Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Premature Departure

Spike
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The thought of Syngin staying alone in the shed with maybe an electric heater, no bathroom and kitchen makes my blood boil.  Is Tania insane leaving him like that?  And he loves her?  Why?

Do they just urinate and hose off outside like dogs or what? 

If they have to enter the mother's house every time they need to pee, crap, change tampons, shower, bathe, wash hands, wash face, brush teeth, do laundry, eat, cook, wash dishes, etc., what the hell is the point of them staying in the shed? Just to be able to screw loudly? How annoying would that be for the mother??

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I just started this episode but the Blonde Beekeeper has my blood boiling with her talking head "It makes me worry they'll never accept Mursel..."  FUCK YOU LADY.  Your kids haven't been accepted by your dimwitted fiance.  Way to put them "first."

And "I don't know why they're not giving him a chance..."

Gee, I don't know lady. Could it be because he literally pretends they don't exist outside of your house? 

• Love 18
17 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I feel for Syngin. Given his high aspirations, it must be extremely frustrating and disappointing to have come all this way to be a handyman for his future mother-in-law. Let’s hope it’s a temporary position.

I don’t think Juliana is as naive as she would have us believe. After she is lawfully wedded to Michael, I am willing to bet Sarah won’t be as welcome in their home.

Not for anything, but I think Sarah is too friendly and in their faces too much for an ex wife.  She can be cordial, but that’s it.  If she continues, I see trouble brewing.  She should stay in her lane.  I don’t think Sarah and Julianna will be buddies.  I think you are right.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Michael needs to tell his ex to GTFO.  Holy...I mean I'm divorced and have an amicable relationship with my ex, but she's never been in my apartment...let alone just walked in to drop off groceries.  And then to suggest she get herself ordained to officiate his marriage?  lol...how ludicrous.  And she can also F right off with the pre-nup suggestion.  Oh sure, she's just looking out for the kids.  lol.  There was actually a scene with a dude, his soon to be bride, and his ex-wife all standing in his kitchen discussing his pre-nup agreement!  hilarious!...

Angela is pure awful.  I can't believe she's back.  It's hard to watch.  

I don't even know what to say about Tania.  Syngin is in for a world of pain if he follows through with this deal.  What a weird and uncomfortable spot to be in for him...she's one of my most dis-liked "types."  A self-professed super-awesome woke woman!  Her facebook feed must be incredibly annoying.  She'd be on constant 30 day time-out with me.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Something is just creepy about this guy.  I just can’t put my finger on it.  Plus,where did Julianna get off buying a car no less on his credit card?  Why do these people like her get the idea this country is made of money?   Americans work for their money.  It doesn’t grow on trees.  Same with Anny.  Everything with her is money, money.  My husband worked two jobs to get where we are,and I worked also, with 3 kids.

I talked about this over in their couples' thread. There's more to the car story...

As far as why people think Americans have so much money...Growing up poor, I never understood that either, but when I started traveling to other countries and living abroad it started making more sense. The international media rarely ever shows any of our "bad" stuff. Even our teen movies that are meant to show "regular American kids" have people living in McMansions and partying every weekend (Never Been Kissed, 10 Things I Hate About You, She's All That, Can't Hardly Wait, etc.) As we discussed on another thread, even when they try to show "low income familes" (the Connors, the Bundys, even the Winslows on FAMILY MATTERS-though they're more middle class) they show them living in houses with enough bedrooms for everyone and plenty of nice clothes and food to eat. 

People may not believe that our streets are paved with gold anymore, but the idea that we're all living in nice places,driving nice cars, and going on good vacations is still prevalent. I recently had a friend from Bosnia send me a message and ask me to recommend a movie that did a good job of showing MY area and how most of my community lived. There's not a single movie outside of WINTER'S BONE and maybe ELIZABETHTOWN (for the people, not for the housing) that I could suggest. MANY movies have been made about where I live; not a one of them is accurate. WINTER'S BONE even takes place in a different state, but it still does a good job of showing poverty and drug issues that my community faces. (And, geographically, it looks like us.)

It's not so much that they think that money grows on trees here, but a lot of people DO tend to think that Americans get paid better and that there is a wealth of jobs available for everyone. It's still portrayed as the place where dreams come true and anyone can "make it" here without roadblocks due to social class,skin color, age, or geographical location. 

