Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Premature Departure

Spike
  • Start Topic

Syngin prepares for a month without Tania. Anna questions her engagement. Blake & Jasmin's living situation changes unexpectedly. Leaving Russia brings Sasha to tears. Michael & Juliana get real about their financial future. Angela & Michael return.

Airs 12/8/19

(edited)
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

The horror! The horror!

And a long recap first ugh.  I like how Angela referred to herself as a fatass but Michael is supposed to pretend she’s svelte.  

Tania’s mother may be even more annoying than Tania.

Sasha is an asshole.  That is all.

Edited by Spike
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Spike said:

And a long recap first ugh.  I like how Angela referred to herself as a fatass but Michael is supposed to pretend she’s svelte.  

Tania’s mother may be even more annoying than Tania.

Sasha is an asshole.  That is all.

And don't forget, per the Angela storyline:  She wants respect from everyone as an elder but when Michael called her an elder she blew a gasket.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And don't forget, per the Angela storyline:  She wants respect from everyone as an elder but when Michael called her an elder she blew a gasket.

I can feel my IQ lowering when her segments come on.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Angela supports her daughter and six grandkids?  The non-incarcerated daughter can’t work and none of the baby daddies pay support?

Angela probably gets State aid for caring for her elderly mother (who she keeps padlocked inside her bedroom).  Possibly the non-incarcerated daughter stays with the mother while Angela is at work?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Angela probably gets State aid for caring for her elderly mother (who she keeps padlocked inside her bedroom).  Possibly the non-incarcerated daughter stays with the mother while Angela is at work?

Yeah.  Was that the first time we saw mama or was she shown early in the first season?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah.  Was that the first time we saw mama or was she shown early in the first season?

I think it was early in Angela's first season.  I don't recall the mama speaking, just a glimpse of her through the bedroom door.  She seemed very frail and the padlocked door may have been because she wanders out of the house.  I've never lived with that situation so the padlock may be necessary but it struck me as appalling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Angela has an Incarcerated daughter and her mother locked in a bedroom while supporting another daughter and six grandkids!!!!!

I see the network loving every bit of this one.  I smell a spin-off!  Lol

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Angela has an Incarcerated daughter and her mother locked in a bedroom while supporting another daughter and six grandkids!!!!!

I see the network loving every bit of this one.  I smell a spin-off!  Lol

I think TLC will steer clear of the incarcerated daughter.  She is serving 2 years of a 20 year sentence, the remaining 18 years will be spent on probation.  She was found guilty of molestation of an under age boy, some of which occurred with her own kids present in the house.  I was surprised they brought Angela back with this unsavory cloud hanging over the family but I guess ratings trump all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Sasha is selfish and never had to grow up. He seems to think his exes/children’s mothers are the problem. Sasha will never look in the mirror and see he is the common denominator. I never understand why women (men too) think as they start a relationship with someone who has a bad history in life/love-that they’re THE one. The one to finally change the other person with issues, exes, kids by different people who they put the blame on! Rarely happens!

• Love 15

So, like, Eeyore Anna and, like, her boys dropped, like, way more, like, "like"s in that, like, conversation than, like, my weird aunt who, like, has, like, a Facebook obsession? 

I like that Sasha's dad dressed in his best Fart Ninja t-shirt to drop them off at the airport. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So, like, Eeyore Anna and, like, her boys dropped, like, way more, like, "like"s in that, like, conversation than, like, my weird aunt who, like, has, like, a Facebook obsession? 

I like that Sasha's dad dressed in his best Fart Ninja t-shirt to drop them off at the airport. 

Anna's problem with her boys, especially the oldest, go back to before Marcel arrived.  There is something more to it than Murcel.  She cries at every opportunity over this sad sack lump of a guy who does not like Nebraska, her cooking, her eggs, her clothing, her drinking or her kids.  He even thinks she is a bad beekeeper.  

Angela, I am so done with your "He better get approved or we are DONE!"  We have heard that so many times.  And what is with that thing on your mom's chin?

