Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Clearing the Heir

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, kicksave said:

Well said. I would just like to point out that Jennifer's idea of parenting is to buy her kids off with large amounts of cash, toys, tech equipment and other stuff. Otherwise she basically brushes them aside and rarely disciplines them or even tries to put her kids hygiene and appearance ahead of her own. Her gaudy display of everything Chanel is so gross. Nothing screams bourgeois more then wearing Chanel from head to toe in a most flamboyant way...even rappers are more discrete in their wardrobe choices. Personally, I found her grilling of Jackie and her financials repulsive and beyond nosy. Curiosity is one thing but blatant questioning of specifics is none of her effing business. Ecchhh...everything about her just reeks of jealousy, greed and envy. I'm sure it's very important to Jennifer to make huge showy birthday parties for her neglected kids so that everyone is impressed with the over the top expenditures...and then brag about these parties ad nauseam. I can't help but juxtapose these lavish parties for her oldest daughter against the recent episodes that show her depression, loneliness and tears about being bullied by her peers. I would be much more impressed by Jennifer if she would be proactive in helping her daughter by advocating for her at school and getting her some professional help to combat her depression. But no...it's more important to attack another mother for having a pizza party and brag about how much she spends on parties and designer rags. 

I was thinking this exact same thing.  Her oldest daughter is getting to the age where bouncy castles and personal ice cream trucks are considered childish.  Jennifer is going to need to reconsider how to celebrate her daughter's birthday.  The sad thing is that with that, as the girls get older, they also get meaner, and if Jennifer's daughter is being bullied at school, eventually, this will cross over into birthday party attendance.  At a young age, all kids are impressed with the party - not necessarily the party hostess (or honoree).  They will hear bounce castle/personal ice cream truck/pony rides/etc., and want to go, regardless of who is having the party.  They will go just to be there and enjoy the fun.  Plus, parents are usually handling the social lives and RSVP's for their younger children.

As they hit middle school, parties become more selective and parents don't necessarily see/hear about the party until the week of the event-the children handle the invitations and the RSVPing to the invitation.  And, some mean girls or bullies will go so far as to RSVP that they are attending and then, intentionally don't show up - just another mean girl tactic.  

Imagine Jennifer's anger and frustration at spending all that money on a lavish party and no one shows??  Imagine her daughter's humiliation at that point?  I shudder to think that, but it's very plausible that it could happen.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s ingrained into American history tho to live in America her whole life and pretend that she have never heard of it even in passing just is not possible. 

I agree with you, but Teresa lived in America, growing up in an Italian immigrant home.  I don't think that her parents spoke English at home.  I also think she was very sheltered and not expected to expand her knowlege outside of basic math, English and just enough science,history, social studies and geography to graduate high school.  I think that if something did not affect Teresa personally or within her little Paterson bubble, she had no care or desire to learn anymore about it.  I could almost guarantee you that she doesn't know who the Son of Sam murderer or Robert Chambers, the Preppy Murderer were, either.  Even though those things happened close to her home, in New York, and were talked about for years and years after, they didn't involve anyone closely connected to Teresa or affect her life in any way, so she just didn't care. 

I get that same vibe from Teresa's Dad and Joe, as well.  If it's not happening directly to them or those near to them, it's not woth their time, concern or interest.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

How the hell are they able to coordinate these calls from Joe from f'in ICE?! That was such a weird call.

Right, the ICE employees have way too much on their plates to worry about the Real Housewives. Then again, watching the real housewives of anywhere helps shut my brain off after long days at work.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

what are the intellectual skills needed to be a buyer at Macy's ?  I was thinking calculating profit margin/ markup percentages, studying customer ( ie all customer regardless of ethnicity and size) preferences, disposable income analysis, and plotting shopping patterns of customers, assessing fashion trends, discussing contracts with designers, presentations, etc would be a bit much for Tre to take in...

I don't think that when Teresa was a "buyer" for Macy's that she was an actual buyer as you described here.  I also think she's elevated herself in employment status over the years.  I seem to remember her saying that she was an assistant buyer back in the day.  That was a title that Macy's gave employees that were sort of like a department manager/expeditor, if I recall correctly.  They kept inventory of their particular department and placed orders with Macy's corporate for re-stocking of items.  Say, for instance, if they had a pair of navy blue wool pants by XYZ brand in a particular department  (say, for example, the Juniors' department) - the assistant buyer would check the inventory, and if they were sold out of these pants in sizes 3, 5 and 7, the assistant buyer would send in an order request to restock those sizes.  I know this because I had a friend many years ago and that is exactly what she did, at Macy's.  It was not a difficult job.  There was room for promotion, but the competition was tough and to be promoted to full on buyer (as you described), you also had to be willing/able to travel to trade shows and showrooms.  I somehow cannot picture a young Teresa willing to travel alone, let alone be allowed to by her overbearing parents.   

