Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Linny said:

WTF is up with Carly painting Ava as some sort of predator moving in on Trina? That's a rhetorical question; I know Carly will go to her grave shamelessly maligning her enemies.

But it's ok because "every minute of every day" she's putting her children first.

OK, every done laughing?  Yes, sure I believe that Carly would leave Sonny if her kids were in danger.  Except for the little thing that they HAVE been and even if she left, she immediately comes back.  Sell it somewhere else, you hag.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Except for the little thing that they HAVE been and even if she left, she immediately comes back.  Sell it somewhere else, you hag.

I'm curious what the writers think would be Carly's line in the sand, that would make her say eff this I'm out.  Getting shot in the head for both herself and her son didn't do it.  Having her son blow up in a car didn't do it.  Having herself and both kids shot at didn't do it.  

I think that whole conversation was more about setting up a possible hook up with Brando and having the fans accept it.  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

As for myself, I'm just wondering who's holding Donna now.  

If it's Donna Corinthos you speak of, the nanny.

1. Holding
  2. Feeding
  3. Changing diapers
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm curious what the writers think would be Carly's line in the sand, that would make her say eff this I'm out.  Getting shot in the head for both herself and her son didn't do it.  Having her son blow up in a car didn't do it.  Having herself and both kids shot at didn't do it.  

I think that whole conversation was more about setting up a possible hook up with Brando and having the fans accept it.  

I’ve seen people speculating about Carly and Brando but I don’t see it happening. At least not unless they cast someone who can be paired with Sonny. 

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Yikes, I felt bad for the two because that thing was just all kinds of no.  It was so bad that I wondered if it was bad on purpose, that they dont' have those kinds of feelings for each other but they kissed because they figured they should.  It's unfortunate because Cam/Trina is a million tiimes better than Cam/Joss.  

And Trina is about a bagillion times better than Joss. 

Yes, the kiss was awkward and I don't think it helped how much they zoomed in on the pair. It was awkward and I don't know if it was awkward on purpose or because the actors might be friends in real life (I don't know, I don't follow that stuff). The writers also seem to be breaking the 4th wall with Trina. They keep telling us how awesome she is and how much they love her.

Trina's mother can exit stage left anytime now. So this Ava resentment has more to do with her being jealous and then she built on it. Ava has done a lot of shitty stuff, but good grief . . . when Carly is the one sitting in judgement of someone after she's done about a hundred percent more shitty stuff. The writers need to stop with this. It was old 20 years ago.

I'm getting the impression that Trina will get even closer to Ava once the truth about her paternity blows up.

Yes, Jordan, go confront the men who kidnapped your son all by yourself. I'm fine if Jordan is written out after this storyline is done. 

Oh, look! It's supah Jace and his spidey senses tingling!

And the Willow/Michael marriage is on. Chase/Willow were nice, but we can't keep nice things. 

• Love 9

Willow showing up just as Michael, Sasha and Chase were saying he must be married was an anvil far too heavy for my head.

This whole "Michael must be married" is so stupid. Maybe separate him from his mob roots instead.

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I genuinely smiled/laughed at Wiley's "whatever, lady" expression while Sasha was yammering to him about Michael, and then Nelle's WTF expression when Chase sat down and asked for snacks.

The kid playing Wylie seemed to have a genuine smile for CL

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny uses people just as despicably as Ava does. As far as sins against humanity goes, they're pretty even. Carly can STFU, and Portia needs to do some googling on the stepfather of Trina's friend.

Nah, Ava's done some terrible things like killing Kate and AJ, replacing Morgan's pills and fighting with Kiki but she's still way behind Sonny who is responsible for stealing children, illegal activities and the deaths of many including Karen.  Ava has stopped but Sonny just keeps on going.

