Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Wasn't Spencer's boarding school in the South of France? That's hardly an hour away from London and Berlin. I'm continually astounded that maps are unknown to the writers.

Spencer renouncing his Cassadine ties is probably one of the most Cassadine things he's ever done, LOL.

LOVED Dianne's suit. The color, the style, all of it. She looked amazing.

Jason, if all you had to do to snap Drew out of his conditioning was yell at him using his naval rank, why didn't you try that sooner? This fakakta show.

Shut up, Sam.

• Love 10

I'm way behind and all out of order after my vacation (and engagement!) and was tempted to catch up on this thread but figured I saw today, so I'll comment on that.

Brad is Ms. Wu's nephew!!!!! Finally. I have a feeling he'll be getting sprung so am very happy to hopefully be seeing him again. Britt's going to need him big time. She looks really good in her naturally pretty state today. 

And Alexis is sprung too. Sam showed more emotion than she has in a while at the news. I hope Alexis and Harmony continue their friendship.

I didn't see the episode yet where Spencer told Nik to screw himself and the Cassadine money, but the flashback was incredibly impressive. NC can outact MC under the table.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm way behind and all out of order after my vacation (and engagement!) and was tempted to catch up on this thread but figured I saw today, so I'll comment on that.

Brad is Ms. Wu's nephew!!!!! Finally. I have a feeling he'll be getting sprung so am very happy to hopefully be seeing him again. Britt's going to need him big time. She looks really good in her naturally pretty state today. 

And Alexis is sprung too. Sam showed more emotion than she has in a while at the news. I hope Alexis and Harmony continue their friendship.

I didn't see the episode yet where Spencer told Nik to screw himself and the Cassadine money, but the flashback was incredibly impressive. NC can outact MC under the table.

ohoo congrats!!! that's fantastic!!

• Love 8

Can we please get one episode where Nikolas isn’t viewed as the scum of the earth?  I mean yes, he’s totally messed up on numerous occasions.  I don’t blame Spencer for turning his back on Nik after Nik abandoned him for three years.  What makes me crazy is the hypocrisy.  Nikolas is the worst, but Shawn is some sort of aggrieved party.  Alexis and Sam practicallly gloating that Spencer wants nothing to do with Nik is ridiculous.  Like those two are parents of the year or something (Alexis is a pretty decent parent actually, but Sam is another story).  Seeing Sam and her filler-bloated face trying to attempt a smirk was just nauseating.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 11

Nice to see Britt go toe-to-toe with Peter and not flinch.

"Now we know each other nine months less." Carly, you and Sonny have known each other for decades, so stop with this crap.

Also, Sonny holding this grudge against Brad because of stupid Wiley gives me a rage blackout. YOU WON. Take it and be gracious to Ms. Woo. I don't think you want her to doubt her loyalty and gratitude. Gah.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Alexis and Sam practicallly gloating that Spencer wants nothing to do with Nik is ridiculous.

This makes me sad. Alexis is Nikolas' aunt, and the only person still living who has been a part of his life for his entire life. I'm not saying she should always approve of what he does or never get angry with him, but that she would treat him like an enemy...well, it doesn't fit with who they are to each other. And for what? Hayden and Sean? Please.

Sam I can buy, I never thought they were that close to begin with and Nikolas has done some shit to her. But Alexis would be trying to mediate between Nikolas and Spencer, or at least trying to give advice.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 11

They finally tied Brad to Mrs. Wu. Yay!

Just think, if Mrs. Wu hadn't warned Jason, I would be spared two of the characters that i hate the most. She gets no thanks from me.

So now Sonny has pull with pardons as well as Nik? Great law enforcement in both Pennsylvania and Port Charles.

I'm so tired so the "nine months! nine months!". It makes it sound like it was 90 years.  Carly, you've known Sonny for 20 years, That's less than 4% of the time you've known him. I hate how the Corinthos clan feeds off of "X done me wrong".

They're pushing these EvilNina! EvilNik! far too hard.  There are worse people on the show.

I hope that Harmony can remain Alexis' friend still, and in spite of Sam. She's better for Alexis than Diane is. Diane is far too mobbed up and far too promoting of Carly's worst traits. Harmony is also the only one who can understand the pitfalls of going back to her old haunts.

Why are there crystal decanters and glasses at wherever Jason and Drew are chained up.  Do the Cassidines have such classy dungeons?

