Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

So, while i do like the takeovers, it seems a bit strange that every girls is getting the exact same questions, one of them being “what’s your favorite bible verse”. I mean, who asks that? 

I don’t doubt they get many genuine questions, but I think they have a limit on what questions they can answer and frankly, what’s the point of this if they’re only answering 5-6 questions and it’s pretty much always the same questions?

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

So, while i do like the takeovers, it seems a bit strange that every girls is getting the exact same questions, one of them being “what’s your favorite bible verse”. I mean, who asks that? 

I don’t doubt they get many genuine questions, but I think they have a limit on what questions they can answer and frankly, what’s the point of this if they’re only answering 5-6 questions and it’s pretty much always the same questions?

I think they are going threw all the questions asked threw out the whole time they have been doing this 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I dont think they are answering the questions from any fans at all. I think they are pre made and approved questions made by K and J. I mean look at Heather/Tess and co those 4 are sharing a house why are are they posting and answering the same thing 4 times? No need for that is there? The first 2 times maybe, fair enough if this was before they posted the insta stories onto the insta page permanently etc.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Right?  Aren't they supposed to be getting "Do you know who Sean Spicer is?" Tasha-esque type questions??? 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I think they are going threw all the questions asked threw out the whole time they have been doing this 

I've stopped asking questions as they never get answered anyway.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Same thought re Bible verse I know some of the girls are extremely religious but seriously? I’d have to dig deep to find a bible verse let alone my fave, ummm is that bad especially being such a holy weekend... 

• Love 5

Heck I wouldn't be able to name my favorite Bible verse. I'm not big on it, I wouldn't answer that question. 

I was looking and they always answer who are your rookie sisters, and who is your boot buddy, and what group are you in? I'm like who cares! Go look it up yourself, if you're really asking that question! Lol 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Heck I wouldn't be able to name my favorite Bible verse. I'm not big on it, I wouldn't answer that question. 

I was looking and they always answer who are your rookie sisters, and who is your boot buddy, and what group are you in? I'm like who cares! Go look it up yourself, if you're really asking that question! Lol 

Did you see that someone asked Maddie if she was a group leader?!?!

1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Same thought re Bible verse I know some of the girls are extremely religious but seriously? I’d have to dig deep to find a bible verse let alone my fave, ummm is that bad especially being such a holy weekend... 

Maybe this is the norm in southern us? No shade, I’m just guessing that this is why... i’m just feeling sorry for the non-southern girls or international candidates that are forced to do this. Again, i’m not familiar with the culture and i get that it’s part of the job, but it has to be weird having to participate in prayers etc when this isn’t your thing. 

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

If TPTB are reading this, what about showing each girl's solo from last year in it's entirety on the DCC IG.   

YES PLEASE. I’d love that!

Did you see that someone asked Maddie if she was a group leader?!?!

I mean, maybe someone did actually ask that. Why would you choose to answer this one over other questions that would actually get us to know you better?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Uhm, Miranda posted that dancing for the Razorbacks was her lifelong dream... she must be the last person retiring, or else she just got herself cut.

So, was dancing for the Razorbacks a "stepping stone" to dancing for the DCC:)

And she says she has a trip planned for Asia as soon as things are back to normal, so I wonder if she is retiring😟

• Love 1

Kat is a beautiful girl, with and without makeup, but skimming through her Insta tutorial it just blows my mind how much makeup these girls really wear. Game days and IRL. I wear a fraction of that and was exhausted watching it. Can’t imagine the time and expense. But to each their own! And she really is gorgeous. Showed a little fun to her personality too.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

Kat is a beautiful girl, with and without makeup, but skimming through her Insta tutorial it just blows my mind how much makeup these girls really wear. Game days and IRL. I wear a fraction of that and was exhausted watching it. Can’t imagine the time and expense. But to each their own! And she really is gorgeous. Showed a little fun to her personality too.

When she said, “And that’s it!” at the end, I laughed.  Really?!  Is that all????  That was exhausting! Still, I’m glad to see something different on the DCC social media, and it might actually be useful for people trying to get that ‘DCC look.’

• Love 9
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Maybe this is the norm in southern us? No shade, I’m just guessing that this is why... i’m just feeling sorry for the non-southern girls or international candidates that are forced to do this. Again, i’m not familiar with the culture and i get that it’s part of the job, but it has to be weird having to participate in prayers etc when this isn’t your thing. 

