Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Oh yeah, her hair has been bad for a long time now. I actually thought her hair and makeup were decent for a change, albeit too casual for the occasion. Now putting her in that dress on the other hand…that was just mean. 

It comes off like the costume people resent having to dress an actress over a size 4, especially if it’s someone whose size fluctuates. They pull this with GF all of the time as well. I would get frustrated if it was me and just ask fo wear my own clothes. 

• Love 10

Today's journey: All the gas station restrooms were locked and I had just drank a Big Gulp.  In other words: PAINFUL!

- Seeing Jason and Michael talk about his fictitious childhood wish for Carly and Jason to marry really needed a Kimberly McCullough voiceover, a la Arrested Development:

Jason: Your mother and I bonded over taking care of you.

KMc: They didn't.

Michael: I always wanted you and my Mom to get married.

KMc: You were a baby.  You didn't even know what the word 'married' meant.

- STFU, Olivia.  Jesus Christ, defensive much?  And eyeroll into next week for Michael and Jason acting like the Goon Squad and coming out to bust some heads.

- Joss's dress was awful.  I had that particular color of pale mint green on anyway, but coupled with a dress 20 years too old for her, it was really bad.

- Carly's dress: the material looked like something a Project Runway contestant uses in the unconventional materials challenge where all they  have to pick from are a variety of Christmas decorations.

- Maxie's dress: would've looked good on someone long and lean, like Nina or Britt.  This isn't a riff on Kirsten, but the wardrobe department.  Do better.

- Nixon Fails: I wish that beam could knock the last eight months out of my memory.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

Right before the beam fell on Smike, I wondered aloud if a beam could fall on both of them, thus putting us out of our misery. I guess I got part of my wish but alas, he’ll not only live but wake up remembering who he is and wondering what he’s doing there. Then he’ll rush back to PC to stop the wedding. 🙄

• Love 4

Oh this silly show.

When Michael was a toddler and probably before having his first real memories, Jason left town for a bunch of year. Carly and Michael went to live with Sonny, and he was the only person he considered his dad during his childhood. Michael also tried to parent trap his parents when he a child, so Michael is straight up lying to Jason.

Sonny was taken out by water and will come back through fire.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He can fuck right off; love them or hate them, the wedding of the century in Soapland will always be Luke and Laura's wedding.

It could be argued that as the previous century.  Of course I can’t think of any century in which the wedding if Carly and Jason would be considered a major event…

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, seasons said:

Just curious - how did they decide on the name Tan-O?🤔

It's a nod to OLTL,

[Llanview] "is said to be the county seat of Llantano County and located on the Llantano River, across from All My Childrens Pine Valley."

• Useful 9
  • Love 4
On 9/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Franco is killed and here comes this annoying long lost son of Jimmy Lee.

I am wondering (esp. after the "Did I say something wrong?" line re: Britt) if the Show is going in the direction of Austin having Asperger's. 

On 9/14/2021 at 3:06 PM, Cheetara1986 said:

I will give Joss this, she will always have Trina's back. Something Carly can never do: have a genuine connection and friendship with another female.

Yup, and Spencer and Esme could not be more deserving of her bitchiness.  Trina is her best friend but was pre-occupied with being upset that her mom was in an accident with the commissioner and Joss has known Spencer since he was a little kid, so i didn't have a problem with her confronting them. 

On 9/14/2021 at 3:15 PM, statsgirl said:

Esme makes Lady Macbeth look like an amateur.

Drew got the better deal if he gets Nurse Chloe and Dante is stuck with Sam.

I totally agree!!! You put it perfectly. 

On 9/14/2021 at 6:15 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Do the writers think

NO. Clearly.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

and it was Jaysus doing it until she was sent to Ferncliff after shooting Tony; AND it was ROBIN!FUCKING!SCORPIO! who help you raise him until the SheBeast returned and the secret of his paternity exploded, you 'roided up bastard.

