Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Live Chat Thread

Aethera
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She’s huge and she knows it. She tries to fool everyone by using skinny filters in her SM posts (versus just, you know, losing weight). When she doesn’t use them, you can see how big she really is. 

It's really evident in her face.  Every facial muscle seems to have collapsed and there is no tone at all (with the exception of the orange toner she applies).  Christine has gained facial wrinkles with her weight loss and Janelle, who I am sure out-weighs Meri, still has a robust, alive look to her face.

Maybe Sofa Sloth could explain what has happened to Meri's face, it's a look I have seen with chronic boozers but I don't think that's what has gone on with Meri.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I am also watching after 90 Day and prior to Pillow Talk.  If all the women pay their own mortgage, rent and utilities, where the heck does Kody come into this?

He gets to mooch off all the wimminfolk by virtue of his magic peen.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, goofygirl said:

And Janelle's only showing the houses on the weekend?  Ggrreeeaaattt.....

Sobbyn: STFU!!!!

Janelle was holding open houses on the weekends. IF there were showing appointments during the week IDK if she was foolish enuf to make the 4 hour drive back and forth for them or if a fellow realtor with her firm handled them.

1 hour ago, rayndon said:

Janelle was holding open houses on the weekends. IF there were showing appointments during the week IDK if she was foolish enuf to make the 4 hour drive back and forth for them or if a fellow realtor with her firm handled them.

The houses were all listed on MLS with lock boxes, so any realtor could show them at any time.  One minor detail Janelle neglected to provide was information sheets that a prospective purchaser could carry away with them to jog their memory on the details of the houses.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

The houses were all listed on MLS with lock boxes, so any realtor could show them at any time.  One minor detail Janelle neglected to provide was information sheets that a prospective purchaser could carry away with them to jog their memory on the details of the houses.

I'm almost certain that Janelle wasn't ever the agent for Robyn's or Meri's homes. They weren't put on the market in real life until January 2019 and Thomas Love was the listing agent. I think Meri would rather have a rock be her agent than Janelle. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I see those realtor signs with the info sheets all the time, on my walks.  I know the Browns thought with their Z-list "celebrity" the houses would sell to the first people to see them.  Delusional.  Mona blew a lot of smoke up their asses, for sure.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

I predict Janelle gives up in the next episode or two and gets no commission.

IF the 4 houses were originally listed by Janelle as the listing agent, she'd get a percentage of the commission and the agent who made the actual sale would get a portion, too.  Real estate commission percentages (6-7-8% +/-) vary around the country, so someone from Las Vegas would have to tell us how much, if any, commission Janelle would have earned by just listing the houses (if she did list them).  When they were in the beginning talking stages about this plan they were hoping she would list and sell all of the houses and pocket all the money from the sales, but... delusional - all of them!

Their dreams of huge equity profits coupled with the listing and sales commissions on the 4 houses that Janelle hoped to bring in must have put the Browns into quite a funk when everything fell apart.  Kody's construction dreams were probably set back - considerably - or they should have been.  That's quite a lot of money they were counting on that they simply do not have.  SMH  what an awfully insecure way to feel and live. But, that's what they're used to.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, rayndon said:

IF the 4 houses were originally listed by Janelle as the listing agent, she'd get a percentage of the commission and the agent who made the actual sale would get a portion, too.  Real estate commission percentages (6-7-8% +/-) vary around the country, so someone from Las Vegas would have to tell us how much, if any, commission Janelle would have earned by just listing the houses (if she did list them).  When they were in the beginning talking stages about this plan they were hoping she would list and sell all of the houses and pocket all the money from the sales, but... delusional - all of them!

Their dreams of huge equity profits coupled with the listing and sales commissions on the 4 houses that Janelle hoped to bring in must have put the Browns into quite a funk when everything fell apart.  Kody's construction dreams were probably set back - considerably - or they should have been.  That's quite a lot of money they were counting on that they simply do not have.  SMH  what an awfully insecure way to feel and live. But, that's what they're used to.

I'm pretty sure the houses were all listed by Thomas Love, a realtor that specializes in that particular community.  If Janelle had any business sense, she may have been able to squeeze a referral fee from him.   

They would have been far better off to have referred them to him in the first place instead of hoping Janelle could work any kind of magic.  I think she participated in 2 sales her entire 5 or 6 year "career" with TIM Realty.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm pretty sure the houses were all listed by Thomas Love, a realtor that specializes in that particular community.  If Janelle had any business sense, she may have been able to squeeze a referral fee from him.   