• Love 21

This shouldn't be taken as a defense of Tania because I really don't like her and think she's a selfish shrew who only cares about herself. 

When it comes to the visa, you have four months to travel to the US after it's approved. It's part of the issue Emily had with Sasha not getting the passports. Russia required David (who is going to be 6'4" 240lbs at age 13) to leave the country with a Russian passport, which is what bitch slapped Steven into the realization he wasn't going to be able to take his son from his breastfeeding mother and return to the US leaving Olga alone there. Did I digress again? He's such a shitty person who needs to be reminded of being an asshole on a regular basis because he thinks he is great.

Anyway, after arriving in the US they have 90 days to marry. I don't think they have ever said how long after receipt of the K1 visa that Syngin left but it does sound like they discussed her attending the herbal immersion, which was probably paid for already, if not in full a substantial amount. As much as I don't think it would matter to Tania if she was affecting someone else negatively, this may have been a scheduling issue they couldn't avoid without throwing away a lot of money.

Tania has had some social media posts about the Costa Rica trip that are in the couples' thread. Based on them, I have a hunch that I know what she was attending. If I'm correct, she can't reschedule the class for a later date because it takes place while the plants are in various stages of growth. They are not only doing book work with dried herbs, but learning how to grow and harvest different plants. So, it was a then, another date during the 90 days, or the next year, probably at a loss of money and loss of option to attend additional training here in the US because it is considered a prerequisite. 

The reason she doesn't take herbalist classes here in the US is explained by her being super special and needing to undergo training that everyone hasn't had or cannot obtain. Now, she can say she has this specialized training that only a small echelon group has and is therefore, a better local witch doctor than the herbalist down the street.  

Many of these couples get married at the courthouse then have a ceremony later, so it probably wasn't really that big of a deal for her to leave, other than leaving him here alone when he couldn't even work. 

• Useful 11
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Spike said:

Angela supports her daughter and six grandkids?  The non-incarcerated daughter can’t work and none of the baby daddies pay support?

You can bet she gets state aid for those six grandkids too.  She supports no one.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, Christina said:

Anyway, after arriving in the US they have 90 days to marry. I don't think they have ever said how long after receipt of the K1 visa that Syngin left but it does sound like they discussed her attending the herbal immersion, which was probably paid for already, if not in full a substantial amount. As much as I don't think it would matter to Tania if she was affecting someone else negatively, this may have been a scheduling issue they couldn't avoid without throwing away a lot of money.

I'm pretty sure in the previous episode when Syngin met Tania's family, one of them brought it up and Tania said at some point that she just didn't want to wait for Syngin to be with her in the U.S. It made it sound like (to me) that they could have scheduled his visit for after* her weed smoking, mushroom eating "trip", but Tania is all about being the best Veruca Salt she can be, so lucky Syngin, he gets to be Tania's mom's work bitch and man servant. 

*but with this show, who the fuck knows, it's all fake. 

19 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Anna's problem with her boys, especially the oldest, go back to before Marcel arrived.

The oldest boy has probably heard Anna complaining that "she doesn't get to be happy, boo hoo, no happiness for me" for all of his sixteen years. I don't blame him if he's over both of them.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
22 minutes ago, Christina said:

This shouldn't be taken as a defense of Tania because I really don't like her and think she's a selfish shrew who only cares about herself. 

When it comes to the visa, you have four months to travel to the US after it's approved. It's part of the issue Emily had with Sasha not getting the passports. Russia required David (who is going to be 6'4" 240lbs at age 13) to leave the country with a Russian passport, which is what bitch slapped Steven into the realization he wasn't going to be able to take his son from his breastfeeding mother and return to the US leaving Olga alone there. Did I digress again? He's such a shitty person who needs to be reminded of being an asshole on a regular basis because he thinks he is great.