I assumed his lines about learning to love each other by raising you referred to when Carly and baby Michael were living with him in Sonny's Penthouse. They were "Michael's parents raising him together" at the time Tony kidnapped Michael, and during Tony's trial. He didn't say "fell in love" but Jason was invested in Carly as Michael's mother. 

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

Mike is all "i love you Nina, don't leave me Nina." and then just sits there, instead of you know. throwing Nina over his shoulder and leaving. Nina is like, "I love you too." Me: are you just gonna stay there and get burned up because that works for me.

Mike gets smashed by a beam! (someone called it). I never understand this. why push her. just .... take a giant step forward with Nina and you're not hurt.

"MIke" handled the fire situation in the dumbest way possible, so I can't feel sorry for him getting hit by that beam.  I LOVE that Jax got himself and Sonny into the bar in a more safe way than a broken glass window, and that he was the one to save both women. He deserves big apologies and thank yous from them. 

EMc's hair and makeup looked beautiful for the wedding and that dress is a gorgeous color for her complexion, BUT I HATED the implied put down of Cam when Carly and Joss spoke about Joss possibly getting married some day.  Joss does not deserve to maybe one day marry Cam. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I think it's meant to be a OLTL reference where there was a Llantano mountain and a Llantano County. 

Or what @ciarra said 🙂

Tan-O is an awful name for a bar. Maybe that's why it never had any customers - people thought it was a tanning salon. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

Thanks to the comments here I was able to FF all the gross Jarly scenes - though I caught too much of Joss and Carly's mother/daughter stuff.  

I'm ashamed to admit that I kinda enjoyed Peter's Snidely Whiplash act and wouldn't mind him taking it on the road. I have a list of PC residents he could visit.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

The fire “rescue” demonstrated all the things that always drive me crazy in these TV disaster situations. First of all, stopping to chat when time is critical. Profess your love LATER. And why rip off the duct tape when they are in the midst of all that smoke? So they can breathe deeply, damage their lungs and pass out? (Which is what should have happened.) OK, then. Jax and Smike should also have had trouble breathing while hanging out amidst the flames and smoke, but no. 

And then the perfectly placed falling beam, because of course. I’m sure this will lead to sudden memory regeneration. I just hope remembering who he is makes Sonny run and hide somewhere far, far away, where shame and embarrassment overcome him and he spends the rest of his days living among the sea turtles, never to be seen again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

It's a nod to OLTL,

[Llanview] "is said to be the county seat of Llantano County and located on the Llantano River, across from All My Childrens Pine Valley."

And Sonny disappeared in the Llantano River, so Nixon Falls/The Tan-o is presumably near the Llantano River.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I just hope remembering who he is makes Sonny run and hide somewhere far, far away, where shame and embarrassment overcome him and he spends the rest of his days living among the sea turtles, never to be seen again.

Heeey, what did the sea turtles ever do to you?!

( I say this as someone who saw sea turtles up close abroad and was fascinated; they don't deserve to have to deal with Sonny in their environment.)

It's interesting to me that after all the comments I've read about the actresses playing Carly, I really saw Sarah Brown's Carly in LW's Carly when she was sitting by herself, with that shit-eating contented grin on her face of "I'm finally getting what I always wanted!" I just know that look is going to be wiped off her face when drama and/or violence happens during the vows or reception. I assume Sasha will be injured, and maybe a couple others. Did I miss any mention of  Jason's kids being informed he's getting married? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, lala2 said:

As a family lawyer, I can say I've run into my fair share of Olivias - parents who refuse to believe anything could possibly be wrong w/their child! I just rolled my eyes at her reaction. I liked the way Austin handled it though, and I liked the way he broke it to Ned a week or so ago. When it comes to autism or any type of issue w/a child, some parents can be super sensitive and will reject any talk of anything being "wrong" w/their child. 

