Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I zipped through last week's episodes only to watch Jax's reaction and truth telling about Mooby, and boy howdy! I heard his "can't" pronounced not with his Aussie accent, but more of an English one. And I forced myself to watch Mooby, and I can't tell the difference between Mike and his sorry Mooby ass. They're the same person.

And why Show is acting as if Nina never knew Mooby or...wait. I keep forgetting they keep retconning as they're "writing" this shit.

I'm no expert, but I do have a nephew who is on the spectrum, and we knew almost immediately; suddenly having Leo maybe be on the spectrum, when the few times I saw him onscreen, there was nothing to indicated that he might be, just comes off as the morons trying to think of some social issue/illness to throw in that will go nowhere.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm no expert, but I do have a nephew who is on the spectrum, and we knew almost immediately; suddenly having Leo maybe be on the spectrum, when the few times I saw him onscreen, there was nothing to indicated that he might be, just comes off as the morons trying to think of some social issue/illness to throw in that will go nowhere.

Yes. They begin screening at 15 or 18 months old. My nephew was monitored and officially diagnosed by 3 or 4. The Quartermaine's are wealthy with easy access to medical care and early intervention. It's very difficult to believe that they're just making this diagnosis now.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Yes. They begin screening at 15 or 18 months old. My nephew was monitored and officially diagnosed by 3 or 4. The Quartermaine's are wealthy with easy access to medical care and early intervention. It's very difficult to believe that they're just making this diagnosis now.

To be fair, based on what we've seen on the show, he's probably spent most of his time with the Q's nanny, so it's not that unusual that Olivia wouldn't have noticed, especially since we all know that she spent a lot of her spare time during his earlier years meddling in Lulu's life. She probably only looked in on her kid after he was asleep. 😉

• Love 6
1 minute ago, rur said:

To be fair, based on what we've seen on the show, he's probably spent most of his time with the Q's nanny, so it's not that unusual that Olivia wouldn't have noticed, especially since we all know that she spent a lot of her spare time during his earlier years meddling in Lulu's life. She probably only looked in on her kid after he was asleep. 😉

True, Ned may get home and ask the nanny, "Did you know about this?" And they'll explain that Leo's been in a special program at school since pre-school, and haven't they read any of her daily report e-mails?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I started to type this out but thought you can just refer to this easier. But basically, there are only four families besides Sonny/Carly/Jason. They're the fifth family, if you will. Stupid. 

https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/Five_Families

It's really kind of hard to decide at this point who I hate more - Carly or LW. Carly is obvious, but she's just gotten worse and worse over time. I have a hard time believing why anyone likes her, but that's just me. LW has become as insufferable as Carly. She has the entire show written around her. And (excuse my language) just because she's fucking Wes Ramsey we have to be subjected to the worst character in the history of the entire show? I haven't been watching nearly as long as some of you, so please enlighten me if there has been a worse main character. Who CANNOT ACT. Sorry, but I'm beyond tired of Carly and LW getting everything she wants.

I'm still unclear where people are getting this idea that LW is forcing the EP and/or writers to do her bidding?  Carly is not really winning or dominating the show any more than she has been over the years.

Her boyfriend got hired. So what? Plenty of actors - hell, plenty of people in other industries - get hired based off who they know. There's no indication in FV's history that he's keeping WR/Peter solely because he doesn't want to make LW mad. The only thing FV has ever shown loyalty to is the bottom line, not to any particular actors, and not LW. Is this idea WR staying on because FV not wanting to anger LW based off of anything - rumors, interviews, etc.? And, IMO, no, WR is not the worst actor ever nor is Peter the worst character ever. Carly, Levi Dunkleman, NL's Emily, Courtney, Angel, that chick one time who was supposed to be Helena's unknown daughter, etc were all worse IMO.

Is it because she has said before she'd like to see Carly and Jason paired? Are actors not allowed to have pairings they would like and make suggestions? She didn't put a gun to their heads and make them do this SL and, she certainly didn't make them write it as crappy as they are now. Unless the assumption is LW is in the writer's room and spoon feeding them storyline ideas and making them write it. I hate the idea of Jason/Carly just on principle, but the main problem with this storyline right now is the execution not the idea of pairing Jason and Carly.