YES PLEASE. I’d love that!

I mean, maybe someone did actually ask that. Why would you choose to answer this one over other questions that would actually get us to know you better?

Born and raised in Dallas and I could barely come up with a bible verse, let alone a favorite. Nor could anyone I know. Never new a single girl growing up, or in college who ran around quoting scripture. Maybe I'm cynical, but I think all of that is contrived for the image the cowboys want to project. Back in the mid nineties there was a players wives cookbook. The ladies were all asked to place favorite quotes with the recipes and 90 percent were scripture. I remember thinking it was all a crock then too. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Maybe I'm cynical, but I think all of that is contrived for the image the cowboys want to project.

Kelli did bring in her pastor expecting the girls to open up to him - on camera, in front of a tv audience.  Personally, I think she should have told the girls he was available to anyone who wanted to talk privately.

• Love 12

So, was dancing for the Razorbacks a "stepping stone" to dancing for the DCC:)

And she says she has a trip planned for Asia as soon as things are back to normal, so I wonder if she is retiring😟

Maybe she was planning to go during the offseason but it got postponed...?

She barely answered any questions and of course she answered the exact same questions too. Now we’re down to Amy... i’m not sure whether VK would go first as the most important rookie, or last so that her saved story comes up first.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

She barely answered any questions and of course she answered the exact same questions too.

I think they finished her up early so they could premiere Kat's tutorial.  They did that to Daphne the other day before the world premiere of "Victoria on Cement - The Sequel"

• LOL 7

Do I think Kat is pretty, yes but I’d love to see her with her natural hair but even more I find it hard to take makeup advice from her with her eyebrows I get it’s microblading but they look like they were draw on with a sharpie that is not attractive to me... These poor girls look like caricatures of themselves...

68139447-0103-4C5C-8D19-4334C98A9290.jpeg

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think they finished her up early so they could premiere Kat's tutorial.  They did that to Daphne the other day before the world premiere of "Victoria on Cement - The Sequel"

...because people can’t possibly both watch a story and open a post? I don’t get the reasoning -with VK I do actually, of course our focus has to be on her and her alone.

Kat’s new hair color is much much better!

• Love 5

Why has it been "in" the past few years or so to have eyebrows like that? What was wrong with the pencil thin brows of the early/mid 2000s and such? Lol. I'm not really one to notice anyone's eyebrows unless they're obviously drawn on or something. But still...I always get annoyed when people make comments about how bad thin eyebrows looked years ago. I just think there was nothing wrong with those. Maybe in a few years we will be making fun of the thick, filled in ones of today.  Anyway... I like Kat's hair now too.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I always get annoyed when people make comments about how bad thin eyebrows looked years ago. I just think there was nothing wrong with those.

Me too, I love them!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

Born and raised in Dallas and I could barely come up with a bible verse, let alone a favorite. Nor could anyone I know. Never new a single girl growing up, or in college who ran around quoting scripture. Maybe I'm cynical, but I think all of that is contrived for the image the cowboys want to project. Back in the mid nineties there was a players wives cookbook. The ladies were all asked to place favorite quotes with the recipes and 90 percent were scripture. I remember thinking it was all a crock then too. 

I’d be in there with an ummm, do unto others?! And um, those who refresh others will too be refreshed!  (I actually liked that one from a couple of seasons back.)

I’ve lived most of my adult life in Dallas and before that Virginia, plus went to church for years and that’s STILL all I’ve got. And lord Jesus on Easter weekend to boot 😬

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

I can’t get over how pretty Kat is without any makeup. I know she doesn’t have a choice in the heavy makeup look when she’s getting DCC ready, but it’s a shame she has to cover up! 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli did bring in her pastor expecting the girls to open up to him - on camera, in front of a tv audience.  Personally, I think she should have told the girls he was available to anyone who wanted to talk privately.

And I wanted to know what he really thought of what Kelli did to him. Because when I saw that, I saw a small flicker of "hhhmm this is not really appropriate" from him and the way it was done. I think this was one of Kelli's "shit" management skills, and I think she must have thought "I am doing this for the benefit of Shania" ..... sorry the poor girl needs time off to grieve she dont need it broadcast all over tv for humiliation.

