Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 4/19/2020 at 4:01 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Here is another Wake up and Wiggle.  I didn't realize that the DCC did have these kinds of videos like the DCRB where they are teaching combos.  Now if they were called Dance with the DCC...……….

I love Alanna!! She is an excellent dancer and has such a bright smile!  She is right up there with Bridget for me in regards to being fun to watch.  I think she's gotten overlooked and I hope she gets more recognition this next season!!!

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I love Alanna!! She is an excellent dancer and has such a bright smile!  She is right up there with Bridget for me in regards to being fun to watch.  I think she's gotten overlooked and I hope she gets more recognition this next season!!!

Yes, this video really makes me like her. I do think it's the smile. She seems genuine. Never paid attention to her before.

• Love 5

Well, someone got to start their takeover hours earlier than the other girls.  She works as a clothing model - no word about teaching at her old studio or at Cowboys Fit.  And she is a part time college student and a part time student at the Joffrey Ballet studio.

• LOL 5
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, someone got to start their takeover hours earlier than the other girls.  She works as a clothing model - no word about teaching at her old studio or at Cowboys Fit.  And she is a part time college student and a part time student at the Joffrey Ballet studio.

Who cares about the other girls anyway?

I laughed so hard when she said that she wants to start a blog. That will be hilarious, unless she gets someone else to write it for her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Who cares about the other girls anyway?

I laughed so hard when she said that she wants to start a blog. That will be hilarious, unless she gets someone else to write it for her.

As a blogger myself (I've been doing it on and off for over 10 years), if she writes like she speaks, she'll have no words!

• LOL 18
6 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

First video that has made me consider making a Tiktok account, just so I can like this video and see who else takes the challenge.  Hopefully some beloved alumni!

I found the disappearing legs distracting, but otherwise geez, give Ashlee point !

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She works as a clothing model - no word about teaching at her old studio or at Cowboys Fit.

Not that I want to defend Victoria....I thought the same thing, but then I realized nobody is working at Cowboys Fit or any dance studios at the moment.

3 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Top right photo taken from this board. A subtle middle finger if I've ever seen one.

Middle finger to whom?  I'm not seeing any digs toward anyone in that picture.

• Love 6
On 4/19/2020 at 10:40 AM, Lona said:

IMO. Kelli or whoever decided Heather needed to be "punished" weren't being weirdos they were being weak.

I dont call it weak. I call it COWARD. But thats my opinion and I respect yours. But thats how I see Kelli, not weak but a coward. Too coward to stick up for herself with her so called BFF Tina over her daughter VK.

I mean you got daughters who CAME from a legacy background and how many of them got given this much free pass to DCC? Take that girl (from about 7  years ago) whose mother was Natasha something (cheered 1985 or 1987?), what about the other 2 who came when Dayton and Victoria was "rejected" last year? What about Dayton? Yes Dayton made the damn mistake of being late to her makeover, but come over that girl can FREAKING DANCE better than VK. What about Meredith? Didn't Judy "hate" her on her final season because she gained weight and Kelli and Charlotte wouldnt let Liz Router into TCC and Judy just was pissed with some people? Cassie yes ... was given basically "a free pass" esp in her last season, I feel esp with her leg injury. Maybe thats why Jay Johnson isnt shown on tv as much because he questioned why they were being "lenient" towards Cassie having an injury and allowing her a "free pass" to TCC, whilst other vets were given harsh talking to for gaining weight or cut completely without a chance ec

Her current IG takeover .... LOL omg ha the vid of her doing that lyrical, is VK like 2 counts behind everyone else and the others are going "too fast"? Seems to me she is the one who is damn slow and behind everyone else.