• Love 3

So is Peter working with Victor?  now I'm questioning crap so i'm not gonna bother. Nina for god sakes, he's right there in your personal space. Kick him in the groin, take his gun and blow his brains out, it's not that complicated.

Phyllis is smart and isn't buying Peter's crap and took out the gun, but Nina being a dumb ass was standing right in front of him so Peter grabbed her. SHOOT HIM ANYWAY, PHYLLIS . Also i refuse Peter has x-ray eyes and this is the second time someone pulled out a gun and he had his ready. so like yah no. Not so smart. 

Dude. risk a freaking bullet shot and tackle this moron. 

Oh for god sakes.  Phyllis "i'm a crack shot." also Phyllis "I'm going to count to ten." also Phyllis "I can't risk you." dude. SHOOT HIM. Nina would have only been shot in the bum, she'll walk it off. 

Curtis is all kissing up Jordan and calling her beautiful. Portia not worth it find someone else. Jordan's in renal failure so they are sending her to Albany to get better. Vacation? Recast? Portia is freakin' out that Jordan remembers about her (retcon) comments, but Jordan thinks she was talking about Taggert.

Wait. why is Ava leaving Avery, probably because of the stalker. but dude... leaving her with Carly.. not cool. "I can't let my daughter be collateral damage." take notes, Carly.  Carly "I'd die for Avery." (no chances are Avery would die for you, before you die for anyone else). 

Joss "I thought Spencer could grow up a little."  I could say the thing about you Joss. I love how she's all "Spencer and Nik deserve each other."  like how you deserve your cow mother,  and i hope you get shot at the wedding .

BLQ + Maxie are great. 
Not sayin'.... just sayin'... smug look. 

What I don't get is how they always have to transfer people out medically. . Like doesn't his hospital have anything high tech to deal with people in situations like this? 

also i really should have watched it on mute again lol

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Curtis is all kissing up Jordan and calling her beautiful. Portia not worth it find someone else.

Just because Curtis and Jordan are divorced (or on the way, or whatever) doesn't mean he wants her to die from carbon monoxide poisoning. It means he's not a complete monster. Get a grip, Portia. This is such a stupid way to manufacture drama. It's not even drama.

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

What I don't get is how they always have to transfer people out medically. . Like doesn't his hospital have anything high tech to deal with people in situations like this? 

Not for anything long term. That's pretty common.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Just because Curtis and Jordan are divorced (or on the way, or whatever) doesn't mean he wants her to die from carbon monoxide poisoning. It means he's not a complete monster. Get a grip, Portia. This is such a stupid way to manufacture drama. It's not even drama.

i know, it was just... i don't know it didn't really sit well with me or something. I don't know why (that's a lot of "I don't know" in one sentence, i'm sorry) - I just feel it could have been portrayed a bit more of, "we're friends and i'm sooooooooooo glad you're okay now, phew," but it just felt like one step towards "Okay i made a huge mistake, and i almost lost you, so let me spew my feelings of loooveeeee." 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except for Roger Howarth and Michael Easton, who have been recast how many times to play how many different characters? 

They've each played three different characters (I guess four for ME because of that Stephen Clay thing.) The first time they brought them back was because of the lawsuit. They certainly seem to be friends and he's kept them employed. But there's never been any indication they've made outrageous storyline demands and he's given into them because he's afraid they'll leave. That's what I mean by FV not having loyalty or being afraid of losing any particular actor.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I can also see Olivia justifying Leo's behavior. They're being pretty vague about his behavior right now, and like I wrote earlier, I can see them deciding not to do a spectrum story because of viewer reaction.

I just found out that WK’s son is autistic so it’s possible that he asked for this storyline. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

Good Lord, I wasn't that emotional when my kid moved out for university last week. Jordan is supposed to be in Albany for a couple of weeks. New York is not a huge state, I'm pretty sure they could drive there to visit her. Which begs the question...is there going to be a recast?

