Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

It would have been kind of surprising and cool if Phyllis blew Peter's head off.

Or to see Nina shake off all the crazy and do it herself. Could have redeemed her from the skewering she's going to get for keeping Mike going all these months.

That whole scene was just ridiculous. 

Lol surprising Jason didn't pop out of one of those storage boxes and save the day. Again.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I know time has no meaning on this show, but I'm just picturing Jax and Sonny walking around in circles outside while Nina and Phyllis are being held hostage. 

Speaking of time, an episode ago Joss was blowing a gasket as to where Carly was because they had to get ready for the wedding and today she's yakking with Trina and going to hunt down Spencer.  Also, clearly she's mini-Carly as lightning somehow evaded her when she uttered that Nik and Spencer, as father/son, "deserve each other."  The irony.

• Love 9

Well, I just finished watching and didn't FF. Guess what? It still sucked. I'm sure Avery will be calling Carly "Mommy" in no time at all. 🙄

Regarding politics and Frank not playing favorites, let's not forget that he sidelined TR after that video went out on Twitter. 

This show is trying my patience big time.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Well, I just finished watching and didn't FF. Guess what? It still sucked. I'm sure Avery will be calling Carly "Mommy" in no time at all.

Doesn't she already call her "Mommy Carly"?

I think I heard Sonny or Carly say that when they were trying to keep Ava from seeing Avery.

5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Peter has contacts in Port Charles who keep him posted on Leisl's whereabouts?!!

I think it was Victor who is palsies with Peter otherwise how would Peter know that Liesl is involved and trying to kill him?

12 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm still unclear where people are getting this idea that LW is forcing the EP and/or writers to do her bidding?  Carly is not really winning or dominating the show any more than she has been over the years.

Her boyfriend got hired. So what? Plenty of actors - hell, plenty of people in other industries - get hired based off who they know. There's no indication in FV's history that he's keeping WR/Peter solely because he doesn't want to make LW mad. The only thing FV has ever shown loyalty to is the bottom line, not to any particular actors, and not LW. Is this idea WR staying on because FV not wanting to anger LW based off of anything - rumors, interviews, etc.? And, IMO, no, WR is not the worst actor ever nor is Peter the worst character ever. Carly, Levi Dunkleman, NL's Emily, Courtney, Angel, that chick one time who was supposed to be Helena's unknown daughter, etc were all worse IMO.

Is it because she has said before she'd like to see Carly and Jason paired? Are actors not allowed to have pairings they would like and make suggestions? She didn't put a gun to their heads and make them do this SL and, she certainly didn't make them write it as crappy as they are now. Unless the assumption is LW is in the writer's room and spoon feeding them storyline ideas and making them write it. I hate the idea of Jason/Carly just on principle, but the main problem with this storyline right now is the execution not the idea of pairing Jason and Carly.

Yes, yes, and thank you. I have never understood where these conspiracy theories come from, either.

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except for Roger Howarth and Michael Easton, who have been recast how many times to play how many different characters? 

This is also not unusual in Hollywood, or real life, for that matter. Martin Scorsese casts Leonardo DiCaprio whenever he can. (Not comparing GH to a Scorsese film, BTW. Lol.) Sarah Paulson is in everything Ryan Murphy does. People hire people they like and want to work with. At my husband’s office, many of the people have worked together multiple times, at different companies. Same reason.

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, they do. 

GENERAL HOSPITAL
2018 Year-To-Date Episode Count
161 Episodes

1. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 116
2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) - 100
3. Cynthia Watros (Nina Clay) - 90
4. James Patrick Stuart (Valentin Cassadine) - 81
5. Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos) - 79

GENERAL HOSPITAL 2019 Episode Count
247 Episodes
1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 152
2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan - 145/Drew Cain Flashbacks - 3) - 146
3. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 124
4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 121
5. Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber - 119/Mrs. Cratchit - 1) - 120

GENERAL HOSPITAL
2018 Episode Count

248 Episodes

1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 161

2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) - 155

3. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 151

4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 134

5. Billy Miller (Drew Cain) - 130

GENERAL HOSPITAL

2017 Episode Count

247 Episodes

1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 169

2. Laura Wright (Carly Jacks) - 151

3. Billy Miller (Drew Cain) - 149

4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 146

5. Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber) - 113

I skipped 2020 because of the covid break. 2 things about this year for LW - she is at the top of the episode count and the difference between her and second place is larger than it is any other year. Now the year is not over yet so maybe someone will catch up to her but I doubt it.

