Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Clearing the Heir

• Start Topic

The ladies' quiet beach vacation goes crazy when Jennifer loses control. Jackie reveals a fascinating secret and Teresa tells the ladies the truth about her relationship with Joe Giudice

Airdate 01.22.2020

Teresa v. Margaret vis a vis the non-invite:  Margaret.  To paraphrase Ramona from season one of RHNYC, “not everybody gets invited to everything.”

BA3FBB4F-D178-4749-9113-EAB27957FA94.jpeg.f4c74e1c2e87e2ce11580fdece06ff08.jpeg

Spoiler

7E101A6A-4F67-4B83-8C48-E762C5C998B0.jpeg.7e28f30afe32574999b82327f485f132.jpeg

Teresa v. Margaret vis a vis policing friendships:  shut the fuck up about Hitler and Charles Manson and Danielle already.  You don’t have control over who Teresa (or Marty) hangs out with!

I think the expression Teresa is looking for is “mutual combat.”  Margaret and Danielle both did fucked up things to each other at that store.  No one has the high ground there.

I think Margaret in her orange sweater and the jeans that are form-fitted, but not busting at the seams, is a very attractive look for Margaret.  I wish she would style herself this way more often.  

Melissa, scrambling around, trying to get everyone drunk, bitching that people aren’t behaving to her standards (Teresa came in hot, Margaret should have invited Teresa, have wine, have tequila, I’m crazy fun vacation Melissa!!) is already annoying my tits off.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Crazy eyes too crazy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

I hope Jennifer’s husband makes enough money that her kids don’t figure out the hard way that family money happens because you are careful about how you spend.  It’s enough to have it, you don’t need to flaunt it.

@LibertarianSlut, that extreme closeup of Ramona should come with a warning. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

Jackie saying that money can’t buy class while wearing a lime green tank with pleather pants is interesting.  Her philtrum is Botoxed so heavily that she’s developing a lisp, because it doesn’t recede like it should.  

I don’t think Jennifer’s questions at the first night’s dinner were intrusive.  You can’t ask someone how many properties they have these days?  I am so confused.  That’s not a personal question to me.  Jennifer was really excited about Jackie’s good fortune in that moment.  I would be flattered if someone showed me this much positive attention, unless I had something to hide...

Jackie tells Evan she would “never” ask someone how much money they have (which Jennifer didn’t ask), but she defended to the end that she questioned whether Teresa’s husband would be in jail if she could control him?  Double standard much?  I say, let it all hang out, but maybe that’s because I’m a viewer with no skin in the game, ha.  

Would it be too personal to ask how many square feet the house is?  I want to know, but I don’t want to breach etiquette.

Dolores was spot-on that Jennifer was curious about the way people spend.  And there might be a bit of envy mixed in.  And it was getting awfully repetitive.  I understand why she cares, but not why she cares this much.  Jackie’s not cheap either, from what we’ve seen on the show.  Wouldn’t someone who was cheap charge them to stay in the house?

I’m not mad that Margaret outed Jennifer for talking about Jackie, because when they were in Jamaica, Jennifer was mighty quick to tell Jackie that Dolores said she didn’t consider her a friend at the table.  

I don’t think Margaret was joking about Jackie not eating.  She said Jackie had an eating thing, which she does.  I’m kinda Team Margaret there.  

That final argument about whether a pizza party for kids was sufficient was very mainstream for Housewives, even early Housewives.  Melissa had no call to jump in there and say that the people who spend are fucking idiots and they will all be screwed in 30 years (and naming yourself as a guilty party doesn’t mitigate it IMO).  That’s insulting to the people who spend who are sitting at the table.  You don’t know they’re going to be broke unless you’ve seen their bank statements and tax returns.  Why is it no one’s business to say something complimentary about someone’s portfolio, but it’s ok to call them a fucking idiot?  I’ll never get that.  

My conclusion is that there is serious financial stress in the House of Gorga.  It wouldn’t have struck such a nerve if there wasn’t.  If there’s something being said at the table, Melissa has every right to give her opinion, but to get so vehement so quickly was uncalled for.  If Teresa did it, Melissa would do a talking head and tell everyone in sight that her sister-in-law was fucking crazy.  

