Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

If I were the judge I might well uphold the adoption; and it could make a more interesting story had Brad and Lucas been able to be involved in it, fighting for their rights.  

Children have been given back to biological fathers who are far less stable and more cash strapped than Michael, even when the adoptive parents are a traditional heterosexual couple and the birth mother signed away her rights. 

Not only was the adoption was not legitimate because Nelle and Brad didn't sign any paperwork, Wiley is an imposter in a sense and the real Wiley is dead and buried in Jonah Whathisnames' grave.

• Love 2

I know this is to paint Nelle as a villain for her desire to change Wiley name to William, but he still a baby. No one called out Lulu who changed Ben's name to the far stupider Rocco, even though the kids were roughly the same age. My sister had her named changed at 2 years old and neither her or I remember going by any other name than the one we call her now. 

Say what you will about Nelle and Brad, but both seemed scared when they swapped the babies and mixed in the lies, there is a lot of truth when she talks about the power people like Sonny and Carly have, and how they have their children basically being raised by servants. 

Watch the clip on Youtube with the baby swap.

• Love 3

If this show keeps giving Brooklyn scenes with both Mike AND Lulu I may actually turn my opinion of her.  Lulu has no room to judge what Brooklyn is spending and how and why, and she doesn’t get to be all offended at Brooklyn’s retorts when she was the one who started in on B first.  Lulu is just so obnoxious.  Ugh.

I echo everyone else’s sentiments on the whole Willow/Michael nuptials - stupid.  Michael shouldn’t be marrying ANYONE right now, even if he married Sasha the timing would look suspicious.  But yes, I am sure the court will buy that he somehow fell in love with his friend’s girlfriend, while also being involved with someone else.  Sure, whatever I don’t care.  And Sasha shut up, Wiley DID NOT love Willow like a mother.  That’s just absurd.

I love both Cam and Trina but that kiss just gave me second hand embarrassment.  Eesh.  Maybe they were nervous.  I still hate Portia.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, sas616 said:

He may even give her an ultimatum..."do it and we're done." And viewers will say what an awful person he is

Not this viewer.  I'd cheer him on.

• Love 4

Sorry, but Brooklyn has nobody to blame but herself.  Did Lulu have to publish it instead of warning her?  No.  But, she did.  She wouldn't have been able to had Brooklyn not posted it in the first place.  

Now, Ned at the end of the epi was completely justified.  But, man, he is obsessed with those phones.  "Who's answering the phone?"  Well, nobody, Ned, because it's not ringing.  I have to agree with Brooklyn on that one.  She can hold a baby for 5 minutes and share a snack and answer the non-ringing off the hook phone at the same time.

Carly, you're a moron.  

Nina, maybe you could cut your own pay and give part of it to Maxie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I hate how everyone acts like forcing Brando to stay in Port Charles is just another thing to check off the list. I mean, for Carly/Jason/Sonny it is, but their whole attitude is "Of course he'll stay! What sort of loser life in Chicago could he have that would beat this setup?" It's so gross and highhanded. 

Behind Ned were two books, one labeled A-H, the other L-Z. That is not the whole alphabet, Show. What have you got against I, J, and K?

I loved Robert's delight at basically inviting himself to Violet's birthday party. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, Benji said:

What was Olivia doing there at ELQ ? Does she have some kind of position there now ? 

She's a concerned shareholder.  Who gave her the heads up, though?  She knew before Ned,

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Behind Ned were two books, one labeled A-H, the other L-Z. That is not the whole alphabet, Show. What have you got against I, J, and K?

They got rid of I because they're trying to be less egocentric in general.

And they got rid of JK because they wanted to be taken more seriously.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Wiley is an imposter in a sense and the real Wiley is dead and buried in Jonah Whathisnames' grave.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Somebody sue him for fraud!

For REALZ! How DARE this adorably smiling/laughing toddler try to pass his adorable self off as some dead baby! They'll need to make miniature handcuffs to slap on his adorable wrists!

1 hour ago, Benji said:

What was Olivia doing there at ELQ ? Does she have some kind of position there now ? 

33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She was just being her intrusive, self-righteous self. 

I haven't see this yet, but am rolling my eyes SO HARD, because yeah, she's got to stick her Bensonhurst NOSE in everbdy's bidnez.

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
1 hour ago, Benji said:
43 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She was just being her intrusive, self-righteous self. 

I haven't see this yet, but am rolling my eyes SO HARD, because yeah, she's got to stick her Bensonhurst NOSE in everbdy's bidnez.

When they came out of the office, she said something about putting out a press statement to fix it.    both Ned and Michael agreed and she walked off like that's what she was going to do. But then Ned told BrookLynn to get his PR people on the phone so who knows.  

