Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

WTF does wardrobe have against Laura and Kin? We’ve seen them return to the Laura as Frump days, and Scotty doesn’t seem to own a jacket that fits him. Do they want to try to make the vets so horrendous that those attack dogs on the FB GH page ruthlessly attack them for their looks and band together to ban all vets?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Speaking of vets, it was so sad to learn of Stuart Damon’s passing. I spent some time with him in a Green room and had a delightful conversation with him. I had just shown the lovely Constance Towers my Playbill from when she starred on Broadway with Yul Brenner in a revival of The King and I (1977j. Damon asked if he could look through it, and I said, of course. He started pointing out cast and crew members he’d worked with through the years, and was so happy to find hem in the Playbill. I showed him the old ticket stub from that performance, and he very seriously told me to save it with the program (which CT had already signed). Such a kind and wonderful man. R. I. P., sir. 😘❤️

• Love 24
2 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

WTF does wardrobe have against Laura and Kin? We’ve seen them return to the Laura as Frump days, and Scotty doesn’t seem to own a jacket that fits him. Do they want to try to make the vets so horrendous that those attack dogs on the FB GH page ruthlessly attack them for their looks and band together to ban all vets?

Kim Shriner can barely move when he’s wearing a sports jacket. I blame wardrobe but even off camera he seems to dress in tighter clothes. He still looks good but they really could let his jackets out just a tad. I also have seen Genie dressing frumpy and in dark colors. I think she’s gained weight again and is trying to cover up. If you look at pictures of the daytime Emmy ladies luncheon she is wearing a not so flattering outfit but it looks nice and roomy. 

10E2DB83-F9B4-4CAD-942D-FD6252300623.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Clearly there was no "what are you wearing--should we go casual or dressy?" group text happening here.  

Ha! NLG's face screams "I knew I should have changed!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

"You and Jason are already guardians of each other's children."  I refuse to believe that Liz agreed for Carly to be guardian of Jake over Lucky or Laura if something happened to her.

The directing for the appearance of Joey Novak was very nice. The way the scene was framed, he was noticeable as soon as he walked in and stayed in the frame until he approached Spinelli.

Isn't Spinelli paying for Diane's legal advice? I thought Diane made sure everyone paid her but she sure obeyed her master's voice fast when Carly phoned her.

Why did Jason take Britt home right after she said that you don't have to tell your SO everything? Clearly she's mob moll material.

STFU Sam. Do you have to stick your nose in everyone's business? Someone give her a real storyline.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"You and Jason are already guardians of each other's children."  I refuse to believe that Liz agreed for Carly to be guardian of Jake over Lucky or Laura if something happened to her.

There's no way.  Nope, not buying it.  Given the way this show is, they probably meant Danny and his non-child Scout.  Sam's enough of a doormat to agree to that, but no Elizabeth with Jake.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Clearly there was no "what are you wearing--should we go casual or dressy?" group text happening here.  

Lol!  So true. First three look brunch ready (who’s the one in the middle?). Finola looks ready for a night out. Genie is going to a book club, and Nancy just got off work and is frazzled.

Laura has been dressing frumpy on GH forever, even when she was considerably younger and thinner. It does make a person wonder what wardrobe has against vets??

I hate that half tuck look NLG is sporting. First it was tuck in the front and leave the back out like a long piece of tp trailing behind. Now it’s tuck one side untuck the other?!  I can’t keep up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Bye bye Britt's personality! RIP! You've been sucked into the black hole of suck that is Jason Morgan. The black hole of suck is the place you will meet the personalities of the women who were involved with him.

I fucking hate Jason. Like hate hate. They made Britt fit right into that pretty little mold mob molls fit in. Oh, Jason, is that blood? Where do you think the blood came from, Britt? Jason is a thug. The guy he manhandled out of Charlie's took a beating. You don't have to tell Ellie everything, Spinelli. Oh, goodie *jumps up and down while clapping hands*

I thought Scotty was going to find out about Finn accidentally killing Peter and then counselling him to keep his trap shut. But apparently, he was there to give Finn and Elizabeth his blessing to bone.

Valentin/Anna, that looks like some really slow built romance. I thought their scenes today and yesterday were pretty on point. 

