Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 4/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, NotthebadVictoria said:

I think that should clear it up. I know I’ve seen speculation that Judy and Kelly wouldn’t allow Kat her natural hair and forced her to wear a wig. 

938FC07B-DE34-402A-9C2A-797BBFBA0EBC.png

OMG!! I love her natural hair!!! 🙂

• Love 11
On 4/22/2020 at 1:11 AM, CrazyEve said:

What is a MIL suite? I've never heard of it

Mother In Law suite - in my case, it was just a nice size bedroom with it's own bathroom on the other side of my house.  So awesome when my parents would come to visit!   That way they had a little more space to themselves and didn't have to worry about waking up the rest of the house if they got up super early, etc.  

On 4/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, CrazyEve said:

As for for rent can someone tell me what the rough rent prices in Texas area is please? Also whats the contract like? For example (I am from UK) and here in the UK, when you rent a property out it usually has a minimum stay of 6 months or 1 year contract and if IF you want to leave before the minimum term you need to pay out the rest of the contract eg if I take a 6 months contract out, and I decide to leave after 1 month I need to pay the rest of the 5 month contract up front to leave after 1 month.

This is super tricky to answer, because rents fluctuate wildly in the DFW area.  It's MASSIVE.  The Star is located in a northern suburb, Frisco.  The Stadium is in Arlington, which is a southern "mid-city."  I would assume a DCC would prefer to live close-ish to The Star, given that they take buses to games and traffic in DFW is horrific.  (And I say that as someone who has also lived in Seattle and travels frequently to LA.)  

There are also a TON of long-term Air B&B options in Frisco, Plano, Addison, North Dallas, etc. all optimal locations to get to The Star.  I owned my house in Plano (4 br with a pool) and sold it for $335k.  Dallas is still one of the cheapest large cities to live!  If a house like mine would rent for $2.5-3k a month, very reasonable for four DCC to get together to split.  

A two bedroom apartment would probably be about $2k, at least the newer ones that we typically see when the girls are featured.  That said, those are ALSO popular options on VRBO and Air B&B.  There is also a ton of corporate housing options in that area (The Star is close to the headquarters for Toyota, JCPenney, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Yum Brands, Container Store, etc.)

19 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I would think that even if they’re paying rent while staying with a host, it’s still better than taking out a lease for the girls who are only in Dallas for training camp. It’s much easier to have an agreement with a host where you may pay $600 (just an example) for as long as you stay, but you’re free to move back home if you get cut. It’s very difficult and often very expensive to get an apartment for less than 12 months, and getting cut from training camp is not typically going to be grounds for breaking the lease. So, temporarily staying with a host seems to be a much better option, IMO. 

Agreed!  And if they are friend of a friend type situations, I bet they're staying for considerably less.  There are probably a lot of DCC alumni and other people affiliated with the dance community that think it's part of their duty/mentorship/etc. to host these gals.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

The Star is located in a northern suburb, Frisco.  The Stadium is in Arlington, which is a southern "mid-city."

Wait a minute, you mean the Star and the stadium aren't in the same city?  You learn something new every day, I always assumed they were right next to each other!

• Love 4
On 4/21/2020 at 6:12 PM, dreamcatcher said:

This one?

yes! Thank you! I must have gone right past it. I do find it interesting that it isn't on Jen's YouTube, especially when her previous two videos styled like this are on there. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Mother In Law suite - in my case, it was just a nice size bedroom with it's own bathroom on the other side of my house.  So awesome when my parents would come to visit!   That way they had a little more space to themselves and didn't have to worry about waking up the rest of the house if they got up super early, etc.  

This is super tricky to answer, because rents fluctuate wildly in the DFW area.  It's MASSIVE.  The Star is located in a northern suburb, Frisco.  The Stadium is in Arlington, which is a southern "mid-city."  I would assume a DCC would prefer to live close-ish to The Star, given that they take buses to games and traffic in DFW is horrific.  (And I say that as someone who has also lived in Seattle and travels frequently to LA.)  

There are also a TON of long-term Air B&B options in Frisco, Plano, Addison, North Dallas, etc. all optimal locations to get to The Star.  I owned my house in Plano (4 br with a pool) and sold it for $335k.  Dallas is still one of the cheapest large cities to live!  If a house like mine would rent for $2.5-3k a month, very reasonable for four DCC to get together to split.  

A two bedroom apartment would probably be about $2k, at least the newer ones that we typically see when the girls are featured.  That said, those are ALSO popular options on VRBO and Air B&B.  There is also a ton of corporate housing options in that area (The Star is close to the headquarters for Toyota, JCPenney, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Yum Brands, Container Store, etc.)