Jennifer throwing silverware?  Really?  Super unexciting and classless and...just not the proper reaction.  Not for nothing, but kind of proving everyone right.  

This episode brought to you by the ever-subtle CHA NEL.  

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

How the hell are they able to coordinate these calls from Joe from f'in ICE?! That was such a weird call. Are they pre recorded and its slick editing? Is he even there? How does this happen! Dolores called Teresa "Teresa Gorga" in that car scene.  The stage is being set.

Frank calling Dolores the C-word and Dolores saying it's not a big deal doesn't surprise me. This is the group where Joe Gorga once bragged he didn't do it (I'm not sure I believe that but that's another topic.)

Jennifer was obsessed with Jackie's money. I think Jackie does things like the birthday party as just a show of trying to be the one who doesn't do those kinds of things  (that party was fine but I would not be shocked if there was another unfilmed one.) Jennifer was just being tacky from envy. She's a top notch shit stirrer though.

Jackie's never mentioned being kosher/religious but I winced a little when I saw Melissa making bacon in a Jewish woman's kitchen. 

Melissa had a moment of clarity about the parties but watch Antonia will have a ridiculous Sweet 16.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This episode brought to you by the ever-subtle CHA NEL.  

LOL!  Honestly, Jennifer is constantly telling everyone what label she is wearing, she seems very insecure.  Maybe if she stopped buying all the designer clothes she too could afford the Hampton's.

I am not impressed by the kitchen in the beach house and the cookware looks like it has seen better days but I get it, it's partly a rental and Jackie is not in to the newest, better, best big name stuff but if I was renting that place I would want some good cookware, something that is not coated in years of wear.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I think I’m in the minority, but I like Melissa and while the Tarzan business is gross, Joe is awfully good to his nieces.  Good for her pointing out the ridiculousness of the wasting money on birthday parties.  
Even Theresa knows that it’s tacky to drag someone over how much they spend on birthday parties, but she sticks by her little loyal soldier, Jen.

• Love 22
42 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Jackie saying that money can’t buy class while wearing a lime green tank with pleather pants is interesting.  Her philtrum is Botoxed so heavily that she’s developing a lisp, because it doesn’t recede like it should.  

Would it be too personal to ask how many square feet the house is?  I want to know, but I don’t want to breach etiquette.

I gawped at the same comment by Jackie. She and Dolores are the least fashionable of the group. Jackie consistently looks borderline trashy and Dolores looks frumpy.

According to Google, Jackie's Hampton's home is 2,200 sq ft and Jackie bought it in 2012 for $2.5mil. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/817-Dune-Rd-Westhampton-Beach-NY-11978/32721059_zpid/

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Was there a reason we needed to see everyone's drink order at the Hampton's restaurant? And Dolores' order of honey chicken wings. 

Jen's obsession with Jackie's checkbook was... odd and, unsurprisingly for Jen, tacky.

• Love 9

This is the dumbest argument.  

2 twin boys - middle school age?  They want bball and pizza.  Their friends want bball and pizza.  They get bball and pizza.  Everybody wins. Boys love party.  

1 middle school girl.  Birthday parties = social status.  Invites matter.  The party matters.  God forbid the 11 year old girls are bored at the birthday party, then it was a bad party.  Combine that with the mommy-wars to outdo each other, and you have Gabbys party.  But it isn't ever going to stop the social aggression that exists between girls and women.

These are two completely different animals.  Stop acting like they are the same.  They aren't.

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Jennifer is just jealous of Jackie, plain and simple.  She was shocked to hear about Jackie's money and blown away by that Hamptons house.  Hell, I was blown away by it, too.  Although the homes in that area did seem pretty close to each other - not like the other Hamptons homes we've seen on RHONY - but, that view!!!!  (I'll deal with close next door neighbors to have that amazing view, an oceanfront pool and be stairway away from the sand!)

