Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

“They’ve painted themselves into a corner, and they don’t know how to get out of it except to make it worse.”

I know TR was referring to the Evil Peter storyline, but this quote pretty much sums up the entire show right now. Or maybe that’s what he really meant.

I do not agree about the show overall at all. I think the show is pretty good overall -- minus the continued awful of Carly, Sonny, Michael sucking everything that he touches into awful blandness, and Jason being the Saintedness perfection of all things despite being a fucking hitman.

I DO agree with TR about Peter/WR, though. Alas.

• Love 6

Weirdly, I was thinking about the wedding guest list last night, and I realized I didn't care why people who probably should have been there weren't. I don't need an explanation even when it's someone like Felicia, mother of one of the brides. Covid precautions likely mean they have to limit the total number of people on set. They decided on people who absolutely had to be there (attendants, Lucy) and then those who would move the story along (Dante [alas], Valentin, etc). 

TR is right that they wrote themselves into a corner with Heinrich/Peter and have no idea to to get out of it, and that's an overall problem with the show. I'm not sure Faison would have been the right person for the show, as he's best in small doses in a clearly defined story, and that's not this. But the story being a mess isn't WR's fault in the least. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

Everyone in the MC: “Where is Peter?”

Muffled little voice: “I’m in here, in between Sam’s funbags, and I’m running out of air!”

(Shallow Male Response) As long as there's some scuba gear down there it's a place I wouldn't mind being held hostage.😝

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That says something, doesn't it? A good dose of truth in the morning. I don't think WR is a good actor at all, but Peter is an abysmal character with no personality, and the writers haven't given him all that much to work with either. 

But I think a better actor could make the story more bearable. Like JPS and Valentin, for instance. Valentin doesn't always have the greatest stories, but JPS is always interesting to watch. Peter needs to be more of a tortured soul and, the way WR plays him, he's just not. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Yeah, I think the writing would have sunk this character even if FS wasn't played by LWB - the retconing of Anna's history, the constant waffling between making him nice or evil, etc..  But he's not doing himself any favors either.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Benji said:

But I think a better actor could make the story more bearable. Like JPS and Valentin, for instance. Valentin doesn't always have the greatest stories, but JPS is always interesting to watch. Peter needs to be more of a tortured soul and, the way WR plays him, he's just not. 

IA, it’s a combination of a weak actor (at least for this medium) and bad material. There are plenty of others who have been able to rise above bad material and their characters doing things that made no sense and still have sizable fan bases. He isn’t one of them. I don’t think people would love him even if he was playing a better character. I think he most of the audience would be indifferent to him because he doesn’t exactly exude charisma and his acting choices leave a lot to be desired. 

• Love 1

TR said that Anders H. was a nice person but in acting he could be menacing. WR menaces like Snidely Whiplash.

I'll reserve judgment on whether WR is too much of a gentleman to make Peter a villain.

• Love 4

I am so tickled to see that TR comes off in real life just like Robert. Love his no bullshit comments about the Peter story line. It's so refreshing! 

I forgot to mention how hilarious it was yesterday when Finn came in to announce the wedding was canceled and he was all "Everyone! Can I have your attention!" Then they pan out and there are like 5 people standing there. This has to be one of the saddest weddings ever.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I want the wedding to fall apart and Peter to be exposed... then Finn and Anna can just decide to grab Violet and go to Cali to have a quiet family wedding with the Drakes.  Which is what they should have done in the first place.  

I don't even hate Peter but I'm so done with his story now.

• Love 10

Did Curtis disappear? I just noticed that he wasn’t there at the end. Lol I guess he was only needed for that convo with Jordan but still weird if he’s missing from the wedding now.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'll reserve judgment on whether WR is too much of a gentleman to make Peter a villain.

I can't decide if TR meant WR doesn't want to go all out in making Peter a villain or if WR's innate gentlemanliness (which I do see) will always counteract it. Actors get miscast; it's not their fault. I think WR is miscast for whatever the writers want to do with Peter.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't decide if TR meant WR doesn't want to go all out in making Peter a villain or if WR's innate gentlemanliness (which I do see) will always counteract it. Actors get miscast; it's not their fault. I think WR is miscast for whatever the writers want to do with Peter.

