Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I feel like those Cam/Joss scenes were awkward for the actors to film. I don’t know why, soaps have always shown teens discussing sex and it never seemed quite that awkward to me. I did appreciate that they showed him continually asking if she was okay as they made out on the couch. So now that they’ve settled this, how will Esme cause trouble with this weekend away? I hope Trina shows up to it and Esme gets pissy. 

Sonny is still so mean to Nina but it’s obvious he still has some residual feelings there and I want him to start being kind to her just to piss off Carly. How amazing would it be if she gave up her lifelong dream of having Jason, just to lose Sonny to Nina? 

• Love 13
Just now, DanaMB said:

I know I’m in the (extreme) minority, but I really like the vibe between Nina and Sonny. Not gonna lie, it surprises me, but there it is. 

I think that Nina and Sonny have nice chemistry; but I can't enjoy them because the  story makes no sense.

I enjoyed the Cam and Joss scenes much more than I'd expected to.  Joss was strangely self-aware, admitting that it was her competitiveness with Esme that was causing her to push for them to have sex; and I really appreciated how patient and supportive Cam was.  I do think that so much conversation about Esme in the midst of their attempt to have sex is indicative of things to come...

Also, I was pleasantly surprised that Scott played drunk to get info out of Ava.  I'm curious about what he'll do next.

And I'm actually starting to enjoy the Austin character/RoHo 4.0 (Todd, Franco, FrankenDrew, Austin).

• Love 12
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I think Cam and Joss are friends in real life so the chemistry is more brother and sister? 

I guess as I get older it weirds me out to see teen sex scenes on tv. 

Also, as a teen/young adult, a beer or two was always helpful in that situation. lol. But of course they can't (and shouldn't!) encourage teen drinking on tv .

Is it wrong that I think Link is kinda cute? Lol I don't usually like the bad boys...

Yes I think Eden has said Lipton is one of her best friends, and I do think that's an issue here.  Def brother/sister vibe to me. 

I still like a drink or two before!  And I'm no teen.  lol

27 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I know I’m in the (extreme) minority, but I really like the vibe between Nina and Sonny. Not gonna lie, it surprises me, but there it is. 

Oh, it's much better than Carly and Sonny. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

I like Austin telling Valentine that he was being played!

When he finally got around to telling that to Valentine, all I could muster was a, "Well, that's good," because everything he said leading up to that was making me think that he wanted to $hit-stir more than tell V the truth. And that just reinforces my belief that his character is basically worthless. 

I'll go sit in the corner now.

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

Curtis being told that that first act he had scheduled changed their mind because his club is at the very least mob adjacent. Curtis gets all serious and somewhat upset. Carly shows up at the club. No problem, Carly. Do you want me to unroll the red carpet for you? How about free booze like last time?

Curtis used to be an enjoyable character. He's not anymore. And I could give a fig about his club and this whole thing with Portia is 100% obnoxious. 

Chase 100% hot. 

BL's hairstyle, not so great. 

Scott playing Ava was inspired, I must say. Those scenes were good. 

The camera panning on the condoms reminded me of that defective condoms storyline that gave us Jake and Lulu's pregnancy. I was having some horrid flashbacks of the Summer of Sleaze. It was not good.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Much as I'm thrilled to not hear Elizabeth called "Biz" during her birthday party, I don't understand why "childhood bestie" and all nurses were missing/the only females present for it were her little niece and her son's girlfriend.

There was a throwaway line at the start of the party that the hospital staff threw Liz a party at work. Presumably Terry was there, when she could get time away from her busy job as CoS now that Britt is being held captive.

Cameron told Joss that his mother was going out with her friends that night when he was inviting Joss over to "study". I wonder what happened to all those friends that she went with only Finn.

1 hour ago, racked said:

Sonny is still so mean to Nina but it’s obvious he still has some residual feelings there and I want him to start being kind to her just to piss off Carly. How amazing would it be if she gave up her lifelong dream of having Jason, just to lose Sonny to Nina? 

I could get behind that!

