Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

God, I really hope they switch it up because that is a snoozefest. There's only Gina who deserves a spot in my opinion!

Well Lexie Maddie and Tess are already in the triangle so they’re bot going to demote any of them. Personally i think they should... the current 2nd years are amazing and it’s not fair that we won’t get to see any of them as point or part of the triangle because the boring girls (sorry, but not sorry) won’t retire. And we all know VK will be point next year and for the next decade soo let’s see what happens this year... maybe they will decide to rotate point more often?

49 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I think that should clear it up. I know I’ve seen speculation that Judy and Kelly wouldn’t allow Kat her natural hair and forced her to wear a wig. 

938FC07B-DE34-402A-9C2A-797BBFBA0EBC.png

Have they ever allowed any woc to show their natural hair? I doubt they just all decided they would rather “not damage their curls”.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well Lexie Maddie and Tess are already in the triangle so they’re bot going to demote any of them. Personally i think they should... the current 2nd years are amazing and it’s not fair that we won’t get to see any of them as point or part of the triangle because the boring girls (sorry, but not sorry) won’t retire. And we all know VK will be point next year and for the next decade soo let’s see what happens this year... maybe they will decide to rotate point more often?

Have they ever allowed any woc to show their natural hair? I doubt they just all decided they would rather “not damage their curls”.

I guess we should ask @ShellyB how that works, but if Kat has been in wigs since 15 I can say with certainty Kelly and Judy had nothing to do with that. I am pretty sure Sasha Agent was natural, her hair was perfection.

But I’ve always had a hard time believing they would have the balls to tell a WOC they can’t wear natural hair when they seem to love curls. And also, that would be blatant racism and idk if they would go there. 

Have we ever seen a WOC with natural hair be given a weave or wig in makeovers? Do they try out with natural hair and get told no because of it?

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
  • Love 4

Looking at VK’s instagram, looks like only Savvy anD Taylor J commented.  Super sweet, all hearts and love, so I’m guessing they are returning.  They are playing the game of schmoozing Princess VK

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyEve said:

Strangely I have a feeling that Sarah Gourley being Amy's host wasn't weird. I might be wrong but I have a strange feeling that Amy WAS connected to Sarah in some way LONG before Amy tried out for DCC. I meant its a little coincident that Sarah is now an instructor (and prob one of Amy's BFF) at Amy's dance studio.

You win!!!!  They both graduated from Oklahoma City University with a degree in Dance Performance, so probably met thru the alumni network.  That's where Madeline S from last season is going as well. 

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Heather is not going to re-audition anymore and has already left, and Molly, who is also not going to re-audition, still has show up at the Live NFL Draft Party.

Why hasn't any of the other girls jumped in to do it instead? Or is it a honour to do it? If so, why can't Heather share this honour?

4 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Heather is not going to re-audition anymore and has already left, and Molly, who is also not going to re-audition, still has show up at the Live NFL Draft Party.

Why hasn't any of the other girls jumped in to do it instead? Or is it a honour to do it? If so, why can't Heather share this honour?

Amber did it yesterday 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Why hasn't any of the other girls jumped in to do it instead? Or is it a honour to do it? If so, why can't Heather share this honour

Maybe because she wanted to be with her boyfriend in Arizona, while Molly's boyfriend is staying with her in Dallas since baseball season is halted????  Molly has to move everything back to California

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I guess we should ask @ShellyB how that works, but if Kat has been in wigs since 15 I can say with certainty Kelly and Judy had nothing to do with that. I am pretty sure Sasha Agent was natural, her hair was perfection.

But I’ve always had a hard time believing they would have the balls to tell a WOC they can’t wear natural hair when they seem to love curls. And also, that would be blatant racism and idk if they would go there. 

Have we ever seen a WOC with natural hair be given a weave or wig in makeovers? Do they try out with natural hair and get told no because of it?

Well I wouldn’t expect anyone from the organization to answer that... it’s not necessarily an “order” but yeah, if they tell you to dye your hair purple you will do it. I just don’t think it’s a coincidence that the few woc they allow on the team just conveniently choose to wear wigs and there are certain expectations that all girls need to adhere to, which aren’t really woc-friendly. Take Jacie for example, she went back to her natural hair the minute she retired. I won’t believe it was entirely her choice, much like the other girls are forced to agree with certain cuts and haircolors.

As with sasha agent, her hairstyle doesn’t look much different to girls like Maddie, Courtney or Amanda. I don’t think we’ve seen this hairstyle on the team yet:

• Love 5

Kat’s got jokes! Thought it was cute how she fake played the boyfriend question on her Insta takeover today. She also referenced her faith a lot but not in the same old what’s your fave bible verse way. 