Interesting stats. In terms of percentages, LW’s episode count held steady in 2017/18 (61%), dipped sharply in 2019 (50%), and then climbed just as sharply YTD (72%). At the same time, MB’s percentages have slowly declined from 68% > 65% > 62% >off the charts. (Is he really not even in the Top 5 this year? Surprising.) SB is slightly up and down, within a few percentage points, year after year. This year he is up 3% over 2019.

What this says to me is that all 3 leads kept a fairly consistent pace with each other up until this year. (Other than 2019, when LW lagged behind for reasons unknown.) But as MB has stepped back in a big way this year, LW’s counts increased accordingly to pick up the slack. (As did SB’s, to a lesser degree.) This is not surprising to me— like it or not, these are the show’s lead actors and I would expect the show to keep its leads front and center. If MB’s counts continue to decline, I would expect SB’s to continue to rise as well.

From a purely statistical standpoint, everything about this reads Business to me. I’m sure there’s also a financial reason that has nothing to do with coddling the leads. Maybe the supporting actors can’t go above a certain episode count without requiring more pay, but LW has no such episode limit. I don’t know, but logic says the reason is pragmatic.

• Love 3
Just now, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Bring back Casey the Alien.  I loved that story line.  Table for one?

Ha, ha.  I remember that story.  I didn't hate it as much as some, but I'm not sure I loved it.  Casey was kind of adorable in his clueless way.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This is also not unusual in Hollywood, or real life, for that matter. Martin Scorsese casts Leonardo DiCaprio whenever he can. (Not comparing GH to a Scorsese film, BTW. Lol.) Sarah Paulson is in everything Ryan Murphy does.

But those are different movies/shows. Not recasting within the same show. Anyway, I'm just pointing out that smacks of favoritism to me, and not "bottom line". I don't know what happened behind the scenes, and I only know from the stuff I read in the media thread, but Roger didn't want to play Franco anymore, and voilà! Franco is killed and here comes this annoying long lost son of Jimmy Lee.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This is also not unusual in Hollywood, or real life, for that matter. Martin Scorsese casts Leonardo DiCaprio whenever he can. (Not comparing GH to a Scorsese film, BTW. Lol.) Sarah Paulson is in everything Ryan Murphy does. People hire people they like and want to work with. At my husband’s office, many of the people have worked together multiple times, at different companies. Same reason.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But those are different movies/shows. Not recasting within the same show. Anyway, I'm just pointing out that smacks of favoritism to me, and not "bottom line". I don't know what happened behind the scenes, and I only know from the stuff I read in the media thread, but Roger didn't want to play Franco anymore, and voilà! Franco is killed and here comes this annoying long lost son of Jimmy Lee.

The the cases of Martin Scorsese & Ryan Murphey, they also created or developed the projects. General Hospital is a decades long continuing story. It isn't unusual for even good executive producers of soaps to hire actors they previously worked with on other projects. Gloria Monty hired Tony Geary because she worked with him previously. It gets problematic when it seems they are shoehorning an actor into the show, like Monty when she created Bill Eckhert. ME and RoHo are both on character #3, when this show couldn't be assed to make AJ Quartermaine a viable character.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, DanaK said:

It certainly seemed like the tearful goodbye to Jordan signified a permanent exit by the actress. But if the actress is pregnant, maybe it will be a few months for her maternity leave

It turns out, yep, the actress was really exiting. See the News topic

• Useful 3

Recasts: Sarah Brown was Original Carly, then brought back as Claudia Z 

And Tamara Braun was Carly2 and came back as Kim Nero. 

