Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Who else [can I call]?" How about your sponsor, Alexis?!

She tried, Finn is her sponsor.  She got his voicemail, so she then called Molly and got her voicemail.  I was actually surprised when Julian showed up because I hadn't thought of him as a possible option.  

1 minute ago, seasons said:

So who is going off the roof?

No one, at least not today.  Carly told her to sign the form, that it would make her look better in everyone eyes.  Nelle said no way, you don't tell me what to do.  Carly took the form, left, and locked Nelle onto the roof.

I'm thinking she'll forge Nelle's signature and get Wylie's surgery that way.  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

The show cut out during the last 20 minutes for breaking news but i am guessing Nelle did not throw Shebeast off the roof.

Nope.  Carly asked her to sign the form.  Nelle said nope.  Carly locked her on the roof.  Also Britt and Julian decided to hook up again.  

I thought Portia was replacing Kim as the OBGYN? Guess I don't pay much attention to her.

I thought when they introduced her a few weeks ago, that she'd said something about pediatrics so I thought she would be the one operating on Wylie.  But she's dealing with Mike so I guess a geriatric specialty.  Britt's temporarily replacing Kim.  

I feel like the show is trying to play on both sides of the fence with Nelle. They really need to decide if this surgery is an emergency or not

It's not an emergency as in he doesn't need it RIGHTNOW, but he will likely need it at some point.  Michael's point is that it will improve his quality of life rather than have him suffer until they decide to do the surgery.  Nelle's point today (finally) is that not everyone recovers from surgery, that she herself never fully recovered from hers, that she's in chronic pain all the time.  

Edited by perkie1968

Every time Carly rails on Nelle for using Wiley as a weapon, my ears bleed. Why is Carly not a pile of dust?

Yes, Sonny is a true hero for not abandoning his father with Alzheimer's.

10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

She tried, Finn is her sponsor. 

He is? I didn't know it was formal that way. He sucks for not answering the phone.

Previews: Ugh, of course Nelle folds.

3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
41 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

I thought Portia was replacing Kim as the OBGYN? Guess I don't pay much attention to her.

I thought when they introduced her a few weeks ago, that she'd said something about pediatrics so I thought she would be the one operating on Wylie.  But she's dealing with Mike so I guess a geriatric specialty. Britt's temporarily replacing Kim.  

Kids, old people, vaginas...what's the difference?

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, seasons said:

Cam is better off with his friends.

One of those friends just watched her father die and he had a wacky awkward kiss with her.  Friend number two spends more time still talking about her own grief, a full year after her boyfriend's death.  Neil is the better option.  

• Love 10

Joss. That sweater? No. Just no. The poster who compared it to something Joan Collins would wear on Dynasty was spot on.

I continue to love both Ava and Julian.

I know this unpopular, but I don't like Nelle. I said that (as well as the comment that she looks like she smells of stale urine and cigarettes) on the unpopular opinions board and stand by it. I hate her so much that I'm rooting for the Corinthos clan which never happens. Which means I hate her even more for making me not actively root for all Corinthii to die.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nelle's point today (finally) is that not everyone recovers from surgery, that she herself never fully recovered from hers, that she's in chronic pain all the time.  

I could tell her history had something to do with her hesitation but i was surprised about the pain and medication. Has she ever talked about her chronic pain before this?

This story needed someone to say they understand where Nelle is coming from. This isn't a black and white issue and is something parents have conflicts over in real life, but everyone is acting like they would jump at the chance to put their child under the knife. Sonny had a million questions about his elderly father but Nelle should just be all hunky dory. They could have had Michael reassure her that this was not like her operation and have him fake empathy. But Shebeast had to have her moment so Michael had to slink off to mommy and daddy.

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Previews: Ugh, of course Nelle folds.

Wonder if Shebeast forged her signature and thats why she locked her on the roof. Maybe something goes wrong in surgery and that helps Nelles case. I want Sonny and Carly to be the reason Michael loses custody. Sonny has done his part by blackmailing Brad and now Carly can do her part.

