Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Premature Departure

Spike
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I would think that the invitations cost, flowers, band/DJ would be at an additional cost. You'd be paying for the planners to make the calls for you and to make the arrangements for you. They'd have a list of vendors on-hand and they'd just do the grunt work so you can enjoy the day.

I did everything myself.  Church wedding, 125 people at the reception, honeymoon, etc.  My husband just showed up.  (Spoiled brat).  I’m still doing everything after about 100 yrs.  Seems like. Haha.  I must be nuts.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
Just now, mamadrama said:

To me it felt like they were just pulling random numbers out of their hineys. Or maybe they're smarter than we think and they knew a sucker when they saw one.

The male part of the WCs didn't look like he'd ever been to a wedding (other than his own).  The woman definitely was throwing out numbers like fish bait, hoping she'd catch a live one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 12/8/2019 at 2:06 AM, mamadrama said:

Okay...Michael is an ass. He uses every chance he gets to let people know that Julianna's family is poor and that he is wealthy. Come on, Michael, she isn't a child you're sending $5 a month to in exchange for pictures and "thank you" letters. Unless Sally Struthers is going to pop out from behind a camera and give us a 1-800 number to call, he can just STFU. I am embarrassed FOR her. 

This^^^was the post I was thinking of when I wanted to chime in and say he was SO full of himself per:  Julianna's sister needs hearing aids. OF COURSE I am going to help her.  Why aren't you a benevolent guy?  Why must you advertise this?  His constant comments on how rich he is, followed by her narrative of being poor and stealing food, coupled with the age gap - no wonder people are giving you the side eye.  And tell your wife to stay out of your business with the talk of the prenup.  Not her business.  At all.

• Love 22
15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

@SASHA206 ..  Are we talking about “hockey crush” or someone else?  Your conversation rang a bell in my head, or maybe I’m going bonkers?

Wow, good memory!  I'm talking about my high school crush.  We broke up for about 4 months and I dated hockey crush.  High school crush and I got back together November 2018.  So we have dated over a 2 year period with a 4 month break.  Hockey crush and I are still great friends and are playing on the same team again!  

• Love 3
On 12/9/2019 at 7:35 AM, SevenCostanza said:

I don't like Tania's mom.   Syringe is being abandoned for 30 days and her only thought is to use him as a work horse.   "Hey let's power wash stuff!" 

Yes and her comment on "sitting around in the basement, smoking weed and playing video games like a teenage boy" was off putting.  Has he ever given that impression?  Is that what she thinks of teenage boys?  Syngin is being a good sport about all of this, as I really really REALLY want him to ditch Tania's ass while she is studying to be a bitch oops I mean witch doctor.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

To be fair, he seems like someone who might need detailed instructions. 

Sarah: “So, you guys need a sex therapist? I can do that!”

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought it was a combo of Shacking up and living together. 

Lindsey’s burn to Stevie in Go Your Own Way:  “packing up, shacking up is all you wanna do.”

• Love 2

I was furious over the comments made by the "Expats".  @mamadrama and @OrchidThief, hey, ya'll!  Nothing is more beautiful than the Blue Ridge in fall.  Speaking as a Small Town North Carolina girl, WE READ, WE WRITE, WE EVEN GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER!  Batman wanted to know how I could have let the Expats in the yard to see all the chains and cages.

Did anyone else notice all the so called Expats had the exact same accents?  Expats?  No.  Stage Hands?  Yes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I feel sorry for them, too. It's hard enough to accept a total stranger moving into your life, but to learn that said stranger is basically ashamed of your existence is on a whole other level. 

And your mother seems to be basically ok with her man brat treating you that way has to make it just that much worse. 

They even told her they feel like she just wants to move to Turkey and leaving them. Yeah, that's your kids screaming out for some kind of affirmation or reassurance that you love them and will be there for them.  She just makes my blood boil...

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

And your mother seems to be basically ok with her man brat treating you that way has to make it just that much worse. 

They even told her they feel like she just wants to move to Turkey and leaving them. Yeah, that's your kids screaming out for some kind of affirmation or reassurance that she loves them and will be there for them.  She just makes my blood boil...

She asked them to make an effort to get to know him.  How are they supposed to do that when he speaks little English and gives one word answers?

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling Michael’s American friends are a producer and production assistants of the show.