Does anyone have a screenshot of Rachel saying Heathers gone back to Arizona? I don't follow her on IG and definately missed that insta story. I cant believe Heathers gone. I guess this means Heather wouldnt be considered for 20/21 all stars? I was actually surprised Heather had a long distance relationship for that long. I thought her bf would have relocated to texas after a while or stayed at his job and looked for a job in texas to be closer to Heather. I guess well done to her for making that work.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:
On 4/19/2020 at 2:40 AM, Lona said:

I dont call it weak. I call it COWARD. But thats my opinion and I respect yours. But thats how I see Kelli, not weak but a coward. Too coward to stick up for herself with her so called BFF Tina over her daughter VK.

Oh believe me I’m not disagreeing with that. I just don’t like using that word myself. 🙂 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Not that I want to defend Victoria....I thought the same thing, but then I realized nobody is working at Cowboys Fit or any dance studios at the moment.

I doubt that’s the reason she didn’t mention it. The other girls who work as fitness/dance instructors said just that, they didn’t say “i’m currently unemployed”. 

I deleted the part about Ashlee and can’t fix it -just wanted to say that I doubt they will let her next to Maddie or Tess, she’s too good. At best she will take Gina’s former spot. A girl can dream of course...

11 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

My God, Victoria got a ton of talking time on the Instagram story it seems. I didn't watch it because it takes so long to load for me, I don't have time for that. Lol but it looks like a lot. 

Are you really surprised? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyEve said:

Her current IG takeover .... LOL omg ha the vid of her doing that lyrical, is VK like 2 counts behind everyone else and the others are going "too fast"? Seems to me she is the one who is damn slow and behind everyone else.

Yes and i’m surprised she chose that one... i haven’t yet seen even one clip where she isn’t off in some way, but there are definitely clips where it’s not as noticeable so I don’t get why she chose it.

I just saw the rest of her answers (though she’s still answering questions). She’s the only one not looking into the camera the whole time she’s talking so it does look like she has some notes but it’s not like she makes much sense anyway. Aaand i’m surprised she didn’t bring up again the “thyroid” issue, and barely talked about changing her diet. So she had a medical condition but overcame it with brisk walking? Interesting!

And I nearly died laughing with the “hope to house a tcc” next summer. That is extremely weird and while i assume cheaper, why would anyone choose to move to a different city and go live with a stranger’s family? Although it may be smart to befriend your director’s bestie...

Seriously, she invites people to DM her on her personal IG account?????  Do the girls not have social media training anymore?  I mean, it's bad enough that Victoria responds to comments she shouldn't on FB, tiktok, and IG from creeps.  And the fact that she does respond to almost every comment.  I feel she needs to maintain some sort of distance.

25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

And I nearly died laughing with the “hope to house a tcc” next summer. That is extremely weird and while i assume cheaper, why would anyone choose to move to a different city and go live with a stranger’s family? Although it may be smart to befriend your director’s bestie...

Nicole Bulcher lived with a host family - it was set up by the DCC.  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Seriously, she invites people to DM her on her personal IG account?????  Do the girls not have social media training anymore?  I mean, it's bad enough that Victoria responds to comments she shouldn't on FB, tiktok, and IG from creeps.  And the fact that she does respond to almost every comment.  I feel she needs to maintain some sort of distance.

I don't care for Victoria but I don't see anything wrong with inviting people to DM her with questions they may have. She isn't obligated to answer them and I guess depending on the question and the person her answers could be beneficial.

But TBH if it is about auditions or anything DCC related there's like at least 36 other people they should consider asking before her. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Who in their right mind would go live with her?!  Victoria is probably doing it for the money, I doubt the person would live there for free.  

I don’t dislike Victoria although I will admit that I am fairly critical of The Powers The Be pushing of her on us (to be fair, I’m critical of everyone much to my step children’s delight 😝).

I thought she did well. I thought the notes were a very good idea as she doesn’t think well on her feet (see: past seasons’ media training). As a former public speaking instructor, I think that’s a great idea, but I do suggest practicing her answers a little more before going on camera. But she’s young and will improve with practice and repetition. It’s obvious she loves being a DCC, and it’s clearly her entire life. I found it endearing while watching on IG although I really do hope she finds other interests as she matures.