At this point, if the show is hell bent on keeping LWB around, they should kill off Peter and make him someone else. Peter is done ( IMO) he killed Franco, framed Jasus, and tried to kill Chase. I can't see Peter as viable as anything but the mustache twirling villain he is now. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

At this point, if the show is hell bent on keeping LWB around, they should kill off Peter and make him someone else. Peter is done ( IMO) he killed Franco, framed Jasus, and tried to kill Chase. I can't see Peter as viable as anything but the mustache twirling villain he is now. 

Agreed, as TR said, WR was terribly miscast as Peter. He doesn't have the nuance to play a gray character, and it's a moot point anyway, because they've decided to go OTT villain with him, and those types of characters only work in small doses, which is why they usually only show up for short arcs before "dying" again and again. Also, WR does is awful at being menacing and evil. Give him a Dr Michael Easton type role and free us from the stupidity of Peter not being dead yet.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

In which case, why didn't they just kill him the first time and then bring him back as a new character? This whole Unfrozen Peter on a rampage tear is not good.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It’s never been said that Roger didn’t want to play Franco anymore.  People just assumed that.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Recasts: Sarah Brown was Original Carly, then brought back as Claudia Z 

And Tamara Braun was Carly2 and came back as Kim Nero. 

I’d agree if I thought the character was the only problem but I see a lot of issues with his acting that I don’t think a new character will fix. Also, whose to say that the new character will resonate any better than Peter? I don’t recall Claudia being that popular and Kim definitely wasn’t well received and both actresses had huge fanbases as Carly. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

No. No. No. If they kill off Peter, then LWB should go with the character. I'm sorry to say, but WR is not a good actor at all. He's not good when he's playing happy, lovey dovey, he's not good when he thinks he's acting in some Shakespearian tragedy. He should really consider taking some acting lessons.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

No. No. No. If they kill off Peter, then LWB should go with the character. I'm sorry to say, but WR is not a good actor at all. He's not good when he's playing happy, lovey dovey, he's not good when he thinks he's acting in some Shakespearian tragedy. He should really consider taking some acting lessons.

But he went to Juilliard!

• LOL 13
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

In which case, why didn't they just kill him the first time and then bring him back as a new character? This whole Unfrozen Peter on a rampage tear is not good.

they were too busy doing RoHo's request though ironically - WB would have been a great Quatermaine over RoHo.  

As I said before, I liked WB as Wyatt on Charmed. i mean he wasn't winning any awards either but it was miles better than his performance as Peter.. I mean everyone is saying it even people in your employ, that WB is a good person, could probably show off his chops better if he was in a different role. Not everyone can be "evil person" but forcing WB to be this person, even bringing him back and making it over the top is doing him no favours. Everyone hates Peter. WB is getting all the clap back because it looks like he sucks monkey butt. this is all the show is focusing on right now, (Ontop of the boring NF storyline on all fronts) so like... yah. learn how to cut your losses. (at least before when stories were getting horrible reception - like Michael killing AJ, even though it made zero sense, Guza yanked it and rewrote it. FV and company are just doubling down). Why they are committed so hard to this, i don't know and it's so frustrating.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I disagree. I think he's good. I was just fine with Peter before they decided to go the mustache-twirling villain-route. And I've liked him in other things I've seen him in. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

It gets problematic when it seems they are shoehorning an actor into the show, like Monty when she created Bill Eckhert. ME and RoHo are both on character #3, when this show couldn't be assed to make AJ Quartermaine a viable character.

Just glad that the new roles to be portrayed are doctors.  I have done a 180 from when these two actors came to GH and now enjoy (especially compared to Sonny, Carly, and Jason) their scenes a lot more than in their previous roles. 

Maybe using a different focus group company because this show really has some solid soap stars that are able to complement and lift up others in the cast.  Whereas now, the writers have to jump through hoops to make every other character suffer due to having to lift up the violent criminals that have made the mob and not the hospital as the central focal point.

• Love 6

I think we're stuck with LWB.   They retconned dead Chloe.  Now that Peter's linked to the Cassadines, they can hand wave his crimes due to "mind control".   Anything to keep LW happy.