• Love 8

Nelle has a cell phone to call for help, right?

28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

One of those friends just watched her father die and he had a wacky awkward kiss with her.  Friend number two spends more time still talking about her own grief, a full year after her boyfriend's death.  Neil is the better option.  

Agreed. I was trying to make a point about Neil, but it didn't come out right. Definitely a professional is necessary for Cam.

43 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

She tried, Finn is her sponsor. 

He is?  The only sponsor I know for Alexis was Olivia Jerome.  Isn't Finn a former narcotics addict?  Do former narcotics addicts counsel alcoholics? 

8 minutes ago, seasons said:

Nelle has a cell phone to call for help, right?

She ran out of juice. When Michael was on the roof with her, he told her he had a charger downstairs.

4 minutes ago, seasons said:

Is Nik in love with Liz?

I think he always has been, though he's been able to put it aside for various women (e.g., Emily).

• Love 1

You would think that GH would have the roof door locked so random people would stop going up there. Especially as there have been people pushed off and threatened to jump off said roof.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

So Nelle makes it clear to Michael that this is about her own surgery and everything that she's had to dealt with physically and emotionally because of it--the surgery that incidentally was forced upon her without her consent and allowed his sister to live--and Michael's response is to just tell Carly that Nelle is being a psycho and won't sign the consent forms. Lovely. Then Carly goes on the roof, goads Nelle, sneers at her, talks smack about her and pushes her so naturally Nelle fights backs, going straight into defensive mode (because it's not as if Carly would actually listen/believe anything else from her). Mind you, this entire time, Nelle genuinely looks distraught--her body language, the fear in her eyes, even when she was looking away/turned away from Carly--about her child.

When Nelle is finally done with Carly playing these mind games with her--because that is EXACTLY what Carly was doing, being all nasty and vicious to begin with, and then flat-out lying about 'you do this you'll get people on your side which is a complete load of baloney!--she tells her, 'no, you're not going to win.' So what does Carly do? She goes a step so low. She locks Nelle on the roof so (a) she's denied to see, be with her son during this time to continue to try and make the best decision, and (b) based on the preview for tomorrow, she's going to forge Nelle's signature.

Carly is LOATHESOME! But what else is new?

By the way, I took that 'you're not going to win,' as she wasn't going to succeed in manipulating Nelle... which is EXACTLY what Carly was trying to do.

Other than any scene with Sonny, I really liked everything else about this episode. All of the conversations were so good. People just talking, even if I didn't always agree with what was said... I liked the conversations.

I continue to really enjoy how the Ava/Nic story is playing out. I think they're entwining Franco and Elizabeth in it really well without it being anvillicious. I don't think that Franco or Elizabeth will stray or even think of straying at all, but rather this is going to be something that gets Ava and Nic to gradually lower their barriers and that will enable it to lower them to each other. They keep talking to each other about Franco and Elizabeth as a way to goad the other, but whenever they do that, they're opening up without realizing it.

Josslyn is terrible, but (like with Carly) what else is new... but anything that continues to allow the Cam/Trina story grow works for me as I adore those two.  Ditto with how great the Cam/Neil scenes were.

I love Anna and Finn and I love seeing them happy for now. I really enjoy how this new team is writing them.

Circling back to the whole Wiley situation, I really hope that Carly's stunt winds up screwing Michael and custody over so very, very hard!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I continue to really enjoy how the Ava/Nic story is playing out.

I wish they'd speed things up with this. I'm tired of Ava and Nik sniping at each other. The banter isn't clever or amusing, so I'm finding it as tedious as Brook Lynn vs. Lulu. Zzzzzz.

2 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I haven't seen Friday yet, but Carly's still locking people on the roof? What growth in nearly 20 years.

LOL. I think the real question, though, is why there is still roof access in the first place?