But Kelli doesnt have a brain most of the times in certain departments (thats how I see it LOL) because all she cares about is how to promote the team to make it look like "we care". Yes Kelli go utilise that sales degree you got, but not on a level where you have to humiliate the poor girls to gain those promotion promoting the team and to quote Kelli (to Judy, after a conversation with Kaitlyn LeGrand) "if my daughter lied to me I'd know" and she wouldnt dare do that to me ..... ha ha ha ha double standards.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Jennv said:

I see what you did there.  LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Look, I found a favorite bible quote after all

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites

are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and

in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.

Verily I say unto you, They have their reward

Matthew 6:5

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Oof mine are still recovering from all the plucking in the 00's😅

Ugh, mine never recovered!  I have to draw mine on now.  I actually like that fuller brows are more popular now, I think that they make your face more expressive.  

16 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

I can’t get over how pretty Kat is without any makeup. I know she doesn’t have a choice in the heavy makeup look when she’s getting DCC ready, but it’s a shame she has to cover up! 

I think the vast majority of the girls look better with little/no makeup.  Miranda is another one that looks so pretty, she could pass for 10 years younger without all the makeup.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Ugh, mine never recovered!  I have to draw mine on now.  I actually like that fuller brows are more popular now, I think that they make your face more expressive.  

I think the vast majority of the girls look better with little/no makeup.  Miranda is another one that looks so pretty, she could pass for 10 years younger without all the makeup.

Same! Love the fuller brows and the natural mske up they do in their off time. But I have to say I picked up some good pointers from Kat's tutorial. Usually I go for a more natural look but sometimes I do go all-out. What I still need to know is how they keep it from smudging after 4 hours of dancing! My setting spray does not work that well 🤷‍♀️

• Love 5

Asking everyone their favourite bible verse could be considered presumptuous because not all Christians are Protestant. Catholics (majority of Christians) do not go around quoting the Bible.
It would also be equally presumptuos to ask everyone what their favourite saint is, since not all Christians are Catholic.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, kalibean said:

I’d be in there with an ummm, do unto others?! And um, those who refresh others will too be refreshed!  (I actually liked that one from a couple of seasons back.)

I’ve lived most of my adult life in Dallas and before that Virginia, plus went to church for years and that’s STILL all I’ve got. And lord Jesus on Easter weekend to boot 😬

Take the easy way out: “Jesus wept.”

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

To quote Chris Lane, “What's your name, what's your sign, what's your birthday?
What's your wrist tattoo bible verse say?” 

Grew up Catholic, I couldn’t quote a bible verse if needed. I got the gist of it all. Now that I live in the Deep South, it definitely is a more popular thing. Restaurants have John on their packaging, girls have their verse on their Instagram description. It doesn’t feel authentic to me but that was just how I was raised. 

• Love 8

I think Amber might need to be taught about what a lockdown means. On her Insta Stories, it looks like she's travelled to see her boyfriend's family, even though she's meant to stay at home. 

I love her but she doesn't seem to have much common sense.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think Amber might need to be taught about what a lockdown means. On her Insta Stories, it looks like she's travelled to see her boyfriend's family, even though she's meant to stay at home. 

I love her but she doesn't seem to have much common sense.

I don’t think the us is actually on lockdown? All european countries that are on lockdown require some sort of permits for every trip outside of one’s home. If she was able to travel, I assume it’s been requested to shelter in place but it’s not required by law? 

While i absolutely adore them, I saw in Heather’s insta story that they were playing by the pool with their doggos but a man was also there... i assume it’s one of their boyfriends, but unless he had moved into their place already, i’m not exactly thrilled with their idea. We all have to stay away from out loved ones, it’s not the end of the world.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t think the us is actually on lockdown? All european countries that are on lockdown require some sort of permits for every trip outside of one’s home. If she was able to travel, I assume it’s been requested to shelter in place but it’s not required by law? 

While i absolutely adore them, I saw in Heather’s insta story that they were playing by the pool with their doggos but a man was also there... i assume it’s one of their boyfriends, but unless he had moved into their place already, i’m not exactly thrilled with their idea. We all have to stay away from out loved ones, it’s not the end of the world.

Are you allowed to travel? We're only allowed out in the UK for exercise once a day, for food/medicine or to travel to work as a key worker. Going around to visit friends and family is the worst thing to do as it spreads the virus quicker in enclosed spaces.