Tania has had some social media posts about the Costa Rica trip that are in the couples' thread. Based on them, I have a hunch that I know what she was attending. If I'm correct, she can't reschedule the class for a later date because it takes place while the plants are in various stages of growth. They are not only doing book work with dried herbs, but learning how to grow and harvest different plants. So, it was a then, another date during the 90 days, or the next year, probably at a loss of money and loss of option to attend additional training here in the US because it is considered a prerequisite. 

The reason she doesn't take herbalist classes here in the US is explained by her being super special and needing to undergo training that everyone hasn't had or cannot obtain. Now, she can say she has this specialized training that only a small echelon group has and is therefore, a better local witch doctor than the herbalist down the street.  

Many of these couples get married at the courthouse then have a ceremony later, so it probably wasn't really that big of a deal for her to leave, other than leaving him here alone when he couldn't even work. 

The biggest problem with scheduling anything with the visa is that nobody has any idea how long it will take. There are estimates, but timing depends on how many applications have been filed at once, how overloaded your local processing center is, whether or not your application is complete,etc. From time of application to the beginning of the 90 days it can take anywhere from 3 months to 1.5 years and nobody can tell you when. We applied for the K1 in October, it was processed and my husband had to go in for the interview back in the UK in March-exactly 2 days after our child was born in the US. He had to hurriedly leave the US, fly to the UK, go to the interview and medical exam, get the visa, and then fly right back to the US while I was still in the hospital. And yes, most of us have simple courthouse ceremonies and then have the "wedding" later because you can't plan in advance since you don't know when the visa will come in.

We could sit here and list pages of information about the visa, though, and NONE of it would explain why Tania didn't just go to the herbal retreat before applying for the visa or waited until after they married. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm pretty sure in the previous episode when Syngin met Tania's family, one of them brought it up and Tania said at some point that she just didn't want to wait for Syngin to be with her in the U.S. It made it sound like (to me) that they could have scheduled his visit for after* her weed smoking, mushroom eating "trip", but Tania is all about being the best Veruca Salt she can be, so lucky Syngin, he gets to be Tania's mom's work bitch and man servant. 

*but with this show, who the fuck knows, it's all fake. 

Yeah, I don't think any amount of logic can be applied to Tania's reasoning or the show in general. For instance, why didn't she wait until she had an actual place to live before she brought her fiance over to live in a shed in the northeast in winter? And show, why are you focusing on Angela after we've seen several scenes or her being physically violent? Fonzie has donned the leather jacket and we are quickly heading over the shark.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

I feel for Syngin. Given his high aspirations, it must be extremely frustrating and disappointing to have come all this way to be a handyman for his future mother-in-law. Let’s hope it’s a temporary position.

I don’t think Juliana is as naive as she would have us believe. After she is lawfully wedded to Michael, I am willing to bet Sarah won’t be as welcome in their home.

• Love 22
51 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

3. Was Blake unaware of his parents old fashioned rules? I'm starting to think he's kinda dopey.

Okay. I have to share:  My hubby's parents* were (and are) straight up gangster about people living together without being married*.  You. Just. Do. Not. Do This.  Period.  Blake had to know this before, I mean, my hubby knew this when he was 10!!

*= My first hubby's parents were the same way.  You are living together?  Then you must be married, right?

*= When my second hubby left college/grad school with a woman 12 years older, to live with her, unmarried with zero plans to wed.....it was NOT cool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

1. Morsel gotta go.

2. Julianna was married before? Something doesn't smell right. She was too timid to resist being married off to someone she didn't like, but not too timid to get a divorce? There's more to the story. 

3. Was Blake unaware of his parents old fashioned rules? I'm starting to think he's kinda dopey.

4. Ugh. Angela. I don't know how she has time to try to get Michael a visa, what with all the fucking off she needs to do. I'm going to relish watching her bad choices make her miserable. 

5. Fuck you Tania. Of COURSE Syngin is clingy... YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON HE KNOWS AND YOU'RE ABANDONING HIM IN A SHED FOR A MONTH TO BE YOUR MOM'S SLAVE LABOR! I've begun to hate her. A lot - a lot. (And ohmyjesus, neither one of them can spell 'sugar.')