HAHAHAHA!! Producers: "Michael, you're a flake and a liar and probably running one of those email scams where you claim to be a Nigerian prince trying to give away his fortune, but nobody, NOBODY deserves to suffer the worst fate imaginable: marrying and trying to spawn with a lady who only has one, dusty, decrepit, if-it-was-a-building-it-would-be-condemned egg." That scene was the equivalent of Whoopie Goldberg saying, "Girl, you in trouble!"

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I was furious over the comments made by the "Expats".  @mamadrama and @OrchidThief, hey, ya'll!  Nothing is more beautiful than the Blue Ridge in fall.  Speaking as a Small Town North Carolina girl, WE READ, WE WRITE, WE EVEN GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER!  Batman wanted to know how I could have let the Expats in the yard to see all the chains and cages.

I face this all the time (left NC in 78 but went back every eight weeks until my parents died last year). The bias against us is quite unbelievable. I ghosted a friend when he went into a diatribe about southern bigots after the Charlottesville incident a couple years back -- which was perpetrated by white supremicists from OREGON. Argh. 

35 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

They even told her they feel like she just wants to move to Turkey and leaving them. Yeah, that's your kids screaming out for some kind of affirmation or reassurance that you love them and will be there for them.  She just makes my blood boil...

Honestly, she seems not quite right in the head...developmentally disabled, perhaps. That older son is really impressive. He's going places.

• Love 1

What really bugs me about Anna and Murcel is that THEY CAN'T COMMUNICATE.  

I agree that single parents have the right to date and marry, but at least marry someone they can have a conversation with.  Even if Murcel told his family about Anna's children the relationship still wouldn't make any sense because they can't even talk to each other.  

I don't bother to watch Angela and Michael, because I think their relationship is FAKE, FAKE, FAKE.  Angela knows this is her last chance to be a reality TV star, and she'll probably make it this time, but only to the level of Dani and Nicole.  

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, Spike said:

She asked them to make an effort to get to know him.  How are they supposed to do that when he speaks little English and gives one word answers?

I want someone to point that out to her.  Today.

9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I agree.  How frustrating to do that with a guest at a BBQ for thirty minutes, let alone your future spouse?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, OrchidThief said:

That southerners are not necessarily developmentally challenged. It was some dumbass comment about how people from Appalachia are idiots.

Why were you directing it to me?

51 minutes ago, Spike said:

With the foreheads and eyebrows on Anna’s kids, it looks like she mated with someone from Quest for Fire.

Ughhhh kids should be off limits🤨

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Spike said:
14 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Ughhhh kids should be off limits🤨

I don't know, this isn't politics, where the kids have no choice about being involved. This is a low-rent reality show and it's clear that kids aren't required to participate (Ashley has 2 kids that we never saw a single time during her and Jay's season) so I don't think it's out of line to have a tiny bit of snarky fun with them.

Frankly, what their mother is putting them through seems way worse, no?

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I don't know, this isn't politics, where the kids have no choice about being involved. This is a low-rent reality show and it's clear that kids aren't required to participate (Ashley has 2 kids that we never saw a single time during her and Jay's season) so I don't think it's out of line to have a tiny bit of snarky fun with them.

Frankly, what their mother is putting them through seems way worse, no?

yes, their mother is worse. But to making fun of their facial features? At this time in their lives? 😐

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I’m not going to engage.  My Appalachian friends are already engaging with you.

Yeah, I don't get that...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

yes, their mother is worse. But to making fun of their facial features? At this time in their lives? 😐

A good mother isn't allowing her sons to look at online message boards, nor do I think for a nanosecond that any of Anna's sons are the slightest bit interested in reading what strangers think of their mom's relationship. Chances are, Anna's sons aren't on this website, reading every comment.

And boys that age aren't nearly as prone to being traumatized by someone making a little joke about their looks as girls are. And that's IF they even know. Seems like a pretty safe bet that a non-malicious, meant-to-be-humorous crack like the one that was made isn't going to make it into their awareness. And even if it did, it's such a benign comment, I can't imagine anyone not taking it as it was intended and not chuckling.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

A good mother isn't allowing her sons to look at online message boards, nor do I think for a nanosecond that any of Anna's sons are the slightest bit interested in reading what strangers think of their mom's relationship. Chances are, Anna's sons aren't on this website, reading every comment.

