Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

That scene was weird and disjointed.  This is all the same day, as evidenced by Spencer's clothes.  So he went to the gallery to talk to Trina about his issues and she opened a can of whoop ass on him.  He went back to Kelly's to get his job back.  Went to visit Alexis, who told him to go to the hospital to get his hand checked out.  He runs into Trina at the hospital and she talks to him in a nice and friendly manner as though she didn't just see him two hours ago and tore a strip off of him.   I think those two scenes must have been shot days apart and the actors didn't realize they would air in back to back episodes.  

I heard that there had been lots of reshoots, so maybe the writers forgot what had actually happened in the previous episode.

Edited by drtslim
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Way to think about manipulating Finn, Shawn. You're still garbage and deserves to be in jail.

He used Spencer, now he's threatening to use Finn AND Violet, but it's for #JusticeforHayden so he'd love us to believe.  God, I cannot stand his smug ass. 

Previews: Oy, Elizabeth, do not tell me you're actually advising Carly to go after Nina because if someone "came between me and my family I'd make them pay."  Does she not remember hiding Jake Doe's ~identity from him????? 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He used Spencer, now he's threatening to use Finn AND Violet, but it's for #JusticeforHayden so he'd love us to believe.  God, I cannot stand his smug ass. 

Previews: Oy, Elizabeth, do not tell me you're actually advising Carly to go after Nina because if someone "came between me and my family I'd make them pay."  Does she not remember hiding Jake Doe's ~identity from him????? 

FV has essentially scrubbed out most of Miller's time as whoever he was playing on the show except in relation to Scout.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

That scene was weird and disjointed.  This is all the same day, as evidenced by Spencer's clothes.  So he went to the gallery to talk to Trina about his issues and she opened a can of whoop ass on him.  He went back to Kelly's to get his job back.  Went to visit Alexis, who told him to go to the hospital to get his hand checked out.  He runs into Trina at the hospital and she talks to him in a nice and friendly manner as though she didn't just see him two hours ago and tore a strip off of him.   I think those two scenes must have been shot days apart and the actors didn't realize they would air in back to back episodes.  

Are we sure that it's the same day?  Trina is wearing different clothes.  She had on pants and a sweater on Tuesday, and today she was wearing a dress.  Plus it looked like the gallery was closed and Trina was staying after-hours on Tuesday; but today it was still open with Ava and Ned there.  I'm getting a headache trying to find a way for it to make sense.

• Love 1

Maybe Spencer is too poor now to have more than one outfit. I love the idea of Nik not letting him back to Spoon Island to get clothes (but forgetting to cancel his car and health insurance). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Spencer doesn't need insurance. As it has been shown time and again, you can simply walk onto any floor at GH, tell the first doctor you see that you have X issue, and they will immediately take you into a exam room and treat you, regardless of their actually specialty, no paperwork required! 

I had to laugh at the dog painting. It looked like Violet painted it. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 11/1/2021 at 1:47 PM, mostlylurking said:

And on DOOL they have gone back to the whole Marlena is the devil story.  So yeah, not exactly groundbreaking stuff on all of daytime.

Seriously?  Holy shit, that’s really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Love 1
On 11/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, TVbitch said:

No fucking way would Liesl not throw that acid right in Peter's eyes. 

Um, so since the recording didn't really incriminate Nik, Spinelli asks Sean if he wants Spinelli to doctor the recording. Sean asks if there any chance the cops could figure out it is doctored, to which Spinelli says there is a chance, so Sean says, then no it would have to be fool proof. If Spinelli had said it would be undetectable, Sean would have no problem fabricating evidence against Nik. He doesn't even know 100% if Nik is guilty. So he would be committing a crime and might send the wrong person to jail. But hey, keep seeking your justice. 

And laugh maniacally, as Peter howled in agony, and futilely clutched at his own melting eyeballs.  THAT would have been hilarious.

