Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Love, Marriage, and Sour Peaches

• Start Topic

On top of the float for WorldPride, Cynthia and Nene come face-to-face for the first time since their fall-out last year. Porsha grasps the reality that Dennis was unfaithful and plans for her future as a single, working mom. Kandi and Todd bring Ace to an ultrasound appointment with their surrogate to help get him accustomed to having a little sister, and Kenya is forced to acknowledge the growing divide in her long distance marriage.

Airdate 11.24.2019

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Axie said:

Have Kandi and Kenya always been such good friends?

That was my question. Why would Kenya reach out to Kandi about her distress? I guess this was when Cynthia was in New York. 

The cracks in Kenya's marriage are huge and visible. I'm no marriage counselor, but I know that new parenting stress can be a strain. It also doesn't help that Kenya seemed to be sublimating her own personality to do the Submissive Wife thing. If she can't be honest about her wants and needs without Mark shutting her down, then what's the point?

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, catalogrrr said:

Ace is such a sweet little boy. I wonder if Blaze will be that baby girl’s actual name or if it’ll be a nickname. Isn’t Blaze a monster truck in a kids’ cartoon series?

Yes.  The baby was born over the weekend and her name is Blaze, but, I think they're spelling it Blaize.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I thought Kandi was really trying with Kenya.  Too bad Kenya just CAN'T with ANYONE.  This is why she's always going to be alone.  She should just be happy she got to have a baby and be done with it.  That poor little baby!

NeNe is just as stanky and shitty as ever.  You'd think she'd be grateful that Gregg's cancer free but noooo......  And just now on WWHL, she's still being a giant douchecanoe.  UGH!

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

That was my question. Why would Kenya reach out to Kandi about her distress? I guess this was when Cynthia was in New York. 

When Kenya was in contract negotiations last season, Kandi (and Cynthia) were huge advocates to keep her on the show.   From the way Kandi is talking, she definitely has a relationship with Kenya and her husband - off camera.

Edited by escape
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Cynthia can dish it out in interviews, but can't take it when Nene does one?  I thought Nene did exactly the right thing on the float--say hi to "Ms Bailey," and then move it along and talk to other people.  

I can't believe Porsha's therapist said to her about Dennis, "at least he wants to be a parent."  What does he deserve for parenting his own child, a cookie?  It's not like he could just walk away, even if he wanted to.  It would ruin his hot dog reputation if Porsha--who has a huge media presence--told the world he wasn't fathering his child, so miss me, therapist.

I think part of the reason Kandi's marriage is so "successful" is $$.  Yes, Todd was working on the set in Africa when they met, but does anyone think he had Kandi money?  And now it doesn't look like Tood has to do much.  Last time I saw him doing anything work-related was during the last administration (Tood yelling at Don Juan, "and why hasn't Kandi done anything with Obama!")

I don't dislike it, I loathe it, when Dr Jackie appears on this show, and gives statements to other Bravo shows (Southern Charm).  I feel like it's shameless cross-promotion of franchises and it's so crass and commercial.  I really wish Dr Jackie would stay on her other show and act like a doctor, not a famewhore.

How much longer do we have to endure wig jokes from Cynthia and Eva?  There is so much more to criticize about Nene; stop with the low-hanging fruit; it's boring  I think Eva gets so mad at Marlo because Marlo has no filter.  For what it's worth, I think Marlo is telling the truth almost all the time.  She's sloppy and she's mean, but I can only remember one time she lied, and that was back in season four when she denied using the f word about gay people.

I do think Marlo was being a good friend to Nene at The Boathouse.  She was being nice, but she was also telling Nene what time it was.  Of course Nene couldn't handle it.  

I also thought Kandi was being a good friend to Kenya.  Marc clearly has a girlfriend, and he clearly doesn't want to bring the nanny so that he doesn't have to be alone with Kenya--Brooklyn will always be there.  He sounds like such a controlling ass--he seriously bosses Kenya around about changing a diaper when Kenya is the baby's primary caregiver?  Boy, bye.

I do think Kenya needs to give more specific information about Marc, though, as does Porsha about Dennis, because it becomes frustrating for the audience, who wants to keep up with the narrative, when they both basically say, "he is so damaging/I found so much damaging shit on his phone/I am so hurt," but when producers ask, "what was it?" they demure.  Then don't make that your storyline on reality TV.

