doesn't stink.  I bet guys always tell her she looks JUST LIKE BEYONCE.

I knew there was something I didn't like about her, besides her silly laughing.  She does act like her shit don't stink and I imagine all her life she's been told how attractive she is.  Any time you label yourself as "Beauty and Brains".....yeah. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think that, while she is attractive, Brandon just doesn't like her personality.  Not saying he might not have his own issues whatever they are, but I think that he just flat out doesn't like her.

15 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think the men are any more horrible than the women.  Michael may be a jerk, but Meka's very immature; she sounds like a middle school girl; I half expect her to say, "OMG, I thought I was gonna DIE."

When she called Pastor Cal, I swear I thought she was gonna say that Michael beat her up and raped her.

• Love 2

The experts matched Taylor and Meka with toddlers. I understand Brandon may have panicked when he woke up to a camera in his face, but giving his wife the silent treatment was extremely immature. Michael can just continue inhaling helium (squeaky voice), because I’m just over him at this point. That cock and bull story he gave about why he isn’t wearing his wedding ring was just pure nonsense. 
I can’t believe I’m about to defend Johnny Bravo. Zach talking in circles was him deflecting and trying desperately to escape an uncomfortable situation. He said in his talking head that he likes being able to joke around and being laid back, in addition to having serious conversations. Mindy seems to think that hitting over the head with the attraction stick will change his feelings, while he’s trying to build a foundation. 
At this point it’s Jessica and Austin/Katie and Derek for the win!!

• Love 5

Michael and Meka: Michael talking about "best practices" in a relationship would have me heading for the door right away. He comes across as such an arrogant jerk. Meka seems to be getting the edit that shows her as this angry black woman and I think that's a crock. She seems so pissed because Michael is a totally different person off camera than on and then smugly denies saying what the clearly heard him say. I can totally see how that would drive someone crazy.

Sorry, not buying it, Zack. He didn't mean what he said, he didn't want her to feel bad or whatever? What crap. Telling a person that there's no spark means there is no spark. He was in full on acting mode, complete with soap opera face, while talking to her and going on and on loving listening to himself talk and say nothing that made any sense at all. Mindy is getting pathetic to watch, lapping up and savoring his morsels of bullshit. 

The part where Brandon says "you woke me up with a camera in my face" when they were all sitting out in chairs was dubbed in. You can see his mouth at the very end of the comment and it's not moving, the voice sound is not the same as the "respect" comment that he made just prior and for the whole first part of that comment, his mouth was blocked. Nice try, Lifetime. I'm sure the show gives them the cameras to record themselves in the morning and at other parts of the day so for him to say, "Have you been taping me the whole time?" as if he had no clue that there were cameras to use was just bizarre. He looked enraged. I had a panic attack once. I have friends who get them on occasion and Brandon was full of it. He was seething and pissed off and I saw no signs of a panic attack while he was at the sink. 

Austin and Jessica and Derek and Katie seem to be getting on well. I'm not wild about either of the women but it seems they were matched well.

22 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

No effing way would I sit on that beach with whatever the hell was crawling across the sand.  

I noticed that too! I kept wondering what were those things walking back and forth. It freaked me out.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, OnTime said:

Most all inclusive resorts give you wristbands to allow you access to certain parts of the beach and to certain amenities. If there’s another resort close by, some parts of the beach and some restaurants may be off limits.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe something is wrong with me but I don't find what Brandon did all that important.  He was pissy to Taylor all day, oh well, they worked it out.  To me it doesn't make him a psycho or a gastlighter or anything.

Zach is full of himself, but I can't stand Mindy either.  Her problem was that she thought Zach was THE HOTTEST.  He's okay, but I've seen hotter.

Austin and Jessica look like they stepped right out of a VC Andrews novel (if you don't know who she is, Google her).

I'm waiting for the day that Katie calls her ex.

Love her reviews.  Love what she said about Michael taking off his ring.  And it made me think about what Michael said in the beginning, that he's the first person in his family to marry.   Family dynamics do play a role in this.  If you grew up never seeing a married couple, maybe you don't know what to do when you are married.  I also liked what she said about Meka, that you really shouldn't share your business with your girlfriends.

I agree with everything you said.