My only issue was her eye makeup. I thought it was a little mature for her. But I thought she looked good. I love the color combo she chose, the raspberry top with the turquoise jewelry, it looked good on her and on camera. 

Kelcy’s eye makeup yesterday was gorgeous. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why???

just a question though, if it’s set up by dcc does it mean that the expenses are also paid by dcc? 

TBH it’s much easier to rent a room in someone’s house than it would be to get an apartment set up, especially if you were relocating. As a young, single female, that can be a sketch AF proposition so I’m not surprised friends and families of DCC staff would offer that up as an options. It’s almost like a summer sublet. And then once they make the team, meet potential roommates, etc. they can set life up for real. 

When I lived in Plano near the star, I had a MIL suite type set up in my house I would have happily rented to a TCC on the cheap. You know they’d never be home and the Cowboys run a background check 😂  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Who in their right mind would go live with her?!  Victoria is probably doing it for the money, I doubt the person would live there for free.  

I can only imagine the dynamics of living with the Kalinas would be!  You wouldn’t want to be too good of a TCC and outshine VK while on the other hand the kalinas wouldn’t  want to associate with those they view as “less thans”.  I would be so scared to let down my guard in fear I’d be thrown under the bus or suffocated by syrupy  fake sweetness.  All the while knowing every little thing gets relayed back to auntie Kelli.  What a reality show or farce that could be!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

But Nicole wasn't "stuffed" down our throats the way that VK was stuffed down our throats the last 2 seasons (I wish they stuffed Dayton down our throats more over VK tbh and I say that not because Shelly post on this board but because at least she can dance better than VK (not the best dancer but BETTER than VK and I rather watch someone who can dancer better). 

If I remember correctly Nicole mentioned it but Nicole was highlighted in her good and bad faults even when they had that nutrition person go to her house etc.

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

When I lived in Plano near the star, I had a MIL suite type set up in my house I would have happily rented to a TCC on the cheap. You know they’d never be home and the Cowboys run a background check 😂  

What is a MIL suite? I've never heard of it

34 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

But Nicole wasn't "stuffed" down our throats the way that VK was stuffed down our throats the last 2 seasons (I wish they stuffed Dayton down our throats more over VK tbh and I say that not because Shelly post on this board but because at least she can dance better than VK (not the best dancer but BETTER than VK and I rather watch someone who can dancer better). 

If I remember correctly Nicole mentioned it but Nicole was highlighted in her good and bad faults even when they had that nutrition person go to her house etc.

What is a MIL suite? I've never heard of it

A MIL suite is a mother in law suite 

8 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I don’t dislike Victoria although I will admit that I am fairly critical of The Powers The Be pushing of her on us (to be fair, I’m critical of everyone much to my step children’s delight 😝).

I thought she did well. I thought the notes were a very good idea as she doesn’t think well on her feet (see: past seasons’ media training). As a former public speaking instructor, I think that’s a great idea, but I do suggest practicing her answers a little more before going on camera. But she’s young and will improve with practice and repetition. It’s obvious she loves being a DCC, and it’s clearly her entire life. I found it endearing while watching on IG although I really do hope she finds other interests as she matures.

My only issue was her eye makeup. I thought it was a little mature for her. But I thought she looked good. I love the color combo she chose, the raspberry top with the turquoise jewelry, it looked good on her and on camera. 

Kelcy’s eye makeup yesterday was gorgeous. 

When you’re doing a presentation, yes it’s a great idea. When answering basic question on insta, where you can re-film yourself? Terrible idea.

Kelli is such a hypocrite, she’s kicked out much better dancers for being “an ambassador risk” and saying that they need to be able to talk with dignitaries and what not (doubt that has ever happened to be fair but that’s a different conversation). And yet, she’s acting like this girl that can’t possibly answer one simple question on her own is the best thing that has ever happened to dcc.

