Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think the black and white ball where Emily dies is the officially the longest.  I'm pretty sure it lasted something like 22 days (not including the weekends).  But yeah, this one is non sensically long. 

Yeah that was stupid.  But so was going to get the rope without flagging someone down or finding a land line somewhere.  Is this bar in the middle of nowhere?  Is that why there were never any customers?  

well they always yell at people saying that they are closed so maybe people just stopped coming. 

at least with the White and Black ball, lots of crazycrap was going down. this is just torture. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Ugh. These Sam and Dante baseball scenes are so stupid and unnecessary. And forced. Ugh.

52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The Sam/Dante "flirting" was painful, as always.

Someone should explain to LW that sometimes people FF so they don't have to suffer secondhand embarrassment in their own homes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

well they always yell at people saying that they are closed so maybe people just stopped coming. 

LOL!!

"We don't serve food and also we're closed............wait, where is everyone?"   Ah hell, let's just renovate the place than the non people will have something new to look at when they don't come.  

also, did anyone else notice that "the contractor" dropped off some renovation supplies, last week,, allegedly brand new,  but the paint cans already had paint dripping down the sides.  Mmmm, used paint, my favourite.  

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

they were too busy doing RoHo's request though ironically - WB would have been a great Quatermaine over RoHo. 

What request?  Can you link to where Roger Howarth requested that he didn’t want to play Franco anymore?  Did he say that in an interview somewhere?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

What request?  Can you link to where Roger Howarth requested that he didn’t want to play Franco anymore?  Did he say that in an interview somewhere?

that's what I've read from here. so if I'm wrong then I stand corrected. most people have said that he didn't want to do it that's why the switch. 

5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Didn't she have *Sonny's phone that he left on the bench?

she did. but again the question is more howdoes Peter know that? We see the phone in her back pocket. but we don't see the phone in her sleeve. but it was just. "dump ALL YOUR PHONES, PHYLLISSSSSSSSSS"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The guards stopped Drew and Chloe before they even got out of the door and long before they had a chance to run to wherever the cars are. Drew didn't go with Chloe to give her a chance to get away. He told her that for some reason, the Big Boss doesn't want him dead so he will survive. That's not true for her.

I hope Chloe sticks around. It's General Hospital after all.

2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

That's news to me about Benson on SVU - still like her.

I still like her too but in terms of telling her story, it's pretty much played out after being the lead character all these years.  Meanwhile I don't know much about the others.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

What are the odds that Victor will turn out to be Valentin's father? Good or bad?

I like it. It would be nicely soapy and take Nik down a peg or ten.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Esme actress is very good! I do like seeing her and Joss match bitchiness.

I thought the young crowd was good soap today and am intrigued on what game Esme is playing on Spence.  It is much better then the so called adults - Sam and Dante - playing flirty, barf!! as others have said, but yes YES! to dressed up Dante. When Drew comes back he can have Sam and Dante can have the action nurse!!

• Love 6

I know Jax said he would give Nina time to tell Sonny, but his cryptic way of speaking is annoying. I hate this soap trope and just wish it would go away. The way Peter just blurted out the truth  to Phyllis made me wish Sonny had been at the Tan-O so he could have heard it too. They have Jax hemming and hawing and NO ONE would act this way in real life. 

I hate Josslyn and wish Trina had been allowed to stand up for herself. Yes, it's good that Josslyn is sticking up for her friend, but as it goes w/certain members of the Corinthos clan, they are always butting in and stealing shine from someone else. Carly told off Brad and Nelle while Michael just stood there, and now Josslyn is telling off Spencer for Trina. If it had been Cameron, I wouldn't be so concerned, but Josslyn is another story. Is Trina supposed to be so nice that she can't tell off Spencer herself?!?! What's that about?!?! Give the girl a voice already! 

And if Spencer likes Trina, why is he leading on Esme? They need to give us more w/those two already so we can get the dynamic, etc. Granted, I skipped a couple of weeks after the lackluster Millowtonin/Chase conclusion so maybe I missed something w/Esme & Spencer. Is she using him? Do they love each other? 

Phyllis was an idiot to give up the phone in her sleeve, and I guess we have to assume there are no other phones in that establishment or back doors. There's no way I would have returned if there was a back door! LOL! 