This does happen.  I have family members who are against medicating a child, even if the child is clearly on the spectrum, or depressed.  They insist it's just going to pass or is ordinary kid stuff.  The kid is going to be fine  - while they pass on all the help the kid could get.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Did I miss any mention of  Jason's kids being informed he's getting married? 

Who now?

Also, look, I know we're all getting older, but Steve Burton is looking really, really aged.  All that tanning has done a number on his skin.  

• Love 19
12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I would get frustrated if it was me and just ask fo wear my own clothes. 

Constance Towers wore her own clothes as Helena; I believe she said it was easier because she knew exactly how Helena would dress. She wasn't wrong—Helena always looked great.

10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

EMc's hair and makeup looked beautiful

The only thing I didn't like was the highlighter in the corner of her eyes. I found that very distracting.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Constance Towers wore her own clothes as Helena; I believe she said it was easier because she knew exactly how Helena would dress. She wasn't wrong—Helena always looked great.

She consistently looked fantastic and 100% Helena-esque.

Austin: I do think they're writing him on the spectrum.  His "I said something wrong, didn't I?" seemed like the latest little hint at it.  And I thought he handled Olivia wonderfully.  

• Love 18

I'm a few days behind, I just saw the epi where Jason and Carly declare their love for each other.  I'm going to duck down to avoid the rocks, but I'm really not hating Jarly as much as I thought I would.  I'm still not thrilled that they are taking the one long-term male/female friendship on any soap ever (OK, that may be a bit of an exagerration, but not by much) and turning it romantic.  But, I'm at least feeling it a bit.  I'm kind of hoping Sonny gets sideleined.

And, speking of which (again I'm a few days behind), just saw where Jax confronted them. Sonny/Mike is an idiot.  Maybe Jax didn't say "Nina and I know exactly who you are and Nina's been hiding it from you all this time," but it was clearly implied.  Enough that he should have asked if that were the case.  Except for the fact that he clearly doesn't want to know.

I have no idea what I would do if I had amnesia. I'm of the opinion that nobody knows because they wouldn't have amnesia and not know their feelings on the subject.  But, I do think I would not be happy about someone actively lying about knowing who I am while getting romantically involved.  What a betrayal.

• Love 7

The good: I liked Joss' dress and earrings yesterday.  I liked Carly's hair and Olivia looked good in her dress also.  And I love any scene with Austin. I'm sure he will be on the autism spectrum, which is why he recognized it in Leo.

The bad: everything else.  The was no suspense with the fire. We know everyone will survive. The only question is will Sonny get his memories back and will the show do what they should have done with Jason and have Sonny be horrified by his past life and have to deal with all the chaos and crimes he committed?  Also, agree with everyone else about Jason and Carly and this made up love they have for each other. Barf.

Britt needs a real storyline and I do not like the new Spencer. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm still not thrilled that they are taking the one long-term male/female friendship on any soap ever (OK, that may be a bit of an exagerration, but not by much)

I'd say Felicia and Cass's friendship on Another World trumps this "friendship", which I only see as an unhealthy codependent relationship. Where the SheBeast never lost an opportunity to tell all and sundry "she doesn't share".

11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

It could be argued that as the previous century.  Of course I can’t think of any century in which the wedding if Carly and Jason would be considered a major event…

Let me clarify then: Luke and Laura's wedding was the best wedding in millennia. Yeah, I said it!

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I have no idea what I would do if I had amnesia. I'm of the opinion that nobody knows because they wouldn't have amnesia and not know their feelings on the subject.  But, I do think I would not be happy about someone actively lying about knowing who I am while getting romantically involved.  What a betrayal.

Great point. Mike clearly doesn't care that he has a past (though I also think that because it's coming from Jax, he's especially truculent; somewhere deep down he knows he dislikes Jasper; heh), but he should care that someone he purports to love has been lying to him since the day they met.

19 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

I'm sure he will be on the autism spectrum, which is why he recognized it in Leo.