• Love 6

Huh? Whuh? What the fuck was that? Is Peter Murphy on tour or something? I thought the Savoy was a jazz club?! I guess the cast was smiling because they know him, cuz no way in hell do I believe any of those characters are into 80's goth! Hilarious. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Scott playing Ava was inspired, I must say. Those scenes were good. 

I know! I like that they finally seem to be giving Scott some smarts for a change. I also like that Ava was mad but you know she won't hold the bamboozling against Scott.

• Love 8

When that “band” started playing whatever that was, I just kept staring at my screen. I kept waiting for everyone to start laughing, including the band. What in the holy hell was that supposed to be? I am ashamed for Curtis and his club. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel for sure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

When that “band” started playing whatever that was, I just kept staring at my screen. I kept waiting for everyone to start laughing, including the band. What in the holy hell was that supposed to be? I am ashamed for Curtis and his club. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel for sure.

he would have been better off saying the band got sick or something. 

and i find it hilarious that he's all. Oh hey carly, sonny, mob people come on in and sit down, considering i'm in this mess because of yesterday (?!?!?!). Honestly, I get it's a small town and all and everyone needs to kiss Carly/Sonny's boot,  but for crying out loud it would be awesome if someone said "no you can't be here because you're mob."

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Honestly, I get it's a small town and all and everyone needs to kiss Carly/Sonny's boot,  but for crying out loud it would be awesome if someone said "no you can't be here because you're mob."

But Sonny took care of it, Carly said oh so proudly! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

thought the Savoy was a jazz club?! I

Yeah that was my thought when they started singing. At least I think it was singing. I’m not really sure what that was, but I guess that’s a real band?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Huh? Whuh? What the fuck was that? Is Peter Murphy on tour or something? I thought the Savoy was a jazz club?! I guess the cast was smiling because they know him, cuz no way in hell do I believe any of those characters are into 80's goth! Hilarious. 

it is - but since all the jazz people stopped coming Curtis had to hire goth guy. 

• Love 1

I cannot believe this was a sweeps episode.  Aside from the Austin/Valentin and Scott/Ava scenes the rest felt like filler.  Watching MB stammer his way thru trying to remember his lines isn't fun no matter who his scene partner is and I really didn't need to see an entire segment devoted to some ~singer nobody as the cast smiles and nods like they're hearing Springsteen.  Also, Curtis won't have a club long if all he does is kiss the ass of certain townsfolk. 

• Love 7

I'd like to see Willow try to get on that table.  It wouldn't hold my cat.

Man, that "singer" just kept going on and on.  And the audience had to act like it didn't suck.  I thought something was going to happen.  Nada.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 11/8/2021 at 8:48 AM, ByaNose said:

Thank god someone else asked this. I thought it was just me. I guess it’s either a fashion thing or a height blocking issue like someone had mentioned. It is funny that I noticed it but they always seem to do wide shots of her which I always thought was odd. Thus me noticing the white tennis shoes. At least, mix up the color of them. They look comfortable and I’m sure she thrilled to be able to wear them for comfort alone. It’s a long day on those sets

The wide shots might be because her legs are so good.  She really is not only very beautiful, but well put together too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Curtis lost his bands because of the mob then has Sonny & Carly there?

The band wasn't good. 

Curtis booked a band, but they "double booked." Portia had a friend in the hospital who were musically inclined, and they decided not to show up either. Then it came out that because Joey got beat up it was mob related. Then Brooklyn's former agent said he had someone who didn't mind playing when he didn't have gigs, and then we had that crap. 

And you know, after hearing all of that (that people are avoiding the club due to mob activity), instead of telling Sonny and Carly, (politely) they weren't welcome there for obvious reasons, Curtis is all "hi y'all, welcome." because why not have Curtis kiss Corinthii boot.

• Love 5

I didn’t mind the music so much - there was an 80s vibe to it that I liked - but the singer with his over-the-top expressions and gestures and horrible lyrics was borderline comical.