I think Tristan meant the latter.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And why wasn’t she also wearing red? Refusal to “conform”?🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Well you know, Drew made her wear colors. And she felt so very oppressed doing so because that’s just not her. 🙄

• LOL 7
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

To me, I wonder if it was like they saw the 10 minutes (total) they saw with him on Charmed and went"yeah he could do nuanced evil." but again it was on Charmed and he was evil for all of 10 minutes (and it wasn't like OMG SUPER SCARY! graahh evil either). But I will defend him when people go he's a bad actor - because I don't think he is. (again based from him on Charmed etc). 

he clearly isn't meant for this role though (but i think they easily could have had him as a reporter/chase's best friend, kinda happy go lucky etc etc type of character if they wanted him on the show - because he did that very well)

I do believe they were committed to this story, and I don't know why. it doens't make much sense imo. 
(though to also be fair. i don't know why everyone haatteesss Peter (yeah he killed Drew and this Andre guy so that's very bad) but why that would involve WSB - or like everyone and their mother wants him away from Maxie - when Sonny and Jason are sonny and Jason. if someone wants to give me a more indepth rundown on the guy then i can jump on that Train). 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

To me, I wonder if it was like they saw the 10 minutes (total) they saw with him on Charmed and went"yeah he could do nuanced evil." but again it was on Charmed and he was evil for all of 10 minutes (and it wasn't like OMG SUPER SCARY! graahh evil either). But I will defend him when people go he's a bad actor - because I don't think he is. (again based from him on Charmed etc). 

I have a hard and fast rule that I don't judge anyone's acting based off one role (unless they're completely monotone and look like they're reading off cue cards).  

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

though to also be fair. i don't know why everyone haatteesss Peter

Because he's Faison's on and has evil genes? Kind of like the Dimeras on Days?

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I have a hard and fast rule that I don't judge anyone's acting based off one role (unless they're completely monotone and look like they're reading off cue cards).  

Because he's Faison's on and has evil genes? Kind of like the Dimeras on Days?

lol ah. 
though not every Dimera was hated on Days (but i stopped watching that one lonnngggg ago) but i get that reference 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i don't know why everyone haatteesss Peter (yeah he killed Drew and this Andre guy so that's very bad)

No, he hired a hitman to kill Franco, and changed his mind and ended up killing the hitman to cover his own tracks; he hired someone to attack Andre. Andre is still alive.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

he clearly isn't meant for this role though (but i think they easily could have had him as a reporter/chase's best friend, kinda happy go lucky etc etc type of character if they wanted him on the show - because he did that very well)

I do believe they were committed to this story, and I don't know why. it doens't make much sense imo. 
(though to also be fair. i don't know why everyone haatteesss Peter (yeah he killed Drew and this Andre guy so that's very bad) but why that would involve WSB - or like everyone and their mother wants him away from Maxie - when Sonny and Jason are sonny and Jason. if someone wants to give me a more indepth rundown on the guy then i can jump on that Train). 

Except for Robert and Spinelli, most of PC were totally indifferent to him. Liesl kidnapped him and kept him locked up at the cabin in a Misery situation but they called a truce for Maxie’s sake.

His biggest crime at that point was that he worked with Helena and Faison to kidnap and mid swap Jason and Drew.

It was until a year or so later that Shiloh blackmailed him with the truth that Peter was more involved in what happened to Jason and Drew than he was letting on. Peter should have told Shiloh to go kick rocks because any one with half a brain could have figured that out.

Every thing after this was to cover up his original crime. 

He maybe killed Drew as they never found a body. He initially was going to have a Andre//Franco killed but felt guilty about it and ended up killing the hitman that was going to kill them.

He helped Shiloh escape prison and then framed Sam for internationally killing Shiloh.

He framed Liesl for hiring the dead hitman.

Finally he released Franco’s medical records

Peter has done a ton of bad stuff but not nearly as bad as the the things that Ryan, Nelle, Cyrus.Sonny or Jason have done

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

The scenes about Wiley were major momentum killers today, both the Nina and Carly scenes. But Ava, as usual, looked absolutely flawless. 

I'm assuming that laughing out loud wasn't the reaction Wes Ramsey was going for when he started crying during the Alex revelation, but it's the reaction I had. Good grief that was one comedic cry face.😂

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I’m wagering that Peter doesn’t get exposed. I only had a sliver of hope before but it’s gone now. Also, WR chewed all kinds of scenery today.