Going off topic a little I know. Ah ok I don't know why but I thought this mil suite you guys was talking about was some executive suite in a the star or at+t sadium or something!!!!

Ah whats the air b+b (and others) prices like in dfw even for a week, even the popular ones, like around 2k or more? I know here in the uk they can be a little more expensive because you are not physically tied to a permanent rental contract esp in certain weeks depending on events nearby etc. Damn either way its still expensive

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Wait a minute, you mean the Star and the stadium aren't in the same city?  You learn something new every day, I always assumed they were right next to each other!

Yea they are not, which explains why the girls have a "bus buddy" I mean why the hell would they need one if they were next to each other

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyEve said:

Yea they are not, which explains why the girls have a "bus buddy" I mean why the hell would they need one if they were next to each other

Because I didn't realize the bus left from The Star.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Texas Stadium and Valley Ranch were at least both in Irving, which is one of the cities between Dallas and Fort Worth.  Still over ten miles apart, though!

The Star and AT&T Stadium are 36 miles apart, require your choice of toll roads, and are anywhere from 40 minutes to 90 minutes apart depending on traffic 🙂  

My guess is that Jerry picked whichever city gave him the most incentives, distance be damned.  IIRC correctly, Jerry lives in Highland Park (beautiful little enclave right in the middle of Dallas) and I think Charlotte might live in Preston Hallow?  I can't remember, though, and I imagine they also have a suite or two or ten at the complex at The Star.

Also, I am BEYOND READY for this eyelash extension trend to end.  VK looks ridiculous for many reasons besides it, but they just reminded me.  Looks like damn feathers on 90% of the people I see who get them.  Fake lashes as part of a dramatic make-up look, fantastic.  Even on game day.  For every day?  And for just pushing out a newborn?  (Seen that at least ten times.)  For pete's sake.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I’ve watched Ashley’s Tiktok a few times now and I’m sad to say I’m just not really impressed. She’s good but not show group triangle good. Adorable dimples but I’m not as wowed as everybody else. Wish I was. 

I have quite a few favorites from her rookie class i’d rather see in the triangle first, but I do think she’s better than anyone in the current triangle. I for sure think she needs one more season and that Bridget, Caroline, Jalyn, Alanna, Rachel, Amber or Hanna deserve a spot already. What a great rookie class!

53 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Texas Stadium and Valley Ranch were at least both in Irving, which is one of the cities between Dallas and Fort Worth.  Still over ten miles apart, though!

The Star and AT&T Stadium are 36 miles apart, require your choice of toll roads, and are anywhere from 40 minutes to 90 minutes apart depending on traffic 🙂  

My guess is that Jerry picked whichever city gave him the most incentives, distance be damned.  IIRC correctly, Jerry lives in Highland Park (beautiful little enclave right in the middle of Dallas) and I think Charlotte might live in Preston Hallow?  I can't remember, though, and I imagine they also have a suite or two or ten at the complex at The Star.

Also, I am BEYOND READY for this eyelash extension trend to end.  VK looks ridiculous for many reasons besides it, but they just reminded me.  Looks like damn feathers on 90% of the people I see who get them.  Fake lashes as part of a dramatic make-up look, fantastic.  Even on game day.  For every day?  And for just pushing out a newborn?  (Seen that at least ten times.)  For pete's sake.

Honestly, if done well it doesn’t look bad. Amanda’s looked amazing in the no-make up photos from the campout. VK’s were horrific in the insta story and a lot of these girls are overdoing it. It may look good during the games but not in everyday life, so why can’t they just add some fake lashes on the day of? Sounds cheaper too... i think their mistake is that they go for length, to the point where their lashes reach their forehead; it looks better when you just add volume (same goes for fake lashes as well).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Shan18 said:

Has anyone seen the most recent vk pic on her insta? Why. Just why vk? The amount of Facetune used on her eyes is criminal. 

B6267CA1-5F92-4C42-BF3C-28C0CD5AD0FC.jpeg

lol I saw this pic and immediately had to come check this forum to see if anyone was talking about it!! It’s so overly edited, hardly looks like her! I think VK is sweet but this is just embarrassing for her. Facetune and perfect 365 definitely overdone!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Going off topic a little I know. Ah ok I don't know why but I thought this mil suite you guys was talking about was some executive suite in a the star or at+t sadium or something!!!!