I love Drew even more now that he said that Jason should have shot him.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't Spencer's boarding school in the South of France? That's hardly an hour away from London and Berlin. I'm continually astounded that maps are unknown to the writers.

Isn't it an hour by plane? Air fares in the EU were super cheap then and people travelled a lot.

41 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I wish I had been tested as a child.

Unless you're under 30 and were really acting out, it's doubtful you would have been diagnosed. It's easy to not realize how new a diagnosis autism is. It first appeared in the DSM in1980, and it was only in 1987 that the diagnosis could be made for a child over 30 months of age.  I worked at a couple of child clinics in the 90s and while there were quite a few ADHD diagnoses, I don't recall any of autism.

if we take Olivia's age as LLC's 51, it's not surprising that she's reacting badly.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

And for what? Hayden and Sean? Please.

For Hayden  - who knows Nik had someone shoot her and doesn't care. Nik wasn't the reason why she left Violet. 

and for Shawn - WHO WAS THERE TO KILL DREW. Like. oh my god. and note how that never came up with Alexis and Shawn. How Shawn was there to kill her son in law and grandfather's kid. (yeah Scout didn't exist yet and maybe Sam and Drew weren't married yet but since Alexis is generating ALL this self-righteous anger....). notice how Quiet mr. #JusticeforHayden is about that around Alexis when she's spewing "who does that who murders someone like that."

both of them need to go kick rocks.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So now Sonny has pull with pardons

I am giving this show way too much credit - but I am going to assume they are going with the fact that people do have the right to talk to the parole board and speak about how the crime the person did impacted their lives etc. Movies and stuff do this like "so and so is up for parole, do you have anything to say about it?" and if it's negative the parole board can take that into consideration, where if it's positive it could help them

but since it's this show i am going to assume they mean actual pull and blackmail/threaten ppl on the parole board. (not pardon) I think only the Governor can issue pardons. 

• Useful 1

MB is horrible with the actress who was playing Ms. Wu. I felt bad for her.

MC or KM in those Alexis scenes, who was worse?  These actors are a chore to watch.  I liked KM at one point, was she always this bad?  Or was I simply biased because I liked the Drew/Sam pairing?

I liked the Drew/Jason scenes.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Hater said:

MC or KM in those Alexis scenes, who was worse?  These actors are a chore to watch.  I liked KM at one point, was she always this bad?  Or was I simply biased because I liked the Drew/Sam pairing?

KM has never been a strong actor. I can count on less than one hand the scenes or storylines she's been in where she's risen to the occasion. She did seem happier with Billy Miller, but otherwise she's usually pretty flat.

I saw on Twitter where someone was commenting that NC was doing the work for his confrontation with Nik, and MC was giving him nothing. He's beyond flat. He's just there.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

KM has never been a strong actor. I can count on less than one hand the scenes or storylines she's been in where she's risen to the occasion. She did seem happier with Billy Miller, but otherwise she's usually pretty flat.

I saw on Twitter where someone was commenting that NC was doing the work for his confrontation with Nik, and MC was giving him nothing. He's beyond flat. He's just there.

They should not be in scenes together, I think out of the adult cast- they're in the worst acting category.  Inga and NLG were good though.

MC getting out acted by a younger actor is fitting.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

Esme made me laugh "Where is a world class city around Port Charles NEW YORK?"

how about New York City????  Niagara Falls??? (I know this is not a world class city but definitely a huge tourist attraction for a lot of people from Europe)

Esme wants to go to Cabo which is the exact other side of the continent when Bahamas would be more of a weekend trip destination.  Where is Esme from anyways? Have they ever said? Obviously she is American but certainly doesn't know anything about geography (I will not comment on that further).

I wish Cam would have told her about the PC worm hole where they can go to Greece or Sonny's private Island  or Monte Carlo all within an hour.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
9 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Niagara Falls???

Cam mentioned the Niagara Falls trip with Oscar, Joss, and Trina.

I know, but Esme didn't seem to have a clue that she was in the vicinity of one of the top tourist destinations or North America, that's the point.

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
19 minutes ago, Blackie said:

how about New York City????  Niagara Falls??? (I know this is not a world class city but definitely a huge tourist attraction for a lot of people from Europe)

Esme wants to go to Cabo which is the exact other side of the continent when Bahamas would be more of a weekend trip destination.  Where is Esme from anyways? Have they ever said? Obviously she is American but certainly doesn't know anything about geography (I will not comment on that further).