And boys that age aren't nearly as prone to being traumatized by someone making a little joke about their looks as girls are. And that's IF they even know. Seems like a pretty safe bet that a non-malicious, meant-to-be-humorous crack like the one that was made isn't going to make it into their awareness. And even if it did, it's such a benign comment, I can't imagine anyone not taking it as it was intended and not chuckling.

Benign? That they and their father look like cavemen?

3 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

A good mother isn't allowing her sons to look at online message boards

TIL I didn't have a good mother (although I'm a daughter, not a son, maybe that makes a difference?) because she let me free on the Internet when I was much younger than 16. Of course she didn't quite understand it and it was back in the days of "Get off the computer! I need to make a call!" but still. 

• Love 1

Everyone appearing on the show is eligible for snark- from Giant Baby David to whoever the officiant ends up being for Juliana and Michael's sham wedding.  

Any more posts criticizing other member's comments will be removed and warnings/suspensions will be issued. I know this group is better than that.

• Love 16

I went to a wedding almost 20 years ago in Greenwich where I was positive they spent at least $400/person on food and there were 300 guests. There were multiple caviar bars in ice carved stations. There were 20 different passed hors d'oeuvres and another 30 or 40 at stations that included chefs making fresh sushi rolls, shucking oysters, and cooking and deep frying parts of dishes a la minute. And all of this was just the cocktail hour that was in 4 different rooms in the venue and each room had a culinary theme. Then we had a 5 course dinner, which included a couple of palate cleansers. I have never been to anything so over the top and I've been to some truly pricy weddings in NY and DC. This took the cake. The bride and groom paid for much of it. The groom's family also contributed. The father is a fairly well known author.

Though weirdly, the bride and groom insisted on not having flower arrangements or centerpieces at the dinner tables. The groom's mother called up my mom and aunt the morning of the wedding to complain about the lack of flowers at the tables and how janky it looked. My mom, my aunt, and I found ourselves driving around Stamford buying vases, crystals, tea lights, and mirrors from dollar stores and buying white flowers from nearly every store that sold flowers to hastily assemble some flower arrangements at the venue.  Later the bride and groom would explain to my aunt that the florist their wedding planner recommended and they use only showed them enormous flower arrangements for centerpieces that would have obscured half of the table from the other side. She did all of the other flowers. Somehow they ended up at this weird impasse that resulted in no centerpieces. I told my aunt to let them know that this was my wedding gift, anniversary gift, Christmas present, and every birthday present they could ever expect from me because this was some bullshit especially after I had flown in. They had flowers in the church. They had flowers for the wedding party. They even had flowers throughout the reception venue, but those flowers were never intended to be repurposed for the tables.

Spend probably more than a hundred thousand on food, but somehow not have the wherewithal to tell the florist to make smaller lower profile flower arrangements. Such dopes.

Anna and Mursel enrage me. Mursel is on the record about wanting Anna to stay in Turkey with him and abandon her children in the US. He is on the record about hiding her children from his family. He is on the record about mostly caring about Anna and not so much about her kids. Plus he doesn't  really speak or understand English. How does Anna expect her children to compromise with Mursel? Mursel would prefer that he have nothing to do with her family or that they blink out of existence. What kind of compromise is possible? Is Anna trying to Schrodinger's cat this debacle? As long as she closes her eyes and sticks her fingers in her ears, maybe they get along and maybe my kids don't exist. Mursel is an asshole through and through, but Anna is the worst because these are her fucking children. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Mursel is on the record about wanting Anna to stay in Turkey with him and abandon her children in the US. He is on the record about hiding her children from his family. He is on the record about mostly caring about Anna and not so much about her kids.

And he thinks she is a lousy bee keeper.  So what exactly is the attraction?  I have a feeling she may be his first girlfriend.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Wow, good memory!  I'm talking about my high school crush.  We broke up for about 4 months and I dated hockey crush.  High school crush and I got back together November 2018.  So we have dated over a 2 year period with a 4 month break.  Hockey crush and I are still great friends and are playing on the same team again!  

How nice!  I’m very happy for you.  Now I remember, high school and hockey, yes. Your weekly reports was like reading a good book.  I looked forward to the episodes. Lol.  Good Luck 💕

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, Azubah said:

When the ex-pats in Nigeria were warning Mykull about "the South", it reminded me of when I moved from California to North Carolina for grad school. My California friends were all, "The South?? Are you insane? Haven't you seen Deliverance??" 

