Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Live Chat Thread

Aethera
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

So 50 year old women are standing in a million dollar home making...vision boards? With pictures of houses and whatnot? Good lord, they are hard up for story lines.

Let's see...they have a decision to make that could cost them millions of dollars and put them in debt up to Kody's hair weave for the rest of their lives...so let's talk it out by purchasing $573.25 worth of craft items from Michaels and stand around flipping through magazines looking for words and pictures to put on a "vision board" that are not only framed, but Meri's had to be re-painted because she didn't like the original frame color.  I just - *sigh*.

11 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Robyn has two kids asking where dad is? What a liar. Just go look in the Lazy Boy, you will find him there.

Oh, that Robyn - that was a knee-slapper.  She's such a wackadoodle, trying to get us to buy that her kids don't know where Kody is when he's at Robyn's house 99% of the time, and the other 1%, he's driving around Flagstaff in his convertible to get that nasty "negative energy" stank off of him.

11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I find it interesting that Janelle, the only wife who wasn't raised in polygamy, is the one pushing for all the wives to live under one roof.  

Why do we think this is?  My opinion is that the only reason she's doing it is because she knows it's never going to happen, and this is her way of replacing Christine as the free-spirited, fun-loving wife for a hot minute.  Also, she knows that Meri is firmly out of Kody's good graces forever so it gives her leeway to be more vocal and not the usual bump on a log that she's been for the past 87 seasons.  The subtext behind how these women behave continues to fascinate me in an unhealthy way.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

OK. My mind is mush after the 90DF tell-all, so might as well finish it off with The House.

Ack!  I watched that, too, and because I forgot that there was a live chat over here and because I cannot watch this show when it airs (because the FF button is my bff), I ended up watching Autopsy Florence Henderson which I had recorded.   I also recorded  Pillowtalk  as well as Homeland, but I haven't watched those yet.   After FFing thru much of Autopsy, I did start watching SW, but I fell asleep.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LAMMA said:

Wasn't polygamy just okayed by the government in Utah pretty sure I read that.

Not quite yet.  It was voted out of committee (unanimously, I think) in the Utah state senate so it still would have to pass both the senate and house to become law.

Also it just reduces polygamy from a felony to an infraction (like a traffic ticket) so I guess the only penalty might be a fine or warning.   Not sure of the details of the bill.

• Useful 3

It passed unanimously in a Senate committee and then in the Senate as a whole, without debate. There will be a second Senate vote,  IIRC for an additional provision, and then it goes to the House. 

Let's face it, it's already a done deal - they didn't even care enough to debate it.

The legislature and judiciary are 90% LDS and Utah is a theocracy.

Look at the ages of legislators and judges - polygamy is only a couple generations back for many of them (three generations at most). Sigh.

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Decriminalizing polygamy is not the same as making it legal. That's never going to happen. That would be a nightmare of epic proportions. Imagine trying to write inheritance laws!

Am I reading more into this than is warranted?  The way I see it, polygamists do not want it legalized because then, there would have to be accountability, if it's decriminalized, then they simply don't have to suffer consequences for their actions.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, suomi said:

It passed unanimously in a Senate committee and then in the Senate as a whole, without debate. There will be a second Senate vote,  IIRC for an additional provision, and then it goes to the House. 

I guess the article I read was before the full Senate vote.  Ugh!!!

So I guess they expect it to pass.   Will the Gov sign it?  I have no idea about politics in Utah.

The U.S. Justice Department has now said what hundreds of young Utahns have known for years: Utah State University let students get raped and didn’t do anything.

In the five years from 2013 to 2017, there were 240 sexual harassment cases — including rapes and forcible sexual assaults — that were reported to the university, but only a tenth of the time was the report even processed under the correct federal law, let alone thoroughly investigated.

The report focuses on the university, but history has shown that the stain bleeds off campus. As The Tribune has shown in its Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting, USU football player Torrey Green was helped in his rape spree by a friendly cop and an incompetent Cache County Attorney’s office.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/editorial/2020/02/15/tribune-editorial-usu-has/

https://kutv.com/news/local/the-salt-lake-tribune-wins-pulitzer-prize-for-campus-rape-coverage

~ Politics in Utah ~

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

Ack!  I watched that, too, and because I forgot that there was a live chat over here and because I cannot watch this show when it airs (because the FF button is my bff), I ended up watching Autopsy Florence Henderson which I had recorded.   I also recorded  Pillowtalk  as well as Homeland, but I haven't watched those yet.   After FFing thru much of Autopsy, I did start watching SW, but I fell asleep.