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

Do these women throw shit around at EVERY SINGLE RESTAURANT they go to??  If I were the owner, I'd be getting a big fat deposit from Bravo to cover the cost of all the things they break!

And Jennifer was real shitty when Marge took everyone to Oklahoma that time; staying with her friend @ her ranch and throwing a party for them.  Jennifer showed her ass big time!

She really needs to stay far, far away from the tequila!  It makes her nutso.

• Love 9

I could almost guarantee you that she doesn't know who the Son of Sam murderer or Robert Chambers, the Preppy Murderer were, either. 

My boyfriend had no idea who Robert Chambers or Jennifer Levin were until about a month ago and we were both in high school in Jersey when that all happened.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I thought Teresa and Joe met in high school? Last night she said she was a buyer at Macy’s when they met.

I don’t have children but I do know when my niece have parties they do always make sure to put out food and drinks that are more adult for the parents who are staying and always appreciate when other parents do that but she would never bitch to others or the person if it didn’t happen. I also think Margaret was right in that because of her food issues Jackie doesn’t look at food the same women do where there “love language” is basically forcing people to eat!

So I was born in 1964, the youngest of 4 kids. My most exciting birthday as a kid was when I could invite six of my friends to my party which involved food and blowing out candles on the cake. The parents dropped their kids off and picked them up. I know that times have changed (lots and pros and cons to that). 
I don’t have kids so I can’t speak to how kids parties are today. However, I think a balance between just cake and a few friends vs. a spread for the parents would be nice. At the end of the day, are the kids having fun and does birthday kid felt special? That to me is a good party.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Because I feel as though I have single-handedly made Jeff Bezos a billionaire

No, I did that with you!!! My husband says we have an Amazon warehouse somewhere on our property. I was out of town for a week. He picked me up at airport and he said that he had arranged  all my unopened Amazon packages in a beautiful pile on our kitchen table.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Jennifer was all, "Enjoy your money! You can't take it with you!" True. But your kids can. And their kids can. I'm not saying one should save every penny. But there's a lot to be said for making sure your future generations are taken care of. We live in such an uncertain world. 

Jennifer is definitely frivolous and wasteful, but I wonder if Dr. Aydin has set anything up in terms of a future for their kids?

Keeping a balance is so important. I know people who scrimped and saved and left this earth with doing nothing on their bucket list. I also know people spent “because you can’t take it with you” that ended up with huge medical bills and no savings to help with that. And oftentimes the children would end up with a huge financial burden. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

My boyfriend had no idea who Robert Chambers or Jennifer Levin were until about a month ago and we were both in high school in Jersey when that all happened.

I’m sorry...there is no end to the outright ignorance of Teresa Guidice. There have  been scores of television shows about Charles Manson and countless movies and news shows about him and his followers. To have never heard of him is just mind blowing. She lacks curiosity about the world and probably is barely literate. There are people living in impoverished hollers in Eastern Kentucky that know who Charlie Manson was and probably read a newspaper everyday. 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, janiema said:

Jackie doesn't provide a better spread because she has food issues. I think it is not that Jackie doesn't think about food but that she is afraid of it.

I think this is dead on.  Watching her face as she looks at food in such a 'dreading it' way makes me sad.  It's like she truly is afraid of what she wants so much.  At times she looks sick when she's around food.  Nothing like the more carefree woman out shopping or on the beach.  I feel so sorry for her.

And I've come to like Jennifer this season, she's shown a funny more human side.  (apart from the money obsession.)  She doesn't have a job or an adoring husband and I think dealing with children isn't her thing, sadly.  Having better things than the others makes her feel equal to or better than them.  She seemed floored and then rattled to discover that instead of 'above' Jackie she is (in her mind) beneath her.  And acted out like her youngest daughter would.  I hope the funny Jenn comes back and this one gets lost!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think you are on to something about her intellect and ability to comprehend conversations.  She lacks empathy but wants everyone else to understand that she is going thru something even though it was self inflicted.  