Someone mentioned Casey the Alien.  It's a similar situation when "Casey" left, a reporter showed up who looked just like him and became Anna's new love interest.  Except with Peter, they can just rehab the character he began with, since he hasn't committed any "serious" crime.

7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I think we're stuck with LWB.   They retconned dead Chloe.  Now that Peter's linked to the Cassadines, they can hand wave his crimes due to "mind control".   Anything to keep LW happy.

Someone mentioned Casey the Alien.  It's a similar situation when "Casey" left, a reporter showed up who looked just like him and became Anna's new love interest.  Except with Peter, they can just rehab the character he began with, since he hasn't committed any "serious" crime.

He killed Franco on-screen. I definitely don't mourn that character, but that's a pretty serious crime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I was just fine with Peter before they decided to go the mustache-twirling villain-route.

I love him now he's gone full-on mustache-twirling. IMO, the story let him down more than he let down the story. Bringing Peter back alive was a giant mistake. They should have either made it obvious he wasn't dead and was just licking his wounds somewhere or killed him for good. But of course this show can't do anything right.

• Love 6

Maybe WR might work in another type of role, but give him the chance on another show. Peter has outstayed his welcome and so IMO has the actor playing him.

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

What this says to me is that all 3 leads kept a fairly consistent pace with each other up until this year. (Other than 2019, when LW lagged behind for reasons unknown.) But as MB has stepped back in a big way this year, LW’s counts increased accordingly to pick up the slack. (As did SB’s, to a lesser degree.) This is not surprising to me— like it or not, these are the show’s lead actors and I would expect the show to keep its leads front and center. If MB’s counts continue to decline, I would expect SB’s to continue to rise as well.

They are the leads now but they weren't before and they needn't be in the future.  If MB wishes to step back, this is the perfect time to let characters other than LW and SBu take up the space. Any character that has dominated a show for 20 years has often worn out the audience's enthusiasm (look at Gibbs on NCIS or Benson on L&O:SVU) and in the case of a soap where it's not 26 hours a year but 250 it's even more true.

There is really very little storyline left to tell with Sonny, Carly and Jason as lead characters. Is Sonny going to marry Carly for the 6th time now since he was declared dead before? Is Jason going to look constipated again as Carly goes back to Sonny?  A smart show-runner would plan for the future and start prepping new leads with new stories to tell.

• Love 13

Harmony's giving Alexis a lot of shade. Good on Harmony. Alexis is being all cow like. Now they are just chatting. 

Sam and Dante flirting. KM is very energetic today.  They actually seem cute today.Now they are talking about Shiloh and Sam just deflated in energy. 

Joss is being such a hypocrite. Screaming how he is rich, and has boarding school and crap. Look up Spencer, lightning in coming. Joss is such a Mini-Carly it's pathetic. Girl, just shut your mouth and hurry and get yourself red-wedding'ed already. Joss "you have no idea what the word friendship means." oh I am sorry, who was the one who dumped Cam as a friend because he was angry at Jason because he called Jason rightfully the murdering SOB that he is? Shut up idiot. Eden Mccoy is channeling her inner LW, complete with Righteous Smug Bitch Face, 

Aww. Spencer likes Trina.  Esme shows up and is like what did i miss?.  Esme throwing much shade at Joss (#TeamEsme).  Joss is like if it's between me picking between you and Trina I pick Trina. (me: who asked you to choose?)

Jax and Mike are sparring. Jax can't believe Nina hasn't told Mike yet. Mike is channeling much Sonny. Mike is so stupid. Jax is like we have a history etc, and Mike is like YOU ARE LYING. 

Peter is waving his gun around. Nina is all,Peter is a big talker. Peter waves his gun around and says I'lll be gone, and y'all will face a different fate.  These guys are so freaking stupid. They aren't tied up.Just tackle the guy down.  Aim for his legs, and his torso.

And this is what I meant yesterday. Phyllis apparently has two cell phones on her. most people have 1. why would Peter assume she has two phones on her?  Peter is just holding the gun willy nilly. KICK HIM.  Like holy crap. 