I have no idea what's going on with Ava and Nikolas, but Ava seems to be playing up the breakup. I'm not sure why Sam is suddenly involved in this, how this is the first time she and Nikolas have scenes since he returned to the canvas. The whole thing was just plain weird. I'm assuming the bartender is keeping tabs on Ava and Nikolas.

Also Carly is the guardian of Jason's children? Get the fuck outta here.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also Carly is the guardian of Jason's children? Get the fuck outta here.

Danny, I can maybe see. Jake? No way in hell would Elizabeth agree to that, besides the fact that I'm pretty sure Jason has never legally been Jake's father.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Danny, I can maybe see. Jake? No way in hell would Elizabeth agree to that, besides the fact that I'm pretty sure Jason has never legally been Jake's father.

Yep, GH forgets that Lucky is Jake's legal father and has been since he was born. If Jake didn't go to Lucky for whatever reason upon Liz's death, Laura/Kevin would take him. Cam is over eighteen, he could take custody of his brothers if need be. (And that is an interesting point: if Liz died and Carly was supposedly the guardian of Jason's children, she means Jake. She would ship Aiden to foster care, wouldn't she?)

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

(And that is an interesting point: if Liz died and Carly was supposedly the guardian of Jason's children, she means Jake. She would ship Aiden to foster care, wouldn't she?)

Aiden actually is a blood relation to her (first cousin, once removed) so maybe she'd make room for him in the Corinthii Cache of Children.

• LOL 2

I've officially reached the IDGAF stage with who Austin (like the Texas city) is and who Nava's tormentor might be. I need it to stop. 

And yes, dancing around Carly and Jason's upcoming MOC isn't helping either. Just say the words... Ugh.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Aiden actually is a blood relation to her (first cousin, once removed) so maybe she'd make room for him in the Corinthii Cache of Children.

Lulu is even closer to her in terms of relationship and Carly still hired Brook Lynn to break up her relationship with Dante. Aiden would get shipped off to Lucky or Laura who has a history or raising grandchildren.

Speaking of Spencer, in the other thread there is a clip of Lila's death and Edward telling Jason that he was the one most like Lila. Not her children, Alan and Tracy (okay, I get that), not any of the other grandchildren (AJ, Ned, Dillon) nor their grandchildren but sainted Jason.  Now I remember why I always hated him.

This show has a really bad habit of creating a golden child (Jason, Michael, Spencer, probably Wylie and Emily when she was played by Natalia) and the storylines are so unbalanced that the one we're supposed to love becomes intolerable.

12 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I've officially reached the IDGAF stage with who Austin (like the Texas city) is and who Nava's tormentor might be. I need it to stop.

Their sense of timing is terrible.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of Spencer, in the other thread there is a clip of Lila's death and Edward telling Jason that he was the one most like Lila. Not her children, Alan and Tracy (okay, I get that), not any of the other grandchildren (AJ, Ned, Dillon) nor their grandchildren but sainted Jason.  Now I remember why I always hated him.

I think to be fair in this regard (and geezeeeeeee i hate defending Jason) - that was always a thing with Edward etc even before Jason went Mob. If I remember rightly (and it was ages ago), part of it was Lila + Jason always had a close relationship and out of all the Quartermaines Jason had Lila's eyes. though I would also point out, I don't ever remember Lila taking a gun and murdering people, and throwing barwear and threatening people so Edward could also be deluded with grief. 

(And as I am rewatching the Metrocourt hostage thing. jeezze do I hate that Skye named her daughter Lila. That should have been reserved ... well... never mind. :( everyone is dead anyway... )

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This show has a really bad habit of creating a golden child (Jason, Michael, Spencer, probably Wylie and Emily when she was played by Natalia) and the storylines are so unbalanced that the one we're supposed to love becomes intolerable.

pretty much. they never have nuance.Like I hate that they murdered Emily, but i hated Emily's hypocritcal sainted butt, we all hate Wylie already, only thing i remember about Spencer is that he had that accent/lisp and wore a mask for a while and had a thing for Emma and we all hate Micheal).  

11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Her entire presence the last year can be summed up in that sentence.