12 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Circling back to the whole Wiley situation, I really hope that Carly's stunt winds up screwing Michael and custody over so very, very hard!

I want Carly to fake Nelle's signature, and Wiley gets the surgery but dies on the table or shortly thereafter. Then Nelle sues everyone into oblivion, and she swans off somewhere to live her best life, never thinking about the Corinthii ever again.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

. . .  Wiley gets the surgery but dies on the table or shortly thereafter. 

I mentioned Wiley dying being a good story too on another message board.

In my version, Michael would browbeat Nelle into signing, they would do the surgery, but Wiley dies b/c of some complications or whatever. That way, Michael would have to live w/the knowledge and the guilt that he killed his son w/this unnecessary procedure, and Nelle could rightfully blame him. Michael could have a breakdown and maybe turn to alcohol to cope.

To me, that would be more interesting than anything they actually plan on writing. 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

He is?  The only sponsor I know for Alexis was Olivia Jerome.  Isn't Finn a former narcotics addict?  Do former narcotics addicts counsel alcoholics? 

IIRC, Alexis and Finn were both in the "addict" group at GH. After one of the sessions, they agreed to be each other's support (and maybe sponsor, in a loose interpretation of the term).

• Useful 1

I wish Monica had over heard what Carly said about AJ. Smacked the taste out of her mouth and decided to side with Nelle (temporarily). Bitch lost the right to talk smack about him after she helped cover up his murder.

• Love 9

Michael is the wimpiest wimp who ever wimped.  When Carly is gone, Sasha can take over (s)mothering him,

They did a good job of Neil being a therapist. He was okay with Cameron dismissing therapy and then zeroed on the point that would prove that what Cameron has been beating himself up over is a misconception.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I want Carly to fake Nelle's signature, and Wiley gets the surgery but dies on the table or shortly thereafter. Then Nelle sues everyone into oblivion, and she swans off somewhere to live her best life, never thinking about the Corinthii ever again.

Perfect! And I don't have to live with Michael and Sasha trying to parent Wiley.

It really feels like they're done at least a 90 degree switch on Nelle. Suddenly she's the most sympathetic one in the storyline.

1 hour ago, rur said:

IIRC, Alexis and Finn were both in the "addict" group at GH. After one of the sessions, they agreed to be each other's support (and maybe sponsor, in a loose interpretation of the term).

That's how I took it too.  Finn is more recent in his recovery.

I'm glad Alexis took only one drink instead of spiralling down into the bottle again. And I really want someone (Julian?) to hold it over Sam.

• Love 7

why there is still roof access in the first place?

This!!  I've spent my fair share of time in a hospital and when I needed to get air, I went out the front door.  I've never thought to myself, hey lets see if this hospital has roof access so I can hang out up there.  But then again, I'm afraid of heights so there's that!

4 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Has she ever talked about her chronic pain before this?

It might have come up when Jax's involvement in the whole kidney transplant was uncovered but since they were making Nelle look crazy for going after sweet saintly Carly, it wasn't played as a legit thing but as something that she's making up.  I believed her today, that comment along with the comment that she has to take a boatload of meds for life made me understand her hesitancy.  I thought Chloe played that perfectly.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I wish Monica had over heard what Carly said about AJ. Smacked the taste out of her mouth

Monica will never do anything to jeopardize her access to Michael and Wiley, even if it means keeping her mouth shut when Carly yaps.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I'm glad Alexis took only one drink instead of spiralling down into the bottle again. And I really want someone (Julian?) to hold it over Sam.

The next time Sam deigns to speak to him (because she will want something, of course) would be a perfect time for Julian to give her some hard truth. And I would love it. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They did a good job of Neil being a therapist.

I suppose.  But he's taking Kevin's limited screen time away.   No Ryan and a minute or so of Kevin.  I'd much rather watch JL.

As if they'd have a hokey latch like that on the door to the hospital roof. 