Peter tells Phyllis Nina lied about Mike. even now Nina is like wait no don't say anything. oh my god shut up. Nina's is spewing her deluded crap. Even Phyllis is like really?  But Also Phyllis shut up because you didn't really help Smike learn anything about his truth. 

Drew + Chloe. lol, Chloe is all "can you moan?" Drew? "what?" Chloe pushes his broken ribs and Drew is like. gaaahhaaahhhaaaahhh. (I kinda laughed it was funny) they escape, but now they are caught again. they opened the door, but.... Drew doesn't go with Chloe. okay. 

Show ends with Mike like "Hey nina? Are you here in the fire?!"

Journey today: mostly crap 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

The Sam/Dante scenes came off like pointless filler. Like the actors had to be on today so let’s give them something to do. I get why they might want to throw in some lighthearted scenes in the middle of all of the angst but it never works for me when you’re using characters who should be doing or reacting to other things. Cringe flirting and playing softball when Jordan was just seriously injured and Drew is being held hostage makes them look callous. I think when they do these types of scenes, at least pick characters who wouldn’t have any bigger worries or pressing concerns. Another thing is that they still feel flat as a pairing. 

I had zero expectations for CM in this role because I hated Ryan but he’s surprised me because I’ve enjoyed him so far. However, was Chloe as his co-hostage always the plan or was she a replacement in this story for Hayden because they couldn’t get RBu back? I liked her today but just seems random. 

Joss is insufferable. Not sure why the writers don’t see that her judging Spencer for being rich and entitled is a self-own and can she bring her smugness down a notch? Spencer and Esme a mess and I still rooted for them over her. She feels really shoehorned into this story. Not sure why we see her getting mad on Trina’s behalf rather than letting Trina voice her POV. 

I know people are rooting for Jax but I don’t get the point of him being there vaguely hinting at things and trying to convince Nina to tell the truth when he can easily just call Carly or Jason and tell them what’s going on. They’re stretching this out because he won’t say anything but they don’t have anything else for him to do. 

Peter is a cartoon villain. Guessing Mike saves the day and somehow gets his Sonny memories in the process just in time for the wedding?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

They are the leads now but they weren't before and they needn't be in the future.  If MB wishes to step back, this is the perfect time to let characters other than LW and SBu take up the space. Any character that has dominated a show for 20 years has often worn out the audience's enthusiasm (look at Gibbs on NCIS or Benson on L&O:SVU) and in the case of a soap where it's not 26 hours a year but 250 it's even more true.

I couldn't agree more! I still watch L&O: SVU but Benson gets on my nerves. At one point, every episode was revolving around her, and unlike Cragen, she would personally investigate all the cases. ARGH!!!! I was desperate for them to showcase the other characters already. 

I also agree that there is not much more story to tell w/CarSaSon. If the show had developed Michael, hadn't killed off Morgan, and hadn't decimated the Qs, the younger generation could have become more important to the storytelling, etc. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 9

I will give Joss this, she will always have Trina's back. Something Carly can never do: have a genuine connection and friendship with another female. 

All Peter needs is a mustache to twirl to complete his true form as a over the top carny "tie woman to train tracks" villain.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I love him now he's gone full-on mustache-twirling. IMO, the story let him down more than he let down the story. Bringing Peter back alive was a giant mistake. They should have either made it obvious he wasn't dead and was just licking his wounds somewhere or killed him for good. But of course this show can't do anything right.

I agree. I've been enjoying the actor's take since he came back from the dead. They probably should have just kept him dead, but since the writing isn't helping him - and he's going to get hate anyway - he might as well have some fun with it. I've been enjoying him needling "Mike" (I love the way he mockingly says it) and Nina.

But I did like the character before. I think they tried to course correct by having Peter become somewhat of a goody-goody, but I liked the character and his relationship with Maxie, but once they veered off completely in the opposite direction and had him attempt to basically kill anyone who looked at him cross-eyed, my enjoyment of the character waned.

42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Any character that has dominated a show for 20 years has often worn out the audience's enthusiasm (look at Gibbs on NCIS or Benson on L&O:SVU) and in the case of a soap where it's not 26 hours a year but 250 it's even more true.