Jennifer is probably wearing out her fingers googling real estate/properties that are bigger and better.  Jennifer was practically green with envy when Jackie was dropping those little financial security bombs during dinner.  When Jennifer was rapid fire questioning Jackie, I got shades of Bethenny Frankel when she would start interrogating someone about something that she didn't know about them and thought she should.  It wasn't just a friendly interest - this was just being nosey because she was envious that someone else could possibly be more wealthy than she.  It wasn't the questions Jennifer asked - it was the way she asked them.  She finally figured out that maybe she was overstepping and threw in that "if you don't mind me asking" as an afterthought - never thinking that Jackie would respond with "I do mind" and Jackie not answering the question!  Good for Jackie.

But, could you imagine Jennifer's kids hanging out at a beach house - actually swimming in the pool and boogie boarding or surfing in the ocean?  Eating hamburgers off the grill and s'mores from a beach bonfire?  No???  Well, I can't imagine them doing any of that stuff, but I can totally see Jackie's kids doing all that and more. I can't even imagine Jennifer's kids actually going outside at all.  "It's too hot out"...."I don't liiiike the sand"...."I'm bored"...."The ocean's too cold/rough/fishy"...."Make the pool hotter!!!  Turn on the heater - NOW!" - these are all the things I could hear Jennifer's kids saying.  

I actually liked Melissa at the lunch, trying to explain to Jennifer that overspending on stupid things is not helping their kids much.  She is 100% right, and hopefully, she'll start heeding her own advice (although I doubt it-it looks like she and Joe just dropped a stupid amount of money on a inlet facing home in Toms River - a nice house, probably not far from where she grew up, but hardly the waterviews of Jackie's), and cutting back on the frivolous spending to put something aside for her kids' future.  Jennifer not understanding what Melissa meant just goes to show how mercenary Jennifer is.  She couldn't understand that Melissa was saying that Jackie and her husband will have quite a nice inheritance to potentially leave their kids in 30 years from now, and Melissa and Jennifer may not - not that Jennifer's kids would not be successful.  Jennifer was so off base on that.  She wasn't listening to Melissa - she was too busy trying to defend her stupid, low comments to Jackie.  

I'm not a fan of Jackie's, but I was with her 1000%.  I think that this is the only time we've seen her get so visibly upset - she is usually very cool and collected - it looked like she had actual tears in her eyes and she was angry - but, she kept her cool, unlike Jennifer who immediately starts throwing silverware.  Jackie is actually starting to grow on me a little.  I still think she's a know-it-all and thinks she's above the other women, but she's becoming a little more likeable.

And Jennifer is quickly becoming Danielle Staub's understudy with the shit stirring, lashing out and throwing of miscellaneous tableware, without all the other crazy associated with Danielle.   

I agree with everything you stated except that Mel and Joe's new house is directly on Barnegat Bay.  Not on an inlet.  I wouldn't mind that view.  Especially if you sail or have a motor boat.

https://realityblurb.com/2019/07/16/exclusive-rhonjs-melissa-gorga-and-husband-joe-buy-975k-new-jersey-shore-house-see-photos-of-inside-and-the-beautiful-views/

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I agree with everything you stated except that Mel and Joe's new house is directly on Barnegat Bay.  Not on an inlet.  I wouldn't mind that view.  Especially if you sail or have a motor boat.

https://realityblurb.com/2019/07/16/exclusive-rhonjs-melissa-gorga-and-husband-joe-buy-975k-new-jersey-shore-house-see-photos-of-inside-and-the-beautiful-views/

I stand corrected - thanks for the clarification!  I'll go back and edit my post.  Looking at those photos, they do have a gorgeous view.  

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Jennifer is just jealous of Jackie, plain and simple.

Your whole post PLUS that plate of chicken wings! 

The kids being set up for the future went from my mind to Melissa's lips.

Isn't Mel a shady little mofo now too? Picking up on Jackie's life tips and trying to apply them. Okay.

Jennifer was gaining some favor from me previously but I'm on the other side now.  And I love Marge still. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

How the hell are they able to coordinate these calls from Joe from f'in ICE?! That was such a weird call. Are they pre recorded and its slick editing? Is he even there? How does this happen! Dolores called Teresa "Teresa Gorga" in that car scene.  The stage is being set.

I'm still stuck on the post from last week comparing Juicy's calls to" Charlie" on Charlie's Angels.. ROFL...