• Love 2
On 11/2/2021 at 1:05 PM, ffwbe said:

Surprisingly, I liked their scenes as well. However I think the big elephant in the room is that Alexis could and should go to rehab once she gets out like she should have done in the first place. Not like she couldn’t afford it so it isn’t a reason to stay in prison. 

Isn’t she receiving treatment in prison?  Prisons usually have substance abuse programs available, and the inmates have a surplus of time for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Spencer doesn't need insurance. As it has been shown time and again, you can simply walk onto any floor at GH, tell the first doctor you see that you have X issue, and they will immediately take you into a exam room and treat you, regardless of their actually specialty, no paperwork required! 

That's what happened with the Man with a Hat that pumped TJ for info while acting like a patient who didn't even give his name to get treated.

The Man with Hat is definitely Curtis long lost and presumed dead dad.

But sure show, a nearly 70 year old beat up a man decades younger than with in an of his life.

Last we saw Man wiith a Hat we saw that he overheard Joey tell his minion that he was going to give trouble to Curtis and then gave him a dirty look.

I loved Valentin and his line that he loves being right.

Meanwhile Nikolas continue to look sketchy as hell and he was outplayed by Shawn.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

like i said-  it was to pay homage to one of their more iconic storylines (since it's 25 years since it happened) - i don't think it's really barrel scrapping. 

26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Meanwhile Nikolas continue to look sketchy as hell and he was outplayed by Shawn.

i would have had more respect for Shawn had he said he'll work with Nik but not touch the money 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

Isn’t she receiving treatment in prison?  Prisons usually have substance abuse programs available, and the inmates have a surplus of time for them.

It was never confirmed that there is a program in the prison. But even if there is, the most dangerous time for.falling off the wagon is when you go back to your old life, the place where you were drinking, because it is too easy to fall back into all the old patterns. Alexis is right to be concerned.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Suicidy said:

And laugh maniacally, as Peter howled in agony, and futilely clutched at his own melting eyeballs.  THAT would have been hilarious.

I feel like an eye patch would actually improve his performance. 

• LOL 7
11 hours ago, Suicidy said:
On 11/1/2021 at 3:47 PM, mostlylurking said:

I know that’s what I was thinking too. Apparently it was to celebrate the anniversary of the first time they did that story but I don’t watch all the time so when I saw it I was like Damn, how many times have they gone to this well??

• Love 1

I thought that Alexis was disbarred - wasn't that one of the things that contributed to her drinking (after her boyfriend's death)? If so, why would anyone ask her to represent them. Maybe give them some general advice, but she couldn't defend them. Am I remembering this correctly?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I thought that Alexis was disbarred - wasn't that one of the things that contributed to her drinking (after her boyfriend's death)? If so, why would anyone ask her to represent them.

Spencer is not the brightest bulb in the Cassidine chandelier.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer is not the brightest bulb in the Cassidine chandelier.

Cut him some slack. He comes from the school of "Do you know who my father is?" and is just now learning about "repercussions."  

• LOL 10

Today's Notes:

Esme is looking fetch. (but minus one for no ponytail). 

Ava right to the gut: oh Carly, i heard about the Savoy, i hope you are okay, oh Sonny i heard about Novak, and it looks like a mob war so do you think AVERY IS BETTER STAYING WITH YOU?! hahaha 

I loathe Carly and Sonny.  Sonny throws Spencer (his nephew, who he basically condoned his behaviour but said "next time don't do family.") back in Ava's face and says that they need counseling and Carly is throwing smug faces. Let's just review: Ava realized Avery could be in danger and moved heaven and earth to ensure her safety. There is going to be a mob war, and Sonny and Carly are like "we're good." this is why Joss needs to die. 

Shawn and Alexis: shut up
i can't stand this hypcrosity . "I can't stand blackmail, but since it's someone i'm mad at, it' all go good" Shawn "I'm not going to take money from that conniving bastard," but we're going to ignore the fact that i'm still a person who was a hit man. and had no problems trying to kill someone. 

THAT'S HOW BAIL WORKS. IF YOU PAY BAIL, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO NOT BE IN JAIL. SHUT. UP. ELIZABETH.  Hey, I hope Carly gets all the justice she deserves too. 

