Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Live Chat Thread

Aethera
  • Start Topic

I'm not getting all the drama around Robyn having to vacate a house she rented. Is it not understood when you move into a rental house,  the owners might sell it? By the rest of the world anyway?

IMO Kody appears more Mansonesque every week.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I knew it! The ladies do think they are too good to live in a mobile home... it’s not Kody.

I love how Robyn says I've lived in a trailer and the other 3 wives were lik so have we with him!  LOL

In other words, the first 3 wives didn't always have it easy.  All their husband could provide was a single wide trailer that they all shared Robyn.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

In one talking head, Kody says that he was planning on building "this summer."  So was this filmed last year - as in, maybe early 2019, and he was talking about the summer of 2019?  Or was it even before that?  And I know this has been asked, but do they even own the Coyote Pass property anymore, and is there anything being built on it?

Just trying to separate the lies from the rilly big lies.  

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

In one talking head, Kody says that he was planning on building "this summer."  So was this filmed last year - as in, maybe early 2019, and he was talking about the summer of 2019?  Or was it even before that?  And I know this has been asked, but do they even own the Coyote Pass property anymore, and is there anything being built on it?

Just trying to separate the lies from the rilly big lies.  

Yes, his reference to "this summer" would have meant starting LAST summer in 2019.  However, he said it all sat on the houses in Vegas selling.  According to that (real) timeline only Robyn's and Janelle's sold before the summer, with Meri's in the summer and Christine's didn't go until late fall last year.

I'm still scratching my head how they can be arguing over who gets what land when they bought the land already, so isn't that already decided?  They didn't buy one big plot, but 4 separate plots side by side.  I went back and found the link to the county page that shows the land is 4 squares/rectangles side by side in a row, yet when they showed on this episode where the "houses" might go, it made it look like the land was one big square equally sized in a block.  Who knows really tho...according to the county site all the land has multiple names on it, I'm assuming the way real life would work is each wife again has to mortgage her own piece in her own name to have her house built. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Yes, his reference to "this summer" would have meant starting LAST summer in 2019.  However, he said it all sat on the houses in Vegas selling.  According to that (real) timeline only Robyn's and Janelle's sold before the summer, with Meri's in the summer and Christine's didn't go until late fall last year.

I'm still scratching my head how they can be arguing over who gets what land when they bought the land already, so isn't that already decided?  They didn't buy one big plot, but 4 separate plots side by side.  I went back and found the link to the county page that shows the land is 4 squares/rectangles side by side in a row, yet when they showed on this episode where the "houses" might go, it made it look like the land was one big square equally sized in a block.  Who knows really tho...according to the county site all the land has multiple names on it, I'm assuming the way real life would work is each wife again has to mortgage her own piece in her own name to have her house built. 

They seem to be pedaling as hard as they can to spin out this season with very little content.  I was sure that I too had seen the individual lots allocated with joint names, laid out in the positions you describe.  They are now going to make an issue of Meri isolated once again, stuck up in the trees with no sunlight streaming in, and apparently no access to a chain saw to judiciously remedy this.  They seem to have re-configured the lot allocation and now all of a sudden, Kody has spare land he wants to sell off to his BFF. 

How does this happen, do they assume that every word they utter is taken at face value and no one has the resources to check up on the "facts" that they present?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

They seem to be pedaling as hard as they can to spin out this season with very little content.  I was sure that I too had seen the individual lots allocated with joint names, laid out in the positions you describe.  They are now going to make an issue of Meri isolated once again, stuck up in the trees with no sunlight streaming in, and apparently no access to a chain saw to judiciously remedy this.  They seem to have re-configured the lot allocation and now all of a sudden, Kody has spare land he wants to sell off to his BFF. 

How does this happen, do they assume that every word they utter is taken at face value and no one has the resources to check up on the "facts" that they present?

When Kody asked Kyle if he wanted to buy the land and be "neighbors" I took that to mean that he was talking about an adjoining piece of property that was for sale.  I suspect every square inch of that valley is gridded up and for sale or sold.

• Useful 2

Good heavens, I forgot about Kody practically begging his good buddy Kyle to be his neighbor.  That's just wonderful, to put a wife-beater right down the road from your own wives and kids.  I don't know the details of what happened but what was posted here is pretty horrible, and if Kody knows what his friend has done, then his wives have to know too, right?  Or did this happen months after this episode was aired?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I was confused by that as well.  According to how Kody was laying out the houses, they are not building the houses within the lots as they purchased them.  Which makes me wonder if they will have to legally do something to redraw the lot lines.  According to how they purchased them, they purchased four square lots in a row in this order from the street: Janelle, Robyn, Meri, Christine.  So Christine would be in the last lot in the trees.

• Love 4

There's a YouTube episode of Polygamy:  What Love Is This, that features Kyle's first wife.

She had a baby every year so he wouldn't take another wife, he did anyway, and she left, but not before being beaten, and we've seen the pictures.  Yeah, just the thing, Kootie!  Bring that abusive asshole to be your neighbor.  I can't believe the wives actually spoke to him.  Are they that clueless?  Looks that way.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Are they that clueless?