I wish Cam would have told her about the PC worm hole where they can go to Greece or Sonny's private Island  or Monte Carlo all within an hour.

We know just about nothing of Esme’s past and Spencer doesn’t even seem interested. It’s possible she sold him some specific lies, and  since she was at an expensive boarding school I can see why he didn’t doubt she had money. But come on show, if you’re going to have her on this much, at least give the audience some background.  

Edited by racked
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Hater said:

MB is horrible with everyone, I feel sorry for everybody especially viewers of this show

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

With that said, I was once a Drew/Sam fan who hopes the pairing is not revisited because Sam is just terrible overall with the crap she's said about Drew since 2018.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Unless you're under 30 and were really acting out, it's doubtful you would have been diagnosed. It's easy to not realize how new a diagnosis autism is. It first appeared in the DSM in1980, and it was only in 1987 that the diagnosis could be made for a child over 30 months of age.  I worked at a couple of child clinics in the 90s and while there were quite a few ADHD diagnoses, I don't recall any of autism.

If Jane Elliott was still around, she could point out that the Elvis movie she costarred in in 1969 (Change of Habit) had an autistic child character.  I don't think they totally understood it and they got a lot wrong, but it was called by name.  I was surprised when I saw the movie not too long ago.

• Useful 2
21 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Spencer has blown it in terms of favours but maybe Sonny will lend them the island for Joss' sake. Unless Carly freaks out at the idea of her baby having sex.

12 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

If Jane Elliott was still around, she could point out that the Elvis movie she costarred in in 1969 (Change of Habit) had an autistic child character.

That was very forward of them. Leo Kanner created the term "infantile autism" in 1943 but it didn't become common until almost 50 years later.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

f Jane Elliott was still around, she could point out that the Elvis movie she costarred in in 1969 (Change of Habit) had an autistic child character.

OMG all I can think about is Elvis and Mary Tyler Moore!!!

OK to get on topic of the show: I have said before how I covet LW's hair but she really, REALLY needs a cut 

Sam going to see her mom in a prison like setting, wearing what looked like lingerie with all her cleavage on display, also for her cousin Nik, super classy!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Sam going to see her mom in a prison like setting, wearing what looked like lingerie with all her cleavage on display, also for her cousin Nik, super classy!

Ha! I don't know if any of you have ever had occasion to visit someone in prison, but I have, and there is, in fact, a dress code for visitors. One of the biggest rules is no tight, revealing, or see-through clothing. (The others were no clothes with profanity, or drug or gang references printed on it, and no clothes the same color as the prison jumpsuit.)

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Hater said:

She wasn't always this way, but she was never that great either. She did have charisma though. I never saw Port Charles but even friend of mine who never has a nice thing to say about her was a fan of her on there, so I don't know what happened between there and here. Just much better writing I guess?

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Toronto is much closer to Port Charles than NYC. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Toronto is much closer to Port Charles than NYC.

yes and I should have tooted my own horn!! I am too COVID ingrained, I was just thinking it would be easier for them to got to New York City, or at least Esme should have mentioned it as on par with London and Berlin.

• Love 2

Sam to Nik: "I don't care for your methods." As if she has ever considered the law or morality in anything she's done! WOW. 

Esme's face when Spence said he renounced his father's fortune needs to be one of those meme things. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

WHY is Esme so obsessed with whether Joc and Cam have had sex and with getting them to go on a weekend away with her and Spencer? I totally understand Joc’s attitude towards her; it’s annoying the heck out of me. The sex part is none of her damn business 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, DanaK said:

WHY is Esme so obsessed with whether Joc and Cam have had sex and with getting them to go on a weekend away with her and Spencer? I totally understand Joc’s attitude towards her; it’s annoying the heck out of me. The sex part is none of her damn business 

She’s a trouble maker who gets a kick out of stirring shit. Or maybe she thinks if they’re busy having sex they won’t notice her nefarious plans being set in motion. In reality though it’s just to move that plot point along. When she first came to town I thought she hated Ava all on her own but she seems to have lost interest in that. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Sam is all "pft. i know you work here so are you FRIENDS with my mom?" with Bitch face.

