Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Clearing the Heir

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

It's somewhere after Mother's Day which was the 12th of May last year. I'd bet pre-Memorial Day when Jackie would likely be renting which puts us firmly between the 12th and 24 (i'm discounting the full MDW). 

Good call! I should have thought of that it obvs was filmed after Mother's Day w/M's brunch. I found this article dated 5/21 with reports there was a fight at the Margarita Grillehttps://www.inquisitr.com/5447834/melissa-gorga-and-jennifer-aydin-feud-during-rhonj-season-10-teresa-giudice-gets-caught-in-the-middle/   the Wed before which would have been May 15! If I was an innocent bystander at the restaurant that day no way would I have kept quiet. They are such a hot mess.

May 15. At the beach the weather can be 80 or freezing w/the Spring temps and wind that time of year. It's actually a nice quiet time at the beach before tourist season hits.  Jackie prob opening the house for the rental season. 

Wait until Jennifer finds out Jackie's house isn't really a richly decorated or exquisite beach house. I thought the decor was pretty middle of the road TJ Maxx. Which, I suppose is what you would want in a rental. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think the pizza party was absolutely fine and age appropriate, but I did find throwing out a cardboard box with trinkets tacky.  I would have definitely made bags or put them in some kind of order, even for boys.

the first thing my friends and i did at parties when gift bags were givin was throw it away... I didn't care about the bag I cared about what was in the bag... why waste the money on something that the kids don't give a flip about? its only tacky to the parents not for the kids who the parties are for .....

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Oh, dear God, the Chanel.  Not that I buy a lot of designer stuff, but I will now NEVER buy anything Chanel thanks to the over saturation of it this season.  I've had more than enough of it rammed down my throat to last me the rest of my life.

Teresa doing yoga on the beach - I'd wondered what happened to her yoga obsession.  I remember she supposedly became a certified yoga instructor.  I've recently gotten into yoga practice, and my studio provides instructor training courses.  Considering everything they have to learn - all the anatomy and physiology, all the different types of yoga practice, how to modify poses based upon the ages and abilities of their students, how to prepare for an emergency should someone seriously injure themselves during a class - I find it incredibly hard to believe that Teresa has the mental capacity to actually learn all of that in the first place and then regurgitate it correctly during certification testing.

Jackie handled herself really well during Jennifer's interrogation and accusations.  I actually thought she did embody "class" in that situation.

Jennifer . . . just WOW.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, mandymax said:

Considering everything they have to learn - all the anatomy and physiology, all the different types of yoga practice, how to modify poses based upon the ages and abilities of their students, how to prepare for an emergency should someone seriously injure themselves during a class - I find it incredibly hard to believe that Teresa has the mental capacity to actually learn all of that in the first place and then regurgitate it correctly during certification testing.

100% I don't buy it either. There is no chance. I think they also need to know the Sanscrit names of all the poses too. That's just way too many ingrediences for Tre to remember. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

YES - I can say this from experience - boys do not GAF about a bag.  They want the crap in the bag, or candy and if they get to rummage through a box to get it, all the better actually!  It's like a real-life claw game.

Darn it!!  All that wasted money on goody bags for boys.  I could have a house in the Hamptons for all of that money I spent.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Jennifer turned into the jealous hulk and I LOVE it. 

Dolores called Teresa “ Teresa Gorga”! Hmnnnnnnnnn......... ?! 

Margaret seems to have some unsettled issues with the Marge. I hope she works through it before it’s too late. 

• Love 6

I thought Teresa and Joe met in high school? Last night she said she was a buyer at Macy’s when they met.

I don’t have children but I do know when my niece have parties they do always make sure to put out food and drinks that are more adult for the parents who are staying and always appreciate when other parents do that but she would never bitch to others or the person if it didn’t happen. I also think Margaret was right in that because of her food issues Jackie doesn’t look at food the same women do where there “love language” is basically forcing people to eat!

• Love 8

I don't know.  Teresa was only three years old at the time of the murders and she doesn't strike me as someone who keeps up with pop culture or most news stories outside of her immediate area unless they deal with something catastrophic on a global or national level.  

Teresa's mom wasn't even pregnant with her yet when those murders happened. Teresa is a year or so younger than I am and the murders happened well before I was born. 

Teresa went to high school in NJ just like I did lol.  They taught this in Paterson.  