So, exactly who is Valentin's father? Because after the words with Nik and Spencer, I was thinking it might be cool if his father turned out to be Victor.

And Esme was again very vague about her family. For a brief moment I wondered if she could be Victor's, but then realized that would make her and Spencer relatives so clearly that's not the case.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

So, exactly who is Valentin's father? Because after the words with Nik and Spencer, I was thinking it might be cool if his father turned out to be Victor.

When it was revealed that Helena was Valentin's mother, but Mikkos wasn't his father, Show didn't tell us who his father was.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I could watch an entire hour of Valentin, Nik, and Spencer snark on one another, especially because Nik and Spencer are so bad at it. I highly doubt being called Helena's fake Cassadine child (or whatever it was) is as cutting to Valentin as Nik thinks it is. And anyway, Valentin has the ELQ fortune right now, so he doesn't need no stinkin' Cassadine money.

Spencer, you know nothing about Ava and Nik. Her having him beaten up is like foreplay for those two.

5 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

And Esme was again very vague about her family. For a brief moment I wondered if she could be Victor's, but then realized that would make her and Spencer relatives so clearly that's not the case.

You're assuming the writers realize that. More likely her family got taken by the Cassadines and she's now a woman scorned, hellbent on revenge. Or something equally stupid. Zzzzz.

LOL at Jordan throwing TJ out of her cubicle.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Amd it’s not like they don’t have Monica living there who is an actual medical doctor.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I highly doubt being called Helena's fake Cassadine child (or whatever it was) is as cutting to Valentin as Nik thinks it is. And anyway, Valentin has the ELQ fortune right now, so he doesn't need no stinkin' Cassadine money.

Didn't Valentin contemplate suicide - and Alexis had to talk him down - after he found out he wasn't a Cassadine/Helena was his mother? He almost killed Nik and tossed Ava over the side of a building to hold on to the Cassadine money/name. I think not being a Cassadine is a weak spot for Valentin despite being the current CEO of ELQ. He's so tied to that identity he's still held on to the last name.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

They've each played three different characters (I guess four for ME because of that Stephen Clay thing.) The first time they brought them back was because of the lawsuit. They certainly seem to be friends and he's kept them employed. But there's never been any indication they've made outrageous storyline demands and he's given into them because he's afraid they'll leave. That's what I mean by FV not having loyalty or being afraid of losing any particular actor.

At this point, bringing back the vampires would be a step up.  Maybe they can take over as the town heroes from the mob.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Yes, Jordan, your "careful and nuanced conversation" with TJ about working undercover was super successful in making him understand what you were doing.

2 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Didn't Valentin contemplate suicide - and Alexis had to talk him down - after he found out he wasn't a Cassadine/Helena was his mother?

Back then he was pretty pathetic, as it was coming out of his "I was a teenage hunchback period," but today I think he's not so tied to the Cassadine identity. Not that he'll drop it, but he hasn't tried to get anything from Nik for a while.

Good grief, Phyllis. Quit yakking and pull the trigger! Another useless threat. And Nina was no help, whimpering on the floor.

Are they writing Briana Nicole Henry off, or is she going on vacation? Or just getting rid of the character for a while?

• Love 5

I love Jordan's friendship with Portia. Almost always the two outsides in a triangle are fighting and nasty but Jordan and Portia support each other even with Curtis in the middle.

If someone doesn't kill Peter soon, I will reach into my TV set and do it myself. Enough already. Valentin, please save me. It doesn't say much for Victor's intelligence that he's working with him.

Phyllis, you came on the show as a smart woman. What happened? Anyone  "You can't threaten her in the bar that my husband and I built." You mean it's okay to threaten her elsewhere?

It's a fine line with Esme and she got on my nerves today, dissing Anna when she knows nothing about her. Pull in your claws lady and learn about you opponents first.