She's just the most unpleasant person.  Even when she's supposedly happy, she seems almost annoyed about it.  And, yes, MC and KeMo in scenes together is the cure for insomnia.  Talk about a void of charisma.

I actually really liked Spencer and Cam's sex talk where Spencer explained the sort of 'nosy' attitude towards everyone knowing everyone's business at boarding school.  And he immediately backed off, so I really think he's trying to be a friend to him. 

MB was absolutely awful in his scenes with Ms. Woo.  And the entire mood of the scenes, re 'kiss the ring,' was so gross.  Also, nice to know his kids rank below Jason in the people he's closest, too.  Father of the Year, my ass.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 11

Britt's scornful yet bored attitude as LWB/FS postured in their scenes today was an absolute delight.  

At least she'll have a nice surprise waiting for her at home.  Way to come through for Brad, Mrs. Wu!  And shut up, Sonny.  How long did you serve time for AJ's COLD-BLOODED MURDER?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

Speaking of Britt, how about Carly saying sure, Jason wanted to help her find her mother, but he REALLY left town because he needed to put distance between himself and her, his true love.  In the 'hey, I got a word of the day calendar'  wise words of Sonny, the hubris!! 

• LOL 7

Alexis and Sam are really holier than thou attacking Nikolas. Alexis practically was his only family since he was born, she should be more with him.

Esme seems to have no money for somewhere to live. It makes no sense if she claims to have rich parents.

• Love 4

I'm fine with Alexis and Sam giving Nikolas attitude.  He did threaten to keep Alexis in jail to cover his tracks for a crime that he committed (even though I'm pretty sure that they both knew about his crime prior to the retcon).  

I was pretty sure that Brad was related to Ms. Wu, but I'm glad that it's become canon on the show

Also, I have been waiting for Spencer to find out about Cam and Trina's flirtation, and I derived a great deal of pleasure from seeing how jealous he was.  I'm wondering if he'll bring it up with Trina (because he seemed to want to ask Cam more questions), and if he'll learn about them kissing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Alexis and Sam are really holier than thou attacking Nikolas. Alexis practically was his only family since he was born, she should be more with him.

I don’t enjoy how Alexis is acting towards Nikolas but I suspect it won’t last since this Hayden SL is wrapping up and they’ll make up. Or I guess I’m assuming it is since Nik said today he had no intention of keeping her in prison and Shawn realized that trying to go after Nikolas was a waste of time. However, I don’t recall Alexis ever getting really angry at Nikolas before though so it doesn’t seem in character for me. She’s actually the opposite and was quite often blind to his faults or excused them. It was one of those relationships I’ve always loved since we always saw the bond between them and it pre-dated their arrival in town so I hope it’s not permanent. 

Sam was unfortunately in character so I think she’ll remain the same. I have trouble liking her character because she’s unnecessarily rude and judgmental most of the time, which is especially annoying when she’s far from perfect herself. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

For Hayden  - who knows Nik had someone shoot her and doesn't care. Nik wasn't the reason why she left Violet. 

Oh he is totally responsible for that.

Valentin knew that Hayden was working to get something to turn change the results of his gaining control of the Cassadine legacy. She was going to tell him because she didnt want to put Violet in any possible danger. Valentin was going to bribe her. Nikolas panicked and was afraid that she would talked so he hired a goon to scare the hell out of Hayden. Hayden was afraid that Valentin would go after Violet so she left Violet with Finn to keep her safe. But it was all a lie concocted by Nikolas.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Valentin knew that Hayden was working to get something to turn change the results of his gaining control of the Cassadine legacy. She was going to tell him because she didnt want to put Violet in any possible danger. Valentin was going to bribe her. Nikolas panicked and was afraid that she would talked so he hired a goon to scare the hell out of Hayden. Hayden was afraid that Valentin would go after Violet so she left Violet with Finn to keep her safe. But it was all a lie concocted by Nikolas.