Also, Theresa said she was a buyer for Macy's when she and Joe got married and that she was making tons of money, do buyers make tons of money? 

Although being a buyer for Macy's is like shooting fish in a barrel, their departments are filled to the brim, like the buyers order everything the vendors are selling and I still cannot find anything to wear in that store.

I am not sure, not my area of expertise but I think you had to have a college degree to be a buyer at at a retail store. 
Even if not, this is the first any of us had heard of this.

I have been a buyer at Macy’s- clothes, decor, shoes, I’ve bought them all

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I agree with you, but Teresa lived in America, growing up in an Italian immigrant home.  I don't think that her parents spoke English at home.  I also think she was very sheltered and not expected to expand her knowlege outside of basic math, English and just enough science,history, social studies and geography to graduate high school.  I think that if something did not affect Teresa personally or within her little Paterson bubble, she had no care or desire to learn anymore about it.  I could almost guarantee you that she doesn't know who the Son of Sam murderer or Robert Chambers, the Preppy Murderer were, either.  Even though those things happened close to her home, in New York, and were talked about for years and years after, they didn't involve anyone closely connected to Teresa or affect her life in any way, so she just didn't care. 

I get that same vibe from Teresa's Dad and Joe, as well.  If it's not happening directly to them or those near to them, it's not woth their time, concern or interest.

I kinda didn’t pay close attention while watching this episode.  Is everyone talking  about Teresa not knowing Manson?   And, bringing up the immigrant story?  

Teresa was born in America......eh? 

Regardless, this is not how it works for immigrant kids. I wish people would stop stigmatizing them.  Just like their parents. 

All kids in America grow up with TV.......especially the sheltered ones. 

She grew up in a large city with people from all over the world and NYC is nearby. 

People outside America know what is going on in  America!  This is like world news and the guy ran away to Europe. 

There is a Manson show on TV almost every day. REELZHD airs them......along with all the Italian mob shows.  

The Giudices just like to claim ignorance on everything.

I think Teresa does not like to talk about criminals.......because, it hits too close to home.

Teresa is just gonna pretend criminals & prisons do not exist. 🤣

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, nytonc said:

For someone who advertises her designer labels, Jennifer has less than zero taste. If I were the designer, I’d be embarrassed to no end! I’d pay her to not wear my line. 

Teresa not knowing Charles Manson didn’t surprise me at all. She has no idea what goes on in the world outside of NJ. I doubt she could name 10 US states. 

And I bet none of them are in the South (sans Florida) or in the Midwest 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

See?  I guess it all depends on what your interests were at the time, or if you were deeply involved in something else, or, as a high school kid, maybe not really paying attention to the news, instead more focused on the things high school kids should be focused on.  I knew a lot of people like that, too.  For some reason, that case really hit me, so I followed the story closely, but I was older than you at the time.  

• Love 3

Just an FYI, Tre went to Berkley Secretarial School.  In the seventies Berkley started a Fashion Program.  If I remember correctly, that's what Tre attended and got a two year degree.  They have a number of campuses in NJ.

As for being an actual Buyer, I highly doubt it.  I would think she was probably an assistant buyer at most.  The industry is highly competitive and if you're seriously trying to get into the field, the large NYC stores turn to FIT where Ro and Sonja went.  The Fashion Buying and Merchandising program is the oldest program at the school and has a great reputation.

Also, I don't remember any parent staying at a party after my kids were in Kindergarten.   They dropped them off and picked them up.  Me too.  The only exception was that one of my kid's had a classmate who was autistic.  She stayed.  It was actually the first time her son was invited to a 'normal' kid's party.  She was in tears thanking me.  It kind of broke my heart and I'm glad my kid wanted to invite him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

No, I did that with you!!! My husband says we have an Amazon warehouse somewhere on our property. I was out of town for a week. He picked me up at airport and he said that he had arranged  all my unopened Amazon packages in a beautiful pile on our kitchen table.

My husband says that the day is off kilter if he doesn't see an Amazon box or two at the front door on his Ring app on his phone.  😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I have had that scene play out in my house although half the time I cannot remember what I have bought, so many packages but so few ideas of what is in them!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

To have never heard of him is just mind blowing. 