Chapel Hill has about as much in common with Deliverance as it does with Star Wars. I'm sure Mykull will be fine.

Agree. Those ex-Pats' comments reminded me that we still have a lot of work to do in America to understand and respect each other.  I now live in South Carolina, but I grew up in the Appalachian Mountains in Virginia. It's amazing to me how often people outside of the South who are progressive (in terms of politics, education, beliefs, etc.) assume that a Southern accent means I'm racist, uneducated, not sophisticated culturally, etc.

That said, yes, there are parts of the South that have more work to do than other parts. But ignorance lives everywhere -- not just in the South.  But people like Angela and Caesar as our "representatives" are doing us no favors! 

• Love 5

I don’t live in the US, but most American made movies and tv shows depict ordinary people with ordinary jobs living in mansion like homes and driving late model cars. You cannot blame the hungry for green card fiancé getting the notion everyone lives in ease and luxury. 

American movies and tv should be more realistic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don’t live in the US, but most American made movies and tv shows depict ordinary people with ordinary jobs living in mansion like homes and driving late model cars. You cannot blame the hungry for green card fiancé getting the notion everyone lives in ease and luxury. 

American movies and tv should be more realistic.

Yeah even sitcoms like Will and Grace and Friends.  They could never afford those apartments.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

TIL I didn't have a good mother (although I'm a daughter, not a son, maybe that makes a difference?) because she let me free on the Internet when I was much younger than 16. Of course she didn't quite understand it and it was back in the days of "Get off the computer! I need to make a call!" but still. 

I can see that I was inartful in my word choice, since this is a total misinterpretation of what I meant. What I should have written was, if Anna is being a good mom, she's making sure her kids aren't seeking out message boards like this one. It's clear that there's snark, some more malicious than others, and what I was trying to convey is that Anna would be remiss as a parent if she didn't monitor what her sons were getting up to online and protecting them from the harsh reality of internet banter. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

That southerners are not necessarily developmentally challenged. It was some dumbass comment about how people from Appalachia are idiots.

I was reminded of a quote from Coal Miner's Daughter "I may be ignorant, but I ain't stupid!". There is a difference. 

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah even sitcoms like Will and Grace and Friends.  They could never afford those apartments.

Realistically, they would be living in a shoebox. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

And he thinks she is a lousy bee keeper.  So what exactly is the attraction?  I have a feeling she may be his first girlfriend.

I have a feeling he’s not quite all there in the head.  Who would suggest going to Turkey and leaving her kids behind?  Not a normal thing to say to a woman.  Maybe a little kid would say that.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

She's hard for me to read. I thought she was rather imperious, waltzing in one day and saying she did not want  Juliana to parent her kids. But then apparently, she said elsewhere, that was not how she intended her comment to be taken. She may mean well. Or not. I can't really get a good take on her. It's hard for me to relate at all to that type of relationship (supposedly good terms, no agenda w/ exspouse).

Well then, Julianna could be the big sister.  They do seem to like her.  The ex will have to accept that.  BTW, those two kids are very smart and have nice manners.  Not bratty at all.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GoGamecox said:

Agree. Those ex-Pats' comments reminded me that we still have a lot of work to do in America to understand and respect each other.  I now live in South Carolina, but I grew up in the Appalachian Mountains in Virginia. It's amazing to me how often people outside of the South who are progressive (in terms of politics, education, beliefs, etc.) assume that a Southern accent means I'm racist, uneducated, not sophisticated culturally, etc.

That said, yes, there are parts of the South that have more work to do than other parts. But ignorance lives everywhere -- not just in the South.  But people like Angela and Caesar as our "representatives" are doing us no favors! 

Lots of American people do not know about the South or anywhere else in America. The Deep South is all history, and I am dying to visit there.  Everyone should watch “Aerial America” on t.v. where they take you on a journey through all the states, one at a time.  They show everything of importance.  I’m from New York and would love to see all the mansions and things of yesteryear in the South, and especially the southern food.  Yum.

• Love 7

Sasha and Emily: I don’t think Sasha has some kind of pregnancy fetish. I think a year or a year and a half is about how long it takes for him to grow tired of his latest conquest. He goes through women more quickly now that he is a beefed up guy vs spindly dork with a bad haircut. He will go through more. Emily does not need to wait to worry about being a single mother, even if (big if) he stayed with her she would still basically be a single mother (he will not put in effort). 