I'm so tired of this crap. Sonny can threaten and kill everyone who bothers him so. like. tit for tat dude. like. Jason is allowed to blow up his family- and what Joey is supposed to be okay with it? And now Sonny is talking about hubris?! this show. i swear to god. 

Oh Hey  - Joss is talking about her mother! teehee. 

I know everyone is going to say "yay trina! spencer deserves that." but i mean. he does need a lawyer (a good one). he does need somewhere to live, and where he's working isn't enough to pay for that (yet). Nor did he say if he got the money he'd quit Kelly's. he needs to supplement it. He never said (or implied) that it was beneath him (In the last two days anyway). if you wanna call him on the lies, go ahead. but if you wanna be "done with him." then .... just stop talking to him. Ava doesn't need you to be a valkyrie defender gatekeeper, Trina. Let Ava call him on the bull, and let Ava decide how they wanna approach it. that's really not up to you.

And now Spencer disowns Nik. that was sad. I nearly teared up.

SHAWN. NIKOLAS NEVER SCREWED YOU OVER. YOU SCREWED YOURSELF OVER. SHUT. UP. 

Carly getting turned on by gangster Sonny. whatever. 

I should have taken a nap. 

• Love 20

Why is it that Valentin can say who can come in to see him but Joey Novak in the ICU has to lie there and be tortured and blackmailed by Sonny? General Hospital is now an extension of the Corinthos mob? And I really doubt that the rest of the Novaks are going to just let this happen.

Hubris should strike Sonny and Carly  but they are protected by the writers. CARLY NEEDS TO GET THE JUSTICE SHE DESERVES.

Joss doesn't need to study "manipulative, conniving women who will do anything to say or do what they want no matter who gets hurt." She was raised by Carly. Lady Macbeth had a conscience, unlike Carly.

35 minutes ago, Daisy said:

this is why Joss needs to die.

Totally.

Aiden and Jake are at sleepovers when it's it's Liz's birthday?

Spencer is such a drama prince.

It's Nik who is clever, not Shawn, for putting the money into a non-profit.  Shawn doesn't benefit personally and Nik gets the tax break.

Oh look, Our Hero Shawn. the 'good guy' ,is now blackmailing Nik as well as willing to create a false recording. Over what? Shawn can't prove that Nik did anything so what does he have to hold over him?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is it that Valentin can say who can come in to see him but Joey Novak in the ICU has to lie there and be tortured and blackmailed by Sonny? General Hospital is now an extension of the Corinthos mob? And I really doubt that the rest of the Novaks are going to just let this happen.

Being a part of the "Five Families" means you automatically grant all members familial privileges. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is it that Valentin can say who can come in to see him but Joey Novak in the ICU has to lie there and be tortured and blackmailed by Sonny? General Hospital is now an extension of the Corinthos mob? 

No, but its sister institution is the Port Charles jail, which has Berate a Detainee hours daily. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Aiden and Jake are at sleepovers when it's it's Liz's birthday?

I think because Liz was going out with friends after the small family party so it is her free baby sitting. Luckily Cam isn't being saddled with it so he gets free fun time with Joss ;)

MB looks like hell for some reason, almost as bad as Joey Novak and he was the beat up guy

• Love 2

Sonny - I think when you think about hubris, you should look in the mirror. Or maybe get a family painting, because I think Carly fits the description, too. While I think Joss is being a self-righteous pill, I'm going to let her slide a little because she's at the age when most people are under the impression that they know everything and are smarter than anyone they know. Maybe she'll grow out of it, but sadly, nature and nurture are against that in her case.

• Love 9

Spencer and Trina continue to be bright spots for this show. Nicholas and Sydney both brought it today and a good chunk of the adult actors could learn a thing or two.

Also when did Liz become such a Snarly propper? Is it because the writers can only prop up the same 3 characters and then the rest just have to bow down to them?