I'm still liking Drew. I wish Sam showed some actual interest in tracking him down. Yes, I know she's trying but she's not putting in a lot of effort. She's seems completely unbothered. If this were Jason, it would be non-stop "we must save Jason." 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Jax thinking he and Sonny fight over women is still a bit of a stretch. All of the women that they’ve had in common sadly preferred Sonny. 

I don't think it's that much of a stretch. Jax/Brenda/Sonny was a pretty popular triangle for a long time and at one point Brenda did pick him over Sonny.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Alexis needs to stop being so judgmental of Harmony's "taste" in men. Seriously, Alexis. Let's run down the list of men you've been in relationships with, had children with, how you defended mobsters, killed one mobster and so on and so forth. At least Harmony is owning what she did and trying to change. 

Way before the episode was even over, Alexis admitted the hypocrisy and that she couldn't throw stones. And Alexis is pretty much voluntarily in jail because she's trying to make some changes and owned up to what she did.

42 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Then lose the stupid baseball crap.

I don't think it's that stupid, at least it's not the same old, same old with this show. Like you said, Dante is already an admitted baseball lover and there's nothing saying Sam couldn't like it, too. I thought their flirting scenes today were pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

she did. but again the question is more howdoes Peter know that? We see the phone in her back pocket. but we don't see the phone in her sleeve. but it was just. "dump ALL YOUR PHONES, PHYLLISSSSSSSSSS"

I think yesterday before she attempted to get the gun, she mentioned coming back because Smike had left his phone and she came back to drop it off.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Way before the episode was even over, Alexis admitted the hypocrisy and that she couldn't throw stones. And Alexis is pretty much voluntarily in jail because she's trying to make some changes and owned up to what she did.

This isn't the first time she's snarked at Harmony about this. Saying you're a hypocrite doesn't make it acceptable.

• Love 5

I think yesterday before she attempted to get the gun, she mentioned coming back because Smike had left his phone and she came back to drop it off.

True - but that could have been the phone in her back pocket. I know this is 2021 and almost everyone has cells (I don't have a phone but this makes me 1 out of like a zillion haha). i know it's soap and all, but it's just with him just KNOWING that Phyllis was gonna get a gun, and then just KNOWING there was a 2nd phone (but again to be fair she gave the non visible one first, leaving the visible one to be like duh." it's like ca'mon)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She did. Doesn't make her less annoying. She did the same thing the previous episode too. She showed Harmony some understanding, then went right back to the judgier than thou attitude before she again conceded that she was being a hypocrite. I'd say that I would like for the writers to be better, but I know better than to expect coherence from one episode to the other.

Question: Is it me or does Drew seem like he remembers his past?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This isn't the first time she's snarked at Harmony about this. Saying you're a hypocrite doesn't make it acceptable.

1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

She did. Doesn't make her less annoying. She did the same thing the previous episode too. She showed Harmony some understanding, then went right back to the judgier than thou attitude before she again conceded that she was being a hypocrite. I'd say that I would like for the writers to be better, but I know better than to expect coherence from one episode to the other.

Question: Is it me or does Drew seem like he remembers his past?

I don't remember her admitting she was a hypocrite last time. I get that Harmony is trying to be a better person and owned up to what she's done, but this is still a woman who set up TWO of Alexis's daughters to be raped. I think she should be able to handle a little snark.

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

True - but that could have been the phone in her back pocket. I know this is 2021 and almost everyone has cells (I don't have a phone but this makes me 1 out of like a zillion haha). i know it's soap and all, but it's just with him just KNOWING that Phyllis was gonna get a gun, and then just KNOWING there was a 2nd phone (but again to be fair she gave the non visible one first, leaving the visible one to be like duh." it's like ca'mon)

I don't think it makes Peter clairvoyant to assume she had two cellphones considering he knew she also had Mike's phone. 

• Love 2

I don't think it makes Peter clairvoyant to assume she had two cellphones considering he knew she also had Mike's phone. 

right. also. but that's assuming she has one of her own or that she had hers  I guess that's my point. i don't assume everyone has a phone (or assume everyone carries it with them if they do have one. My mom doesn't take hers with her all the time for example.). I would have just assumed 1. Mike's 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, lala2 said:

And if Spencer likes Trina, why is he leading on Esme? They need to give us more w/those two already so we can get the dynamic, etc. Granted, I skipped a couple of weeks after the lackluster Millowtonin/Chase conclusion so maybe I missed something w/Esme & Spencer. Is she using him? Do they love each other? 