Cynthia would be so much prettier if she used proper English.  I have thought this since the very beginning.  She doesn't have to have perfect diction like Kenya, but how about saving the "ain'ts" and double negatives for every once in awhile, the way Kandi does?  I think Cynthia thinks speaking this way makes her seem down home and relatable, but much like "child," it's old and off-putting.  Ditto for Nene and "bride maid."  I am positive Nene knows the word is "bridesmaid."  She's just trying to have a thing.  Nene and Cynthia are more alike than they realize.

Cynthia, why are you tilting your head in confusion when Marlo said you had a dip in the lady pond?  You don't remember the two seasons you were lusting after Kandi and when you finally got to kiss her, your tongue went allll the way down that throat?  

I'm not a Marlo fan, although I do think she's good for the show, but I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.  She was such an asshole to Sheree.  But it's funny how Marlo just needs to say the truth and she causes so much tumult, including causing two women to flee a restaurant in two separate scenes in this episode.  I wish every cast had a truth cannon.  Keep thirsting for that peach, m'dear.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Season four, not three
  • Love 11

More of our precious time wasted. Come on, Porsha. We know you took that hotdog king douchebag back so stop with the dramatics. 

Nene, really? shading Marlo's (hideous) outfit when you are wearing one just as awful plus playing with your long nasty weave at the table at the beautiful NYC restaurant? NO CLASS. And of course let's not forget she can't bring herself to admit she was wrong. Ever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

More of our precious time wasted. Come on, Porsha. We know you took that hotdog king douchebag back so stop with the dramatics. 

She took the hotdog king back? I do not even like Porsha, but she can do better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Cynthia would be so much prettier if she used proper English.  I have thought this since the very beginning.  She doesn't have to have perfect diction like Kenya, but how about saving the "ain'ts" and double negatives for every once in awhile, the way Kandi does?  I think Cynthia thinks speaking this way makes her seem down home and relatable, but much like "child," it's old and off-putting.  Ditto for Nene and "bride maid."  I am positive Nene knows the word is "bridesmaid."  She's just trying to have a thing.  Nene and Cynthia are more alike than they realize.

This!!! I like Cynthia but she is such a try hard dork. From the beginning, the ohh child's just never seemed or sounded right coming out of her mouth. I think she has been saying it since at least her 1st or 2nd season, and as a NY transplant that is NOT a saying that gets much play in the Northeast, except maybe ironically and even then is a stretch.

Surprise, surprise neither of Porsha or Kenya's quickie relationships are working out.

If this was anyone but Kenya, I would say the typical - they married too quickly and Marc sounds like one of those dudes who suffers from the classic Madonna/whore complex, which probably has an element of truth to it. But yeah, I think she is a complete nutbar and Marc seems like a garden variety asshole. I hope she is able to put away the crazy and he unassholes enough to be good parents to that little doll baby.

Kenya's complete personality transplant while in a relationship seems unsustainable. I think a lot of people do this though maybe to some degree unconsciously. However, perhaps it seems a bit more extreme to me because of Kenya's on-air personality.

One small thing - Kenya originally announced Brooklyn's birthday as 11/4.  Last night she said 11/3. Weird! Or maybe not. She probably did that to take some focus off the 11/4 RHATL premiere of 11/4/19. 

With this divorce, interested to see if there actually is a legal marriage.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Kenya is a bad actress. What was that BS she was trying to spin about being married the same amount of time as Kandi?! Clearly she is spin doctoring her “marriage “ storyline. It seems pretty obvious that Kenya and Marc had more of a business agreement than a real relationship. I want to like Kenya, but her shadiness is too much. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

She took the hotdog king back? I do not even like Porsha, but she can do better.

It really reduces the impact of watching her claim she isn't going to take it, doesn't deserve to be treated that way, etc etc.   I mean, she didn't deserve to be treated that way but yeah, apparently she is going to take it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Axie said:

Have Kandi and Kenya always been such good friends?

Off screen, Kandi and Kenya have been friendly.  They've been to each other's events (that weren't necessarily for the show) and Kandi/Todd have hung out with Kenya/Marc.  I want to say Kandi was one of the ones who wanted to bring Kenya back.

I think Kenya is generally harmless.  She plays too much and that's her biggest problem because not everybody plays the same way she plays.