I also liked the Sonny/Nina scene.  He’s gradually warming up to her, I can see this wandering into ‘emotional affair’ territory and I can’t wait until Carly finds out 😈

Chase rocks the Jason Morgan Fall Line way better than Jason Morgan ever could.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Years ago hubby and I went to see my friend's band (The Nymphs) and Peter Murphy was the headliner, hubby went to the men's room and there was some guy peeing next to him, the guy kept giving hubby weird looks and when Peter Murphy came onstage hubby was like "hey, that's the guy from the bathroom!" I guess his ego was bruised since hubby didn't recognize him lol Oh yeah, we left before he finished his first song lol

Show related, when Austin was rearranging the flowers in Valentine's room I wondered if that was a hint that Austin is on the spectrum like Leo. If so I imagine it was RH's idea and not the writer/director. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I didn’t mind the music so much - there was an 80s vibe to it that I liked - but the singer with his over-the-top expressions and gestures and horrible lyrics was borderline comical.

Were I a disaffected teen boy who thought he was goth, I'd be all over this music, I think.

• LOL 2
On 11/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, absnow54 said:

I feel like Sonny has enough drama between the Novak's and Cyrus to keep him busy. If anything, Brad would be to give Britt another person to interact with, and for Michael and Willow to have angst. 

When Brad was originally introduced, he had the hots for Michael.  Maybe they could revive that plot and Michael could have an Emmy award winning storyline where he realizes he’s been gay/bi the whole time and dumps Willow for Brad.

it’s more believable than anything they’re doing with Michael now.

Edited by Suicidy
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7
On 11/10/2021 at 1:48 PM, KittyQ said:

Re: First time sex - I didn't discuss either. Also there was a LOT more build up to it involving increasingly intimate interactions. Joss and Cam just don't seem to have much in the way of sparkage, and they are just jumping to the end game instead of enjoying the journey, so to speak. It seems more like Trina said, a check mark on the bucket list.

Trina does have good instincts, so maybe psychology is a possibility for her and she'd help people. Esme is most interested in the darker corners of human behavior. She's more interested in manipulation that helping.

None of this is at all realistic.  The writers should watch ‘American Pie’ or something.  Much closer to reality than all of this crap.

5 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Show related, when Austin was rearranging the flowers in Valentine's room I wondered if that was a hint that Austin is on the spectrum like Leo. If so I imagine it was RH's idea and not the writer/director. 

I've been wondering that since the whole "is Leo on the spectrum" started.

• Love 5

Today's Notes:
today's episode has been brought to you by Disney+

Olivia. shut up. (I needed to get that out of the way). Also pls don't hang that in the house. Robert says the kiss meant something and there was an attraction. (pls don't put Robert and Olivia together). Olivia is all i wanna be happy with you Robert, and I'm tired of fighting, can't I be happy. Cow, you are the reason why you aren't happy.   Robert is like you see me as a fantasy, not a real person.  She can't rely on ned (let the record show, because her husband is saying her child needs to get tested for illness). 

Olivia are you being a partner to Ned? 
Oh for god sakes. Robert: Well, if you do what Ned suggests, he'd back off. Olivia: well. yeah that makes sense. (well. THAT'S WHAT NED WAS SAYING ALL ALONG YOU DUMMY). 

Chase looks so yummy with his beard and his coat. Maxie is all "I'm going to report you to mac if you don't leave me alone." but Austin is all "sure i'll help you." so Maxie's like i'll be here so you don't be mean to Austin. 

Ned don't be sad about your shrew wife. dump her and find someone else. BLQ - sorry she's not listening to anyone and basically saying Leo is perfect. 

Curtis is too casual about the mob wanting to be in his business. Man in the Hat shows up to Curtis. 

Esme looking really fetch (I like that pink sweater) and she has her hair in pony tail. bonus points!!  Esme is like don't help spencer and Trina is like. cow, please. She cut her hand on something (Esme). Sheessh. 

I'm over Sonny giving moral advice esp because he's amoral. 

Chase is onto BLQ, asked why she's lying, and that she's lying about the night Bailey is born. -that's a nice cliffhanger.

• Love 8

I love sonny being like Spencer needed to take responsiblity for his actions when the heck has sonny ever took responsibility for his crimes.He came across as such a hypocrite lol.