Seems to me that Spencer has got in over his head with Esme and she is manipulating him for her own agenda, which we don't know yet. Trina will have to rescue Spencer, at least I hope it will Trina and not Joss. Joss is definitely suspicious, but I hope this gets to be Trina"s story.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Do the writers think it's cute and clever to have Joss be SUCH a mini-Carly?  Because it's really obnoxious. 

CM is doing a good job of using the same dry delivery Billy Miller used to have playing Drew.  I just need this story to move a little faster.  I mean, I realize that might take precious minutes away from the Perils of Mike/Carly/Jason, but I think they could spare a few.

No EFF EFF'ing today.  Watched live.  What a journey that was, she said, and not in a positive way.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

I enjoyed Alexis' and Harm's chat a lot, hope they are bonding some more soon.

And I enjoyed Joss not giving Assme the time of day. Sb needs to put that lil psycho in her place.

So will Phyllis burn to a tano crisp or fall into a coma so she can't tell Yike about his true identity?

Will Whocas attend his sister's wedding?

And will Heather ever find out / react to that her son has been killed months ago??

Edited by IDFfm0870
a wedding is a wedding not an edding
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

40 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I thought the young crowd was good soap today and am intrigued on what game Esme is playing on Spence. 

My guess is that she wants his money, she's working so hard to drive Ava off and reconcile Spencer with Nik.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Do the writers think it's cute and clever to have Joss be SUCH a mini-Carly?  Because it's really obnoxious. 

a lot of people were like yaahh Joss!!. my whole thing is while i'm glad she was defending her friend, Trina is a big girl. Usually when i want to back up my friend verbally, I ask her (or him) if they need me as back up. Trina didn't need Joss to be all in Spencer's face on her behalf. Trina can speak for herself.  And on top of all of that the sheer hypocritical crap spewing out of mouth. guh. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

right. also. but that's assuming she has one of her own or that she had hers  I guess that's my point. i don't assume everyone has a phone (or assume everyone carries it with them if they do have one. My mom doesn't take hers with her all the time for example.). I would have just assumed 1. Mike's 

I guess I'm the opposite then. Given how prevalent they are, I would assume someone has their phone on them. The only time that wouldn't be my thought is if they were just lounging around at home, which Phyllis wasn't doing.

13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Trina didn't need Joss to be all in Spencer's face on her behalf. Trina can speak for herself.  And on top of all of that the sheer hypocritical crap spewing out of mouth. guh. 

Not to mention, withholding HER friendship as a means to get SpenceR to make it up to Trina.  Because everyone knows Joss not being your friend is a fate worse than death.

• LOL 13

I enjoyed Peter needling Nina today. Still, what an idiotic Bond-esque villain move on his part. "I gotta leave here in a hurry, but let me stay here and mock you for your poor life choices." Multi-task, Peter - mock and spread the gasoline at the same time. Or, better yet, you have two guns - use them to make sure they actually die. What if a customer came around? LOL, okay, Tan-O customers don't exist. But did he not think "Mike" might not come around any time soon?

At first, I thought it was stupid Phyllis didn't do more or grab a weapon, but Peter did give her only two minutes and was making like he was going to shoot Nina right before she got back.

Joss really did sound just like LW/Carly at times. She should have burst into flames lecturing anyone who about being a true friend.

Still really loving CM's Drew. I think he didn't go with her because he figured she would have a better shot alone and her life was more in danger if they got caught.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Not to mention, withholding HER friendship as a means to get SpenceR to make it up to Trina.  Because everyone knows Joss not being your friend is a fate worse than death.