Mind-blowing, sure. Impossible, no (as evidenced by my own BF who had no idea who Robert Chambers is). I'm truly baffled as to what is the big deal about somebody not knowing the same things you (not YOU you; the general "you") know--especially when the somebody in question has been repeatedly labeled dumb, unaware, self-involved, lacking in curiosity (and I am neither confirming nor denying these assessments), etc., by the some of the same people who are exhibiting such shock. Why would this be surprising? Weirder shit has happened--in the world and on this show. Pop culture does not have a specific syllabus and I am more than certain that all of you know a ton of things that I don't and vice versa. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Just an FYI, Tre went to Berkley Secretarial School.  In the seventies Berkley started a Fashion Program.  If I remember correctly, that's what Tre attended and got a two year degree.  

Thank you, yes.  Teresa has invoked the “when I was in college...” spiel all too much.  She tries to make it sound like she has a four-year degree.  Melissa has been known to do the same thing with her “college” and being a “teacher.”  If I’m not mistaken, Melissa was a student teacher at some brief moment in time.  I don’t even think she was a substitute.  When I was coming up in school in New York, teachers had to have a Masters.  No fucking way Melissa has that, if that is in fact a requirement in NJ.  There is no legit accredited school school of higher learning that is going to graduate Teresa or Melissa with a serious degree in anything.  They are torturing definitions over there.  

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Mind-blowing, sure. Impossible, no (as evidenced by my own BF who had no idea who Robert Chambers is). I'm truly baffled as to what is the big deal about somebody not knowing the same things you (not YOU you; the general "you") know--especially when the somebody in question has been repeatedly labeled dumb, unaware, self-involved, lacking in curiosity (and I am neither confirming nor denying these assessments), etc., by the some of the same people who are exhibiting such shock. Why would this be surprising? Weirder shit has happened--in the world and on this show. Pop culture does not have a specific syllabus and I am more than certain that all of you know a ton of things that I don't and vice versa. 

I agree with you.  I had never heard of Charles Manson until my friends introduced me to Marilyn Manson in middle school, and they told me each member of the band had a serial killer in their name.  I doubt that, if I called my sister, who is older than me, and has a masters, would know who Charles Manson was.  Fifty-fifty shot at best.  She was on the honor roll in high school and didn’t know basic facts, like when the Revolutionary War was, or the concepts it enshrined, other than what they teach in second grade:  it was the war when America broke free from England.  I don’t even know if my sister could name one Madonna song and she was born in the 80s.  

Ask my sister a question about an animal, large or small, and she would basically sound like a vet.  She knows everything there is to know about animals, because that’s all she cares about and all she’s around.  

My point is that people are a lot stupider, or at least more narrow-minded, than we give them credit for (myself included.  Don’t ask me to subtract one three digit number from another in my head unless you have a full minute).  Somehow we get by.  Some days I don’t know how.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Thank you, yes.  Teresa has invoked the “when I was in college...” spiel all too much.  She tries to make it sound like she has a four-year degree.  Melissa has been known to do the same thing with her “college” and being a “teacher.”  If I’m not mistaken, Melissa was a student teacher at some brief moment in time.  I don’t even think she was a substitute.  When I was coming up in school in New York, teachers had to have a Masters.  No fucking way Melissa has that, if that is in fact a requirement in NJ.  There is no legit accredited school school of higher learning that is going to graduate Teresa or Melissa with a serious degree in anything.  They are torturing definitions over there.  

I agree with you.  I had never heard of Charles Manson until my friends introduced me to Marilyn Manson in middle school, and they told me each member of the band had a serial killer in their name.  I doubt that, if I called my sister, who is older than me, and has a masters, would know who Charles Manson was.  Fifty-fifty shot at best.  She was on the honor roll in high school and didn’t know basic facts, like when the Revolutionary War was, or the concepts it enshrined, other than what they teach in second grade:  it was the war when America broke free from England.  I don’t even know if my sister could name one Madonna song and she was born in the 80s.  

Ask my sister a question about an animal, large or small, and she would basically sound like a vet.  She knows everything there is to know about animals, because that’s all she cares about and all she’s around.  

My point is that people are a lot stupider, or at least more narrow-minded, than we give them credit for (myself included.  Don’t ask me to subtract one three digit number from another in my head unless you have a full minute).  Somehow we get by.  Some days I don’t know how.  

Hold up... you need a masters degree to teach k-12 in NY ?? wow...That is news.. I figured one needed a bachelors ... I am familiar with in most larger systems where there is a shortage, if your bachelorrs was a non-teaching degree, there are programs for one to get a provisional license (ie go back to college)  en-route to following the steps to full license. Esp. if one's undergrad was in a STEM.