So which one is esme going to do seduce cam get pregnant and try to pass the kid off as spencers 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Olivia. shut up. (I needed to get that out of the way).

Always warranted.

Thank Jasus Robert put the kibosh on any relationship between him and Olivia. I wouldn't have minded it a few years ago, but not now. At least he got her to see reason when it comes to Leo, not that it isn't anything Ned or Austin was saying, but I get that sometimes you need to hear the same thing from different people. Still, she's been particularly recalcitrant with this. I do wish Robert had told Olivia that your partner disagreeing with you doesn't mean they aren't on your side. 

"You can't just excuse everything away." Unless you're Sonny. LOL. Then it's a given.

Some P.I. Curtis is. Do the research on Link before you call him to a meeting, you nimrod. Forewarned is forearmed.

Good for Trina for telling Esmé to stuff it when it comes to her (Trina's) friendship with Spencer. Trina was right: If Esmé has a problem with it, she needs to talk to Spencer, not Trina.

• Love 7
On 11/11/2021 at 1:57 PM, Blackie said:

Was that singer a somebody ?? because that was pretty bad.

I could barely watch it with the second hand embarrassment. It was really bad. And everyone’s reactions shots bopping their heads like yeah, this is cool….ugh I couldn’t handle it. 

It was weird that Brooklyn was there. It didn’t seem like she was meeting anyone and didn’t even sit down. I guess it was just a plot point so she could see Linc again. Woohoo Austin’s got Valentin thinking now…watch out BLQ!

Portia telling Liz that it’s ok if she’s not ready to date yet was well intentioned but it almost sounded like she was pushing Liz to leave. I thought it was so she could go home and catch Cam and Joss in the act but thankfully that wasn’t the case. Just another weird non sequitur which is now normal on this show I guess.

Shawn giving Nina his number…I’m not mad about it. 

I liked the Cam and Joss talk.

• Love 3

When did Portia and Curtis become a couple? I thought they put the breaks on that after the whole we all almost died, Jordan just got sent to Single Kidney Hospital. I know I don't pay attention too much, but I was thrown by their kiss. 

Esme squeezed her hand so hard that she cut herself with her own nails. I guess it's some sort of mechanism to stop herself from flying off the handle and beat the living shit out of people? I think she has rage issues on top of everything else, but she did look good with her hair and makeup.

STFU, Liv. Ned totally did Liv dirty when he slept with Alexis, but Olivia was bored with her life for a long time and now it just seems like she's trying to pick fights with Ned because she's still bored with her life. It's too bad her son is caught in her issues. And frankly, it seems more and more like she's using Leo to be angry at Ned.

The Gladys actress is a good looking woman. Too bad Gladys is useless. 

And Chase looked positively gorgeous today. I think that if he finds out the truth about Bailey that he will insist that Valentin knows the truth. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I'm over Sonny giving moral advice esp because he's amoral.

Sonny " I didn't start at the top".  no you have to work your way up to mob boss with drug pushing, pimping, beatings, intimidations, threats and then a few murders to get to the top. WOW what an inspiration you are Sonny Corinthos  .  

The young actor who plays Spencer gave MB an acting lesson today. I laughed when he said "Really, is that all you have to say" I thought he was really talking to MB, because with his mumbling I thought he said "it is going to take water to get back" in response to Spencer asking "what can I do to earn your trust back"

So last night the college kids were almost having sex but tonight they are watching Disney's Jungle Cruise . Party

Chase is the Sexiest Man Alive!

Trina is great!

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I know I don't pay attention too much, but I was thrown by their kiss

Actually I was too. I guess that sexy music show last night really turned Portia on😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Were I a disaffected teen boy who thought he was goth, I'd be all over this music, I think.

This made me laugh because I just saw the Fraser episode when Freddie showed up as a goth

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I do wish Robert had told Olivia that your partner disagreeing with you doesn't mean they aren't on your side. 

me too. 
Honestly, I don't think Olivia knows how to be a good wife. I don't know where she got that if you are instantly don't bow down and agree with everything, you're not a good spouse, or they aren't on your side - they just don't agree with you.  