She needs a life.  Go play with your children, Sam. Go run your business. just.. do something

• Love 7
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I have no idea what's going on with Ava and Nikolas, but Ava seems to be playing up the breakup. I'm not sure why Sam is suddenly involved in this, how this is the first time she and Nikolas have scenes since he returned to the canvas. The whole thing was just plain weird. I'm assuming the bartender is keeping tabs on Ava and Nikolas.

To be fair, Sam is a PI, and related to both involved parties. This is actually the ONLY story it makes sense for her to be involved in. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

. I'm assuming the bartender is keeping tabs on Ava and Nikolas.

Yes he is and the person peering from the elevator is Spencer.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, who's Novak? 

I say it's Cameron Mathieson who's going to play Vincent Novak.  Those people that have posted here and think he's been recast as Drew what proof of this is there?  No mention of Drew has been made on the show but Vincent Novak is talked about a lot and today we finally saw one of his relatives.  The unveiling of VN is upon us.     

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

To be fair, Sam is a PI, and related to both involved parties. This is actually the ONLY story it makes sense for her to be involved in. 

I don't disagree. Her investigating who is behind the stuff makes sense because she is related to both Nikolas and Ava as you pointed out. But the way the scenes were written was incredibly jarring to me. 

Like she finds out that Nikolas and Ava are getting a divorce and goes to Nikolas and sits at the table with he and Dante and wants to know what's going on. But Sam doesn't care about Ava, the last scene they shared that I remember was when Sam had her cat poop disease. She had Nikolas have shared a grand total of zero scenes since he's been back. 

The writers made absolutely no efforts to establish anything resembling a relationship between these people.

Unlike 99.9% of the board, I actually still like Sam and I'm still hoping she will get an actual storyline, but the writers have got to stop tossing the character against the wall like she's a spitball to see where she will stick. They destroyed everything that worked with the character and there is nothing organic about the way they're going about this. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Ha! NLG's face screams "I knew I should have changed!"

It’s funny but I thought she was super casual but put together. Also, this wasn’t really a noon lunch. Apparently, they couldn’t do anything early due to scheduling issues and I think it was later and everyone dressed but didn’t have a clear idea what the other would be wearing. LOL!!! Heather Tom hosted it and she’s over dressed compared to everyone else. I’ll give everyone a pass. It looks like it was confusing to everyone. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

Yes he is and the person peering from the elevator is Spencer.

I say it's Cameron Mathieson who's going to play Vincent Novak.  Those people that have posted here and think he's been recast as Drew what proof of this is there?  No mention of Drew has been made on the show but Vincent Novak is talked about a lot and today we finally saw one of his relatives.  The unveiling of VN is upon us.     

Spoiler

Cameron Mathison has posted stuff on IG with him having a beard, saying it would be obvious once he shows up. Not the sharpest tool in the shed to keep us in the dark. Also, there was a casting side that was very Drew-esque.

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:
  Reveal spoiler

Cameron Mathison has posted stuff on IG with him having a beard, saying it would be obvious once he shows up. Not the sharpest tool in the shed to keep us in the dark. Also, there was a casting side that was very Drew-esque.

Agreed.   Many with insider info have said it as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Danny is the only one I can see this making sense. Even with Donna, wouldn’t Carly name her mother as guardian?  I’m not even going to entertain for a moment Elizabeth would ever let Jake go to Carly, and yes like others have said I don’t even think Jason is Jake’s legal father (on paper). 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Ugh, Sam. "The country doctor knows fine liquor!" she sneers. Sam is hardly some arbiter of taste. Then she barges into Nik's business. The writing for her is so awful.

So many flashbacks to Sonny Carly and Jason's stupid conversation about a MOC. I wish they'd stop being coy about what the "solution" is and just say they're going to get married for the bidness. We're way ahead of you, Show. Gah.

How nice that Elizabeth has Scott's permission to see other men. Ugh.

Edited by dubbel zout
critical correction, lol
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So many flashbacks to Sonny and Jason's stupid conversation about a MOC.

You know Jason wouldn't need flashbacks to convince him to marry Sonny. We know he would never leave him. Sonny is Jason's one true love.