Now that Joss knows about Spencer being in Port Charles longer, I wish she or Trina would buy a clue.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Wait. why is Ava leaving Avery, probably because of the stalker. but dude... leaving her with Carly.. not cool. "I can't let my daughter be collateral damage." take notes, Carly.  Carly "I'd die for Avery." (no chances are Avery would die for you, before you die for anyone else). 

Ava needs to speak to Jax about how safe it is to be in a mob household. Is MW going on vacation too?

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

There are different levels of hospitals depending on what kind of care is needed. Jordan doesn't need a level one acute care hospital like GH where beds are very expensive, she can go to a lower level one which has less tech, fewer nurses per patient, and is cheaper per bed.

3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

They begin screening at 15 or 18 months old. My nephew was monitored and officially diagnosed by 3 or 4. The Quartermaine's are wealthy with easy access to medical care and early intervention. It's very difficult to believe that they're just making this diagnosis now.

It depends how high functioning the person is. With someone like Leo who does show empathy and can look people in the eye, and at his age, many parents would say "Oh that's just him." So would many pediatricians.

54 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I just found out that WK’s son is autistic so it’s possible that he asked for this storyline. 

That makes sense, given how Leo functions and why it's Ned worrying and not Olivia.

29 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Amd it’s not like they don’t have Monica living there who is an actual medical doctor.

Monica is a cardio-thoracic surgeon, not a pediatrician or pediatric psychiatrist. When she was in med school, the term autism didn't exist. A bunch of stuff was bundled into something called pervasive developmental disorder and Monica wouldn't have learned about any of it.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Didn't Valentin contemplate suicide - and Alexis had to talk him down - after he found out he wasn't a Cassadine/Helena was his mother? He almost killed Nik and tossed Ava over the side of a building to hold on to the Cassadine money/name. I think not being a Cassadine is a weak spot for Valentin despite being the current CEO of ELQ. He's so tied to that identity he's still held on to the last name.

Being a Cassadine is a big part of his identity and he doesn’t want to seem to let it go. It’s actually an interesting juxtaposition with Alexis who doesn’t use the name despite being a biological Cassadine, growing up on the island, and actually having relationships with the other Cassadines. I don’t think Valentin ever even knew Mikkos. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Phyllis, you came on the show as a smart woman. What happened?

Mooby happened.

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Monica is a cardio-thoracic surgeon, not a pediatrician or pediatric psychiatrist. When she was in med school, the term autism didn't exist. A bunch of stuff was bundled into something called pervasive developmental disorder and Monica wouldn't have learned about any of it.

This is a show that has doctors who are experts in every field, not limited to what their specialty is. Have you forgotten what show you're watching?😜

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm still unclear where people are getting this idea that LW is forcing the EP and/or writers to do her bidding?  Carly is not really winning or dominating the show any more than she has been over the years.

She's definitely on way more this year than she has been in a long time. And almost every idea she said she wanted in an interview a while ago has happened.

I don't think FV is remotely threatened by her leaving or she's throwing temper tantrums or anything though. I think she kisses a lot of ass and it's basically her reward. Which, hey, if the other actors could manage it I am sure most of them would do it too.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Are they writing Briana Nicole Henry off,

That's what I was thinking too.  Everyone was so sad, and the tears seemed genuine that I thought she was leaving for good and the tears were real.  

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Good grief, Phyllis. Quit yakking and pull the trigger!

I was so happy when she went behind the counter, thinking, finally an intelligent person, but then the stupid came back.  She actually said, "I'm going to count to 10'  TEN???  Who says 10?  Peter has time to shoot NIna 12 times in the time she' s counting to 10.  Also, Nina has clearly not taken a self defence class since all that yammering between the other two, Peter had loosened his grip somewhat and she could have dropped to the ground, giving Phyllis the advantage.  And then Nina does go to the ground when Phyllis puts down her gun, mere inches from her hand, yet Peter can stroll across the room to get it without Phyllis quickly regrabbing it and shooting him in the face.  Ugh, so much yelling at my tv today!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She's definitely on way more this year than she has been in a long time. And almost every idea she said she wanted in an interview a while ago has happened.