And Robert was clapping Olivia with some truthbombs. (I do think a bit of it was Robert flirting with Olivia, but imo i feel that Robert flirts with almost everyone female. maybe it's the accent LOL).  Ned isn't perfect - but Olivia has been having an emotional affair w/Robert for ages. I'm glad it basically came out

• Love 8

William Lipton is adorable and does a great job as Cam. I think he has injected some of his personality into the character too. Also he's a talented musician. But he still has such a baby face I feel like its kind of hard to think he's old enough to have sex. I'm so glad they played it to wait!

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

STFU, Liv. Ned totally did Liv dirty when he slept with Alexis, but Olivia was bored with her life for a long time and now it just seems like she's trying to pick fights with Ned because she's still bored with her life. It's too bad her son is caught in her issues. And frankly, it seems more and more like she's using Leo to be angry at Ned.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

i can't remember (since I don't care about Olivia). and i'm not justifying the one night stand, but didn't Ned think they were doing the sexy fun times too? there was a dumb reason why he slept with Alexis but it wasn't just "ALEXIS! Let's do it!"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

there was a dumb reason why he slept with Alexis but it wasn't just "ALEXIS! Let's do it!"

Olivia was travelling around Europe with Robert and ignoring his calls (which was actually Brook Lynn blocking them) so Ned thought that she was having a glamorous affair with Robert.  It was seeking solace from an old love. Meanwhile Alexis was drinking because Neal died in her bed of an overdose (in a completely unnecessary twist that went nowhere) and she had been disbarred.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

i can't remember (since I don't care about Olivia). and i'm not justifying the one night stand, but didn't Ned think they were doing the sexy fun times too? there was a dumb reason why he slept with Alexis but it wasn't just "ALEXIS! Let's do it!"

IIRC she was ignoring his calls and when she finally called back and left a vm, Brook Lynn erased it. He also saw a credit card charge for the hotel room in Monte Carlo. The set-up was really plot pointy. She was already back in town when he was still at that bar with Alexis but she didn’t call him or try to find him right away because she was avoiding him a bit as well since they were fighting a lot before she left town. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Meanwhile Alexis was drinking because Neal died in her bed of an overdose

yeah that kinda went no where fast. I guess they forgot

10 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

IIRC she was ignoring his calls and when she finally called back and left a vm, Brook Lynn erased it. He also saw a credit card charge for the hotel room in Monte Carlo. The set-up was really plot pointy. She was already back in town when he was still at that bar with Alexis but she didn’t call him or try to find him right away because she was avoiding him a bit as well since they were fighting a lot before she left town. 

thanks you two. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I'm so checked out I watch the first three minutes and the last three and coming attractions. Ugh.

Same for me.  I record it, find a live blog and read it.  If there’s something interesting, I’ll keep the episode.  If not, I just delete it without looking at it.  Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of deleting.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

Chase is the Sexiest Man Alive!

Josh Swickard really is a fine-looking man!  And on a show that loves to play down the police as inept, he's actually shown to be pretty sharp. 

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

Trina is great!

She really is.  I was smiling like a proud mother when Ned was rightly praising her for doing such a great job on the photo exhibit.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"You can't just excuse everything away." Unless you're Sonny. LOL. Then it's a given.

Also his "this isn't transactional" when Spencer thought his apologizing to Ava would get him in Sonny's good graces again.  I mean, safe fucking presumption given how Sonny runs every other part of his life.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 11

OMG, like a bunch of 18 year olds are going to watch Disney Jungle Cruise on a Friday night! They should have had Violet or Aiden do that commercial. 

Sonny was indeed insufferable. "You have to take ownership of your decisions." Jesus Wept. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I’ve realized that when MB comes on during this show, I automatically mute the sound. I cannot stand listening to him stutter, stammer, look off screen to read the words to say, etc, etc. This is so distracting and annoying to me that I can’t watch him on this show any longer. Retire, MB, and be grateful that you were employed so long on this show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5