Take into consideration, too, that the idea of "riches" is going to vary. When I am feeling really bitchy and sorry for myself sometimes I have to remember that I DO have heat, bedrooms and toys for my kids, water from a tap, an indoor bathroom, and food to eat. For some people, that would be living the dream. (And then I feel bad for complaining. It's a cycle.) My dad didn't get an indoor toilet until I was 9 years old. I used to pee off the side of the porch at night because I ran into one too many snakes coming back from the outhouse. But we don't see things like that in modern, American movies either. 

In Juliana's case, Michael has spent most of their relationship assuring her that he is a wealthy American who will take care of her. He "buys" a very big house. He drives a collection of expensive vehicles. He gives her credit cards to use and, apparently, doesn't give her a budget. That might be biting him in the ass now. Or she might just be playing up the "golddigger" character because as a couple they want to appear on future seasons of "Happily Ever After." 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
15 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

This was never stated on the show. Maybe it was stated on social media or a gossip rag? I never heard that.

I’m wondering if they even talk to or see their Father.  I’ll have to investigate.  The three boys have the same features, so I guess they all come from the same Father. Hmmm.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I talked about this over in their couples' thread. There's more to the car story...

As far as why people think Americans have so much money...Growing up poor, I never understood that either, but when I started traveling to other countries and living abroad it started making more sense. The international media rarely ever shows any of our "bad" stuff. Even our teen movies that are meant to show "regular American kids" have people living in McMansions and partying every weekend (Never Been Kissed, 10 Things I Hate About You, She's All That, Can't Hardly Wait, etc.) As we discussed on another thread, even when they try to show "low income familes" (the Connors, the Bundys, even the Winslows on FAMILY MATTERS-though they're more middle class) they show them living in houses with enough bedrooms for everyone and plenty of nice clothes and food to eat. 

People may not believe that our streets are paved with gold anymore, but the idea that we're all living in nice places,driving nice cars, and going on good vacations is still prevalent. I recently had a friend from Bosnia send me a message and ask me to recommend a movie that did a good job of showing MY area and how most of my community lived. There's not a single movie outside of WINTER'S BONE and maybe ELIZABETHTOWN (for the people, not for the housing) that I could suggest. MANY movies have been made about where I live; not a one of them is accurate. WINTER'S BONE even takes place in a different state, but it still does a good job of showing poverty and drug issues that my community faces. (And, geographically, it looks like us.)

It's not so much that they think that money grows on trees here, but a lot of people DO tend to think that Americans get paid better and that there is a wealth of jobs available for everyone. It's still portrayed as the place where dreams come true and anyone can "make it" here without roadblocks due to social class,skin color, age, or geographical location. 

Take into consideration, too, that the idea of "riches" is going to vary. When I am feeling really bitchy and sorry for myself sometimes I have to remember that I DO have heat, bedrooms and toys for my kids, water from a tap, an indoor bathroom, and food to eat. For some people, that would be living the dream. (And then I feel bad for complaining. It's a cycle.) My dad didn't get an indoor toilet until I was 9 years old. I used to pee off the side of the porch at night because I ran into one too many snakes coming back from the outhouse. But we don't see things like that in modern, American movies either. 

In Juliana's case, Michael has spent most of their relationship assuring her that he is a wealthy American who will take care of her. He "buys" a very big house. He drives a collection of expensive vehicles. He gives her credit cards to use and, apparently, doesn't give her a budget. That might be biting him in the ass now. Or she might just be playing up the "golddigger" character because as a couple they want to appear on future seasons of "Happily Ever After." 

Are you from Appalachia? How old are you? That's incredible!

I've noticed that Americans tend to have exponentially more clothes than ppl (of the same socioeconomic label) in other countries. More jewelry and toys. Plus, we have bigger medical bills and student loans.

3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m wondering if they even talk to or see their Father.  I’ll have to investigate.  The three boys have the same features, so I guess they all come from the same Father. Hmmm.

Yes, it was said they have the same father. But just that "he is not in their lives." No mention of whether or not they were married.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

That was a great post, and so true.  Thank you.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Michael needs to tell his ex to GTFO.  Holy...I mean I'm divorced and have an amicable relationship with my ex, but she's never been in my apartment...let alone just walked in to drop off groceries.  And then to suggest she get herself ordained to officiate his marriage?  lol...how ludicrous.  And she can also F right off with the pre-nup suggestion.  Oh sure, she's just looking out for the kids.  lol.  There was actually a scene with a dude, his soon to be bride, and his ex-wife all standing in his kitchen discussing his pre-nup agreement!  hilarious!...