Considering the shit she's done to him so far, he's way more polite than I would've been. 

• Love 3

I'm starting to think the whole FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC, hide the kids storyline that the bee people have going on is just that-a storyline. I feel like they were probably too boring, especially since half the couple can't even hold a conversation with production or his partner, that they needed some piece of drama to keep the viewer interested. My guess is that at the end of the season Mursel will "heroically" tell his parents and "choose" her and the kids and everyone will walk off into the honey rainbow.

I don't give them a pass on this at all. In a million years I would NEVER agree to go along with a pretend storyline that consisted of me or my partner potentially abandoning my kids. Whether it's true that Mursel is hiding the kids or that it's all fake, Anna's an ass either way. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

2. Julianna was married before? Something doesn't smell right. She was too timid to resist being married off to someone she didn't like, but not too timid to get a divorce? There's more to the story. 

Parental pressure and the church was brought up in why she was married off which makes me think it was less arranged and more shotgun style. 

1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

If this wasn't a re-enactment Inspired by Real Events™, my thought was that Blake brought it up with his parents, they were all "You know how we feel," and he dropped it because he figured that he could just bring Jasmin by and start unpacking her bags and then his parents couldn't say no. Except they did. And they made sure to fully embarrass him by doing it in front of a girl. And a bunch of cameras. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Anna and Mursel - obviously Anna has had issue with her kids before Mursel entered her life and she brought him over on the K1 visa. The communication via App is a huge barrier. Yes, eventually Mursel will learn enough English to have a proper relationship. He has shown little interest in the kids, he won't admit to anyone about their existence, they don't want anything to do with him. He knows he is not their parent and I don't know if he really wants to be there. Should Anna be by herself? No. Do all kids like their new step-parent? Nope. It takes time, hard work, and maybe some form of family counselling for a period of time. Mursel has put up a lot of red flags, and maybe Anna has been colour-blind.

Angela and Michael - the Botox stuff was way overacted. I don't know what was on Mama's face. Angela is still as classy as ever. The folks in Lagos gave Michael a bit of a clue of what life may be like in small town southern USA. He may be very disappointed.

Blake and Jasmin - she still has zero excitement about being in the US. Maybe her face is too frozen or she is hoping to find more profitable social circles to be in. Blake should know perfectly well what his parents' views are on people living together and if Jasmin would be an acceptable houseguest. She can certainly live with her sister. No idea what they see in each other.

Tania and Syngin - dude, enjoy the 30 days respite from her. Granted you will be penniless and stuck in a shed and being mom's honey-do-dude with tasks and errands. Tania, your fiancé knows no one in the US except you, your mom, and your friends. Give him a break. Bad timing to go to witch doctor academy. Maybe he will decide if he really wants this, or will end his chapter in your life story.

Michael and Juliana - he needs some boundaries with his ex-wife. She should not have the key to the new home. Or she calls first and he leaves the door open so she can bring in some dog food. The financial stuff with the kids should have been dealt with at the time of divorce and she should not have brought up the pre-nup/nush with Juliana there. That should have been a chat he had privately with Juliana. The pre-nup is to protect them both in terms of a divorce. Even people with modest incomes have them. Juliana can't be that simple and naïve to think that a rich dude will give her half his property in a one year or so's marriage. There is the age difference, the financial difference between the two, and he has to ensure that his assets are properly handled in terms of a divorce. The whole first 'arranged' marriage seems a bit fishy. She married some other 40 some dude? I'd like to believe that but I'm not sure that I do. She met Michael the slightly bigger and maybe kinder fish when she was still married? Yachting? Juliana did seem really interested in money - that she is entitled to? No sweetie. I doubt that she is Michael's true love and just sees him as a stepping stone to bigger, better, and richer things for herself. Doubt she cares about her family - unless she wants to send them a monthly cheque. I'm not buying her act of naivete. She found a chump blinded by her youth and attractiveness, and is finding out that the chump isn't as chumpy as he seemed.