Josslyn was rude and snarky to Spencer the moment he showed up to town and wanted him away from Trina. Way before she knew about all of this. I don’t buy that she’s interested in being his friend so the choosing between Spencer and Trina comment was odd. Even if she did, her friendships tend to be very conditional on her friends agreeing with her 100% of the time. Look at how she treated Cameron and how easily she was going to dump him as a friend until Jason had to tell her not to. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Josslyn was rude and snarky to Spencer the moment he showed up to town and wanted him away from Trina. Way before she knew about all of this. I don’t buy that she’s interested in being his friend so the choosing between Spencer and Trina comment was odd. Even if she did, her friendships tend to be very conditional on her friends agreeing with her 100% of the time. Look at how she treated Cameron and how easily she was going to dump him as a friend until Jason had to tell her not to. 

Right?  Like i said. both Cam and Trina should have looked long and hard how Joss treated her best friend since childhood when the scales came off his eyes and saw Jason for the murdering scumbucket that he is. to me it didn't matter that he was innocent in killing Franco - sure apologise for that. but the fact they are both still friends (and Now Cam is dating someone who treated him like crap) is like, ohh okay. sure. 

And she does gives off this vibe like she has no time for spencer period, so like... To me it's seems it's gona boil down to Spencer/trina get together and Joss will have issues w/this and make Trina choose. 

• Love 6

it would serve us all right if Sonny remembers but decides that it's not Nina's fault that he refused to find his family.  Then they can be together while Carly and Michael rage and Jason frowns constipatedly in the corner.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

I hate Josslyn and wish Trina had been allowed to stand up for herself. Yes, it's good that Josslyn is sticking up for her friend, but as it goes w/certain members of the Corinthos clan, they are always butting in and stealing shine from someone else. Carly told off Brad and Nelle while Michael just stood there, and now Josslyn is telling off Spencer for Trina. If it had been Cameron, I wouldn't be so concerned, but Josslyn is another story. Is Trina supposed to be so nice that she can't tell off Spencer herself?!?! What's that about?!?! Give the girl a voice already! 

I really loved Joss today.  I’m sure Trina will stick up for herself at some point (beyond her “you’re not handsome” to Spencer  which we all know she didn’t mean) but she’s too emotionally invested at this point, too vulnerable to truly out Spencer and take on Esme. I don’t care much for Josslyn (though I think Eden actually a very talented and natural actress) but her being a good friend for Trina who is beating herself up over this? I’m on board. 

So far the only time Esme has seemed remotely turned on by Spencer is when she got a glimpse of him getting all Cassadine with Valentin. They haven’t shown them to be physical or into each other as more than plotting buddies. 

Edited by racked
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I'm hoping against hope that something heavy falls on Sonny's head at the fire and wakes up remembering who he is....

...but discovers he still has feelings for Nina (because: soap opera).

finally kills him.

I thought I'd make some necessary and relevant editing.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Joss is insufferable. Not sure why the writers don’t see that her judging Spencer for being rich and entitled is a self-own and can she bring her smugness down a notch? Spencer and Esme a mess and I still rooted for them over her. She feels really shoehorned into this story.

Because she’s a mini-Carly and gets put in all storylines just like her mother. 

I am worried this is setting up a Joss/Spencer enemies to lovers storyline. They better not or I’ll be pissed. I hope I’m wrong but no one can win against Joss or her family as we know. They already ditched Cam/Trina for Joss/Cam so it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they see the audience prefers Trina/Spencer to Joss/Cam and change things up so Joss comes out on top.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 4

I am one of the few people here who like the Peter character.  Have to admit today was such a guilty pleasure for me watching him in action.  Taking Nina's head off in front of Phyllis today had me clapping in my chair.  Finally someone mentioned the name "Sonny Corinthos" in front of a Nixon Falls resident!

My eyes rolled once again seeing Nina trying to justify her actions in front of Phyllis.  At the end of the day, it will be interesting to see how the show will try to salvage the Nina Reeves character, as her name will be mud in Port Charles.  Can't see anyone showing sympathy towards her.  Maybe Valentine?

• Love 2

I found today's show difficult.  Maybe it's me but the scenes depicting a man burning two women alive was too much.  I am sickened they did that.  I realize they will be saved, but so what.  I don't want to watch this kind of shit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
57 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

I am one of the few people here who like the Peter character.  Have to admit today was such a guilty pleasure for me watching him in action.  Taking Nina's head off in front of Phyllis today had me clapping in my chair.  Finally someone mentioned the name "Sonny Corinthos" in front of a Nixon Falls resident!