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'd like Julian to tell Sam off, but he'd have to air Alexis' dirty laundry to do so.  Sure, Sam knows that Alexis is an alcoholic, but it's not up to Julian to tell about her fall off the wagon.  Even if Sam can stop thinking about Sam for a minute. 

• Love 3
On 3/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, Thatoneshow said:

I don't know if Spinelli is supposed to be on a spectrum or if the show just thinks a middle aged bouncy father that blurts out things is adorable.

I remember thinking when the character first came on, “a little of this is going to go a long way,” and a long way it surely has.  Cringeworthy.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, dubbel zout said:

What particularly annoys me about the parole story is I'm supposed to be on Sam's side here. Sorry, Show, she's acting like a petulant asshole. She's being an infant.

I made the mistake of reading comments on another social media platform and am convinced that’s exactly the side we’re supposed to be on.  Sooooo glad to have the sanity over here in these parts....

BTW, all I could think of when I I saw Sam’s outfit was “did she dress for GH or an Argentine Tango on DWTS?”

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Kids, old people, vaginas...what's the difference?

We’re a bit behind here, but 4-5 episodes back I think there was a reference to her being hired because GH needed a new GP.  So, yeah, she’ll probably do Wiley’s heart surgery (but only if Finn’s not available).

Show could have saved a good 20 minutes had Nina cut off Carly’s two-scene rant with “I’m playing a game with Nelle, because we all know how well that always works out,” and had Nelle shut down the scenes in the hospital with “I want a second opinion from a doctor who is NOT RELATED TO THE PATIENT.”

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I suppose.  But he's taking Kevin's limited screen time away.   No Ryan and a minute or so of Kevin.  I'd much rather watch JL.

I love Kevin too but Ryan and his marriage to Laura create a lot of potential conflict of interests with his patients. Cam calls Laura grandma so I don’t think her husband should be treating him. In this case, Neil works better since he’s more of an outsider.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

But he's taking Kevin's limited screen time away.   No Ryan and a minute or so of Kevin.  I'd much rather watch JL.

According to imdb, Jon's a pretty busy guy.  

The Redeemer-Dave (pre-production)  

Ten-Cent Daisy -Richard (post-production)

2020 Marzipan -George (post-production)

A Dark Foe -Vincent (completed)

2020 Bull (TV Series): - Episode #4.20 (2020) Donovan Nichols

2020 Homeland (TV Series)  - Prisoners of War (2020) ... Claude

1992-2020General Hospital (TV Series)  Dr. Kevin Collins / Ryan Chamberlain

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Carly wasn't carrying a purse--that coat she was wearing must have deep pockets to fit Michael's balls in.   And, for real, how did her head not explode when she accused Nelle of using Wylie as leverage--onsidering Michael's name might has well have been "trump card" when he was a baby and she used him to keep Jason in her life?

Also, lord, Sonny stomping into GH all pissed that Mike was in the hospital, as if Death's Waiting Room, aka Turning Woods, was abusing him or something.  Then, naturally, because it's a day that ends in Y we have to get a "you're a great dad AND a great son" speech, where Sonny stands there accepting the praise like a king. 

God, I hate all Corinthii.

On the plus side, liked the Cam/Neil scenes and Liz and Nik definitely have a vibe.  More friendship than anything, but BH's chemistry record remains intact.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Sure, Sam knows that Alexis is an alcoholic, but it's not up to Julian to tell about her fall off the wagon.  Even if Sam can stop thinking about Sam for a minute. 

Sam is a complete idiot (to say the very least) for trying to circumvent the terms of her parole, but it's not her fault Alexis started drinking again. Alexis is the only person responsible for her sobriety. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, driver18 said:

So Nelle makes it clear to Michael that this is about her own surgery and everything that she's had to dealt with physically and emotionally because of it--the surgery that incidentally was forced upon her without her consent and allowed his sister to live--and Michael's response is to just tell Carly that Nelle is being a psycho and won't sign the consent forms. Lovely. Then Carly goes on the roof, goads Nelle, sneers at her, talks smack about her and pushes her so naturally Nelle fights backs, going straight into defensive mode (because it's not as if Carly would actually listen/believe anything else from her). Mind you, this entire time, Nelle genuinely looks distraught--her body language, the fear in her eyes, even when she was looking away/turned away from Carly--about her child.