I’m sure we were supposed to feel sorry for him today but I don’t know why I should care. Even if this was a better character, it was way too big a reaction to the news. The guy is what, 40 years old, maybe more? So the woman you thought was your mom for a couple of years is your aunt instead. You didn’t grow up with either one and the genetic factor on Anna’s genes making you good is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. First, you were and are a terrible person. Second, Anna and Alex are identical twins. They have the same genes and didn’t turn out the same.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m wagering that Peter doesn’t get exposed. I only had a sliver of hope before but it’s gone now. Also, WR chewed all kinds of scenery today.

I’m sure we were supposed to feel sorry for him today but I don’t know why I should care. Even if this was a better character, it was way too big a reaction to the news. The guy is what, 40 years old, maybe more? So the woman you thought was your mom for a couple of years is your aunt instead. You didn’t grow up with either one and the genetic factor on Anna’s genes making you good is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. First, you were and are a terrible person. Second, Anna and Alex are identical twins. They have the same genes and didn’t turn out the same.

So Obrecht's biiiiig announcement was just that Alex was Henrik's "mater"??? Nothing about how he framed her? BAH!

And Maxie just screeched it was a lie? (well the previews yesterday had her screeching)

(edited)

I guess from this that WR listened to TR's comment: 

Actors are storytellers, shapeshifters, chameleons. We're also in the business of cultivating trust bc that's how the best work is brought to life. We have to trust our imaginations, our instincts. We have to trust our fellow actors, because without them, there's no scene to play. In the collaborative efforts of bringing any show to life, we also have to trust our directors each day to steer the arch of our story (like a conductor with a symphony) & trust our writers who are tasked with composing the symphonies we play out. I came up in a world of classical theater, where trusting the play, text, story is essential to the tightrope balancing act of making magic.

You will never hear me critique (on any public platform) the people responsible for the creative opportunities I enjoy each day.

Without the trust of my writers, directors, producers & fellow actors, it would be impossible to live out my dreams. My job (& my only job) is to bring fearlessness, playfulness & passionate conviction to what has been created for me. My aim is to stretch myself (beyond the limits of where I think my boundaries may lye) each time I'm entrusted with material that allows those boundaries to be tested.

Every actor must believe they are the right person for their part or they will never achieve their potential, let alone surpass it. I was raised a gentleman & have two wonderful parents to thank for that, however, my polite personality (while rendering me easy to get along with on set) should have little bearing on my caliber of performance nor my castability as a professional.

I am leery of the pitfalls of social media & believe there are advantages to maintaining some mystery (even as a public figure) but I will always defend & protect what I hold dear (my job & my career) when they are publicly challenged, especially by those closest to me, whom I love & respect. Please know I bear no ill will. As a society, we are all still learning the full ramifications of living in an internet dominated culture.

To all my many fans out there who offer encouragement & support, I hear you & am grateful for you.
I'm having a blast... 🙂
Onward we go.

I put the rest of it in spoilers no spoilers just lots of typing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL-FEzEH9n7/?igshid=1oec34sf3gpsd

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ok just because you’re pregnant doesn’t mean you have to rest your hands on your belly ALL THE TIME.  I don’t know why but it really bugs me that Maxie is clutching her belly in every scene like she’s about to go into labor or something.  Not just today, every day!  Like we get it, you’re (playing) pregnant.

I felt so badly for Finn.  I like Anna and Finn.  I like their quiet, mature relationship (I know I’m a bit boring).  I wish she would just trust him for once.

Lucy asking Dante not how everyone around him was doing but how he was doing was nice.

I agree with whomever said in these comments that the show is actually pretty good right now, save for Carly.  She is a complete monster now.  Although I loved Sarah Brown, Tamara Braun was actually my favorite Carly.  She could be smug, but she had a vulnerability about her, and her cry face could just about break my heart.  I loved her as Kim as well....until she went crazy pants but I still liked the actress even then.

• Love 9

Well as always, nothing lives to its potential on this show. Everything fell flat.

Then we get Carly and her one facial expression, smug. Bitch, your son is a grown ass adult. He can make his own decisions about who and who shouldn't be in his son's life. And from where I'm sitting, the really toxic person in Wylie's life is Carly.