I also feel shocked when someone doesn't know who Charles Manson is, but at the same time, I too went to school in north Jersey and never in any class I ever had was he "taught." (I learned about him on my own in 4th grade when I read Helter Skelter). Anyway, I think there are many reasons that someone may find Teresa's intellect lacking, but this one may be a bit of a reach.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t have children but I do know when my niece have parties they do always make sure to put out food and drinks that are more adult for the parents who are staying and always appreciate when other parents do that but she would never bitch to others or the person if it didn’t happen.

Your family is kinder than my sister. It's pizza all around for her kids' (boy and girl) parties. Usually the parents end up eating more than the kids who immediately want to get back to whatever fun thing they were doing. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

family is kinder than my sister. It's pizza all around for her kids' (boy and girl) parties. Usually the parents end up eating more than the kids who immediately want to get back to whatever fun thing they were doing. 

It’s not just my sister it’s the people in their social circle so I wonder if it’s regional or even more hyper specific.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

This infuriates me! This is why I can not stand Dolores and her freakin' stereotypes of how Italian families are. I come from an Italian family, both sets of my grandparents came straight off the boat, one of them never learned to speak English and my parents spoke fluent Italian when they didn't want the kids to know what they were talking about. Having said that, NONE of the men in our family would ever, ever think to talk to their wives like that! It was unheard of. If anything, we were taught to show respect for the women and mother's of the family. 

On to bougie Jennifer. How dare she call Jackie cheap? The woman invites you to her beach house, stocks the refrige and leaves goodie bags in each room. She tells them all, "If there is anything you need, please let me know". Jennifer owes her a huge apology. How does this Dr. husband of hers stand to be in the same room as this shallow, vacant, miserable woman? Oh, that's right, he works a lot and likes to sleep in the pool house. 

Yeah, Jennifer was so, so, so tacky. And why the hell is she always throwing shit? What is wrong with her? I would bet my head that her husband cheats on her on the regular and the only reason he doesn't leave her tiresome ass is because of the children. 

Instead of worrying about how Jackie spends her money, she needs to spend some of her money to send her children to summer camp, and I'm talking 6-8 weeks overnight in Maine, so they can drop the fat and develop healthy eating skills. And hopefully better manners, too.

Jennifer is so, so envious that it's pathetic. She probably also feels even more insecure because Jackie in addition to being wealthier is far more educated.

I like Margaret a lot and hope she can pull together her financial situation. She's fun snarky and has a good heart.

Teresa is as dim as they come, but I do credit her for being a hustler. Joe is probably given a time in advance to call so he can regularly embarrass her on screen. He really is the worst, isn't he? But I saw photos of his sad little apartment in Italy, so payback's a a motherfucker.

• Love 18

Oh, dear God, the Chanel.  Not that I buy a lot of designer stuff, but I will now NEVER buy anything Chanel thanks to the over saturation of it this season.  I've had more than enough of it rammed down my throat to last me the rest of my life.

Poor Coco.  I don't think this is QUITE what she had in mind.  

On to bougie Jennifer. How dare she call Jackie cheap?

I just really don't get why she thought she DIDN'T have money.  I mean, we've seen the recruitment email.  We know the type that Bravo looks for.  Don't they pretty much outline that you have to be loaded to be considered?  (not sure how Dolores fell through the cracks because I truly don't think she has a high net worth.  I don't get why she just assumed she was just kind of standard upper middle class.  Because she drives a minivan?  She's been to her house, it's not exactly small.  Sure it's not as big as the home for the Princess of Paramus, but it's not like she's living in a 2400 square foot colonial on a 6000 square foot lot.  Jen is either really fucking stupid (yes) or this is partly producer driven (yes).  

Also, parents are less likely to stay for a party for that age group, even if there's a separate "adult table" (which the middle school boys will, most likely, find and devour anyway). 

There were definitely some parents lingering around at Jackie's but I just assumed that was because the cameras were there, or maybe they were just chatting with a friend quickly.  My oldest is in 4th and I haven't had a parent stay at a birthday party since 2nd grade, unless I say, "hey, come and hang out with me."   

Also, I don't think the entertaining thing goes back to old school cultures, vs. "nouveau."  I'm so tired of this "old school" idea that Dolores keeps throwing out, like it's an answer for everything.  Some people like entertaining.  Others don't.   Some people like people dropping by unannounced,  some don't.   It has nothing to do with old school and being different.  It's annoying.

It seems like the minute Marge apologized for saying she "doesn't eat," Jackie let it go.