• Love 6

Even with other young people having their “first” kiss on soaps, that was the most awkward kiss I’ve ever seen. Cam seemed like he kind of knew what to do but holy cow, Trina. That was one sad attempt!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But it's ok because "every minute of every day" she's putting her children first

OK, every done laughing?  Yes, sure I believe that Carly would leave Sonny if her kids were in danger.  Except for the little thing that they HAVE been and even if she left, she immediately comes back.  Sell it somewhere else, you hag.

While I believe Carly might leave the moody mobster if her kids lives were in danger, when Michael got shot in the head  I know she would expose them to nuclear radiation before she ever left St Jaysus, the holy hitman  you know the guy who is an assassin 

Edited by hcs
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

As for the Cam-Trina kiss, their actions screamed to me "ok, it's in the script that we kiss .. get closer, closer, now press our lips together." It seemed especially awkward/unromantic on Trina's side 

I got a sense that maybe the  kids had gone over what was going to happen/what they would do, but then the camera angle was changed without telling them and the result was the awkward thing we saw on the screen, 'cause, you know, you  wouldn't want to be sensitive to  two kids doing possibly their first kiss ever on screen. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Even with other young people having their “first” kiss on soaps, that was the most awkward kiss I’ve ever seen. Cam seemed like he kind of knew what to do but holy cow, Trina. That was one sad attempt!

It seemed like they missed each other lips and then didn't know what to do when they landed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Cam & Trina have either not done kissing on tv, in real life or were embarrassed about doing it with each other but that was cringe worthy. I think they’re about 16/17 in real life. I’m not sure if it’s just that we’re uncomfortable doing it in general or with each other. I don’t recall the actor playing Cam having the issue when Eden kissed him. Unless, I’m making that up but I think they kissed on air. Of course, they could be dating in real life and it was easier.

Personally, I remember Genie Francis in 1977 having to kiss the actor playing David Hamilton and he was years older than her. As was, Tony Geary.  Even Kin Shriner was 10 years older than her. Teen kissing.... the struggle is real either way. LOL!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I love reading these comments because...Trina & Cam's kiss was pretty much the same as my first kiss with my high school sweetheart.  The times really don't change, do they?😉

• Love 4

AYFKMWTS????? So Portia is only too happy to take advice from CARLY about Ava. And is perfectly okay with her daughter hanging out at a mobster’s house.?. I’m sorry, I just can’t. And what exactly was ‘inappropriate’ about Ava’s relationship with Morgan? He was of age and perfectly able to make his own decisions...at least until she screwed with his meds. 

the only scene that didn’t make me stabby was Cam and Trina. They’re both so sweet together.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Cam & Trina have either not done kissing on tv, in real life or were embarrassed about doing it with each other but that was cringe worthy. I think they’re about 16/17 in real life. I’m not sure if it’s just that we’re uncomfortable doing it in general or with each other. I don’t recall the actor playing Cam having the issue when Eden kissed him. Unless, I’m making that up but I think they kissed on air. Of course, they could be dating in real life and it was easier.

They have both kissed different people before on-screen, so maybe it was just embarrassing to kiss each other?? You are right that Cam and Josslyn kissed and it seemed natural. Trina also went and planted a kiss on Dev at the Halloween dance on the Haunted Star. The kiss was clearly all her (no interest from him), but the actress didn't seem like she felt awkward when she had to kiss the actor playing Dev.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

They have both kissed different people before on-screen, so maybe it was just embarrassing to kiss each other?? You are right that Cam and Josslyn kissed and it seemed natural. Trina also went and planted a kiss on Dev at the Halloween dance on the Haunted Star. The kiss was clearly all her (no interest from him), but the actress didn't seem like she felt awkward when she had to kiss the actor playing Dev.

I totally forgot about the character Dev. This must show how much this show annoys me (a lot) sometimes. LOL!!!!

Jon Lindstrom's IMDB should a decent amount of work either just finished or in the pipeline, so maybe it's an availability issue. Kevin hasn't been on in a while anyway, and I'd rather see him do more than kiss Laura goodbye and tell her he'll see her at home or whatever. 