Speaking of news and Tre not knowing about Manson---- I watch a TLC show where they commonly ask the cast who is who and what is what. They don't know. While it is good laughs and conversation,  I do feel it is ok, to know what you know, and try to improve upon what you don't, once you realize you don't, if it matters to you. 

I for one am the last person to ask about Hollywood type news and/or who won what and what/who they wore on the Grammy awards. Given that I live in a big city - there are so many shootings, murders, killing, indictments and trails, I just refuse to keep up.  When friends ask me " did you hear about the ...", I usually answer no before they get to the news point.

But I do know San Fran and KC  (as opposed to the NE Patriots) are in the Superbowl 54, and Eli Manning just announced his retirement from the Giants after 16 yrs.  To others, they might feel those little tidbits are wasted brain cells 🙂

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

^^^

My art teacher told me that all NY teachers had to have a masters when I was in eleventh grade, and I was floored, so I believed it, but I looked it up, and it turns out a NYS teacher has to get a masters in certain areas within five years of beginning teaching.  

https://certificationmap.com/states/new-york-teacher-certification/

Would never have happened for Melissa IMO.  

Is there a shortage of teachers in NY?? 

I mean is a struggle to get & keep teachers with 4 yr degree..

I agree - Melissa with 6 yrs of college... no.. that a stretch... I could see her with 4 yrs - she would have viewed the experience as one long party... And to think she gave up for Joe Gorga... I defiantly could see him saying "no" to taking masters classes... and/or going to school after hours to take courses.. Book studying would take away from his "sex time".

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

FWIW, teaching in the NYC school system would be a relatively good position so they can set standards accordingly. The pay scale and benefits are relatively good especially when you combine that with vacation.  It's a union position and that combined with being a government job means that it is one of the few jobs that have generous retirement benefits as well as excellent and relatively inexpensive health insurance. My parents both worked for NYC and their pensions combined with their living below their means meant they were able to enjoy retirement without any financial issues.

Without being sexist since it impacts mothers and fathers - you would have days off when your kids are off which is a huge issue for many working families who have to figure out what to do with kids when school isn't in session. And you can get relatively well paid summer jobs at camps or other types of organizations. My cousin (male) was a teacher and worked himself into administration - principal and then administrator of a relatively affluent NJ school district. It didn't pay as well as he might have made with equal credentials in the corporate world but he did fine and had the psychological bonus of knowing that he was doing good (or as good as he could) instead of just making money for a corporation.

Smaller school districts would obviously have lower salaries and less generous benefits.

But to the original point, I think Melissa could probably have qualified to be an elementary school teacher. I don't think she is "intellectual" but I don't think she is a stupid woman. I value teachers - my mother and most of my aunts as well as the mothers of kids I grew up with were all teachers in the NYC school system but the actual credits needed to become certified aren't rocket science and a straight teaching major isn't considered to be a difficult major.

I also wanted to add that my mother and her generation of NYC school teachers were all pre-feminist and so their opportunities were limited in terms of career. My mother graduated Phi Beta Kappa in Chemistry but teaching was really the only option for her when she started working - and even working when she still had two young children was relatively rare in the 1950's. If she had been born in my generation - she (and most of the other women of her age and academic smarts) would have been doctors and lawyers like their daughters were :-).

Edited by amarante
  • Love 4

I dunno if NY has a teacher shortage.  I try to avoid teachers.  Chalk it up to PTSD.

But, @sATL, yep, I’m right there with you—I think Melissa could have, at most, eked out exactly one four-year degree, perhaps in sociology.  I don’t think she has six in her, and I don’t see her having the discipline to write a thesis.

NJ doesn’t seem to have the masters requirement that NY has, so she still could have been a teacher with a four-year degree, but I don’t see her ever having been able to pass the certifications and jump through the hoops that a teacher has to jump through in order to gain full-time employment at a school.  It was much more her speed to just marry Joe and start popping babies out.  

I forgot all about the fact that Melissa had been given credit on the show (by Jo Go, IIRC, and she didn’t correct him) for having been a teacher, when she was just a student teacher.  Ugh!  When I was in sixth grade, my teacher had a coughing fit and she asked the smartest kid in the class to take over a lecture for her for five minutes.  I guess he was a teacher too.  At eleven.  I taught horseback lessons when I was in college.  I guess I was a teacher too.  We’re all teachers in the literal sense.  Just like 90% of us are buyers at Macy’s.  I better add all this new shit to my resume!

