Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Premature Departure

Spike
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

One can become licensed to be an officiant in 30 days??

Anyone can officiate. Its the filing of the marriage license with the state that makes you legally married. Lots of people go online and get "ordained" in the Universal Life Church to add a veneer of respectability but its all hooey really.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I know ULC is full of shit! They used to advertise in the back of National Lampoon and Rolling Stone back in the 70's!

Fun fact, when I got married we had a JP, named Ronald McDonald. My husband worked at Converse and this guy did too and did weddings free for Converse employees.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think it's all for the sex!  Anna is as much an idiot as women that bring boyfriends into their home when they have young daughters!!!

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

The comment you responded to was in the context of Anna and the OP's general distate for these women that subject their kids to their boyfriends.  

1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

My point is, sometimes it's OK for a mother to "subject" her kids to her partner. Not necessarily idiotic.

To clarify, I think the OP was referencing mothers who leave their young daughters with men they don't know well who end up being sexual predators. She was not saying that single mothers who cohabitate/remarry, generally, are idiots. She was saying mothers who leave their little girls alone with men they don't know well and Anna are idiots. Much less pingy when understood as it was meant, I think! 🙂

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I have a friend who is financially stable.  Gets a divorce and then shacks up with someone she knew for maybe 3 months.  Kids move in with new BF.  She breaks it off and moves out.  Within a few months later, she's got a new BF.  He's living with her and their kids.  Two of her teens said fuck this and went to live with dad.  Guess where new BF is?  Not living with her anymore.

I have a friend who, along with her then husband, shared with their kids they were divorcing.  Fine.  TWO WEEKS LATER he has them sleeping on the floor of his apartment while he was in the bedroom with his new woman, who I am sure you can all connect the dots that she was not too new.  The kids were in older elementary and middle school grades so yeah....they connected the dots.

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

And it makes me so happy that the idiot Emily, who ignored all the warning signs, decided it would be a great idea to have unprotected sex with him, is now reaping what she sowed.  He'll come to America, become a personal trainer, impregnate someone with money and won't give two fucks about his newest son.

Sasha's head is an odd shape and I can't take the cadence of how he talks.  "Emily....is.....upset....with me.  She....does.....not......feel......that.....I am able.......to....take care......of my......son!"  Gotta say Emily's voice would cause me to day drink.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I don't care how chummy and involved Sarah wants to be, her being an officiant has got to be a big "no thanks."

Also, 10k for those planners?   Michael is seen as an easy target.

Edited by MajorNelson
typos
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

There is also a whole rabbit hole here on the boy's dad possibly, maybe this is not her first foreign fiance. Maybe. Maybe not. 

Well, at least all 3 of her boys look like they had the same father...*ahem* Sasha's kids mothers...

• Love 5

I really can't take Anna.  I wanted to like her, I really did but her choosing Mursel over her kids is just painful to watch., especially since she said she would not choose him over the kids.  But she does this on the daily.  Seeing the promo with her tiara and sash at a bachelorette party just makes me realize she is going to marry him.  He brings NOTHING to the table!!  It would be like having a robotic person walking around, saying "Anna - I do not know."  "Yes Anna."  "I don't know with that glazed look in his eye.  No coitus can be worth this, Anna.  

2 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Also, 10k for those planners?   Michael is seen as an easy target.

Had he rolled up in his $500,000 car I would have charged $20,000 without batting an eye.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I really can't take Anna.  I wanted to like her, I really did but her choosing Mursel over her kids is just painful to watch., especially since she said she would not choose him over the kids.  But she does this on the daily.  Seeing the promo with her tiara and sash at a bachelorette party just makes me realize she is going to marry him.  He brings NOTHING to the table!!  It would be like having a robotic person walking around, saying "Anna - I do not know."  "Yes Anna."  "I don't know with that glazed look in his eye.  No coitus can be worth this, Anna.  

Maybe it is? At least to her? 

Edited by libgirl2
21 hours ago, vintagesac said:

What on earth was that festering cookie-sized boil on Angela’s mama’s chin?

Angela's twin sister, who didn't make it out of the womb, manifested as a hairy mole on the chin of its mother. The boil/mole/absorbed twin is still a better person than Angela.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
On 12/8/2019 at 3:06 AM, mamadrama said:

Okay...Michael is an ass. He uses every chance he gets to let people know that Julianna's family is poor and that he is wealthy. Come on, Michael, she isn't a child you're sending $5 a month to in exchange for pictures and "thank you" letters. Unless Sally Struthers is going to pop out from behind a camera and give us a 1-800 number to call, he can just STFU. I am embarrassed FOR her. 