True.  But I don't think Marge was that wrong.  Jackie still has some major food issues, that's coming through loud and clear, and the intensity in which she spoke to Margaret about that just shows that - Marge backed right down.  

When they were fighting in the Hamptons and they showed people in the restaurant starting to look over at all the fuss, did anybody besides me think of Siggy and her "now we have to explain to everybody that we're from Jersey" comment?  I go back to what I always said in season 1.  These people do NOT represent my beautiful state and I don't know anybody who would throw utinsels, toss a table, or dump a glass of wine on anybody, or pull hair. 

I do know people who would shove others in a pool.  But who wouldn't do that?  

And I love your screen name. 

Why thank you.  Another show I watched religiously, over and over and over again.  

• Love 11
14 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

This is the dumbest argument.  

2 twin boys - middle school age?  They want bball and pizza.  Their friends want bball and pizza.  They get bball and pizza.  Everybody wins. Boys love party.  

1 middle school girl.  Birthday parties = social status.  Invites matter.  The party matters.  God forbid the 11 year old girls are bored at the birthday party, then it was a bad party.  Combine that with the mommy-wars to outdo each other, and you have Gabbys party.  But it isn't ever going to stop the social aggression that exists between girls and women.

These are two completely different animals.  Stop acting like they are the same.  They aren't.

Well said. I would just like to point out that Jennifer's idea of parenting is to buy her kids off with large amounts of cash, toys, tech equipment and other stuff. Otherwise she basically brushes them aside and rarely disciplines them or even tries to put her kids hygiene and appearance ahead of her own. Her gaudy display of everything Chanel is so gross. Nothing screams bourgeois more then wearing Chanel from head to toe in a most flamboyant way...even rappers are more discrete in their wardrobe choices. Personally, I found her grilling of Jackie and her financials repulsive and beyond nosy. Curiosity is one thing but blatant questioning of specifics is none of her effing business. Ecchhh...everything about her just reeks of jealousy, greed and envy. I'm sure it's very important to Jennifer to make huge showy birthday parties for her neglected kids so that everyone is impressed with the over the top expenditures...and then brag about these parties ad nauseam. I can't help but juxtapose these lavish parties for her oldest daughter against the recent episodes that show her depression, loneliness and tears about being bullied by her peers. I would be much more impressed by Jennifer if she would be proactive in helping her daughter by advocating for her at school and getting her some professional help to combat her depression. But no...it's more important to attack another mother for having a pizza party and brag about how much she spends on parties and designer rags. 

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

The kids being set up for the future went from my mind to Melissa's lips.

Jennifer was all, "Enjoy your money! You can't take it with you!" True. But your kids can. And their kids can. I'm not saying one should save every penny. But there's a lot to be said for making sure your future generations are taken care of. We live in such an uncertain world. 

Jennifer is definitely frivolous and wasteful, but I wonder if Dr. Aydin has set anything up in terms of a future for their kids?

4 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

I cracked up when Melissa said Jennifer went full on Veruca ‘cause that’s exactly what I thought. 

Same. I thought that was a very apt comparison. Jennifer is the epitome of "keeping up with Jonses".

4 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I feel bad for even mentioning this, but are we just supposed to forget that Jennifer’s kid is being bullied? Like didn’t another kid pour something over her head recently? Clearly, these “memorable” parties aren’t actually helping her. They just make Jennifer feel better because she thinks she looks better. 

Yup. It's like putting a bandaid over a severed foot. Jennifer is not helping her daughter deal with the root issue. She's just trying to buy friends/popularity for Gabby. Poor kid.

3 hours ago, Normades said:

I think the pizza party was absolutely fine and age appropriate, but I did find throwing out a cardboard box with trinkets tacky.  I would have definitely made bags or put them in some kind of order, even for boys.

Honestly? I have boys that age. They're not super impressed by cute gift bags. I know mine would have had more fun rooting through the box and picking out what they liked.

• Love 15

Right. That quoted part of my post was a response to the comment saying that Teresa was 3 when the murders happened; it was not an excuse for someone not knowing who someone was due to age. Clearly I understand that one can be born after the fact and still know who someone is, as I indicated that I also was born well after those murders and have a good chunk of Charles Manson knowledge. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

Not saying that it isn't. I was saying, again, that Teresa was not 3. 