I don't think Kenya mixing up the baby's birthday is that big of a deal.  My mom still mixes up my birthdate.  It's just a day off.

• Love 2

I noticed when Kenya was saying Kandi knew Marc, Kandi could barely contain her smirk. I think she knows Marc, but she felt Kenya was one the verge of overstating the relationship.

Twice Kandi attempted to comfort Kenya, but Kenya strangely snatched her arm away and at the end left the room, leaving Kandi looking like a fool. Why hound the woman, call her over for the cameras then pull away from her like that?

I still haven't forgotten Kenya's strange domestic violence PSA stunt. She narrated her relationships with Marc and googly-eyes with all kinds of DV shade but didn't acknowledge it as such, but presented herself as a DV survivor based on some unknown relationship.

• Love 6

She should just be happy she got to have a baby and be done with it.  

Both she and Porsha went into those relationships wanting a bio dad for their baby.  They are pitching the drama as a storyline.  

I find it interesting that so many famous white women adopt African babies when they want children and yet, African American women don't even discuss that option. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I find it interesting that so many famous white women adopt African babies when they want children and yet, African American women don't even discuss that option. 

Why would African American women adopt African babies when there are a ton of African American babies/children right here in the United States available for adoption?

The question needs to be "Why are so many famous white women adopting African babies when they could adopt African American children right here at home?"

And plenty of African American women adopt children; it's just not a formal process.  Example from just this season: Marlo and her sister's kids.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Women really need to think before having babies with scumbags - not only do they saddle innocent kids with them, they also get to see the scumbag in the faces of those innocent kids every day. Why do babies always look like whichever parent is the biggest scumbag?!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think part of the reason Kandi's marriage is so "successful" is $$.  Yes, Todd was working on the set in Africa when they met, but does anyone think he had Kandi money?  And now it doesn't look like Tood has to do much.  Last time I saw him doing anything work-related was during the last administration (Tood yelling at Don Juan, "and why hasn't Kandi done anything with Obama!")

Todd is still working as a producer/production staff on non-RHOA projects. He's also the project manager and/or primary Kandi Factory staffer on the OLG project(s). Just because his stuff isn't part of the storyline doesn't mean he isn't working.

I don't dislike it, I loathe it, when Dr Jackie appears on this show, and gives statements to other Bravo shows (Southern Charm).  I feel like it's shameless cross-promotion of franchises and it's so crass and commercial.  I really wish Dr Jackie would stay on her other show and act like a doctor, not a famewhore.

I don't like Dr. Jackie pop-ups either, but wasn't she on RHOA as the OBGYN to several of the ladies long before MTM came to be?

I do think Kenya needs to give more specific information about Marc, though, as does Porsha about Dennis, because it becomes frustrating for the audience, who wants to keep up with the narrative, when they both basically say, "he is so damaging/I found so much damaging shit on his phone/I am so hurt," but when producers ask, "what was it?" they demure.  Then don't make that your storyline on reality TV.

Kenya has a real problem. Her quavering baby voice descriptive of problems in her relationship with Marc are almost exactly the same as they were with ole' crazy eyes right down to the one tear dripping down her face. I feel like I've seen this before (cause I have!) and I'm just wondering if the problem is she's dumb or just so big of a narcissist that she doesn't get it.

If this is EXACTLY the trajectory of every one of your failed TV relationships, don't you see that it will cause folks to think that this also was a fake relationship? And if it's not a fake relationship, why is it that you are so interested in being a girlfriend and not at all invested in being a good wife/mother? Why is your primary concern being in ATL, if the man you love is firmly, totally and completely invested in being in NYC? And if you want to spend time with him, why would you go to Turks and Caicos for your anniversary with a newborn rather than traveling to wherever he is to spend time with HIM??? 

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

why is it that you are so interested in being a girlfriend and not at all invested in being a good wife/mother? Why is your primary concern being in ATL, if the man you love is firmly, totally and completely invested in being in NYC? And if you want to spend time with him, why would you go to Turks and Caicos for your anniversary with a newborn rather than traveling to wherever he is to spend time with HIM??? 

Emphasis mine. Both can exist at the same time. I think Kenya is invested in being mother and wife, but she also wants the romance that existed prior to motherhood. Although considering Marc's controlling asshole-ness, I don't know how any romance happened previously. 