• Love 14

I forgot to comment on the little coffee date between Ava and Nina.  I loved it.  It just seemed natural, and I like that the show is letting us see some more female friendships now.  Ava gave good advice.

Lucy once again was compassionate with about the whole Jordan and Curtis situation.  I would love to see this Lucy more often rather then frenetic, anxious Lucy.

I also laughed at Willow going home and spilling all the wedding gossip to Carly and Micheal.  That just seems like a very realistic thing to do if one had just been to such a crazy event. I’m glad Michael found his balls for two seconds long enough to tell Carly that it’s his decision if Wiley has a relationship with Nina, NOT Carly’s.

• Love 17

How are we supposed to be on Carly's side if Nina is willing to compromise and she isn't?

The Ava/Nina coffee date was very nice and felt like a real friendship. they've come a long way. When I saw Ava's sweater, I thought Hey, that's like something that I would wear. That's a first for this show.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Every thing after this was to cover up his original crime. 

He maybe killed Drew as they never found a body. He initially was going to have a Andre//Franco killed but felt guilty about it and ended up killing the hitman that was going to kill them.

He helped Shiloh escape prison and then framed Sam for internationally killing Shiloh.

He framed Liesl for hiring the dead hitman.

Finally he released Franco’s medical records

Also he was complicit in Faison coming to Port Charles and failed to disclose who he really was, thus being indirectly involved in Faison shooting and killing Nathan.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not just that. Heinrik framed Obrecht for being behind the Jason/Drew memory swapping, keeping Jaysus a prisoner, and setting up Drew to be murdered.

Maybe that's what TR meant, that they brought Peter on grey and then made him darker and darker until it they had written themselves into a hole.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

But I will defend him when people go he's a bad actor - because I don't think he is. (

Well I would say  his "crying " scene after the reveal was MB level of bad acting

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

also laughed at Willow going home and spilling all the wedding gossip to Carly and Micheal.

I laughed because Michael and Carly were as shocked that a wedding went sideways as when someone from PC comes back to life.

And was was Carly all "gasp"  because Finn left Anna

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I laughed because Michael and Carly were as shocked that a wedding went sideways as when someone from PC comes back to life.

And was was Carly all "gasp"  because Finn left Anna

She was just shocked it didn't end in gunfire.

And I'm glad Michael got his balls out of storage and stood up to Mommy about Wiley--even if it will probably be short lived.  Carly reprimanding him about how SHE felt "blindsided" when she walked in on them bringing Wiley to visit Nina as if it was something that needed to be run passed her first?  Classic, toxic Carly.

29 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Well I would say  his "crying " scene after the reveal was MB level of bad acting

Speaking of, we've been blessed with a week of no Mike-Who-Has-A-Lot-Of-Good-Ideas-And-Works-Hard.  It's been lovely.

• Love 11

I didn't get to fully pay attention to the show today b/c of work, but I was not shocked that Maxie decided to marry Peter anyway. I honestly didn't understand why Valentin and Anna thought she wouldn't marry him. I don't even like Peter or Paxie, but I would have be shocked if Maxie had decided to not marry Peter just b/c his mother isn't who he thought she was. That has to be, IMO, the lamest reason to not marry someone. Peter is more than his mother so of course she told him they should get married anyway! If they didn't want her to marry him, they needed to spill more (better) secrets, which it looks like Valentin is going to finally do tomorrow! Thank goodness! I've been waiting for Maxie's world to blow up upon learning the truth about Peter, so I hope that finally happens tomorrow! Maxie has been an idiot about Peter, and I need to see her crushed! LOL! 

@dubbel zout - I am also completely over anything to do w/Wiley. I didn't even glance at my tv during the Carly/Michael scenes. I couldn't possibly care less about Wiley. I'm of the opinion that Michael should let Nina visit (if he wants) and not worry if she sings Nelle's praises to Wiley. Nelle is "dead," so who cares?! Nina talking to Wiley about his bio mother won't make Willow any less of a step-mother/mother figure or whatever. It's just not a big deal to me. It's certainly not interesting enough to be a main plot!  

@mostlylurking - I felt bad for Finn too. All the women in his romantic life have lied to him except for maybe his dead wife. He has a dead wife, right? I also like Finn/Anna. I will be interested in their conversation tomorrow. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

When is the hellspawn due?