(But before more words are put in my mouth, I'll add that it is indeed possible that not every person in the world is aware of the same pieces of pop culture and history, or for one person to deem something an important piece of pop culture or history, while someone else doesn't consider it so.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

Who are we to say what's not possible? Some people don't know things that you know. It happens. My boyfriend can name a ton of actors or musicians I've never heard of and I can name a ton of criminals and other musicians he's never heard of. And don't even get me started on the pop culture examples that my sister and I are on completely opposite pages about (for instance, and in keeping with the source of this discussion, I doubt she'd recognize a photo of Sharon Tate or Squeaky Fromme). And I live in RHONJ territory and I can tel;l you that there are plenty of people right here who have no clue who these chicks are.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

Jennifer just talks and talks to steal every scene.....and, get the most screen time.

Nobody can be heard when she is around.  

It was a kids Pizza Party....now STFU!

At her house she serves her kids.......a lamb’s head! 

I bet her kids were begging for pizza!  🤣

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

Jackie doesn't come off that great to me. She doesn't seem to have the greatest personality, and she mostly just talks when she has something bad to say about someone. She seems very judgmental, not that smart, and super insecure. Jackie loves talking about how wrong and bad everyone else is and she compares people to each other, which is not productive or healthy. I feel like Jackie is probably the fakest one, trying to seem like her life is so great and she is so superior when she never seems happy

I like Jennifer, because she has some personality. She's funny. She puts herself out there. She's secure and doesn't care if she's offensive. Jackie tries to do it under the covers, but she's just as vile and jealous as Jennifer is. She may be one of the smartest ladies IN THIS GROUP, but that isn't saying very much. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Teresa's mom wasn't even pregnant with her yet when those murders happened. Teresa is a year or so younger than I am and the murders happened well before I was born. 

You're right!  I mixed up the dates.  The murders did occur in 1969, three years before Teresa was born in 1972.

51 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Poor Coco.  I don't think this is QUITE what she had in mind.  

LOL!  Jennifer reminded me of a pro golfer with all the logos she was carrying on that outfit.  She carried the largest load, but I noticed Jackie's logo earrings (Chanel?), and Teresa's and Marge's belt buckles (Hermes and Gucci I think).  I didn't notice if Dolores and Melissa were providing free advertisement in this episode.

I too went to school in north Jersey and never in any class I ever had was he "taught." (I learned about him on my own in 4th grade when I read Helter Skelter). Anyway, I think there are many reasons that someone may find Teresa's intellect lacking, but this one may be a bit of a reach.

I can see it coming up for some reason during a discussion in some classrooms but not as an element of  basic education.  Schools have enough trouble squeezing in the curriculum deemed necessary to learn.  

52 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

They're not super impressed by cute gift bags. I know mine would have had more fun rooting through the box and picking out what they liked.

I got the impression these were pre-filled bags ordered from Amazon, not a box full of random geegaws.  My issue wasn't with the gift bags, but simply the attitude of not giving a damn and not wanting to put in anything beyond the least amount of effort.  I mean she barely even opened the amazon box and then couldn't even be bothered handing them out to the kids.  Great role model for her kids to learn how to be gracious hosts when they grow up.

1 hour ago, politichick said:

Teresa is as dim as they come, but I do credit her for being a hustler

I remember her already having an online shop back in season one.  I think it was things like hair accessories for girls and maybe t-shirts.  It wasn't until afterwards that she piggybacked her RH fame into the cookbook sales.  I do see her as someone willing to put in the work for the results she desires.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, amarante said:

I think it underscores exactly how much of a real idiot Teresa is. None of the housewives with the possible exception of Jackie are "smart" in terms of intellectual prowess but to not have any knowledge of major cultural references and historical events is beyond the norm. 

It shows the chasm between her and her theoretical peers like Melissa and Dolores. I think it goes to why she doesn't understand basic dynamics between people and seems to miss the boat. 

I think she is probably borderline mentally low IQ versus people who might lack formal education and "book smarts" but are of normal intelligence. She often seems to have a somewhat dazed look on her face as if she is having trouble actually processing information when people speak - which might be why she misses the point. It could even explain why she is so "hot headed" in the same way that people with dementia often exhibit abrupt bursts of anger because they are confused by what is going on and anger is how they respond to their confusion. 

I think you are on to something about her intellect and ability to comprehend conversations.  She lacks empathy but wants everyone else to understand that she is going thru something even though it was self inflicted.  

Also, Theresa said she was a buyer for Macy's when she and Joe got married and that she was making tons of money, do buyers make tons of money? 

