Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Premature Departure

Spike
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

No wonder Michael and the ex are divorced.  She seems like a pain in the ass.  I could just see her telling Michael how to do it in the bedroom.  Lol.  KIDDING ... NOT.

I so agree with this and the person who can't get a read on her. She just reeks of complete bitchiness to me. I get that they have a good relationship but you cannot tell me that she does not grit her teeth and seethe over her 40-something ex walking around with a piece of serious arm candy. Their kids are absolutely awesome, though.

The tall guy with the Ukranian lady: now that's a strange couple. I still think she looks like Glen Close in Fatal Attraction. She's scary. Seems next week there is more freak out drama coming from her. The guy (I forget his name) seems like such a nice guy and would be a catch. I wonder why he was unsuccessful on the local dating scene. 

Every time I see Tania and Syngin now, I think: oooh eeee oooh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

The tall guy with the Ukranian lady: now that's a strange couple. I still think she looks like Glen Close in Fatal Attraction.

Yeah or Carol Kane who played Latka’s girlfriend Simka on Taxi.

3 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Seems next week there is more freak out drama coming from her.

I bet he tells her about his debt.  Or that he is sterile.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I so agree with this and the person who can't get a read on her. She just reeks of complete bitchiness to me. I get that they have a good relationship but you cannot tell me that she does not grit her teeth and seethe over her 40-something ex walking around with a piece of serious arm candy. Their kids are absolutely awesome, though.

The tall guy with the Ukranian lady: now that's a strange couple. I still think she looks like Glen Close in Fatal Attraction. She's scary. Seems next week there is more freak out drama coming from her. The guy (I forget his name) seems like such a nice guy and would be a catch. I wonder why he was unsuccessful on the local dating scene. 

Every time I see Tania and Syngin now, I think: oooh eeee oooh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang

I’m glad you saw that too regarding the Ukrainian girl.  Forgot her name. She reminds me of a little girl, always giggling and making faces.  She looks a little nuts when she attacked him when they were jogging in the park.  He mentioned her ex and she went bezerk for no reason.  Plus, she wants a baby now?   I think she is immature or nuts, or both.  He will have his hands full with her with her mood swings.  Maybe the ex divorced her.  If so, I can see why.  She’s probably pregnant from the first night.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

My-kull rich douchebag Michael Mike from Canmore Sequim. 

If you forget anyone's name this season, 50% chance it's a form of Michael. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Totally agree. However, I think that the whole "cant communicate with each other" is fake too. I think Murcel speaks and understands WAY more English than they are letting on, Idk but the way he reads out the English translations from his phone with a furrowed brow and confused look seems like acting

Didn’t he admit in a TH that he often pretends not to understand English when he does?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Gobi said:

Didn’t he admit in a TH that he often pretends not to understand English when he does?

Yep, he did. 

It's too bad that this is on TLC and they're so focused on the (mostly fake) drama. The immigration process and the settling in as a married couple with two different cultures is really interesting and complicated. It would make good material.But, of course,most of us are just too boring so they wouldn't want that. 

I mean, don'tget me wrong. I love this trash as much as anyone else. It's entertaining. It just isn't representative of the actual process. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m glad you saw that too regarding the Ukrainian girl.  Forgot her name. She reminds me of a little girl, always giggling and making faces.  She looks a little nuts when she attacked him when they were jogging in the park.  He mentioned her ex and she went bezerk for no reason.  Plus, she wants a baby now?   I think she is immature or nuts, or both.  He will have his hands full with her with her mood swings.  Maybe the ex divorced her.  If so, I can see why.  She’s probably pregnant from the first night.

I haven't liked her from the beginning, the little girl act is so tiresome.

But that snap to anger when her ex was mentioned seemed over the top too, I call production meddling. How long has she been divorced? I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn they divorced because she's an immature twit with a baby obsession maybe she's not emotionally capable of backing up. Tin foil hat theory.

Or it's all just producer driven. I hope next season they think about trying to drive some likable people story lines, at least one.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She’s probably pregnant from the first night.

He better be bagging it.

7 hours ago, Gobi said:

Probably following production directions (hopefully).

10 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I get that they have a good relationship but you cannot tell me that she does not grit her teeth and seethe over her 40-something ex walking around with a piece of serious arm candy.

With Julianna's age & how young she actually looks it should be provoking embarrassment, not jealousy.