Angela is pure awful.  I can't believe she's back.  It's hard to watch.  

I don't even know what to say about Tania.  Syngin is in for a world of pain if he follows through with this deal.  What a weird and uncomfortable spot to be in for him...she's one of my most dis-liked "types."  A self-professed super-awesome woke woman!  Her facebook feed must be incredibly annoying.  She'd be on constant 30 day time-out with me.

She's hard for me to read. I thought she was rather imperious, waltzing in one day and saying she did not want  Juliana to parent her kids. But then apparently, she said elsewhere, that was not how she intended her comment to be taken. She may mean well. Or not. I can't really get a good take on her. It's hard for me to relate at all to that type of relationship (supposedly good terms, no agenda w/ exspouse).

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I've noticed that Americans tend to have exponentially more clothes than ppl (of the same socioeconomic label) in other countries. More jewelry and toys. Plus, we have bigger medical bills and student loans.

Yes, it was said they have the same father. But just that "he is not in their lives." No mention of whether or not they were married.

Thanks for the info.  There are worse things in this world, but for some reason, I feel really sorry for these three boys.  To burden them with this guy who makes it known that he would take their Mother away to his country is too much for me to comprehend.  Plus the fact that he can’t tell his parents of their existness is just too much.  Forget the bridal gown and dump him.  When it’s your time, you will find another man.  Existence I mean.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Yep. We still have roads that are unpaved and houses that water lines haven't been run to yet. And yes, some people still have outhouses. It's a weird juxtaposition. On the one hand we have some HUGE mansions with iron gates and a flock of luxury cars and yet 100 yards down the road we have people living in what looks like chicken coops without electricity. Our biggest issue at the moment? The owner of the local landfill cut a financial deal with a company in another state that allowed them to come in twice a month and dump actual radioactive waste- toxic waste that isn't even in proper containers. And where is said landfill? 250 feet from our high/middle school complex. Neither the landfill nor the other company got more than a slap on the wrist. It is a constant political fight here for resources. Many of us moved out when we were younger but have returned to to try and help. (It's also really beautiful here and the people are wonderful. We tend not to share that info, though. Keeps out the riffraff. 😉 )

Someone earlier said that Juliana thinks about money a lot. I get that. When you've never had it and the lack thereof stands in the way of you having safe housing, nutritious food, and educational opportunities you really do spend most of your time thinking about how to get it and what you'd do to make it happen. There's being "poor" where you have to shop at the Dollar Store for your clothes, your vehicle is falling apart and you can't get it fixed, you have to eat spaghetti or potatoes twice a week, and your electronics are out of date. And then there's POOR where you honestly don't know where your next meal is coming from, and you can't rob Peter to pay Paul because they're both dry as a well. That's not a fun way to live. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
59 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I agree with you 10000%.

I just finally introduced my 17 year-old daughter and the rest of my family last Saturday to my boyfriend of about 2 years (we had broken up for about 4 months before getting back together).  Granted, after being widowed nearly 3 years ago, I have zero interest in marriage.   But I decided when I started dating that I wasn't bringing men into the house for her not only for safety reasons but I never wanted her to get attached to someone or even entertain the thought of him being a father figure!

I definitely don't fault any single parent for dating and remarrying.  I just fault those who move way too fast and those who choose terrible mates simply because they don't want to be alone.  

@SASHA206 ..  Are we talking about “hockey crush” or someone else?  Your conversation rang a bell in my head, or maybe I’m going bonkers?

• Useful 1

Blake’s mom completely goofed on her terminology for living together. 

She said there would be no ‘shackling together.’ WTF? Slaves wore shackles and, at times, were shackled together. 

But the common term for living together is ‘shacking up.’ 

In her zealousness to have this discussion on camera, she really flubbed her ‘lines’ LOL 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Thanks for the info.  There are worse things in this world, but for some reason, I feel really sorry for these three boys.  To burden them with this guy who makes it known that he would take their Mother away to his country is too much for me to comprehend.  Plus the fact that he can’t tell his parents of their existness is just too much.  Forget the bridal gown and dump him.  When it’s your time, you will find another man.  Existence I mean.

I feel sorry for them, too. It's hard enough to accept a total stranger moving into your life, but to learn that said stranger is basically ashamed of your existence is on a whole other level. 