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

NJ doesn’t seem to have the masters requirement that NY has, so she still could have been a teacher with a four-year degree, but I don’t see her ever having been able to pass the certifications and jump through the hoops that a teacher has to jump through in order to gain full-time employment at a school.  It was much more her speed to just marry Joe and start popping babies out.  

NJ is essentially a bunch of little school districts. Teacher qualifications and pay would vary depending on the district. Teachers from affluent districts would be paid well and would attract highly qualified teachers. Those in poor districts would pay less and require less.

NJ has super high real estate taxes because each small jurisdiction is essentially funding the public schools and most suburban towns/municipalities don't have a large commercial/industrial tax base so most of the cost is borne by homeowners. Districts in affluent suburbs generally have parents willing to pay high taxes to support schools because it is still cheaper than private school. And in a chicken and egg scenario, good school districts means housing is expensive and desirable and therefore affluent parents continue moving in. 

New York City actually has relatively low property taxes for owners of single family homes because NYC has such an enormous other tax base from commercial sources. I grew up in Brooklyn and taxes for my parents' more expensive house was much lower than my relatives who lived in less expensive homes in the Jersey suburbs.

• Useful 3
59 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Dolores, if anyone in my Italian American family called me a "C" or a bitch, to use your own words.  "That won't end well".  trust me....  How sad that you've allowed ANYONE to call you those words, well at least the one in particular.

I need to re-watch this part.. I missed it live...

Was Delores referring to her dad and/or brother called her (or her mother) a "C" or "b*itch" too   - since she is from a Italian American family ? The way her father's personality is now.. it a little hard to believe..not saying he didn't cuss.. but him calling his daughter out of her name and also they loving-playful  way they get along now.... hmmm

But Juicy on the other hand...his cuss outs are beyond derogatory and dis-respectable. I had forgotten about that incident at the winery they flash-backed to. Jucicy has cussed at Gia one to many times, when Tre was locked up. Father or not, I wouldn't want him around my young children w/o supervision.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Dolores, if anyone in my Italian American family called me a "C" or a bitch, to use your own words.  "That won't end well".  trust me....  How sad that you've allowed ANYONE to call you those words, well at least the one in particular.

ditto for other ethnic groups American family.

It might be the last words ever said... brother, cousin, in-law, son , uncle,  dog all would be after that ass..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

I need to re-watch this part.. I missed it live...

Was Delores referring to her dad and/or brother called her (or her mother) a "C" or "b*itch" too   - since she is from a Italian American family ? The way her father's personality is now.. it a little hard to believe..not saying he didn't cuss.. but him calling his daughter out of her name and also they loving-playful  way they get along now.... hmmm

But Juicy on the other hand...his cuss outs a beyond derogatory and dis-respectable. I had forgotten about that incident at the winery they flash-backed to. Jucicy has cussed at Gia one to many times, when Tre was locked up. Father or not, I wouldn't want him around my young children w/o supervision.

yep.  she basically said that its common in Italian American families.....I was like WTF??

• Love 3

I do not like Jackie but 500% with her this episode. I am mom to 3 young adults/teens - girl and boys. All of my kids would have been 100% OK with Jackie’s party and esp the boys. They would have had a good time. All they really care about is hanging out with friends and having a good time. These are tweens, not four year olds for whom goodie bags are a perk because they don’t have the maturity to realize it is more about the company. Jennifer is so insecure about her kids that she feels like their friends need “experiences“ to keep them coming around and talking to her kids. 

In terms of Jackie’s lack of effort, my experience with tween and teen boys is the last thing they want is a hovering, “try hard“ mom at their party. Little effort is a good thing to them as long as there is food and things to drink.  

Jennifer went nuts as soon as her nosy ass realized Jackie rents that place out for $50K. Then it became the contest over who has the most and spends it in the right way. Jennifer realized she does not have the most so she moved on to how it is spent. 

