Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 4/22/2020 at 3:05 PM, NotthebadVictoria said:

I guess we should ask @ShellyB how that works, but if Kat has been in wigs since 15 I can say with certainty Kelly and Judy had nothing to do with that. I am pretty sure Sasha Agent was natural, her hair was perfection.

But I’ve always had a hard time believing they would have the balls to tell a WOC they can’t wear natural hair when they seem to love curls. And also, that would be blatant racism and idk if they would go there. 

Have we ever seen a WOC with natural hair be given a weave or wig in makeovers? Do they try out with natural hair and get told no because of it?

Hair consults and makeovers during TC mostly determine the hairstyles. Most girls show up with extensions, or in Kat’s case, a wig and their styles are tweaked. It’s been a while since I can remember anyone with their natural hair. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 4/27/2020 at 12:59 AM, Blue hues said:

Does the DCC provide the outfits for these videos?  I know the pro shop does, but this dress plus the other one VK was wearing in ONE of her videos seem similar.  Rachel looks like she’s wearing one of VKs audition dresses here.

Wow...this is beautiful...I’ve watched it 10 times.  Such a beautiful dancer.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, kalibean said:

So great. One of the comments asked if she had extensions...and she’s all, no. We didn’t have extensions in the 80’s. 

How did those braids not smack her in the face every time she jumped? 😳

• LOL 7
On 4/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Seriously, she invites people to DM her on her personal IG account?????  Do the girls not have social media training anymore?  I mean, it's bad enough that Victoria responds to comments she shouldn't on FB, tiktok, and IG from creeps.  And the fact that she does respond to almost every comment.  I feel she needs to maintain some sort of distance.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, Monique said:

I don't care for Victoria but I don't see anything wrong with inviting people to DM her with questions they may have. She isn't obligated to answer them and I guess depending on the question and the person her answers could be beneficial.

But TBH if it is about auditions or anything DCC related there's like at least 36 other people they should consider asking before her. 

For someone who was supposedly so severely bullied/traumatized via social media & DMs after her first try out, this is a very questionable thing to do. All the bullies suddenly disappeared after she made the team? If it was really that bad, I would have turned off commenting & DMs, or at least stopped reading them -- and certainly wouldn't be inviting strangers to DM me.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

For someone who was supposedly so severely bullied/traumatized via social media & DMs after her first try out, this is a very questionable thing to do. All the bullies suddenly disappeared after she made the team? If it was really that bad, I would have turned off commenting & DMs, or at least stopped reading them -- and certainly wouldn't be inviting strangers to DM me.

This!!!!

• Love 8

I have DM'd Victoria several times and she has always answered very graciously. I haven't sent anything negative. I wouldn't do that. I think Victoria is a doll. I think she has matured and earned her spot on the team. That being said, the season she was cut was a bit much. I don't hold that against her though because she had no control over any of that. 

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Ok,  forgive my ignorance, but what is DM?

Direct message.  Some say PM - personal message.  So sending messages to someone through Instagram that only you two can see.

• Love 1

Gina must have gotten good news from the doctor as she posted “See you at Finals” today. And the way Heather wished good luck to everyone should confirm her retirement for any still unsure of her status.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

Gina must have gotten good news from the doctor as she posted “See you at Finals” today. And the way Heather wished good luck to everyone should confirm her retirement for any still unsure of her status.

She moved to Arizona 

3 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

She posted it on IG, answered DM's on Twitter and IG about it, moved to Arizona a couple of weeks ago, and some on Facebook are still asking for confirmation🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She posted it on IG, answered DM's on Twitter and IG about it, moved to Arizona a couple of weeks ago, and some on Facebook are still asking for confirmation🤣

Yeah, I believed it about 3 weeks ago but additional proof always seems a good idea for those who continue to seek it 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

some on Facebook are still asking for confirmation

Doesn't surprise me. Some FB fans were asking where Lacey was .... during S14. As in the S14 where she had a whole segment saying goodbye to the team with the rest of the retiring vets .... 😑

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 4/23/2020 at 9:33 AM, DCC-UK said:

The eyelashes need to go! I appreciate that lashes are needed on game day and performances but they're so big that it's distracting.