(I know you meant Carly)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Not even joking, but I swear, waaaaaaaaay back when Soapnet existed, there was a Brokeback Mountain parody promo, with Sonny/Jason. I bet Carly would be happy with being a throuple with both Sonny and Jason (ewww to both guys).

• LOL 1
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Sam. "The country doctor knows fine liquor!" she sneers. Sam is hardly some arbiter of taste. Then she barges into Nik's business. The writing for her is so awful.

She's like Mrs. Kravitz on the old Bewitched show.  I expect her to start peering thru windows any second. 

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So many flashbacks to Sonny Carly and Jason's stupid conversation about a MOC. I wish they'd stop being coy about what the "solution" is and just say they're going to get married for the bidness.

Not saying the M word as if anyone doesn't know what's going on.  Newborn babies are like "child, please, be less obvious."

Speaking of embarrassing, eyerolling dialogue, thanks for the Ted Talk, Josslyn, on what a loyal friend Jason is and how he and Carly are the template for what true friendship should be.

JPS really turned it on big time in those scenes between Valentin and Anna.  For the first time I could see them as more than just WSB comrades.  Also, everyone who guessed Austin is Jimmy Lee Holt's kid pat yourself on the back.  Meaning, basically, everyone.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Joss's Jason worship sounds like she's obsessed with him.

Sam agreed for Carly to be the guardian of her kid? Over the Q's or her sisters? No way. Danny spends more time at Quartermaine mansion than with Jason or Carly. 

Same goes for Liz she didn't sign her child off to Carly over her family/Spencer's heck even Scott. 

Good for Finn making a same guardian choice. A family member.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sam agreed for Carly to be the guardian of her kid? Over the Q's or her sisters? No way. Danny spends more time at Quartermaine mansion than with Jason or Carly. 

Same goes for Liz she didn't sign her child off to Carly over her family/Spencer's heck even Scott. 

Good for Finn making a same guardian choice. A family member.

Well when Scout was born and everyone thought Drew was Jason, he and Sam named Carly/Sonny as the godparents. They could have signed them as guardians in case anything happen to both of Sam/DrewwhothoughthewasJason

55 minutes ago, Artsda said:

That would be more interesting (Joss tries to sedice Jason) than what's to come. No, it's just bad writing as yet another bystander, today Joss and Scotty, tell us how it is for the destined couples to be together (Carly/Jason, Finn/Liz).

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Sam. "The country doctor knows fine liquor!" she sneers. Sam is hardly some arbiter of taste.

That was just incredibly rude of her. And was it really fine liquor? I thought he just asked for the most expensive one the bar had, it's not like he asked for a 12 year old Macallan.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, everyone who guessed Austin is Jimmy Lee Holt's kid pat yourself on the back.  Meaning, basically, everyone.

Probably so! But it's been pointed out that Alan's storyline where he recovered from a crash and started an insta family with Charity and her son Jonah was in Pautauck...But later Charity married Jimmy Lee.

So Austin could be Jonah, OR Alan's actual son with Charity we never knew about, OR Charity and Jimmy Lee's son we never knew about.

It's all very plausible.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not even joking, but I swear, waaaaaaaaay back when Soapnet existed, there was a Brokeback Mountain parody promo, with Sonny/Jason. I bet Carly would be happy with being a throuple with both Sonny and Jason (ewww to both guys).

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

it's just bad writing as yet another bystander, today Joss and Scotty, tell us how it is for the destined couples to be together (Carly/Jason, Finn/Liz).

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The way Finn and Liz were talking I thought THEY were going to come up with the MOC idea for themselves so they wouldn't have to testify against each other. Then there would be 3 fake marriages on the show, that is probably more than real ones.

Whenever Violet calls Liz "Aunt" I always thinks it is just like a friendly aunt, it takes me a while to remember she is the real aunt.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

The way Finn and Liz were talking I thought THEY were going to come up with the MOC idea for themselves so they wouldn't have to testify against each other

Would they have the marriage certificate pre-dated somehow so that they would be married when the crime took place?

• Useful 1

What was up with Carly looking directly at the camera as she said one of her lines right before commercial?  Are TPTB trying to hypnotize us into believing this MOC is not an idiotic storyline?