5 hours ago, kalibean said:

TBH it’s much easier to rent a room in someone’s house than it would be to get an apartment set up, especially if you were relocating. As a young, single female, that can be a sketch AF proposition so I’m not surprised friends and families of DCC staff would offer that up as an options. It’s almost like a summer sublet. And then once they make the team, meet potential roommates, etc. they can set life up for real. 

While normally i’d say it’s a good idea, not that this would be a 100% safe either. But every year we get girls relocating for tc and they end up living together so i’d rather rent an apartment with a fellow tc/teammate than a whole family. 

We were wondering though how they will manage to showcase VK as a vet... there you go! She will be the mentor of a young tcc (well, probably olden than her) struggling with tc!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I couldn't watch VK's IG stories because there's nothing more I hate than to see talking without any captions! Now they have a deaf advocate on the team in Kristin, shouldn't they make their social media a little more accessible? There are literally apps that will type it up for you too!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Was it Kelsey Bond's family she lived with?  Also, Yuko lived with Natalie Woods.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was it Kelsey Bond's family she lived with?  Also, Yuko lived with Natalie Woods.

Also Maddie (and another TCC, can't remember her name though) both lived with the same host family during Maddie's first year at training camp.  I'm almost positive Amy said she lived with former DCC Sarah Gourley/Idkiak (sp?) when she was a TCC (not sure if Sarah had already retired at that point).  I think it's a pretty common thing to do.

I think it's smart, personally.  You haven't made the team so why rent an apartment and move all of your stuff when you don't know how long you'll actually be in Dallas?  And if your host is a former DCC they can help you with DCC life stuff or at least point you in the right direction (and probably report back to Kelli if their TCC candidate is out partying or doing something unbecoming lol).

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, LRCH said:

Is it just me, or is Maddie making weird faces??

Maddie's always making weird faces, that's her "intense" look.  Kelli even told her in her 1st TC about a "pleasant smile" going a long way.

13 hours ago, Monique said:

I don't care for Victoria but I don't see anything wrong with inviting people to DM her with questions they may have.

There are a lot of creepers out there, unfortunately.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Also Maddie (and another TCC, can't remember her name though) both lived with the same host family during Maddie's first year at training camp.  I'm almost positive Amy said she lived with former DCC Sarah Gourley/Idkiak (sp?) when she was a TCC (not sure if Sarah had already retired at that point).  I think it's a pretty common thing to do.

I think it's smart, personally.  You haven't made the team so why rent an apartment and move all of your stuff when you don't know how long you'll actually be in Dallas?  And if your host is a former DCC they can help you with DCC life stuff or at least point you in the right direction (and probably report back to Kelli if their TCC candidate is out partying or doing something unbecoming lol).

But presumably they would still pay rent? Unless it’s specifically set up through dcc (as in the payments go through them), which would be unfair anyway to the girls who are paying their expenses. But if they don’t get a payment, why would anyone take in a stranger? For the chance to say they are hosting a dcc?

With sarah and former dccs it’s different, it’s still like living with a roommate. I would certainly move into a friend’s family house if needed, but not in a total stranger’s -unless of course you’re right that they wouldn’t pay a dime which ok makes sense in that case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, LRCH said:

Is it just me, or is Maddie making weird faces??

9 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

But presumably they would still pay rent? Unless it’s specifically set up through dcc (as in the payments go through them), which would be unfair anyway to the girls who are paying their expenses. But if they don’t get a payment, why would anyone take in a stranger? For the chance to say they are hosting a dcc?

With sarah and former dccs it’s different, it’s still like living with a roommate. I would certainly move into a friend’s family house if needed, but not in a total stranger’s -unless of course you’re right that they wouldn’t pay a dime which ok makes sense in that case.