• Love 3

I had to rewatch the Tram kiss after reading all the comments here, because it didn't really strike me. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say I didn't remember that they had kissed, which is telling. But yes, it was awkward. The angle made it clear that they were just pushing faces together with closed lips. It looked neither romantic nor affectionate. More like a grim duty.  

The problem with Portia is the setup, or lack. It's bad planning. Trina first appeared in June 2017, and the current Trina actress has been regularly playing her for a little more than a year. They should have eased a mother in, maybe had her playing a part in hospital stories that aren't all about Trina. I mean...the hospital stories there have been, gunshot victims or whatever. We could then have known her for a while before Taggert's reintroduction, maybe had some hints about who the ex-husband was. Maybe we'd have seen Trina and Portia talking about Trina getting the gallery internship when that subplot started.   

Instead, they cast a soap vet and had her show up one day throwing attitude around and being anti-Ava, while fighting with half the town for space up Sonny and Carly's asses. We have no context for her other than that she's Trina's Mother...who, oh by the way, is a doctor who's been at General Hospital forever. No matter how one feels about Ava, it's alienating.

• Love 10

I love Cam/Trina, but I did not even know what was happening. I was like... what are they doing with their heads?! Are they ...kissing? It was like they just made there heads touch somewhere mouth adjacent. The lips were clamped down. Maybe one of them has cooties. : D How they both didn't burst out laughing I don't know. 

Does anybody know how many episodes are in the can? It will be such a bummer to be without new episodes during this shit time. 

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

The problem with Portia is the setup, or lack. It's bad planning.

They do this way too often. I can't imagine the idea of showing us Trina's mother came out of the blue. We got few mentions of her even when she was an offscreen person. It's so typical of this show to have a character come in way too hot. Or, in the opposite, tease us with hands and backs of heads for way too long before the "reveal." Of couse we've all figured it out way before then. Most viewers aren't idiots, Show.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Jon Lindstrom's IMDB should a decent amount of work either just finished or in the pipeline, so maybe it's an availability issue. Kevin hasn't been on in a while anyway, and I'd rather see him do more than kiss Laura goodbye and tell her he'll see her at home or whatever. 

Forget Kevin, it's Ryan I want to see.  Ryan's revenge for the stolen kidney.  And ashcan this Cyrus crap.

• Love 8

Once I saw Portia and Carly were just going to start bagging on Ava as if they are so perfect I fast forwarded through the entire thing.  There is enough negativity in the world right now, I don’t need to watch those two hypocrites.  

• Love 9

I think I’ll have to take a break for now. The HW change was promising at first but once they started focusing back on the leads, the show became unwatchable to me. Everyone going to Sonny and Carly for help and letting them be hypocrites, Sam and Jason saving the day. It’s not even fun to snark on right now. I’m sure there’s an audience for this but it definitely isn’t me. 

• Love 5

Brooklyn is a completely irresponsible moron.  And clueless.  I hope Ned fires her and cuts her off financially.

Michael finally did something smart.  You don't marry someone you don't love to get custody.  I'm assuming this is a temporary smartness, though.

And, Ned said he couldn't get anything done with the phone ringing off the hook, but then once Brook got back she had oodles of time to unpack her bag set up her desk, post to FB or wherever, and have Ned wondering why the other company didn't have the couriered papers yet, and the phone didn't ring in all that time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think the Trina/Cam kiss was awkward on purpose, especially considering their reactions today.

Trina's the one who needs to talk to Neil or Kevin more than Cam does, at least right now.

Ugh, this whole "Michael has to get married to hold on to Wiley" is SO GROSS ON EVERY LEVEL.

Don't start what you can't finish, Lulu. What a jerk she was to Brook Lynn. Just ignore her! And Show, stop writing these stupid interactions. They're boring and dumb.

And speaking of Brook Lynn, do they have to make so incompetent? They certainly never made Michael this careless and inept when he started out. It's enraging.