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Whenever Violet calls Liz "Aunt" I always thinks it is just like a friendly aunt, it takes me a while to remember she is the real aunt.

My poor Hayden, all but forgotten.

I still haven't watched yesterday's episode, even though it has some stuff I'm interested in. It still seems like just too much of an effort.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Probably so! But it's been pointed out that Alan's storyline where he recovered from a crash and started an insta family with Charity and her son Jonah was in Pautauck...But later Charity married Jimmy Lee.

So Austin could be Jonah, OR Alan's actual son with Charity we never knew about, OR Charity and Jimmy Lee's son we never knew about.

It's all very plausible.

I think it's also been mentioned that Jimmy Lee dated Heather Weber at one point, if they wanted to give RoHo an excuse to be HW's son again. 

What's silly is all the mystery surrounding Austin's last name. You know he owns the cabin. Look up the tax records! Or go to the closest watering hole and get the scoop by asking about that "Dr. Austin-what's-his-name?"

17 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

What's silly is all the mystery surrounding Austin's last name. You know he owns the cabin. Look up the tax records! Or go to the closest watering hole and get the scoop by asking about that "Dr. Austin-what's-his-name?"

This show loves making its characters look silly and downright stupid.

I'm not getting all the Jason/Carly angst because he had a marriage of convenience with Brenda (so they couldn't testify against each other) and IIRC he was with CopKilla at the time.

And I keep waiting for either Finn or Liz to suggest chopping Peter up and sneaking him out of the basement in more manageable chunks. Come on! You're both medical professionals, you can do this. 

• LOL 5
41 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I think it's also been mentioned that Jimmy Lee dated Heather Weber at one point, if they wanted to give RoHo an excuse to be HW's son again. 

There's not a mystery. No one cares. He's just some guy.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

They think it's drama! suspense! when it's just dumb. GH holds on to some of the most tired soap tropes like this and thinks it's cutting edge. Someone can SpyderFinder (hee) "austin + doctor + pautuck" and get his last name in two seconds. But no, it's some giant mystery to be ferreted out.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Anna said she knew his father (and the implication was he looked like his father), so that would eliminate Jonah.  I suppose they could give Alan another son, but I would think Anna would show more shocked surprise at that rather than sly smile, so I'm thinking PUSH (Previously Unknown Son of Holt) is the likely scenario.

11 minutes ago, driver18 said:

There's not a mystery. No one cares. He's just some guy.

If he was just some random guy who delivered Maxie's baby in the woods, I'd agree. But he's some guy who delivered Maxie's baby in the woods, who happened to also own the house that Maxie's kidnapper rented, and now the kidnapper is dead and the baby is missing. His last name probably wouldn't mean anything to Dante and Sam though, if he were a Holt. If the Novak's have a presence in PC though, it would definitely pique Dante's interest.

3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Anna said she knew his father (and the implication was he looked like his father), so that would eliminate Jonah.  I suppose they could give Alan another son, but I would think Anna would show more shocked surprise at that rather than sly smile, so I'm thinking PUSH (Previously Unknown Son of Holt) is the likely scenario.

I thought it was a picture of Austin with his parents, and Anna recognized the father. So whoever raised Austin would be the "father" in the picture.

1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

I thought it was a picture of Austin with his parents, and Anna recognized the father. So whoever raised Austin would be the "father" in the picture.

Yes, it was.  Anna had previously said Austin reminded her of someone and, after seeing the picture, she said she knew his father.  

27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, it was.  Anna had previously said Austin reminded her of someone and, after seeing the picture, she said she knew his father.  

As you all know, I like to go with maximum randomness.  So, I will go with Decker Moss is his father.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The "OMG I want to reach into my tv and punch her in the face" award goes to....Josslyn....

Josslyn to Jason:  Cam was griving which is why I chose to forgive him

Good lord she's beyond annoying, but I'm only 15 minutes in, and I feel there will be more to piss me off.....

• Love 6
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Josslyn to Jason:  Cam was griving which is why I chose to forgive him

I feel like the writers want us to side with Josslyn--and to root for these two to be together--but she's coming off as such an unreasonable, heinous cow.  Who knew Carly's genes would be so strong?

• Love 12