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

Kat’s got jokes! Thought it was cute how she fake played the boyfriend question on her Insta takeover today. She also referenced her faith a lot but not in the same old what’s your fave bible verse way. 

Yeah, Kat is really fun. I liked her from day one and I was hoping she would make it. I am very glad she did. She is genuine and she adds her great personality in everything she does. I hope she stays a long time a DCC so we get to enjoy her presence a long time. She is a natural and what you would call a primus inter pares.

#TeamKat

• Love 18
On 4/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, CrazyEve said:

I dont call it weak. I call it COWARD. But thats my opinion and I respect yours. But thats how I see Kelli, not weak but a coward. Too coward to stick up for herself with her so called BFF Tina over her daughter VK.

I mean you got daughters who CAME from a legacy background and how many of them got given this much free pass to DCC? Take that girl (from about 7  years ago) whose mother was Natasha something (cheered 1985 or 1987?), what about the other 2 who came when Dayton and Victoria was "rejected" last year? What about Dayton? Yes Dayton made the damn mistake of being late to her makeover, but come over that girl can FREAKING DANCE better than VK. What about Meredith? Didn't Judy "hate" her on her final season because she gained weight and Kelli and Charlotte wouldnt let Liz Router into TCC and Judy just was pissed with some people? Cassie yes ... was given basically "a free pass" esp in her last season, I feel esp with her leg injury. Maybe thats why Jay Johnson isnt shown on tv as much because he questioned why they were being "lenient" towards Cassie having an injury and allowing her a "free pass" to TCC, whilst other vets were given harsh talking to for gaining weight or cut completely without a chance ec

Her current IG takeover .... LOL omg ha the vid of her doing that lyrical, is VK like 2 counts behind everyone else and the others are going "too fast"? Seems to me she is the one who is damn slow and behind everyone else.

Does anyone have a screenshot of Rachel saying Heathers gone back to Arizona? I don't follow her on IG and definately missed that insta story. I cant believe Heathers gone. I guess this means Heather wouldnt be considered for 20/21 all stars? I was actually surprised Heather had a long distance relationship for that long. I thought her bf would have relocated to texas after a while or stayed at his job and looked for a job in texas to be closer to Heather. I guess well done to her for making that work.

8C9FD134-0695-407C-A4E7-A251C725B39D.thumb.jpeg.04ecd034bed85345867e00c36b6cba74.jpeg

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well I wouldn’t expect anyone from the organization to answer that... it’s not necessarily an “order” but yeah, if they tell you to dye your hair purple you will do it. I just don’t think it’s a coincidence that the few woc they allow on the team just conveniently choose to wear wigs and there are certain expectations that all girls need to adhere to, which aren’t really woc-friendly. Take Jacie for example, she went back to her natural hair the minute she retired. I won’t believe it was entirely her choice, much like the other girls are forced to agree with certain cuts and haircolors.

As with sasha agent, her hairstyle doesn’t look much different to girls like Maddie, Courtney or Amanda. I don’t think we’ve seen this hairstyle on the team yet:

Ok I’m not sure how much you all know about black hair but it takes a lot for us to maintain our natural hair. I danced and cheered growing up and honestly it was the best decision for me to wear extensions. Mostly to protect my hair but also for many of the hairstyles I had to have for competitions and performances it was easier to do them with extensions in rather than my natural hair. Even a hair flip is more effective with a sew in and hair flips are a staple in dance and cheer routines. And I know for a fact that my natural hair would not look the same from start to finish while dancing for 3 hours at a football game sweating and with humidity. 

I can’t attest to what the DCC organization thinks toward natural hair. But I’m sure if you ask any of the black DCCs if it is easier to just have a weave or a wig than they would concur with me on this. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 16
26 minutes ago, Monique said:

Ok I’m not sure how much you all know about black hair but it takes a lot for us to maintain our natural hair. I danced and cheered growing up and honestly it was the best decision for me to wear extensions. Mostly to protect my hair but also for many of the hairstyles I had to have for competitions and performances it was easier to do them with extensions in rather than my natural hair. Even a hair flip is more effective with a sew in and hair flips are a staple in dance and cheer routines. And I know for a fact that my natural hair would not look the same from start to finish while dancing for 3 hours at a football game sweating and with humidity. 

I can’t attest to what the DCC organization thinks toward natural hair. But I’m sure if you ask any of the black DCCs if it is easier to just have a weave or a wig than they would concur with me on this. 

I understand it's the same with actresses, it's healthier for the hair to have wigs/extensions than to be subjected to heat styling.