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Who gave her the heads up, though?

She got an Invader alert. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate how everyone acts like forcing Brando to stay in Port Charles is just another thing to check off the list.

I still don't understand why he's being forced to stay in town.  Because they want to thank him for saving Carly's life?  Because they want to protect him from Cyrus?  Because they want to keep up the ruse that he's Dev's father?  None of those are legit reasons.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Because they want to keep up the ruse that he's Dev's father?

Mostly this, I believe, and also because of course no one trusts him to keep him mouth shut from afar. Even though Brando has shown he has no interest in getting more involved in this ridiculous situation.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Carly, you're a moron. 

This needs to be a t-shirt, and hung up next to the "Carly, walk off a cliff" shirt. Her getting all offended that Jax brought up Morgan's death because he has the audacity to be worried about their daughter's safety, and protesting that she doesn't want things to change just drives home the point that what she told Joss about putting them first is and always will be utter bullshit. Carly cares about what she wants in the moment, period. Saying defiantly that this is Joss's normal shows what a terrible, self-absorbed mother she truly is. I thought she was going to start snarling at Jax.

I don't feel sorry for Brook. She's also a moron. 

Robert wanting to be invited to Violet's birthday party was cute.

• Love 10

The "J" volume has the hated Jerome family in it. The two closest letters are contaminated by proximity.

• LOL 6
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know that her husband constitutes "everybody."

27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Robert wanting to be invited to Violet's birthday party was cute.

I like his and Finn's snarky little displays.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

When they came out of the office, she said something about putting out a press statement to fix it.    both Ned and Michael agreed and she walked off like that's what she was going to do. But then Ned told BrookLynn to get his PR people on the phone so who knows.  

She got an Invader alert. 

Yeah, I was more wondering why she was talking about the press statement. Maybe she wasn't going to prepare it, but was just confirming what she should say to the press if asked about the situation (as a shareholder and as the CEO's wife). Confusing dialogue at any rate. 

10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I like his and Finn's snarky little displays.

except Robert looked so tiny next to Finn

I can't handle the close up of Nina's face, it is like sculpted plastic.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate how everyone acts like forcing Brando to stay in Port Charles is just another thing to check off the list. I mean, for Carly/Jason/Sonny it is, but their whole attitude is "Of course he'll stay! What sort of loser life in Chicago could he have that would beat this setup?" It's so gross and highhanded. 

It doesn't matter if the only reason Brando wants to go back to Chicago is because he's a loner and likes the pizza place a block from his apartment.  THAT'S HIS CHOICE!  The whole "what do you have to go back to?" is besides the point. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It doesn't matter if the only reason Brando wants to go back to Chicago is because he's a loner and likes the pizza place a block from his apartment.  THAT'S HIS CHOICE!  The whole "what do you have to go back to?" is besides the point. 

Completely agree! Though, I'd respect the writers a lot if he said he wanted to go back to Chicago because he felt he was less likely to get shot there than Port Charles where a third of the population has been involved in murder, half have had attempts on their lives, and it seems to have a higher rate of stupidity than anywhere else in the country.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Did you see the shelves of white books at the Q's?  Any other cover color, throw them out.  Set design gone crazy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I love Wiley’s expressive face.  At one point he was looking at Brook Lynn like ‘you so dumb.’  It was cute later on when they were sharing his bag of Cheerios.

I think Brando, Chase and Lucas are very attractive, but look like babies when clean-shaven.  Keep that scruff, boys, you need it.

Moss looked pretty today.  I love how she sits there in silent judgement of the Corinthos Clan.

I agree that Nina should have taken a pay cut to allow for Maxi’s salary increase.  Nina is super-rich and doesn’t need the money as much.  

Lulu is a jerk.  And I don’t even like Brook Lynn.

• Love 8
On 3/18/2020 at 10:20 PM, ciarra said:

Maxie had to sleep on a cot in Nina's office?  Because, why?  There are two Crimson employees, one was away.  Doesn't Maxie have phone service at home?  Was she printing the issue by herself, using a photocopier?  A cot?  If you really can't go home, how about using the hotel that the office is located in?

I assume Maxie DID have to photocopy the issue, after writing the copy, after doing the layout, after dressing the models and supervising the photo shoot. And then she delivered the magazines door to door. They always show Nina and Maxie doing everything (or talking about doing everything) themselves, and I’ve always found it ridiculous. But the stupidest part is that Maxie still has a desk in the LOBBY.  She should have quit over that indignity alone, years ago.