It doesn't say much for whoever Leo's regular pediatrician is that s/he didn't recognize any spectrum behavior. That's what should really anger Olivia.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Great point. Mike clearly doesn't care that he has a past (though I also think that because it's coming from Jax, he's especially truculent; somewhere deep down he knows he dislikes Jasper; heh), but he should care that someone he purports to love has been lying to him since the day they met.

That reminds me.  While I was watching Mike get all territorial over Nina, I realized that Jax and Sonny have shared a lot of significant others, or sex partners: Nina, Carly, Sam, Brenda, Alexis.  It's weird because I find them pretty unsimilar.  Physically and personality-wise.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Mike clearly doesn't care that he has a past (though I also think that because it's coming from Jax, he's especially truculent; somewhere deep down he knows he dislikes Jasper; heh)

I think you mean "Candy Boy!" because that's what he always called him.🙄 A sign of insecurity, that.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It doesn't say much for whoever Leo's regular pediatrician is that s/he didn't recognize any spectrum behavior. That's what should really anger Olivia.

But since she now also hates Austin, she got in his face to tell him he was wrong, because according to her, Leo's doctor said he was "perfect".

While my nephew's parents and grandparents were in denial about his autism, they weren't so adamant about nothing being wrong with him; that he was perfect. 

I know it's true to her character, but I am so fucking sick and tired of the stereotype. She'll probably pull out the rosary, go to Church and ask God WHY? WHY did her "child" have to be dealt this blow?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

That reminds me.  While I was watching Mike get all territorial over Nina, I realized that Jax and Sonny have shared a lot of significant others, or sex partners: Nina, Carly, Sam, Brenda, Alexis.  It's weird because I find them pretty unsimilar.  Physically and personality-wise.

Wasn't Jax with Kate Howard at some point too?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Wasn't Jax with Kate Howard at some point too?

Jax and Kate had a one night stand back in 2008, and Jax' then wife Carly walked in on them if I remember correctly. Just binge watched way too many 2008 /09 episodes a few months ago.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Nope. Jason asked Sam if she told Danny yet to which she responded that he didn’t even her tell about it and she’ll leave that up to him. Jake found out second hand when Josslyn told Cameron about it and Jake happened to be standing next to him. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I can’t think of 2 other soap characters who have been fighting over different women for decades. Their love triangle with Brenda was the only good one that was organic and you could see why she was torn. Every other time, they were living off the fumes from fighting over Brenda for the built in feud. Even with or especially with Carly. 

• Love 3

Constance Towers is a very classy lady.

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Not by Jason. Hopefully Liz and Sam told them even if Sam wanted to leave it up to Jason. It wouldn't be fair to Danny to have him discover it from a third person.

I forgot that Carly is a Spencer since it seems like none of the Spencer family is going to be at the wedding. I know that Laura is in hiding but Rocco and Aiden are both Spencer kids.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I forgot that Carly is a Spencer since it seems like none of the Spencer family is going to be at the wedding. I know that Laura is in hiding but Rocco and Aiden are both Spencer kids.

Presumably Bobbie will show up. Lucas probably won't though, since the show has already forgotten about him. Hell, Donna probably won't even show up.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

With the exception of her mother and those few years pre-Dante that Lulu was written as a mini-Carly, I never got the impression that she was very close to any of them so that doesn’t surprise me. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is she still feuding with Dante and Lulu because of Michael's prison sentence?  If there's one thing Carly is good at, it's holding a grudge.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Right before the beam fell on Smike, I wondered aloud if a beam could fall on both of them, thus putting us out of our misery. I guess I got part of my wish but alas, he’ll not only live but wake up remembering who he is and wondering what he’s doing there. Then he’ll rush back to PC to stop the wedding. 🙄

Likely. I guess it's better than him forgetting both Sonny and Mike & him going off to Pine Valley where he meets Hayden and it takes another 9 months for someone to find him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

On Today's Journey

The Wedding Crap

Novak comes up and stares at at Jason. Jason stares at him. It's a match made in heaven. 