Maybe @ShellyB can tell us how the host family thing usually works. I assume if a girl has family/friends who live in Dallas and can put her up, she would just make her own arrangements.  But if the DCC offers to put her up with an alumni, does she typically pay rent?  What kind of support is the host expected to give?  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

When you’re doing a presentation, yes it’s a great idea. When answering basic question on insta, where you can re-film yourself? Terrible idea.

Kelli is such a hypocrite, she’s kicked out much better dancers for being “an ambassador risk” and saying that they need to be able to talk with dignitaries and what not (doubt that has ever happened to be fair but that’s a different conversation). And yet, she’s acting like this girl that can’t possibly answer one simple question on her own is the best thing that has ever happened to dcc.

First part: For me, I’m willing to give her a little leeway on the notes. Especially given her youth and that she seems a bit exuberantly scattered in general. I think I’m willing to overlook it as I think it helped keep her on track. Nothing bothers me more than rambling “likes,” “ums,” and “yeahs.” I was recently watching something where the speaker took a question from the audience and started her answer with, “Um yeah so...”. 😖

I actually wish more of the girls did video answers as opposed to writing those long paragraphs. More often than not the segment ended before I finished reading, and I just wasn’t interested enough to go back and finish. I thought Alanna, Lexie, and Amanda did particularly well in their video answer segments.    

Second part: Agreed! Kelli definitely let a couple of girls that would have done well as a DCC go on just the slightest grievance. My constant rewatching of past seasons on PlutoTV just unfortunately highlights this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, ByTor said:

I found the disappearing legs distracting, but otherwise geez, give Ashlee point !

I think she'd definitely be great at point...she's dynamic and doesn't seem to make mistakes.  If  not point, then definitely the diamond!! She's a fireball for sure!! 🙂

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, dotdot 37 said:

If vk host a tcc she will be shown in how she was there to help the girl make the team

It makes perfect sense to TPTB for VK to host a rookie.  Each season focuses on the rookies to the extent that the vets are almost completely ignored, but this would allow VK to be the star of the third season in a row.  Watch VK introduce her to Dallas. Watch VK give her advice on how to be the best rookie DCC just not as perfect as her. 🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I’m sure it will be Maddie Tess Lexie Gina 

God, I really hope they switch it up because that is a snoozefest. There's only Gina who deserves a spot in my opinion!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

God, I really hope they switch it up because that is a snoozefest. There's only Gina who deserves a spot in my opinion!

I wish they would do it by best dancer and not senority 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Have people started making predictions on the diamond formation for the upcoming season yet?

It will be the #DCCThunderstruckChallenge and Victoria will just be all 36 girls 😂😂😂😩 

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I think that should clear it up. I know I’ve seen speculation that Judy and Kelly wouldn’t allow Kat her natural hair and forced her to wear a wig. 

938FC07B-DE34-402A-9C2A-797BBFBA0EBC.png

She looks so much prettier with her natural hair.  Most of the DCC look better without all the make up and big hair.

• Love 9

Strangely I have a feeling that Sarah Gourley being Amy's host wasn't weird. I might be wrong but I have a strange feeling that Amy WAS connected to Sarah in some way LONG before Amy tried out for DCC. I meant its a little coincident that Sarah is now an instructor (and prob one of Amy's BFF) at Amy's dance studio.

As for for rent can someone tell me what the rough rent prices in Texas area is please? Also whats the contract like? For example (I am from UK) and here in the UK, when you rent a property out it usually has a minimum stay of 6 months or 1 year contract and if IF you want to leave before the minimum term you need to pay out the rest of the contract eg if I take a 6 months contract out, and I decide to leave after 1 month I need to pay the rest of the 5 month contract up front to leave after 1 month.

As for the host family, why did noone offer that to Jinelle? Or did she have a host family and I missed something? Because wasn't she the one who was living out of a Day Inn hotel? I mean the prices of hotel fluctuate per week/day so how the hell did she afford that? Was that true or was that a rumor? 

• Love 3