Angela and Mycull:  as someone with experience watching a loved one go through hospice care, the thought of any hospice service sending in someone like Angela to help any dying person is downright offensive.  It takes a certain type of person to do that job, a person with all of the qualities that have NEVER been displayed by Angela. Dying people deserve dignity, grace, and respect.  On top of that I have seen at least one health care worker get chastised for being around patients while reeking of cigarette smoke.  Was there any evidence that she worked outside of the home, or is she merely referring to receiving state support for being her mother’s caretaker (I hope)?

If Mycull gets assigned child care duties I am sure he will be a more positive influence on the kids, more than Angela or anyone raised by Angela. Up until he gets TF out of there. I see you TLC, for showing how Mycull is around kids, and then cut to Angela, whose most positive child care idea involves a hose and a tarp. 

Bee people: I agree with all the comments that have been said. All we have seen is Murcel rejecting her kids, and not just in a verbal way by not telling his parents about them. His whole attitude toward them is dismissive, as if they do not matter, he has already written them off because he believes he will take Anna away from them back to Turkey. Even the youngest one is old enough to pick up on this attitude. And then she has the audacity to put it on her children to try to work on the relationship with the adult in the situation? Uh no, they are children and Murcel is the adult. Have we ever been shown Anna asking Murcel to work on things with her kids? On top of that by putting it on them, she is setting them up for guilt trips if things don’t work out. Way to mess with your kids head, Anna. Even if all this shit is fake they are still messing with the kids heads by even acting it out like a realistic scenario. 

Blake and plastic girl: plastic girl continues to be a ray of sunshine. We will watch as she absorbs all of his positive energy until he stares into the void as she does. Energy harvest complete, she will move onto the next unsuspecting victim. 

Bonus points... did anyone see the newest addition to pillow talk for next week? It should be enlightening 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

How nice!  I’m very happy for you.  Now I remember, high school and hockey, yes. Your weekly reports was like reading a good book.  I looked forward to the episodes. Lol.  Good Luck 💕

Awww, you are so sweet!  Nothing like new romance!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

This^^^was the post I was thinking of when I wanted to chime in and say he was SO full of himself per:  Julianna's sister needs hearing aids. OF COURSE I am going to help her.  Why aren't you a benevolent guy?  Why must you advertise this?  His constant comments on how rich he is, followed by her narrative of being poor and stealing food, coupled with the age gap - no wonder people are giving you the side eye.  And tell your wife to stay out of your business with the talk of the prenup.  Not her business.  At all.

I think it's his way of maintaining "control" of the situation. She is younger, attractive, and has a bit more personality than him. He constantly has to assure everyone that she had a poverty-riddled background and that he was the rich American who swooped in to save her. It's a way of keeping her in her place, less people start thinking more of her than him. 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Lots of American people do not know about the South or anywhere else in America. The Deep South is all history, and I am dying to visit there.  Everyone should watch “Aerial America” on t.v. where they take you on a journey through all the states, one at a time.  They show everything of importance.  I’m from New York and would love to see all the mansions and things of yesteryear in the South, and especially the southern food.  Yum.

And we're so culturally diverse, too. We have a summer house on St Simon's Island in Georgia and the low-country culture is so different from the culture of the Appalachian Mountains in northern GA. My own state has 4 distinct geographical regions and Region 1 is completely different (landscape, food, demographics, sub culture) from Region 3. The Appalachian south is a lot different from deep south. It's all good! 🙂

A writer friend of mine co-produced a documentary called HILLBILLY last year. He wanted to talk about Hollywood's portrayal of us. It's a good film. I think it's on Hulu. 

Should we take up an offering and buy that little angel some disco shoes? That was, by far, my favorite part of the episode. I could just eat him up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Was there any evidence that she worked outside of the home, or is she merely referring to receiving state support for being her mother’s caretaker (I hope)?

There was an episode where she was on break with a coworker in the parking lot complaining that Michael went out while she was in the hospital.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I agree that single parents have the right to date and marry, but at least marry someone they can have a conversation with.  Even if Murcel told his family about Anna's children the relationship still wouldn't make any sense because they can't even talk to each other.  

Totally agree. However, I think that the whole "cant communicate with each other" is fake too. I think Murcel speaks and understands WAY more English than they are letting on, Idk but the way he reads out the English translations from his phone with a furrowed brow and confused look seems like acting

• Love 2