"Why is my title only creative director?" WTF, Maxie? Nina is right, that title is right under the editor's. There can't be two editors. Either be happy with your title—and get a raise, which is entirely fair—or leave. I'm dying to hear what the new title might be. Extra special creative director? Super-duper Creative Director? Everything-but-the-editor?

Ugh, the Portia-Curtis thing. I know Curtis brought it up (his mistake), but Jordan, Curtis is your husband. You trust him or you don't, and frankly, his past relationships aren't any of your business, especially since they are long over (17 years ago!) and everyone moved on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Why is my title only creative director?" WTF, Maxie? Nina is right, that title is right under the editor's. There can't be two editors. Either be happy with your title—and get a raise, which is entirely fair—or leave. I'm dying to hear what the new title might be. Extra special creative director? Super-duper Creative Director? Everything-but-the-editor?

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Two things the show got right today:  First Maxie standing up to Nina to get what she deserves for her work, her own office, adequate credit (whatever that is), a raise. Too bad Jax is goingto slam the door on the raise (my guess). Hopefully it will push Maxie to start her own magazine.

Second, the A Midsummer Night's Dream study question.  Great parallel.  Joss is totally Hermia, who both men are in love with, and Trina is Helena.

Is Joss completely unable to understand someone else's problems without relating them to her own? "Trina and Cameron are having problems just like me so I have to be there for them because they were there for me."  Truly Carly's daughter.

I'm shutting my ears to the whole Michael/Willow/Sasha/Chase stuff. I never had much faith in Sasha's intelligence and now I'm proven right. At least Chase showed an adequate amount of horror.

• Love 4

GH should be a nice break from everything that's going on right now, but I know it's not when the hour draaaaaaaaaaaags.

So Curtis sure knows how to choose his women. Portia cheated on her husband who was under cover and Jordan sleep walks through her days and lies to him. Pretty sure Portia is lying too about Trina. But Jordan's "thank God" reaction to Trina not being his daughter made me a bit angry. Curtis wanted to have a child, something Jordan did not want and he didn't press the matter further. So I thought her reaction was a bit on the mean side of things.

BL can go and jump off the Brooklyn Bridge anytime now. She is incompetent, she doesn't care and of course those contracts that shouldn't have been seen by anyone have now been seen by everyone who follows this dimwit. She should hold hands with Lulu when she takes her leap. What is it any of Lulu's business what BL does and vice versa. I hate women being snippy at each other for the sake of being snippy.

Also, run Chase, run! Sasha should be punched in the mouth. Also, nice try with her phone blowing up and how that must be the obnoxious, annoying off screen Lucy. Girl, please. Just stop. Stop with the breathy talking and go away. 

I really can't with her. This storyline makes me wish that Willow had really gotten pregnant last time. But then, she would likely still marry Michael and would end up playing house with Wylie and Chase Jr, because Michael is also a baby hoarder.

I hate this storyline so much.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

At least Chase showed an adequate amount of horror.

He was the only one with the proper reaction, IMO. Sasha is being an idiot, Michael is all "Oh, that wouldn't be honest" (rme), and Willow is like, "Hmm, maybe?"

This isn't Mixed Marrieds at all, and I think that's what the show is trying to reference. No. NO. NO.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jordan's "thank God" reaction to Trina not being his daughter made me a bit angry. Curtis wanted to have a child, something Jordan did not want and he didn't press the matter further. So I thought her reaction was a bit on the mean side of things.

Agreed. Way harsh, Tai. Especially with TJ's paternity.

Edited by dubbel zout
appropriate gif and a bit more
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

How old is BrookLyn supposed to be? Wylie would make a more capable assistant. Why introduce a character whose sole purpose is to annoy when we already have Sonny Carly Jason Sam Spinelli Lucy Valentin Dev Olivia Lulu Nell Joss etc.?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is Joss completely unable to understand someone else's problems without relating them to her own? 

I'm shutting my ears to the whole Michael/Willow/Sasha/Chase stuff. I never had much faith in Sasha's intelligence and now I'm proven right. At least Chase showed an adequate amount of horror.