• Love 2

When the ex-pats in Nigeria were warning Mykull about "the South", it reminded me of when I moved from California to North Carolina for grad school. My California friends were all, "The South?? Are you insane? Haven't you seen Deliverance??" 

Chapel Hill has about as much in common with Deliverance as it does with Star Wars. I'm sure Mykull will be fine.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I have zero doubt that those very circumstances, in addition to being relegated to Tania's pushy-ass mom's Chore Boy, will come up in future arguments with Tania. And rightfully so. She's just such a selfish nightmare. 

Isn't it strange how a person's personality and actions affect another one's subjective opinion of pretty or ugly? I think Tania is really a dog, and I didn't start out hating her face. I'm going to start the episode tonight. 

• Love 6

Still watching the episode but a few quick thoughts:

Sasha is packing for a weekend getaway. This gal will be a single mom with zero support very soon.

I FF past Angela because she's just a disgusting individual.

I don't care about Michael and Juliana but boy she is going spend every dime he has. He just has such a weird look on his face at times.

You know, I knew from day one that my parents would never allow a guy to live with me in their home. I also knew from day 1 that they were religious. That this was a surprise to Blake seemed like horse shit. Jasmine was such a bitch to him blaming him for not speaking up. As he said, "What was I supposed to? Say, 'You must let me stay here'"? And Jasmine said "Yeah." Wow. Yeah, that will work.

I feel so sorry for Joey and his brother. Their desperate mother is ready to marry a guy that denies their existence. Does he think that mentioning them after they marry is going to change the reaction? Good grief. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Azubah said:

When the ex-pats in Nigeria were warning Mykull about "the South", it reminded me of when I moved from California to North Carolina for grad school. My California friends were all, "The South?? Are you insane? Haven't you seen Deliverance??" 

All it reminded me of was the time Angela lost her shit on Michael because he was in a picture with - and lemme take a second to gasp and clutch my pearls here - other women (that were turned away and not even sitting beside him). He's gonna get an earful from her about this, I'm sure. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I don't care about Michael and Juliana but boy she is going spend every dime he has. He just has such a weird look on his face at times.

You know, I knew from day one that my parents would never allow a guy to live with me in their home. 

Michael's weird face? It looks like he's always smelling shit, lol

Back in the dark ages, when I told my mom I wanted to live with my boyfriend after high school, she said "over my dead body." I got married at 18, unfortunately. 

Edited by Rt66vintage
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Blake’s mom completely goofed on her terminology for living together. 

She said there would be no ‘shackling together.’ WTF? Slaves wore shackles and, at times, were shackled together. 

But the common term for living together is ‘shacking up.’ 

In her zealousness to have this discussion on camera, she really flubbed her ‘lines’ LOL 

I thought it was a combo of Shacking up and living together. 

Per how friendly Michael and Sarah are:  My son, while home on break, borrowed my car to go to dinner with his brother and dad.  Fine.  THEY USED MY CAR!  I was like, your dad was in my car?  I tried to be all stone faced but I was like EEEEWWWW!  I need to light incense and have a ceremony to de-funk it now, thanks!!!  So hell to the no on him ever being in my kitchen, driveway or garage.  Or even my shed, lolol!!!!

@mamadrama - I agree that your area of the US is indeed, some of the most beautiful in the whole country.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Yes, Mamadrama is. And guess what? The Appalachian mountains have not vaporized! They are *literally* still there!

2 hours ago, Azubah said:

Chapel Hill has about as much in common with Deliverance as it does with Star Wars. I'm sure Mykull will be fine.

My hometown, baby.

Edited by OrchidThief
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

All it reminded me of was the time Angela lost her shit on Michael because he was in a picture with - and lemme take a second to gasp and clutch my pearls here - other women (that were turned away and not even sitting beside him). He's gonna get an earful from her about this, I'm sure. 

I don’t think Grangela will react, because I think she knows this was a put up job by the producers. Of course, my predictions for this show are almost always wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Would Michael PUHLEEZ buy a shirt that fits!!  I'm sick of seeing him in that blue button up with the buttons stretched to their limit.

