Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

what's this ? a missed opportunity of the DCC ??

{sorry I don't know how to load the video directly, s here is the link to play the video}

"Frisco Fighters Bombshells perform for residents at senior care center

The Frisco Fighters Bombshells held a special Easter weekend performance for a group of seniors. "

https://www.fox4news.com/news/frisco-fighters-bombshells-perform-for-residents-at-senior-care-center

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, sATL said:

{sorry I don't know how to load the video directly, s here is the link to play the video}

The Frisco Fighters Bombshells held a special Easter weekend performance for a group of seniors. "

https://www.fox4news.com/news/frisco-fighters-bombshells-perform-for-residents-at-senior-care-center

Oh my, that performance was underwhelming. They looked like they were marking

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I've never even heard of the Frisco Fighters and I live in DFW.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Where I live we're allowed to travel locally (governor says don't travel to other states but I don't see how he can enforce that.  He also said that people that came in from another state to attend a church service yesterday had "brought the virus in" which is wierd) and visit "essential" businesses like grocery stores, pharmacies and pet supply stores to name a few (everything else is closed).

Those two ladies came from North Jersey, which has a lot of cases, & drove to KY for church. He was the one that chose to have services but I got the impression he wasn’t happy about those ladies. 

4 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Those two ladies came from North Jersey, which has a lot of cases, & drove to KY for church. He was the one that chose to have services but I got the impression he wasn’t happy about those ladies. 

Yes! That's the incident I was talking about.  Are you in Ky?

3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Yes! That's the incident I was talking about.  Are you in Ky?

No, I’m in Central Jersey & saw the article on a local site. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It’s one of the questions that few of the ladies arent answering on there 

I noticed that too. I wonder if they're choosing to not answer it or if TPTB are advising them not to.

1 minute ago, Erinbridget said:

I noticed that too. I wonder if they're choosing to not answer it or if TPTB are advising them not to.

Well when I watched the podcast with Tess it kind of slipped out and she asked if it was ok to say it 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, sATL said:

The video said that they're a new team for an indoor football team, so I applaud their outreach efforts and that according to the coach, they took precautions when choreographing and practicing the routine, doing so completely online. They looked pretty and it was nice seeing different body types, too.

• Love 4
On 4/13/2020 at 9:13 AM, Holly85 said:

F27BBC96-C61B-427D-8443-F8011BC6FEB7.jpeg

Yay! I'm happy to see the rookies included in the Takeovers. Was starting to get a bit worried they'd be left out. By now I have my favorites, but I'm excited to see and learn more about others in the rookie class :)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Pfff... so the triangle will be lackluster for yet another season... and then we will have VK as point for the next 5-6 seasons. Great!

Yup pretty much and another season of her being a group leader 

Edited by Holly85
Added something
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Yup pretty much and another season of her being a group leader 

That means there are only 2 GL spots and if i’m not mistaken, all 4 current 2GLs are coming back? Let’s see who gets promoted!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

That means there are only 2 GL spots and if i’m not mistaken, all 4 current 2GLs are coming back? Let’s see who gets promoted!

Not sure abt Miranda haven’t heard anything abt her or Alexis 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCFan123 said:

breathtaking!

Victoria should watch this video and others of similar, or better, quality dancing, take notes, and apply those notes to her own dancing.  But then, we know that she won't do anything of the sort.  Her technique is bad enough that she obviously wasn't paying attention to her teachers or their critiques.

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Victoria should watch this video and others of similar, or better, quality dancing, take notes, and apply those notes to her own dancing.  But then, we know that she won't do anything of the sort.  Her technique is bad enough that she obviously wasn't paying attention to her teachers or their critiques.

It was such a beautiful piece Erin and Hannah did 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, Kelli decided that she deserves SG over Jalyn and Erin who are both amazing dancers who can actually get professional gigs without relying on their mommies’ connections. How would VK ever believe she’s anything but amazing when that’s what she’s been told her whole life?

I liked Bridget’s responses. We got some behind the scenes clips. Honestly, they should be encouraged to share that kind of stuff, as well as their solos. How many times do we need to hear about the amazing calendar shoot and community outreach, the abbey bear and pinky ring, the groups etc?

• Love 15
10 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Of course Bridget didn't say if she's trying out again or not....but let us know what the DCC Barbie is. Lol

I’m disappointed she didn’t do any “live” segments like the others have done.

• Love 2
On 3/31/2020 at 9:46 PM, Holly85 said:

Savannah is coming back she has been doing dcc prep with a lot of the girls 

I like her ... guess I will always root for the underdog ... and I know its a long shot but I have my fingers crossed she can get to show group as this most likely will be her last year. Hopefully prep classes will get her there 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Considering Hannah and Erin are older they should have more technique ... I like to watch Victoria do the lyrical pieces and she will grow as these lovely ladies did also .. I'm only 5'4 and would kill for long legs like that LOL!!

15 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Of course Bridget didn't say if she's trying out again or not....but let us know what the DCC Barbie is. Lol

I missed the Barbie post, but am glad she skipped favorite bible verse lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, H3705 said:

Considering Hannah and Erin are older they should have more technique ... I like to watch Victoria do the lyrical pieces and she will grow as these lovely ladies did also .. I'm only 5'4 and would kill for long legs like that LOL!!