They would have been far better off to have referred them to him in the first place instead of hoping Janelle could work any kind of magic.  I think she participated in 2 sales her entire 5 or 6 year "career" with TIM Realty.

I think I remember Realtor.com had five sales (all REOs if memory serves) attributed to Janelle, who was never an actual Realtor ie she didn't pay the extra dough or whatever it takes to be able to use the designation. She was merely an agent.

• Useful 4
36 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm almost certain that Janelle wasn't ever the agent for Robyn's or Meri's homes. They weren't put on the market in real life until January 2019 and Thomas Love was the listing agent. I think Meri would rather have a rock be her agent than Janelle. 

A rock would have done a better job.

• LOL 12

I remember looking the houses up on Zillow last Fall, and Janelle was the listing agent (only 2-3 were listed at the time). If her contract ran out, I don't think she'd get any of the commission after they signed a new contract with Thomas Love.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I remember looking the houses up on Zillow last Fall, and Janelle was the listing agent (only 2-3 were listed at the time). If her contract ran out, I don't think she'd get any of the commission after they signed a new contract with Thomas Love.

Right, she wouldn't have been eligible for a commission if her contract ran out and I doubt that TMI would have released the contracts to Thomas Love unless they had.  If Janelle acknowledged that she couldn't service the homes from Flagstaff, TMI would have assigned them to another realtor in their own office.  TMI had already incurred processing fees and advertising dollars on the properties and they would have wanted to recoup those costs if possible.

If the contract had run out and Janelle called in T. Love, she may have been able to squeeze a 20% referral fee from him.  This is frequently done by realtors when they send business to another, it would have had to have been done under the auspices of TMI though, to avoid the optics of a kickback.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Right, she wouldn't have been eligible for a commission if her contract ran out and I doubt that TMI would have released to contract to Thomas Love unless they had.  If Janelle acknowledged that she couldn't service the homes from Flagstaff, TMI would have assigned them to another realtor in their own office.  TMI had already incurred processing fees and advertising dollars on the properties and they would have wanted to recoup those costs if possible.

If the contract had run out and Janelle called in T. Love, she may have been able to squeeze a 20% referral fee from him.  This is frequently done by realtors when they send business to another, it would have had to have been done under the auspices of TMI though, to avoid the optics of a kickback.

I'm learning more and more about how the real estate biz works!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Sandy W said:

That would mean taking good-quality photographs of each house, writing up sheets of information on each house, going to Kinko's for copies, and making sure each home was stocked with info sheets.  And we're talking about Janelle here, so......

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That would mean taking good-quality photographs of each house, writing up sheets of information on each house, going to Kinko's for copies, and making sure each home was stocked with info sheets.  And we're talking about Janelle here, so......

:::::pass the Fritos::::::   "There's a good show coming on that I want to watch....."

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Honestly, I kept waiting for someone to ask about the cost of the Fambly House.   Oh, they're Browns so maybe they will worry about it later.

I had breakfast with an architect this morning who mentioned that for what they were building cost per square foot might be anywhere from $200-400;  he was unfamiliar with the COL for Flagstaff.  Thinking they might go with cheaper materials I figured maybe $250-300 which would bring the cost of this monstrosity to between $3,250,000-3,900,000.   

Part of that I am sure has to do with it being more like a multiplex with real divisions between "homes" and all the extra plumbing.   This does not include cost of land or putting in utilities.

Janelle is really into this;  maybe she thinks it will prevent any wives from escaping.  Meri would hate it because there would probably be no one to sell her share to if, I mean when, she flees unless one of the older children move back to Flag and want to live in the "big house."

I can't imagine they will ever have the funds for this, but it is fun thinking about the four women living there together but not really together.  I don't think TLC pays enough.   The Little Couple had to reduce their original asking price by over $300,000, and it took nearly a year to sell it.  Being a celeb on TLC just doesn't increase the value of a house to the average buyer.

• Love 6
On 1/26/2020 at 11:10 PM, deirdra said:

I think the 6-bedroom was originally set at $699,000 and the 5-bedrooms at ~$650,000, based on what Mona told them in ~May.  But based on last week's episode, they took several months to get the houses ready to put on the market instead of hiring cleaners, painters, etc. to get them on the market ASAP. It must have been late September or early October when they finally started building the walls, as the market continued to drop.