It's wild to me how women are expected to jump through fire for men with 0 reciprocity happening on the other end. I guarantee if Kenya moved to NYC, Marc would've ignored her then too. While I agree that they should've discussed moving before marriage, Marc wants Kenya to do everything he says, and as soon as she objects, it turns into a fight. She's never had a kind word to say about him. Before Brooklyn was born, she always spoke about him being controlling and there was a fear of him leaving her. "I don't want to get divorced." I don't even remember what that was about 2 seasons ago, but there was never a loving moment between them, at least nothing that was shared on camera.

Kenya needs to run, not walk away from Marc. Any man who enjoys fighting is not someone you should be around. As I wrote last week, he's aware that he has all of the power in the relationship and he uses it accordingly. He knows how desperate Kenya was to be married and have a family and he treats her like shit because she needs validation. 

And I did not understand the rationale behind not wanting her to change Brooklyn's diaper. He'd rather his daughter sit in her mess and be cranky just to undermine his wife? I really want to know what his relationship is with the mother or mothers of his other children. 

Kenya is so cagey that everything she says and does has a veneer of confusion, but judging by what she told Kandi, it sounds as if Marc lost his attraction to her once she progressed in her pregnancy. Sadly, I've heard of this happening before. She went to Turks and Caicos by herself because Marc refused to bring the nanny along. He wants nothing to do with Kenya, but she's still trying to hold on. 

I didn't blame Eva for getting up when Marlo came around. Why she cares about Eva's finances and sexuality is a mystery. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

There are certain things that turn men off.  Nanny is one of them.  I get you need childcare but just hire the help and carry on.  

You are new parents ....celebrating an anniversary????......then you do a nice romantic staycation.  

You do not go on a trip, drag a nanny, a tiny baby and have this man stuck with his family 24/7 away from home for a week. Then now you are stuck watching your employee, too. 

Their new money ways .....Porsha and Kenya......is so irritating.

Why is Marlo on this show????  Who is parenting her new 3 kids???  🤣

• Love 2

Was there some reason the prices of the food ordered was shown on screen at the restaurant?

It was obviously some kind of deliberate thing production wanted to underscore but I don't understand what? The women aren't paying for the food so what difference does the price make - and while the restaurant was expensive, it wasn't completely out of whack for an upscale Manhattan place. 

Anyone who can explain the significance?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, amarante said:

Was there some reason the prices of the food ordered was shown on screen at the restaurant?

It was obviously some kind of deliberate thing production wanted to underscore but I don't understand what? The women aren't paying for the food so what difference does the price make - and while the restaurant was expensive, it wasn't completely out of whack for an upscale Manhattan place. 

Anyone who can explain the significance?

My guess is that they were pointing out Eva's extravagance on the company dime.  I doubt she'd order like that if she was picking up the tab.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

My guess is that they were pointing out Eva's extravagance on the company dime.  I doubt she'd order like that if she was picking up the tab.

I thought of that but that would be destroying the fourth wall because they like to pretend that the housewives are actually paying for trips and other stuff. 

I think there are a lot of people who watch the show and don’t understand all the freebies the wives get. 

• Love 2

Showing the prices was weird, but it looks like they were trying to compare how much Eva ordered ($178) with how much Cynthia ordered ($44), since Marlo’s total was not shown.

Edited by link417
Typo
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, link417 said:

Showing the prices was weird, but it looks like they were trying to compare how much Eva ordered ($178) with how much Cynthia ordered ($44), since Marlo’s total was not shown.

Seemed to me that Eva was ordering dinner for the house. That order would have fed a family of 4.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I'm pretty much done with all the housewives shows.  Used to watch them all but I'm down to Atlanta and New Jersey!

I think I'm going to scratch Atlanta.  They are so fake with all those horrible weaves and blown up lips and tons of makeup.  They are hard to watch.  The game fights just NO!

Nene back as a movie star returning was the last straw for me.

Stick a fork in me I'm done with Atlanta!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Thanks for the responses regarding why prices were posted because they generally don't show prices unless it is to make some kind of point - typically when they are at a store buying something.

Since the food was Asian and typically people order Asian food "family style" to be shared, I assumed it was meant to be shared in some way.

Eve seemed to be a bit piggish - but I assumed it had to do with pregnancy hunger LOL. And you could show her piggishness without the prices because that amount of food for one person would have been a lot. 