A) Yes.

B) I enjoyed Chase telling Sasha, in front of Willow and Michael, that she's sick/needs professional help.  Her "She loves Wiley too" defense before walking away from Chase when she could see he was angry and hurt by her suggestion made me roll my eyes.

I agree with others that Brook is an idiot.  However, it was nice seeing Ned Quartermaine in business mode and in an environment where Olivia is not present. 

I see the writers are not being subtle in setting up a Jordan/Curtis/Portia Robinson triangle as Jordan lies to Curtis.

• Love 5

Agreed that the Brook and Lulu scenes come across as more contrived than some classic rivalry. They don't have to besties but they don't have to interact for no reason other than to exchange shitty one liners.

I chuckled when Maxie was all "my cot and my toothbrush were here!!!" Oh how awful. And then citing being away from James for a few nights. Sure sure I'm sure it was just terrible for Maxie.

The marriage stuff is ridiculous but I want Chillow to break up for a little while at least so I don't care.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And speaking of Brook Lynn, do they have to make so incompetent? They certainly never made Michael this careless and inept when he started out. It's enraging.

She's wimmen.  And no one was willing to give her the CEO title, unlike Michael, who had, what? two minutes of Port Charles University.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, paisley said:

How old is BrookLyn supposed to be? Wylie would make a more capable assistant. Why introduce a character whose sole purpose is to annoy when we already have Sonny Carly Jason Sam Spinelli Lucy Valentin Dev Olivia Lulu Nell Joss etc.?

The actress is 34 and i think BL supposed to be around the same age since Bobbie referenced her being a friend of Lucas’. Early to mid 30s is where she should be if she’s still supposed to be a contemporary of Lucas, Maxie, and Lulu. But they are writing her as she’s a decade younger so I don’t know.

As soon as Brook Lynn took out her phone and started showing off her desk, I turned away. I just couldn’t watch that stupidity because I knew exactly where it was headed.

and lulu just needs to grow the fuck up. This is supposed to be a 30-something woman with two children? She acts more like a mean 15-year-old!

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, paisley said:

She's an airhead. I know 12 years old far more capable.

It does set up a maturation arc for her. But making her annoying and Portia unlikable at the same time is very annoying.

• Love 5

How freaking stupid of Jordan to go alone to rescue TJ. Taggert at least called Curtis and got some assist from Jason ...and he still got killed! Does it not occur to her that if the bad guys get the jump on her, then both of them would be fucked. Also, Willow's mom really did not need to be inserted into this story. 

• Love 8

Chase/Willow/Michael/Sasha is giving me Ned/Alexis/Jax/Chloe flashbacks. Although the old school one had an even stupidier premise (Chloe had to marry to keep her company and chose marrying her cousin over her boyfriend lol), I actually had a lot of fun watching it. This one ... I don't think is going to be all that fun.

• Love 1

Funny how these "major corporations" -- ELQ, Crimson, can all be run with one tiny CEO office and a single reception desk.

Maxie had to sleep on a cot in Nina's office?  Because, why?  There are two Crimson employees, one was away.  Doesn't Maxie have phone service at home?  Was she printing the issue by herself, using a photocopier?  A cot?  If you really can't go home, how about using the hotel that the office is located in?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, threebluestars said:

Chase/Willow/Michael/Sasha is giving me Ned/Alexis/Jax/Chloe flashbacks. Although the old school one had an even stupidier premise (Chloe had to marry to keep her company and chose marrying her cousin over her boyfriend lol), I actually had a lot of fun watching it. This one ... I don't think is going to be all that fun.

I wonder if Nelle will play the Aunt Getrude role, flinging doors open and shouting "I knew it!" when she's expecting to find one of the original couples having sex.

• LOL 1

Can I just complain about this Michael/Willow/Chase/Sasha nonsense? 