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Spencer and Trina continue to be bright spots for this show. Nicholas and Sydney both brought it today and a good chunk of the adult actors could learn a thing or two.

They should be the ones giving MB notes. I hope he doesn't go near them about mentoring their acting. We saw the result with other actors who were under his tutelage.

It's truly terrific that Carly essentially thanked Sonny having Joey beaten within an inch of his life, then was kind of outraged that someone else did it. Because who would do such a thing if not Sonny and his goons?!?!?!?

Stuff it, Elizabeth.

Now Joss is all hard up about having sex. But seriously, what's Esme's endgame here? Poke holes into the condoms? Take pics? That whole thing is just weird.

And again, Esme, who in the fuck is going to pay for your weekend gateway that you're hyping up? You CANNOT afford it.

I did like Trina telling Spencer to slum it like the rest of the world, but I'm also not sure that he understood what she meant by being his own man. Dodo bird, she didn't tell you to not be a Cassadine or reject your father. But those scenes were well acted, so here's a pass for you kiddos.

Carly and Joss should be sucked into a black hole.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

And again, Esme, who in the fuck is going to pay for your weekend gateway that you're hyping up? You CANNOT afford it.

also, Joss clearly hates you and can barely stand you in PC.  Why would she want to rent a cabin with you?  Esme's being super weird with this story, unless the plan is to seduce Cam away from Joss.  

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

also, Joss clearly hates you and can barely stand you in PC.  Why would she want to rent a cabin with you?  Esme's being super weird with this story, unless the plan is to seduce Cam away from Joss.  

Why would she do that, though? Her sleeping with Cam would blow up her relationship with Spencer, wouldn't it?

Does Cam have a trust fund? I could have sworn someone had set money aside for him, but I might be thinking of Jake. 

On 11/3/2021 at 3:11 PM, Daisy said:

I did a double-take at that, but patients can refuse any visitor and limit who gets health updates.

I can vouch for that.  I was in the hospital recently and the dr. asked my permission  to talk to my husband while he was n the r,oom.     

O'm sure MB is a wonderful person who loves God, Mom apple pie and his family but FFS he can't even read the cue cards.

I am pretty sure Esme is running a long con.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

And now Sonny is talking about hubris?! 

"It's arrogance on steroids."  Never mind a lightning strike, how did a giant hellmouth not open up and swallow him whole?  OMG, I can't!  Between that and his and Carly's smug faces to Ava in regard to Avery's safety there are flames coming out the side of my face.  And, please, as if Carly is picking up Donna's ear infection medicine and not one of her minions.  Sure, you're Mother of the Year, you cow.  Also, were her ears burning when Joss was talking about her?  Manipulative shrew is Carly to a tee.

Now and forever, shut up Shawn.  Noble you are not.  Talking bribe money that you blackmailed from someone is a crime.  Just because you THINK it's justice doesn't make it so.  Also, you were a mobster/hit man (albeit a shitty one), so your moral high ground is built on quicksand.

• Love 12

As galling as it was, I am just glad they are ending Shawn's whole stupid justice for Hayden Violet Hayden's mother ME crusade. Let him and Alexis run the charity fund and start sleeping together again or whatever. 

Um, like the rest of the Novak family is just going to be like, "Oh hey Joey, you say you gave all of our territory and assets to Sonny, cool, where do we send the check!" 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Does Cam have a trust fund? I could have sworn someone had set money aside for him, but I might be thinking of Jake.

My memory is fuzzy, but I think Jason set up trust funds for both Cam and Jake (this was before Aidan was born), but Elizabeth lost them due to bad investment advice from...Steve? Maybe.

• Love 1

I don’t think Cam has any secret money stashed away. Didn’t he turn down Stanford because he couldn’t afford it?

I don’t know what Esme’s angle is, except to screw with Joss. Her tie to Ryan explains why she was so committed to stalking Ava, but I don’t see any connection to Joss or Cam. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

My memory is fuzzy, but I think Jason set up trust funds for both Cam and Jake (this was before Aidan was born), but Elizabeth lost them due to bad investment advice from...Steve? Maybe.