My eyes rolled once again seeing Nina trying to justify her actions in front of Phyllis.  At the end of the day, it will be interesting to see how the show will try to salvage the Nina Reeves character, as her name will be mud in Port Charles.  Can't see anyone showing sympathy towards her.  Maybe Valentine?

I agree about Peter and I enjoyed today's scenes.

I think a lot of people might be able to forgive her. Lots of people in that town have done way worse than what she's done with Sonny. I would say that maybe it's different because she hurt the "good" mob, but the last time she did something this awful - cutting Avery out of Ava - she also hurt the Corinthos family since she kidnapped Sonny's kid.

Valentin will definitely forgive her. I think Obrecht and Britt will as well. Given her history, I would say Maxie probably will. She considers Nina family. She might get pissed that Nina knew Peter was alive, but Nina was plotting with Obrecht to kill Peter, so she might be able to forgive that. Sasha is iffy. She probably still feels guilty over what she did to Nina, but she's friends with Michael and dating Sonny's cousin. I'm also unsure about Ava. I think Ava might be grateful that Nina keeping Sonny away allowed Ava to get custody of Avery, but she might be upset that Nina's actions caused Avery to mourn her father.

• Love 2
On 9/12/2021 at 8:54 PM, Lugal said:
On 9/12/2021 at 1:06 AM, ByaNose said:

When is the wedding day? Right now, it’s September 12th

When they get the ring:

image.png.b2325fe17ba780371f39c16c357f1f6f.png

And to quote one of my faves, Mr. Johnny Cash: "and it burns, burns, burn, the Ring of Fire...The Ring of Fire." It'll go well with Jason's Box 'O Pain methinks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jax should have said Brenda's name. If they write Sonny right, it would jog something.

At this point Jax owes Nina nothing after what she's done. Just say "you have a wife and children who think you're dead."

One good Peter did was outing the lie to Phyllis. Now she knows Mike is Sonny. I wonder if a beam falls on his head and memories return. Lol

Joss grew up with 2 rich parents and mansions herself. Who is she to judge Spencer? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, lala2 said:

I couldn't agree more! I still watch L&O: SVU but Benson gets on my nerves. At one point, every episode was revolving around her, and unlike Cragen, she would personally investigate all the cases. ARGH!!!! I was desperate for them to showcase the other characters already. 

I also agree that there is not much more story to tell w/CarSaSon. If the show had developed Michael, hadn't killed off Morgan, and hadn't decimated the Qs, the younger generation could have become more important to the storytelling, etc. 

A bit off topic, but one thing I liked about the L&O mothership was the rotation of the main cast. It was unintentional, but it kept one actor from dominating storylines in part because an actor didn't have too much seniority over the rest of the cast. GH used to be pretty good about this, but in the aughts it became the Sonny & Jason show.

• Love 7

3 hours ago, racked said:

So far the only time Esme has seemed remotely turned on by Spencer is when she got a glimpse of him getting all Cassadine with Valentin. They haven’t shown them to be physical or into each other as more than plotting buddies. 

Regardless of how they become co-conspirators, I've been wondering if he's too afraid of her to break up with her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Joss grew up with 2 rich parents and mansions herself. Who is she to judge Spencer? 

3 rich parents. Sonny and Carly (Sonny has enough money to donate hospital wings) and Jax when she's on vacation. Unlike Trina and Cameron, she doesn't have or need a part time job to pay for college.

3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Because she’s a mini-Carly and gets put in all storylines just like her mother.
I am worried this is setting up a Joss/Spencer enemies to lovers storyline.

If the characters remain on the show, they will get there eventually. It's all a merry-go-round.

I think that they will play out Spencer/Trina first before they get to that though. I find it super annoying that Joss is one to tell Spencer off, Trina is quite capable of doing that herself.

• Love 3
On 9/13/2021 at 5:51 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

The only issue I had with that was her saying "FFing." What is that? Just say fast forward. Otherwise, she has a point. I find it hilarious the number of times I've seen people complain about certain storylines and then admit they don't even watch the scenes they're talking about. 