Do you even have to ask?  They are beyond clueless, they are downright stupid.  They have hitched their star to a man-child who will ultimately put them in the poorhouse.  Or worse.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Good heavens, I forgot about Kody practically begging his good buddy Kyle to be his neighbor.  That's just wonderful, to put a wife-beater right down the road from your own wives and kids.  I don't know the details of what happened but what was posted here is pretty horrible, and if Kody knows what his friend has done, then his wives have to know too, right?  Or did this happen months after this episode was aired?

If TLC is presenting the episodes more or less in sequence, Kody must have known about the charges, which were filed in 2018.  The episode with Kyle would have been filmed after Valentine's Day and Kody's birthday in February 2019.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 2/17/2020 at 10:31 AM, Kohola3 said:

Decriminalizing polygamy is not the same as making it legal. That's never going to happen. That would be a nightmare of epic proportions. Imagine trying to write inheritance laws!

I wonder if they also don’t actually want polygamy legalized because the law would ensure it is legal for women to have multiple spouses as well.  That is probably not a desired outcome for these folks.  It seems the institution of marriage would disintegrate quickly due to all the legal issues.  It would become easier if no one married - maybe?

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I was confused by that as well.  According to how Kody was laying out the houses, they are not building the houses within the lots as they purchased them.  Which makes me wonder if they will have to legally do something to redraw the lot lines.  According to how they purchased them, they purchased four square lots in a row in this order from the street: Janelle, Robyn, Meri, Christine.  So Christine would be in the last lot in the trees.

I thought I had heard they bought a couple more adjacent lots after the initial 4 lot purchase?

• Useful 1

So Robyn's house was sold. They put the money in the bank not to be touched according to Robyn. Kody is making plans to build 4 houses but then Robyn's house was sold. So when did they purchase a $1,000.000 + house for Robyn? And how did that figure into building 4 houses at Cyote Pass Plague property? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

So Robyn's house was sold. They put the money in the bank not to be touched according to Robyn. Kody is making plans to build 4 houses but then Robyn's house was sold. So when did they purchase a $1,000.000 + house for Robyn? And how did that figure into building 4 houses at Cyote Pass Plague property? 

How much ya wanna bet that the "family money" from Robyn's house selling went right into her million dollar new house?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

How much ya wanna bet that the "family money" from Robyn's house selling went right into her million dollar new house?

Of course it did!  Because... well she DESERVES it, yanno!  If your house is large enough you can't hear the kids making noise during the day when you are trying to get your beauty rest!  And boy does she need it!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Come on, wouldn't you spend a few hundred thousand for a place, just so you wouldn't have to hang out at Meri's cliffside monastery?  

I think I read somewhere in one of the threads that the house cost 890K (its on realtor.com) and they spent more than a million in the deal, buying a few extra lots.  You can see the Coyote pass land from Robyn's house.  so maybe that's how the got the tree lot

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

?  

I think I read somewhere in one of the threads that the house cost 890K (its on realtor.com) and they spent more than a million in the deal, buying a few extra lots.  You can see the Coyote pass land from Robyn's house.  so maybe that's how the got the tree lot

Rigghhhttt......  and yet Kody and Robyn were all bent out of shape that Robyn got last pick of a corner of their plot of land?  For what?  Planting tulips?  This family is so ridiculous!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Come on, wouldn't you spend a few hundred thousand for a place, just so you wouldn't have to hang out at Meri's cliffside monastery?  

My guess is that they will build Janelle a house on the lot they bought attached to Robyn's new house.  Christine will stay at her current house (that she owns) since it's only a mile away.   Meri will rent until the show is over then move on.  They will then try to put Coyote Pass up for sale.  My predictions anyway.... 

Edited by smarty2020
  • Useful 5
  • Love 18

Ooooh I forgot about the live chat thread. 
They are all trying to assert their dominance while Kody throws a weed at the camera men. 
And the arguing makes no sense.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Meri, We all heard you say you didn't want to be in the trees anymore because your rental is in the trees and you've realized how dark that makes it inside the house. Why is she trying to pretend she didn't say that?

She likes to get attention, imo.

• Love 4

OMG - Kody almost slammed his hair in the door!   I scooched to the edge of my seat in anticipation and held my breath for a split second in glee - DANG!!  He AND his hair got into the car unscathed!

• LOL 5

Good Lord, When they lived in the other space they all expected to be able to enter her personal space at any time because of the kids? Nope. Robyn the favourite wife once again playing the injured party when she was able to weasel her way in and get Kody to legally marry her...pas bien.

• Love 4
On 2/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, Just Wondering said:

I wonder if they also don’t actually want polygamy legalized because the law would ensure it is legal for women to have multiple spouses as well.  That is probably not a desired outcome for these folks.  It seems the institution of marriage would disintegrate quickly due to all the legal issues.  It would become easier if no one married - maybe?

I've never met a single plural wife who thought having more than one husband would be desirable.  WHO wants that?  One husband is QUITE enough, thank you very much!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Maire said:

How are they ever going to live together when none of the 5 of them can carpool to one location?

I wish I could give this a hundred likes!  I think that every single time I see them all meet somewhere!

• Love 4

This whole experience has been a look into how they actually treat each other. And where each wife stands with the dingbat that they married. Robin is full of shit Meri is behaving like a child.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

You know what.... I have a feeling this was all set-up.  Meri wants to leave, so she said, "Ok, make me the bad guy".  (Not that she ISN'T at times!)  But now she can part ways with the fambly.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6