Honestly out of everyone on the show Michael from CT is one of my favs.  IDK he seems like a decent enough kinda guy and has great kids.  Besides he made some real interesting points about how Julianas family might view his money.  Enh, so far he's the one I'm rooting for the most

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yeah, but do they know most of us got money from sacrifice and hard work?  Or inheritance?  Most people here had immigrant parents like mine who came here pennyless and both worked to just get a house and car, cash.  Hard times.  Julianna is marrying into money, lucky thing.  The cost of that sofa was ridiculous. She has no concept of money and what things cost.

People work hard as hell in other countries too but barely survive, that's the difference! At least in the US you have a chance of having a nice life in comparison.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, OrchidThief said:

Guess what? We can even READ! WTF, lady?

We wear shoes and have internet now, too! Seriously, I once met this guy on vacation and when I told him where I'm from he said, "We have this thing where I'm from called the internet and..." Like, no shit. Our infrastructure sucks in places, but we still live in the same century as everyone else. 

Did anyone else notice on Pillow Talk that Pao's roots changed in the middle of the episode? She went from having dark roots to not having them. The tablecloth/blanket at Blake's place changed twice, too. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

What was going on with Mother Tania’s dress?  Loud print and unflattering to her distended potato sack figure.  And the unnatural hair color?  Maybe you can pull that off if you are under 25 but 55 not so much.  Suddenly I’m not surprised she painted the interior of the shed magenta.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Maybe we need to differentiate between the two Michaels who were both on last night? I know we also have a "Mike" this season, and I can only keep him straight from ONE "Michael." 

Winedouche works for me, for the CT one.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

They showed her very briefly but if memory serves me right, it looked like she had a huge dark mole covering her entire chin. It could also have been a giant scab. Am I remembering right? 

I don’t what it is on her face but there appears to be another one on her throat. 

5FCCE358-A543-4311-8080-B2170F6BA3D5.jpeg

5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yep. We still have roads that are unpaved and houses that water lines haven't been run to yet. And yes, some people still have outhouses. It's a weird juxtaposition. On the one hand we have some HUGE mansions with iron gates and a flock of luxury cars and yet 100 yards down the road we have people living in what looks like chicken coops without electricity. Our biggest issue at the moment? The owner of the local landfill cut a financial deal with a company in another state that allowed them to come in twice a month and dump actual radioactive waste- toxic waste that isn't even in proper containers. And where is said landfill? 250 feet from our high/middle school complex. Neither the landfill nor the other company got more than a slap on the wrist. It is a constant political fight here for resources. Many of us moved out when we were younger but have returned to to try and help. (It's also really beautiful here and the people are wonderful. We tend not to share that info, though. Keeps out the riffraff. 😉 )

Someone earlier said that Juliana thinks about money a lot. I get that. When you've never had it and the lack thereof stands in the way of you having safe housing, nutritious food, and educational opportunities you really do spend most of your time thinking about how to get it and what you'd do to make it happen. There's being "poor" where you have to shop at the Dollar Store for your clothes, your vehicle is falling apart and you can't get it fixed, you have to eat spaghetti or potatoes twice a week, and your electronics are out of date. And then there's POOR where you honestly don't know where your next meal is coming from, and you can't rob Peter to pay Paul because they're both dry as a well. That's not a fun way to live. 

Idk, but Juliana pretty much talks nonstop about how poor she was as a child, to the point of it being a storyline. 

I spent some of my childhood and older years in Volgograd, where Sasha and Emily met. It truly is a broken down, miserable city, like most of Russia is (aside from Moscow and St. Petersberg). Growing up, I always believed that the US had a more comfortable way of life. From my perspective, as a whole, comparing middle class to middle class,.... yes.

Middle class Americans have closets, homes, vehicles, varieties of coffee at the supermarket. In Russia, we were comfortably middle class, but lived in a large block apartment building, had a 1 bedroom apartment for 4 people, public transit, no closets. I never met in Russia a person who lived in an actual house....there, we called them "villas", what here would be a modest 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house. 

On a side note, Emily has no self awareness of how her in laws see her. She was crying on the way to the airport out of relief for herself and her emotions, not the fact that Sasha was leaving his parents and his other kids. She seems to have a real anxiety problem and never smiles or seems at ease or happy. Listening to Sasha's parents talk about her they didnt seem happy either. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I also really loved that Michael's American friends were so candid and frank with him. I almost wonder if they'd seen prior seasons of the show and were aware of the BigBoxBlondeBotoxedWildebeest to whom Michael is betrothed. 