I don't think FV is remotely threatened by her leaving or she's throwing temper tantrums or anything though. I think she kisses a lot of ass and it's basically her reward. Which, hey, if the other actors could manage it I am sure most of them would do it too.

I'm not saying you're lying or anything, but does one of those sites that shows cast airtime indicate she's on way more than previously? Because I just haven't noticed way more Carly than ever before. I think there was a period time a couple of years ago were Carly really didn't have a storyline of her own, but even then she was still on a lot.

What else has she gotten that she wanted - other than exploring Jason/Carly and maybe being more involved in the mob side of things? Genuinely curious since I didn't read this interview. I know there are things she didn't like that she still had to deal with. I read that she wasn't a fan of playing pregnancy on-screen and they still saddled her with the late-in-life pregnancy and Donna.

If all she's done is kiss ass to keep herself employed and so she can enjoy herself at work, then mazel tov to her. Like you said, no one's stopping anyone else from doing the same thing. I'm sure if FH said she wanted Anna and Robert paired together again - and they agreed to it - lots of people would be very happy.

• Love 1
Just now, drtslim said:

Maybe it's for BH's maternity leave?

I didn't even know she was pregnant. But that felt like emotional for her leaving PC for a few weeks to get treated. Nixon Falls is a short walk away, so I'm assuming that Albany is the next building.

Speaking of Nixon Falls. I would have been fine if Peter had killed both Nina and Phyllis. I like the actress who plays Phyllis, but they put her in such a thankless storyline. 

Joss, don't you have your mother's wedding to prepare for?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Are they writing Briana Nicole Henry off, or is she going on vacation? Or just getting rid of the character for a while?

Someone on Twitter said that she started exactly three years ago today, so her contract would be up. But she is rumored to be pregnant so it's a guessing game. There's so many other characters I'd rather be rid of than her.  

• Love 2

Phyllis was a gun toting badass until she wasn't. I think on Monday, Mike will probably walk in on Peter, or Jax might do it if he’s still in town

It certainly seemed like the tearful goodbye to Jordan signified a permanent exit by the actress. But if the actress is pregnant, maybe it will be a few months for her maternity leave

22 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm not saying you're lying or anything, but does one of those sites that shows cast airtime indicate she's on way more than previously? Because I just haven't noticed way more Carly than ever before. I think there was a period time a couple of years ago were Carly really didn't have a storyline of her own, but even then she was still on a lot.

Yeah, they do. 

GENERAL HOSPITAL
2021 Year-To-Date Episode Count
161 Episodes

1. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 116
2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) - 100
3. Cynthia Watros (Nina Clay) - 90
4. James Patrick Stuart (Valentin Cassadine) - 81
5. Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos) - 79

GENERAL HOSPITAL 2019 Episode Count
247 Episodes
1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 152
2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan - 145/Drew Cain Flashbacks - 3) - 146
3. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 124
4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 121
5. Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber - 119/Mrs. Cratchit - 1) - 120

GENERAL HOSPITAL
2018 Episode Count

248 Episodes

1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 161

2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) - 155

3. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 151

4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 134

5. Billy Miller (Drew Cain) - 130

GENERAL HOSPITAL

2017 Episode Count

247 Episodes

1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 169

2. Laura Wright (Carly Jacks) - 151

3. Billy Miller (Drew Cain) - 149

4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 146

5. Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber) - 113

I skipped 2020 because of the covid break. 2 things about this year for LW - she is at the top of the episode count and the difference between her and second place is larger than it is any other year. Now the year is not over yet so maybe someone will catch up to her but I doubt it.

LW had 3 things she said she wanted - Carly in charge of the mob, Carly/Jason and Jason as Michael's dad. Not a ton of stuff but given this show hasn't gone near Jarly for decades I would say that's pretty big, but maybe that has more to do with Burton than LW.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, they do. 