That's news to me about Benson on SVU - still like her. As for this show, like it or not (and I'm one of the ones that don't) Sonny, Carly, and Jason are popular characters. It's probably because they've driven away a lot of the other viewers and now the bulk that remain love the mob. I would love for the show to chuck those characters, but they don't even have to do that to make the show more enjoyable IMO. Just put them on less. And, more importantly, stop having other characters genuflect before them and give other characters some wins. I think RC actually started to do that when he began and I don't know why that stopped.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Nice conversation between Alexis and Harmony. Something that the show has been dong well lately is friendships, especially female friendships.  Portia/Jordan, Maxie/Brook Lynn, even Nina with Ava and Anna scheming with Obrecht.

"You stay the hell away from Nina."   Mike = Sonny. As soon as someone doesn't genuflect to him right away, the entitlement and bullying come right back.

How stupid is Nina? (rhetorical question) When Peter has her tied up and is promising to murder her and Phyllis, it's not the time to taunt him with how ineffectual he is.

For a while I though that Peter was going to monologue us all to death?

While I'm glad that someone is giving Spencer truth tea, it's hypocrisy from Joss to talk about how rich  he keeps getting a free ride because he's rich.

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Eden Mccoy is channeling her inner LW, complete with Righteous Smug Bitch Face, 

It's understandable though because she great up playing LW Carly's daughter. Probably learned a lot of acting bits from LW.

Esme makes Lady Macbeth look like an amateur.

Drew got the better deal if he gets Nurse Chloe and Dante is stuck with Sam.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

I will give Joss this, she will always have Trina's back. Something Carly can never do: have a genuine connection and friendship with another female. 

this is true. i do like that. (though, I wonder if trina gets all "yah Jason sucks" how long that will last). 

12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I also agree that there is not much more story to tell w/CarSaSon. If the show had developed Michael, hadn't killed off Morgan, and hadn't decimated the Qs, the younger generation could have become more important to the storytelling, etc. 

the thing is  - we're seeing it with Kristina/Molly/Joss anyway. They'll be fine with the mob. i don't get how everyone who spawns from their loins are okay with this. 

53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

(look at Gibbs on NCIS or Benson on L&O:SVU) and in the case of a soap where it's not 26 hours a year but 250 it's even more true.

i know Grissom/Catherine on CSI kinda wore people out near the end too.  I honestly don't like Benson (anymore) 

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

It's understandable though because she great up playing LW Carly's daughter. Probably learned a lot of acting bits from LW.

oh for sure (and it hit me i missed some stuff) i just meant. this was VERY much baby Carly right there. lol (It would have been nice to see Spencer channel Baby Nik and just be out of my face. 

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"You stay the hell away from Nina."   Mike = Sonny. As soon as someone doesn't genuflect to him right away, the entitlement and bullying come right back.

it made me laugh because MB on his thing with LW was all "Oh I hate Sonny. I don't like playing him; he's all dark, and whatever." and i am like... do you think Mike is different tho?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Oh, Nina. You great nounoune. Still sticking to your story about how Mike and Sonny are not the same. Your story isn't going to protect you from being judged, scorned, hated. It won't protect you from Carly's wrath. You forced her to marry the guy she's been wanting to be with for the past 20-something years!

CM does crazy eyes a bit too much for my taste. I don't think he's doing badly, but he needs to tone down the eye "emoting."

What are the odds that Victor will turn out to be Valentin's father? Good or bad? 

I thought today's scenes with Sam and Dante were the more relaxed I've seen both actors. But the flirting just seemed out of place. First, it doesn't even seem like Sam has been informed of what happened to Jordan and how she and Portia almost died or that the man they went looking for was dead. And second, I don't know, if I had received a call from the father of my child with whom I was in good terms at the time of his death was out there somewhere, being held against his will after believing that he was dead for a couple of years, I'm not sure I could go and flirt with the guy, all the while wearing a shirt of the company said ex founded. The writers don't know how to pick and choose their moments.