Technique should be something you're learning from the moment you step foot into your first class.  It is something that should be CONSTANTLY practiced and refined.   Age is only a small part of things and, frankly, there are girls who are MUCH younger than Victoria who have impeccable technique because they put in the work.  From what I've seen of Victoria's dancing, she hasn't put in the work to really hone her technique and improve on it.  If she went on other auditions, she most likely wouldn't make it past the first round as there are too many better dancers.

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If she went on other auditions, she most likely wouldn't make it past the first round as there are too many better dancers.

Like the SYTYCD audition she went on last year?  

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Like the SYTYCD audition she went on last year?  

Yep.  I seem to remember that she was asked why she didn't move on to the next round and her reply was that she wanted to focus on the DCC.

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Yep.  I seem to remember that she was asked why she didn't move on to the next round and her reply was that she wanted to focus on the DCC.

I forget if she said she was asked but wanted to focus on DCC or if she wasn't asked to move on and used the DCC as an excuse as why she didn't move on.

4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I forget if she said she was asked but wanted to focus on DCC or if she wasn't asked to move on and used the DCC as an excuse as why she didn't move on.

A gal on one of the FB fan pages said she knew her, and asked her how it went.  VK told her that she had decided to focus on DCC instead.  No indication if she was asked or not.

Edited by scorpio1031
38 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I would kill to have her hair. 

Yes actually, I’d rather have her do a tutorial on how she gets her hair to look like that ( pre-curling). She looks much better with her straight hair too. 

Honestly, I get how they do their hair and makeup, it’s not much different than any of the tutorials you can find on youtube. BUT I want to know how they get their make up and hair to last throughout the game. Are they allowed to go back and fix them? 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Rachel W’s hair is so beautiful, then again she is stunning anyway. I’d love to know how it’s cut also, since it looks so great straight also. I know they had Kat do a makeup tutorial, but I’d love for Rachel W to do one also, her makeup here is is great, and her eyeshadow blends so well. Yes, I know, #girlcrush. 

3 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Amen sister!

• Love 5
On 4/15/2020 at 9:15 PM, EricaShadows said:

Technique should be something you're learning from the moment you step foot into your first class.  It is something that should be CONSTANTLY practiced and refined.   Age is only a small part of things and, frankly, there are girls who are MUCH younger than Victoria who have impeccable technique because they put in the work.  From what I've seen of Victoria's dancing, she hasn't put in the work to really hone her technique and improve on it.  If she went on other auditions, she most likely wouldn't make it past the first round as there are too many better dancers.

Well kudos to those with "impeccable" technique  ..... still like her and she is still a DCC 😉  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, H3705 said:

Well kudos to those with "impeccable" technique  ..... still like her and she is still a DCC 😉  

Yes, she is.  I'll stop now before I get myself in trouble.  I've gotten better about filtering what comes out of my mouth, but it doesn't always work.  I do appreciate the good debates even when we don't agree.

• Love 9
On 4/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, Fwcowboysfan said:

I’m in Texas. It’s fine to be on the roads. In your car is no different than being in your house.  I drove several hours today just to look at wildflowers. 

I have lots of friends that have favorite bible verses. It’s not unusual, weird or anything else. 

I think it is great to get a fresh change of scenery... & Btw---I love wild flowers! And I'm in GA & it feel it is fine to be in ur car travelling down the road IMO it is the same as being in the house really...I don't know of a virus that can penetrate thru car doors! Lol --Glad u got to see the wildflowers! And I too have a couple fave verses....looks like we have alot in common! Oh and u love DCC just like me! I don't know u, but hey we do share a lot of the same viewpoints! So grateful for this board! I'm completely obsessed with DCC and MTT. Least I am not alone on this & I love reading all of these posts. Long time lurker, but just recently posting!

• Love 1
On 4/17/2020 at 3:56 AM, Erinbridget said:

You can buy it just like she does. I find it extremely annoying that she doesn’t mention how much of her hair is extensions. 

I try to like Rachel W and think she would fit in the diamond. Maybe not triangle, but a diamond.

something though just comes off so snooty condescending and false with her though, and that whistle in her baby voice is super annoying. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing as hair extensions until this TV show and they started pulling them out at makeover.   I guess I'm living a very sheltered life.

I always knew about hair extensions but it was only recently that I realized how many regular people I know wear them. It actually made me feel a lot better about myself lol, I used to think all these women had just naturally amazing hair. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing as hair extensions until this TV show and they started pulling them out at makeover.   I guess I'm living a very sheltered life.

Nothing wrong whatsoever with extensions, wigs, dye, fake lashes, veneers, boob job, whatever, just wrong to me when people deny them or act like they are all 💯 natural. 

You can kind of see when she shows how to clip the back her lines. 

She’s def a pageant girl who goes all out with the glam but ladies don’t think you can’t look more like this and that she woke up like that. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Nothing wrong whatsoever with extensions, wigs, dye, fake lashes, veneers, boob job, whatever, just wrong to me when people deny them or act like they are all 💯 natural. 

You can kind of see when she shows how to clip the back her lines. 

She’s def a pageant girl who goes all out with the glam but ladies don’t think you can’t look more like this and that she woke up like that. 

Well to be fair, all of them have something fake on them (boobs, nose, hair, eyelashes) and are covered in makeup and hair products. I don’t think it’s just Rachel. 

• Love 11