GENERAL HOSPITAL
2018 Year-To-Date Episode Count
161 Episodes

1. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 116
2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) - 100
3. Cynthia Watros (Nina Clay) - 90
4. James Patrick Stuart (Valentin Cassadine) - 81
5. Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos) - 79

GENERAL HOSPITAL 2019 Episode Count
247 Episodes
1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 152
2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan - 145/Drew Cain Flashbacks - 3) - 146
3. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 124
4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 121
5. Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber - 119/Mrs. Cratchit - 1) - 120

GENERAL HOSPITAL
2018 Episode Count

248 Episodes

1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 161

2. Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) - 155

3. Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) - 151

4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 134

5. Billy Miller (Drew Cain) - 130

GENERAL HOSPITAL

2017 Episode Count

247 Episodes

1. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) - 169

2. Laura Wright (Carly Jacks) - 151

3. Billy Miller (Drew Cain) - 149

4. Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) - 146

5. Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber) - 113

I skipped 2020 because of the covid break. 2 things about this year for LW - she is at the top of the episode count and the difference between her and second place is larger than it is any other year. Now the year is not over yet so maybe someone will catch up to her but I doubt it.

LW had 3 things she said she wanted - Carly in charge of the mob, Carly/Jason and Jason as Michael's dad. Not a ton of stuff but given this show hasn't gone near Jarly for decades I would say that's pretty big, but maybe that has more to do with Burton than LW.

Thanks! Given we have about three and half months left she probably will exceed her 2017 episode count, but she's always in the top three anyway and the actress with the lead episode count. It is pretty interesting to me that MB always had the top count and now he's not even in the top 5.

Given the interviews I've read, this Nixon Falls storyline seems like something MB wanted. Once Sonny was out of the picture for awhile, I can see them deciding to explore Jason/Carly since this is the longest those two have been without Sonny since Carly/Sonny started. It doesn't excuse the crappy execution, but still...

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is she wrong? I've been watching live because I'm home, but otherwise I FF all the time.

The only issue I had with that was her saying "FFing." What is that? Just say fast forward. Otherwise, she has a point. I find it hilarious the number of times I've seen people complain about certain storylines and then admit they don't even watch the scenes they're talking about. 

• Love 1

I don't think she's wrong, tbh. You do miss stuff when you FF. But tell a story in a logical fashion and maybe people will give it a chance.

Most people understand the inherent problems in soaps and get the necessity of recasts, SORASing, and that sort of thing. But the blatant stupidity we're getting about everything surrounding Shawn shooting Hayden, for instance, shows the writers couldn't care less about continuity, logic, or story. So why should the show get more of an investment from me?  You have to give respect to get it, and the writers don't give the viewers much if any respect.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

We're "missing the journey," y'all.

Thank you, LW, for educating us.

This is the third time I’ve heard her say this specifically in reference to her current storyline. I think she’s been around too long to be this naive. People either like SLs or they don’t. They aren’t going to enjoy them because they’re forced to sit through them. Last time I heard her bring it up, she compared it to Luke/Laura and how they wouldn’t have been popular if the dast forward button was around back then. Yeah, no. People still had the option to change the channel or turn off the show.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think she's wrong, tbh. You do miss stuff when you FF. But tell a story in a logical fashion and maybe people will give it a chance.

Most people understand the inherent problems in soaps and get the necessity of recasts, SORASing, and that sort of thing. But the blatant stupidity we're getting about everything surrounding Shawn shooting Hayden, for instance, shows the writers couldn't care less about continuity, logic, or story. So why should the show get more of an investment from me?  You have to give respect to get it, and the writers don't give the viewers much if any respect.

This Shawn/Hayden stuff feels like the most blatant. Like a lot of times they do stuff that viewers can argue the logic, but it's kind of up to interpretation - like Jason/Carly. I don't buy that Jason had buried feelings after all of these years, but it doesn't feel like a blatant lie. This Shawn/Hayden stuff they're just completely ignoring things that happened on-screen with no explanation. And it's not like this was a storyline from twenty years ago or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

This is the third time I’ve heard her say this specifically in reference to her current storyline. I think she’s been around too long to be this naive. People either like SLs or they don’t. They aren’t going to enjoy them because they’re forced to sit through them. Last time I heard her bring it up, she compared it to Luke/Laura and how they wouldn’t have been popular if the dast forward button was around back then. Yeah, no. People still had the option to change the channel or turn off the show.