And she actually only seemed to take one or two dishes with her when she left which wasn't excessive - portions seemed small.

And I am totally over-thinking this - probably because the episode was particularly uneventful.

And the Lychee martinis at $19 a pop would have added up pretty quickly since Eve couldn't drink and had to content herself with food.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

Girl/guy, did you see all the food she ordered when she was at the OLG restaurant with Kandi and Cynthia?  Production seemed to make a point of showing that too.  She seems a bit excessive, actually a lot excessive to me.  She eats like it's her last meal on the earth...sorry/notsorry 🙂  For sure though, production is highlighting it. 

Production can be pretty shady and entertaining, so there must be something to this.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/25/2019 at 8:35 AM, islandgal140 said:

This!!! I like Cynthia but she is such a try hard dork. From the beginning, the ohh child's just never seemed or sounded right coming out of her mouth. I think she has been saying it since at least her 1st or 2nd season, and as a NY transplant that is NOT a saying that gets much play in the Northeast, except maybe ironically and even then is a stretch.

I’m pretty sure that Cynthia originally is from Alabama?

i can’t feel sorry for Kenya. Yes, Marc sucks, but Kenya in general is an ugly person. Maybe it didn’t occur to Kenya that going into a marriage with a fake, submissive personality wasn’t a good idea? Because that just cannot be sustained for long. (Unless you’re Miriam’s mom Rose from Mrs. Maisel and can pretend, for 30 years, to wake up every morning with a full face of makeup and perfect hair). 

And why did Kenya go on the anniversary trip alone with Brooklyn? If the nanny wasn’t there, then why didn’t Marc also go, since that’s what he wanted? Something about that story doesn’t add up. UNLESS, Kenya brought the nanny with them. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Love 8

I assumed her large orders of food were based on taking advantage of being pregnant. It's not uncommon for women - especially women who ordinarily have to restrict their diet to remain slim - to eat A LOT while pregnant and sometimes gain more than the 20 or so pounds that is theoretically recommended. Kim Kardashian and Jessica Simpson were both huge - and were also fat shamed.

I didn't think she was particularly taking advantage of free food - just that she was using a diet "hall pass" to order everything she felt like eating :-).

I just thought highlighting the cost of the entrees was in addition to shading her voracious appetite. 

Of course, this shows exactly how boring this episode was since Eve's eating habits were probably among the more interesting parts. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

I’m pretty sure that Cynthia originally is from Alabama?

Cynthia is from Alabama but I don't recall her saying "Yeah Chile" and "Hunny" in previous seasons as much as she's doing this season.  It seems forced and Try Hard.

• Love 2
On 11/26/2019 at 9:46 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I'm pretty much done with all the housewives shows.  Used to watch them all but I'm down to Atlanta and New Jersey!

I think I'm going to scratch Atlanta.  They are so fake with all those horrible weaves and blown up lips and tons of makeup.  They are hard to watch.  The game fights just NO!

Nene back as a movie star returning was the last straw for me.

Stick a fork in me I'm done with Atlanta!

I'll give you the weaves but blown up lips? Black women's lips are naturally full. You sure you're not mixing them up with Orange County? LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/26/2019 at 8:14 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Girl/guy, did you see all the food she ordered when she was at the OLG restaurant with Kandi and Cynthia?  Production seemed to make a point of showing that too.  She seems a bit excessive, actually a lot excessive to me.  She eats like it's her last meal on the earth...sorry/notsorry 🙂  For sure though, production is highlighting it. 

I think she feels she gets a pass because she's pregnant but it is kinda makes her look broke and this is the only way she can get a good meal.

On 11/27/2019 at 5:17 PM, drivethroo said:

Cynthia is from Alabama but I don't recall her saying "Yeah Chile" and "Hunny" in previous seasons as much as she's doing this season.  It seems forced and Try Hard.

I think Cynthia is trying to fit into the mold of what production thinks an Atlanta housewife should be like. I remember she was model thin when she first started the show and then got a little thicker and said that is how they like it in Atlanta.

I grew up in Atlanta and I can tell you women come in all shapes and sizes there, just like everywhere else. Cynthia had a sophisticated NYC vibe about her and I'm sure production told her to countrify it so she seems more "Atlanta". This is pretty stupid because there are plenty of sophisticated people in the south, as she should know, since she hails from Alabama.

• Love 4