Something is just creepy about this guy.  I just can’t put my finger on it.  Plus,where did Julianna get off buying a car no less on his credit card?  Why do these people like her get the idea this country is made of money?   Americans work for their money.  It doesn’t grow on trees.  Same with Anny.  Everything with her is money, money.  My husband worked two jobs to get where we are,and I worked also, with 3 kids.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It would be like having a robotic person walking around, saying "Anna - I do not know."  "Yes Anna."  "I don't know with that glazed look in his eye.  No coitus can be worth this, Anna.  

I think you're missing the appeal of sleeping with someone who can only say, "Okay, Anna." Sex Robots - not just for lonely Japanese people anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Why do these people like her get the idea this country is made of money?

Television. Media. Now social media. Y'all made yourselves out to be the BeSt CoUnTrY eVeR!!!1 a long time ago. Some people fell for it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

The average American dude making an average salary isn't likely to get invited to yacht parties unless he wins some sort of contest or has connections. And he certainly won't pay extra for special entertainment. He may have a couple of drinks and enjoy the evening.

Somehow Michael got an invitation.

If Juliana only meets Americans through yacht parties, maybe a lot of them have money, so maybe America is like that. She has no idea that there are millions of Americans who are poor. Michael gave her the credit card, so he must have enough money to pay for a car. That should have been discussed with him and he would say, sure, I can help your family out with an inexpensive car purchase. He also was going to find someone else if her visa didn't come through

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Anna needs to expand her horizons.  He is not worth the drain on your life, Anna, no coitus is worth what you are doing to your sons.

Oh, I agree.  He is sooo much trouble.  I feel so sorry for the boys.  BTW,  where is their real father?  All three boys resemble the father I assume.  If I were her, I would wait until they grow up a little more.  I think the boys are adorable, with manners, under the circumstances.  They do not deserve this stress at their age.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

I don;t care how chummy and involved Sarah wants to be, her being an officiant was got to be a big "no thanks."

When my ex-husband got engaged (for the third time), his fiancee' wanted me to be the organist for her wedding to him.

I was able to respectfully say no, because it fell over Thanksgiving weekend and I couldn't get away. 

She's since passed away, but I have no regrets at saying no.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think you're missing the appeal of sleeping with someone who can only say, "Okay, Anna." Sex Robots - not just for lonely Japanese people anymore. 

Television. Media. Now social media. Y'all made yourselves out to be the BeSt CoUnTrY eVeR!!!1 a long time ago. Some people fell for it. 

Yeah, but do they know most of us got money from sacrifice and hard work?  Or inheritance?  Most people here had immigrant parents like mine who came here pennyless and both worked to just get a house and car, cash.  Hard times.  Julianna is marrying into money, lucky thing.  The cost of that sofa was ridiculous. She has no concept of money and what things cost.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

I don;t care how chummy and involved Sarah wants to be, her being an officiant was got to be a big "no thanks."

Michael:  "Until death do us part." 

Officiant:  "LOL."  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

She has no concept of money and what things cost.

You could say that of most people - including Americans - nowadays. Like was said above, Michael presented himself to Juliana as someone with a fair amount of money. Like, yay for the people who worked hard to get where they got, that's fantastic and I could say the same about my grandparents but that has nothing to do with Michael and Juliana's story as it's been presented to us. Michael told her that he had money, Juliana took him at his word. He got money, she gonna spend. 

• Love 6

The 10K for the planners is probably because of the short timeframe to do this wedding. It's not like Juliana would know how to call up prospective caterers, book flowers, etc. She also doesn't seem to have any friends to help her out or give any useful advice. Michael would be paying for the planners' time.

Nothing wrong with a simple courthouse wedding. It can't be that hard to find an officiant for the wedding - more drama to get the ex involved. Also not that hard to find a catering company to cater for 40 people or to rent out a restaurant's special room for a private function. Michael won't do it, Juliana wouldn't know how and I doubt he'd give her free rein of the credit card for any deposits.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have a friend who, along with her then husband, shared with their kids they were divorcing.  Fine.  TWO WEEKS LATER he has them sleeping on the floor of his apartment while he was in the bedroom with his new woman, who I am sure you can all connect the dots that she was not too new.  The kids were in older elementary and middle school grades so yeah....they connected the dots.

Sasha's head is an odd shape and I can't take the cadence of how he talks.  "Emily....is.....upset....with me.  She....does.....not......feel......that.....I am able.......to....take care......of my......son!"  Gotta say Emily's voice would cause me to day drink.