Monica: looking nice in her outfit. blowing smoke up Carly's ass. But she says "You are my son, where else I would be." 

Carly's dress: just.. too tight. . I do like the colour. Bobbie and Carly crap. They keep throwing out "true love" Carly "how did i get a daughter like Joss?" Bobbie "Circle of life, I mean they come into town hellbent on destroying your life, and now they don't need you anymore." 

Ned and Olivia: 
Olivia: Austin is implying something wrong with my child who does he think he is?!" Ned: "Um. a Doctor?" (haha). Olivia is all "he manipulated Chase. HE'S EVIL!". Ned "This isn't about ELQ" Olivia is like "he could have a hidden agenda, why should we trust him." Ned "We shouldn't. but Leo has a connection with Austin so that should count for something." Olivia shuts up. 

Willow shows up. Suddenly feeling sleepy. Millowtonin kicking in. Apparently Michael is thinking of Sonny.  "he's with us."

Brando talking to Sasha on the phone.  Gladys is all this is my kid!  Is Gladys close to Sonny etc? Brando is like "Sonny would want the people close to him happy together." (Brando clearly doesn't know Sasha). Novak propositions Brando to work for him. Brando shoots him down. Gladys is pissed. (Why does his mother want him to be in the Mob so much).  Sasha is on bedrest. (mention of pre-eclampsia. interesting).

Five Families are like "are things set?" Please. Red Wedding. 

Dianne: blowing smoke up Jarly's butt about how they won't lose each other. LOL now Dianne is like. let's sit here and see the two people we'll never get married get married. They look giddy because they think Monica would stop the wedding. Monica asks if Dianne brought a prenup. teeheee. 

Epiphany: You deserve happiness. (No. no he doesn't). 

Novak tells Jason he apologises for Joey and he's gone.

Priest: We are here to see Caroline known to her beloved as Carly.
Me: uber gagging. and eyeball rolling. 

Vow time
Jason: no one else i wanna build a future with. 
Carly: i saw you at Jakes and we had a connection. I choose you 

Me: GIVE ME THE RED WEDDING ALREADY!

Non Wedding

Nina is screaming for Mike, Jax is like get a clue hello, fire. 
Mike is able to get up from the fire (because of course he is). Paramedics finally get these people to move away from the fire. Nina is asked his name and Nina is like. Whatever his name is Sonny but he answers to Mike.
Sonny sees Carly walking away from him (as she's walking towards Jason)

Mike (Daddy) saves Sonny (In his head). Oh Look. SOnny is gonna to remember. Apparently Mike/Lenny served together? he sent Sonny there. Sonny is like Lenny is one of the many reasons why I stayed here.  Mike "Cool story bro, time to go home."

Mike: you can't run away from the past.
Sonny: working for me. 
MIke: I know you love your life here
Sonny: damn straight
Mike: one problem. Mike is dead. 

Mike is giving Sonny all his memories (all the violent ones LOL. Barware flinging, Shooting Dante in the Chest, etc).  Mike is blowing smoke up Sonny's ass. (Mike is like. dude i committed CRIMES!!! It's better that i stay away!!) Mike "That's not up for you + me to decide." (Who is it then?)  Mike is saying "he'd pick who he was and choose to remember." Sonny sees Carly and turns around. 

Mike is like "You can die as Mike or live who you really are." 
Sonny looks at ghost Carly. "is she part of that life?"
Sonny...picks Carly. because lmao of course. 

Nina is like this happened because I lied, boohoooo
Phyllis is like "Look girl we'll talk about your lies later."
Fire Marshal is like "Who started the fire?"
Nina: PETER AUGUST (Jax had the best face like. are you effing kidding me?)

Jax: so you knew that Peter was stalking Maxie and the baby and you didn't say anything? To keep Sonny?!  And you trusted Olbrect?! How did that work out?! " Nina is coping attitude. (me: shut up you idiot). 