How controlled is ICE when it comes to communications? Jail gets a call or two... Prison gets scheduled earned time.. I mean surely people in an ICE facility aren't spending all day talking to whomever whenever the mood hits them..

In this day of technological progressions - I wouldn't be surprised if there was an "actor" doing the voice-over with the calling. Joe communicates what he would say by email (which would make more sense to have more email privileges than phone calls)  for a certain situation, and then the actor places the call, right on queue and topic for Tre to answer. 

• Love 1

I don't think Jennifer should criticize Jackie for how much she spends on her children's birthday parties. But to play devil's advocate, when that episode aired Jackie did get a lot of criticism here about her party. And I really don't think it had much to do with money, I think it was effort. People noted that party planning wasn't Jackie's thing and encouraged her to outsource. 

Anyways. Mommy wars are the worst. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. You don't need to break the bank on a child's birthday party but you still want to create a special moment for them.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

And I really don't think it had much to do with money, I think it was effort.

Exactly!  

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Did I mishear Dolores or did she say that she doesn’t try on clothes in public when they were shopping.

I get it. I'm like that too and I know other people who feel that way as well for a variety of reasons.  It creeps me out knowing that some stores have surviellance within the dressing rooms.  I also would rather try things on with the right shoes, etc.  

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Tre did not know who Charles Manson was, not surprised, not even a little surprised.

I don't know.  Teresa was only three years old at the time of the murders and she doesn't strike me as someone who keeps up with pop culture or most news stories outside of her immediate area unless they deal with something catastrophic on a global or national level.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Soooo Jennifer is cool with kids coming to her house just because she throws awesome and memorable parties? To me she does this to get her kids friends and any friends gotten this way are the wrong friends. It’s a disservice to her kids and implies they can’t get friends on their own merits. Poor Gabby thinking all these kids are there for her only to be bullied in school, probably by those same kids. I liked that party for Jackie’s kids. The boys had friends over and just played and did something they loved. And what middle school kid wouldn’t wan pizza??? 100% the party should be about the kids and not the parents.

Oh and Jennifer’s implication that Jackie doesn’t spend money on her kids because she’s spending it on herself is just gross and paints her as a selfish parent which, from all we have seen, is not even close to the truth.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

I don't know.  Teresa was only three years old at the time of the murders and she doesn't strike me as someone who keeps up with pop culture or most news stories outside of her immediate area unless they deal with something catastrophic on a global or national level.  

Yes, I that sounds about right and actually I just don't see her reading the newspaper or watching the news very much because the world ends at the tip of her nose. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

This is the dumbest argument.  

2 twin boys - middle school age?  They want bball and pizza.  Their friends want bball and pizza.  They get bball and pizza.  Everybody wins. Boys love party.  

1 middle school girl.  Birthday parties = social status.  Invites matter.  The party matters.  God forbid the 11 year old girls are bored at the birthday party, then it was a bad party.  Combine that with the mommy-wars to outdo each other, and you have Gabbys party.  But it isn't ever going to stop the social aggression that exists between girls and women.

These are two completely different animals.  Stop acting like they are the same.  They aren't.

Exactly! As a mother of boys, at that age they just want to hang out and play with their friends, and their food of choice is usually pizza. Also, parents are less likely to stay for a party for that age group, even if there's a separate "adult table" (which the middle school boys will, most likely, find and devour anyway). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, TexasGal said:

What is the temperature for this trip?  Melissa has on a strappy top.  Margaret is wearing long sleeves.  The others are wearing jackets.  Huh?

May. Read it somewhere online that they were seen filming. And the fresh flowers in the house were tulips. Jackie also said something about the weather finally getting better so I want to say early May. 

10 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

1 middle school girl.  Birthday parties = social status.  Invites matter.  The party matters.  God forbid the 11 year old girls are bored at the birthday party, then it was a bad party. 

Facts ! Boy party and girl party (most of the time with exceptions of course) at that age are SO different! And I love your screen name. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

May. Read it somewhere online that they were seen filming. And the fresh flowers in the house were tulips. Jackie also said something about the weather finally getting better so I want to say early May. 