Emily and Sasha - Emily, lose the 185 pound Russian weight gain and go back to the US with your baby. Do you seriously think that he will step up and take an interest in his child? You will be doing the heavy lifting in the relationship. He will just find some gym and spend his days there looking for number 4.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
12 hours ago, Spike said:

That’s the first time I’ve seen Angela’s Mama and I hope I don’t have to see her again, she said she’s 78 but she looked more like 108!  But Angela looks old for her age too.  Angela getting Botox injections was ridiculous and how she carried on was even more so.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

You guys.. I am dying!! I can't be the only one who couldn't take Sasha's father seriously in his Fart Ninja shirt. Saying goodbye at the airport, Emily was blubbing, Sasha was sobbv and it would've been a very emotional moment.. had I not been coming to the realization that Sasha's big, imposing Russian father's shirt read "Fart Ninja Silent But Deadly."

Who in their right mind knows they're going to be on American television and thinks, "Finally an opportunity to whip out my Fart Ninja top!"

A lot of people don't think about the meaning of shirt sayings in English, if it isn't their first language.  We had a Turkish exchange student who needed several interventions before learning that his "shit happens" shirt wasn't appropriate for school.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

About a decade ago, before national marriage equality, some very good friends of mine got married in CT (which had marriage equality) in Greenwich.  The wedding had about 100 people, a lovely venue, a great reception, and a full dinner at a restaurant they bought out for the night.  During the show I was texting them about the cost--it was, all told, under $15,000 for everything.  Even given inflation, that wedding planner was taking Michael & Juliana for a ride for a backyard wedding.  Her fee alone should cover the cost of 40 people, a tent, and even the finest catered food and top shelf alcohols.  As with anything, sure, you could spend $1M on a wedding with 10 guests if you go all out and are stupid or insanely wealthy, but the wedding planners acted like there was no way it was even possible to get a wedding below $50K in the area, and that's just bullshit.

As for the other Michael, that lunch meeting with the ex-pats in Legos 100% had to be all production plants, like that "interested" family with Caesar last season in Mexico.  Big ole fakey fake.

And speaking of fake, the Jasmin/Blake story has zero plausibility.  First, she says she likes to be alone and sleep alone.  Then, she is bummed that he's got to stay at his brother's house and she has to sleep alone?  And her sister lives 10 minutes away, so why  is she not just staying there?  Or both Blake & Jasmin stay at the sister's house?  Or both Blake & Jasmin stay at his brother's house?  Or, ya know, a 29 year old dude have enough money to rent an apartment if he also has enough money to sponsor a K-1 visa?  Or maybe one of the dozen pool-going friends may have a spare room?  There are too many easy outs to fix the problem that the whole situation has to be contrived.

Y'all, I spent 10 minutes looking for the Fart Ninjas t-shirt on the internet, only to find it sold out everywhere.  LOL!  Not that I wanted one, but it was truly the highlight of the show.  Nothing undercuts a moment of real emotional gravitas like a fart joke.  

ITA that, even if Anna's story line with Mursel is just made for TV, she's a shit human for subjecting her kids to this nonsense.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

5. Fuck you Tania. Of COURSE Syngin is clingy... YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON HE KNOWS AND YOU'RE ABANDONING HIM IN A SHED FOR A MONTH TO BE YOUR MOM'S SLAVE LABOR! I've begun to hate her. A lot - a lot. (And ohmyjesus, neither one of them can spell 'sugar.')

Ha! I rewound to see if it was spelled correctly.

It sounds to me that Anna may have had some previous disastrous relationship(s) for her kids to be so against her marriage to Murcel. I dont think that this is the first time these kids have had to go through this. But she is a complete idiot. How can she expect het kids to get to know him if they can't communicate? Or this whole goddamn thing is fake, hence the wedding rings we see on both of them.

There is most definitely something fishy about Julianna's previous marriage. The timing doesn't add up for all that she has been up to in her 22 years. And the ex-wife offering to get ordained to marry them??? GMAB.