• Love 6
On 12/9/2019 at 8:00 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Forgive me if i repeat as I haven't read all comments yet but:

Why in the heck is Jasmine not staying with her SISTER?!?! Who it was established lives FIVE MINUTES from Blake! Why establish the sister only to abandon the storyline in 2 eps? 

Idk why Tania's mother mentioned Syngin isn't going to be sitting around "smoking weed and playing video games like a teenage boy." Is that her experience and perception of an average teen boy? Yeesh!!! I haven't experienced very many of those types. Looks like she's interested in parenting Syngin....is this a mulligan for the time she failed to properly parent her daughter Tania into productive adulthood? I think so.  

I like the young group of expats TV Show producers that Michael was consulting with- who surely had never heard of Michael & Angela before this🙄

Glad about the prenup talk to protect the children and their assets. A proper mother would not allow the new 20 years younger bride swoop in and take from her children. As wouldn't a proper father but we see he seems at the very least into the prenup. There's a lot of talk and concern over funneling $ to Brazil etc. Indeed it's a fine line between caring for extended family and taking from your own blood to give to that extended family. Juliana has to realize and believe that's why she's into ering on the side of conservative taste when dealing with her family. 

I haven't watched this episode yet, but from what I remember Jasmine's sister was picked up from in front of a house.  I'm not sure if she may have roommates or rents a room and those people wouldn't want another person staying there.  

I vaguely remember some mention if Jasmine's sister being in an industry where she was "trying to make it" so I'm not sure if she may work as an au pair or have some other job where she can't have her sister staying with her. 

If it turns out her sister has her own apartment then yeah.....that's a headscratcher. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Mike in Sequim didn't seem like he was particularly looking for anyone but met Natalie through a friend's significant other.  She is really pretty, so I think he didn't want to pass her by.  

And whatever this debt is, I feel like he wanted to deal with it before moving forward in life.  Which is very responsible. I just think he saw a really pretty blonde who was nice and smart and didn't want to turn away. 

It seems to me that she more or less wants a sperm donor. 

I notice she does that thing Maria did where she doesn't always call Mike by his name, but some generic pet name like "love" or "husband."  Maybe it's a ukranian thing, but to me its almost objectifying, because you could use those terms for any random guy (the way Maria did).

She doesn't seem to really be pleased with his appearance or his religious views.  This is fine, but clearly religion is super important to her, so I don't know why she'd pick a guy who believes in ancient aliens.

....unless she just wants a baby and feels like she literally swallowed a clock or something.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Spike said:

She asked them to make an effort to get to know him.  How are they supposed to do that when he speaks little English and gives one word answers?

They DID make an effort.  They ASKED him to play video games.  Having attended many family events I know how precious the video game controller is and how very few kids will ever give it up.  Its kind of a big deal for kids to let you have a turn at it.  

It was a perfect chance for mursel to get to know them.  And yes, he would have sucked at it....I normally just push all the buttons at once and hope for the best.  

BUT, even if he had sucked he would have shown some interest in the kids and their activities.  And they could have joked with him and taught him some moves.  But mursel had no interest in doing that because he has no interest in those kids.  His only interest was in weirdly invading their personal space and having them bus his dishes and bring up his bags. 

Again, how is it that Anna could not have found a domestic half wit?  Why did she have to travel all the way to turkey for an average looking odd little fellow who is, at best, rude to her and her children ?  There are plenty of those guys in America!

• Love 17
31 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Why did she have to travel all the way to turkey for an average looking odd little fellow who is, at best, rude to her and her children ?

He reminds me of Barney Rubble.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 22
13 hours ago, configdotsys said:

she does not grit her teeth and seethe over her 40-something ex walking around with a piece of serious arm candy.

I completely disagree, I think she is enjoying every minute of watching her ex-husband squirm as he realizes what he has done.

For them to still have this kind of relationship in my experience there are two possibilities, one she is secretly hoping he comes to his senses and gets back with her, two, she is done, done, done, done. The romantic relationship is completely over, she knows why it is over and why it is never going to work and gets a weird satisfaction from knowing that it wasn't her fault, it was her idiot ex-husband the hasn't and isn't going to change which can bring constant closure.

There is not a doubt in my mind that as long as their finances and children are protected she would love nothing more than to marry off her idiot ex-husband to a manipulative gold digger.

Edited by John M
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Spike said:

Great, and with Grangela in her Wilma moomoo, we have 2 of the four main Flintstones characters.