• Love 9

I have to add a few shallow notes: 

I'll never believe how tacky these women look for people with money. Shocked Teresa and Jackie don't get along better considering their style choices. Tree in that hot pink number and Jackie in leather pants and neon green top! I thought Jackie looked like she was going clubbing, not to a "casual restaurant." Tree looked like she was trying to cover up a bloated midsection or something with baggy clothing. Delores has that "timeless" sort of Eva Mendes style when she was pictured all over as a street style sweetheart. Problem is? She gave herself too much of a "modern" look with the Brazilian butt lift etc. And her shoes are too chunky clunky all thr time.  I appreciate her style but she doesn't have the figure for it at this point. Imagine Kim Kardashian trying to be 1950's styled...but even worse. It doesn't work Delores. Try a more contemporary look. 

Jennifer- hate logos- even Chanel. Even worse, I hate the attitude about the brand. She's an a**hole about it.

If anyone wins, it's probably going to be Melissa style-wise.

And Jackie has to stop with the mouth fillers. Terrible.

• Love 4

Jennifer reminds me of Theresa from the first season, running all over town with wads of cash to spend, bragging about the ugly shit she bought...and to add something to Tre's lack of intelligence, remember when the group went on the cruise to Italy, they got to Venice and Tre goes running to find a Chanel store, she was hot on the trail of a French designer...in Italy!  No Gucci, Pucci, or Versace, she was after the House of Chanel in Italy!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

It must be really exhausting and expensive trying to keep up a housewives look.  Between the fillers and botox and boob jobs and wardrobe, and having to wear 4 inch platforms and 3 layers of makeup at the beach, and have a different hair length each week, good grief.  I'd be such a shitty housewife.  My makeup routine consists of a bit of sheer foundation and lipgloss, my face is 100% natural because I believe that, in most cases, what you were born with is what compliments your features best (except for some nose jobs if they are wanted, i suppose), and i only wear flip flops down the shore, and if we are out at a nicer restairant, i wear a nicer flip flops.  Andy Cohen would hate me.  😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Well, I'm as old as dirt because I remember watching the nightly news when the Manson trial was actually happening.   Those stupid young girls that shaved their heads and carved those  symbols in their foreheads.  I really was amazed how loyal they were to that sick little disgusting man.   I was in elementary school when Kennedy was shot.  I was home sick that day and will never forget the news breaking into my show and announcing how the President was shot.  Wow, a feeling like nothing I had experienced.   I'm really old...lol.

I think Jennifer has 5 kids because she's going to make sure if Bill ever thinks of leaving her, he won't be able to afford it.  That's her idea of how to keep the money in her hands.   Jennifer is the poster child of being a bully.   The way she goes after Jackie, the way she brags about her own home, her access to plastic surgery and her spending habits are proof to me that in middle school she would be first in line bullying someone like her own daughter.  But, I love watching her on this show.  For my entertainment, she's the perfect cartoon character.

My kids went to numerous birthday parties when they were young.  When they were eleven years old, my job was to drop them off at the door and leave, preferably not talking to anyone as I drove away.   That's how parties worked in the old days. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, watcherwoman said:

I think Jennifer has 5 kids because she's going to make sure if Bill ever thinks of leaving her, he won't be able to afford it.  That's her idea of how to keep the money in her hands.   Jennifer is the poster child of being a bully.   The way she goes after Jackie, the way she brags about her own home, her access to plastic surgery and her spending habits are proof to me that in middle school she would be first in line bullying someone like her own daughter.  But, I love watching her on this show.  For my entertainment, she's the perfect cartoon character.

My kids went to numerous birthday parties when they were young.  When they were eleven years old, my job was to drop them off at the door and leave, preferably not talking to anyone as I drove away.   That's how parties worked in the old days. 

I think Jennifer, back in the day, was bullied and always aspired to be one of the “cool” girls. Now that she has money (and on tv) she’s showing off and one-upping...basically being the “cool” girl she always wanted to be. But now she’s better than anyone else 🙄

So, I think the Jennifer of yesteryear was her daughter and the Jennifer now would be her bully.

Speaking as a mother of a 9 year old- it’s still all about the dropoff.  No need to feed me, just give me my freedom. I can’t wait until we get there for the parties my younger one goes to.

• Love 8

You guys, not to belabor the "who doesn't know Manson?/what constitutes pop culture" debate, but by some weird coincidence, I have what I think MIGHT be a good example from tonight at dinner with my BF's mom and stepfather! My BF's stepfather is in his early '70s and was a musician in his 30s and he said he had never heard of the band Rush! Is that similar to what we're talking about? I thought it was! 

OK, please carry on...