This pregnancy has been going on FOREVER. I honestly don't remember how much time they were off because of Covid, but I do remember Maxie realizing she might be pregnant back in May, right before they took a break from new episodes. I know they are playing loose with timing because they didn't acknowledge the time they were off, but for the sake of the viewers the baby needs to be born soon. And not named Lou.

And we don't need another pregnant character for a long time. Too many babies/little kids around that we never see. We got an explanation for Georgie missing the wedding, but what about James? Shouldn't he be there to see his mother marry his uncle?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

And we don't need another pregnant character for a long time. Too many babies/little kids around that we never see. We got an explanation for Georgie missing the wedding, but what about James? Shouldn't he be there to see his mother marry his uncle?

His daddy, you mean. 

• LOL 2
(edited)

Oh my. That was some godawful laughably horrible acting by Ramsey. I could only 😆😆😆😆 and 🙄🙄🙄🙄.

What is he, 10?

And maybe I’m stupid, but why is “Anna is as bad as Alex! She LIED!!” Like Maxie’s screeching ass never lied. Her whole attitude and whiny, nasally screeching just smacks of blind desperation.

Oh look! Curtis is back! Now that Jackie and Gonzo are gone!

SHUT UP, Jordan.

Oh please, Valentin! Please expose Heinrik tomorrow!!! I will 🤣🤣🤣🤣 at watching it all implode in Maxie’s face!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

but I do remember Maxie realizing she might be pregnant back in May,

I am a couple of episodes behind due to my reliance on abc.com and I was just about to chime in the unpopular opinion thread about my disdain for Maxie.  But pairing her up with Britt, Obrecht and Nina made her less of a whiner and more of a woman of her age bracket.  Good Job Show!*  Scenes with FH and JP zip along whereas Anna/Finn just seem like an effort on both actors' parts.  FF for michael/willow/chase/sasha parts - Show really blew it on this age group.  Meanwhile, Carly/Jason just commit felony after felony without ANY repercussions.  How blissful this show would be without Sonny, Carly or Jason (and Michael).

*however pairing her with Peter did neither actor any favors as they truly do not seem to really dig one another.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 5

I also burst out laughing when WR tried to cry. For all his lengthy response to TR straight talk, I don't think he understands the character any more than we do. 

WTF with Obrecht announcing she would stop that wedding any way she had to and charging at Dante with her Bic Ballpoint out in front of her tipping everyone off that some weird shit was about to go down. Why not just click and go, Liesl?! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Wait, how and why are Ava and Nina friends?  I mean, I don't hate it, let them team up against Carly I say, but I have very little recollection about how they got to this place, given their very spikey history.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Ok just because you’re pregnant doesn’t mean you have to rest your hands on your belly ALL THE TIME.  I don’t know why but it really bugs me that Maxie is clutching her belly in every scene like she’s about to go into labor or something.  Not just today, every day!  Like we get it, you’re (playing) pregnant.

I felt so badly for Finn.  I like Anna and Finn.  I like their quiet, mature relationship (I know I’m a bit boring).  I wish she would just trust him for once.

[... ]

I agree with whomever said in these comments that the show is actually pretty good right now, save for Carly.  She is a complete monster now.  Although I loved Sarah Brown, Tamara Braun was actually my favorite Carly.  She could be smug, but she had a vulnerability about her, and her cry face could just about break my heart.  I loved her as Kim as well....until she went crazy pants but I still liked the actress even then.

That was me. I think the show is mostly good. 

Sarah Brown was my fave, but I really liked Tamara Braun too.

I really like Anna/Finn and I felt so bad for him. I thought that both ME and FH played their scenes so well. I can't wait to watch their scenes tomorrow 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, how and why are Ava and Nina friends?  I mean, I don't hate it, let them team up against Carly I say, but I have very little recollection about how they got to this place, given their very spikey history.

Basically they decided to team up against the Cassadines when Nikolas came back from the dead and pulled that stunt with Ava at the hospital and Nina knew Valentin was behind Sasha impersonating her daughter but was still pretending like she was going to marry him. It was out of nowhere though and neither of them really did anything but from then on, they have been friendly. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe that's what TR meant, that they brought Peter on grey and then made him darker and darker until it they had written themselves into a hole.