They had a show on Carol Brady's autopsy?!? Yikes.

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Okay well that preview states that the one house idea gets killed, so now we have another 12 minutes of nonsense.

Yeah, I saw that and turned off the program.  Way to spoil the inevitable!!!  LOL!!!!!

So now, what the heck will they talk about for the rest of the season.  There really is nothing else.  No marriages, no pregnancies.....  I don't see how this program goes on.  Anyone know anything about the ratings thus far?

ETA:  And one more thing:  Robyn, you can miss me with that nonsense about not knowing why they all had to move to Flagstaff.  That was all you.  Every bit.  No one else wanted to do this, but you and you convince Kody to make it happen so you could be close to Dayton.  Nope, not buying your crocodile tears.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

They had a show on Carol Brady's autopsy?!? Yikes.

yeah, next week it is Alan Thick.  Before the one last night, they re-ran ones on Rue Macalahan (spelling) who played Blanche in Golden Girls and Lucille Ball.

The show was on REELZ followed by some show about the Brady Bunch which I didn't care to watch.

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Twopper said:

yeah, next week it is Alan Thick.  Before the one last night, they re-ran ones on Rue Macalahan (spelling) who played Blanche in Golden Girls and Lucille Ball.

The show was on REELZ followed by some show about the Brady Bunch which I didn't care to watch.

Twopper, is the name of the show "Autopsy"?

It sounds interesting and I'm gonna see if I can find it somewhere

I wonder how much Kody's dream house is going to cost?  I don't think the sale of their 3 Vegas houses could cover that mansion.  Not sure why Christine thinks other wives could walk in on her Kody, it all different apartments with doors and locks I am sure.  They could just as easily walk over to her house if they lived next door and ring the bell.  What would she do then, say "go away I am having private time with Kody".  I really believe Christine is the most in love with him.  Janelle couldn't care less in my opinion.  Meri was going to leave  him.  Robyn I am not sure about but wish she would stop crying for heavens sake, it is so annoying.  She can't state an opinion without the water works starting.   Thought the whole idea of their lifestyle/religion (not sure what religion they follow) was to support each other, chip in and do things with and for each other.  Raise their children as almost shared children.  They really are frauds.  Kody is a man with a wife and three girlfriends, none of whom really like each other.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Twopper, is the name of the show "Autopsy"?

It sounds interesting and I'm gonna see if I can find it somewhere

I am not quite sure how to move this over to small talk.  There is a forum on it that is very inactive. 

I need to go watch the rest of the sister wives show as I fell asleep last night.  I do think they are working off scripts and plot lines.  I am not sure why Janelle is suddenly so gung ho on the one house except it gives her a role as spokesman.  And converts are often more dedicated than the folks that grow up in a religion. 

I just hope they don't do another mission statement.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Robyn, correct you are.  The legal wife is the only one who has protection if the husband dies.  Isn't that why you climbed over the backs of three timid women to become the legal wife?

That reminds me of Adaleen on Big Love.  She said she climbed over the backs of 5? timid women to run things and be first in Roman's eyes.  Robyn has shot to the top of the heap, Hapsburg jaw and all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

That reminds me of Adaleen on Big Love.  She said she climbed over the backs of 5? timid women to run things and be first in Roman's eyes.  Robyn has shot to the top of the heap, Hapsburg jaw and all.

SpongeRobyn SquareJaw gets what she wants.  I think she was the end of this family (in some ways) personally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I need to go watch the rest of the sister wives show as I fell asleep last night. 

No, you don't.  You missed nothing.  Honest.  Nothing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder how much Kody's dream house is going to cost?  I don't think the sale of their 3 Vegas houses could cover that mansion.  Not sure why Christine thinks other wives could walk in on her Kody, it all different apartments with doors and locks I am sure.  They could just as easily walk over to her house if they lived next door and ring the bell.  What would she do then, say "go away I am having private time with Kody".  I really believe Christine is the most in love with him.  Janelle couldn't care less in my opinion.  Meri was going to leave  him.  Robyn I am not sure about but wish she would stop crying for heavens sake, it is so annoying.  She can't state an opinion without the water works starting.   Thought the whole idea of their lifestyle/religion (not sure what religion they follow) was to support each other, chip in and do things with and for each other.  Raise their children as almost shared children.  They really are frauds.  Kody is a man with a wife and three girlfriends, none of whom really like each other.  

or a man with an ex-wife, wife, and two baby mamas.