Next up we need to find Fred and Betty.  Oh the baby meatball can be BamBam.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

They DID make an effort.  They ASKED him to play video games.  Having attended many family events I know how precious the video game controller is and how very few kids will ever give it up.  Its kind of a big deal for kids to let you have a turn at it.  

It was a perfect chance for mursel to get to know them.  And yes, he would have sucked at it....I normally just push all the buttons at once and hope for the best.  

BUT, even if he had sucked he would have shown some interest in the kids and their activities.  And they could have joked with him and taught him some moves.  But mursel had no interest in doing that because he has no interest in those kids.  His only interest was in weirdly invading their personal space and having them bus his dishes and bring up his bags. 

Again, how is it that Anna could not have found a domestic half wit?  Why did she have to travel all the way to turkey for an average looking odd little fellow who is, at best, rude to her and her children ?  There are plenty of those guys in America!

I have a feeling that video games in Turkey are strictly for kids, so he didn't want to "lower" himself to play.  Anna should have done some 'splainin' to him, letting him know that it's perfectly acceptable to join in, that it would go a long way toward bonding with the kids & their acceptance of him.  Most of the divide is cultural but they're just ignoring it, making it worse.

I feel SO bad for those kids.  They feel like they're losing their mom to this stranger, a stranger (in more ways that one) who would prefer that they don't exist, and doesn't mince words when it comes to expressing that.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

How about “sex addict”, hahaha.  We have to buy him a shirt that fits.  Or a bra. Hahaha.

What was that garbage he spewed about having married young, and when he and his wife matured they grew apart?  Way to go, champ, just starting the cycle over again.  You don't think Juliana has some growing up to do & may change?  WineDouche needs to find himself someone more age-appropriate who is already fully cooked that he will have something in common with!

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

What was that garbage he spewed about having married young, and when he and his wife matured they grew apart?  Way to go, champ, just starting the cycle over again.  You don't think Juliana has some growing up to do & may change?  WineDouche needs to find himself someone more age-appropriate who is already fully cooked that he will have something in common with!

Well of course Julianna will grow and mature, which is why he chose someone young and poor that he can threaten with poverty and a green card.  He plays the game nicer than some, but he still plays the game.  Its a transaction.  

This is fine, but, once she gets her green card and her clearance to work and starts tooting around Greenwich....a place crawling with rich men....it's going to be harder for Michael to seem as good a game piece as he once was.  She will be able to do better.  It won't surprise me if he tries to get her pregnant pretty quickly.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

average looking odd little fellow

Just how short IS Mursel anyway? 15 year old Joey towered over him. 

1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

Oh the baby meatball can be BamBam.

Could little Drascilla be Pebbles? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah or Carol Kane who played Latka’s girlfriend Simka on Taxi.

I bet he tells her about his debt.  Or that he is sterile.

That is who she reminds me of!! 

It has to be his debt. That seems to be his big secret. He probably tells her he doesn't want to have kids right away because of it. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I have a feeling that video games in Turkey are strictly for kids, so he didn't want to "lower" himself to play.  Anna should have done some 'splainin' to him, letting him know that it's perfectly acceptable to join in, that it would go a long way toward bonding with the kids & their acceptance of him.  Most of the divide is cultural but they're just ignoring it, making it worse.

I feel SO bad for those kids.  They feel like they're losing their mom to this stranger, a stranger (in more ways that one) who would prefer that they don't exist, and doesn't mince words when it comes to expressing that.

This.  Even if they had been playing a board game he could have attempted to join in.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Yeah, I guess I do see that. Although (and I'll probably get in trouble for this again) I really do see more of a certain someone else in Barney. Especially the weird, flat sweep of unnaturally yellow hair. Put some white circles under his eyes and he's a dead ringer. 

image.png.68c7f4a9ba7a2aa6bc60bc37b1315580.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Well of course Julianna will grow and mature, which is why he chose someone young and poor that he can threaten with poverty and a green card.  He plays the game nicer than some, but he still plays the game.  Its a transaction.  

This is fine, but, once she gets her green card and her clearance to work and starts tooting around Greenwich....a place crawling with rich men....it's going to be harder for Michael to seem as good a game piece as he once was.  She will be able to do better.  It won't surprise me if he tries to get her pregnant pretty quickly.  