• Love 2

I wish someone would teach Victoria to not smile so big.  Or not to use such large eyelashes.  I can't focus on anything else except her horse teeth, gums and caterpillar eyelashes.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, viccib said:

have to say, I LOVED Kat's insta takeover! so much better than all of the others.

I feel her and Victoria are going to be battling it out for attention.  VK was up and at 'em really early yesterday and then here comes Kat at the crack of dawn today.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Monique said:

This is part of my defense for K&J, I don’t put the blame on them because I’ve never seen someone try out with natural hair and then magically be in a wig. And I’m not their biggest fan (K&J to be clear). 

It’s high maintenance for other curly haired girls too (trust me here) But I love the natural look on a WOC! 

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
  • Love 2

Ok so judge me and everything. But man Kat, when I saw her without her wigs, I just thought, "whose that boy" and "he looks good wearing wigs and going to a drag club and earning money from that.

But aside from that. Kat's the first insta story from DCC that I actually geniunely liked because it wasnt completely the typical questions we been seeing/hearing from everyone else

• Love 8
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I feel her and Victoria are going to be battling it out for attention.  VK was up and at 'em really early yesterday and then here comes Kat at the crack of dawn today.  

Then Kat just might be cut next season if Victoria thinks she's any kind of threat this next season.  After all, Victoria seems to think she's the only one who should be getting any sort of attention from anyone. LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

But aside from that. Kat's the first insta story from DCC that I actually geniunely liked because it wasnt completely the typical questions we been seeing/hearing from everyone else

Yes, there were definitely different questions that Kat was willing to answer. I wonder if others got non-typical (and non-creepy) questions, too, but felt the questions were too still personal to respond to. 

I liked knowing her current job of taking care of kids whose parents are in essential services and her eloquence was great!

• Love 11
12 hours ago, go4luca said:

I wish someone would teach Victoria to not smile so big.  Or not to use such large eyelashes.  I can't focus on anything else except her horse teeth, gums and caterpillar eyelashes.

The eyelashes need to go! I appreciate that lashes are needed on game day and performances but they're so big that it's distracting.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:

If vk host a tcc she will be shown in how she was there to help the girl make the team

But how fair would that TCC be? Another riding the Tina nepotism train... 

21 hours ago, Kimrs said:

It makes perfect sense to TPTB for VK to host a rookie.  Each season focuses on the rookies to the extent that the vets are almost completely ignored, but this would allow VK to be the star of the third season in a row.  Watch VK introduce her to Dallas. Watch VK give her advice on how to be the best rookie DCC just not as perfect as her. 🤣

I will take an immature Victoria over a self absorbed FAKE Holly any day (glad she is gone and I liked her rookie year).  Every time I watch that episode where she defends breaking the rules because she is such a "spectacular" dancer and thought K&J should let it go angers me....  THAT is an example of someone that expects special treatment.  I dont remember Victoria saying she expected special treatment though it was interpreted that way by some 🤨.. Holly on the other hand looked into the cameras and said she did.  BTW I'm not so sure Holly didn't set up a planned wardrobe malfunction  ..... but didn't expect for it to go as badly as it did. I think she meant to catch it like what happened to Tasha 🤨🤨

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, H3705 said:

I will take an immature Victoria over a self absorbed FAKE Holly any day

Agreed. I actually kind of like that Victoria is a bit of a hot mess sometimes. Hahahaha  Makes her seem more real and less cookie cutter!  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, H3705 said:

I will take an immature Victoria over a self absorbed FAKE Holly any day (glad she is gone and I liked her rookie year).  Every time I watch that episode where she defends breaking the rules because she is such a "spectacular" dancer and thought K&J should let it go angers me....  THAT is an example of someone that expects special treatment.  I dont remember Victoria saying she expected special treatment though it was interpreted that way by some 🤨.. Holly on the other hand looked into the cameras and said she did.  BTW I'm not so sure Holly didn't set up a planned wardrobe malfunction  ..... but didn't expect for it to go as badly as it did. I think she meant to catch it like what happened to Tasha 🤨🤨

Tasha had a wardrobe malfunction? Direct me to where it is please cos I think I missed it. Or do you mean the incident where she didn’t know Sean the weather guy?

32 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Tasha had a wardrobe malfunction? Direct me to where it is please cos I think I missed it. Or do you mean the incident where she didn’t know Sean the weather guy?