I think the closest equivalent you have to a MIL suite would be a granny flat.  Most contain a living and sleeping area (sometimes combined), a bathroom, and a kitchenette or full kitchen.  They are intended to be self-contained apartments within a larger house.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Dccstar said:

lol I saw this pic and immediately had to come check this forum to see if anyone was talking about it!! It’s so overly edited, hardly looks like her! I think VK is sweet but this is just embarrassing for her. Facetune and perfect 365 definitely overdone!

Maybe she just wants to look like the Barbies she earned these past two auditions.  But wow, she is the same orangish as blonde Taylor.  Same tan. Same hair color.  DCC has their mold don’t they?  Makes Rachel W look natural!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Ugh...the tolls in Dallas. I remember getting the bill from the tolls after a visit once (I think we stayed in or near Addison) and was stunned...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dccstar said:

Gosh that photo is not a photo!  It is so photo shopped!  I can't stand the eyelashes as well!  Has anyone noticed how big they made her sleeve to make her look skinny?  It's like they took the bottom half of a thinner DCC and put her top on top of it!! STAAAPPPP it TPTB!  Please!  Enough with VK already!

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

Gosh that photo is not a photo!  It is so photo shopped!  I can't stand the eyelashes as well!  Has anyone noticed how big they made her sleeve to make her look skinny?  It's like they took the bottom half of a thinner DCC and put her top on top of it!! STAAAPPPP it TPTB!  Please!  Enough with VK already!

I think her midsection is shopped as well as I SERIOUSLY doubt she is naturally that skinny at the moment.  Maybe if she was locked in a gym with only healthy food available (that she didn't have to cook herself) in the proper proportions, then she MIGHT eventually get there.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I don't know...I feel like Lisa has come off as very fake and attention seeking in her DCC takeover today.  Is it just me?  

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I don't know...I feel like Lisa has come off as very fake and attention seeking in her DCC takeover today.  Is it just me?  

That is how I felt about Kat's 😞  Too much inconsistency in her behavior.

• Love 6
On 4/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, NotthebadVictoria said:

I think that should clear it up. I know I’ve seen speculation that Judy and Kelly wouldn’t allow Kat her natural hair and forced her to wear a wig. 

938FC07B-DE34-402A-9C2A-797BBFBA0EBC.png

I don’t think anyone forces Kat to wear wigs.  Didn’t she come in wearing them?  Seems to be her thing.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I don’t think anyone forces Kat to wear wigs.  Didn’t she come in wearing them?  Seems to be her thing.

She even had names for them 🙂 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Shan18 said:

Has anyone seen the most recent vk pic on her insta? Why. Just why vk? The amount of Facetune used on her eyes is criminal. 

B6267CA1-5F92-4C42-BF3C-28C0CD5AD0FC.jpeg

I went on her Instagram to see what the comments were, no one is calling out the obvious Photoshop. It's like a 14 year old trying facetune for the first time. It's mainly the eyes, but also the waist, you can see she's pulled it in making the sleeve look weird. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

No... There's just something about her, I don’t even know why I don’t like her. I also think it was a bit stupid of her to put so much focus on what she did as a DMD. No other girl spent so much time talking about her former team and her sorority.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

No... There's just something about her, I don’t even know why I don’t like her. I also think it was a bit stupid of her to put so much focus on what she did as a DMD. No other girl spent so much time talking about her former team and her sorority.

I don't mind her seeming a bit fake on the IG takeover, as I think it's hard to get the right line between seeming too pageanty fake and not gushing enough about GLs etc for K/J/C liking. I agree though that she spoke too much about DMD

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

She even had names for them 🙂 

Hah!  I forgot that.  She sure did and took  them to Tangerine on makeover day.

Edited by MssdDrms
Extra word
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Hah!  I forgot that.  She sure did and took  them to Tangerine on makeover day.

I wondered about that. It seemed like a lot of trouble to color and style a wig. Couldn't Kelli just buy her a new wig?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Liverbird said:

I don't mind her seeming a bit fake on the IG takeover, as I think it's hard to get the right line between seeming too pageanty fake and not gushing enough about GLs etc for K/J/C liking. I agree though that she spoke too much about DMD

Maybe she is just proud of her accomplishments as a dmd !! I liked her take over 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

I went on her Instagram to see what the comments were, no one is calling out the obvious Photoshop. It's like a 14 year old trying facetune for the first time. It's mainly the eyes, but also the waist, you can see she's pulled it in making the sleeve look weird. 

She tweaked the left side of her body but didn't do the same to her right side.  The left side looks wonky and too "perfect" (including the sleeve) while the right side seems more "real".  You can see that her right side doesn't look quite as "taut" as her left side.  Now, that may be because of how she's standing, but I don't think so.  I think it's more of whatever filter/app/photoshop she's using.