I think a big part of the problem was that they brought him on gray, but people still hated him because *le gasp* his girlfriend might have helped him get a job and because he was Anna and Faison's son. So, I think to rectify that and get more people to like him, they basically tried to turn him into a Dudley-Do-Right who was always trying to make up for his past and never make a wrong decision. When that wasn't necessarily working, they decided to go the stupidest thing, and go in the exact opposite direction, and have him make every wrong decision in the book to the point where he just kept doing evil things. And, yes, now they don't know what to do about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I am so, so sick of everyone on this show acting like Nathan was the most perfect man to ever perfect. I get that he's dead and all, but the dude was a block of wood with no real personality. He is not some saint that no man can ever aspire to compare themselves to.

I am also beyond sick of people like Obrecht, and especially, Valentin acting like Peter is the most evil who ever did evil. It's especially hypocritical coming from people who've done the kind of things Obrecht and Valentin. Though, at least with Liesl, she's coming at it from a place of revenge and from her love for her perfect Nathan. Valentin's attitude concerning Peter the last few episodes has been enraging. Valentin acting like Peter is beyond redemption and that he, Valentin, is some moral paragon who must protect people from him is laughable. Not that long ago Valentin picked up Ava like she was a sack of garbage and tossed her over a parapet and barely looked back, and has never expressed remorse about it, but he has the balls to play morality police?

I actually like Paxie, but I do think it's about time for the lies to come out, but I would laugh - and it would serve Liesl and Valentin right - if Maxie decided to marry him anyway despite everything they've done to stop the wedding. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think a big part of the problem was that they brought him on gray, but people still hated him because *le gasp* his girlfriend might have helped him get a job and because he was Anna and Faison's son. So, I think to rectify that and get more people to like him, they basically tried to turn him into a Dudley-Do-Right who was always trying to make up for his past and never make a wrong decision. When that wasn't necessarily working, they decided to go the stupidest thing, and go in the exact opposite direction, and have him make every wrong decision in the book to the point where he just kept doing evil things. And, yes, now they don't know what to do about it.

I think he was DOA as soon as they made him Anna/Faison’s son. Anna fans hated him and that retcon and it took way too long to change it. They were hinging on Anna and Maxie fans to become fans of Peter. Having newbies propped by vet characters hardly works because fans of those long term characters resent their faves having to play the supporting role in the story. It works better the other way around. Slowly bringing on new character and having them play a supporting role with a vet until the audience is used to them. 

• Love 3

This show would have been so much better if they'd made Tristan Rogers the lead male years ago.  Honestly, he could STILL be the lead- right now- and they'd be better off.  By a lot.  

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I am so, so sick of everyone on this show acting like Nathan was the most perfect man to ever perfect. I get that he's dead and all, but the dude was a block of wood with no real personality. He is not some saint that no man can ever aspire to compare themselves to.

He was a saint .... who was a block of wood lol.

Agreed about Obrecht, especially when she is using her son's (supposedly the person she is doing all this for) best friend so callously. Send her to prison again please.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I am also beyond sick of people like Obrecht, and especially, Valentin acting like Peter is the most evil who ever did evil. It's especially hypocritical coming from people who've done the kind of things Obrecht and Valentin. Though, at least with Liesl, she's coming at it from a place of revenge and from her love for her perfect Nathan. Valentin's attitude concerning Peter the last few episodes has been enraging. Valentin acting like Peter is beyond redemption and that he, Valentin, is some moral paragon who must protect people from him is laughable. Not that long ago Valentin picked up Ava like she was a sack of garbage and tossed her over a parapet and barely looked back, and has never expressed remorse about it, but he has the balls to play morality police?

While I love Valentin, he is full of it. Peter told him months ago about his involvement with Drew's disappearance and framing Liesl. It wasn't until Anna realized about what Peter did that Valentin started to say he had to protect the people that Peter loves. Maybe he is seeing Peter's desperation and thinks that he will still keep making costly mistakes as he tries to continue covering up his crimes and that ultimately will hurt Anna and Maxie in the end.

Once the truth comes out, Peter isn't really going to be arrested and sent to prison for his crimes. He may lose Maxie but they are still going to be connected as they both share a daughter who should be born any week now.

All those people are acting weird thinking that if Peter and Maxie getting married can't be undone considering very few couples in Port Charle stay happily married together. See Jordan and Curtis who didn't make it through their first anniversary.

• Love 3