Phyllis is all which man will you mourn if Sonny dies?  (she can't even really deal with Nina either right now).

Fire Marshall is all "we can't reach the barroom, every entry point is covered by flames." Me: shut up Show. Don't even tempt me. 

Jax calls Maxie. Maxie has confused pikachu face. 

Show ends with Sonny calling for Carly. 

Thus Endth the Journey
the Journey rating: ehhh kinda decentish. (if you ignore the Sonny/Jason/Carly propping)

• Love 8

Why were Mike and Sonny in fake snow? (I was trying to nap through that part)

I took a second look at Joss's dress since there was mixed reviews, but I keep my first opinion, I liked it.  Her reading was the worst, was it supposed to be some real kind of poem because it was ridiculous  ...  "go now to your dwelling place to enter your days of togetherness" 🤣

Willow's dress was too boring, everyone else looked nice.(except Carly)  Epiphany looked great so no excuse why Maxi looks so bad.

Nina and Jax's conversations as bad as Mike and Sonny.  Lots of Stupid today.

I hate that show always ignores that most people die from smoke inhalation before they burn up.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Monica, on the other hand, looked fantastic in her beautiful dress. The color was amazing on her.

The teal was perfection, and I thought the style was really good. It was appropriate without being dowdy mother-of-the-groom. Bobbie, on the other hand, didn't look that great. Her dress was too close to Maxie's disaster for me to like it.

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Willow shows up. Suddenly feeling sleepy.

At first I read this as Willow was suddenly feeling sleepy, and I had a pregnancy horror thought. Heh. And please, no, but I'm never that lucky.

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Olivia: Austin is implying something wrong with my child who does he think he is?!" Ned: "Um. a Doctor?" (haha).

It also cracked me up when Austin asked Maxie how she knew Olivia stayed out of ELQ business, and Maxie replied, "Because she usually says, 'ELQ, none of my business.'" 

The CGI smoke outside the Tan-O was UCG.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Why were Mike and Sonny in fake snow? (I was trying to nap through that part)

When Hallucination Mike saved Sonny after he fell in the river, it was winter. 83 years ago.

If you don't love Sonny and Jarly, today was pure FF. Thanks, LW. I couldn't even enjoy Jax tearing Nina  new one.

Why is Epiphany saying that Jason has always been good to her?  Didn't The Mob get her son killed?

"Jason and Carly will now light a candle to all those" they got killed through their mob activities.

Ugh Mike excusing Sonny his crimes 

Nixon Falls FD makes PCPD look like geniuses.

Shut up Olivia. Austin wanting Chase to help him doesn't even come close to how Michael and Willow manipulated him.

Nina has been all kinds of an idiot but she doesn't deserve Mike/Sonny wanting to live only for Carly's sake.

• Love 7

Ugh, Pachebel's Canon in D, AGAIN? It's only been used for every wedding ever.

Also, Jason standing at the altar all teary-eyed is too much, Show. And big mistake not to show at least someone looking skeptical/dyspeptic.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nina has been all kinds of an idiot but she doesn't deserve Mike/Sonny wanting to live only for Carly's sake.

I have no sympathy whatsoever here for Nina.

Willow and Michael, stop eye-banging during the ceremony. I guess I should be grateful they didn't have a quickie in the narthex.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Sonny's first memory of his past is him flinging barware. Never change show! Never change! 

Sonny doesn't want to remember his past or go back to that life. Carly shows up. Nina who? And STFU, Mike, and please stop with that. Sonny is not a hero. He got it right when he said he was a killer.

Meanwhile, Jax has donned a hero's cape and has been dropping truth bombs all over the place and is now calling Maxie to let her know about Peter. Nothing good comes from knowing Nina . . . or Sonny.