Emily has her head up her ass.  Telling Sasha how many hours he has to play with the baby.  The woman is in Lala land, haha.  She’ll be lucky if he bounces the kid on his knee while watching sports for a few minutes.  Sasha left his whole family in Russia and didn’t look too thrilled about it.  

• Love 4

If I had a full time job, my elderly mother, one daughter and six grandkids living with me, I’d have no time for a boyfriend.  I’d be exhausted.  

How many nieces and nephews does Michael have?   Are they all from the same mother?

A good lawyer will unravel any prenup Juliana signs.  She just signed under direst and didn’t understand what she was signing.  

Michael’s wife is kinda a bitch.  

Syngin needs to get into Tanya’s and go on a 30 day road trip. 

Anna can bring any man into her life — after her kids leave the nest.  She needs to focus on them for now. 

Russian dude will be back in Russia before the 90 days are up.  Emily will be better off in the long run with him in another country.  

• Love 6
On 12/8/2019 at 3:06 AM, mamadrama said:

Okay...Michael is an ass. He uses every chance he gets to let people know that Julianna's family is poor and that he is wealthy. Come on, Michael, she isn't a child you're sending $5 a month to in exchange for pictures and "thank you" letters. Unless Sally Struthers is going to pop out from behind a camera and give us a 1-800 number to call, he can just STFU. I am embarrassed FOR her. 

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe it is? At least to her? 

That phone thing back n forth between Anna and him is driving me crazy.  Why didn’t he learn some English when he was home?

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

If they want to do something sweet they should have Max do it. Cece could be the maid of honor. It would be adorable. Sarah should take a damn seat, she's just as thirsty as any of these fools.

And no way would I pay that pair of wedding planners 10K. The husband looked like he just came in from mowing the lawn, in his shorts and stretched out, faded polo shirt from Walmart, for one thing. For another, they didn't offer a single concrete idea, just threw out a lot of numbers.
"Catering will be about 15 thousand". Oh really, Karen? what does my 15K buy for a backyard wedding for 40? Petrossian caviar, lobster tails, Kobe beef? a Veuve Cliquot fountain? Fuck off.

Pepper Mostly, when I ordered catering for work stuff, it could really add up. There was a company that we liked that did a really nice job, but they became unaffordable for our limited budget. I don't know if the $375 cost per person (for 40) just is the cost of the food, plus a catering company service charge (a percentage of the total), whether it includes serving staff (extra), linen rentals (extra), plate rentals for china plates, cutlery rentals, glassware rentals. That is a pricey meal (or meal plus the wedding late lunch at 11 pm or so). I would think alcohol would be extra. The liquor license, what kinds of booze would be served, whether there is wine or champagne on the table, bartender or corkage fees, booze markup, etc.

Edited by Frozendiva
Forgot a word
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Thank God she does, or else those poor kids would starve.  Not their fault Angela is their grandma.

I just don’t trust that disgusting cow to actually use that money for those sweet babies.  I hope there is enough decency in her to love the kids.  I think Michael will be good to them.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Michael:  "Until death do us part." 

Officiant:  "LOL."  

Or:  "Didn't you say that last time??"

23 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And no way would I pay that pair of wedding planners 10K. The husband looked like he just came in from mowing the lawn, in his shorts and stretched out, faded polo shirt from Walmart, for one thing. For another, they didn't offer a single concrete idea, just threw out a lot of numbers.
"Catering will be about 15 thousand". Oh really, Karen? what does my 15K buy for a backyard wedding for 40? Petrossian caviar, lobster tails, Kobe beef? a Veuve Cliquot fountain? Fuck off.

Exactly this.  I am going to throw serious cash your way we need to get two things clear:  Dress like a professional and give me details on where my money is going.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Something is just creepy about this guy.  I just can’t put my finger on it.  Plus,where did Julianna get off buying a car no less on his credit card?  Why do these people like her get the idea this country is made of money?   Americans work for their money.  It doesn’t grow on trees.  Same with Anny.  Everything with her is money, money.  My husband worked two jobs to get where we are,and I worked also, with 3 kids.

"Here beautiful young model that looks 12 years old -- here is my credit card you can use.  Oh and I have 3 cars, one worth $500K an we are going to live in a big mansion..."

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And not for nothing, but poor people work plenty hard for their money. I bet there are people in Brazil who are working at back breaking jobs for next to nothing. Not all "hard work" leads to wealth, or even a comfortable living.

Right. That was such a shitty comment he made - he didn't have anything then but worked hard. 

14 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Anna can bring any man into her life — after her kids leave the nest.  She needs to focus on them for now. 