I do not need to see Grangela or hear her cigarette enhanced braying any more. No amount of botox and yellow hair dye is going to make her look any younger. I did actually howl when the  esthetician with the bleached hair, fake tan, and fake face said that it is not a good idea to overdo it.

Poor Syringe. He has absolutely terrible taste in women. And that shed looked exactly the same as when they first showed it a month ago, so Miss Thing wasn't exaggerating when she said it wasn't quite finished yet. No shit.

The light bulb in Emily's brain has finally turned on and I think she is realizing what a shitbag she has hooked herself AND an innocent super-sized baby to.

This Blake and Jasmine story seems very weird too, but I am temporarily  blinded by his ultra white chompers and have to look away when they are on.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13

There sure was a difference with Angela and her grandkids and Micheal and his nieces and nephews. Angela in a Leopard print ill fitting tank dress standing outside spraying her grandkids with a hose on a tarp. Then you see Micheal with all his nieces and nephews sitting around him playing a game that requires thought and math and then playing a ring a around the rosy type game. 

My guess is while Micheal waits to get his work papers, Angela will have him at home babysitting and caring for mom. The oldest kid will be Angela's spy to make sure Michael stays off social media. Then Michael will get his work permit and Angela will have him become a home health aide and work with her. 

• Love 10

The store I work at, YEARS ago, sold that exact same fart ninjas shirt.  I was so amused to see it again.  I'm positive he had no idea what it meant.  There's whole websites devoted to people wearing shirts in English they don't understand, but just think English "looks cool".  
Sasha is such a giant waving red flag though.

I side with Anna's kids.  Why should they get invested in some guy they can't even talk to who seems to show absolutely zero interest in THEM.  They see their mom making a huge mistake, as does basically everyone in her life.

Juliana I think has a dark past.  It's nothing against her really, I think there were probably a lot of circumstances beyond her control.  I don't at all blame her for escaping, and if it takes a guy in the midst of a mid life crisis to pull her out of that life, I can't blame her for going for it.  It's just super creepy how he keeps bringing up how he's basically her savior, a power imbalance like that is NEVER good.

How did Blake get approved to sponsor?  He seems like such a doofus that doesn't even have his OWN life together.  I wouldn't want to live with a guy's preachy parents either, I don't like her, but that's not what she signed up for.

Tania is awful, full stop.   Her mom might be worse.  I can't believe they STILL don't have that shed in any sort of habitable condition.  She probably expects him to just do it all on his own while she's gone.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Kangatush said:

A lot of people don't think about the meaning of shirt sayings in English, if it isn't their first language.  We had a Turkish exchange student who needed several interventions before learning that his "shit happens" shirt wasn't appropriate for school.

There was a period in the 80s where shirts with Chinese symbols were popular. They supposedly said things like "peace" and "love", but we used to joke that they were really advertisements for things like tampons. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

I have read that male children of a single mom tend to become caretakers to their mothers.  Protectors.

Anna does her children no favors bringing this guy into their home and family.

I think it's all for the sex!  Anna is as much an idiot as women that bring boyfriends into their home when they have young daughters!!!

I'm glad the boys have each other!

• Love 6

I am still watching this every week but finding it hard to stay interested enough for the full two hours. These people are almost universally unlikable.

Blake and Jasmine surely knew in advance, HE knew, that his parents wouldn't go for that. Like the rest of you, I wonder why they don't go to her sister.

Emily's baby is huge! I hope she finds some backbone when she gets back to the states, and Deadbeat Dad leaves Daveed in the bouncer all day. I'm still appalled that she felt the need to stand there and tell him he can't do that, this is a brand new baby and he can't locate any interest. Welp.

Tania, I can't stand this narcissist. She's all noise, all surface, no substance.  She'll undoubtedly return from her witch doctor class talking loudly about the "sacrifices" she made to do this " for the community " .She should be in the dictionary next to the explanation of why "SJW" is typically a pejorative.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
18 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think TLC will steer clear of the incarcerated daughter.  She is serving 2 years of a 20 year sentence, the remaining 18 years will be spent on probation.  She was found guilty of molestation of an under age boy, some of which occurred with her own kids present in the house.  I was surprised they brought Angela back with this unsavory cloud hanging over the family but I guess ratings trump all.