First, it's not 1950. The very idea that Michael needs to be married in order to obtain custody of his son is downright insulting, especially since that same child was just the son of TWO MEN?!?! If Port Charles is that backward, why was Brucas even allowed to adopt?!? Port Charles is in New York - a very progressive state. Michael is wealthy and basically a good guy. He does have a juvenile/young adult conviction, but that was years ago. He's kept his nose clean since then (unfortunately) and is the CEO of a major corporation. Nelle gave her son to a friend to spite the biological father. That's the biggest hook he has in why he should be given custody. Plus, once her lies were uncovered, she was found trying to kidnap the kid. She can claim she was afraid for her child, but she handed Michael a dead baby. That was cruel and very deceptive, and should be enough to sway a judge that she shouldn't have custody.

Now, I have no issue w/Nelle making problems for Michael. In fact, I love that she is, and I would be FINE with her getting custody. I wish that would happen. I wanted her to run off w/Wiley before she could be caught. She could run away w/him now, and I would not be bothered or care. My issue is w/this marriage scenario. The idea that Michael will have an advantage b/c he has a wife just really bothers me as a family law attorney. That's lame. Single parents are awarded their children against the married other parent every day in court's everywhere. It's about what is in the best interest of the child. 

Second, we all know this lame story is being done to push Willow/Michael together. The writers are so committed to keeping Michael and Willow squeaky clean and pure, that it's ridiculous! Why can't Michael and Willow just cheat on their partners like normal, more interesting soap characters would do?!? We all know Chase and Sasha will cheat first so Mousey Michael and Weeping Willow can get together with "clean hands." Michael/Willow will yell at Chase/Sasha about how they only got married to protect precious Wiley from Evil Nelle and never expected their partners to take advantage and cheat on them. Then, they will fall into each other's arms. Ugh . . . how sickening! I'm sure it will be similar to Michael and Kiki getting on their high horses when it came to Ava/Morgan though MiKi had been in an emotional affair for MONTHS prior to Morgan hooking up w/Ava. The writers downplayed that, and acted like the huge crime was Morgan and Ava sleeping together when I would say it was Michael lusting after his brother's wife/girlfriend for months and said wife/girlfriend emotionally cheating w/him. 

If they want Michael and Willow together, just do it. Have Willow hanging out w/Michael to help w/Wiley since Michael is completely inept and incapable of doing it w/o someone's help while Sasha and Chase are off doing other things. Show Michael and Willow developing feelings for each other and then wanting each other more than their partners. Simple. No unnecessary, forced marriages needed. Show Michael and Willow doing the WRONG thing, and ppl calling them out for it. Make them interesting. Give them some personality. Dirty them up a bit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

We all know Chase and Sasha will cheat first so Mousey Michael and Weeping Willow can get together with "clean hands." Michael/Willow will yell at Chase/Sasha about how they only got married to protect precious Wiley from Evil Nelle and never expected their partners to take advantage and cheat on them. Then, they will fall into each other's arms.

That would never happen to me.  If my SO got married for any reason, that's it.  I'm out.  And I don't feel bad or wrong about that.  So, they should skip the whole "cheating" angle and just have Chase bail.  It seems consistent with his initial reaction.

• Love 3

I agree about Chase.   I think if Willow goes through with the marriage (and she will), Chase will be so hurt and will finish with her.  He may even give her an ultimatum..."do it and we're done." And viewers will say what an awful person he is

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ciarra said:

And no one was willing to give her the CEO title, unlike Michael, who had, what? two minutes of Port Charles University.

To be fair, she didn't want it and he did. But the gender crap is totally on point.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Port Charles is in New York - a very progressive state.

Only in some instances. The state didn't allow no-fault divorce until 2010. And don't get me started on the idiotic liquor laws. Also, upstate is traditionally much more conservative than the NYC suburban area, with exceptions, of course.