In general, you don't believe ppl with children should be able to remarry?

12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Pepper Mostly, when I ordered catering for work stuff, it could really add up. There was a company that we liked that did a really nice job, but they became unaffordable for our limited budget. I don't know if the $375 cost per person (for 40) just is the cost of the food, plus a catering company service charge (a percentage of the total), whether it includes serving staff (extra), linen rentals (extra), plate rentals for china plates, cutlery rentals, glassware rentals. That is a pricey meal (or meal plus the wedding late lunch at 11 pm or so). I would think alcohol would be extra. The liquor license, what kinds of booze would be served, whether there is wine or champagne on the table, bartender or corkage fees, booze markup, etc.

She quoted another figure for rentals, I think maybe 10K? And another for booze.

I order a lot of catering at work and I do a catered party for about 40 every year for an important event. We use a high end caterer, they have to rent everything for the space we use, linens, china, silver, glassware, the works. We provide a lovely dinner with a choice of three entrees. Open bar. They also provide waitstaff and bartender. The whole bill for everything hovers around $7K. This is in Boston so its not like it would be appreciably cheaper than Greenwich. The space costs us maybe another 2K. I just don't buy that a simple outdoor wedding lunch would cost 15K, and that's without including rentals and liquor.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Rentals can include the cost for a tent, the tent set-up and take down, catering stations, any AV requirements. A proiector can be $500 or more for the day. Plus someone coming the next day to take the tent and stuff away.

We had a couple of fancy events per year where I worked. We ended up using a hotel because the charge for the space was already included. One of our favourite rental spaces increased to $1500 per day from $900 per day. You paid for the view.

My city would be a bit cheaper than Greenwich, but not that much.

Michael is probably a nice rich patsy for the event planners.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Anyone can officiate. Its the filing of the marriage license with the state that makes you legally married. Lots of people go online and get "ordained" in the Universal Life Church to add a veneer of respectability but its all hooey really.

I think it depends on state law, at least in Texas it does have to be a judge or a member of the clergy.

We just paid a JP $100 to do it on a Saturday, I filed it with the county on Monday during lunch.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She quoted another figure for rentals, I think maybe 10K? And another for booze.

I order a lot of catering at work and I do a catered party for about 40 every year for an important event. We use a high end caterer, they have to rent everything for the space we use, linens, china, silver, glassware, the works. We provide a lovely dinner with a choice of three entrees. Open bar. They also provide waitstaff and bartender. The whole bill for everything hovers around $7K. This is in Boston so its not like it would be appreciably cheaper than Greenwich. The space costs us maybe another 2K. I just don't buy that a simple outdoor wedding lunch would cost 15K, and that's without including rentals and liquor.

I guess w/ wedding planners, they're paying for invitations, thank you cards, party favors, flowers, ushers, cake, band/DJ, other entertainment and the alter? And coordination of a "theme"? But IDK.

1 minute ago, John M said:

I think it depends on state law, at least in Texas it does have to be a judge or a member of the clergy.

We just paid a JP $100 to do it on a Saturday, I filed it with the county on Monday during lunch.

Congrats!

Edited by BallisticNikki

I would think that the invitations cost, flowers, band/DJ would be at an additional cost. You'd be paying for the planners to make the calls for you and to make the arrangements for you. They'd have a list of vendors on-hand and they'd just do the grunt work so you can enjoy the day.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'm pretty sure in the previous episode when Syngin met Tania's family, one of them brought it up and Tania said at some point that she just didn't want to wait for Syngin to be with her in the U.S. It made it sound like (to me) that they could have scheduled his visit for after* her weed smoking, mushroom eating "trip", but Tania is all about being the best Veruca Salt she can be, so lucky Syngin, he gets to be Tania's mom's work bitch and man servant. 

*but with this show, who the fuck knows, it's all fake. 

The oldest boy has probably heard Anna complaining that "she doesn't get to be happy, boo hoo, no happiness for me" for all of his sixteen years. I don't blame him if he's over both of them.

Where’s the real Father?

“You aren’t bringing anything. You could pack up and leave at anytime.” Emily, sweetie, that’s the idea. I am going to need you to accept the fact that you’re going to be a single mom.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Right. That was such a shitty comment he made - he didn't have anything then but worked hard. 

In general, you don't believe ppl with children should be able to remarry?

Well, I'm not the commenter again, but in my view, Anna could certainly remarry.  But to someone she can actually communicate with without the use of a translator and to someone who loves and adores her boys.

Edit:  I should probably refrain from adding in a comment not directed to me!  Sorry!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Well, I'm not the commenter again, but in my view, Anna could certainly remarry.  But to someone she can actually communicate with without the use of a translator and to someone who loves and adores her boys.