When Nelle is finally done with Carly playing these mind games with her--because that is EXACTLY what Carly was doing, being all nasty and vicious to begin with, and then flat-out lying about 'you do this you'll get people on your side which is a complete load of baloney!--she tells her, 'no, you're not going to win.' So what does Carly do? She goes a step so low. She locks Nelle on the roof so (a) she's denied to see, be with her son during this time to continue to try and make the best decision, and (b) based on the preview for tomorrow, she's going to forge Nelle's signature.

Carly is LOATHESOME! But what else is new?

By the way, I took that 'you're not going to win,' as she wasn't going to succeed in manipulating Nelle... which is EXACTLY what Carly was trying to do.

Michael is so used to other people fighting his battles, I truly believe that he vents out his frustrations to them so the problem is taken care with him doing the least bit of work, subconsciously at least. Unless has had the blinders put back on, he must of known that venting to Sonny that Brad getting a fair trial would be super hard on him would lead to Sonny threatening Brad, just like him complaining to Carly would get Carly to be the one to deal with Nelle.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam is a complete idiot (to say the very least) for trying to circumvent the terms of her parole, but it's not her fault Alexis started drinking again. Alexis is the only person responsible for her sobriety. 

Sam is the one who dragged Alexis out to said bar, started an argument with her and left her there.  Yes, there are other bars in town, but Alexis wouldn't be at that particular bar after that particular fight if it weren't for Sam.

• Love 8

At the very least, the next time Sam comes whining to Julian, he could respond with something like, "If I say no, are you going to tell me that you have no respect for me and storm off after you  asked me to drop everything and meet you here, like you've done with me and others in the past?"

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sam is the one who dragged Alexis out to said bar, started an argument with her and left her there.  Yes, there are other bars in town, but Alexis wouldn't be at that particular bar after that particular fight if it weren't for Sam.

Sam could be soaking wet with vodka, and it wouldn't change a thing. Alexis is still the only person responsible for her sobriety. Also, Alexis could have said no when Sam first called her. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And, for real, how did her head not explode when she accused Nelle of using Wylie as leverage--onsidering Michael's name might has well have been "trump card" when he was a baby and she used him to keep Jason in her life?

Carly has, on many occasions, including the day that the reveal about Wylie happened, has said to Jason, "I know I've done similar/same and I admit that I'm a hypocrite but......".  Somehow that disclaimer from her allows her to say and do whatwever she wants, even if the person she's yelling at is as guilty as she is/was.    And my answer to the writers is NO, saying she knows she's  a hypcrite does not allow her to be a hypocrite.  

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Carly has, on many occasions, including the day that the reveal about Wylie happened, has said to Jason, "I know I've done similar/same and I admit that I'm a hypocrite but......".  Somehow that disclaimer from her allows her to say and do whatwever she wants, even if the person she's yelling at is as guilty as she is/was.    And my answer to the writers is NO, saying she knows she's  a hypcrite does not allow her to be a hypocrite.  

Especially because we're supposed to be on Carly's side.  Just like we're supposed to not blink incredulously when Sonny offers to kill Nelle to "take care of the problem." 

Also, I'm pretty sure I had Joss's sweater, in black, in 1985.  Maybe she thrifts...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Sam could be soaking wet with vodka, and it wouldn't change a thing. Alexis is still the only person responsible for her sobriety. Also, Alexis could have said no when Sam first called her. 