38 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I think if Willow goes through with the marriage (and she will), Chase will be so hurt and will finish with her.  He may even give her an ultimatum..."do it and we're done." And viewers will say what an awful person he is

Not this one. I'll be annoyed if this story tries to become another Mixed Marrieds. The situation is completely different. Chloe would have lost her business—big deal, she could start another one. But Willow and Michael are pretending to be in love to create a family for Wiley. At least for the moment Michael is all holier-than-thou about lying, but he's right. A fake marriage isn't going to help anyone. Ugh, it's my new rage-blackout story. The stupid, it burns.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Can I just complain about this Michael/Willow/Chase/Sasha nonsense? 

First, it's not 1950. The very idea that Michael needs to be married in order to obtain custody of his son is downright insulting, especially since that same child was just the son of TWO MEN?!?! If Port Charles is that backward, why was Brucas even allowed to adopt?!? Port Charles is in New York - a very progressive state. Michael is wealthy and basically a good guy. He does have a juvenile/young adult conviction, but that was years ago. He's kept his nose clean since then (unfortunately) and is the CEO of a major corporation. Nelle gave her son to a friend to spite the biological father. That's the biggest hook he has in why he should be given custody. Plus, once her lies were uncovered, she was found trying to kidnap the kid. She can claim she was afraid for her child, but she handed Michael a dead baby. That was cruel and very deceptive, and should be enough to sway a judge that she shouldn't have custody.

I am going to slightly defend the show on this one. Yes, it is beyond stupid that it will "improve" Michael's odds that he gets married and gives Wiley a mother since Michael is wealthy and can hire a nanny. Also he lives with his grandmother who appears to be the family day care. However, Wiley might have been with a gay couple, but it was a two parent house and both Lucas and Brad have more tenuous ties to crime and Willow didn't have an issue with her child being placed with them. Nelle is going to throw everything she has at Michael, as she should.

20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

GH should be a nice break from everything that's going on right now, but I know it's not when the hour draaaaaaaaaaaags.

So Curtis sure knows how to choose his women. Portia cheated on her husband who was under cover and Jordan sleep walks through her days and lies to him. Pretty sure Portia is lying too about Trina. But Jordan's "thank God" reaction to Trina not being his daughter made me a bit angry. Curtis wanted to have a child, something Jordan did not want and he didn't press the matter further. So I thought her reaction was a bit on the mean side of things.

If they change Trina's parentage, Frank Valentini will see a repeat of when Liz hide Drew's identity, at least on Twitter. One thing to change paternity of a random never featured on the show (though I didn't like it with TJ), another to change it for a veteran character with the original actor from a more beloved era that you decided to kill off after being back less than a month. 

20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Two things the show got right today:  First Maxie standing up to Nina to get what she deserves for her work, her own office, adequate credit (whatever that is), a raise. Too bad Jax is goingto slam the door on the raise (my guess). Hopefully it will push Maxie to start her own magazine.

20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"Why is my title only creative director?" stupidest thing ever. Grace Coddington has been the creative director of American Vogue for nearly 30 years, stepping back in 2016 to pursue other creative endeavors. Maxie not having an office and her own assistant is pretty ridiculous, but being the creative director is nothing to laugh at. But good on her not letting Nina treat her like an assistant since that is no longer in her job description. 

On 3/17/2020 at 7:55 PM, statsgirl said:

The kid playing Wylie seemed to have a genuine smile for CL

Nah, Ava's done some terrible things like killing Kate and AJ, replacing Morgan's pills and fighting with Kiki but she's still way behind Sonny who is responsible for stealing children, illegal activities and the deaths of many including Karen.  Ava has stopped but Sonny just keeps on going.

I wouldn't say way behind and if the opportunity arises, she will play dirty to someone who doesn't deserve it.   But to her credit, her profession has nothing to do with crime. 

However, Sonny didn't have anything to do with the death of Karen.  Karen was pretty much out of Sonny's orbit and thankful realized her hate for him when she relapsed into drug addiction, and that relapse was partially Sonny's fault since he got Karen hooked on drugs in the first place. I still don't blame Scotty for hating Sonny-Scotty watched Karen go through that relapse it almost cost him and Lucy custody of Christina since Karen watched her while she was high. But she died in accident.