Although being a buyer for Macy's is like shooting fish in a barrel, their departments are filled to the brim, like the buyers order everything the vendors are selling and I still cannot find anything to wear in that store.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think you are on to something about her intellect and ability to comprehend conversations.  She lacks empathy but wants everyone else to understand that she is going thru something even though it was self inflicted.  

Also, Theresa said she was a buyer for Macy's when she and Joe got married and that she was making tons of money, do buyers make tons of money? 

Although being a buyer for Macy's is like shooting fish in a barrel, their departments are filled to the brim, like the buyers order everything the vendors are selling and I still cannot find anything to wear in that store.

Teresa has an Associate degree and worked as a buyer for probably a few years. She claimed she quit while pregnant with Gia. I don’t think she received a good salary since retail work offers low wages. Or, else why quit? 

Ramona has a similar job.  She buys large quantities of overstock clothing at low prices and resells them to discount stores.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I mean she barely even opened the amazon box and then couldn't even be bothered handing them out to the kids.  Great role model for her kids to learn how to be gracious hosts when they grow up.

I don't think you can base her being a gracious host off of this one incident. She seemed pretty damned gracious with this crew at her home in the Hamptons. Stocked fridge, stocked bar, sandwiches, gift bags. I'm not sure how much 11 year old boys pay attention to that stuff but my 10 year old nephew would never care or remember. He'd actually probably rather tear into an Amazon and pick what he wants. This also happened while the kids were playing basketball so it seems reasonable to tell them to make sure to take something before they leave instead of stop playing, pick something up and just throw it in the grass until they're done playing. 

• Love 14

I can assure you that the Macy's very close to where I am is in a damn shambles always!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I don't think you can base her being a gracious host off of this one incident. She seemed pretty damned gracious with this crew at her home in the Hamptons.

Nor do I believe you can base it upon a Real Housewives "trip" that we are supposed to believe was solely planned and paid for by one of the housewives and not production.

Who are we to say what's not possible? Some people don't know things that you know. It happens.

I totaly agree. I know plenty of people who are my age who are completely unaware of things I know, and vice versa. It doesn't make an of us unintelligent, we simply have different interests and different experiences or opportunities.  

• Love 4

OH! I forgot this! I like Margaret but WTF was that at the table? WHY would she say all that about Jennifer right then and there? She only went to the bathroom--it's not like she wasn't there for the weekend or even fallen asleep before the rest. Yikes, Margaret! Also, love those bell-bottoms. 

16 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

The kids being set up for the future went from my mind to Melissa's lips.

On the other hand though.. Jennifer's kids just be set up ok-to-well, for later years due to their culture. 

The son's are expected to bring a little something to the table - and perhaps to the bride's family right?  And then the girls, are probably also expected to have a little "coin" ( ie dowry) and then there is a the wedding...

• Love 2
6 hours ago, esco1822 said:

100% I don't buy it either. There is no chance. I think they also need to know the Sanscrit names of all the poses too. That's just way too many ingrediences for Tre to remember. 

what are the intellectual skills needed to be a buyer at Macy's ?  I was thinking calculating profit margin/ markup percentages, studying customer ( ie all customer regardless of ethnicity and size) preferences, disposable income analysis, and plotting shopping patterns of customers, assessing fashion trends, discussing contracts with designers, presentations, etc would be a bit much for Tre to take in...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Jackie’s Amazon box of goodie bags equals a Piñata.

Where kids take turns hitting it while blindfolded until it bust open and all the goodies and candies fall to the ground.

Then you have all the kids dive on to the ground. A free for all! 

A piñata is a lot more fun, though.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

I can't help but juxtapose these lavish parties for her oldest daughter against the recent episodes that show her depression, loneliness and tears about being bullied by her peers. I would be much more impressed by Jennifer if she would be proactive in helping her daughter by advocating for her at school and getting her some professional help to combat her depression. But no...it's more important to attack another mother for having a pizza party and brag about how much she spends on parties and designer rags. 

I can't help but wonder if it is partly because of jennifer's actions/portrayal on the show, especially in season 1, that Gabby has had to endure the end of her friendships and some of the bullying.  And perhaps some of those friendships even developed because her mother was cast on the show to begin with, they had built this huge home, etc.  Middle school leaves scar everywhere on everyone and middle school girls can be especially vicious.  And I bet plenty have watched the show and found plenty of ammo within it.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Teresa is older than I am??  Are we sure about this birth year?