Not exactly...she heard of some new medical tech from Steve and wanted to jump right on it. Steve didn't encourage her to do it (and might have voiced a reservation) and like a week later it went down the tubes because that is how investments work. "Wow, I just lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in a couple months, I won't question it any further" it takes longer than that since medical technology sometimes takes decades to develop. 

Give Sydney Mikayla the Emmy now. The scene where she tells Nicholas off  at the art gallery was amazing. She has grown so much as an actress in the role as Trina. She (the writers) hit all the bullet points with Spencer and she laid right into him. Bravo!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I don’t think Cam has any secret money stashed away. Didn’t he turn down Stanford because he couldn’t afford it?

I think he turned it down because Franco's untreatable brain tumour was diagnosed and Cameron thought that his family needed in Port Charles.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

He had a full scholarship to Stanford and he turned it down to attend PCU where he will need to pay tuition. Only on this show do teens turn down elite schools and end up attending PCU.

35 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Can't wait to hear about Shawn's Charity Foundation.  Daily.

It can't be worse that Courtney's Charity that she set up with the money she inherited for not saving the rich woman's dog in the PC Hotel fire.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It can't be worse that Courtney's Charity that she set up with the money she inherited for not saving the rich woman's dog in the PC Hotel fire.

That's what I meant.  SWSNBN's "My Foundation"

Edited by ciarra
27 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He had a full scholarship to Stanford and he turned it down to attend PCU where he will need to pay tuition. Only on this show do teens turn down elite schools and end up attending PCU.

what is stupid is- stanford offered him a FULL scholarship, and PCU didn't? the heck?

• Love 2
Just now, Daisy said:

what is stupid is- stanford offered him a FULL scholarship, and PCU didn't? the heck?

I am not 100% but I thought Cam also got room and board. He literally turned down Stanford so he could help Liz pay the bills for his tuition.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I am not 100% but I thought Cam also got room and board. He literally turned down Stanford so he could help Liz pay the bills for his tuition.

no what i mean is usually, if one school gives you full scholarships, other schools tend to as well. I can't see sanford offering him EVERYTHING, and PCU is like. "you're good." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

no what i mean is usually, if one school gives you full scholarships, other schools tend to as well. I can't see sanford offering him EVERYTHING, and PCU is like. "you're good." 

Oh I agree but it was just silly the way that they wrote it. Stanford was his dream school and he got a full ride but he turns it down to go to PCU. Just say he decided to stay because Franco died and he thought that his mom needed him. The only reason I know that he is working at Kellys to help with the tuition is because Laura shamed Spencer for making fun of Cam for working there and she told that was the reason why Cam worked at kellys.

8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Can't wait to hear about Shawn's Charity Foundation.  Daily.

Did you know he's the administrator and has the power to appoint other administrators?  If not, don't fret, I'm sure it will be mentioned again.  And again.  And again.  Along with how this is #justiceforHayden.

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, Daisy said:
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

I am from Canada so I was under the assumption that if you went to your local state college then it was pretty much free, or pretty cheap. If you wanted to go out of state or to a top school like Harvard or Stanford then it would cost you big $$$. Or foreigners coming in have to pay $$. Maybe I am way wrong.  Either way if Stanford offered Cam a soccer scholarship then PCU would gladly have him on their soccer team I would think. I think he is just working to have extra cash, I think his tuition would be paid. (Laura or Scotty would have paid it anyways)

4 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I am from Canada so I was under the assumption that if you went to your local state college then it was pretty much free, or pretty cheap

As someone, also from Canada, who's currently paying my kid's tuition fees, college in Canada is not free!!  It's not Harvard expensive but it's not free.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

s someone, also from Canada, who's currently paying my kid's tuition fees, college in Canada is not free!!  It's not Harvard expensive but it's not free

Believe me I know how much Canadian University tuition is for Canadians but I thought Americans going to their local state college got it pretty cheap, although I would say most kids not that excited about PCU as these 3.