Don't start what you can't finish, Lulu. What a jerk she was to Brook Lynn. Just ignore her! And Show, stop writing these stupid interactions. They're boring and dumb.

BL can go and jump off the Brooklyn Bridge anytime now. She is incompetent, she doesn't care and of course those contracts that shouldn't have been seen by anyone have now been seen by everyone who follows this dimwit. She should hold hands with Lulu when she takes her leap. What is it any of Lulu's business what BL does and vice versa. I hate women being snippy at each other for the sake of being snippy.

There are other ways to show Brook Lynn struggling with working as an assistant at ELQ. I guess none of every meet anyone that didn't get the dream job they were working at or even remotely close to what they are trained to do. Not everyone does well sitting hours at a desk, doing repetitive tasks even when you want to do well. Christine Mcconnell (The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell) said she worked as a secretary, tried really hard, still sucked and was fired. They could come back to BL working at ELQ for a month and just about to loss her shit writing the perfect email and remembering the hundreds of little things she is forced to remember, even with all the apps and smart phones. Some people find this easy, so people do struggle, even after doing it for years (right here!). Making her suck right off the bat is not a good look for her. I did like BL pointing out to Lulu that her brother is a prince when she threw the trust fund in her face. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
I did like Brook Lynn pointing out Lulu access to money. Lulu, your close relatives are stinking rich.
  • Useful 1

We should be hearing from Colonel Tad Parker that Nelle needs to get married. Nelle isn't exactly the poster child for stability.

44 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I didn't like BL pointing out to Lulu that her brother is a prince when she threw the trust fund in her face. 

Lulu is hardly some bootstrapper. Nik has helped her in the past, and let's not forget how Sonny, uh, intervened (to put it charitably) so that Lulu and Dante could buy their house.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

We should be hearing from Colonel Tad Parker that Nelle needs to get married. Nelle isn't exactly the poster child for stability.

Lulu is hardly some bootstrapper. Nik has helped her in the past, and let's not forget how Sonny, uh, intervened (to put it charitably) so that Lulu and Dante could buy their house.

Sorry, I have trouble with my negatives. I loved Brook Lynn pointing that out.  It is alway a bit rich when people like Carly, Sonny and various Spencers act like they salt of the earth types who look down on older money people like Edward Q and the older Quartermaine, and now Brook Lynn (but not Michael, even though Carly obviously raised him in wealth and Lois problem didn't indulge BL like that) when they have been rich for decades.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:31 PM, statsgirl said:

I'm all for Alexis and Neil getting together. But older people are more even vulnerable than young ones especially when it comes to romance or money. I hope they don't keep them apart for the full two years though.

True, but doesn't seem to be a huge age difference and they are both professionals.  

On 3/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, statsgirl said:

To be fair, if I were the judge I'd be suspicious about just how much attention a single father who is also the CEO of a multinational company could provide.

If I were the judge I might well uphold the adoption; and it could make a more interesting story had Brad and Lucas been able to be involved in it, fighting for their rights.  

On 3/15/2020 at 1:00 PM, ffwbe said:

This is the reason that they should have had Sonny leave the mob years ago if they wanted to make him the show’s protagonist. How many times are we going to have to hear that Sonny is the “good mobster” because he doesn’t engage in selling drugs, guns, etc when the show doesn’t want to tell us how he makes his money? It would have made so much more sense to just let him out and say that his coffee business, casinos, restaurants were profitable enough that he doesn’t have to engage in anything illegal anymore. But I guess that means that we wouldn’t get those laughable scenes of him threatening people anymore. 

There must be some kind of mob mystique there, as he could still threaten people.  Victor Newman does.  Though I guess not with death.  But with Sonny, that has gotten boring.  He is always saying someone has to pay, and at this point he looks ridiculous saying it and I automatically side with the one who has to pay.  

• Love 5