If you watch her rookie season on her solo the beaded strap came off and she caught it ... I think Kitty warned her about that top LOL!!  When it comes back around on Pluto will watch it again 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, H3705 said:
46 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

If you watch her rookie season on her solo the beaded strap came off and she caught it ... I think Kitty warned her about that top LOL!!  When it comes back around on Pluto will watch it again 

Exactly, Tasha's wasn't an exposure type malfunction, but it sure could have been!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Maven said:

I totally enjoyed her IG takeover. Not only did she start out the day with no makeup (still looking pretty, all natural), she was honest and vulnerable in her responses. She allowed herself to go deeper than some of the other DCC IG takeovers ("How tall are you?" "Who's your boot buddy?" blah blah blah) Yeah, Kat's play on the fake boyfriend was totally cute and funny. ITA regarding her Christian faith. Good for her!

2 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

Yes, there were definitely different questions that Kat was willing to answer. I wonder if others got non-typical (and non-creepy) questions, too, but felt the questions were too still personal to respond to. 

I liked knowing her current job of taking care of kids whose parents are in essential services and her eloquence was great!

I'm with you guys. I liked Kat initially, but then she started grating on my nerves a tiny bit. Her makeup tutorial and then her IG takeover won me back over 100%. She comes across as authentic, geniune, and approachable to me. 

Learning that she intended to tryout in 2017 and recognized that she wasn't ready shows her self awareness and maturity. 

I thought it was unneccesarily rude of someone to post on the DCC IG account that she was unfollowing for the day because she didn't like Kat on the team. It also seemed like Kat's teammates think highly of her.

• Love 22
On 4/15/2020 at 9:38 AM, H3705 said:

I like her ... guess I will always root for the underdog ... and I know its a long shot but I have my fingers crossed she can get to show group as this most likely will be her last year. Hopefully prep classes will get her there 

I so agree with this! Show Group: The Year of the Red Heads!! Jalyn and Savannah should join Hannah. So many blondes and brunettes already ...Bring on the Fire!!  

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Yeah, Kat is really fun. I liked her from day one and I was hoping she would make it. I am very glad she did. She is genuine and she adds her great personality in everything she does. I hope she stays a long time a DCC so we get to enjoy her presence a long time. She is a natural and what you would call a primus inter pares.

#TeamKat

Definitely #TeamKat 

• Love 12
17 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

In the 70’s, they had WOC with afros so it can be done today.  But I agree with the poster who said it is probably just easier to have a wig or weave.  But since I don’t wear either, I don’t really know.  i just want to see a WOC knock it out of the park with locs. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

The eyelashes need to go! I appreciate that lashes are needed on game day and performances but they're so big that it's distracting.

My sister-in-law wears lash extensions and I agree they are very distracting  ..its her choice but I don't find them flattering but to each their own 🙂

25 minutes ago, YellowRose said:

I so agree with this! Show Group: The Year of the Red Heads!! Jalyn and Savannah should join Hannah. So many blondes and brunettes already ...Bring on the Fire!!  

I am so hoping for Savannah ...there is something very genuine and sweet about her.  Even though she didn't make it last season it was like oh well I did my best back to business and she was happy for those that made it especially their first time .... I liked that about her!

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, H3705 said:

My sister-in-law wears lash extensions and I agree they are very distracting  ..its her choice but I don't find them flattering but to each their own 🙂

I am so hoping for Savannah ...there is something very genuine and sweet about her.  Even though she didn't make it last season it was like oh well I did my best back to business and she was happy for those that made it especially their first time .... I liked that about her!

I think Savannah's reaction would be priceless.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Monique said:

Thank you for saying this. I absolutely think that the DCCs’ version of beauty does play a factor.  Regardless however, many of the black women would likely  still opt for a wig/weave as a DCC, even if they may go completely natural outside of DCC. I have a long, curly hair and I wear my natural curls or flat iron my hair on any given day depending on my mood, but I would almost certainly go the wig/weave route if I were a DCC. Trying to manage my natural curls over 3.5 hour games and long practices day after day (where you apparently still can’t throw your hair up or put in a ponytail) would be a complete and total pain! 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:06 AM, dreamcatcher said:

But presumably they would still pay rent? Unless it’s specifically set up through dcc (as in the payments go through them), which would be unfair anyway to the girls who are paying their expenses. But if they don’t get a payment, why would anyone take in a stranger? For the chance to say they are hosting a dcc?

With sarah and former dccs it’s different, it’s still like living with a roommate. I would certainly move into a friend’s family house if needed, but not in a total stranger’s -unless of course you’re right that they wouldn’t pay a dime which ok makes sense in that case.

I would think that even if they’re paying rent while staying with a host, it’s still better than taking out a lease for the girls who are only in Dallas for training camp. It’s much easier to have an agreement with a host where you may pay $600 (just an example) for as long as you stay, but you’re free to move back home if you get cut. It’s very difficult and often very expensive to get an apartment for less than 12 months, and getting cut from training camp is not typically going to be grounds for breaking the lease. So, temporarily staying with a host seems to be a much better option, IMO. 