That "FF" was driving me nuts too...especially ironic to be doing a needless time-saver given the conversation. But I do have a fellow feeling with her about needing to fast forward through stressful scenes. My personal hell is when people break in and search someone else's office or home and the person is returning. It's such a trope, but it still stresses me out.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I hate Peter and the actor doesn’t wow me at all, but I did chuckle when he said Sonny had a beautiful wife at home. 

I can't believe after all of the grousing we do about "LWB"  -- but I didn't make the connection until you just said that. But it reminds me of when Brit was visiting Carly's house and commented on how handsome a photo of Morgan was.

3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I found today's show difficult.  Maybe it's me but the scenes depicting a man burning two women alive was too much.  I am sickened they did that.  I realize they will be saved, but so what.  I don't want to watch this kind of shit. 

Yes, the women did a good job of sounding more horrified each time he spilled out more gas, so it was getting upsetting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Part of me feels sorry for Harmony that her main motivation behind trying to help Alexis is that she’s lonely and just wants a friend. Yeah it’s her own doing and no, I don’t consider Willow or Wiley a prize but she and Alexis aren’t in the same situation despite what she alluded to.

Alexis might be bored in between visits but it’s only because she’s locked up. From what we’ve seen, she hasn’t alienated her friends and family and she’ll have plenty of people there for her when she’s released. Harmony has been out of jail for well over a year and has been pretty much on her own since they retconned her and Willow repairing their relationship. It’s an especially sad state when you add in her history with cults. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

I think the writers are trying to say that Joss was brought up right, even with all the money. Her parents set boundaries for her, which was not the case for Spencer. 

Spencer is a little shit and Joss is a brat, but she was never written as looking down on those with less than her. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, CeChase said:

Yeah, I was a little ticked abut the timing of a plane hijacking last week. And Scotty as a Falling Man. Maybe it's all the 20th Anniversary stuff I've been watching. Nice timing, Frank. Eyeroll. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, CeChase said:

Agreed. The whole thing went on for too long, and was just awful to watch. The details of timing Phyllis to get duct tape and rope. Having him explain that Phyllis would tie up Nina and then he'd tie her up. It was just bizarrely detailed, like they spent way too much time plotting it in the writer's room. And also Peter reminding Phyllis that he already had her gun, as if it were impossible that they'd have more than one. I was praying she'd come back with a shotgun, not that she'd actually get to use it. Anyway, can it be Friday so we can be done with this nonsense?

• Love 9
16 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I get that Harmony is trying to be a better person and owned up to what she's done, but this is still a woman who set up TWO of Alexis's daughters to be raped. I think she should be able to handle a little snark.

She is handling the snark, IMO. Harmony always admits what she did was wrong, makes no excuses for it, went to jail, and she's now trying to make up for the past.

It's getting a bit old to hear Alexis, of all people, tell Harmony she has bad taste in men. How about focusing on the fact that Harmony helped Shiloh target vulnerable women? That's a much stronger point.

14 hours ago, ouinason said:

it would serve us all right if Sonny remembers but decides that it's not Nina's fault that he refused to find his family. 

This would be the soapiest result, so of course the show won't go there.

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

One good Peter did was outing the lie to Phyllis. Now she knows Mike is Sonny.

Sort of; Phyllis knows that Nina has always known Mike's true identity. I'm not sure the name Sonny Corinthos means anything to her otherwise. (I know, he's the biggest, baddest mob boss on the Eastern Seaboard. Don't @ me.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sort of; Phyllis knows that Nina has always known Mike's true identity. I'm not sure the name Sonny Corinthos means anything to her otherwise. (I know, he's the biggest, baddest mob boss on the Eastern Seaboard. Don't @ me.)

I agree. I think the damning part of the reveal was that Nina knew Mike's wife and kids. Declaring that Mike's Sonny Corinthos shouldn't mean anything to Phyllis, except it's a name she can now google to see that the pictures match, and that he's a big bad gummy bear dealer.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I can't judge. I thought Ava deserved a medal for killing Connie.

I hated when they had Ava killed Connie and basically had her family let it go. Connie, at least when she was Kate, was a much better character than Ava and Megan Ward was the better actress.  FV & RC wrecked her character (after a rather poor recast that was JFP's doing) and instead of leaving for Paris for her mental health, they killed her off for what it turns out, no good reason. 

• Love 4