10 hours ago, Katy M said:

Nina, maybe you could cut your own pay and give part of it to Maxie.

Exactly what I was thinking. Or give her some stock options, or give her a big bonus to be paid at year’s end. Something. There are always creative ways to make sure a valued employee gets paid. But then Maxie couldn’t go work for Lucy and help Sasha become Miss Star Eyes 2020.

8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't feel sorry for Brook. She's also a moron. 

She definitely is. I also didn’t appreciate the show having her choose to babysit Wiley while asking Michael to “fix it” for her as a personal favor. Clean up your own messes, you whiny toddler.

• Love 4

I don't want everyone to hold hands on GH, but the Brook/Lulu rivalry makes them both look inane. They didn't even fight like this when Brook was on the show before, so why is it so invigorated now? They don't have to be besties, but maybe they can just sneer at each other (both actresses can definitely contort their lips admirably) and walk away?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

She definitely is. I also didn’t appreciate the show having her choose to babysit Wiley while asking Michael to “fix it” for her as a personal favor. Clean up your own messes, you whiny toddler.

To be fair, she wouldn't have the first clue how to fix that mess.  She could probably make it bigger.

5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Lulu is a jerk.  And I don’t even like Brook Lynn.

She's a jerk, but she really didn't do anything wrong.  Brooklyn posted confidential contracts that were going to majorly impact the town.  She did nothing unethical in obtaining them, and while she may have screwed over the fat cats of ELQ, she also may have ended up saving a bunch of blue collar jobs.  That wasn't really her motive, though.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

She's a jerk, but she really didn't do anything wrong.  Brooklyn posted confidential contracts that were going to majorly impact the town.  She did nothing unethical in obtaining them, and while she may have screwed over the fat cats of ELQ, she also may have ended up saving a bunch of blue collar jobs.  That wasn't really her motive, though.

Oh definitely, I mean they both suck and Brooklyn did a very stupid thing.  What I thought was jerky of Lulu is that she internet-stalked BL, looking for something to snark on, found something juicier and ran with it.

• Love 5

Man, Jax and Joss made a reference to Australian wildfires-- that kind of threw me-- seems like 18 crisis ago.

and I hope we don't see some version of social distancing/pandemic on GH -- although who knows-- unusual pairings forced to share close quarters. maybe that's how Carly and Brando end up hooking up.

• Love 8

When Brooklyn made that HUGE, horrible blunder and Ned and Oliva were rightfully mad at her, I was disgusted by Michael's response. He just looked at her with his wry, Eeyore-dumb-face and said with a smile, 'It's OK, Brooklyn, everyone makes mistakes.' And I know that this was the show once again signalling what a gee, golly, swell, great guy that Michael Corinthos is, but my first legit thought was... wait, no, I actually said this aloud: "My God, he is *such* a terrible character!"

Because he is. That is NOT the freaking reaction that a real human being--who was recently the CEO of this supposedly major, multi-million-dollar company and is now only on "temporary" leave from--would have. It simply is not. No way, no how. Not at all. No, no, no!

The only time that Michael gets "angry" is when Nelle pulls some supposedly "evil" stunt. (Although, her "evil" stunts pale, for the most part, in comparison to what his beloved parents have done in the past on the regular and do often still.) Oh, yeah, and that one time he got mad at Morgan for like thirty seconds and Carly and Sonny for about five seconds because, oh, noes!, Sonny gone and went and shot his biological father--the one that SONNY STOLE HIM FROM!--to death.

Other than that, Michael is just so blah, so just.... ugh. "Everyone makes mistakes." Really?! Ugh, he's such a ridiculous, no-nothing nonsense joke of a character. That line, that moment, yeah, I think, it made me move the character into my 'Official Loathe' status joining his parents.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 9

GH isn't on right now in my area. Instead a local show that has local businesses showcased is airing. The local show usually airs in the 2nd half of the 11am cst hour when the national "updates" concerning COVID-19 have been going on. The national "updates" have also kept Y&R from airing fully or at all.

• Useful 1

Really, Anna? Jason has to have empathy for Peter? If that doesn't tell her how far she's gone off the rails, nothing will.

Way to get that raise, Maxie, by calling your grandboss names. Very professional. I wish Jax had fired her on the spot.

Lulu's one to talk about nepotism. She got the Haunted Star because Nik bought it for her. Shut up, Lulu. And stop engaging with Brook Lynn. Just walk away.

• Love 5

That fight was so bad! All I kept thinking the whole time was of the Rachel and Amy fight on Friends. At least that one was funny. BL v. Lulu was just . . . why didn't Lulu get arrested and thrown in the slammer? Her ass should be behind bars too.