Of course he will try to get her pregnant. She can do so much better and I think she will. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Yeah, I guess I do see that. Although (and I'll probably get in trouble for this again) I really do see more of a certain someone else in Barney. Especially the weird, flat sweep of unnaturally yellow hair. Put some white circles under his eyes and he's a dead ringer. 

image.png.68c7f4a9ba7a2aa6bc60bc37b1315580.png

Maybe Mursel is more of a Bad Luck Schleprock.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Kath94 said:

You don't think Juliana has some growing up to do & may change?  WineDouche needs to find himself someone more age-appropriate who is already fully cooked that he will have something in common with!

WineDouche has his own growing up to do; she's already got a good head start on him.

40 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Of course he will try to get her pregnant. She can do so much better and I think she will. 

She won't want to - she's "fat" enough already. (her words, not mine)

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

WineDouche has his own growing up to do; she's already got a good head start on him.

She won't want to - she's "fat" enough already. (her words, not mine)

A baby would push her own dreams further down the line.

On 12/9/2019 at 12:46 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

Have you been to the Universal Life Church's website? Hoo-boy, there is not a shred of credibility to be found there. The ULC put out a book a few decades back called The Discordian Bible. One of the funniest books I've ever read. They will literally ordain anyone.  To whit, after my pretentious sister got ordained through ULC and was acting like she was something special because of it, I got our long-haired miniature dachshund, Button ordained through them just to make a point. 

Yeah, my sister and I don't talk anymore. 😂

Oh, that is AWESOME! If I ever get married, I want my marriage to be officiated by "Button the Long-Haired Miniature Dachshund".

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

I haven't watched this episode yet, but from what I remember Jasmine's sister was picked up from in front of a house.  I'm not sure if she may have roommates or rents a room and those people wouldn't want another person staying there.  

I vaguely remember some mention if Jasmine's sister being in an industry where she was "trying to make it" so I'm not sure if she may work as an au pair or have some other job where she can't have her sister staying with her. 

If it turns out her sister has her own apartment then yeah.....that's a headscratcher. 

There are a number of legitimate reasons why Jaundice couldn’t move in with her sister. What’s odd is that the possibility wasn’t even mentioned.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

Oh, that is AWESOME! If I ever get married, I want my marriage to be officiated by "Button the Long-Haired Miniature Dachshund".

Oh, how I wish Button could! Button was one of the family dogs we had, growing up. We're in our 50's now. But Button was a good sport and he would've happily donned a priest's collar to officiate your nuptials. Pay upfront in Snausages would have traditionally been required. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 12/9/2019 at 3:58 AM, silverspoons said:

The oldest kid will be Angela's spy to make sure Michael stays off social media. Then Michael will get his work permit and Angela will have him become a home health aide and work with her. 

The whole time Michael was at the 'intervention' delivered by American friends, I kept wondering how Angela would react to him hanging out with a group composed mostly of young, attractive girls 'counseling' Michael on his life-to-be and reacting negatively to his bethrothed's age and place of residence. Epic.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2019 at 7:41 PM, Spike said:

And a long recap first ugh.  I like how Angela referred to herself as a fatass but Michael is supposed to pretend she’s svelte.  

Tania’s mother may be even more annoying than Tania.

Sasha is an asshole.  That is all.

I think we started last week's forum with the same words... "Sasha is an asshole."  Maybe this should be a forum tradition...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 12/9/2019 at 8:00 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Glad about the prenup talk to protect the children and their assets. A proper mother would not allow the new 20 years younger bride swoop in and take from her children. As wouldn't a proper father but we see he seems at the very least into the prenup. There's a lot of talk and concern over funneling $ to Brazil etc. Indeed it's a fine line between caring for extended family and taking from your own blood to give to that extended family. Juliana has to realize and believe that's why she's into ering on the side of conservative taste when dealing with her family. 

Michael is spending his children's future assets on fancy cars, not Juliana.  He doesn't have a problem shelling out half a mil for 1 of 3 impractical sports cars, yet pinches pennies when it comes to his new bride (though those "wedding planners" are taking him for a ride).  Sarah should have made sure the kids have a fund long before Juliana came into the picture. If I were her,  I would be way more worried about his mid-life spending crisis that funneling money to Brazil.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, ChiMama said:

The whole time Michael was at the 'intervention' delivered by American friends, I kept wondering how Angela would react to him hanging out with a group composed mostly of young, attractive girls 'counseling' Michael on his life-to-be and reacting negatively to his bethrothed's age and place of residence. Epic.