I figured his 13,000 sq ft house would cost about $300 per sq foot;  that does not include cost of permits, land, and putting in utilities.    I don't think they have that, and I don't think they could get a variance from city hall to construct it.

That being said, assuming they could build it,  I think Kody should build it.  He is supposed to be the head of the family so lead, Kody, lead.   He doesn't help by referring to it as "my house."   Call it the family home or a group home.  I want to slap him.

Christine does seem to have a cramp in her brain about the Lehigh house and, for whatever reason, cannot visualize this house being different.  I do think she has bad memories of having to be the chief child care person, but I thought that was what being a sister wife was supposed to be about.    I want to slap her.

Robyn is trying to cry about leaving the cul-de-sac, but she said last season she wants to bury her bones in Flagstaff so she needs to STFU.   Hard to make tears isn't it, girl.   I want to slap her.

Janelle is for this to get in Kody's good graces.   Actually, she makes more sense than Robyn or Christine about the subject.  I can't believe I wrote that.  I got lost in the religious aspect of pre-ordained children which was beginning to sound sort of scientologisty.  I want to slap her. 

The cul-de-sac is probably as good as they will ever get, and they left it.   Idiots,   I want to slap them all.

Assuming they have enough money to build on on the plains of Prairie Dog Plague Pass, they need to build 5 houses with one house having a very open floor plan to serve as a community gathering site and dining hall.  Kody gets a bedroom, and the spare bedrooms can be used if, and when, there are adult children visiting.

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

SpongeRobyn SquareJaw gets what she wants.  I think she was the end of this family (in some ways) personally.

Amen.  I do think her addition was the beginning of the end.   Doing the show at all was the end of the beginning.

I did enjoy the home movies from the Lehigh house.  I think everyone was happier then.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

Woah.  I did not even know that was a thing!  Was it good?

10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think Christine is obsessed with privacy because she wants to swing from the chandeliers with Kody and not worry about the other wives hearing. 

She keeps going on and on about private time with Kody.

His visits to Christine's house must be exhausting, all 3 of her girls at home seem to be in continuous motion, wrestling each other and flying into Christmas trees.  Then top that off with Christine trying to be the "fun" wife after a satisfying meal of fish tacos and tater tots.  After a few hours there, he is probably relieved to stagger over to Janelle's and curl up in a fetal position in her tattered pleather lazy-girl chair.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

His visits to Christine's house must be exhausting, all 3 of her girls at home seem to be in continuous motion, wrestling each other and flying into Christmas trees.  Then top that off with Christine trying to be the "fun" wife after a satisfying meal of fish tacos and tater tots.  After a few hours there, he is probably relieved to stagger over to Janelle's and curl up in a fetal position in her tattered pleather lazy-girl chair.

HA!  He only WISHES!!  After 42.5 minutes at Christine's house, Kody has to go back over to Robyn's because the kids are sobbing hysterically about not knowing who their daddy is!  So then he is stuck THERE the rest of the night, trying to avoid getting stabbed in the face with Robyn's chin.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:
10 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

So then he is stuck THERE the rest of the night, trying to avoid getting stabbed in the face with Robyn's chin.

And at least two of the kids in bed with them.

At LEAST two of them. Does Robyn ever wean the kids OUT of the bed?  Like the how many licks to the middle of the Tootsie Roll debate - the world may never know.

• LOL 15
18 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am not quite sure how to move this over to small talk.  There is a forum on it that is very inactive. 

I need to go watch the rest of the sister wives show as I fell asleep last night.  I do think they are working off scripts and plot lines.  I am not sure why Janelle is suddenly so gung ho on the one house except it gives her a role as spokesman.  And converts are often more dedicated than the folks that grow up in a religion. 

I just hope they don't do another mission statement.

Janelle is most gung ho because she had the greatest benefit, and so the greatest rewards in the Lehi house. 

• Love 4

Does anyone else have the feeling they are all just going through the motions here? Like wash, rinse, repeat? Rotation and repetition. I don't feel any real passion or energy about anything emanating from any of them.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Love 15
On 2/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I think Christine is obsessed with privacy because she wants to swing from the chandeliers with Kody and not worry about the other wives hearing. 

She keeps going on and on about private time with Kody.

I rillly need to know why they need SO MUCH  privacy? What are they doingk?

Snugglingk on the couch does not require all this privacy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

It's very interesting they have these big group spouse meetings. I would like to see each couple talking one-on-one alone sometime. It seems bizarre, like could we not have seen Kody and Robyn discuss this "bad news" privately first?

Edited by Julyolo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3