I read ASoIaF fanfic during the wedding ceremony and I'm not even ashamed of myself. It was leaps and bounds better than that dreck. If someone else goes up to Jason or Carly or both of them to tell them how perfect they are together, I will hop on a flight and bitchslap someone.

Bobbie's dress was terrible, her hair was bad, her skin is starting to sag which means we're in for another round of face pulling. Epiphany's dress was . . . there are no words. Truly. I'm sorry, but where the fuck do they go to try and dress women who are above a size 2. Not that they manage to do better with the itsy bitsy ones. I liked the color of Trina's dress. I thought Monica looked lovely. I thought that Carly's dress looked fine on her yesterday, but the fit was really unflattering today. I guess it's all about angles. The bouquet was nice, the flowers in the hair, not so much.

Ms. Woo's dress was actually nice from what they showed. I thought she looked more elegant than say Bobbie. Also, the seating chart. Willow next to Ms. Woo was just odd. Hey, Willow! You're sitting next to a mob boss! How do you like that you, hypocrite.

Michael waxing on about feeling Sonny with them today. No, he's not! He's quite literally ringed by fire. You know, the place he will end when he finally bites the dust.

Gladys seemed genuinely concerned about Sasha and the baby, which was so unexpected. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Smike crossed over from just not caring if he ever remembered his past to actively avoiding anything about his past.  Like, Jax made it quite obvious he know Smike and strongly implied Nina did too.  Still, Smike didn’t want to hear it.  I really hope this comes up when he finally returns to PC.  He isn’t exactly some innocent bystander in all this.

Jax has been really great lately.  Loved his “you’ve gotta be shitting me” face when he found out Nina knew not only Sonny’s whereabouts but also Peter’s.  This has turned into a pretty eventful trip for him!

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I took a second look at Joss's dress since there was mixed reviews, but I keep my first opinion, I liked it.  Her reading was the worst, was it supposed to be some real kind of poem because it was ridiculous  ...  "go now to your dwelling place to enter your days of togetherness" 🤣

I remember that reading from one of the first Days weddings I watched. Maybe Jack and Jennifer's. It's not original. 

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sonny's first memory of his past is him flinging barware. Never change show! Never change! 

Favorite part, along with Ms. Wu at the ceremony. She's my favorite guest. Jason looked constipated as usual at Carly walking down the aisle. 

The whole thing just seemed to take forever and parts were downright cringeworthy and embarrassing. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Her reading was the worst, was it supposed to be some real kind of poem because it was ridiculous  ...  "go now to your dwelling place to enter your days of togetherness"

It's a traditional Apache blessing.

• Useful 4
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Jax has been really great lately.  Loved his “you’ve gotta be shitting me” face when he found out Nina knew not only Sonny’s whereabouts but also Peter’s.  This has turned into a pretty eventful trip for him!

I hope he gloats to Alexis, since she tried to talk him out of it. This trip has done wonders for his character!

• Love 6

First of all, I agree that the Luke & Laura wedding was the best soap wedding EVER…but followed closely by Sean Donely and Elsie Mae Krumholz’s nuptials.

Second, whoever came up with the best new portmanteau for Sonny, “Sphoenix,” as he rose from the ashes of The Tan-O, is a fooking genius!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Gladys seemed genuinely concerned about Sasha and the baby, which was so unexpected. 

She was genuinely concerned about the baby—Brando pointedly said that the baby and Sasha were fine at the moment. I hate how Brando is allowing Gladys so much access to his life. So what if she's his mother? She's toxic to his relationship with Sasha. He needs to give her an ultimatum and follow through if necessary. This isn't entertaining to me.

3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Jax has been really great lately.  Loved his “you’ve gotta be shitting me” face when he found out Nina knew not only Sonny’s whereabouts but also Peter’s. This has turned into a pretty eventful trip for him!

LOL, it sure has. I wonder if he regrets coming back. I'm also loving Phyllis having no time for Nina's nonsense.

I don't mind Joss's dress, especially grading on the curve of some of the others.

• Love 5