I have a feeling Michael’s American friends are a producer and production assistants of the show.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Sarah is in Michael’s house all the time because I think she wants a front row seat for when his new marriage falls apart. She knows things—about Michael, his money, and/or Juliana.  I think Michael had a midlife crisis and left her and she is patiently waiting for the delicious, delicious schadenfreude.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, PityFree said:

Sarah is in Michael’s house all the time because I think she wants a front row seat for when his new marriage falls apart. She knows things—about Michael, his money, and/or Juliana.  I think Michael had a midlife crisis and left her and she is patiently waiting for the delicious, delicious schadenfreude.

I think she has visiting rights for the dogs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I cannot quote or like again. and have lost the posts I wanted to respond to when they disappeared into the ether so now I'm trying to remember them. grrrrrr

Regarding Angela's mom, I'm pretty sure during her first season Angela revealed that her mom had cancer of the nose and throat. It came out because people were trashing her for continuing to smoke cigarettes after her mother had surgery on her nose and throat. That sore on her chin is probably cancer, too, and at her age and in her current medical condition, it may be more risky to undergo surgery to repair. 

With Tania and the witch doctor training in Costa Rica, if she is attending what I think she went to it is a prerequisite for some classes here in the US. I suspect she will use it in her advertising for the soap business she claims to be starting. I actually suspect she plans on having a full apothecary with soaps, ointments, balms and herbs used to treat many different things, like red clover for hot flashes, teas and herbs to help with milk production in nursing mothers, cinnamon for high sugar, and that kind of thing. It's also my guess that she plans to eventually hold meditation and yoga workshops that use mind altering herbs. It's highly unlikely that she plans to grow herbs in her garden. She just thinks that specialized class gives her street cred.

I would think that she planned it so that the retreat happened during filming so that she could advertise it somehow, but immediately checked myself because she has given no indication of planning and foresight to come up with it. She's just so ugggh. Also, it sounds like Syngin misspelled sugar once and "suger" became his term of endearment for her. I think they both know how it is actually spelled, but suger is sentimental between them.

On Blake and Jasmin, when Blake first appeared, he made mention of his parents being old school and I thought that was going to be the excuse for Jasmin to live with her sister. I also thought that he did not live in that room in his parents' home, but don't remember why or what made me think that. It was probably just because he said he did and he's on this show making everything he says suspect. 

I still believe that Sarah is the one with the money, not Michael, and like Juliana less each episode (I've never liked Michael). I do not blame her at all for buying that car. She believed the visa was going to be denied again, like her travel ones, after they questioned her about being a prostitute. As everyone has said, that is a question asked of everyone. However, in her case, she has a passport full of stamps from modeling gigs, they told everyone that they met on a yacht, immigration would make the same assumption as many of the rest of us since it would be clear to them that the modeling agencies that booked her for print and runway jobs in places like Croatia have a history of "allowing" their models to also work as hostesses and waitresses, etc. for yacht and other parties. She is signed with legitimate agencies, not just an instagram model, and those agencies are known to employ models for such gigs. I suspect that she was grilled pretty hard on that question to see if she would admit it, and when she walked out of the meeting, in tears, she explained it was because of those questions and that she knew Michael wouldn't choose her over his kids. She thought it was over and tried to get something out of it. 

My dislike of her is the childlike behaviors; I think someone referred to it as an "innocent poor little girl" act, which is apt to me. It drove me crazy when Akinyi did that little girl voice and acting all innocent while asking if she was bad, and it's driving me crazy with Juliana, too. I get that this is Michael's desire and she's letting him play out his savior complex - rich American when he's there vs. poor Brazilian when he is not - but I don't want to be part of their foreplay.

Act your age, Juliana; you are an adult woman who is not currently a hapless victim. You are making calculated decisions about your best interests, like an adult. It has gotten to the point that she is coming across as shady because she is incapable of speaking without the airs of a victim. When Michael brought up the car, after she told him he was mean sometimes about the credit card and car purchase, she called herself stupid. It was one of many times I noticed it, and it's annoying. She wasn't being stupid, she was being logical. Then, when he finds out her sister is using it as a taxi, you could see the steam coming out of his ears because he knows he can't sell it.