I disagree.  Sam called Alexis to a place where she would be vulnerable to her urge to drink, then harangued her, making her question her self-worth.  95% on Alexis, 5% on Sam.  I doubt Alexis would know that Sam would personally attack her when she agreed to show up, so I don't think Alexis considered telling her no.   If Sam hadn't summoned her, Alexis would be at home with her feet on the couch.

Edited by ciarra
I can't add.
  • Love 3

1985 is generous. Joss's sweater really was a nightmare.

Maybe she thrifts...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Michael is so used to other people fighting his battles, I truly believe that he vents out his frustrations to them so the problem is taken care with him doing the least bit of work, subconsciously at least. Unless has had the blinders put back on, he must of known that venting to Sonny that Brad getting a fair trial would be super hard on him would lead to Sonny threatening Brad, just like him complaining to Carly would get Carly to be the one to deal with Nelle.

If only Michael were that clever. In his thirties he should be, but it seems like he's just immature.

Alexis has been in bars before and didn't drink, it was the attack by Sam that triggered taking the drink. I don't see how Alexis could have said no when her daughter called her to help get her out of a legal matter. That's not what a parent does.

Alexis is responsible for her own sobriety but it's always a challenge. Especially when you've been attacked like that by someone you love.  If Sam weren't so self-absorbed, she would have been aware of how vulnerable she had left Alexis and called someone for her or got Spinelli to get her out of that bar. But Sam only cares about Jason and how other people can be useful to him.

• Love 13
On 3/27/2020 at 3:51 PM, seasons said:

Neil is a lousy therapist. Too judgy in his tone. Cam is better off with his friends.

Odd. I like Neil as a therapist and his tone. I guess it helps that I like the actor, too. I guess we all see and hear differently. No one is right or wrong. Now, the moss is a horrible actor/actress. He/She gets too much screen time. LOL!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/27/2020 at 3:49 PM, perkie1968 said:

She [Alexis} tried, [Dr. Michael Easton] is her sponsor.

Aren't sponsors not supposed to be of the opposite sex?  Also, didn't Dr. Michael Easton basically join the program the same time she did?

Did Britt show up again this week?

48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did Britt show up again this week?

Yep. She was harangued by Elizabeth and Felix (that was this week, right?), she had a reunion with Peter that apparently brought them closer together than ever. She saw Anna and Finn and told them she thought Peter was innocent of the murders Liesl was charged with. She visited Liesl and wasn't sympathetic.

She's been a ray of sunshine, on other words. (Though I'm honestly glad to see Britt when she isn't slobbering over Peter. Et tu, Britt?)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I don't see how Alexis could have said no when her daughter called her to help get her out of a legal matter. That's not what a parent does.

Actually to me that sounds exactly like what a parent should do, especially considering how Sam got into the legal trouble in the first place.  Also, Sam is an adult who should be able to handle that sort of business on her own.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tenshinhan said:

Also, Sam is an adult who should be able to handle that sort of business on her own.

Sam called her because Spinelli got arrested.

What would Alexis do with her time if she didn't have to help her family and friends with their legal problems?  😉

• Love 1

I must say I’ve been enjoying the half hour format of GH the past few weeks. We’ve been getting preempted a lot in the Philadelphia area for Coronavirus updates.   At most, I see about 25-30 minutes of the show each day. 

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I must say I’ve been enjoying the half hour format of GH the past few weeks. We’ve been getting preempted a lot in the Philadelphia area for Coronavirus updates.   At most, I see about 25-30 minutes of the show each day. 

If you have a DVR and would like the full hour of torture, 6abc has been repeating the show in Tamron Hall's late night slot (1:07am). For some reason, Friday's show repeats at 2:30am.

Enjoy? lol

1 hour ago, lb60 said:

If you have a DVR and would like the full hour of torture, 6abc has been repeating the show in Tamron Hall's late night slot (1:07am). For some reason, Friday's show repeats at 2:30am.

Enjoy? lol

Did not know that but I’m okay. LOL!!!

• LOL 1