I'm betting we will see Grangela address this very thing, the essence of their story line!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Michael is spending his children's future assets on fancy cars, not Juliana.  He doesn't have a problem shelling out half a mil for 1 of 3 impractical sports cars, yet pinches pennies when it comes to his new bride (though those "wedding planners" are taking him for a ride).  Sarah should have made sure the kids have a fund long before Juliana came into the picture. If I were her,  I would be way more worried about his mid-life spending crisis that funneling money to Brazil.

I have my doubts about him actually owning any of those cars.....or that house.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 12/11/2019 at 8:45 AM, MajorNelson said:
On 12/11/2019 at 8:07 AM, Spike said:

Great, and with Grangela in her Wilma moomoo, we have 2 of the four main Flintstones characters.

Next up we need to find Fred and Betty.  Oh the baby meatball can be BamBam.

Sorry to quote myself, but realized Grangela took after Wilma's mother.  Wilma was kind of a cutie and wore short dresses.  The mother was Pearl Slaghoople.

Here are some pics

4c70611de0ad5306df11aeb84719ba10--wilma-

(Below, when Wilma was pregnant)

5df89b88d5b92ef3cc65b543efb3cae1.jpg

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

FWIW, I think Michael seems to have a good relationship with his children and I seriously doubt he would neglect them in favor of Juliana.  A well-crafted Last Will and Testament would protect his children's future far better than a prenup.  Honestly children are not entitled to anything from a parent's estate.  If he died intestate (at least in the state of Texas) his assets would be split equally between a second wife and his children, and then only if they had been married for at least a year or maybe it might be at least 30 days.  I've always gotten those two confused.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Useful 2
22 hours ago, Gobi said:

There are a number of legitimate reasons why Jaundice couldn’t move in with her sister. What’s odd is that the possibility wasn’t even mentioned.

Do we know what that guy does for money?  

I wonder how these people have health insurance, none of them seem to have a job.  I remember when a friend of mine moved to the UK, (she married a Brit here in May then it took until October for her to get her visa approved, she had 30 days to pack up and be in the UK by a certain date).  One of the caveats was she had to pre pay a years worth of health insurance for herself as part of the paper work.  Also she had to show phone records of her communications with Mr. Brit to show they really knew each other as long as she stated on the paperwork, she hi lighted zillions of lines on her phone bill, so much paperwork is involved and frankly many of these people on this show do not seem smart enough to complete the forms.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:
On 12/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, Callaphera said:

If you forget anyone's name this season, 50% chance it's a form of Michael. 

Or 33% that it’s a form of Ann

Yeah, the producers of this show are just tired. They can't keep up with all these names, so they're just going to make it easier on themselves and only cast people named Mike, Michael, Mikey or Ann, Annie, Ana, Anna, or Anny.

The producers are just all so very, very tired. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

"wannabe music producer and engineer" ftfy!

His music is tragic and his beats sound like they were made by a 12 year old. He needs to start working on plan b and fast.

Edited by Takitaki
  • LOL 1

Supposedly, he's a "music producer and audio engineer." 

1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

"wannabe music producer and engineer" ftfy!

41 minutes ago, Takitaki said:

His music is tragic and his beats sound like they were made by a 12 year old. He needs to start working on plan b and fast.

Just like Juliana is a real model, not just an Instagram one, Blake is actually a music producer and audio engineer and is part owner in a well-known business that produces some known talent. 

Like Winedouche (love the knew name), I don't know why he wants to be on this show. He doesn't need the advertising for his cuhreer and will only come across poorly by being part of this mess. 

Maybe, like Winedouche, he thinks it will help her modelling cuhreer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Christina said:

Just like Juliana is a real model, not just an Instagram one, Blake is actually a music producer and audio engineer and is part owner in a well-known business that produces some known talent. 

Like Winedouche (love the knew name), I don't know why he wants to be on this show. He doesn't need the advertising for his cuhreer and will only come across poorly by being part of this mess. 

Maybe, like Winedouche, he thinks it will help her modelling cuhreer. 

His own music is still absolutely horrible. I listen to a lot of similar music/ similar genres and he sounds like an amateur, no matter what company he owns... I don't know what his exact involvement is with the company but I just can't see anyone wanting to pay for his beats or songs. 

• Love 1