For the longest time, I thought Nickolas had shot Hayden himself. It was so long ago and I think Tyler Christopher was still play him but I had forgotten all of the details. Unless, they are bringing back Rebecca Budig (I wish they would) there is no point continuing on with the storyline. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Alexis and Sam are really holier than thou attacking Nikolas. Alexis practically was his only family since he was born, she should be more with him

Before Alexis went to prison she had a therapy session with Kevin in which she opened up about her father Mikkos.  She was able to remember how he had beaten her mother.  She went to prison the next day and was not in an emotionally or physically safe space to process her feelings about her father.  I think her anger towards Nickolas has more to do with Mikkos, Stavoros, Helena and the rest of the Cassidines.  Alexis has always held out hope that Nicholas would be the GOOD Cassidine.  Both Alexis and her nephew grew up in a royally dysfunctional cut throat family and they are both damaged.  I hope the two can work through their issues and invite Valentin for a game of Cassidine-how effed up is our family-poker.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So has Mo finally kicked the shoe polish for good??

I wonder if they are trying to pull Brad into some mob storyline.

Seems like a peculiar time to suddenly spice up the teen storylines.  It reminds me of when they tried it with Molly, Rafe, TJ, and Felix's sister some years back.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t enjoy how Alexis is acting towards Nikolas but I suspect it won’t last since this Hayden SL is wrapping up and they’ll make up. Or I guess I’m assuming it is since Nik said today he had no intention of keeping her in prison and Shawn realized that trying to go after Nikolas was a waste of time. However, I don’t recall Alexis ever getting really angry at Nikolas before though so it doesn’t seem in character for me. She’s actually the opposite and was quite often blind to his faults or excused them. It was one of those relationships I’ve always loved since we always saw the bond between them and it pre-dated their arrival in town so I hope it’s not permanent. 

Sam was unfortunately in character so I think she’ll remain the same. I have trouble liking her character because she’s unnecessarily rude and judgmental most of the time, which is especially annoying when she’s far from perfect herself. 

Well, Nikolas did know about Jason being alive and kept it from her.   I don't have a problem with Sam not being lovey dovey with her cousin who really betrayed her. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

ahh. okay thanks

i was totally wrong. thanks for filling things in :)

12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I actually really liked Spencer and Cam's sex talk where Spencer explained the sort of 'nosy' attitude towards everyone knowing everyone's business at boarding school.  And he immediately backed off, so I really think he's trying to be a friend to him. 

That was such a refreshing scene! Spencer respected Cam's boundaries, and they both had a mature conversation. In fact, Spencer and Cam showed more maturity during that scene than any of the adults have in YEARS. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Does anyone care if Joss and Cameron have sex? Other than their mothers, that is.

Welcome November sweeps. This is almost as boring as Millowtonin.

I feel like I almost spoke this into existence. I was kind of harping on the fact that these teens are unrealistic, not even talking about sex. Then all of a sudden you get scenes like we had yesterday. And it was funny, when Cam started saying they were busy and caught up with school, Sonny returning from the dead, etc. it actually made sense to me! 

16 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

Congrats.  I LOVED St Lucia and will definitely be going back

Thank you so much. :) It's such a gorgeous and breathtaking island. The scenery is beyond amazing. I want to go back too.

I should be happy about scenes involving Alexis, Nik, and Sam discussing Cassadine affairs. But this Nik is very underwhelming and I can't get invested when the show barely remembers their past or retcons it altogether.

• Love 3

Oh yay. Millowtonin and Carly and Gladys and Peter

oh wow. GH bringing out all the awesome

Michael: why do we have to talk behind closed doors? (because why would you spill your business in public you dumby). Oh.hypocritical speech. gotta love it. 

Gladys: you dumby. if you spill the tea you don't get blackmail stuff. But BLQ won, but now Austin sees Maxie paying off Kip

..... showing a card and saying "your active" triggers it? good gravy. 

So last month Wiley was all about SPACE! now it's WHALES! i guess he doesn't like all  his stuff he got for his birthday.

ehh-meehh.meeh. 
i just don't care about most of these people, except the BaileyLou thing and that's a crawl now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

A new Wiley, whose expression in that photo Michael took with Carly was me. Heh.

The promo where Sonny whisper-threats that Nina has no idea what he can do with his power cracks me up. It's hilarious to me that the show still insists Sonny is someone who controls all.

I really wanted the grapes that Kip grabbed to be rubber. Yes, he's going to be a roaring success. I can see that right from the start. GOD.

"I only want him gagged, which seems a bit redundant since he never talks." Hee. Peter gets some good lines every now and then.

22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

..... showing a card and saying "your active" triggers it? good gravy. 

They don't even try.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2