I agree with this for most people. Some lash extensions are natural, but when they are so big and thick that it is clear they are not your own, its not attractive. Ashton Torres still wears them every day, and on her IG posts, she almost looks like her eyelids are weighed down from them. She looks horrible. These women do not need all that as pretty as they are. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I am not a Lisa fan at all. I didn't like her at auditions last year, and I don't like her now. She comes across snotty and full of herself. She doesn't have the DCC look, and I think she is very muscular. Now, I like that look, but when they haven't taken people in the past such as ex Rams cheerleader Lacey, or Vivian the first time she tried out because they were too muscular in the leg area, then I call BS. They need to be consistent when picking a squad. Taylor, who drove the lifted truck, was a fantastic dancer, but her kicks were low, yet, they took McKenzie Lee, and her kicks were just as low. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, AAT said:

I am not a Lisa fan at all. I didn't like her at auditions last year, and I don't like her now. She comes across snotty and full of herself. She doesn't have the DCC look, and I think she is very muscular. Now, I like that look, but when they haven't taken people in the past such as ex Rams cheerleader Lacey, or Vivian the first time she tried out because they were too muscular in the leg area, then I call BS. They need to be consistent when picking a squad. Taylor, who drove the lifted truck, was a fantastic dancer, but her kicks were low, yet, they took McKenzie Lee, and her kicks were just as low. 

I haven't paid attention to Lisa very much, but I agree with you on being consistent, which they haven't.  It seems that, in some cases, they're looking for reasons to CUT a girl instead of looking for reasons why she should be on the squad.  They knew Taylor and MacKenzie Lee had low kicks and that Mackenzie was very pretty while Taylor was a powerful dancer (and I think they even said her only problem was her low kicks), but they did everything they could to put MacKenzie on the squad while Taylor got cut.  Taylor should have gotten at least ONE year on the squad, but she didn't even get that.  Good thing she never came back.  She was too good for the team.  Taryn, Kyndall, and a few other girls as well.  Why drag them all the way to the end when you know you're not going to put them on the squad?  If it's just for ratings, then that sucks, especially when there are other girls who SHOULDN'T have made the squad but did, even if it was for 1 year just because Kelli advocated for them when it was clear they were just a pretty face who lacked memory, dance, or a thousand other things that should have gotten them cut.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Taylor should have gotten at least ONE year on the squad

If Morgan could have been given a year (and I like Morgan), I don't see why Taylor wasn't..and I also agree with you about Taryn and Kyndall.  While I'm at it, I think Vivian should have had a shot too.

• Love 19

I definitely agree about their inconsistency and double standards in general (Meredith making it this season), but I do think there are different degrees of issues that justifies why some cheerleader's issues are not dealbreakers, while it is for others.  With Taylor, McKenzie, and Kali, you had 3 girls who were great performers with bad kicks. Two mde it, and the other did not. In those cases, I can see why the disparities occurred. 

I liked Taylor, but I thought her kicks were worse than McKenzie's kicks or Kali's kicks. They could at least blend with the group; she couldn't, iMO. I also think the composition of the rookie classes mattered quite a bit, and that Taylor may have made it had she been a rookie in either of those years. McKenzie's TCC group was primarily made up of a lot of fine, but not super powerful dancers, so McKenzie really stuck out as a powerful performer. Kali's rookie group was weird. There were lots of girls who were excellent with no real weaknesses, but then another crop of who all were just ok dancers with no real strengths. Kali was basically able to stay in the middle of the road as someone who had bad kicks, but at least had a huge strength (powerful dancer to offset it). It also helped that they took 3 extra girls. Taylor was unlucky that they only took 34, and while I think the team would have been fine with both her and Selina (or Courtney), I didn't find Taylor's cut shocking or all that unwarranted based on the girls who were remaining at the time (though she shouldn't have been dragged along all summer; it was obvious that her kicks were never going to get where they wanted them to be). 