• Love 5

Kat and Victoria both are very sweet and likable. I don’t agree with the special treatment Victoria received and that has left a bad taste in our mouths but I don’t get negative vibes from her at all. Frequently highlighting certain rookies from the squad like Kat, Amanda and Victoria makes me want to see more of Kelcey, Taylor, Kristin, Chandi and the others. 

• Love 4

Just saw the DCC instagram page.  Blonde Taylor is on it.  Had to look at the name in the text box as I did not recognize her!  so very blonde that it makes Lexie seem dark!  And it looks like Taylor’s been tanning...  she is now an unindistinguishable color.  those in the know, is she usually that tan or orange, and what do K and J think about that shade?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Just saw the DCC instagram page.  Blonde Taylor is on it.  Had to look at the name in the text box as I did not recognize her!  so very blonde that it makes Lexie seem dark!  And it looks like Taylor’s been tanning...  she is now an unindistinguishable color.  those in the know, is she usually that tan or orange, and what do K and J think about that shade?

She is a pretty girl, but she looks like an oompa loompa, I hope Kelli suggests she tone it down. 

• Love 1

Just watched Kat's takeover, I liked her goofy, kind of self-deprecating nature on the show (even if it did get a little annoying at times) but till now wasn't a superfan. She's much classier than she came off on the show, a real fav for me now. 

Wonder if Taylor's orange pic is a lighting issue? Hope so...and the platinum hair isn't helping. 

• Love 10

I'm sorry, but I just don't see what people see in Maddie.  I think her look is so unappealing.  Her interviews are always lackluster and she comes off as immature when she speaks.  I can't believe she will be at point next year.  I wish she would have chosen to retire.  To me, her appearance only looked good her rookie year, and her dancing is not even that great either.  I think if she loves hip hop so much, she should of tried out for DC rhythm and blue.  Sorry not sorry!

I really wish Kelli and Judy would shake things up next year and change the point with veterans from year 2 (going on 3) like Amber, Jalyn, Bridget (if she stays), Ashlee, Caroline, and Hannah.  They are so much more entertaining to watch, than watching Maddie, Tess, Lexie, Miranda (if she isn't retiring).

And I've been paying attention to Lily lately.  I think she will be a one and done girl.  She still comes off to me as timid.  I thought by the end of the season she would come out of her shell more, but I just don't see it.  

image0 (1).png

• Love 14
8 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see what people see in Maddie.  I think her look is so unappealing.  Her interviews are always lackluster and she comes off as immature when she speaks.  I can't believe she will be at point next year.  I wish she would have chosen to retire.  To me, her appearance only looked good her rookie year, and her dancing is not even that great either.  I think if she loves hip hop so much, she should of tried out for DC rhythm and blue.  Sorry not sorry!

I really wish Kelli and Judy would shake things up next year and change the point with veterans from year 2 (going on 3) like Amber, Jalyn, Bridget (if she stays), Ashlee, Caroline, and Hannah.  They are so much more entertaining to watch, than watching Maddie, Tess, Lexie, Miranda (if she isn't retiring).

And I've been paying attention to Lily lately.  I think she will be a one and done girl.  She still comes off to me as timid.  I thought by the end of the season she would come out of her shell more, but I just don't see it.  

image0 (1).png

I completely agree with this entire post. I would LOVE to see the third year girls get a shot at point.

• Love 13

Did anyone watch the draft last night? When Roger Goodell announced the Cowboys’ pick, there was a TV behind him that displayed live video feeds of a bunch of Dallas fans, and there appeared to be a DCC, too. I couldn’t tell who it was, though.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I completely agree with this entire post. I would LOVE to see the third year girls get a shot at point.

Same. Triangle was so boring, unattractive and just didn’t match each other. Please rotate it with those finishing 2nd year - Amber, Bridget, Caroline, Jalyn, Brianna. Go super glam with Erin, Hannah, Rachel w. 
After the mess of Maddie, Lexie, and I don’t even remember who else, anything is better. I take back what I said about it Gina not having the look bc she dances and looks better than 14 year old chubby girl and a Playboy reject. 

prob never going to top the perfection of Holly A, Jacie and Emma, but dang these misfits led by Maddie have got to GO. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Did anyone watch the draft last night? When Roger Goodell announced the Cowboys’ pick, there was a TV behind him that displayed live video feeds of a bunch of Dallas fans, and there appeared to be a DCC, too. I couldn’t tell who it was, though.

It was ashlee and jayln !! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7