Michael, on the other hand, is acting in a way that he thinks makes him the hero while holding over Juliana's head that he is her savior and he tried to help her by giving her a credit card to buy food and she maxes it out and buys a car, right before she was leaving to come to the US. During the reenactment of their conversation when he was at the jewelry store (I don't have any proof it was a reenactment, just a hunch), Juliana tells him the card won't go through and he says he wasn't in a place to take care of it at the moment then tells us she maxed out a $15k card and purchased a car with it. Not only do I think it's a reenactment, I think it's likely that she tried to use it to buy the car (I thought it was said the car was $4000 but no one else has mentioned it so I don't know why I think it) and when it didn't go through, she called him and he had to call the cc company and ask them to process it. He could have said no to her but instead it goes through and he uses it to hold over her head that she can't be trusted with access to his money, even though she can't work. He's a Jesse-level douche.

Sharp Entertainment has rehashed the same fake storylines so much that the show has become predictable and boring. Nothing that happens can be trusted, the castmembers all say that they didn't realize things were going to come across as they did, sometimes because they are delusional about themselves :cough:Tania:cough: and other times because they think it is coming across as funny when it's coming across as someone being a jerk. I think many of them are playing up the storyline they are given, like Robert and Anny, who appear next week apartment shopping and arguing about it. I'm sure it's going to be an expensive apartment, too, just like they did with Colt/Larissa where someone who recognized the apartment asked Larissa in an AMA why she was insisting on an apartment that costs more then Colt's take home pay, and she said it was set up by production for them to film and she knew they weren't going to rent it. She was told to act all excited about and she did. Nearly everything that comes out of Larissa's mouth is a half-truth or flat out lie, but it does seem likely that's what happened in light of the fact someone posted the rental ad for an apartment in the building and it was several thousands dollars a month.

TL/DR - Sharp needs new scripts because the show is nearing unwatchable. Unless I'm psychic, the end story for all these couples is obvious and they are all boring and dumb.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

We wear shoes and have internet now, too! Seriously, I once met this guy on vacation and when I told him where I'm from he said, "We have this thing where I'm from called the internet and..." Like, no shit. Our infrastructure sucks in places, but we still live in the same century as everyone else. 

Did anyone else notice on Pillow Talk that Pao's roots changed in the middle of the episode? She went from having dark roots to not having them. The tablecloth/blanket at Blake's place changed twice, too. 

We drove through WV as we were going from Florida to Boston.  Since then I have often said that WV was absolutely beautiful.  I knew there was something different about Pao during the episode.  Thanks for the info.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

We drove through WV as we were going from Florida to Boston.  Since then I have often said that WV was absolutely beautiful.  I knew there was something different about Pao during the episode.  Thanks for the info.

Meant to answer the Pao question earlier, YES, I noticed that too. Pretty funny, it's like she went in and did her roots during the commercials.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

there is no guarantee anyone will be "fine" in any domestic violence situation. But Segregation of races is alive and well ALL over the world. Look at advanced places like Long Island New York where there are many towns that are 98% white. Hazelhurst with 30% black population is not the worst place for a black person to live in this world.

I was going to comment on this...I’m from Long Island and our towns HS has 2,000 kids and maybe 3 are black.....when i went to Georgia on a trip I actually noticed how integrated it was with blacks and whites. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling Michael’s American friends are a producer and production assistants of the s

I think you just hit the nail on the head with that.  I cannot help to think they were gently trying to tell him to run!  

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t what it is on her face but there appears to be another one on her throat. 

Maybe she should get to a wound clinic.

15 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

She's hard for me to read. I thought she was rather imperious, waltzing in one day and saying she did not want  Juliana to parent her kids. But then apparently, she said elsewhere, that was not how she intended her comment to be taken. She may mean well. Or not. I can't really get a good take on her. It's hard for me to relate at all to that type of relationship (supposedly good terms, no agenda w/ exspouse).

No wonder Michael and the ex are divorced.  She seems like a pain in the ass.  I could just see her telling Michael how to do it in the bedroom.  Lol.  KIDDING ... NOT.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

No wonder Michael and the ex are divorced.  She seems like a pain in the ass.  I could just see her telling Michael how to do it in the bedroom.  Lol.  KIDDING ... NOT.

To be fair, he seems like someone who might need detailed instructions. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Wedding consultants (to Michael and Juliana):  Who will perform the ceremony?

M&J:  We don't have an officiant.

WCs:  We can have one available.  That will be $25,000.

To me it felt like they were just pulling random numbers out of their hineys. Or maybe they're smarter than we think and they knew a sucker when they saw one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10