• Love 8
(edited)

Does anyone know which of the girls have had to sub out of games this year due to having 37 ladies on the team? Or even just who had to sit out of the first game? I’ve always wondered this but I could never seem to figure it out!! 

Edited by Emchammy
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Emchammy said:

Does anyone know which of the girls have had to sub out of games this year due to having 41 ladies on the team? Or even just who had to sit out of the first game? I’ve always wondered this but I could never seem to figure it out!! 

They had 37 I know Rachel a sat out briana sat out 

Just now, Holly85 said:

They had 37 I know Rachel a sat out briana sat out 

Ah sorry, I’m exhausted and I guess I wasn’t concentrating! Oh wow, I wonder how they did the selection process. I always assumed each of the rookies would have to lose a game or two, and any injuries could obviously cause someone to need a game off but after that, the whole concept seemed confusing to me!

1 hour ago, Emchammy said:

Ah sorry, I’m exhausted and I guess I wasn’t concentrating! Oh wow, I wonder how they did the selection process. I always assumed each of the rookies would have to lose a game or two, and any injuries could obviously cause someone to need a game off but after that, the whole concept seemed confusing to me!

I think Gina sat out 2 or 3 with her injury.  Then Molly, Rachel A, Brianna, Kat - each one game.  I think Meredith sat out 2 games.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, AAT said:

I am not a Lisa fan at all. I didn't like her at auditions last year, and I don't like her now.

I won't say she's my favorite of the rookie class, but I don't mind her that much.

As far as the most recent class goes ...

Favorite
Chandi - Great ambassador. Sweet personality. Good dancer. If she stays 2 or 3 more years, I hope TPTB move her up the triangle.

The ones I really like
Kelcey
Amanda
Kristin

Meh
Kat
Meredith
Lisa
Taylor P
Lilly

No
Victoria

• Love 12
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

If Morgan could have been given a year (and I like Morgan), I don't see why Taylor wasn't..and I also agree with you about Taryn and Kyndall.  While I'm at it, I think Vivian should have had a shot too.

Oh man, lost me at the end. Beautiful girl, but the drama and inconsistent dancing, yikes. But also the Facebook friends and the poem 😬

At least Kelli is consistently inconsistent!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I haven't paid attention to Lisa very much, but I agree with you on being consistent, which they haven't.  It seems that, in some cases, they're looking for reasons to CUT a girl instead of looking for reasons why she should be on the squad.  They knew Taylor and MacKenzie Lee had low kicks and that Mackenzie was very pretty while Taylor was a powerful dancer (and I think they even said her only problem was her low kicks), but they did everything they could to put MacKenzie on the squad while Taylor got cut.  Taylor should have gotten at least ONE year on the squad, but she didn't even get that.  Good thing she never came back.  She was too good for the team.  Taryn, Kyndall, and a few other girls as well.  Why drag them all the way to the end when you know you're not going to put them on the squad?  If it's just for ratings, then that sucks, especially when there are other girls who SHOULDN'T have made the squad but did, even if it was for 1 year just because Kelli advocated for them when it was clear they were just a pretty face who lacked memory, dance, or a thousand other things that should have gotten them cut.

Taryn should have made it over Savannah and Christine. I thought she was cute as a button and had such a sweet personality. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, AAT said:

I agree with this for most people. Some lash extensions are natural, but when they are so big and thick that it is clear they are not your own, its not attractive. Ashton Torres still wears them every day, and on her IG posts, she almost looks like her eyelids are weighed down from them. She looks horrible. These women do not need all that as pretty as they are. 