To be fair, back in the day, one had to get up to change channels or turn the TV off. I know it would have been a deterrent for me because I'm lazy.

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

To be fair, back in the day, one had to get up to change channels or turn the TV off. I know it would have been a deterrent for me because I'm lazy.

I also think, (to be dead honest with you). I don't see the point of watching any of the Mob stories. I mocked it a few days ago but it's basically.

Big bad comes to town. Big bad blows up warehouse. Jason blows up warehouse threat here, threat there, everywhere a threat threat. they try to kill someone important, Jason actually kills them (unless they like the actor and they stay on the show and suffer from Alcazar Syndrome), everyone goes "see we had no reason to suffer." 

or when something awesome  story wise happens - like. Michael gets shot in the head - and Carly legit has a normal person reaction to that - that should have been it. It shouldn't matter how much Carly wanted/craved power - the mob shot her kid in the head, Sonny chose his girlfriend over his kid (that he stole), and that should have been so far across the line, it was a dot to Carly. but then she goes back to Sonny anyway. and loses another kid. and then has another kid  with sonny. And now another kid is being threatened, and Carly's like. 'whatever, i've got a wedding to plan." like. what's the point of watching that I know what's going to happen because we've seen it over and over again. Nothing the mob does is going to impact Carly. She'll cry and scream, but she'll get over it and go back into it. Nothing Mob story related ever changes. They'll blame the bad mob, and give Carly/Jason passes again. What's the point of watching that? again they just changed the name of the bad mob (again).

I suffered through 2 months of Millowtonin because I thought that Chase finding out would be fantastic soap, but it wasn't. I suffered through nine months of Nixon Falls just for more stupidness. forget the reconning of stuff 20 years ago (Like, yah Jason always loved carly he just hid it deep inside) but like the trina's dad stuff. It's also an utter respect to history. Like look I don't care if Jason is all "I did have twu wuv for you Carly, i just hid it." but they basically eliminated Robin from that and that's wrong.  I don't care how much old age mellows you out - if the woman who hid the fact of who murdered my kid was marrying my other kid - I wouldn't be giving any kind of blessings, except of the middle finger variety.   - but they are reconning stuff from like last year "Curtis: is trina my kid?" Portia: No. (last week: Omg, there is father truths i need to tell trina!"). 

I sat through the journey and the journey sucked. so if i have to mute the journey or FF it (like Laura, it's fast forward. Lol). to get through the little bit of good soap - imma gonna do it. It won't get better if i don't do that. 

• Love 15

We used to fast forward back in the 90s too, most people recorded the show and watched it that night after work. I remember a time when they would throw in a character mid-way through the episode because people would skip it altogether if they saw their fave wasn’t featured that day. 

I don’t dislike LW, even though I don’t like Carly. She gives it her all and she seems pleasant in real life. She gets a lot more hate around these parts than SB or MB for some reason and I feel like they equally control the storylines. No one will ever compare to the level of control TG had though and the mess he made of Luke. 

I thought Spencer’s “at least I know who my dad is” was a pretty good burn to Valentin, but not enjoying how pleased he was his girlfriend got turned on by his bitchy spat. The actress playing Esme is best when she gets to drop the smiley sunshine routine and be bitchy herself. Good moment when she asked about the pushy Brit. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

We're "missing the journey," y'all.

Because we already know how it will turn out. Michael will get Wylie (Lucas who?) while Nelle loses all, Michael will get Willow without even Chase getting some good revenge, Carly will get Michael  and Joss while Sonny gets Avery so Carly gets her too, Sonny gets every woman he wants and defeats everyone who tries to go up against him, Carly will be Jason's true love not Robin, and every character on the show from Laura to Monica to Anna except for the scapegoats like Scott will suck up to the mob.

These are garbage people anyway but if you want me to stick around for "the journey", write something that isn't predictable from the start.

• Love 19