I think the guy in Heather's video is Rachel's boyfriend. Isn't be the one who works at Cowboys Fit? Hopefully he's moved in for the time being, not just visiting all the time.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Are you allowed to travel? We're only allowed out in the UK for exercise once a day, for food/medicine or to travel to work as a key worker. Going around to visit friends and family is the worst thing to do as it spreads the virus quicker in enclosed spaces.

I think the guy in Heather's video is Rachel's boyfriend. Isn't be the one who works at Cowboys Fit? Hopefully he's moved in for the time being, not just visiting all the time.

The guy in the video is a guy named Corey he is a hockey player he might be a guy Alexis talking to but to be honest he seemed more into his phone then anything 

Edited by Holly85
Added something
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Rules are in place for “lockdowns” state by state in the US. I’m not 100% sure what the Texas rules are, but idk if Amber was in Texas when the order went into effect. I know that lots of families chose to break quarantine for Easter yesterday, which is...... a choice. 🙃

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Where I live we're allowed to travel locally (governor says don't travel to other states but I don't see how he can enforce that.  He also said that people that came in from another state to attend a church service yesterday had "brought the virus in" which is wierd) and visit "essential" businesses like grocery stores, pharmacies and pet supply stores to name a few (everything else is closed).

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
clarity
3 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I’m going to ask Bridget if she’s returning next season!

It’s one of the questions that few of the ladies arent answering on there 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

No we’re most definitely not allowed to! During the weekends we don’t even have access to our beaches because most people would go there for their “daily exercise” and it would get too crowded. We’re not allowed to travel during easter within let’s say the same county, so from one city to the next, precisely because people would choose to visit friends and families. And over the past few weeks we’re not allowed to travel to any area outside of our permanent residence.

3 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Where I live we're allowed to travel locally (governor says don't travel to other states but I don't see how he can enforce that.  He also said that people that came in from another state to attend a church service yesterday had "brought the virus in" which is wierd) and visit "essential" businesses like grocery stores, pharmacies and pet supply stores to name a few (everything else is closed).

You enforce that by closing down the means of traveling honestly. I understand that the us works a bit differently but with your death count, these shouldn’t be mere suggestions. If people don’t take it seriously, fine. But why would you give them the option of taking the train/bus/plane to another state? 

15 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I’m going to ask Bridget if she’s returning next season!

Ah, she will be too busy searching for her favorite bible verse to answer such an insignificant question!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

F27BBC96-C61B-427D-8443-F8011BC6FEB7.jpeg

So looking forward to a Hannah & Erin duet. Hannah is sassy and sexy whereas Erin is lyrical and soft. I'm hoping for a sensual contemporary number if it's a duet with lots of technique and beautiful lines.

16 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

No VK takeover this week. Must be saving "the bestest DCC ever" for last.

Also another DCC in Motion this week. I went back and looked at all social media accounts just for giggles and unless I've missed one, there are TWELVE of them. Not 10, not 11. 12.

Someone screwed up the numbering big time😆

Surely that's not a surprise 🤣

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

It's not! 😁 FWIW - here's what should be the actual release order:

1. Tess / Taylor P. / VK / Madeline
  2. Lexie / Ashlee / Kelcey
  3. Maddie
  4. Meredith / Rachel W. / Caroline / Amber
  5. Gina / Bridget / Lisa
  6. VK (red dress)
  7. Brennan / Chandi / Alexis / Savannah / Daphne
  8. Amy
  9. CiCi / Rachel W.
  10. Heather / Molly / Rachel A. / Alanna / Christina
  11. Lily / Taylor J. / Miranda / Brianna / Kelcey
  12. VK (black dress)
  13. Hannah / Erin

I thought VK was in more videos, but I must be thinking of the Christmas one, and all the tiktok videos she has appeared in.

I’m in Texas. It’s fine to be on the roads. In your car is no different than being in your house.  I drove several hours today just to look at wildflowers. 

I have lots of friends that have favorite bible verses. It’s not unusual, weird or anything else. 

• Love 6

I appreciate the exercise and dance combos the DCC have been posting and hope they keep it up! I've incorporated Erin's pilates exercises targeting upper body and Alexis and Rachel A's cardio circuit into my at-home routines and they're great! I am getting my strength and flexibility back as I recover from a series of interrelated injuries and these are easy enough on the body for me to do, but they also are great toning exercises for the more physically fit. More, please! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3