I believe some of the other homes in that same gated area, had better add on's and were not just left as standard homes.  The owners made them look nice inside.  The Browns just didn't have the money to do that.  But like you said.  If they would've hired professionals to come in and make the homes nice, they might have sold much quicker.  Plus, you leaves loads of stuff in your old home, you probably don't need it and should donate it to goodwill.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

I had breakfast with an architect this morning who mentioned that for what they were building cost per square foot might be anywhere from $200-400;  he was unfamiliar with the COL for Flagstaff.  Thinking they might go with cheaper materials I figured maybe $250-300 which would bring the cost of this monstrosity to between $3,250,000-3,900,000.   

And that would be for a serviced lot.  They have to pay to bring in all the utilities and deal with their sewage.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I believe some of the other homes in that same gated area, had better add on's and were not just left as standard homes.  The owners made them look nice inside.  The Browns just didn't have the money to do that.  But like you said.  If they would've hired professionals to come in and make the homes nice, they might have sold much quicker.  Plus, you leaves loads of stuff in your old home, you probably don't need it and should donate it to goodwill.

Exactly, they really couldn't afford to decorate their homes or fully furnish them...

Apparently other homes in that cul-de-sac had swimming pools and I saw a listing for one of them a couple years ago and it was very nice inside, lots of upgrades and nice decor.

The Brown's were barely able to get their asses into those homes and it showed that they were house poor.

Reminds me of people who buy a huge house and hang sheets or even flags on the windows for curtains.  

• Love 4

I remember back in the 1970s when my parents were getting our first house ready to put on the market. They didn't hire professionals to clean the house and tidy the yard. They didn't have to because all six of us - mom, dad, and four kids ages 11-14 - pitched in. We each had to pack up and clean our own bedrooms and help move everything to our new house a couple miles away. Then after everything was moved, we spent several days (this was in summer) deep cleaning the empty 4 bedroom 2 bath house and yard. 

• Love 13

QUESTION: You know that footage we saw of the wives and Kody standing out in the snow, where Kody is talking about Robyn only getting table scraps? She protests and he basically tells her to shut up? Was that in a commercial/teaser, or was it part of an episode that already aired? 

Thanks!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2020 at 1:55 PM, Twopper said:

I believe the Williams from My Five Wives, built one large house a few years ago and if I remember correctly, they spent about 1 million on it.  Then again him and his brother owned a construction company, so they probably saved some money building themselves.  Have always wondered how the allocation of space was awarded to each of the wives.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I believe the Williams from My Five Wives, built one large house a few years ago and if I remember correctly, they spent about 1 million on it.  Then again him and his brother owned a construction company, so they probably saved some money building themselves.  Have always wondered how the allocation of space was awarded to each of the wives.

Yep. If Kody weren't just farming for a storyline he would have been in touch with other polygamists who actually DO live in one house (and have those houses custom built) instead of going to a draftswoman to just design one for him.  Since Brady was a construction guy he could have talked real talk with Kody...

AND.  If both Brady and the Dargers are open and on television polygamists and still living in Utah...and they haven't been raided and rounded up and taken to some undisclosed fundamental boot camp by now....what does Kody still fear?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Yep. If Kody weren't just farming for a storyline he would have been in touch with other polygamists who actually DO live in one house (and have those houses custom built) instead of going to a draftswoman to just design one for him.  Since Brady was a construction guy he could have talked real talk with Kody...

AND.  If both Brady and the Dargers are open and on television polygamists and still living in Utah...and they haven't been raided and rounded up and taken to some undisclosed fundamental boot camp by now....what does Kody still fear?

Hmm!  Besides Robyn's temper tantrums.....?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Galloway Cave said:

Just joking. Seems like there are fewer and fewer of us each episode.

Yeah.  Probably because there is less and less going on with each episode.  I can sum it up two sentences.... "ONE HOUSE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  And - "Valentine's Day is hard for Polygamists."  Snort.   Oodles of excitement here.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Christine lost all that weight and looks the best I've seen her all these years.  She can find someone  to  spend the rest of her life with who will put her first and only if she does want monogamy instead of vying for douchebag Cody's attention which she will never get fully.

1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

Christine, you are a MONOGAMIST. You're either okay with sharing a man with other women or you're not.

• Love 6

Christine really wants to be monogamous  or at least pretend she is, she is very concerned with the others seeing or overhearing things she says IMO.

1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

Edited by LucyEth
something went wrong and repeated the post
  • Love 7