It's somewhere after Mother's Day which was the 12th of May last year. I'd bet pre-Memorial Day when Jackie would likely be renting which puts us firmly between the 12th and 24 (i'm discounting the full MDW). 

• Useful 1

Sometimes Jennifer seems like she's playing up for the cameras, and she is entertaining, but tonight I just kept seeing a bratty 12-year old.  It's sad that her children are more mature than she is.

On the other hand, she is right that Jackie is exhausting.  She's constantly offended by something.  Lighten up.  

Didn't Jackie admit earlier this season that her dad went to jail for fraud?  I thought the 'family money' reveal was interesting in light of that fact.  How did the family get this money?  Was it not totally on the up and up?

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

The whole point Melissa was making is attacking someone that doesn't blow their money on shit that doesn't matter constantly (parties flowers huge banquets of food that no one but you care about...The whole my kids party cost 200 thousand therefor I am a better parent **eyeroll** throwing money at your bratty kids doesn't make you a better mother sorry ) is stupid and frivolous compared to investing that money into something and being able to leave your kids with a hefty bank account that sets them up later in life and keeps making money for them ... She isn't wrong ... she wasn't saying that spending the money was bad just that Jackie is thinking towards the future while everyone else is thinking of the NOW

Edit I cant wait till we start getting the Jennifer in financial woes story that is bond to happen in the coming years with the way she just throws money around like its a never ending stream that will never dry up ... you aint Benzo or zuckerburg rich bitch sit down

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 15

I feel bad for even mentioning this, but are we just supposed to forget that Jennifer’s kid is being bullied? Like didn’t another kid pour something over her head recently? Clearly, these “memorable” parties aren’t actually helping her. They just make Jennifer feel better because she thinks she looks better. 

• Love 13

Something tells me that Jackie's kids friends, if given a choice, would prefer to visit Jackie's beach house at the Hamptons over a birthday party with a bounce house any day of the week. Jennifer doesn't have a beach house so she wouldn't know.  

Jennifer's jealousy is so obvious.  Her house is tacky as hell and I had to laugh that she owned one of the least expensive houses shown on WWHL last night. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Something tells me that Jackie's kids friends, if given a choice, would prefer to visit Jackie's beach house at the Hamptons over a birthday party with a bounce house any day of the week. Jennifer doesn't have a beach house so she wouldn't know.  

Jennifer's jealousy is so obvious.  Her house is tacky as hell and I had to laugh that she owned one of the least expensive houses shown on WWHL last night. 

Anything else worth noting from WWHL? 

• Love 3

I think the pizza party was absolutely fine and age appropriate, but I did find throwing out a cardboard box with trinkets tacky.  I would have definitely made bags or put them in some kind of order, even for boys.

• Love 12

I found this episode interesting because we had several different cultures misunderstanding and talking past each other.

1. Jackie - her money goes back at least one generation as she told us. She purported to be hesitant about speaking of her money although she freely volunteered details: a) the dollar amount of income and expenses generated by the beach house, b) the fact that she received money from her parents and c) that her husband signed a prenup. The house is clearly a rental/investment (nothing wrong with that) rather than being a second home per se. Methinks she doth protest too much.

2. Jennifer sees the beach house as a second home (that she doesn't have) and her mind is calculating how much it would cost to own and operate said home as a home. $80,000/year is a lot if you don't have $120,000 of rental income coming in as well as tax breaks associated with rental property.   Jennifer also seems to come from a culture that values entertaining (even if over the top) as an indicator both of valuing guests and showing that the host/hostess has achieved a level of wealth. She equates food with esteem which is not a good thing for her children. Her complaint about the pizza party was that there was not appropriate food for the adults and that was insulting.

3. Margaret - She is half right. Jackie doesn't provide a better spread because she has food issues. I think it is not that Jackie doesn't think about food but that she is afraid of it. If I remember correctly, Margaret's money issues were coming to head while this season was filming and I think Margaret is showing the stress. It must be hard to be in that position while all the other cast members' financial situations seem to be stabilizing.

4. Teresa, Melissa and Delores - They are sort of along for the ride in this episode although both Melissa and Delores make attempts to diffuse situations. I think Melissa's beach house (bay house) is actually a second home rather than a rental. It is also an investment.

• Love 9