Edit:  I should probably refrain from adding in a comment not directed to me!  Sorry!

Honestly, women with children absolutely have the right to remarry, but not at the expense of their children.  These boys have apparently been through quite a lot (isn't their dad in prison?) and Mom has now dragged a stranger into their house with whom they can't communicate, who they know is hiding their existence from his family, and who has made it clear that he would prefer to live in another country (presumably without them) - this situation was set up for failure long before Mursel touched down in the heartland!

I think I could get over the lack of communication if he showed any empathy for the situation her boys are in, but instead he seems to either ignore them or in his shown interactions seems to not try and become friends with them.  

Knowing that my fiancé was hiding my children from his family would have been a dealbreaker for me (well, the religious differences would have been a dealbreaker for me but that's not relevant here).  When you become a parent you have to realize that for the time that your children are young their needs come first - I don't think  you should make yourself a slave to your children, but in every decision you make their needs have to be taken into account.  She seems to have totally lost (or never had) that perspective.  These children did not choose to be born nor did they choose to be in this situation - they are just passengers on the honey train.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
17 hours ago, Christina said:

I thought that I remembered her saying she hadn't seen him in six months back when she and her friends were heading to the airport. It was an excuse to be loud and obnoxious. I couldn't remember her saying how long it had been since the visa was approved, though. It doesn't sound like he had a cuhreer that needed to be wrapped up or anything, so he probably did come right away. Or as soon as the cameras could be there.

That's explained by Tania being a super special snowflake that needs everything to happen RIGHT NOW even though she doesn't have a pot to piss in or a place to sleep. Everything is everyone else's problem; she deserves to have her every want catered to because she's super special.

She obviously thought the show would show her in a great light, since she is so superb, but instead, everyone sees her as an insufferable idiot.

The thought of Syngin staying alone in the shed with maybe an electric heater, no bathroom and kitchen makes my blood boil.  Is Tania insane leaving him like that?  And he loves her?  Why?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Honestly, women with children absolutely have the right to remarry, but not at the expense of their children.  These boys have apparently been through quite a lot (isn't their dad in prison?) and Mom has now dragged a stranger into their house with whom they can't communicate, who they know is hiding their existence from his family, and who has made it clear that he would prefer to live in another country (presumably without them) - this situation was set up for failure long before Mursel touched down in the heartland!

I think I could get over the lack of communication if he showed any empathy for the situation her boys are in, but instead he seems to either ignore them or in his shown interactions seems to not try and become friends with them.  

Knowing that my fiancé was hiding my children from his family would have been a dealbreaker for me (well, the religious differences would have been a dealbreaker for me but that's not relevant here).  When you become a parent you have to realize that for the time that your children are young their needs come first - I don't think  you should make yourself a slave to your children, but in every decision you make their needs have to be taken into account.  She seems to have totally lost (or never had) that perspective.  These children did not choose to be born nor did they choose to be in this situation - they are just passengers on the honey train.

I agree with you 10000%.

I just finally introduced my 17 year-old daughter and the rest of my family last Saturday to my boyfriend of about 2 years (we had broken up for about 4 months before getting back together).  Granted, after being widowed nearly 3 years ago, I have zero interest in marriage.   But I decided when I started dating that I wasn't bringing men into the house for her not only for safety reasons but I never wanted her to get attached to someone or even entertain the thought of him being a father figure!

I definitely don't fault any single parent for dating and remarrying.  I just fault those who move way too fast and those who choose terrible mates simply because they don't want to be alone.  

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

The boys Father is in Prison ?????  Where was this revealed?  I’m reading backwards today.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

“You aren’t bringing anything. You could pack up and leave at anytime.” Emily, sweetie, that’s the idea. I am going to need you to accept the fact that you’re going to be a single mom.

The fact she is so paranoid about that already and they haven't even landed in America says it all.  What I don't understand is WHY she wasn't paranoid about that before ever getting pregnant with his kid.  

I continue to be baffled why people glamorize having a child with someone they barely know.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The thought of Syngin staying alone in the shed with maybe an electric heater, no bathroom and kitchen makes my blood boil.

I have zero doubt that those very circumstances, in addition to being relegated to Tania's pushy-ass mom's Chore Boy, will come up in future arguments with Tania. And rightfully so. She's just such a selfish nightmare. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The boys Father is in Prison ?????  Where was this revealed?  I’m reading backwards today.

This was never stated on the show. Maybe it was stated on social media or a gossip rag? I never heard that.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 2