Joss sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. She's got her best friend's back, which is great, but it's not your battle to fight, Joss. So now, Joss is like Carly, she has to be shoved into storylines and take over them.

Alexis needs to stop being so judgmental of Harmony's "taste" in men. Seriously, Alexis. Let's run down the list of men you've been in relationships with, had children with, how you defended mobsters, killed one mobster and so on and so forth. At least Harmony is owning what she did and trying to change. 

All in all, not a bad episode. 

• Love 8

Uh oh. I kind of get a kick out of WR playing Peter. It feels like he is in on the joke by over playing the character.

Harmony needs those eyebrows tamped down a bit. Maybe the sanotarium beautician that does Alexis' French manicure can thin then out a bit.lol.

It will be interesting to see if it is "explained" as to how Peter got unfrozen.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why Jax doesn't tell Mike what's up. Nina certainly won't.

well to be fair, right now she is kinda tied up and burning. she didn't get a chance lol

but i mean theoretically from Jax's POV time has passed so it would have been "Geeze, nina, okay boom. you're sonny."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why Jax doesn't tell Mike what's up. Nina certainly won't.

Because Nina made him pwomise* not to say anything. She would tell him, in her "own way**", which of course won't happen.

*not a typo

**So NOT the same, but the scene popped up in my head! See Below at the roughly 1:18 mark:

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Sam and Dante are super cringe to me. 

I just don't understand why baseball has to be their thing. I mean, I know Dante's a huge Yankees fan and baseball lover. That's part of who he is, it's an established trait of his character. Sam? I don't even know what her main trait is these days. Absentee mother? Lousy PI? I just don't see them bonding over a love of America's national pastime. Bad writing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Phyllis apparently has two cell phones on her. most people have 1. why would Peter assume she has two phones on her? 

It was in her back pocket, you could see the outline when she turned around.  

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

but.... Drew doesn't go with Chloe. okay. 

Yeah, what's up with that??  "Go to the American consulte.....", You go with her you stupid ninny.  

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Cringe flirting and playing softball when Jordan was just seriously injured

This is all the same day, the day of the wedding, possibly even overlapping in time (ie what we saw yesterday with Curtis/Portia/Jordan was happening at the same time as today's stuff).  So it's possible that news of Jordan's accident hasn't filtered down to everyone yet.  

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I don't like playing him; he's all dark, and whatever." and i am like... do you think Mike is different tho?

Well, he wears plaid shirts and his hair is grey.  That's different, isn't it?!

52 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dante

Him getting cleaned up and showing up at the prison in the suit was  RORRWR!!  

• Love 6
Just now, perkie1968 said:

It was in her back pocket, you could see the outline when she turned around.  

that would be the one I would give up. but she gave up the one she snuck into her blouse arm first. 

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Yeah, what's up with that??  "Go to the American consulte.....", You go with her you stupid ninny.  

right? like the car was right there? why not ... get into the car? LOL

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

So it's possible that news of Jordan's accident hasn't filtered down to everyone yet

that's how i saw it. and this is the worlds longest day. ever

2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Him getting cleaned up and showing up at the prison in the suit was  RORRWR!!  

very

(also. lol i guess so. ;) in regards to mike)

4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I just don't see them bonding over a love of America's national pastime.

They're bonding over single parenthood.  Though, he's a single parent because someone blew up a bomb meant for her ex husband beside his ex wife.  And she's a single parent because her ex husband is a morally bankrupt idiot mob lackey

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

this is the worlds longest day. ever

I think the black and white ball where Emily dies is the officially the longest.  I'm pretty sure it lasted something like 22 days (not including the weekends).  But yeah, this one is non sensically long. 

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but she gave up the one she snuck into her blouse arm first. 

Yeah that was stupid.  But so was going to get the rope without flagging someone down or finding a land line somewhere.  Is this bar in the middle of nowhere?  Is that why there were never any customers?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

They're bonding over single parenthood. 

Then lose the stupid baseball crap.

5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Personally, Peter deserved a parade for killing Franco.

I can't judge. I thought Ava deserved a medal for killing Connie.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2