Ashton no longer has her long eyelashes...possibly because the lash companies are closed right now. With, or without eyelashes, she is one pretty girl! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, AAT said:

Taryn should have made it over Savannah and Christine. I thought she was cute as a button and had such a sweet personality. 

Taryn and Brennan were two that should have made it that year while Christina and possibly (cough, probably) Savannah.  However, it seems that Tara and Savannah were a package deal that year because Kelli was hoping for another Danielle/Jasmine buddy story where they stayed for multiple years and Kelli could use them for a story-line whether they wanted to or not.

Taryn was gorgeous, sweet and a hard worker who would have improved over the years she was on the squad had she been given a chance.  Wasn't she also one that Kelli wished would reaudition or was there another girl?

• Love 8

I think they would have liked to see Taryn again, but I think she really gave her all in her performances and TC, so I don't know that she would have come back with the greater flexibility or performance pop she was lacking. She had it in moments but didn't seem to keep them up consistently.

As for this last year's triangle, Amy did far better than I expected, but I am so ready for her to retire! She was among my least favorites of her rookie class, mostly because I didn't care for her look and thought she was a sort of boring dancer, but her dancing and performance improved greatly over the years. I definitely liked looking at her better at point than Maddie, but I did not love point choices for this year. I think Tess should be behind point--that diamond spot would be good for her and easier to balance out the height of the triangle--though honestly, I'd prefer to see Hannah behind point. Lexie was actually the one I enjoyed most in the triangle this year. I like watching Lexie dance way more than Alexis (going back to a discussion several pages back). I think she has the look and performance energy, is a cleaner dancer than Alexis, and to me, always is fun to watch perform. I think Gina would be a better and more worthy point than all of them for this year. They typically don't take point away (unless you're Jenna!), so I predict Maddie will share point again this year and I hope it's with Lexie or Gina. Gina better be in that triangle this year!! Glad her recovery is going so well. I agree with other posters that I'd love for seniority not to matter (we know it doesn't have to b.c Crystal T was point in her year 3), and I'd love for this upcoming 3rd-year group to have a shot at great spots this year. I am not sure when I'll get over Bridget retiring, but it's not today. 

• Love 10
23 hours ago, AAT said:

This!!  I'm still salty over it!  Taylor was just as pretty and was a fantastic dancer.  She was a firecracker for sure when she danced!  Her kicks were no lower/tighter than McKenzie.  She really should have made the squad. 

18 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oh I definitely think Taryn and Kendall should have had at least a year!  Vivian should have had a shot her first year she tried out as well.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, kalibean said:

Oh man, lost me at the end. Beautiful girl, but the drama and inconsistent dancing, yikes. But also the Facebook friends and the poem 😬

I meant Vivian's 1st year, so in that scenario she wouldn't have written a poem 😄 

52 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Taryn and Brennan were two that should have made it that year while Christina and possibly (cough, probably) Savannah. 

Celinda was another one who I think should have been given a shot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, ByTor said:

You had me right until the end there!

I thought Taylor could've been a great addition to the squad but her kicks were just too low with very little signs of improvement. 

Taryn and Kyndall should've been given a chance in their seasons. Both seemed like sweet girls and probably just needed a season under their belts to get their confidence up. We often see those sort of girls having a solid second year too! 

Brennan should also have been taken on at least one season early! 

I think Vivian would've been another Kalyssa, stayed for the performances and then sacked it off during the off-season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I think Vivian would've been another Kalyssa, stayed for the performances and then sacked it off during the off-season.

I'm not sure about that.  After not making DCC, didn't she stay with Ice Angels for at least 2 years?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I'm not sure about that.  After not making DCC, didn't she stay with Ice Angels for at least 2 years?

I was thinking the same thing about Vivian. Girl worked her "drumstick thighs" off to come back and earn a spot back in TC. I think she would've relished the opportunity and attempted to come back as a veteran.