Per Wikipedia, but Melissa cops to 40 and she is about 6 or 7 years younger so it seems to be in the right time frame.

19 minutes ago, sATL said:

what are the intellectual skills needed to be a buyer at Macy's ?  I was thinking calculating profit margin/ markup percentages, studying customer ( ie all customer regardless of ethnicity and size) preferences, disposable income analysis, and plotting shopping patterns of customers, assessing fashion trends, discussing contracts with designers, presentations, etc would be a bit much for Tre to take in...

It's been many years and brain cells lost but as I recall back in Season 1, it was researched and she was never a buyer for Macys. Maybe she was a sales woman - if that. I think she did a semester at one of those for profit "fashion schools". Buyer is a fairly highly level management position - especially for a store like Macy's.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I can't help but wonder if it is partly because of jennifer's actions/portrayal on the show, especially in season 1, that Gabby has had to endure the end of her friendships and some of the bullying.  And perhaps some of those friendships even developed because her mother was cast on the show to begin with, they had built this huge home, etc.  Middle school leaves scar everywhere on everyone and middle school girls can be especially vicious.  And I bet plenty have watched the show and found plenty of ammo within it.   

Gabby is a the perfect target for Mean Girls. Please bear with me as I am not criticizing a child - only objectively commenting on what makes her a target. She is overweight - not particularly attractive in the face - seems to be ill groomed - if that is how she is groomed for camera, god knows what she does on a day to day basis. She doesn't seem to be a bad kid but she also doesn't seem to have the kind of charismatic social skills that make girls popular in school.

She should probably find a niche among other girls/kids who also aren't completely in the mold of the A Crowd.

And of course being on the show and having Jennifer for a mother is going to make her a target. I can't imagine Jennifer is NOT the target of talk among the parents and others in the community - and not very favorably because who the hell would view the woman favorably. The kids would no doubt pick up on what the parents were gossiping about.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Who are we to say what's not possible? Some people don't know things that you know. It happens. My boyfriend can name a ton of actors or musicians I've never heard of and I can name a ton of criminals and other musicians he's never heard of. And don't even get me started on the pop culture examples that my sister and I are on completely opposite pages about (for instance, and in keeping with the source of this discussion, I doubt she'd recognize a photo of Sharon Tate or Squeaky Fromme). And I live in RHONJ territory and I can tel;l you that there are plenty of people right here who have no clue who these chicks are.

Not to belabor but there are certain major events or people or icons that serve as markers for a culture so that someone lacking that knowledge would be a person who would also have the same kinds of gaps in other areas that even a person with minimal knowledge would have.

Maybe people don't know what the Battle of the Wilderness is but I would judge someone as an idiot who didn't know about the Battle of Gettysburg and what war it was fought in and who the combatants were.

Maybe you haven't heard of Betty Hutton  but I would think one would have heard of Marilyn Monroe  or Brigette Bardot.

So not having heard of Gacey or even Dahmer - maybe but not having heard of Manson is on a whole other level.

And what an impoverished limited life it reveals.

I would imagine Dolores and Melissa are familiar with basic cultural and historical stuff. I bring them up specifically because they are theoretically her peers in terms of background.

On a slightly different note, I grew up with working class Italians and abusing women vocally is not part of the culture except possibly among those who emulate thugs. It would be the same as claiming that African American culture was abusive towards women because of some thuggish behavior among a small percentage of that population. 

Bad as Joe Gorga is in many ways, I don't think he has ever been seen as being verbally abusive towards Melissa. Obviously not a paragon of feminist attributes but he seems to treat her with a modicum of basic respect. Perhaps it's because Melissa is not from Patterson which is a REALLY bad town.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

I cracked up when Melissa said Jennifer went full on Veruca ‘cause that’s exactly what I thought. 

Me, too....but, Melissa's British accent sucked!  😂

9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I keep hearing "Chanel, Chanel, Chanel" over and over in my head.  Was Jennifer wearing Chanel?

Actually - I think that Chanel was wearing her.  

(And, I'd bet almost everything I have that half of that Chanel stuff is knock-offs purchased somewhere online.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

For someone who advertises her designer labels, Jennifer has less than zero taste. If I were the designer, I’d be embarrassed to no end! I’d pay her to not wear my line. 

Teresa not knowing Charles Manson didn’t surprise me at all. She has no idea what goes on in the world outside of NJ. I doubt she could name 10 US states. 

• Love 12