Holy smokes!  I didn’t know that.  Michael is a religious guy, and they put him with Angela?  The poor guy. It’s not right to ruin his life for the green card.  He should have dumped her and found another.

• Love 5

I'm finding this season a little boring.  I used to rewatch the show a day or two after to see things I missed but I don't find myself doing that with this group.

I don't like Tania's mom.   Syringe is being abandoned for 30 days and her only thought is to use him as a work horse.   "Hey let's power wash stuff!" 

I don't like Emily or Sasha but their baby is absolutely adorable!  I couldn't stop staring at his chubby legs and big eyes, what a sweetie.  Too bad his dad is a major asshole.    Does Sasha have some kind of pregnancy fetish?   It seems like once his wives give birth he completely losses interest in them. 

Anna and Mursel  meh.  I don't see what she finds so wonderful about him, they can't even have a normal conversation.  

Angela getting botox was a waste of money.  

Blake and Jasmin zzzzzzzzzz

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Tania is bad but Anna is WAY worse. Anna is crushing her boys with rejection, via her acceptance of Morsel denying their existence. She is a desperate, awful parent. It is neglect and patent abuse of her kids and f*** her. There. I said it. 

I am sick of her shit whining that the BOYS are causing problems.  Anna YOU are causing the problem not your kids who deserve a childhood. Grow the fuck up. 

100% this.  Whenever she starts in with Joey being a problem I am like, no, you are the cause of all this.  And for what?  A guy who stares blankly at everyone and everything and hates everything (seemingly) about Nebraska.  When I saw the clip of next week of her sitting there with a "bride" tiara and sash, starting to cry I was like oh girl just no.  Just stop.

I want Syngin to clean up the shed, put it back together for Tania's mom just how she likes it, then calmly tell her he is leaving.  Or better yet leave a a note to say he is leaving!!!  He is like a hostage at this point.

Blake, you KNEW your parents would not allow her sleeping over.  I thought Jasmine would be relieved to have to sleep with him!!!!

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Parental pressure and the church was brought up in why she was married off which makes me think it was less arranged and more shotgun style. 

If this wasn't a re-enactment Inspired by Real Events™, my thought was that Blake brought it up with his parents, they were all "You know how we feel," and he dropped it because he figured that he could just bring Jasmin by and start unpacking her bags and then his parents couldn't say no. Except they did. And they made sure to fully embarrass him by doing it in front of a girl. And a bunch of cameras. 

I think maybe Blake assumed his parents would have already moved to their new house and he would have taken over the apartment, by the time Jasmin arrived.   He mentioned that he wanted her wait a while to come and start the 90 days, but she wanted to come right away.

It is also possible that he knew his parents policy, but figured they would bend the rules on a temporary basis since they were moving out soon, he and Jasmin are engaged and she came from so far.

The simple solution would seem for them to just get married.  

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

100% this.  Whenever she starts in with Joey being a problem I am like, no, you are the cause of all this.  And for what?  A guy who stares blankly at everyone and everything and hates everything (seemingly) about Nebraska.  When I saw the clip of next week of her sitting there with a "bride" tiara and sash, starting to cry I was like oh girl just no.  Just stop.

THANK you! She drives me nuts. The kicker of this whole thing? Is that Anna's Linked In says........

Spoiler

she taught ENGLISH as a 2nd language in Mexico from 2004-2008 in a remote state there.

Effective English

Jul 2004 – Jul 20084 years 1 month

Jardines de Jerez, Zacatecas, Mexico

English teacher, English as a second language.

Given her oldest boy is 16 and the next one isn't too far behind it isn't a stretch they were born there. Anna teaching ESL! ha! 

There is also a whole rabbit hole here on the boy's dad possibly, maybe this is not her first foreign fiance. Maybe. Maybe not. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 14