• Love 4
Just now, Meleighsa said:

I was thinking the same thing about Vivian. Girl worked her "drumstick thighs" off to come back and earn a spot back in TC. I think she would've relished the opportunity and attempted to come back as a veteran.

I agree.  I want to say she ended up as a "captain" for Ice Angels.  Sad to say, but I think there was something about not making DCC that really screwed with her head.  I think she always had confidence issues, and that rejection stayed with her & made her worse.

• Love 6

I actually really like Savannah. She’s one of the weaker dancers in DCC style, but she’s just a lovely human overall. She’s also very coachable and continually shows improvement. I think that’s why she made it over other TCC, and why she won TOTY.  I’m sure they liked the story line, but Tara was always a blender with short legs in my opinion. And I know it’s an unpopular one. lol. 

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Tara was always a blender with short legs in my opinion. And I know it’s an unpopular one. lol. 

Not unpopular with me 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I agree.  I want to say she ended up as a "captain" for Ice Angels.  Sad to say, but I think there was something about not making DCC that really screwed with her head.  I think she always had confidence issues, and that rejection stayed with her & made her worse.

Completely agree!  I go to her Instagram occasionally and though I am all for body positivity, the girl has gone overboard!  She is constantly posting about how she used to feel and how she was bullied when she was on DCC:MTT and how they laughed at her because of her weight.  She even went on a podcast to chastise K/J.  I think you are right, it completely futzed with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/25/2020 at 5:41 AM, Nelliephant said:

I went on her Instagram to see what the comments were, no one is calling out the obvious Photoshop. It's like a 14 year old trying facetune for the first time. It's mainly the eyes, but also the waist, you can see she's pulled it in making the sleeve look weird. 

I have a friend that tunes her photos all the time ... she is in her mid 30's and I really do think its a body image thing and a fear of aging ... which is sad .... we as women should lift each other up not the opposite 🥰

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, H3705 said:

I have a friend that tunes her photos all the time ... she is in her mid 30's and I really do think its a body image thing and a fear of aging ... which is sad .... we as women should lift each other up not the opposite 🥰

I think you are on to something!  I was thinking that Vivian likes to relive the (un)Glory Days!

• Useful 1
43 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Completely agree!  I go to her Instagram occasionally and though I am all for body positivity, the girl has gone overboard!  She is constantly posting about how she used to feel and how she was bullied when she was on DCC:MTT and how they laughed at her because of her weight.  She even went on a podcast to chastise K/J.  I think you are right, it completely futzed with her.

I like Vivian, but I tend to agree. She has gained a large amount of weight, yet constantly posts bikini shots, and talks on and on about living herself the way she is. It reeks if over compensation to me. Like she is trying desperately to convince herself and everyone ekse that she loves herself now. 

• Love 3

Yeah, I don’t really see Vivian like Kalyssa. With Kalyssa, it seems like she viewed DCC as a means of launching her other endeavors. With Vivian, I think DCC would’ve been her life (though not necessarily in a good way). I agree with others that she seemed to have real self esteem issues. As for the team, I think she should’ve made it over Kaitlin and Morgan her first training camp, and I don’t think she was any weaker than Ashley Pro her second year. I didn’t have a problem with her cut though. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not unpopular with me 🙂 

Nor with me. This is petty but Tara's ongoing dark roots DROVE. ME. CRAZY.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 4/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, Muckypup61 said:

Oh, heavens yes! Season 2 had Loni, Natalie, Stacy Jo, etal. And they were all so well spoken! And their voices were the voices of mature women, not little girl, sugary sweet!

OMG, yes! I am glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this! It seems like over the years, TPTB has moved more toward the "little girl" look and manner of speaking, etc., vs. promoting the image of mature, accomplished women. Women who act like mature, intelligent adults, in speech and poise, are few and far between these days when the squads of the early to mid 2000s had plenty of them. Lauren was one, Heather is another, Caroline is another but they are definitely an endangered species in the DCC ranks nowadays!

• Love 13