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jennifer reminds me of Theresa from the first season, running all over town with wads of cash to spend, bragging about the ugly shit she bought...and to add something to Tre's lack of intelligence, remember when the group went on the cruise to Italy, they got to Venice and Tre goes running to find a Chanel store, she was hot on the trail of a French designer...in Italy!  No Gucci, Pucci, or Versace, she was after the House of Chanel in Italy!

The “Chanels” store that—as Caroline pointed out—could also be found in NYC, just an hour or so away from their homes! 

Sadly this still ranks low on the “list of idiotic things Tre has done and said over the years.” 

Edited by Duke2801
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Right there with you Watcherwoman!  I was in 4th grade when Kennedy was killed in Dallas.  I was in Houston, where he & Jackie had been the night before.  It was horrible!  But sister, we're old as DIRT!!! LOL!

• Love 2
On 1/26/2020 at 4:56 PM, goofygirl said:

Right there with you Watcherwoman!  I was in 4th grade when Kennedy was killed in Dallas.  I was in Houston, where he & Jackie had been the night before.  It was horrible!  But sister, we're old as DIRT!!! LOL!

I’m just as old and just as dirty lol I was home sick that day too. I remember my mom crying all week. 

• Love 2
On 1/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, Stats Queen said:

I thought Teresa and Joe met in high school? Last night she said she was a buyer at Macy’s when they met.

I thought Teresa and Joe actually grew up together, and started dating in high school?  I remember way back when the whole rift between the Guidices/Gorgas was happening Joe Gorga saying growing up he thought Joe Guidice was his cousin, that’s how close the families were.

So Jennifer...I still like her (small voice).  I guess in her culture talking about money isn’t taboo which isn’t a bad thing.  When she was shopping with Margaret she even said basically sorry she was so in the business but she was so intrigued she couldn’t help herself.  Why didn’t Jackie just shut her down (politely) and say she didn’t want to discuss specifics??  As far as the kid’s party, I saw nothing wrong with the pizza and I personally wouldn’t just dump amazon boxes on the sidewalk for party favors but I really wouldn’t care if someone else did.  Jennifer didn’t express she thought it was tacky to Jackie, but since Margaret brought it up well....she gave her opinion.  I don’t know, I guess I’m just really not a Jackie fan so it’s whatever.

• Love 6
On 1/26/2020 at 4:01 AM, Duke2801 said:

The “Chanels” store that—as Caroline pointed out—could also be found in NYC, just an hour or so away from their homes! 

Sadly this still ranks low on the “list of idiotic things Tre has done and said over the years.” 

What about I would never live in a house that someone lived in before me that's just so Ew lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, amarante said:

I think it underscores exactly how much of a real idiot Teresa is. None of the housewives with the possible exception of Jackie are "smart" in terms of intellectual prowess but to not have any knowledge of major cultural references and historical events is beyond the norm. 

It shows the chasm between her and her theoretical peers like Melissa and Dolores. I think it goes to why she doesn't understand basic dynamics between people and seems to miss the boat. 

I think she is probably borderline mentally low IQ versus people who might lack formal education and "book smarts" but are of normal intelligence. She often seems to have a somewhat dazed look on her face as if she is having trouble actually processing information when people speak - which might be why she misses the point. It could even explain why she is so "hot headed" in the same way that people with dementia often exhibit abrupt bursts of anger because they are confused by what is going on and anger is how they respond to their confusion. 

She definitely has a low IQ. I agree with what you are saying, you explained it well...

• Love 3

So I just started watching season 1 again and I'm really surprised by Teresa.  She can speak much more clearly and while clearly "spoiled rich girl" she is not nearly as vapid and idiotic as she is now.  Part of me wonders if she plays it up a bit?  

This episode was exhausting.  That fight was exhausting.  Why fight so much about a birthday party??  Nobody cares!  

And I have to say this.  Just because Melissa is all beige and glossy now, she is still jersey shore trash and that was on display loud and clear this episode.  Her "are you looking at me?" and her "take her out of here! Take her away from me, get her away from me" schtick is straight outta Seaside.  And her digs at Teresa were unnecessary, tre was literally just sitting there.  Jen was being an imbecile this episode but good for her for not backing down on Melissa calling Tre an idiot, and ignorant, and all that and trying to act like she hadn't.  

I see that Jackie has found her ticket on the "teresa is a strong and admirable woman" express.

And frank sr is a neanderthal.  And clearly the Joes don't buy that there is nothing with him and dolores either.

• Love 2