Anna should go back on vacation. Another 6 months, maybe a year. Forever would be better. She can take Peter with her since she wuvs him so much.

Carly and Sasha. No words.

If Chase is going to end up with someone who isn't Willow, my money is on BL. 

I hate Michael. I can't stand Peter. There's something wrong when I am actively rooting for Spinelli.

I'm fine with Deception bringing Crimson down. Too bad Sasha is part of it. 

• Love 6

I love this Maxie, giving no quarter. Where has she been?  Then of course the writers took it over the top and ruined it. Nina could easily cut her own salary if she really wanted to prove to Maxie that she's valued.

Jax won points from me yesterday for truth speaking to Carly. Today he lost if acting like the patronizing jerk boss that I know so well in real life.Everything Maxie said was true.  He gives all the credit to Nina because he's attracted to her. Think with your other head, Jax.

Michael saying that Nelle has as much right to legal custody of Wylie as he does made me ragey. The one with the real legal custody to Wylie is Lucas.

Sasha is perfect for Carly. Now I'll have to fast forward her entirely.

Anna has gone cuckoo for cocopuffs.  Why is Jason getting upset over this and not everything else he should.

Also, everything Anna said about Jason being #1 on the DA's criminal call list is because he's a criminal.

• Love 2
On 3/19/2020 at 12:55 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Lulu about being a good reporter. Thanks for the laugh, writers. 

She does amazing things with a cellphone, though, like write an entire story and upload it to the Invader website in seconds.  I can't even get my phone to unlock in the time it took her to post the "story". 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Good for Maxie for resigning from Crimson. Jax and Nina's condescension that she wouldn't immediately find another job was gross. Maxie is a ditz, but she's smart enough to have another job lined up before she quits. But Lucy was a gutless worm. Once again, the wimmins can't do business. UGH. They'd never have Michael act this way.

Seriously, Show? A catfight between Lulu and Brook Lynn in the MetroCourt?

37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

why didn't Lulu get arrested and thrown in the slammer? Her ass should be behind bars too.

For real. Chase walked in when Lulu threw a glass at BL. That should have gotten Lulu in cuffs, too. 

LOL that neither Carly nor Olivia (or anyone in authority) were around to break it up. Way to manage your business, ladies!

Once again with people plotting to have Michael and Willow get married. Gross, gross, gross!

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also, everything Anna said about Jason being #1 on the DA's criminal call list is because he's a criminal.

Anna trying to shame Jason with that made me laugh. He doesn't care!

• Love 4

Olivia, you will call our press contacts, issue an official statement. "Elq regrets the accidental publication of private documents. We are thoroughly investigating the matter."

Other than bringing the matter to Ned's attention, and there being only two ELQ employees at the moment (Ned, CEO, Brookie, Screw-up-in-chief), why is Olivia even involved in this?  Does Ned help run the Metro Court in his spare time?

For real. Chase walked in when Lulu threw a glass at BL. That should have gotten Lulu in cuffs, too. 

Lulu: BL privilege, blah blah blah, privileged.

Lulu doesn't get arrested. People in glass houses and all need not apply. I hope a boulder falls on her stupid head.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Maxie is a ditz, but she's smart enough to have another job lined up before she quits.

well, technically, she didn't.  She hung up mid-conversation with Lucy.

LOL that neither Carly nor Olivia (or anyone in authority) were around to break it up. Way to manage your business, ladies!

I tried to break up a fight at work once and I'll think twice about doing it again.  I was 21 or 22, and I tried to break up a fight between 2 17 year old guys and managed to get myself hit in the shoulder in the process.  It didn't end up being in a big deal, but someone called the cops and I say if it was an employee, they did their part.

That fight was so totally unbelievable for either woman. It was so bad, but not even bad enough to be good. The verbal sparring was better, with Brooklyn getting in a few good shots. 

Maxie/Val/Lucy bulding an empire. I can get behind that. Hope she takes Nina down. 

Every day I think they can't make Anna any more pathetic ...but apparently they can. I wonder how Fiona feels about her character being so stupid and pathetic to prop Jason and Sam of all people. The only saving grace is that Robert will be proven right. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Man, Jax and Joss made a reference to Australian wildfires-- that kind of threw me-- seems like 18 crisis ago.

This made me lol. So true.

And good god, that Brook Lyn/Lulu fight was insane. Do the writers really have to write these two 30-something year old women like high schoolers?

• Love 1

Maxie, Lulu, and Brook Lynn should all go back to Junior High.  I laughed when Maxie was whining about being unemployed.  Served her right.  That would probably have been a better storyline than whatever the hell with Deception.