Edited by EricaShadows
20 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

She seriously looks like she is 15 in this video doing her hair lol

She may look 15 here, but that means she'll look 30 when she's 50.

12 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

That's what it is! Her left arm kept looking odd to me, and that's the reason why!

Edited by Muckypup61
misspelled a word
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

She may look 15 here, but that means she'll look 30 when she's 50.

That's what it is! Her left arm kept looking odd to me, and that's the reason why!

This is how I see myself. I'm 27 but some people think I'm about 13. I'll be loving it when I'm 40!

• Love 10

Re: Kat

I didn’t want to like Kat based on auditions: she was ott goofy. She’s not the most trained and refined dancer but she sure brings a lot: gorgeous, fun, much more relaxed way of speaking, pokes fun at herself. And that smile. I thought her natural hair is  very pretty. I can understand wanting to protect it from all the product. I hope it is 110% her choice, though. 

On 4/25/2020 at 5:41 AM, Nelliephant said:

Re: VK

That picture is amateur and kinda sad. It depresses me. 

Edited by Duffer
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I tried to skim the pages as best as I could but I couldn’t find the list of girls retiring except for heather and molly. Has there been a final list released or are these directly from IG posts?

1.amy 

2 heather 

3 molly 

4christina 

5 Bridget 

This is the list we got early on !! 
31 ladies re auditioning 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Now this is how you do lyrical. Beautiful lines and extensions, less tricks and more steps that play to her strengths. Rachel is a gorgeous dancer. I wasn’t keen on her at first but she’s really improved in all genres since her rookie year and definitely deserves her SG spot.

Have you ever watched her videos from the talent competition at the Miss America pageant?  I admit I am not a dancer, but I think she dances beautifully in those.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Have you ever watched her videos from the talent competition at the Miss America pageant?  I admit I am not a dancer, but I think she dances beautifully in those.

Yes, she’s in those and the recent one posted she’s got amazing lines, is elegant, emotional and is just a beautiful dancer.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Does the DCC provide the outfits for these videos?  I know the pro shop does, but this dress plus the other one VK was wearing in ONE of her videos seem similar.  Rachel looks like she’s wearing one of VKs audition dresses here.

• Love 2
On 4/24/2020 at 9:52 PM, TUOwl84 said:

Yes!  I've always felt she was a kiss up and fake as can be.  She's my least favorite out of that rookie class.  I don't enjoy watching her at all. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 12
57 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

HOWEVER, she is not the best dancer, or a dancer that moves everyone to tears with her dancing.

Oh, I'm not so sure about that, she moves many to tears...for different reasons, however 😉 

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 3:08 PM, Dccstar said:

Same could be said for Gina and the anorexia look she does with her filters its so unnecessary and not flattering at all  .. 🙄

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

I really looks like Victoria's dress, but the dancer inside it is much better at lyrical.

Don't get me wrong, I like Victoria. I think she is pretty and her smile, teeth and gum don't bother me one bit. She has a great spirit and positive vibe and she would have made the team any day. Her whole package is definitely DCC.

HOWEVER, she is not the best dancer, or a dancer that moves everyone to tears with her dancing. In my opinion there are DCC's that are much better dancers than Victoria but currently not in Show Group. This is the only issue with Victoria, and it is not even about her. The amount of nepotism on display when it comes to Victoria is breathtaking and it is obviously very disheartening to see it. A lot of people direct their anger towards Victoria and they shouldn't. They should be angry at the people making these decisions.

THIS, all day long! 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, H3705 said:
On 4/24/2020 at 4:08 PM, Dccstar said:

Same could be said for Gina and the anorexia look she does with her filters its so unnecessary and not flattering at all  .. 🙄

Like everybody, I think some of the girls are prettier than others, I think there are some who are not pretty in the least, but for every "me" there are probably 1,000 "anti-me"s who think my taste is full of crap.  IMO there is no need for them to bother with the digital "improvements," they are never going to appeal to everybody's tastes no matter what.  And if they are doing it for themselves because they don't think they're good enough the way they are, then that's really sad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Like everybody, I think some of the girls are prettier than others, I think there are some who are not pretty in the least, but for every "me" there are probably 1,000 "anti-me"s who think my taste is full of crap.  IMO there is no need for them to bother with the digital "improvements," they are never going to appeal to everybody's tastes no matter what.  And if they are doing it for themselves because they don't think they're good enough the way they are, then that's really sad.

110% agree!!

• Love 4